Search Menu
Menu

The Pros and Cons of Babysitting

By ContributorAugust 19, 2011
EmilyP summons up an amazing amount of enthusiasm for a job that frequently involves poop. –Sparkitors Though I'll tell anyone who cares to listen that babysitting is the best job EVER, that doesn't mean it's without its downside. In the interest of helping all... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Babysitting

Open Thread for August 19

By SparkLifeAugust 19, 2011
AnOctpusDream drew us this giant squid monster. I mean, it's technically just a giant squid, but isn't every giant squid a monster? Anyway, this Sparkitor would pay actual human dollars to have this piece of art in her room.... More  →
Open Thread for August 19

A Day in the Life of a Freelance Writer

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 18, 2011
After reading my article, Dan's Advice for Aspiring Writers, you should be well on your way to becoming a writer. What type of life can you look forward to? Here’s a peek into my average day. 10:00 a.m. Wake up. The nice thing about... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Freelance Writer

How to Do Your Eyeliner

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 18, 2011
Scared you'll poke your eye out with that liner pencil? Kathryn is here to show you how to line your eyes without killing yourself! —Sparkitors Loading the player ... jwplayer("kgvid").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', ... More  →
How to Do Your Eyeliner

The Best of Dan Bergstein

By Emily WinterAugust 18, 2011
Like the witches in Macbeth, we three Sparkitors put our lumpy, greasy heads together... and came up with this list of our all-time favorite Dan Bergstein posts! If you haven't read them all, we predict something very bad will happen to you. In no particular order... More  →
The Best of Dan Bergstein

The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 18, 2011
Why was Justin Bieber: Never Say Never selected for this month’s SparkNotes Movie Club? Because Netflix was all out of The Godfather and Gone with the Wind. Some may laugh at the idea of examining a documentary/concert film about the pop sensation known... More  →
The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

Check Out Apneet's Adorable Green Dress-And More!

By ApneetAugust 18, 2011
I went back to Staten Island this week, and a handful of thrift stores and hours of shopping later, I realized I may have found my favorite vintage store in the most underappreciated borough of New York City. I picked up a few... More  →
Check Out Apneet's Adorable Green Dress-And More!

Auntie SparkNotes: The Reluctant Teacher's Pet

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 18, 2011
Dear Auntie, Please ignore the Bad Person Sirens ringing in my ears. Well, I was struggling in one class this pass school year. I found out my teacher had a son had from a different school and saw him in her office at the end... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Reluctant Teacher's Pet

Dan Destroyed My English Essay (But He Also Sort of Got Me a Job, Indirectly)

By ElodieAugust 18, 2011
Let me paint you a little picture: it’s a late summer’s night, and I’m a hot mess. In fact, I’m teetering somewhere between "okay, it's cool, I can finish this essay on time" and "SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, THIS ESSAY IS GNAWING AWAY AT MY... More  →
Dan Destroyed My English Essay (But He Also Sort of Got Me a Job, Indirectly)

Anne Hathaway Raps Now?

By Aislinn ShevlinAugust 18, 2011
So this happened. I think she should keep her day job. What do you think of Anne's rap? Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Anne Hathaway Raps Now?