Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for May 22

By EmmaMay 22, 2011
We survived the end of the world! What better way to celebrate than with... ...a Doctor Who marathon hosted by prettylittlewriter, who made these vegan TARDIS cookies for the occasion?! Celebrate the non-end of the world: send us your happy pics! contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for May 22

Open Thread for May 21

By EmmaMay 21, 2011
So, what are you up to on the last day of the world? We're painting our nails, watching Supernanny reruns, and then waving our pink Converse in the air like we simply do not care—just like thesonofrage. Have a great Saturday, kittens! We want... More  →
Open Thread for May 21

How to Make Manfriends

By kat_rosenfieldMay 20, 2011
Hey Kat, This probably isn't normal but I'm a guy and I have no guy friends. I'm a college freshman, I work best studying on my own, and I'm too busy with school, volunteering, and work to join a club. Therefore, most guys I meet tend... More  →
How to Make Manfriends

10 Reasons I Love My BFF

By ContributorMay 20, 2011
kitscard's list warms our hearts on this sad gray day. —Sparkitors I really, really love my best friend. She is all you could ask for. Here are some reasons why I love her so damn much: 1. She’s ALWAYS there when I need her. 2. We... More  →
10 Reasons I Love My BFF

Why You Shouldn't Hate Fangirls

SeptembreRea is basically the Jonathan Swift of our day. —Sparkitors Fangirls get a lot of hate out there, but I, for one, appreciate them! When one is luxuriating in the lovely sound of a favorite band at an exclusive, posh concert, what distraction... More  →
Why You Shouldn't Hate Fangirls

Why I Appreciate My Life!

Lasting.silhouette's post is short and touching. —Sparkitors My initials are MLK. Ever since I was little I’ve come to believe that sharing initials with such a meaningful and respected revolutionary, Martin Luther King Jr., meant that I was going to do something great. And... More  →
 Why I Appreciate My Life!

Music Is the Bomb.com

thevoicesareback has noticed a key gap in our appreciation days. Thanks for keeping us honest, voices! —Sparkitors Que pasa querida sparklefaces? So I've read a lot of the Appreciation Day posts and I just have one thing to say. How. Could. You? OK, maybe that's more like... More  →
Music Is the Bomb.com

Auntie SparkNotes: Post-Dump Dating

Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I've run into a bit of a dilemma in my love life. I broke up with my boyfriend (now ex) about two months ago, and we we dated for a relatively long time...around five months. We were really close and serious about it,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Post-Dump Dating

You Know You're From Delhi When...

sahp123, we love your complex take on where you come from. And we'll be dreaming of Banoffee pie all weekend! –Sparkitors You Know You’re From Delhi When… you’re dressed like an Eskimo three months a year, sweat enough to replenish the Yamuna five months a... More  →
You Know You're From Delhi When...

Rain, Rain, Go (and STAY) Away

First, the bad news: I accidentally cut my feet out of these pictures. Oops! But, it's okay! Because the good news is, I was actually wearing the same exact shoes that I had on in the last post. (Yeah, yeah, it's boring—but considering... More  →
Rain, Rain, Go (and STAY) Away