Skip over navigation

How to Be Awesome: Hospital Edition

By Emily WinterAugust 10, 2010
Welcome back to jgrudzy's column How to Fail at Everything How to Be Awesome. Enjoy! —Sparkitors So you're at the hospital, waiting to get those stitches in your shin. You're surrounded by tons of people with medical degrees, and all the smartness... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Hospital Edition

A Sparkler's Favorite Fantasy Series, Part 2

By ContributorAugust 10, 2010
Thanks for all the great suggestions, aab19!—Sparkitors Almost everyone on SparkLife is an avid reader, but not everyone here is an avid fantasy reader! You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who loved fantasy books as... More  →
A Sparkler's Favorite Fantasy Series, Part 2

Writing for SparkLife FAQ

By Emily WinterAugust 10, 2010
Every week at the SparkLife headquarters, we receive between 11 and 76 red wheelbarrows full of emails about contributing to SparkLife. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions. I want to get a Sparkler post published on SparkLife! How do I do this? Write a... More  →
Writing for SparkLife FAQ

How to Get Rid of a Headache

By ContributorAugust 10, 2010
We think the best cure for headaches is new cute shoes, but xPurpleElephants has some other ideas. —Sparkitors It's summer, and life couldn’t get more relaxed. But suddenly, you feel something strange. Slightly nervous and very alert, you continue doing whatever it was you consider... More  →
How to Get Rid of a Headache

Open Thread for August 10

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 10, 2010
This picture, submitted by the lovely Drum_Minor, captures our greatest love in life: BAKED GOODS. WITH ICING. AND SPRINKLES. Excuse us while we sprint to the bakery (it's only 29 blocks away) and drop mad cash on thirty dozen cupcakes. SUGAR COMA, HERE... More  →
Open Thread for August 10

Blogging My Trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

By ContributorAugust 9, 2010
We're SO excited that you're giving us the inside scoop, FeatherySnidget! Everything sounds absolutely amazing!—Sparkitors The phrase "the happiest place on earth” is usually reserved for Disneyland, a private island, or a comfy chair with a laptop—or at least it was, until this... More  →
Blogging My Trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

The MaxVZ Chronicles: How To Solve Every Problem Ever

We think of MaxVZ's brain as a pit full of plastic black balls. Like most ball pits, it's tons of fun, unless you wade into the quicksand corner, or slip and suffocate under three feet of plastic. —Sparkitors Before I start, shout-outs to crazyfightingninja... More  →
The MaxVZ Chronicles: How To Solve Every Problem Ever

A Day in the Life of an Army Brat

NuttyDavey, your schedule is one of the toughest we've ever seen; if you can handle this, you can handle anything! —Sparkitors My day starts early and ends late, and I’ve made it my personal crusade to do it all! My school has eight class... More  →
A Day in the Life of an Army Brat

How to Make Your New Classmates Think You're Dangerous

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 9, 2010
Whether you're starting at a new school or trying to preempt another year's worth of unfortunate swirlie situations, there are benefits to convincing your peers and teachers that you are Bad News. Benefits like your own table at lunch and human footstools.... More  →
How to Make Your New Classmates Think You're Dangerous

QUIZINATOR: Draco Is 'Bout To Get SLAPPED

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2010
After finishing The Half-Blood Prince (for the 19th time), we feel a lot like Harry did at the end of the book: grief-stricken, heartbroken, and ready to RUMBLE. We want nothing more than to hunt down Draco, Voldemort, and Snape, punch all of them soundly... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Draco Is 'Bout To Get SLAPPED