Search Menu
Menu

The History of Rock (Part Two)

By ContributorSeptember 20, 2011
Luna_22 is going to school you on rock, even if she has to rock and roll all night to get it done. –Sparkitors Some people say that I have a mild obsession with rock. I disagree. I don’t just listen to it—that would be... More  →
The History of Rock (Part Two)

Open Thread for September 20

By SparkLifeSeptember 20, 2011
cookie-lovingBabaYaga sent us the most epic present ever: Dear Sparkitors, I would like to present my poster "Sparknotes is amazing!", which I made sometime ago. It still hangs proudly on my wall, as you can see in the second picture. (Yes, it's self advertisement of... More  →
Open Thread for September 20

Chicken Soup for the Sore Throat

By ShivSeptember 19, 2011
In the grand scheme of things, getting sick is not so bad, but in the grand scheme of college, getting sick during your third week of school sucks hard. I missed a full week of classes because of a gnarly case of strep throat and... More  →
Chicken Soup for the Sore Throat

The Illustrated Guide to Stain-Hiding

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 19, 2011
Egad! Well, now you've done it, butterfingers: a slip of the fork, a twitch of the hand, and you've spilled something saucy, slimy, or otherwise stain-inducing all over your new fall wardrobe. But before you start crying and stripping off your clothes in an effort to hide th More  →
The Illustrated Guide to Stain-Hiding

A Tour of SparkLife Academy!

By ContributorSeptember 19, 2011
DeadlyBeauty kicks off SparkLife Academy Week with this fabulous tour. —Sparkitors So you’re new at SparkLife academy? Let me show you around! Here are the classrooms—you’ll notice they all have lots of posters on the walls; some of them are quotes from... More  →
A Tour of SparkLife Academy!

Dancing and the Death Sentence (with Dr. Who)

TheaterAddict is almost done with the first season of Doctor Who! —Sparkitors

Episode Ten: The Doctor Dances

The Doctor is in the same scene as he was in episode nine, with the Gasmask children creeping up on him begging for their... More  →
Dancing and the Death Sentence (with Dr. Who)

Comedians Are as Hot as Oatmeal That Is On FIRE

TanTan knows the secret to winning your crush's heart: make 'em laugh.—Sparkitors Why did the super-attractive lady cross the road? Because the guy on the other side was hilarious! HAHAHA. See what I did there? I made a funny about how girls... More  →
Comedians Are as Hot as Oatmeal That Is On FIRE

The 5 Stages of Grade Grief

Sometimes in life, you don't get straight A's. By “you,” I absolutely don't mean “me.” I always get straight A's. Anyway, these are the five stages you pass through when you get, say, a 63% on your Intro to Physics problem set. Denial: You think, "I'm... More  →
The 5 Stages of Grade Grief

How to Wear Short Shorts (Even In Fall)

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 19, 2011
I am not a natural-born fashionista. Sometimes when I come out of my room, my roommate just points back in the direction of my closet. So the whole idea of layering and mixing textures and fabrics kind of makes me break into a peanut butter sweat. But layering is key to tran More  →
How to Wear Short Shorts (Even in Fall)

Auntie SparkNotes: None Of Your Affair

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 19, 2011
Dear Auntie, For the past few years I have been suspicious that my dad has been cheating on my mom. My suspicions were aroused due to his increased texting all the time, while we were at dinner, in the car, on a plane, watching tv, etc.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: None Of Your Affair