Skip over navigation

Dagger University: The Honor is Mine

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 22, 2009
Dear Dagger, So I'm not a college student, but I'm a senior applying to college, and I need a little advice. I pretty much found my dream college last spring when I went around for college tours. Before applying or any of that, someone gave me... More  →
Dagger University: The Honor is Mine

What Your Stocking Says About You

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 22, 2009
This post is not just about Christmas. SparkLife is an equal opportunity entertainer. We are aware and joy-filled that our Sparklers hail from many traditions, corners of the world, and religious creeds. Hanging stockings is not about Christmas per se (don't... More  →
What Your Stocking Says About You

Auntie SparkNotes: Flirting with Everything in Pants

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 22, 2009
Hello Auntie, So I have this friend.  She is really nice and funny, and I love her to death, but lately I've been very worried about her.  She has been dating a lot of different guys, and usually just for a week or two before they... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Flirting with Everything in Pants

How to Drop the F-Bomb

By Kia WoodDecember 22, 2009
We’re not referring to the naughty word or the French University for Canadian Kings. The F-bomb we’re talking about is the nasty grade you may be anticipating at the end of the marking period. Now, we know most of you Sparklers are grade A students, but... More  →
How to Drop the F-Bomb

Sketchy Christmas Songs

By ContributorDecember 22, 2009
This is one of our favorite ideas for a Christmas post this year! Awesome job, iluvfacetouching! —SparkNotes editors Christmas songs have been playing since, hmm, October. And you have been singing along (admit it!). But, alas, underneath all of that Christmas cheer is dark,... More  →
Sketchy Christmas Songs

My Crush Is a Literary Character

By ContributorDecember 22, 2009
Sparklers have written about literary characters they'd love to meet, but a recent rash of posts about fictitious male crushes prompted wildegirl55 to add this post literary characters she'd love to date. Several Sparklers have commented that they'd like to read a post... More  →
My Crush Is a Literary Character

Doable New Year's Resolutions

By Robert IsenbergDecember 22, 2009
Typical New Year's resolutions look something like this: I'm going to lose 30 lbs. I'm going to stop drinking coffee. I'm going to save $10,000. They're not bad ideas. They're just unrealistic. Here are some resolutions you might consider instead—choices that are fun and totally doable: Go somewhere... More  →
Doable New Year's Resolutions

Catching a Cold for Christmas: A Survival Guide

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 21, 2009
Catching a Christmas Cold is like having your wisdom teeth extracted over summer vacation. It's just not fair. But with everyone smooching lips and shaking hands throughout this time of year, chances are good that you may get sick during your week of freedom.... More  →
Catching a Cold for Christmas: A Survival Guide

Hanging with Adults: A Survival Guide

By Joe_LynchDecember 21, 2009
Along with the many privileges granted to you in your teen years (driving!) come a few responsibilities that you might make you long for your toddler years. For example, when you were a kid, it was acceptable for you to play in a separate room... More  →
Hanging with Adults: A Survival Guide

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterDecember 21, 2009
Ask and you shall receive. ...Sometimes. Last week, Sparkler fall_out_chick mentioned she'd like to see a red panda as our featured Cute Thing, and we thought that was a fantastic idea. These guys are really adorable, from the way they lounge, to their cute... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week