Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Really Bored Mankler

By ContributorAugust 18, 2010
charterkid188, try building a fort out of pillows and super-glue. That's what we always do when we're bored. —Sparkitors I, like many other people, enjoy the art of procrastination. This year, however, my procrastination backfired, and instead of affecting... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Really Bored Mankler

8 Reasons to Be Happy About Going Back to School

claire:), you just turned our back-to-school frowns upside-down. Maybe that's partly due to the fact that we don't ever have to go to school again, but we're gonna give you all the credit. —Sparkitors We're all... More  →
8 Reasons to Be Happy About Going Back to School

15 Reasons Why You Should Shower at Night

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 18, 2010
If you take a shower in the morning instead of at night, you’re doing it all wrong. If you’re fancy, and take a shower in the morning and at night, then stop reading this, because it doesn’t concern you. And this isn’t about afternoon showering... More  →
15 Reasons Why You Should Shower at Night

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 18, 2010
Before we get to this week's phenomenally awesome thing (starring the same dashing fellows as last week's hilarious video, which scored 8.43 on the Scale of Awesomeness), we'd like to answer a few questions posed by eyeyeyepatch: I've always wondered... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

What to Do When You're Finally HOME ALONE

By Ashley SpencerAugust 18, 2010
So your parents are taking a long weekend up north in Wisconsin to stuff their faces with cheese, or maybe they’re each driving a carful of stuff to the college of your prima donna sister. Whatever the case is, you’ll be home alone. Whether you... More  →
What to Do When You're Finally HOME ALONE

My Crush Has an Amazing Accent

xXx_lola_xXx is a prolific SparkLife writer, and this is one of her best! —Sparkitors Hello, hello, hello! Today I am here to talk about CRUSHES! This is a common topic on SparkNotes, and you probably wonder who could possibly be left to have a... More  →
My Crush Has an Amazing Accent

Open Thread for August 18

By Emily WinterAugust 18, 2010
Doooood, the new coffee machine just exploded on this editor's face. If this is Gloria Jean's idea of a joke, it's hilarious. Haha. Now excuse me while I choke on coffee grounds. In other news, this pic from alien.of.mars reminds us of... More  →
Open Thread for August 18

Committee of Cool: PUPPETBOX

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 17, 2010
This week, we've got a really special treat for you, Sparklers: FREE MONEY. That's right: we're giving out hundred dollar bills. Excited? Then GROW UP. The real treat is that we're reviewing a video by PUPPETBOX, an up-and-coming band featuring Emily Winter's writing partners John... More  →
Committee of Cool: PUPPETBOX

We Don't Get It

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 17, 2010
Denisey94's post about feces pellets raisins got us thinking about all those things other people like to oooh and ahhhh and roll their eyes back in their heads over that leave us kind of meh *shrugs shoulders*.... More  →
We Don't Get It

The 10 Worst Makeout Songs

By Lauren PassellAugust 17, 2010
Wooing your crush by going nuts with the light-dimmer, poofing up the pillows, and cranking... "The Chicken Dance"? Ack, stop right there! We can’t think of anything we’d less like to kiss to than these mood-crushing jams. 10. The theme from Super Mario Brothers. 9.... More  →
The 10 Worst Makeout Songs