Skip over navigation

The SparkNotes Scoop: Sweat, Spelunking, and Sparkitor Back Stories

By Chelsea DaggerMay 18, 2010
Ok, we lied. There won’t be any spelunking in this post. We just like saying the word, and we really dig that part in Batman Begins where Morgan Freeman stares at Christian Bale all like, "I KNOW you're not really using this magic, steel-enforced, polyurethane... More  →
The SparkNotes Scoop: Sweat, Spelunking, and Sparkitor Back Stories

Announcing the WINNERS* of the 2nd Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards!

By SparkLifeMay 18, 2010
Did you have a hard time picking your favorite yearbook awards finalists? We did. We hate choosing. We can't even decide what to have for lunch, much less which six smart, funny, amazing Sparklers deserve $500 and season passes to Six Flags. So today, we're... More  →

Open Thread for May 18

By Chelsea DaggerMay 18, 2010
I SCREAM. YOU SCREAM. WE ALL SCREAM. FOR ICE CREAM. Soccercam007 sent us this photo of the “Lumberjack” dessert from her favorite ice cream parlor. It’s got 5 scoops of deliciousness: snowflake, chocolate... More  →
Open Thread for May 18

The Dos and Don’ts of Working in the Cafeteria

By ContributorMay 17, 2010
Neomaxizoomdwbi has some great tips on working in the cafeteria. We are never, ever asking for char-grilled salmon fillet again. — SparkNotes editors Aaahh, the cafeteria: a paradise of unappetizing food, malicious gossip, and the occasional fistfight. Is there... More  →
The Dos and Don’ts of Working in the Cafeteria

How To Alienate People Like a Pro

We thought Sparkler Ellielikespie really liked us—until she started speaking in a Jamaican accent and staring at our zits all the time. — SparkNotes editors Need to ditch someone but don't have the heart to tell her to get lost? You've come to... More  →
How To Alienate People Like a Pro

Five Movie Genres You Should Never Watch Before Going On a First Date

By Rachel KorowitzMay 17, 2010
After weeks of banter and flexting, tonight’s your first squee!-it’s-a-real-date date. As you count down the hours to Cuddlefest 2010, a movie seems like a no-brainer. Watching your favorite DVD is the perfect pre-date activity; it's soothing…relaxing…calm-down-ing, right? Wrong! The flick you watch before your hangout... More  →
Five Movie Genres You Should Never Watch Before Going On a First Date

My Crush Is a Wrestler

straight_edge_society is going to get us in big trouble. We're pretty sure our boss saw us clicking the links below, and probably thinks we're just trolling the internet for hot bods all day. We're working, dude! Really! —Sparkitors I have to admit, I love... More  →
My Crush Is a Wrestler

The Hit List: B.o.B

Sparkler Pookfalicious has converted us: we're officially B.o.B fans, and we think you will be too. In fact, we dare you not to like him. Actually, we triple-dog-dare you. Whatcha gonna do now? —SparkNotes editors ... More  →
The Hit List: B.o.B

Last Chance to Vote for Your Favorites!

By EmmaMay 17, 2010
Urgent news: voting in the 2nd Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards ends at midnight EST. That means you have just a few hours to click frantically on your favorite nominees, sending them hurtling through cyberspace toward the glorious prize of $500 and two season passes... More  →
Last Chance to Vote for Your Favorites!

www.AmazingGossip.omg

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 17, 2010
Every couple of years, there is an alarming warning that the Internetz are about to run out of domain names. We won't get into the technical aspects of the issue (because we don't understand them), but we're told the current system only allows... More  →
www.AmazingGossip.omg