Skip over navigation

Olympic Highlights, Part 3

By ContributorFebruary 22, 2010
Sparkler equestrienne10 says hockey coverage will appear in Wednesday's edition of her highlights series. Thanks again for all this great info, equestrienne10! —SparkNotes editors It’s been a busy weekend in Vancouver—new records, new controversies, and a new gold for Harry... More  →
Olympic Highlights, Part 3

How (Not) to Get a Post Published on SparkLife

MaggieGirl2013 thinks we can be bought! For the record, we do not accept bribes (unless they come in the form of cheese). —SparkNotes editors Ah, SparkLife: the place where nerds like me come to worship, pray, and live. One day, you read something Dan Bergstein... More  →
How (Not) to Get a Post Published on SparkLife

Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Prom Date

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 22, 2010
Note: Due to a computer-related disaster, Auntie is not able to draw a cartoon today (did you know she's the advice-giver AND the artist?? Amazing, no?). Instead, here is picture of her dog wearing a pair of Lolita sunglasses. Normal cartooning will resume soon. Dear Auntie... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Prom Date

Chris Listens: The Ears Rest

By Chris_DikenFebruary 22, 2010
You may have noticed that I’ve been rather scarce around these parts lately. And I apologize for that—I didn’t mean to leave you hanging! The thing is, I’ve been dealing with, you know, stuff. Stuff that would actually make pretty good fodder for Chris Listens: family... More  →
Chris Listens: The Ears Rest

Fashion Trends that Need to Die

Sparkler iplayharp makes some pretty convincing arguments in this fashion post. *nervously hides harem pants under hot pink and brown shoulder pads* —SparkNotes editors Maybe it’s just me, but modern fashion makes absolutely NO sense at all. Look in any issue of Vogue or... More  →
Fashion Trends that Need to Die

40 Triumphant Nicknames for People with Glasses

By Nate DernFebruary 22, 2010
The ancient martial art of Ju Jitsu is based on using your opponent’s momentum against him/her. Well, my bespectacled brothers and sisters: the same technique works when it comes to insults. If someone slings a "four eyes" your way, take it and make it into something... More  →
40 Triumphant Nicknames for People with Glasses

Super Soakers, and Other Amazing Inventions

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 22, 2010
Last week, in honor of Black History Month here in the U.S. of A., Super Spark Writer Kat posted about George Washington Carver, a.k.a Mr. Peanut. If it weren't for him, your Chick-fil-a waffle fries would be cooked in... More  →
Super Soakers, and Other Amazing Inventions

5 Things More Dangerous than Laptops in the Classroom

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 22, 2010
Have you seen this video? For the first minute or so, we thought: Neat. He’s doing science! But the clip ends with the nutty, angry professor yelling that laptops are forbidden in his classroom. And then there's this guy, who really... More  →
5 Things More Dangerous than Laptops in the Classroom

Open Thread for February 22

By Emily WinterFebruary 22, 2010
Does anyone else have a case of The Mondays? We could use another day to lie on the couch and watch 30 Rock, Oscar noms, and the amazing US hockey team. (Wow, we were really glued to the TV this weekend.) On second... More  →
Open Thread for February 22

Open Thread for February 21

By EmmaFebruary 21, 2010
We love the Olympics. But we have a major problem with them: not NEARLY enough Johnny Weir. Okay, so his event is over. Does that mean he has to disappear from our lives? Can't he comment on the ice dancing, or weigh in with fashion tips... More  →
Open Thread for February 21