Skip over navigation

A N00b's Disney Adventure, Part 2: Mulan

By ContributorMarch 25, 2010
Our resident Disney neophyte, flunkybed, is back, and funnier than ever. —SparkNotes editors First off, I just have to say that Mulan is the most kickass Disney heroine ever. In fact, she's high up on the list of Most Awesome People Ever In The... More  →
A N00b's Disney Adventure, Part 2: Mulan

Auntie SparkNotes: Squeaking and Shrieking

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 25, 2010
Don't forget: Auntie can now be found (and friended!) on Facebook. Dear Auntie SparkNotes, So, there's this guy that I really like (like really really, head over heels kind-of like). And I'm pretty sure he likes me back (glances at me, smiles at me, asks me... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Squeaking and Shrieking

Painful Fashion Statements

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 25, 2010
We know that the headline probably made you think, "Eww, goofy shoulder pads and shirts with wolves on them!" And sure, you're right, but we're thinking more along the lines of "stuff that breaks your bones" and "substances that melt your face." Yes, today's fashion... More  →
Painful Fashion Statements

Open Thread for March 25

By Emily WinterMarch 25, 2010
We're pretty much obsessed with this ador-larious computer drawing by MissLovegood, which she did in the style of Auntie SparkNotes. And since we're on the subject of Our Lady of the Lobsters, this is a great place to announce that she'll be... More  →
Open Thread for March 25

How to Win a Staring Contest

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 24, 2010
Like chess, staring contests are easy to play, but difficult to master. Oh, sure, it sounds simple: just keep your eyes open and locked onto your opponent’s peepers. But there is a strategy, folks. After spending our college days making pizza money on the underground... More  →
How to Win a Staring Contest

I Am Obsessed with The Little Mermaid

By ContributorMarch 24, 2010
We hope this post's author, Sparkler LyndsLove, sends in a pic of her amazing tutu for the open thread! —SparkNotes editors Remember when flunkybed wrote More  →
I Am Obsessed with The Little Mermaid

A Day in the Life of a Humanities Magnet Program Student

There are some serious bullies at your school,  sixtiesforever! Let's get Dan and Auntie to show 'em who's boss. —SparkNotes editors I attend a "Humanities magnet program," which is basically a program in a regular public middle school for "highly gifted students who... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Humanities Magnet Program Student

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 24, 2010
We like this week's Awesome Thing because we happen to be musically-challenged. We tried playing in a band for a while, but we were BAD. Awful! Gag-inducingly horrible! It would have been so much better if we could have just played the drums with our... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: Run Away!

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 24, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, My friend has recently begun to date a boy that I have always though to be a complete gentlemen. However, I am beginning to think that their relationship might be getting overly obsessive and controlling. They spend ever minute together, in the morning... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Run Away!

The People You Meet in Drivers Ed

Driver's ed isn't just a place for memorizing roadsigns and mastering signals. It's also a People Zoo. The observant and witty GoingBananas explains. Sparknotes editors You really shouldn’t label people before you get to know them, but how can you... More  →
The People You Meet in Drivers Ed