Menu

Birthday Months—Best to Worst

By Lucy HutchinsonMarch 14, 2011
Not all months are created equal. Some birth months will be a constant hindrance to your life, others will actually prevent hair loss and help you get into a better college. You're pretty much stuck with whichever month you were born in, but in case... More  →
Birthday Months—Best to Worst

My French Adventure: No School and New Friends

By ContributorMarch 14, 2011
LadyM is on winter break, which means she's got plenty of spare time for awkwardness, Parisian-style!—Sparkitors Fossette is partying it up in China, and Flux is partying it up at work (she's an accountant, and I have a theory that accountants lead very exciting... More  →
My French Adventure: No School and New Friends

You Know You're from Edinburgh When...

also_anonymous, are you saying you know J.K. Rowling?! —Sparkitors Edinburgh, Scotland, is fairly well-known. But how do you know if you really know Edinburgh? Well, you know you're from Edinburgh when... People run your country from inside The Hairdryer ... More  →
You Know You're from Edinburgh When...

Surviving the Earthquake in Japan

Naturally_Flavored gives us a riveting account of the terrible disaster in Japan; our thoughts are with all those who were affected!—Sparkitors If you've been paying attention to the news, you've probably heard about the devastating earthquake that... More  →
Surviving the Earthquake in Japan

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 14, 2011
It has been officially decided (by me) to have a week of musical education, brought to you by CaptainAbbey. The week's lessons begin with this introduction to an obscure British band, called the Band of Skulls. And no, it is not a screamo... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 14, 2011
Today's video was sent in by i'm_a_walking_contradiction (whose username I love) and IT IS ADORABLE. There is a baby! And he is laughing! It's so cute I'm going to barf unicorns and glitter hair... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for March 14

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 14, 2011
We're completely exhausted from a long weekend of cribbage and catching our own sweat in buckets, so we're going to let BonnieBellez do all the explicatin': We had an assignment in school last semester where we were told to draw our best rendition of... More  →
Open Thread for March 14

Open Thread for March 13

By EmmaMarch 13, 2011
My sister's horse is huge, and has massive feet to go with her hugeness. She just got her shoes pulled today, and these are her shoes. Around the thighs of my sister and her friend. Amazing, no? -whimsicallady We don't know what's more amazing: the... More  →
Open Thread for March 13

Open Thread for March 12

By EmmaMarch 12, 2011
Where did kaity_ellen get this pro black background? We're jealous! I was playing with legos with my little sister and we were building our names. so i decided to spell SPARKLIFE. the girl lego person is none other than Chelsea Dagger, (by the way,... More  →
Open Thread for March 12

Auntie SparkNotes: No-Touch Romance

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 11, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, Like a lot of girls, I've always dreamed of the perfect boyfriend. You know, the kind that you hold hands with and get kissed on the forehead by and cuddle with when it's negative over-nine-thousand degrees outside. A month ago, my best guy... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No-Touch Romance