Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Telling Secrets, Having Backs

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 11, 2010
Auntie Sparknotes, My best friend has a problem with depression and his weight for the past four-five years or so, and I've been one of the few people he's disclosed it to. I've always been there for him the best I can and try to look... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Telling Secrets, Having Backs

A Day at My Home School Group

By ContributorMarch 11, 2010
Judging by her recap, ZoeiGirl might have one of the best school days of any Sparkler. —SparkNotes editors When I read all of the "A Day in the Life of..." posts I was surprised that there were not any about being home schooled or... More  →
A Day at My Home School Group

Oops Your Way to The First Kiss

By Kia WoodMarch 11, 2010
While waiting for your first kiss, it can be very tempting to go up to your crush, grab his or lips with your fingers, and yell, “just kiss me already danggit!” But that’s a mood killer, and will likely result in a slap. If you’re not... More  →
Oops Your Way to The First Kiss

The Four Types of Favorite Teachers

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 11, 2010
Identifying a plain old good teacher is pretty straightforward: he or she understands things, and teaches you about those things, and then later, you remember them. Favorite teachers are harder to describe, because everyone defines "favorite teacher" differently. Some students like to be challenged, others... More  →
The Four Types of Favorite Teachers

The Perfect Jacket for March

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 11, 2010
This is a strange month. Some days are cold. Some days are warm. It can be very confusing, unless you live in constantly perfect Southern California. (And if you do, can we come over some time? Just for, like, a month or two? We’ll bring... More  →
The Perfect Jacket for March

Open Thread for March 11

By Emily WinterMarch 11, 2010
ZOMG ZOMG I forgot to publish the open thread. Sparklers, please don't kill me. Miss Marm, please don't kill me. Look at this puppy instead! It's called Scout! And it's from a mystery Sparkler! Hooray! ... More  →
Open Thread for March 11

Weird Lyrics Your Parents Sang

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 10, 2010
"Owl City? Is that an exhibit at the zoo? MGMT? The studio with the lion? Panic! At the Disco? Ruuuuuunn!!!" Yep, it's safe to say your parents don't understand today's music. Well, rest assured that their parents didn't get their music, either. And revisiting some of... More  →
Weird Lyrics Your Parents Sang

Easter Candy Is Better Than Halloween Candy

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 10, 2010
We’re sick of fighting about this. Some people believe that Halloween candy is superior to Easter candy in taste, theme, and variety. Those people are wrong. Why? We’re so glad you asked. 1. Easter candy is bigger. If you go trick-or-treating, the best you can hope for... More  →
Easter Candy Is Better Than Halloween Candy

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 10, 2010
One of these cupcakes will be a hero. Others may not survive. The following YouTube vid isn't just another Awesome Thing adventure. It's a love story, a rite of passage, and a disaster movie. It's the YouTube cupcake experience of the season, and it's brought to you... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Revenge of the Gingers

By ContributorMarch 10, 2010
In many places, especially the UK, redheads with freckles (aka gingers) are shunned and teased. "No more!" says Sparkler scary_owl, and we agree. —SparkNotes editors Fact: Gingers are an awkward and alienated group of people. Myth: Gingers are aliens and therefore don’t have souls. Another... More  →
Revenge of the Gingers