Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 3

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 3, 2010
Today's image was drawn by the epically talented Tigress_118, and may we just say: Harry, you are looking BETTER THAN EVER.... More  →
Open Thread for August 3

My Crush is a Shakespearean Character

By ContributorAugust 2, 2010
Sorry, madra_allta, but we'll always love Romeo—as long as he's played by Leonardo DiCaprio, that is.—Sparkitors To most people, Shakespeare means one of two things: He's the most horrifying literary burden a student could ever imagine: his books... More  →
My Crush is a Shakespearean Character

Technology That Shouldn't Exist

iplayharp, you just might be on the right track about technology taking over our lives—but that doesn't mean we're giving up our GPS. DEATH FIRST.—Sparkitors

Let’s just get this out

... More  →
Technology That Shouldn't Exist

Diary of a High School Freshman: Smiles, Hopes, and Pierced Eyelids

GirlWhoWrites was a homeschooler who's about to start her freshman year at a public high school. Luckily, she's got a secret weapon: an enormous sarcasm hand. —Sparkitors Dear Diary, When someone recently asked me "What are you looking forward to in high school?," my response... More  →
Diary of a High School Freshman: Smiles, Hopes, and Pierced Eyelids

Auntie SparkNotes: An Enormous Problem of Teeny Proportions

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 2, 2010
Auntie, your comebacks are CHOICE.—Sparkitors Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I've always been pretty short for my age as a result of taking medicine that has stunted my growth. I am now entering my junior year in high school as a 4 foot 8 inch tall 16... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: An Enormous Problem of Teeny Proportions

QUIZINATOR: Umbridge is a Playa-Hater (aka HP Part 6)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 2, 2010
There's no denying that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix introduces one of the most malicious, insufferable characters in all of fiction: Professor Dolores Umbridge. Rarely has an imaginary person filled us with such fury and loathing—Lucius Malfoy looks like a charitable aid... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Umbridge is a Playa-Hater (aka HP Part 6)

How to Deal With Unexpected First Date Questions

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 2, 2010
First dates are nerve-wracking. You most likely bring a mental list of questions and topics to bring up in case the conversation lulls. (Maybe you've even got an actual list, which is great, but we don't recommend you take it out and refer to it... More  →
How to Deal With Unexpected First Date Questions

The National Honor Society Is Trying to Take Over the World!

LOL LOL LOL times a million, 11ksande! —Sparkitors NHS, or the National Honor Society, is an elite club in most American high schools. It inducts only the most involved, scholarly, amiable people, and together they strive to better themselves and the school through community... More  →
The National Honor Society Is Trying to Take Over the World!

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 2, 2010
The first thing that came to mind when we saw this photograph (submitted by laxchicscore96) was spit-covered marshmallows. Why? CHUBBY BUNNY!! Right?! Hello? Guys? Please tell us you know what we're talking about. The game? Where you stuff as many marshmallows as possible... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

My Crush Is an Evil Murderer

mega_mega9, this ed's crush is NOT an evil murderer. Does that make her weird? —Sparkitor What can I say? I like my bad boys as much as the next girl does. And you’re not much of a bad boy unless you’ve murdered a... More  →
My Crush Is an Evil Murderer