Skip over navigation

Cotillion, Demystified

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 14, 2010
When I mentioned cotillion in my exposé on the high school life and times of Kathryn Williams, I raised a few eyebrows. "Cotillion?" said some of you (Emma). "How quaint! We thought that died out sometime after the French Revolution." Nope, nope... More  →
Cotillion, Demystified

Auntie SparkNotes: An Urgent Reply to Faith

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 14, 2010
Yesterday, Sparkler faith_in_absence reported back with some bad news: she'd broken a house rule by staying up late to text her new boyfriend, and her parents responded by taking away her phone, making her quit the cross-country team, and (horrors!) forbidden... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: An Urgent Reply to Faith

Kat's High School Life

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 14, 2010
Kat was a cheerleader in high school! A cheerleader with gum in her hair! —Sparkitors Were you funny? No. Not only that, I was so unfunny that I can't even think of something funny to say about it. Oh, but I was kind of funny looking! I... More  →
Kat's High School Life

Open Thread for October 14

By Emily WinterOctober 14, 2010
But not TOO high! According2Me sent us this most amazing photo of all time. We're going to make it into a bedspread and put it in our Makeout Van, right beside our lava lamps and animal print pillow collection. Oh don't look at us like... More  →

5 Things You Should Never Say to an Avid Reader

By ContributorOctober 13, 2010
Thanks for sharing these rules with the world, Liesline. Readers everywhere owe you one! —Sparkitors All avid readers know that within our elite group, there exists a code that must not be broken. Unfortunately, not everyone is familiar with the rules about die-hard... More  →
5 Things You Should Never Say to an Avid Reader

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 4 (Duets)

By Melissa AlbertOctober 13, 2010
For the first time in a long time, this episode was actually about HIGH SCHOOL. Instead of neurotic Emma, we got neurotic Rachel. Instead of uptight Schue, we got uptight Mike Chang. Instead of terrifying Sue, we got terrifying Santana. It was also back to... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 4 (Duets)

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 7 (End of Volume 1!)

By Emily WinterOctober 13, 2010
Chapters 19-23 Our crafty protag Lizzy Bennet is definitely playing hard to get with Mr. Collins. The evidence is all there. For example, Mr. Collins asks Lizzy to marry him, and she says no. Obvious burger: Everyone knows that when girls say "no" they mean  "yes," and... More  →
 Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 7 (End of Volume 1!)

Who Wants To Win a Pile-o-Hair? (And Other Game Show Reboots)

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 13, 2010
Here at SparkNotes, there's nothing we love more than a good game show. A live studio audience! Fabulous prizes! Vanna White, and the ongoing mystery of what, exactly, her face is made of! (No, seriously, y'all—the woman has looked exactly the same for the past... More  →
Who Wants To Win a Pile-o-Hair? (And Other Game Show Reboots)

How To Be Awesome: Rocky Edition

By ContributorOctober 13, 2010
Bookinsomnia takes a page from jgrudzy's book and adds another chapter to the How To Be Awesome series! —Sparkitors

Rocky Balboa is one of the most famous and beloved underdogs in movie history–I mean, they've made

... More  →
How To Be Awesome: Rocky Edition

Auntie SparkNotes: Undateable

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 13, 2010
What do people really mean when they say, "I can't date you—you're too good of a friend!" Auntie knows, and she's going to tell us the harsh truth. –Sparkitors Hey Auntie! I have an issue. No girl wants to date me. But wait, it gets better... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Undateable