Skip over navigation

The Lazy Sparkler's Guide to Cleaning Your Room

By ContributorMarch 3, 2010
We have to clean our rooms today in preparation for weekend guests. This post couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks, Sakeller92! —SparkNotes editors Like most teenagers I know, I have an innate inability to keep my room neat. It’s not like I... More  →
The Lazy Sparkler's Guide to Cleaning Your Room

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 3, 2010
Okay, okay, okay, we'll put up the t-shirt video! This vid is hot hot hot in the world of Sparklers Who Email Us Stuff. ...And it makes us want to go shopping for silly t-shirts. Therefore, we love it, but our wallets do NOT. What do you think... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Things You Might Find When You're Feeling Around Under Your Car Seats for an Ice Scraper

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 3, 2010
You might see the title of this post and think to yourselves, “WHY IS THIS EVEN A POST. WHY.” To which we might respond, “WE HAVE NO IDEA. NO IDEA.” Sometimes there ain’t no reason to our rhyme, Sparklers. So just put that desk chair... More  →
Things You Might Find When You're Feeling Around Under Your Car Seats for an Ice Scraper

The Day I Hung Out with RPatz

By Ashley SpencerMarch 3, 2010
I’ve had brief encounters with Ben Affleck, Hayden Christensen, *NSync, Chubby Checker, and Bozo the Clown. During all of these encounters, I was your typically crazy fan-girl. For an *NSync sound check, I snuck into the venue early and tried approaching Justin Timberlake. I got... More  →
The Day I Hung Out with RPatz

Open Thread for March 3

By Emily WinterMarch 3, 2010
We love this pic from Sparkler AnnelaLauren. In fact, we wish we could be editor bots today so we could go on autopilot. Our humanoid selves are a little shaken up after finally seeing Avatar last night. (I know, we're way behind.) We... More  →
Open Thread for March 3

The Most Famous Sparklers

By ContributorMarch 2, 2010
We would like to include the author of this post, rebel_of_nowhere, in the list of the most famous Sparklers. We love this post, rebel! —SparkNotes editors When most people think of a sparkler, they picture those things you light up on the 4th of... More  →
The Most Famous Sparklers

You Might Be Obsessed with the House of Night Series If...

We've never read the House of Night series, but we trust that Sparkler amaturauthor23 knows what she's talking about. Well, we hope she knows, anyway. :) If you haven't read the series either, be warned there are spoilers here! —SparkNotes editors You... More  →
You Might Be Obsessed with the House of Night Series If...

How to Handle Cheaters

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 2, 2010
Here at SparkNotes, we know that you know how hard it is to be soooo super-smart all the time. It's a torturous life, what with your parents expecting your smart behind to bring home nothing but straight As, and jealous idiot-jerks leaving poorly-spelled graffiti on... More  →
How to Handle Cheaters

High School Dances: Hollywood vs. Reality

By Katie_RolnickMarch 2, 2010
When it comes to high school dances, most people hope for the scenarios they see in movies or on TV: Perfect date. Perfect dress. Perfect everything. But in reality, the night is usually a lot less eventful than John Hughes would have us believe. That's not... More  →
High School Dances: Hollywood vs. Reality

A Sparkler Goes Back in Time

In her first post ever, Sparkler Aloysius45 takes us back in time and teaches us how to a) get into the groove b) blitzkrieg bop and c) paint it black! —Sparknotes editors Lately a friend of mine has been experiencing serious nostalgia for the... More  →
A Sparkler Goes Back in Time