Skip over navigation

Open Thread for May 26

By Emily WinterMay 26, 2010
Noms noms nomisicle noms!!! Thanks for making us salivate onto our keyboards, bpotatoe! bpotatoe said she went to an Italian wedding in Pittsburgh recently, and tried to take one of every type of cookie available. They didn't fit on her plate, so this is only... More  →
Open Thread for May 26

Auntie SparkNotes: When Is It Okay to Have Sex?

By kat_rosenfieldMay 25, 2010
To have sex, or not to have sex? That is the question that brave Auntie will answer. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I've been going out with my boyfriend for half a year now. He's wonderfully sweet and considerate, among many other great qualities that I won't list... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Is It Okay to Have Sex?

Guide to Surviving First Period Gym Class

By ContributorMay 25, 2010
Why even try to look decent when you're stuck with first period gym? At least locomadsy here knows how to handle this scheduling nightmare. —Sparkitors For those of you who actually ENJOY gym class, go bang your heads against a wall. For the rest... More  →
Guide to Surviving First Period Gym Class

Blogging My Stage Fright

When we get on stage, we break out in hives and cry. We're in awe of you, Trini94! —Sparkitors My high school drama class recently put on its first show that was more than just a series of small skits—Frankenstein. As a... More  →
Blogging My Stage Fright

Your Day, as Imagined by Your Dentist

By Robert IsenbergMay 25, 2010
6 a.m.: Wake. Rush to bathroom. Squeeze heavenly dollop of toothpaste onto your pristine Scepter of the Mouth, otherwise known as your "toothbrush." Brush using swirly motion. 6:15 a.m.: Floss. 6:30 a.m.: Eat a healthy, soft, low-sugar breakfast. Preferably some kind of oatmeal. Or gruel. 7 a.m.: Arrive... More  →
Your Day, as Imagined by Your Dentist

A Day in the Life of an Academy of Liberal Arts School Girl

ColorfulMusic gets teased for being the "baby" of her high school, since she skipped a grade and is only 13. If we were a year younger than our peers, we'd take a gap year and travel the world. Think about it, Music! —Sparkitors I... More  →
A Day in the Life of an Academy of Liberal Arts School Girl

Emoticons Are Dumb

FadingRose sent us this hilarious post, which she says is the result of one of the many "enlightening discourses" that she's shared with rebel_of_nowhere. Keep talkin', guys: we love what you come up with! —SparkNotes editors Nowadays, it’s way... More  →
Emoticons Are Dumb

If Doctor Who Were American

We've only seen Doctor Who once, and it gave us horrible nightmares (we know, we're losers), but we have a feeling that Edani10 is right on the money with her predictions. Plus, we'll take any... More  →
If Doctor Who Were American

The Hit List: Coldplay

Sparkler Julez_Eliza might just be the biggest Coldplay fan ever! And we can't blame her: English accents are pretty darn irresistible.— The SparkNotes Editors It was a dark, dreary day on planet Earth. The date was March... More  →
The Hit List: Coldplay

The Hit List: Bruce Springsteen

Sparkler BeauYouKnow has been waiting SO patiently for her post to be published. If we could have torn our eyes away from Bruce in a cut-off tank top, it would have been up ages ago.— ... More  →
The Hit List: Bruce Springsteen