Skip over navigation

A Short Guide to Flirting on Facebook Walls

By Nate DernJanuary 26, 2010
One of the most important skills high schoolers master—or attempt to master—is flirting. It may seem silly, but as social creatures we all have an instinct to find companionship—and that starts with flirting. While in the good ol’ days most flirting happened in... More  →
A Short Guide to Flirting on Facebook Walls

My Crush Is a Literary Character, Too (Except for Dan Bergstein)

By ContributorJanuary 26, 2010
...Annnnnd our series on unattainable crushes marches on—forever! Sparkler LuckyBee22's list of literary crushes are people she's slightly embarrassed to admit are her dream guys. Though they aren't hunky celebs, we have a feeling some of you miiiiiight be able to identify with... More  →
My Crush Is a Literary Character, Too (Except for Dan Bergstein)

A Much-Too-Honest College Tour

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 26, 2010
Hi, everybody! Welcome to State University. My name is Robert, and I'll be your guide this afternoon. I'm glad it's sunny today. Actually, I'm stunned. It rains almost constantly here, and when it's not raining, you can expect sleet and hail. Sunlight is unheard of. One kid... More  →
A Much-Too-Honest College Tour

What It's Like to Live In...Cincinnati

By ContributorJanuary 26, 2010
When your editors were in high school, we hung out in the gravel pits, ate meatball subs at Alexander's Pizza, and went to Jared's house because his parents were never, ever home. (Now we live in New York, land of sandwiches, plays, ... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Cincinnati

Auntie SparkNotes: No Brain, No Shoes, No Service

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 26, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I’m in my 4th year and I just saw the results of a recent college entrance test I took. I didn’t pass. Many of my classmates did. Yes, this makes me pathetic. I can’t take the test again. This makes me twice as... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No Brain, No Shoes, No Service

SparkLife Blog Post Ideas

By ContributorJanuary 25, 2010
Every day, lots of Sparklers ask us for blog post topics. We get emails, Facebook messages, and pigeons that fly to our office and poop "ARTICLE TOPIX PLZ" onto the windows. We looooove coming up with post ideas, but sometimes it makes our brains explode... More  →
SparkLife Blog Post Ideas

Signs You've Had Too Much Caffeine

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 25, 2010

Most of us literary types love a good cup of joe. Black, creamy, or loaded with sugar, we're into it. But there are side effects to swilling caffeine. Here are signs you've had enough:

1. Your foot is tapping along to the rhythm of everything you

... More  →
Signs You've Had Too Much Caffeine

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 25, 2010
Last week, Sparkler right_writer suggested the caption "Monkey did it, why can't I?" for the featured owl pic. We wondered exactly what right_writer, the all-time champ of Cute Thing captions, was referring to. Do monkey wear moon boots? Do they stare creepily... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Become the Rocky Balboa of Trash Talkers

By Kia WoodJanuary 25, 2010
Ever get so flustered in an argument that you get a brain freeze? Like when you feel as though your wit has gone on a coffee break and you're left with your inner 6-year-old yelling "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?" Obviously we... More  →
Become the Rocky Balboa of Trash Talkers

Ten Reasons Winter Should Be Over

By Julie KrautJanuary 25, 2010
We are so over winter. Sure, it started off cute, with mittens, red noses, and fun flavored coffee at Starbucks. But it went downhill quickly. We’ve been battling the winter blues since the last week of December. It’s a testament to our maturity and unflagging... More  →
Ten Reasons Winter Should Be Over