Skip over navigation

Over It: 5 Signs You Need to Break Up with Your Friend

By Laura_WassonMay 26, 2009
Breaking up is hard enough, but breaking up with a friend? Now that's a whole other mess. You have years of history together (and the first grade pictures to prove it), way more than you'd have with an s.o.. But there's no rule that says... More  →

Auntie SparkNotes vs. Sam I Am

By kat_rosenfieldMay 22, 2009
This week, we heard from a letter-writer with a bonehead friend.

Auntie SparkNotes, I need advice. You see, I have this "friend". Note the quotation marks. Let's call the friend Sam. Sam is really annoying. Really, really annoying.

... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinMay 22, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Chapter Seven Not much happens here. Bella goes into the woods alone to... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 6

The Friday (No More Pain!) Awards

By Emily WinterMay 22, 2009
Dear Sparklers, Please stop hurting yourselves! I mean, what is going on out there?! Apparently Dan + Twilight = XTREME DANGER. SparkNotes is here to help you, Sparklers, not send you to the hospital. Alas… Top Three Twilight Blog-Related Injuries of the Week Number 3: Iamjoannayupi AHAHAHAHAHAH I AM... More  →

Bio Student Receives F in Class, Life

By kat_rosenfieldMay 22, 2009
Today, your SparkNotes editors spent a full twenty minutes staring blankly at our computer screen after reading this… interesting news report from Pittsburgh. From the AP article: “Pittsburgh police say a high school student is facing charges for using a biology class snake as a... More  →

Five End-of-the-Year Anthems to Help You Celebrate

By Chris_DikenMay 22, 2009
If you shade your eyes and squint, you can make it out in the distance: it’s a finish line, a metaphorical one, marking the end of another school year. In a few weeks (or days, if you're lucky), you'll cross it, and time will slow... More  →

Decoding the Dating Scene

By ContributorMay 22, 2009
This post comes from one of our super Sparklers, coday32, and goes out to all the Sparkler girls trying to navigate the dating scene. Enjoy!  —SparkNotes Editors This is my unofficial date guide for all girls wondering why their man was all over the thought of... More  →

Would You Date Someone for Their Looks?

By Laura_WassonMay 22, 2009
So, would you date someone for their looks? This is really a trick question. You know the answer that you're supposed to say is, no, of course not, personality is way more important! But, how many people actually feel that way? Would you be able... More  →

Bad Food for New Love

By Matt_HunzikerMay 22, 2009

Ideally, your boyfriend or girlfriend is someone around whom you can relax, be yourself, bask in the welcoming glow of their unconditional acceptance, etc. etc. In reality, though, it takes awhile to get to that point. Until then, you’ll probably want to be a

... More  →

'80s Summer Music Mix

By Joe_LynchMay 22, 2009
Indie music helps you focus while studying, R&B makes you hit the dance floor and punk/metal pumps you up. But for some reason no music says SUMMER VACATION like ’80s music. Here’s some ’80s summer classics and the situations they best complement. “Panama” by... More  →