Search Menu
Menu

Harry Potter Knows All of the Elements!

By Aislinn ShevlinJuly 14, 2011
How long do you think it took him to memorize this? Thanks sam.i.am3 for contributing to my obsession with all things Harry Potter this week! Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Harry Potter Knows All of the Elements!

Auntie SparkNotes: Amish Paradise

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 14, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, This is a little bit odd, but here it goes: I despair in the modern world. More than that, technology scares me (which sounds odd, seeing as I am using a computer at this time, yet even my computer frightens me), and I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Amish Paradise

If Not America, Then Where...?

By ContributorJuly 14, 2011
Laura, aka rosefan42, is a British Sparkler applying to Yale. Do you think her scores will get her in? —Sparkitors I got my SAT Subject Test results back. Finally. You ready? German = 800 Literature = 760 Maths I = 710 *does happy dance* Words can’t describe... More  →
If Not America, Then Where...?

You Know You're From Sri Lanka When...

HappyMonkey16's homeland is so pretty, it's referred to as a "pearl." Thanks for filling us in on a place we didn't know much about, Sparkler! –Sparkitors There have been approximately 782,343,895 posts on the topic of "You Know You're From When...,”, but none of... More  →
You Know You're From Sri Lanka When...

Glee is Ruined Forever

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 14, 2011
BREAKING NEWS: Ryan Murphy, the co-creator of Glee, just announced that Lea Michele (Rachel Berry), Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson), and Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel) will be "graduating" (aka LEAVING THE SHOW) at the end of the upcoming... More  →
Glee is Ruined Forever

The Six People You'll Meet at Harry Potter

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 14, 2011
A person who has inexplicably managed to avoid the Harry Potter franchise in all its forms, only to end up at the premiere because someone else got the flu and there was an extra ticket. Before the movie starts, the First-Year Student can be found gaping in open-mouthed alar More  →
The Six People You'll Meet at Harry Potter

How To Meet the Nerdy Love of Your Life (Hint: It Involves Harry Potter)

TanTan tells you how to win over the wizardly hottie in line next to you at the HP premiere.—Sparkitors In honor of the upcoming premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I’ve decided to write a touching and heartfelt article about science,... More  →
How To Meet the Nerdy Love of Your Life (Hint: It Involves Harry Potter)

The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Twilight

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 14, 2011
This was a long time coming. While blogging the four novels of the Twilight series, one of the questions I got most often was: Is anyone sitting here? But the most common question online was: When are you going to write about the movies? The answer: Now! I’m... More  →
The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Twilight

The End is Nigh: A Tribute to Harry Potter

Amy, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. Thanks for everything, Harry!—Sparkitors For close to nine years, Harry Potter has been an integral part of my life. It has been the one constant through my roller coaster ride of an existence. It has... More  →
The End is Nigh: A Tribute to Harry Potter

The Return of Zefron: Blogging AVPM Part 9

PrestigiousTimeLady is back with another hilarious recap—and this time, there are bromance haikus.—Sparkitors Well narwhals, it’s been rad. I hope you understand the vast array of emotions and types of sweater vests I went through before deciding how to present a... More  →
The Return of Zefron: Blogging AVPM Part 9