Skip over navigation

It Might Not Be Good, But I Love It! Guilty Pleasure Bands

By Joe_LynchNovember 6, 2009
When someone uses Britney Spears as a punch line, do you say, “I know she’s not a genius, but you have to admit ‘Toxic’ is brilliant”? If someone disses disco, do you respond by extolling the virtues of “Dancing Queen,” despite... More  →
It Might Not Be Good, But I Love It! Guilty Pleasure Bands

Essay vs. Multiple Choice: Battle of the Exams

By Katie_RolnickNovember 6, 2009
By this point in the semester, your tests are probably starting to pile up like dirty laundry. Just when you think you're in the clear and have a few days to relax and focus on homework, you remember that your foreign language teacher... More  →
Essay vs. Multiple Choice: Battle of the Exams

Chris Listens: Cutting, Swimming, and Getting Over Stage Fright

By Chris_DikenNovember 6, 2009
Hello again. Right now you may be thinking, "Didn't we just do this whole question-listen-answer thing a couple of days ago?" Well, let me reassure you that your brain is not deceiving you. Your computer is not trying to pull the wool over your... More  →
Chris Listens: Cutting, Swimming, and Getting Over Stage Fright

The Friday Awards: Humiliating Moments Week!

By Emily WinterNovember 6, 2009
It's Frrrrriday, Sparklers, and you know what means: Much-needed hours of movie watching, french fry gobbling, and SparkLife reading are ahead of you. Phew! Even if you're reading this Sunday night, you still have something to look forward to—Dan Bergstein's Facebook chat next Thursday! RSVP and... More  →
The Friday Awards: Humiliating Moments Week!

How to Fail at Everything

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 6, 2009
Sparklers, you may not know this, but we're experts at failure. Below are some lessons we learned the hard way. How to Fail at Driving: While backing out of your driveway, calmly look into your rear view mirror and confirm that the coast is clear. Then... More  →
How to Fail at Everything

Auntie SparkNotes Will Teach You to Juggle Your Dates

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 6, 2009
This week's letter-writer thinks she can read my mind. Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So I have a love problem (nothing new for you this time). I have been having this fling type of thing with this guy. We have been really close and I like him a lot.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes Will Teach You to Juggle Your Dates

Awkward Turtle!

By ContributorNovember 6, 2009
If you don't know about Awkward Turtle, you're missing out. Luckily, Sparkler hannakathryn is here to explain! —SparkNotes Editors You walk up to your friends with a smile on your face and a bounce in your step. "Howdy y'all!" you chirp. You're in a... More  →
Awkward Turtle!

Fall Music Playlist

By ContributorNovember 6, 2009
Sparkler camip0p may live in Florida, but she certainly knows all about fall (and great music!). Hope you like her playlist as much as we do! —SparkNotes editors Fall is all about pumpkin pie, comfy sweaters, touches of nostalgia, and changing leaves. (Unless you... More  →
Fall Music Playlist

Is It Too Early for the Holidays?

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 5, 2009
Every year, stores seem to push their holiday merchandise earlier and earlier. We once joked about selling Christmas trees in September; now we must joke about selling them in August, and even that doesn't seem so far-fetched. This weekend, the new computer animated 3-D version... More  →
Is It Too Early for the Holidays?

Twilight Tie-Ins That Make Sense

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 5, 2009
There are just a few weeks left until the premier of New Moon, and all over the country, advertising executives are sitting in offices, racking their brains over the whole “Twilight” phenomenon. Ad Exec #1: Hey, I hear that kids these days are really into sparkly... More  →
Twilight Tie-Ins That Make Sense