Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
This little fella, photographed by noisettepancake, is so cute that we just want to EAT HIM UP. But we mean that in a completely non-creepy way. Sort of. Maybe not, though. It's hard to say. Help us clarify our feelings by writing us... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 30

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2010
Though we would NEVER condone the wasting of a perfectly good marshmallow, we gotta say, Dont_panic__42: if you don't wanna eat 'em, building small towers with 'em seems like a pretty good alternative. Have you considered a career in cereal architecture?... More  →
Open Thread for August 30

Open Thread for August 29

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 29, 2010
porque_esto_es_africa sent in this pic with the following caption: Alright, so the other day my dog tried to get the last treat out of the jar. Enough said. Uhhh, "enough said"? NOT QUITE. There seems to be one burning question left unanswered by your brief... More  →
Open Thread for August 29

Open Thread for August 28

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 28, 2010
Sparkler/sandwich artist kaileyjo took a summer pottery class and produced this miracle of modern science: a clay BLT. Is it an artistic triumph worthy of a permanent spot in the Louvre? Uh, YES.... More  →
Open Thread for August 28

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 27, 2010
ATTENTION, EVERYONE! Attention Sparklers, and manklers, and frogs! Attention Boo Radley, Aunt Lena, and hogs! And yayers and nayers, and creepy soothsayers, and flies on the wall, and slugs in the hall, and pandas and grandmas, and kittens the size of spotted brown dogs!!! More  →
The Friday Awards

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 10

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 27, 2010
Chapter Ten: Why Didn't I Just Walk Away? Oh Right, Because I'm an Idiot. Bella's Title: Delicate Delicateness Dear Bella Swan-Cullen, You don't know me, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy. You are brilliant and wise, and the way you defy... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 10

Blogging Pride and Prejudice (as if it Were a Teen Novel): Part 1

By Emily WinterAugust 27, 2010
Jane Austen's masterpiece, Pride and Prejudice, looks terrible, and I am going to cross my arms and scowl until—what's that you say? If I don't read it, I'll get fired?!? Well then, Jane Austen's masterpiece, Pride and Prejudice, looks terrific, like a beautiful literary blanket... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice (as if it Were a Teen Novel): Part 1

The Next Big Thing (or: What To Obsess Over When You're Tired of Twilight)

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 27, 2010
Because the people of the world are fickle wafflers who can't make up their minds, the general public is constantly on the lookout for the next big thing. Like, right now, everyone loves shapeshifting werewolves with six-pack abs and emotionally abusive vampires who glitter like... More  →
The Next Big Thing (or: What To Obsess Over When You're Tired of Twilight)

A Day in the Life at AwesomeMath Camp

By ContributorAugust 27, 2010
20 girls and 100 boys?! Are you sure this isn't Reverse SparkLife Camp, sk8bird? —Sparkitors I'm in the middle of a three week camp called AwesomeMath, so I thought I'd try writing a post (despite the fact that I'm a math nerd XD).... More  →
A Day in the Life at AwesomeMath Camp

Auntie SparkNotes: Step Away From the Ladymag

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 27, 2010
Auntie's right, Sparklers: it's time to put the magazines away and just shake what yo momma gave ya!—Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, How do I learn to love myself? I have tried to become more confident with myself, specifically my body, but nothing I do seems to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Step Away From the Ladymag