Skip over navigation

How to Make Your Chores More Enjoyable

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2010
Thanks for the tips, Ney-Ney92—now we can't wait to water the plants!—Sparkitors OK, so maybe this post should be titled How to Make Your Chores Enjoyable AT ALL—because really, who enjoys chores? (Answer: No one.) But unfortunately, they're a necessary... More  →
How to Make Your Chores More Enjoyable

Lies It's OK to Tell

By Lauren PassellSeptember 16, 2010
We know it's wrong to lie and blah blah blah, but it's also wrong to forget to cut up those plastic soda can holders so fish don't get stuck in them, but everybody forgets. Right? Right? C'mon, back a Splogger up! Fine, you goody two-shoes. You... More  →
Lies It's OK to Tell

Top 10 Science Classes

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 16, 2010
Science classes come in all shapes and sizes, from astronomy to marine astronomy. But which field of science is the best? We've carefully examined the pros and cons of each in order to choose, once and for all, the greatest science class in the universe!... More  →
Top 10 Science Classes

Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief: 10 Reasons the Movie Totally Desecrates The Book

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2010
We're a little late in publishing this hilarious post by princesscat_A, but her advice is as sound as ever!—Sparkitors For all the true Percy Jackson fans out there, the ones who read the books, counted... More  →
Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief: 10 Reasons the Movie Totally Desecrates The Book

Auntie SparkNotes: A Lesson After Dumping

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 16, 2010
This Sparkler is approximately 14 zillion times more mature than we are. —Sparkitors Help, Auntie Sparknotes! My girlfriend broke up with me, and I'm having a hard time getting over it. She had talked to me about things I was doing that bothered her, but it turns... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Lesson After Dumping

When Your Best Friend's Friend Is Terrible

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 16, 2010
By all social logic, you and your best friend's other friends should be instant soulmates. It's your basic Transitive Property (of Friending), and surely you can apply all the math rules you're learning to the intricacies of life, or else what is math good for,... More  →
When Your Best Friend's Friend Is Terrible

Open Thread for September 16

By Emily WinterSeptember 16, 2010

alexthenotsogreat drew this epic bam in school. You're thinking about SparkLife during school?! We're so flattered!

Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!

... More  →
Open Thread for September 16

Halo Isn't That Great

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 15, 2010

Halo: Reach was released this week. There were midnight release parties across the country. Everyone has the game except me. Everyone is online playing together and having gigantic amounts of fun, except me. But who cares? I don’t. I don’t care that this is the

... More  →
Halo Isn't That Great

Why Being a Twin is Awesome

By ContributorSeptember 15, 2010
Wait, so CAN you read your twin's mind? Just kidding, Zoe Dee; of course you can!—Sparkitors I’m going to assume that you’ve wondered what it’s like to be a twin, unless you are a twin, which is what I am... More  →
Why Being a Twin is Awesome

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 3

By Emily WinterSeptember 15, 2010
Chapters 5-7 First of all, there's a typo. Dammit, Jane Austen, you should be ashamed of yourself! Did Microsoft 1809 not have grammar check?! Did you text the book to your editor? With you being such a fancy writer and all, you'd think you'd be able to... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 3