Skip over navigation

Eccentric Clubs from Around the World

By Robert IsenbergMarch 19, 2010
Fact: There's a club for everything. There are societies for knitters and butterfly collectors and obscure game players and made-up language speakers and professional Elvis impersonators. If you have an interest, any interest, you can probably find like-minded people out there who share it. These... More  →
Eccentric Clubs from Around the World

The Best Places to People-Watch at School

By Katie_RolnickMarch 19, 2010
If there's a single universal truth about being in high school, it's that everyone—at some point or another—will feel awkward. The best cure for your own insecurity about these uncomfortable moments? Reminding yourself that other people are equally weird and awkward. And the best way... More  →
The Best Places to People-Watch at School

Fact or Fiction: Home Schooler Edition

By ContributorMarch 19, 2010
Sparkler rebel_of_nowhere said wakwy inspired her to write this post. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors Over the years, I’ve had to deal with a lot of misconceptions about home schooling, like the belief that all home schoolers are pale white from lack of sunshine.... More  →
Fact or Fiction: Home Schooler Edition

The Dangers of Outdoor Dating

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 19, 2010
Here in New York, the first signs of spring are starting to appear in and around our Sparknotes headquarters—including some lovely things that make us happy (warm sunshine, pretty flowers, and cheerful people on bicycles), and some not-so-lovely things that... um, don't. (Yesterday we stepped... More  →
The Dangers of Outdoor Dating

Writing a Sparkler Post in 6 Not-So-Easy Steps

By ContributorMarch 19, 2010
Sparkler jewbiegirl hate us?!??!?!??! Nooooooooooooo! —SparkNotes editors Out of the many things I’ve tried in my life, writing a SparkNotes post has been one of the hardest. I’d like to warn everybody about the steps they will most likely go through as they try... More  →
Writing a Sparkler Post in 6 Not-So-Easy Steps

Open Thread for March 19

By Emily WinterMarch 19, 2010
This morning at 5:30 a.m., a truck broke outside of this editor's apartment. She thought it was the apocalypse. Did you know it's really hard to get back to sleep after you think it's the apocalypse? Due to lack of sleep and residual mental chaos from... More  →
Open Thread for March 19

Live Blogging My International Flight

By ContributorMarch 18, 2010
We think peaceonearth34 would start a war on earth if she didn't get fed on a flight. Take notes, Jet Blue! —SparkNotes editors If any of you have ever traveled internationally, you know the feeling. You're drained, angry, and ready to curse out anyone... More  →
Live Blogging My International Flight

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom, Part 5: You've Been Asked

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 18, 2010
Prom is fast approaching, Sparklers! Good thing we're almost to the end of the grueling step-by-step of procuring a date; if you've been following our schedule, you've already considered your options and selected a potential date, sussed out the interest of your crush,... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom, Part 5: You've Been Asked

10 Easy Ways to Get Beat Up

By Kia WoodMarch 18, 2010
Are you itching for a fight? Here are ten ways to get yourself punched in the face (or at least strongly reprimanded). 1. Driver a hummer. Those cars are like fist magnets. 2. Say to a girl who’s obviously in a bad mood, “are you PMSing?” 3. Flip... More  →
10 Easy Ways to Get Beat Up

Blogging Eclipse: Part 18

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2010
Chapter Eighteen: Instruction Better Title: Everyone Smells Edward carries Bella through the forest to the vampire/werewolf meeting, which is taking place in the clearing where the Cullen baseball games are played. Because if you're going to have a top secret monster meeting, it's best to do it... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 18