Skip over navigation

50 Things That Should Not Exist: Sparkler School Edition

By ContributorOctober 30, 2009
Sparkler yasna18 was inspired by Dan Bergstein's post 50 Things That Should Not Exist, and has created her own school edition. We give her snaps for coming up with such a long list!  —SparkNotes editors 1.     Schools that start before 8.30 a.m. 2.    ... More  →
50 Things That Should Not Exist: Sparkler School Edition

Premiere Protocol: What to Do at the Opening of New Moon

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 30, 2009
Sparklers, prepare yourselves: November 20th is The Day of Reckoning. On this otherwise quiet Friday, New Moon, the latest installment of the Twilight saga, will explode into theaters with a blaze of scowls, whininess, and uber-intense face-touching. Since this will almost certainly be the... More  →
Premiere Protocol: What to Do at the Opening of New Moon

“Tweet or I'll Eat My Cat!” (and Other Bad Arguments for Getting Your Way)

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 30, 2009
If you've ever tried to convince your parents to let you do something verboten— say, staying out past curfew, or procrastinating on your English paper, or illegally breeding pygmy elephants in a petri dish under your bed —you probably know all about the Tools of... More  →
“Tweet or I'll Eat My Cat!” (and Other Bad Arguments for Getting Your Way)

Auntie SparkNotes: Zero Is the Loneliest Number of Friends

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 30, 2009
This week's letter comes all the way from South Africa, land of awesome accents and lonely home-schoolers. Dear Auntie Sparknotes: Okay, I'm hoping you can help me out with some advice here, even though there probably is no hope. I'm originally from South Africa, but we lived... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Zero Is the Loneliest Number of Friends

Black Knights and Bananas: 40 Years of Monty Python

By ContributorOctober 29, 2009
Sparkler CoffinMaker has converted us. We're downloading Life of Brian now! —SparkNotes editors For those who don't know, Monty Python was a group of five British actors and one American animator that blew up penguins on top of the world's television sets from... More  →
Black Knights and Bananas: 40 Years of Monty Python

Things That Annoy Me About Other Girls

By ContributorOctober 29, 2009
Sparkler thereal_Ang told us she was Writing While Grumpy, a dangerous activity indeed, and that's how this post was born. It's a list of everything that bothers her about other girls. We have a feeling many Sparklers feel the same way, so we'll... More  →
Things That Annoy Me About Other Girls

What Do You Think of Video SparkNotes?

By Emily WinterOctober 29, 2009
Hey Sparklers, On Wednesday, we officially launched our first-ever Video SparkNote, on our site and on our YouTube channel. It's for George Orwell's 1984. As of today, it's the only Video SparkNote that exists in the world, and the Video SparkNote isn't the... More  →
What Do You Think of Video SparkNotes?

Topics of Conversation for the Slow Dance

By laura_buchholzOctober 29, 2009
Many of you are going (or have gone) to Homecoming with that Special Person, the Love of your Life, the person who makes your heart turn inside out and float around somewhere just out of reach of your body. That’s cool. And some of you are... More  →
Topics of Conversation for the Slow Dance

Classic Poetry: Can You Hit On People With It?

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 29, 2009
For as long as we've been good enough with language to make poetry out of it, we've been using that poetry to hit on each other. For every landmark work about wars and tragedy, there's one about pretty ladies. And often the ones about wars... More  →
Classic Poetry: Can You Hit On People With It?

How to Be Friends with an Obsessed Fan

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 29, 2009
We live in an age of fandom. People cling to their favorite things to the point where they become an obsession. As you read this very sentence, the Philadelphia Phillies and the New York Yankees are battling it out in the World Series, and crazed... More  →
How to Be Friends with an Obsessed Fan