Skip over navigation

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterFebruary 19, 2010
Chin up, sad sacks! We don't want to make you cry because of the commenting explosion! The commenting explosion is a good problem; we'd rather have zillions of enthusiastic writers and readers than two dumbheads with nothing to say except, "my butt itches... More  →
The Friday Awards

How High School Choir Is Different from Glee

By ContributorFebruary 19, 2010
All we want to do is think about Glee, talk about Glee, and go on a date with Puck. Thanks, pastachelli, for helping us with two of the three. —SparkNotes editors I'm an avid fan of Fox's great new television show, Glee. But... More  →
How High School Choir Is Different from Glee

Snowed in Without Power

By ContributorFebruary 19, 2010
Glatisant, we beg you, please put your next flyting on YouTube and send us the link! —SparkNotes editors You know the scene: It’s the middle of winter, school’s been canceled until further notice, the power could go out any second, and there’s so much... More  →
Snowed in Without Power

Auntie SparkNotes: Hell-Threats and Toxic Friends

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 19, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, My friend is a religious psychomaniac jerk. She is unable to accept my religion, and ever since she learned it she has been dropping hints about how her religion can save me, and I need to love Jesus and whatnot. Obviously Christianity is... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Hell-Threats and Toxic Friends

The New Commenting Rules

By Emily WinterFebruary 19, 2010
The recent explosion of comments made us editors realize a few things: * If SparkLife were an actual room, it would be the size of a high school gym. A high school gym with 4,723,938 teenagers packed inside. * Can you smell that? That's the smell of... More  →
The New Commenting Rules

FIRST!!!!!!

By Kia WoodFebruary 19, 2010
Before we start, we just want to say… FIRST!!!! **violent and emphatic fist pumping** Today, we get to the bottom of "FIRST!" (AKA "BAM"). We understand why first is awesome—because duh, it means you're a trailblazer. First goes where no man has ever gone before, first... More  →
FIRST!!!!!!

Open Thread for February 19

By EmmaFebruary 19, 2010
This is home9310's dog, Lillie, wearing her Snuggie. There's really nothing to add, is there? This level of cuteness speaks for itself. Commence the Friday open thread!!!!!... More  →
Open Thread for February 19

Talking to a Friend After a Tragedy

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 18, 2010
When news hits that a classmate’s family member died, it’s shocking. Days later, when the student returns to school, you may not know what to say or do. Should you bring it up? Say nothing? Pretend to be this person’s best friend? A few years... More  →
Talking to a Friend After a Tragedy

Blogging Eclipse: Part 14

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 18, 2010
Chapter Fourteen: Declaration Better Title: Sleepy Jacob is Still Better Than Wide-Awake Edward Two chapters ago, Edward and Bella needed to skip school and meet with the other vampires because the trouble in Seattle was escalating too quickly. If they didn't act fast, more innocent people would... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 14

Just Who is this Sadie Hawkins Chick?

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 18, 2010
You’ve probably heard the name Sadie Hawkins throughout your entire life, and know it refers to the kind of dance girls ask boys to attend. Maybe you have a Sadie Hawkins/turnabout dance once a year—or perhaps you go to an all-girls school, which makes... More  →
Just Who is this Sadie Hawkins Chick?