Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 26

By EmmaSeptember 26, 2010
We're so jealous of MarauderPrincess's desktop. Ours is a big dumb jumble of icons and sticky notes that say things like "Do some work for a change" and "things to remember about Mockingjay: 1) hot dogs 2) sad Peeta" and "DON'T FORGET TO... More  →
Open Thread for September 26

Open Thread for September 25

By EmmaSeptember 25, 2010
FACT: these mushrooms from flyergirl13's backyard are magical. QUESTION: but what kind of magical? We hope the kind that gives you round-the-clock spearmint breath, a bottomless supply of witty comebacks, and the constant sensation that you've just woken up from 12 hours of dreamless... More  →
Open Thread for September 25

The 5 Types of Homecoming Date

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 24, 2010
Homecoming: An awesome night of romance and laughter, or an awkward evening full of ill-conceived bathroom-window escapes? Depends on your DJ, your dress, and whether or not the school got the smell of lacrosse practice out of the gym before they threw up a few... More  →
The 5 Types of Homecoming Date

Five Legit Ways to Feel Great About Yourself

By ContributorSeptember 24, 2010
Thanks for this post, kantika—looks like everybody's gonna need it after today's Friwards announcement!—Sparkitors It's happened to everyone: the really bad day. You don’t want to do anything but stay in bed and mope, but you force yourself to get dressed for school.... More  →
Five Legit Ways to Feel Great About Yourself

The Friday Awards: All Good Things Must Come To An End

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 24, 2010
Once upon a time, a lonely blonde blog editor named Emma sat at her desk, trying to create a refuge for clever and curious teens. She found Dan Bergstein and Auntie SparkNotes, and soon, dozens of kids started reading SparkLife. And she thanked... More  →
The Friday Awards: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Auntie SparkNotes: When Awesome Sibs Make Awful SOs

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 24, 2010
Before we head into today's column, we've got a short, sad shout-out to make: some of our Sparklers tragically lost their wonderful cheerleading coach, Mrs. Tina, to a sudden heart attack yesterday. So RHS students, this one's for you. We're sorry for your loss. Dear Auntie, My... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Awesome Sibs Make Awful SOs

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2A!

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
11ksande is a thinkin' man. And by "man" we mean "female," and by "thinkin'," we mean "she took our advice and put bologna in her ears before voting on a SparkNotes flag because we told you that nothing gets those brain juices flowing... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2A!

My Crush is a Latin Textbook Character

By ContributorSeptember 24, 2010
Lydia, you've introduced us to a whole new chapter of crushes! Get it? Chapters? Books? Is anyone laughing? We'll stop now. —Sparkitors

Textbooks are considered boring by almost everyone. I can pretty much promise you that reading The

... More  →
My Crush is a Latin Textbook Character

Open Thread for September 24

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
This ed isn't even a cat person, but this little guy is just too adorable not to love. lynnieboo34 says... This is my kitty, Tunes. And I know some people hate cats, but I shall give you reasons NOT to hate my cat. 1. His... More  →
Open Thread for September 24

A Day in the Life of a Professional Musician

By ContributorSeptember 23, 2010
Zoe Dee, your life is so cool! Let us know when you guys get a gig in New York!—Sparkitors As a teenager, it's normal to work at a grocery store, the mall, or your dad’s law firm. When I... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Professional Musician