Skip over navigation

Mantras of a Sophomore

By ContributorMarch 26, 2010
We want LondonCallsMe to stand over our shoulders and whisper awesome stuff in our ear when we get stressed out! —SparkNotes editors Well, Sparklers, it's March. We can almost see the bright light of June approaching, but it's still...so...far...away. If you're anything like me,... More  →
Mantras of a Sophomore

25 SparkNotes Fortunes

By Kia WoodMarch 26, 2010
Some fortunes are brilliantly reflective; others are downright weird. We’d like to imagine there’s a wise old Tibetan monk scripting those tiny slips of paper, but more likely it's some bored college kid thinking up nonsense while picking his nose. That said, if he can... More  →
25 SparkNotes Fortunes

The Quotable Family Vacation

By Robert IsenbergMarch 26, 2010
Day 1 "All right, kids, who's ready for the beach?" "It's only a three-hour drive." "I thought we were leaving the dog at your sister's house." "Mom! She kicked me in the gallbladder! Look, look! She kicked me again!" "I thought I told you to use the bathroom before we left." "What... More  →
The Quotable Family Vacation

Introducing hipSTAR School Supplies

By Ashley SpencerMarch 26, 2010
In our parents' day, it was hip to be square. Now, it's just hip to be hipster. It’s cool to be an independent thinker, it's cool to like Animal Collective, and it’s cool to wear skinny jeans and huge nerdy glasses. To some people, being cool... More  →
Introducing hipSTAR School Supplies

Auntie SparkNotes: Your Pain Is SOOOO Annoying

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 26, 2010
Hey Auntie, I've been having this problem with a friend who I'll call TK, he used to be odd but a really nice person who I actually enjoyed hanging out with. But recently he's changed a lot, he's become moodier and he's acting out just to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Your Pain Is SOOOO Annoying

Open Thread for March 26

By EmmaMarch 26, 2010
Every time we think Dan can't get any more brilliant, he goes and writes a post like this. Our favorite part: "My rap name would be Phalcon. Or maybe just Dan. I would rap about dinosaurs, jetpacks, and Japan. And I would wear lots of gold, but... More  →
Open Thread for March 26

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom, Part 6: Dates, The Aftermath

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 25, 2010
Hey, Sparklers! Before we move on to the final leg of the Prom Guide, take note: As a follow-up, I'll be doing a Facebook chat next week to give LIVE ADVICE on all things prom-related! (Or anything else you want to ask about. I'm not... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom, Part 6: Dates, The Aftermath

Blogging Eclipse: Part 19

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 25, 2010
Chapter Nineteen: Selfish Better Title: Whatever Baby Wants, Baby Gets Not much happens in this chapter. So, instead of a traditional blog, I present to you this summary of events in poem form. Enjoy. T'was late in the morn' when Bella awoke. She had slept in real late, and... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 19

The 2nd Annual Yearbook Awards Are Here!

By EmmaMarch 25, 2010
When this editor was in high school, she won Best Actress. It was thrilling—but her joy was mixed with pain. You see, her mother won Best Rear View (aka Best Butt) when she was a senior. And her little sister won the very same superlative when... More  →
The 2nd Annual Yearbook Awards Are Here!

It's Not Worth Fighting Over

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 25, 2010
In some arguments, everyone loses. Certain topics and situations always lead to both parties storming off and slamming the door. Life is too short. Save yourself some time, take a deep breath, and when confronted with one of the following debates, simply walk away. 1. Monopoly Board... More  →
It's Not Worth Fighting Over