Skip over navigation

If Teachers Were Villains

By kat_rosenfieldApril 6, 2010
Heeeey, Sparklers! Are you sick of the banality of bad teachers? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to take a class with someone who made your life a living nightmare—not just figuratively, but literally? Do you ever wish that your obnoxious instructor... More  →
If Teachers Were Villains

How to Mess with a Music Snob

By Robert IsenbergApril 6, 2010
Let's be frank: Music snobs can be unbearable. The tight pants. The hangdog look. The way they sigh—looking oh-so-bored—as they judge your every comment. "Oh, you like [Your Favorite Band Here]? I used to like them, back in 2004." You may be tempted to use violence, but these... More  →
How to Mess with a Music Snob

Auntie SparkNotes: Bad Religion

By kat_rosenfieldApril 6, 2010
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I was a born and raised Christian, Baptist with a very supportive family life. This year my senior year has been a year of many changes for me, like changing my style, study habits, work ethic, and religion. Yep, I made a choice for... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Bad Religion

Open Thread for April 6

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2010
In yesterday's open thread, we asked Nillabee to send us a pic of the delicious cake she was eating. Now we want her to just send us the cake. We had a great time watching the NCAA Championship last night, though we don't like... More  →
Open Thread for April 6

Pros and Cons of Shyness

By ContributorApril 5, 2010
We love this insightful post by xoxobrookie. Shy people make the best writers and Sparkitors, you know! —SparkNotes editors I've been shy for as long as I can remember. It affects almost every aspect of my life. If you're like me, I'm sure... More  →
Pros and Cons of Shyness

Eau de Literary Characters

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 5, 2010
Having your own restaurant is so 2005. Your own clothing line? Muy 2007. For celebs, perfume or cologne is the trendy brand extension. It says, "I smell; therefore I am [important]." And we're all for it. No need to wear Estée Lauder when... More  →
Eau de Literary Characters

Cute Thing of the Week

By EmmaApril 5, 2010
The seven top cute things about this picture from hunterK: 1) The puppy's name is Digby 2) The goat's name is Sophie 3) Digby is chasing Sophie! 4) Digby and Sophie live on Fox Run Farm 5) Digby's ears 6) Sophie's horns 7) The expressions on their... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Read

By kat_rosenfieldApril 5, 2010
It's a few days into your wild and wonderful spring break at home, and something strange has happened: you don't feel like going anywhere, you don't feel like seeing anyone, and even the magical companionship of the television just doesn't have... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Read

The Daisy List

By ContributorApril 5, 2010
The phrase "bucket list" grosses us out, because buckets make us think of 1) mopping the floor, and 2) puking in the middle of the night. "Daisy list" is so much nicer. Great invention, neomaxizoomdwbi! —SparkNotes editors The other day I watched The Bucket... More  →
The Daisy List

Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Not Probe Brains Just Yet

By kat_rosenfieldApril 5, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So there's this guy who I've always sort of thought was cute ever since freshman year, but I didn't like him or anything. This year (junior year), I finally have a class with him and sometimes he chats with me online to ask... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Not Probe Brains Just Yet