Menu

Boy Hunt: Hockey is Hot

By ContributorMarch 18, 2011
Can you fall in love with someone who scoffs at your hot chocolate? Geeraff explains. —Sparkitors Boo-yah! Do you know what that is, folks? Hint: it’s the sound you should be making when you learn how many boys I talked to this week! We had a road hockey... More  →
Boy Hunt: Hockey is Hot

Would You Like $500? Enter the 3rd Annual Yearbook Awards for a Chance to Win!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 18, 2011
We're nearly bursting with excitement. Well, it's either excitement, or the three gallons of Sprite we guzzled at lunch. Do you want to know why we're about to pee our pants? Because! It's that time of year again, Sparklers—the Third Annual SparkNotes Yearbook... More  →
Would You Like $500? Enter the 3rd Annual Yearbook Awards for a Chance to Win!

Breaking News: Hunger Games Casting Announced!

By Miss MarmMarch 18, 2011
YOU GUYS! Guess who's gonna play Katniss in the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games? 19-year-old Jennifer Lawrence, stone-cold fox and star of Winter's Bone (which you should see, if you haven't already—it's amazing, and Lawrence's performance in it gives me full confidence that she'll nail... More  →
Breaking News: Hunger Games Casting Announced!

The Hit List: The Strokes

angelicangel360 has incredible taste in music; we love all the groups she lists in her opening sentence!—Sparkitors Imagine a world without the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Killers, Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, and Franz Ferdinand. If you would... More  →
The Hit List: The Strokes

You Know You're from New York City When...

Come visit us, tiglerie! —Sparkitors New York City is (arguably) the capital of the world and home to a barrage of arrogant rap stars with egos the size of a computer manual. It's where all self-respecting 1920s gangsters were born (before they moved to... More  →
You Know You're from New York City When...

An Interview with Writer Cynthia Hand

By Miss MarmMarch 18, 2011
I love Cynthia Hand's thoughts about teaching writing, and her advice for aspiring novelists. For more info on books in the series, check out Dark Days on FB! —Miss Marm When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I've always been... More  →
An Interview with Writer Cynthia Hand

How to Turn Your Life into a Novel

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 18, 2011
C'mon, admit it. Your life would be way cooler if you were Harry Potter, Katniss, Lizzy Bennet, or even that Milo kid from the Phantom Tollbooth. Sure, some not-so-fun stuff happened to them (Harry and Katniss almost died, Lizzy had to deal with her mother,... More  →
How to Turn Your Life into a Novel

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 39 (The End!)

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Happily Ever After Better Title: Can I Be Done Now? And lo, the horror of night is broken as morning's sun silently rescues the world from the dark. I made it through the end. I did it. And I could not have done it... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 39 (The End!)

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Evasive Maneuvers Are The Best Maneuvers

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 18, 2011
Great googily moogily: it appears you sly foxes are positively ACES at extracting yourself from bad dates! Chelsea Dagger really could have used these strategies last week, when she went on a date with a fellow who A: didn't believe that Harry Potter really existed... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Evasive Maneuvers Are The Best Maneuvers

My Advice for Justin Bieber

sparkles9513 wants to help Justin Bieber with his image, then maybe just touch his hair for a little while. –Sparkitors Justin Bieber. Two words that, if screamed loud enough while pointing in a random direction, will cause girls everywhere to either 1) Scream, 2)... More  →
My Advice for Justin Bieber