Skip over navigation

Open Thread for April 4

By EmmaApril 4, 2010
This is our brother's girlfriend's cat, Pinot. She is a big goofball who loves jumping into bags and sitting there for hours, thinking cat thoughts. She also likes to play with the Trivial Pursuit pies. Oh, Pinot! Do you have a cute room/picture/video/pet/collection? Send it to contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Open Thread for April 4

Open Thread for April 3

By EmmaApril 3, 2010
Oh geez. If there's anything cuter than kittehs, it's kittehs wearing white gloves. biskvitkaimlyako's cat, Мечка (Mechka) also looks nice and plump. Just the way we like 'em!... More  →
Open Thread for April 3

Online Schooling: Like Homeschool, Except Not at All

By ContributorApril 3, 2010
At FadingRose's school, if you're not surfing the net, you're not working hard enough. Sounds like a Sparkler's dream. —Sparknotes editors I’m not homeschooled; I go to an online school. There’s a big difference and it enrages me when people automatically assume that since... More  →
Online Schooling: Like Homeschool, Except Not at All

5 Types of Annoying People

Susie5292 is the funniest angel we know. (Is it just us, or are Sparklers getting collectively more hilarious?)  —SparkNotes editors We've all been taught not to hate people, but is it really so wrong to be annoyed by particular behaviors? I certainly don't think... More  →
5 Types of Annoying People

My Life... as a Fairy Tale

jgrudzy, we're not sure whether you're a dreamer longing for a magical life, or just a pragmatist looking to avoid her chores, but either way, we're sold. —SparkNotes editors Presenting the top 10 reasons living in a fairy tale would be cooler than real... More  →
My Life... as a Fairy Tale

The Great Friday Awards

By Emily WinterApril 3, 2010
We know this sounds silly and girly, but we LOVE bunnies! Easter bunnies, secular bunnies, honey bunnies, bunnies who mask their insecurities with a bad attitude, allllll bunnies. Okay, so guess what. We hereby give every bunny in the world a Friday Award. You know who... More  →
The Great Friday Awards

April Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinApril 2, 2010
Spring is in the air, along with pollen and (probably) ghosts. Will the warmer weather heat up your love life? Will you make money managing a lavish lemonade stand? Will you wear shorts on a day when it’s really too cold for shorts? Read on... More  →
April Horoscopes

Quiz: Is Your Family Insane?

By Ashley SpencerApril 2, 2010
Do you ever think, "maybe my family is completely nuts"? You might be right. Take our quiz to gauge just how crazy your family is. Then review the results and see what you can to do make things smoother around the house. 1. You just woke up... More  →
Quiz: Is Your Family Insane?

Confidence Pants on the Ground

By ContributorApril 2, 2010
Sparkler mochalatte7362 knows that not all teens have a fully-developed pair of... Confidence Pants. If you're still working out exactly what your CPs look like, you may want to read these quotes for inspiration. —SparkNotes editors I was reading a recent Auntie Sparknotes... More  →
Confidence Pants on the Ground

Auntie's Facebook Chat

By SparkLifeApril 2, 2010
Auntie did an amazing 7-hour chat on FB! She weighed in on wrist flowers (aka corsages), encouraged Sparklers to just go ahead and buy the expensive dress they love, and typed until her fingers burned. If you missed it or don't have a... More  →
Auntie's Facebook Chat