Search Menu
Menu

What to Wear to a Breakup

By Ashley SpencerMay 6, 2011
You know how to dress for certain occasions: for a wedding, you wear a white dress. For Easter, you wear a nice pastel blouse with a neckline your grandma approves of. For New Year's Eve, you wear something short, sparkly, and cheap, so when someone... More  →
What to Wear to a Breakup

Auntie SparkNotes: Bully BFF

By kat_rosenfieldMay 6, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a "friend" that I don't actually like or want to be friends with. We met a couple years ago, and at first she was just annoying and rude. But now she has taken over my life. She is so bossy and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Bully BFF

Boys Who Love Vintage? They Exist!

By ApneetMay 6, 2011
The spotlight this week is on boy fashion, with my friend Adam modeling vintage and thrifted pieces from his wardrobe. I admire Adam's personal style—it's classic, with a twist. He studies theater in New York City and is a frequent thrift shopper. After the jump,... More  →
Boys Who Love Vintage? They Exist!

How Did You Choose Your Classes?

By ContributorMay 6, 2011
I’ve come to the conclusion that choosing your classes for next year is hard when you don’t know what you want to major in. That’s not strictly true.  I’ll major in Art History if I can’t think of anything better—I still adore the subject, and recently... More  →
How Did You Choose Your Classes?

Dressed To Move

By kat_rosenfieldMay 6, 2011
So, Sparklers! Notice anything... different? Yes, it's true: no longer are we confining our fashionista follies to the tiny, cluttered interior of that Brooklyn apartment! I have moved to Connecticut, and Sparkstyle is coming with me. Or I mean, it WILL be coming. Shortly. As soon... More  →
Dressed To Move

What Do You Think of Lady Gaga's Scandalsauce Video?

By EmmaMay 6, 2011
Emily: We all watched this version, right? Chelsea: WAIT, I THOUGHT WE WERE WATCHING BIEBER. Emma: yes, I watched the non-bieber version Emily: As gaga would say "eww" which was awesome ewwww Chelsea: does she say that? that makes... More  →
What Do You Think of Lady Gaga's Scandalsauce Video?

When Guidance Counselors Play Matchmaker

Faye's quest for a prom date has come to an e—you know what? Just read. —Sparkitors My name is Faye. I’m 18 years old. I like cheesy teen novels. I’m going to be an engineer. I play video games. I still have an irrational... More  →
When Guidance Counselors Play Matchmaker

5 Things That Trouble Me About the Hunger Games Trilogy

Though we thought the first two books were pretty much perfect, we must concede that Ravendown makes some good points! (Also, spoiler alerts x 1000!) –Sparkitors Don't get me wrong, I loved the Hunger Games trilogy. Nevertheless, there were a... More  →
5 Things That Trouble Me About the Hunger Games Trilogy

Unsung YouTube Stars

Maddy65 gives cred to the lesser-known heroes of the interwebz!—Sparkitors There are so many talented people out there that fail to get as much recognition as they deserve, right? I mean, c’mon, the traditional banana rainbow scarves jumping dance... More  →
Unsung YouTube Stars

Ask Jono: Figuring Out Mixed Signal Guy

By Jon_SkindzierMay 6, 2011
(Subject line: You are brave young dragon. But mine is the stronger gung-fu) Dear Jono, I hope you enjoyed the subject line. It is probably the most entertaining thing about this email. Anywho, I have a question! There's this guy (I bet >99% of emails you receive... More  →
Ask Jono: Figuring Out Mixed Signal Guy