Skip over navigation

Lobsters are Smarter than Humans

By ContributorOctober 26, 2010
We're desperate to know where you get these ideas, flyergirl13, but we're laughing too hard to ask. —Sparkitors I've spent years of my life studying lobsters in their natural habitat (i.e. watching them in that tank when we go... More  →

Hilarious Quotes by Teachers—Round 2!

We've had some funny teachers in our day, but PhantomPhan93 really hit the hilarity jackpot.—Sparkitors After I read flyergirl13's post, I knew I had to write a follow-up; you see, I've got some pretty... More  →

Video War: Kings of Leon V. Neon Trees

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 26, 2010
And...WE'RE BACK. We took a brief break from the Video War series last week to do some much-needed Committee of Cool-ing, but we know you're DESPERATE to see the results of the knock-down, drag-out fight between Kings of Leon and Neon... More  →

Defending Your Embarrassing Music Collection

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 26, 2010
An iPod, or any device like it, is basically just a tiny computer—how it works is a mystery to us, it contains some processors or floppy disks or something, and the stuff that's on it makes a convincing statement about our personalities. If you're like us,... More  →
Defending Your Embarrassing Music Collection

What Your Favorite Punctuation Mark Says About You, Part II

Has anyone ever investigated the depth and breadth of humanity's favorite punctuation marks as thoroughly as flyergirl13? No. Never ever. This is true dedication.—Sparkitors Upon reading the comments for my last post, I discovered something that left me shocked... More  →
What Your Favorite Punctuation Mark Says About You, Part II

Auntie SparkNotes: I Cut You In Line So Bad

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 26, 2010
Our technique for line-cutters: hiss "no frontsies, no backsies" while brandishing our miniature Swiss Army scissors. Works like a charm! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Hi. I have a problem with people cutting in the lunch line. Specifically teachers cutting in line, but really, anyone who cuts in... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Cut You In Line So Bad

Six Play-on-Words Halloween Costumes

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 26, 2010
You're panicking. Halloween's less than one week away, and so far your costume options include Snooki and sexy hobo. Relax. There's no need to go out and buy a slinky dress or a $6,000 diamond-encrusted princess costume. In our... More  →
Six Play-on-Words Halloween Costumes

How to Dress Like... River Tam from Firefly

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 26, 2010
Halloween is coming up. Maybe you want to be River Tam from Firefly for the special occasion, or maybe you want to wear flowing dresses and clunky boots while donning unwashed hair every day. Here's how to pull off the look of everyone's favorite mind-reading... More  →
How to Dress Like... River Tam from Firefly

How to Be Awesome: Board Game Edition

What if we tried all of these and still lost? Purely a hypothetical, jgrudzy. –Sparkitors Board games are so essential to awesomeness that if you do not regularly play them, you have no chance of ever being awesome. And when you... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Board Game Edition

Open Thread for October 26

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 26, 2010
muffinsarejustbetter sent us these stunningly gorgeous photographs along with the understatement of the century: So I take pictures of random butterflies. Then they turn out pretty well. UH, YEAH. If by "pretty well," you mean "NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC QUALITY," then you are exactly... More  →