Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part We've Lost Count: Rejection 101

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 14, 2010
Welcome back, Sparklers, to the penultimate installment of our flirting guide. It's been a fun couple of weeks, and we're nearing the end; tomorrow I'll wrap up by answering a few questions that have come up in the process, and then, I sincerely hope you'll... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part We've Lost Count: Rejection 101

Stuff that Should Happen in 2010

By ContributorJanuary 14, 2010
This is MaggieGirl2013's very funny 2010 wish list. We had to leave off one of her wishes, that Pixar would buy Disney, because Disney actually bought Pixar back in 06! The other stuff, though, is totally coming true. —SparkNotes editors These are the... More  →
Stuff that Should Happen in 2010

Of Broken Thumbs and Appreciation

By Nate DernJanuary 14, 2010
Sometimes it isn’t until something is gone that we truly appreciate how much it meant to us. This tragic irony was made painfully clear to me two weeks ago when, after getting my thumb accidentally smashed in a heavy door by an extremely apologetic friend,... More  →
Of Broken Thumbs and Appreciation

A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Guy

By ContributorJanuary 14, 2010
Sparkler truballin goes to a co-ed Catholic school, but unlike Sparkler KoontzRocks, it doesn't seem like he does much praying... —SparkNotes editors I just recently read synchrogirl117’s post about her average day at... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Guy

Blogging Eclipse: Part 9

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 14, 2010
Chapter Nine: Target Better Title: Edward and Jacob are BFFs Not much happened in the first 196 pages of this book, as Bella bounced back and forth between Edward and Jacob like some sort of whiny, unhappy tennis ball. So imagine my surprise when Stephenie Meyer unleashes... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 9

Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, For Everyone!: Topics of Conversation

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 13, 2010
After two weeks of non-stop flirting, we're finally nearing the end of our guide to eyeballing, engaging, and ensnaring members of the opposite sex—and it's a good thing, too, because Auntie SparkNotes is starting to feel a little odd about the “research.” (If I keep... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, For Everyone!: Topics of Conversation

Take Your Fictional Love Public

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2010
Fictional love has been a theme on SparkLife ever since this post popped up. Now, iluvfacetouching tells us how to handle these not-so-real relationships. —SparkNotes editors Those who don’t understand fictional crushes think it's insane to be obsessed with characters who aren't... More  →
Take Your Fictional Love Public

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 13, 2010
Okay, we must first address Store Wars, last week's Awesome Thing, because there were so many 10s in the comments that we seriously thought Cuke Skywalker was gonna pop the top off The Scale of Awesomeness. And he almost did. Store Wars, brought... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Your Friend, the Quote Machine

By EmmaJanuary 13, 2010
You know your friend Josh, the one who compulsively quotes stuff? The one who, in the past week alone, has said: * "I still can't believe Tia dumped me. 'Why does love always feel like a battlefield'?" * "'In-a my country, they would go crazy for these... More  →
Your Friend, the Quote Machine

A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Girl

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2010
Sparkler KoontzRocks was inspired by the recent post A Day in the Life of a Public School Kid, and wrote her own tale of life at an all-girls school. Enjoy! —Sparknotes editors 6:45 a.m. Owl City blares out of my... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Girl