Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for September 12

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 12, 2011
We've never really understood the appeal behind Tom Waits—so we're going to let Allison explain. This is Tom Waits. He is kind of old, but if he wasn't, I would marry him. He's a songwriter...who is amazing. Say what you want about... More  →
Open Thread for September 12

Open Thread for September 11

By SparkLifeSeptember 11, 2011
Melian24 sent us this picture. It seems like a good one for September... More  →
Open Thread for September 11

Open Thread for September 10

By SparkLifeSeptember 10, 2011
Not only is alexsarcastic221 a deeply talented artist, she's also a mind reader! What’s this glorious drawing?! I can barely lay my eyes upon its unparalleled beauty! Is probably what you’re thinking right now. Well this is Dan Bergstein and I on our wedding... More  →
Open Thread for September 10

Auntie SparkNotes: The Great Big Guide To College Socializing

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 9, 2011
Every single college freshman in the world is REQUIRED to read this post. Thank you. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, So I'm headed off to college in a couple of weeks, and I'm getting extremely anxious. I chose a college that was very, very far away from home on... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Great Big Guide To College Socializing

Dealing With a Backhanded Compliment

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 9, 2011
Life is a lot smoother if you master a few social tricks—the helpful little shortcuts humankind uses to keep things flowing. These skillz can save face and keep your ego intact, so use them wisely, and become the social ninja you're destined to be.... More  →
Dealing With a Backhanded Compliment

Help This Sparkler With Her College Application Essay: In-between-dia!

By ContributorSeptember 9, 2011

starstruckme's family moved from America to India in 2004. This is essay about her split childhood is for the diversity prompt on the Common Application. Can you help her edit it?  —Sparkitors

In-between-dia

‘India’ begins with the descent down the stairs leading... More  →
Help This Sparkler With Her College Application Essay: In-between-dia!

Grouchy Rabbits (Who Knew Rodents Were So Smart?)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 9, 2011
Today's pick is not a video. It is so much more than that. Imagine if I gave you YouTube. That's kind of what today is like, except there are no videos and no bad impressions of Miley Cyrus (so really, it's not much like... More  →
Grouchy Rabbits (Who Knew Rodents Were So Smart?)

For the Musical (And the Detective) In You

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 9, 2011
Because everybody needs to enjoy a musical every now and then, today's playlist, sent in by chabelinni, is made entirely of songs from One Musical. And to make this whole thing more fun, I'm not going to tell you the title of the... More  →
For the Musical (And the Detective) In You

The Last Shorts of Summer

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 9, 2011
My calendar insists that summer isn't really over until September 21st. My calendar is such a liar. Because really, between the chilly nights, the arrival of pumpkin-spiced products at Starbucks, and the fact that every kid in my neighborhood has completely disappeared (or, y'know, gone back to... More  →
The Last Shorts of Summer

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 9, 2011
Chapter Seven: Bagman and Crouch Better Title: Tents The Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry arrive at the Wizard World Cup stadium and proceed to their reserved camping area, where they set up the two tents. Harry is unimpressed at first, and wonders how they will all fit inside... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 3