Skip over navigation

If Your Life Were a Movie

By ContributorSeptember 22, 2010
We want to know which bands are on neomaxizoomdwbi's life soundtrack! —Sparkitors Have you ever thought about how easy life would be if you could live it according to movies? You’d have fewer problems if you could figure out which cinematic cliché you’re caught... More  →
If Your Life Were a Movie

Auntie SparkNotes: Textual Harassment

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 22, 2010
Did Auntie just make up the phrase "textual harassment"? Because if so, she is a certified genius. —Sparkitors Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I did something recently that I really kinda regret and was wondering if you have any advice for fixing it. So, I am on the XC team... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Textual Harassment

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 22, 2010
Last week's video revealed a very upsetting fact: some of you don't like Zach Anner. To this, there can be only one response: WHA?!? We wanted to use 15 more question marks and at least 9 more exclamation points, but those things cost money, and... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

The Best Excuses for Skipping Homecoming

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 22, 2010
A high school Homecoming is really about three things: 1. Showing school spirit. 2. Cementing the place of football players and cheerleaders in the social hierarchy. 3. Dragging yourself to a gymnasium festooned in decorations to make it look like anything but a gymnasium,... More  →
The Best Excuses for Skipping Homecoming

The Sparknotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 1 (Audition)

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 22, 2010
And....IT'S BACK. The season opens with nebbish Rachel-lover Jacob video-blogging (or "vlogging," as the cool kids might say) the Glee kids’ return to McKinley High after summer vacation. Here’s where the kids are at: Rachel has amazing New Wave-style bangs, but the exhausted look in... More  →
The Sparknotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 1 (Audition)

Open Thread for September 22

By Emily WinterSeptember 22, 2010
Tree frog! Tree frog! TREEEEEEEEEEEEEE FRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWWGGGGG! Sorry, we just really love frogs. Thanks for the pic from your yard, potterlover19!... More  →
Open Thread for September 22

Build Your Catastrophe Kit!

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 21, 2010
Look, you know how high school is. At some point, everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong, all at once, and then some new things will get invented, just so that they can also go wrong. Your bumbling substitute physics teacher will accidentally... More  →
Build Your Catastrophe Kit!

It's Almost Here: Predictions for Season 2 of Glee

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 21, 2010
Starting tomorrow, hilarious new splogger Melissa Albert will be tackling the Season 2 Gleecaps. GET EXCITED.—Sparkitors For 15 long weeks, I've been polishing my tap shoes, avoiding spoilers, and waiting for an answer to the following burning questions: Now that they’re in “love,” will... More  →
It's Almost Here: Predictions for Season 2 of Glee

Pack a Healthier Lunch

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 21, 2010
Are you gearing up for a lean, mean basketball season? Or trying to squeeze into your freshman year jeans so you don’t have to waste cash on new clothes? Whatever the reason, getting healthy and eating right is awesome, and we applaud you for thinking... More  →
Pack a Healthier Lunch

How to Be Awesome: Meeting New People Edition

By ContributorSeptember 21, 2010
jgrudzy's in college now, so we're sure she's been meeting TONS of new people. And...tattooing them? —Sparkitors When you first meet people, there is the standard course of etiquette. Then there is the awesome course of etiquette. I feel it is important to distinguish... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Meeting New People Edition