Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for June 28

By SparkLifeJune 28, 2011

I Wish I Was In Dublin submitted this sweet birthday pic for her pal Don'tWorryBeHappy. We're a little late in publishing it, but better late than never, right? Happy Belated B-day!

... More  →
Open Thread for June 28

How to Love the Beach as a Non-Beach Lover

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 27, 2011
In this world, there are two kinds of people: mountain people (not to be confused with hillbillies) and beach people. I am a mountain person. Which doesn't mean that I don't like the beach or that I won't invite myself to a friend's... More  →
How to Love the Beach as a Non-Beach Lover

Auntie SparkNotes: Un-Drunk Dad

By kat_rosenfieldJune 27, 2011
Dear Auntie, So, I was reading through your posts when I came across some quotes of yours... or more specifically, this quote: "And you certainly do not, under any circumstances, owe a second chance to someone who's hurt you in the past." You said this in... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Un-Drunk Dad

Famous Writers in Their Bathing Suits

By Miss MarmJune 27, 2011
Two words: hubba hubba. I had no idea Anne Sexton was such a knockout. Her bod is as hot as her confessional poetry! And even lumpy Virginia Woolf looks stylish in that striped romper. With the addition of complicated sandals and Ray-Bans, she'd be ready to bar-hop... More  →
Famous Writers in Their Bathing Suits

11 Reasons to Roller Skate

By ContributorJune 27, 2011
Dumblydorr wants you to get off your butt and strap wheels to your feet. It's a dangerous idea, and we fully support it.—Sparkitors Bored with summer already? Looking for a really cool activity that doesn't involve rewatching Doctor Who... More  →
11 Reasons to Roller Skate

Blogging The Naked Roommate

Our prom blogger Faye is now getting ready for college with the the help of the ultimate college guide, THE NAKED ROOMMATE by Harlan Cohen. Enjoy her new blog! —Sparkitors It’s summer! That means waking up at noon, going to the beach, getting ready... More  →
Blogging The Naked Roommate

The World Needs More Mermaids. (Yes, Mermaids.)

FaylinnNorse is president of the Mermaid Fan Club. She is also Vice President, and Treasurer. And Secretary General.—Sparkitors I'm writing order to bring up what I feel is a very important issue: mermaids. You're probably giving me weird looks right... More  →
The World Needs More Mermaids. (Yes, Mermaids.)

Why I'm Episcopalian and Proud of It!

CrazyWriter17 celebrates her religion, with a little help from her friend Robin Williams. –Sparkitors Religion is a tricky subject. All around me, more and more people are declaring themselves atheists. I can definitely see why: almost every day on TV, you can see some... More  →
Why I'm Episcopalian and Proud of It!

How to Tell a Good Band From a Bad One

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 27, 2011
So you're standing in the music aisle, staring at the brand new CD wrapped in shiny plastic. Scratch that. You're sitting at your laptop, staring at an image of the cover art to a digital album on iTunes. One question runs through your mind. Should... More  →
How to Tell a Good Band From a Bad One

How Not To Hate Your Siblings

TanTanTheLadiesMan brings his legendary wisdom to the sibling front.—Sparkitors If you've got brothers or sisters, I can pretty much guarantee that at one point, you've dropped to your knees, shaken your fists at the heavens, and screamed furiously into... More  →
How Not To Hate Your Siblings