Search Menu
Menu

Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

By ContributorApril 6, 2011
Lis93, we're so proud you survived all these interviews. And without breakfast, no less! –Sparkitors Being a British Sparkler (Britkler?), some things about the SparkCollege posts confuse me. For one thing, "college," to me, is a place you go to around age 16, not... More  →
Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

You Know You're from The Bronx When...

By ContributorApril 6, 2011
a_elbereth_gilthoniel, we think you're hilarious. Does that make us super-awesome? —Sparkitors I know someone already wrote a "You Know You're From" post about NYC, but I'm from the Bronx, so I've got a bit of a different take on things than the... More  →
You Know You're from The Bronx When...

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post: christinepotter: Many Potter fans feel an umbrage towards Harry's vile, conniving, prejudiced professor, Umbridge (hence the name similarity). AwesomePossum214: Stacy's mom makes no one feel unbrage, 'cause she's got it going... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

How To Flirt Online

By Jon_SkindzierApril 6, 2011
Flirting via instant messaging is a tricky business, fraught with peril and emoticons, but mostly peril (often caused by emoticons). On one hand, it's easier than the in-person variety of flirting, at least for those of us whose closest thing to a romantic experience this... More  →
How To Flirt Online

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
Last week's Think Tank was a bit out of the ordinary; instead of asking you to solve a riddle, we asked you to write us a poem. We were secretly planning on stealing your best verses for our forthcoming haiku collection, tentatively titled... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

What the What?: Girl Yawns in Class, Mouth Stays That Way

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2011
In honor of Holly Thompson—the girl who yawned in class and her face stayed that way (yes, this is really real)—we'd like you guys to count how many times you yawn in school today. Add up your yawns in a single class... More  →
What the What?: Girl Yawns in Class, Mouth Stays That Way

An Announcement

By Dan_BergsteinApril 6, 2011
Gotcha! My retirement post was an evil April Fool's joke that many of you figured out. And once people got the joke, they yelled at me. I felt bad. I'm sorry for causing any stress or intestinal discomfort. I'm not leaving SparkNotes. Not yet.... More  →
An Announcement

Playlist of the Day for April 6

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 6, 2011
Today's playlist, sent in by A-Wingfan, is full of The Sweetest Love Songs EVER. No disagreement allowed. 1 "Lady 95" by Styx 2 "The Best of Times" by Styx 3 "Babe" by Styx 4 "Faithfully" by Journey 5 "Separate Ways (Worlds... More  →
Playlist of the Day for April 6

Open Thread for April 6

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2011
We found Emma's wedding shoes! laursification says... Ahoy! In honour of confidence pants week, I would like to share with my fellow Sparklers my confidence shoes. I am not the biggest fan of people looking at me, but when I'm wearing them, I feel taller and-... More  →
Open Thread for April 6

Intern's Pick of the Day for April 6

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 6, 2011
Is today's pick a cool video? No. Is it still just as awesomesauce as actual awesomesauce? Heck. Yes. It's a Bazinga! Hoodie! How cool is that?! Yes, you should get one. And wear it all the time. And feel like Batman.... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day for April 6