Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: A Minor Liar's Teeny Fire

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 15, 2010
Lying to your mom is bad. But freezing out your lying kid is worse. —Sparkitors Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I've always been terrified of disappointing my parents. I try so hard to be the perfect child, be a good example to the little siblings, etc, etc. But I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Minor Liar's Teeny Fire

Five Reasons Despicable Me Rocks

By Rachel KorowitzJuly 15, 2010
I usually save all of my animation love for Pixar, but every now and then, I'm reminded that other studios can also do a butt-rocking job with feature-length cartoons. (See: The Emperor's New Groove. Awe. Some.) Right from the early moments of More  →
Five Reasons Despicable Me Rocks

How to Be Funny

By ContributorJuly 15, 2010
Coffinmaker is on vacation this week, and reading Wuthering Heights on vacation is impossible, especially when you're climbing Kilimanjaro, like we've decided he is. However, Coffin was able to carve this post in a rock and toss it through our window here in... More  →
How to Be Funny

The Ellie Report: How to Shake Up a Party

By ContributorJuly 15, 2010
This is the second installment of Ellielikespie's smashing new series, and we can't wait to see what comes next!— Sparkitors What do you think of when you hear the word “summer”? If you said “parties,” you're... More  →
The Ellie Report: How to Shake Up a Party

Open Thread for July 15

By Emily WinterJuly 15, 2010
Kiwiatheart says... I have King Quails among many birds in my avery and here is one of the mums and two of her chicks. They hatched yesterday, and now we have 8 of the most cutest chicks I have ever seen running... More  →
Open Thread for July 15

You Know You're a SparkAddict When...

By ContributorJuly 14, 2010
Sure, we've done a few posts on being addicted to SparkLife. But this one by kittysaysmrowww is just soooo good that we couldn't resist. Wait a minute...maybe we're addicted to addiction posts. Nah. Impossible. Now go fix us another Bam and Tonic, and stop... More  →
You Know You're a SparkAddict When...

How to Act If You're in a Horror Movie

We're laughing so hard at thisistoomuch10's post that we can't hear you scream. —Sparkitors You are now in a horror movie. Congratulations. Inevitably, you're in either a group of attractive teenagers, or a group of strangers ranging in age and ethnicity (for maximum consumer... More  →
How to Act If You're in a Horror Movie

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Jaws

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 14, 2010
These are the universal truths of the universe: 1. Pie tastes better the next day. 2. Broken glass is not a toy. 3. If two bodies are in thermal equilibrium with a third body, then the two bodies are in thermal equilibrium with each other. 4. Jaws is one of the greatest movies... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Jaws

You Know You're Obsessed with Dr. Who When...

lemmonberri, we have to tell you something: we've never seen this show. But after reading this post, we really want to check it out!— Sparkitor #1 I saw one episode, and it gave me nightmares! —Sparkitor #2 I recently saw the post ... More  →
You Know You're Obsessed with Dr. Who When...

A Day in the Life of a Student In Scotland

We think Sparkler Chirri is absolutely hilarious—and we really, really want to hear her Sean Connery impression.— Sparkitors

Okay, so I know what you’re thinking; haggis, bagpipes, kilts, sheep, tartan, and barely comprehensible accents. If this is... More  →

A Day in the Life of a Student In Scotland