Skip over navigation

Can You Hear Summer Coming?

By ContributorMay 18, 2009
Here at SparkNotes, we’ve been mining for rockstar Sparklers, real readers with so much music knowledge that awesome playlists are coming out of their... butterknives. The following submission is from Sparkler Iamjoannayupi. Enjoy!  -SparkNotes Editors You have been waiting for almost nine months. Maybe you have been... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinMay 15, 2009
SparkLife contributor Dan Bergstein is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Catch up on the first installments here. Chapter Five At lunch, Edward stares at Bella in the cafeteria and beckons her over to sit with him. They talk for a bit. She describes his eyes... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 4

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterMay 15, 2009
Formerly known as Comments We Lurve/Love/Really, Really Like but are Afraid to Commit to, our Friday feature is now THE FRIDAY AWARDS. Why? Because awards are shiny and pretty and make me feel better about myself. Because we've expanded our scope to cover... More  →

Five Recent Music Videos That Don't Suck

By Chris_DikenMay 15, 2009
The death knell for the music video has been sounded many times--we at SparkNotes have even given it a vigorous ringing in our more cynical moments. Blame typically is heaped on MTV, whose once-video-heavy lineup has devolved into a hot mess of reality... More  →

Five Bands to Check Out Before You Head to College

By Joe_LynchMay 15, 2009
Music is easily one of the most consistently satisfying parts of life. And for better or worse it’s also one of those things people use as a form of social currency, as a way to work your way into a group of people or impress... More  →

Not So Fast, Seniors--Things You Don't Know You'll Miss About High School

By Jeff_AlexanderMay 14, 2009
It's the time of year when we're approaching the peak of an annual pandemic: Senioritis is sweeping the land. As you know, the only cure is graduation, but we at SparkNotes have the perfect balm to soothe the symptoms: A healthy reminder of some of the things you think you... More  →

Mortification Station

By ContributorMay 14, 2009
Meet super Sparkler AllisonJY, one of our regular student writers who fesses up to some mortifying moments! Enjoy!   -SparkNotes Editors Embarrassment. That's the key word that governs my life. I swear, someone up there hates me. It all began when I was six. I was at the... More  →

Thou Shalt Not Hit Upon Someone Else's Prom Date (and Other Commandments from Auntie SparkNotes)

By kat_rosenfieldMay 14, 2009
This week, our advice-seeker was all about prom.

Okay, so I have a huge crush on this boy. I have known him my whole life and when we were kids, like about 8 or 9, he really liked me. He was always trying to

... More  →

Blogging Twilight: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinMay 14, 2009
Dan Bergstein, SparkLife contributor extraordinaire, is reading Twilight and blogging about it. Need to read the first installments? Catch up here. Chapter Four Bella dreams she is trying to catch up with her dream boy, but can't. For the record, I hate dream... More  →
Blogging Twilight: Part 3

The Last LOST Post of 2009

By Dan_BergsteinMay 14, 2009
We'll have to wait until next year to find out what happens next, but the season finale of LOST offered a bunch of answers to our most burning questions, such as... (warning: spoilers ahead!) Q: What the heck happened to Rose and Bernard? A: Nothing. They're just... More  →