Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: My Mom Is an Evil Fairy... Who Won't Let Me Date

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 4, 2009
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, So, me and this guy really like each other. That's not the problem. The problem is my mom. She seems to have this big issue with me dating in high school. I think it's a combination of her hating the whore-ish high school... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Mom Is an Evil Fairy... Who Won't Let Me Date

December Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 3, 2009
It's the last month of the year. Will it be a good time, a bad time, or pretty much the same as last month, but slightly colder? Read on to learn the truth… Aries (March 21 – April 19) When typing, use your pinkies more. No one... More  →
December Horoscopes

Six Ways to Walk the Line

By Ashley SpencerDecember 3, 2009
Is prison so different from high school? People in jail find all kinds of ways to entertain themselves. They do crossword puzzles, they make Batman-inspired escape tools, and they carve their names in their cells. Similarly, you can't go a day without Sudoku, your lock-picking... More  →
Six Ways to Walk the Line

The Best Christmas Albums

By ContributorDecember 3, 2009
Sparkler africanstardust knows that a lot of Christmas tunes are yucky in the extreme, so she came up with these great alternatives! —SparkNotes editors If you’re completely disillusioned with holiday albums, or maybe just with the Trans Siberian Orchestra (I mean, my... More  →
The Best Christmas Albums

Get to Third Base with Edgar Allan Poe!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 3, 2009
Um...wait, that came out wrong. What we meant to say is: literary-minded shirtmaker Novel-T has released a lineup of baseball jerseys that feature the names of authors and literary characters (instead of, like, actual baseball players). If you've ever wondered which infield position Hester... More  →
Get to Third Base with Edgar Allan Poe!

Casting Call: A Guide to Auditioning for the School Play, Part 2

By ContributorDecember 3, 2009
Sparkler Sappranoconda says she's seen some tragic school play auditions lately, and wanted to add to her previous post, A Guide to Auditioning for the School Play. We hope it helps! —SparkNotes editors You've read my last fabulous article and picked up... More  →
Casting Call: A Guide to Auditioning for the School Play, Part 2

Blogging Eclipse: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 3, 2009
Chapter Four: Nature Better Title: (Read in sing-song manner) Bella and Jacob Sitting By the Sea….N-O-T (SPACE) K-I-S-S-I-N-G If this book were a bowl of Lucky Charms, this chapter would be the oddly-shaped bits of cereal that no one really likes, and that only exist because people... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 4

Reading While Tired

By laura_buchholzDecember 2, 2009
Warning: reading while tired is proven to be a dangerously ineffective way to study. Reading while tired can lead to confusion, bookmark stasis, facial bruising, and paper cuts on your eyebrow. The following essay is a re-enactment showing what might happen if you try... More  →
Reading While Tired

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterDecember 2, 2009
This week's Awesome Thing was submitted by Sparkler PB_and_Jenni, and it may haunt your dreams. That's right, PB_and_Jenni sent it to us because it's "incredibly creepy." We totally agree. In fact, we're throwing out all the pencils in the office. From now on, we'll... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

My Crush is Dead

By ContributorDecember 2, 2009
We applaud wildegirl55's willingness to profess her love. It's just too bad her crushes can't respond! —SparkNotes editors Have you ever thought about having a romantic relationship with a dead person? Not even once? Come on, you know how it starts: You're trying to... More  →
My Crush is Dead