Search Menu
Menu

The World Needs More Mermaids. (Yes, Mermaids.)

By ContributorJune 27, 2011
FaylinnNorse is president of the Mermaid Fan Club. She is also Vice President, and Treasurer. And Secretary General.—Sparkitors I'm writing order to bring up what I feel is a very important issue: mermaids. You're probably giving me weird looks right... More  →
The World Needs More Mermaids. (Yes, Mermaids.)

Why I'm Episcopalian and Proud of It!

CrazyWriter17 celebrates her religion, with a little help from her friend Robin Williams. –Sparkitors Religion is a tricky subject. All around me, more and more people are declaring themselves atheists. I can definitely see why: almost every day on TV, you can see some... More  →
Why I'm Episcopalian and Proud of It!

How to Tell a Good Band From a Bad One

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 27, 2011
So you're standing in the music aisle, staring at the brand new CD wrapped in shiny plastic. Scratch that. You're sitting at your laptop, staring at an image of the cover art to a digital album on iTunes. One question runs through your mind. Should... More  →
How to Tell a Good Band From a Bad One

How Not To Hate Your Siblings

TanTanTheLadiesMan brings his legendary wisdom to the sibling front.—Sparkitors If you've got brothers or sisters, I can pretty much guarantee that at one point, you've dropped to your knees, shaken your fists at the heavens, and screamed furiously into... More  →
How Not To Hate Your Siblings

Handling College Questions the Nonviolent Way

...And if these tips don't work, super_deluxe just flips down her shades and walks away. –Sparkitors "LIKE, WHAT COLLEGE DID YOU GET INTO? OH MY GAHHHHHD!" "Did you get into Stanford?" "Have you heard from Harvard yet?" "You're majoring in WHAT?!" These questions will plague you until September.... More  →
Handling College Questions the Nonviolent Way

An Apology to Dan Bergstein

geetargrl59 extends a metaphorical olive branch to Danny B—but can YOU forgive him?—Sparkitors I take it by the number of angry townspeople holding pitchforks and torches that the Sparkler community is not too happy with Dan's disapproval of... More  →
An Apology to Dan Bergstein

What Your Swimming Stroke Says About You

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 27, 2011
Us humans are not meant to spend long periods of time in large bodies of water: It is cold and wet and it gets hard to breathe, and other things with sharp teeth and gills that live there get upset at our presence. Yet during... More  →
What Your Swimming Stroke Says About You

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Lonks is 40% done with her goal of 100 books—and she's finally reviewing her first ZOMBIE novel!—Sparkitors Book #40: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War Author: Max Brooks Reason for Reading: My older brother gave me this book a couple weeks... More  →
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Open Thread for June 27

By SparkLifeJune 27, 2011
Hilarious Sparkler aleyna22 sent in this pic of her and her pal jazzyjuicebox94 in front of a very scary locker in their school. We feel a horror movie coming on.... More  →
Open Thread for June 27

Open Thread for June 26

By SparkLifeJune 26, 2011
What better way to end Crush Week than with AP-GAL-909's masterpiece? She says it represents "me and my crush if we actually got together—in a metaphorical sense, of course." Of course! :-)... More  →
Open Thread for June 26