Search Menu
Menu

We Need a New Intern Approximately RIGHT NOW

By Emily WinterApril 26, 2011
Our fantastic intern Jenny is LEAVING US. This feels just like the day my biological parents stopped the limo on a dirt road outside of Tulsa, opened my door, told me to be a champ, then sped off into the sunny haze, forever. But we're not panicking.... More  →
We Need a New Intern Approximately RIGHT NOW

Brownies! (...and Hot Guys)

By ShivaniApril 26, 2011
I have been particularly self-indulgent this past week, which basically means watching episodes of The Mentalist (Simon Baker is sexy!) and eating brownies. Speaking of The Mentalist, I think it might actually be my favorite TV show, and that is saying something,... More  →
Brownies! (...and Hot Guys)

Stock Photo Face-Off: The Schmexiest Math Teacher Ever

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 26, 2011
In our last edition of Stock Photo Face-Off, we whipped our hair back and forth. After we got out of traction (fun!), we tallied the votes for the most baffling/cringe-inducing/outlandish/eccentric/unusable stock photo of the bunch. The winner was "The Birds! The... More  →

Holding On: Chapter 6

By ContributorApril 26, 2011
willwriteforhearts' story keeps getting better and better!—Sparkitors The house is separated. I’d waken up with the mist, it seemed, because it had steamrolled over our house this morning when I opened my eyes. Mom hadn’t been there; where she’d gone, Nick and I didn’t... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 6

What Does Your Easter-Candy-Eating Style Say About You?

By Lucy HutchinsonApril 26, 2011
You can totally, totally tell your personality from the way you eat Easter candy. We've proven it. If you don't fit one of these categories, you ain't trying hard enough. Savorer: You'll just nibble the ears off one tiny rabbit before breakfast, and save the rest for... More  →
What Does Your Easter-Candy-Eating Style Say About You?

Open Thread for April 26

By Chelsea DaggerApril 26, 2011
SOMEONE WROTE A JINGLE ABOUT US. Yes, it's true: SparkLife is now SO famous that we have our own theme song, authored by the brilliant 'olwhatshername. Here's her story of the moment when inspiration struck: I was on the OT, and a new sparkler... More  →
Open Thread for April 26

You Know You're From Memphis When...

By ContributorApril 25, 2011
minuet_in_g, we've been wanting to visit Memphis for a long time. You may have just convinced us. —Sparkitors Memphis is known for a variety of things: delicious food, blues and rock and roll, and the Civil Rights movement. It’s a Southern city with plenty... More  →
You Know You're From Memphis When...

Auntie SparkNotes: Passion Play

By kat_rosenfieldApril 25, 2011
Dear Auntie, There are two things you need to know about me. One: I love love love to sing. I'm extremely passionate about it -- in choir class I'm a section leader, and I take private voice lessons. Two: I'm a straight-A student, first in my class of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Passion Play

Does Popularity Exist in College?

I’ve found that the social hierarchy of high school kinda crumbles in college. Or maybe that's just the case at my school, which is rather small, and has no Greek system, and isn't sports-centric. But I’d like to think that it’s more universal than that.... More  →
Does Popularity Exist in College?

Blogging The Rules: Meat, Gore, and Mr. Right

Scott-Free (formerly Coffinmaker) is blogging The Rules of dating. In an email to the Sparkitors about his first post he said, "Here it is, like a newborn baby cuddling with its placenta!" We couldn't have put it better ourselves. Hope you like it!... More  →
Blogging The Rules: Meat, Gore, and Mr. Right