Search Menu
Menu

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 11, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from Friday's post go to: Sparky007xxx69420666: I have an insatiable appetite for pizza, ice cream, ramen, kool aid, and SparkLife. as396: I have an insatiable desire for my overly loquacious and unnecessarily... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

One Year, 100 Books: Heaven Is For Real

By ContributorApril 11, 2011
Lonks tackles the difficult genre of Religious Non-Fiction and delivers an interesting review!—Sparkitors Book #23: Heaven is for Real Author: Todd Burpo Reason for Reading: My mom was reading it for her book club up at church and it looked really interesting. Quote: Now,... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Heaven Is For Real

Auntie SparkNotes: Scary Smart

By kat_rosenfieldApril 11, 2011
Dear Auntie, There's this guy in my english class, lets call him Christian. Christian used to talk to me a lot and then one day I went on some rant with (what I considered) moderate vocabulary. Immediately after, however, Christian looked at me with wide eyes... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Scary Smart

Life As A Seventh-day Adventist

An Anonymous Sparkler answers your questions about her denomination of Christianity. –Sparkitors Though it was great seeing all the feedback on Life as a Christian, I realized that the post didn’t fully reflect my particular denomination. So I decided to write this... More  →
Life As A Seventh-day Adventist

Holding On: Chapter 4

In the last chapter of willwriteforhearts' fantastic story, Alice was sprinting away from a mysterious figure...but who is he, and what does he want?—Sparkitors Okay. I’m okay now. It’s just… I’m okay now. Why’d I do that? My head whirs in response, searching... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 4

The Amazing Life of a Bando

Starkidette, we can't tell if you're talking about band or the members of an elite crime-fighting squad. Either way, we're taking up an instrument today! –Sparkitors Marching band. You know you’re a bando if 1. you walk in step, 2. you identify... More  →
The Amazing Life of a Bando

Open Thread for April 11

By Chelsea DaggerApril 11, 2011
We're totes disappointed that travelwriter21 didn't get transported to another universe when she stepped under this shrubbery. Can someone please discover a planet where sweat can be used as cold, hard cash? I'm not entirely sure what a "faery gate" is, but I'm relatively... More  →
Open Thread for April 11

Open Thread for April 10

By EmmaApril 10, 2011
This drawing came to us with no explanation and no username. We're mystified, and we like it. To puzzle your Sparkitors, send doodles to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for April 10

Open Thread for April 9

By EmmaApril 9, 2011
grace_return7 has a question for y'all: Sparklebutts, do you KNOW what this is? This is the piano found in Nashville, TN's RCA Studio B. What does that mean? Thousands of famous country artists have recorded there, and Elvis Presley himselfrecorded over half his greatest hits... More  →
Open Thread for April 9

How To Calm Down and Go To Sleep

By Rachel KorowitzApril 8, 2011
It's 11pm, but the tiny hamster that turns your brain-wheel just drank a double red eye. Since he's going for a land speed record, your mind is racing from topic to topic, and you're covering everything from sincere worries ("When can I start researching... More  →
How To Calm Down and Go To Sleep