Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for June 2

By SparkLifeJune 2, 2011
There are. No words. Oh wait, there's one: RIGHT. (Thanks, Mankler Snivy, for sending this in.)... More  →
Open Thread for June 2

What to Eat After 3,782 Grad Parties

By ContributorJune 1, 2011
Shivani, we don't know what lap tag is, and we're afraid to google it. —Sparkitors After a wild and crazy week and a half, I’m a bit burned out from grad party season. Though it is truly glamorous stumbling home at one o’ clock... More  →
What to Eat After 3,782 Grad Parties

The Best T-Shirts for English Majors

Courtney Guth is going to be the best English teacher ever! —Sparkitors I’ve always boasted that if shopping were an Olympic sport, I’d be a gold medalist. It’s certainly one of my favorite pastimes. I was raised in shopping malls and outlet stores. At... More  →
The Best T-Shirts for English Majors

Auntie SparkNotes: Teased and Ticked Off

By kat_rosenfieldJune 1, 2011
Dear Auntie, As you may know, in a close group of friends, there's always that one who gets teased. In my class, that's me. I'm constantly getting teased and it's starting to really upset me and hurt my feelings, I normally end up feeling kinda down.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Teased and Ticked Off

In Defense of Nicolas Cage

By Dan_BergsteinJune 1, 2011
Wait! Don’t run away! And this isn’t an April Fool’s joke. Nicolas Cage is…[deep breath]…an OK actor. At times, he is even a great actor. It’s tough to remember this when he’s starring in every awful movie of the past few years (Season of the... More  →
In Defense of Nicolas Cage

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Lonks' choice this week is a favorite of the Sparkitors! Book #34: The Perks of Being a Wallflower Author: Stephen Chbosky Reason for Reading: Three reasons: 1. Several Sparklers have suggested it, and so have several friends. 2. I loved the title! 3. A movie... More  →
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

It's Gettin' Hot in Here

Lyra had a giant crush on her BFF James. Is she finally ready to move on? —Sparkitors I am melting from the day’s relentless heat. The warmer it gets, the more I want to drive home, turn the air conditioning on to super-freezy, and... More  →
It's Gettin' Hot in Here

Presenting...Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 1, 2011
Two weeks ago, we gave you the greatest gift ever: an album of Sparklers and Manklers all gussied up for prom, rockin' tuxes, top hats, monocles, Converse, and princess-worthy dresses like high school style CHAMPS. Then, we... More  →
Presenting...Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

Ask Jono: Helping Someone with Depression

By Jon_SkindzierJune 1, 2011
Dear Jono, My problems a bit of a toughy: my best friend is depressed. He does a great job of hiding it, except for a post on his blog. He poured his heart out about how he feels. He cuts his wrists. He doesn't... More  →
Ask Jono: Helping Someone with Depression

10 Reasons the TARDIS is Cooler Than the DeLorean

kamurphy1218 pits Doc Brown's ride against Doctor Who's—and there's no telling who will come out on top.—Sparkitors In Dan Bergstein's post about Back to The Future, he made the ridiculous claim that the DeLorean is a better time machine than... More  →
10 Reasons the TARDIS is Cooler Than the DeLorean