Skip over navigation

Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...the Friend You're Secretly In Love With

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 9, 2010
Desperately looking for valentine ideas? SparkLife writer Kathryn Williams has some fill-in-the-blank options for you. First up: a valentine for the friend you're secretly in love with! Dear ______________, We’ve been ____________ for ____________ years now. We’ve shared ___________, _____________, and _____________. There has been... More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...the Friend You're Secretly In Love With

After Edward Cullen: Suggested Roles for R-Patz

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 9, 2010
Attention, Robert Pattinson fans: If you've been suffering from R-Patz withdrawal in the long, lonely months between Twilight film installments, your SparkNotes editors would like to direct you to the item below. It is the synopsis of a film currently in production, a Victorian literary... More  →
After Edward Cullen: Suggested Roles for R-Patz

How to Stop Crushing

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2010
We think dumbledore21 is the next Chelsea_Dagger (but Chelsea_Dagger can still be Chelsea_Dagger, too). Do you agree? —SparkNotes editors So, you know your crush is bad for you, or s/he's going out with someone else, and you know you have to give... More  →
How to Stop Crushing

The Rise and Fall of a Garage Band

By Robert IsenbergFebruary 9, 2010
Ever thought about joining a band? You should know what you're in for. This is what will happen. 1. You like to play guitar. People say you're good at it. 2. You meet (a) a bass-player and (b) a drummer. Actually, they're already your friends. 3. One afternoon,... More  →
The Rise and Fall of a Garage Band

The Recipe For a Bestselling Teen Fantasy Novel

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2010
Sparkler lmaonaise is hilarious and has made us very hungry. —SparkNotes editors Anyone who's read YA fantasy novels knows that many follow the same basic plot and include the same key points and themes. The only elements that really change are the characters’ names... More  →
The Recipe For a Bestselling Teen Fantasy Novel

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Mentally Reuniting The Ghosts of Valentine’s Day Past

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 9, 2010
I had one really great boyfriend in high school. He played volleyball and had thick curly hair that I loved, even though it was vaguely reminiscent of the late MJ’s fro. Unlike the guys I “dated” in college, he enjoyed holding hands and talking on... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: Mentally Reuniting The Ghosts of Valentine’s Day Past

It's the Mr. Literary Finale!

By SparkLifeFebruary 9, 2010
If your blind date spoke exclusively in quotations, would you run away, or ... More  →
It's the Mr. Literary Finale!

Real Actual Legit Ways Not to Impress Boys (This Time We Ain't Kiddin' Around)

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 9, 2010
Since our last post on this subject left a little something to be desired in the practicality department, we’ve decided to write a slightly more helpful follow-up. Below are things you should never ever do if you want to impress a special someone.... More  →
Real Actual Legit Ways Not to Impress Boys (This Time We Ain't Kiddin' Around)

Auntie SparkNotes: Of Old Ladies and Unspoken Love

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 9, 2010
It's rapid-fire response time! Today, before we get to the down-and-dirty giving of advice, I've got some quick and dirty answers to a few of your quips and queries from the comments. From zella: How do I deal with a Chihuahua's separation anxiety? Sadly, Chihuahuas are... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Of Old Ladies and Unspoken Love

Coping with February Breakups

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2010
Sparkler africanstardust has a few evil clever suggestions for dealing with breakups. We're gonna try these on our Sanctimonious Oaf! —SparkNotes editors Most of us have been there (and the least lucky of us have been there on or around Valentine's Day): you're... More  →
Coping with February Breakups