Skip over navigation

10 Ways to Avoid a Bad Facebook Status

By ContributorApril 14, 2010
LadyGooGoo's nickname, sarcasm, and amazing advice are relevant beyond your teen years. Seriously, if our friends don't stop with the mushy status updates, we're getting off Facebook. Really. We will this time. —SparkNotes editors Is the “delete” or “backspace” button the most common button... More  →
10 Ways to Avoid a Bad Facebook Status

Dating 101

The following is Coral107's list of things to consider when asking someone out on a date, as well things to do when actually on said date. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors 1. Know the person you wanna ask out first. It's not that attractive when a... More  →
Dating 101

What's Your Senioritis Level?

LOL, Shirleney!!! You are soooooo right. —SparkNotes editors It's the last stretch of senior year. All your life, you've been working, slaving through seemingly pointless homework assignments (who needs to know what the derivative of ln(x) is anyway?), enduring shrill school bells and scary APs,... More  →
What's Your Senioritis Level?

What High School Choir's Really Like

If this ed had ever tried out for choir, she would have been sent home immediately. Thanks, raichuftw, for this inside info on what non-choir kids are missing! —SparkNotes editors Being in a high school choir is, in a word, awesome. It has its down... More  →
What High School Choir's Really Like

xXx_lola_xXx's Rules of Commenting

We think it's awesome that xXx_lola_xXx took the time to write about blog commenting manners. She's the Emily Post of SparkLife posts! —SparkNotes editors SparkLife is usually a healthy, safe, fun place to comment, but occasionally, things get out of hand. For that reason,... More  →
xXx_lola_xXx's Rules of Commenting

Awesome Thing of the Week

By NashApril 14, 2010
This week's video was sent by a mystery Sparkler 4doorsdown, and has everything you could ask for in a French animated short: action, romance and...calamari? Well, for our octopus heroes, we certainly hope not. Last week's Awesome Thing, this hilarious... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Ways To Salvage the Worst Day Ever

By Jon_SkindzierApril 14, 2010
Everyone has had some kind of Worst Day Ever, when the day progresses from "bad" to "a ridiculous farce wherein you are obviously someone's comic relief." You wake up determined to make the most of some dreary Tuesday, but before you know it you're sleepily... More  →
Ways To Salvage the Worst Day Ever

Teen Witch

The jig is up, imightbeawitch! We know now, you are a witch! —SparkNotes editors Whenever I say the word "witch," people think of warty hags flying on broomsticks who own black cats and cackle evilly as they stir a cauldron, or the Samantha Stevens... More  →
Teen Witch

The Quotable Love Cynic

1grobanite, don't give up on love, but also, don't stop making fun of it. —SparkNotes editors I was looking up quotes the other day—halfheartedly searching for some tidbit I could post onto my corkboard—when eventually I stumbled upon a collection of love-related quotations, which,... More  →
The Quotable Love Cynic

Open Thread for April 14

By Emily WinterApril 14, 2010
Glee was finally (!!!) back last night, but we'd forgotten about it until we got home from softball practice and saw our DVR aglow. We're guessing that some of you guys forgot, too, so can anyone tell us how/where Sparklers can catch up on last night's... More  →
Open Thread for April 14