Search Menu
Menu

Summer Books for Smarties

By ContributorJune 20, 2011
Ginger's summer reading list is less Nicholas Sparks, more Hawking and quarks. Sparkitors Question: How weird is it that I read less at 19 than I did at 13? Answer: So weird. Probable causes: time constraints due to work, and/or something that almost (but... More  →
Summer Books for Smarties

Auntie SparkNotes: Feelings! EWWWWWW!

By kat_rosenfieldJune 20, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm currently in a relationship with a great girl who I really like. In most respects it's brilliant. The problem is with the way we always share and discuss our problems. It might sound somewhat odd, but I wish we did it a lot... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Feelings! EWWWWWW!

Which Extracurriculars Will Impress Yale?

Laura (aka rosefan42) is a British Sparkler applying to college in the US. In this post, she asks for your help figuring out which extracurriculars will look best on her application. —Sparkitors Hello Sparklers. This post, much like Voldemort's soul comes to... More  →
Which Extracurriculars Will Impress Yale?

Lessons I've Learned from Crushes

By Ashley SpencerJune 20, 2011
Why do we call them “crushes”? Because they usually end up weighing upon your soul, “crushing” your very essence and turning your regular, normal life into a crazy world full of yearning and burning. In most cases, what you get from crush is not a... More  →
Lessons I've Learned from Crushes

Is Anyone Else Watching The Glee Project?

By Emily WinterJune 20, 2011
I was walking through Chelsea Market at 1:18 p.m. today to pick up my Pad Pak Vegetables WHEN. I SAW. EMILY AND MARISSA FROM THE GLEE PROJECT! Emily had her signature bright lipstick on, and Marissa had her cat eyes and flowing... More  →
Is Anyone Else Watching The Glee Project?

Railroad Towns=Not Exactly Paradise

aleyna22 just moved to a tiny new town—and she also seems to have transported to a new decade. Well, an old decade. A decade from the past? GAH. You get our point.—Sparkitors My darned laptop keeps setting the date to 1980, and... More  →
Railroad Towns=Not Exactly Paradise

How To Deal With an Obsessive Crush

Whales and jails and deep, crush-y tales, from WeDidntStartTheFire! —Sparkitors Everyone has crushes. Everyone, at one point in their life, will be physically attracted to something. These levels of attraction vary however. Usually, it’s an “Oh, you’d make a good mating specimen” type crush.... More  →
How To Deal With an Obsessive Crush

Sisterhood Everlasting

Lonks gives one of her highest ratings yet—and you might be surprised by the book that won her over!—Sparkitors Book #38: Sisterhood Everlasting Author: Ann Brashares Reason for Reading: I call The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books my... More  →
Sisterhood Everlasting

The Three-Day Crush

purpleabsofsteel may have an unfruitful habit of three-day crushes, but we think her current crush sounds promising! —Sparkitors In my life, I’ve had multiple crushes. These boys have been tall, short, fat, skinny, smart, stupid, and much more. Though each of these boys... More  →
The Three-Day Crush

Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg: The Best Bromance Ever

lucille-bluth has zeroed in on two of the cutest, funniest, most talented dudes in Hollywood. We are now officially rabid, hysterical Eisenfield fangirls.—Sparkitors The call to arms of sorts by SparkNotes and the article on bromances got... More  →
Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg: The Best Bromance Ever