Skip over navigation

Open Thread for May 25

By Chelsea DaggerMay 25, 2010
Dude, we can hardly even do basic math on our calculators, and RustyApplesauce figured out how to spell ACTUAL WORDS?!? Color us impressed.... More  →
Open Thread for May 25

A Guide to Dan Day

By ContributorMay 24, 2010
Since the latest installment of SparkNotes Scoop is also about your favorite freelancer, we thought we'd post this article by sisters kylxy and iplayharp and make it a Dan-themed Monday. Any complaints? We didn't think so. —SparkNotes... More  →
A Guide to Dan Day

A Week In the Life of an Involved AP Student

MichelleLikesPink, do you get Nordstrom discounts? Cuz...TAKE US SHOPPING! —Sparkitors Like many students across America, I'm a junior in a bunch of AP classes, and I have more extracurriculars that I can count on my fingers. Along with that, I volunteer and also have... More  →
A Week In the Life of an Involved AP Student

Bad Pet Names: A Helpful Questionnaire

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 24, 2010
Remember that rabbit you got when you were 6? The one that's still alive today? Even though you tell people she's called Sophie, your parents and siblings won't let you (or anyone else) forget that you really named her Sailor Uranus, after your... More  →
Bad Pet Names: A Helpful Questionnaire

Calling All Sparklers, Part II: We Need Your Help Again-and We Still Want Your Yachts

By Chelsea DaggerMay 24, 2010
You brought this on yourselves, Sparklers. Your response to our call for music reviews has been so amazing that we just HAD to ask you for another favor: send us the links to your favorite music videos! Each week, we'll pick one and... More  →
Calling All Sparklers, Part II: We Need Your Help Again-and We Still Want Your Yachts

My Crush Is a Villain

Warning: There are spoilers in 2emalha's post about sexy villains, and we're not about to take them out. How can a bad boy be appealing without a gritty backstory? —Sparkitors Now, we all remember those rose-tinted days of our youth, when our 6-year-old selves... More  →
My Crush Is a Villain

Auntie SparkNotes: Ex-Best-Friends

By kat_rosenfieldMay 24, 2010
Excuse us, but since when is it a crime to wear makeup? You should see our eyeliner right now! It makes Lady Gaga look like Maria Von Trapp!! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I think my friend and I have hit a rough patch in our friendship. Here's the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Ex-Best-Friends

The SparkNotes Scoop: The Greatest Day of Your Life (Maybe)

By Chelsea DaggerMay 24, 2010
You asked for it. You begged for it. You basically said you’d give us 6 trillion dollars if we delivered, and let’s be honest, we could use that cash. So we’re not gonna deny you any longer: today, we will profile one of the greatest... More  →
The SparkNotes Scoop: The Greatest Day of Your Life (Maybe)

The Hit List: The Morning Of

We'd never even heard of this band until Uglybunneh sent us this review. Thanks for sharing the music you love, and for making us hipper, one song at a time! — SparkNotes editors Don’t you hate it when your friends ask you what you’re... More  →
The Hit List: The Morning Of

Rebel Analyzes Your Favorite Cartoons

rebel_of_nowhere's getting all cerebral. And we're getting a burrito. —Sparkitors After analyzing Holden Caulfield, East of Eden, and the works of Franz Kafka in high school, it is really nice to enjoy something that doesn’t require your brain... More  →
Rebel Analyzes Your Favorite Cartoons