Skip over navigation

Pi Day Plus One: Things to Do

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 15, 2010
Because March 14th fell on a Sunday this year, your SparkNotes editors are a little late posting about the wonderful phenomenon that is Pi Day: an annual celebration wherein mathletes from all over the world come together and attempt to out-do each other by More  →
Pi Day Plus One: Things to Do

Open Thread for March 15

By Emily WinterMarch 15, 2010
"Beware the ides of March," a soothsayer warned Caesar, according to Shakespeare. Apparently, the ides of March (aka March 15) are still terrifying, because people have been tweeting about it all morning. Even more terrifying is that your editors used to think the line... More  →
Open Thread for March 15

Synchrogirl117's Book Review: The Last Song

By ContributorMarch 12, 2010
Synchrogirl117 is one of our most devoted Sparkler writers, and she's currently in a class where she can read whatever she wants! She's blogging for us about her picks. —SparkNotes editors I picked up The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks a few... More  →
Synchrogirl117's Book Review: The Last Song

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterMarch 12, 2010
Welcome back to The Friday Awards. This is a very special week. You see, we've been getting e-mails from Sparklers who want to nominate other Sparklers for awards, and that got us thinking about just how much award-wielding power we actually have. Even though we... More  →
The Friday Awards

10 Powerhouse (Scrabble) Words

By Katie_RolnickMarch 12, 2010
If you've ever played Scrabble (and we're guessing you have), you might have run into The Scrabble Beast—that person who has memorized words from a Scrabble dictionary so he or she can smash everyone else's scores, even if The Beast has no clue... More  →
10 Powerhouse (Scrabble) Words

A Day in the Life of a College Prep Public Charter School Kid

Sparkler PeoniesAndFlan goes to an actual nerd school?!? Can we go, too? —SparkNotes editors I’ll start out by saying this: I am not an average American teenager, and I do not go to an average high school. I carry a graphing calculator with me... More  →
A Day in the Life of a College Prep Public Charter School Kid

Auntie SparkNotes: Turn Up Your Flirter to Eleven

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 12, 2010
Dear Auntie, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. This guy at school (let's call him Mark), is known to be very flirty. I can't tell the difference between flirting for fun and flirting because you're interested. He's been flirting with me a lot (i.e.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Turn Up Your Flirter to Eleven

Blogging Eclipse: Part 17

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 12, 2010
Chapter Seventeen: Alliance Better Title: Smarty Throws a Party It's party time at the Cullen house as Bella arrives to help get things ready for the graduation jamboree. Edward quickly grabs Bella and kisses her passionately. Uh-oh. That can't be good. Edward never spontaneously locks lips with... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 17

12 Things that Make People Squeal

Sparkler ipebble is a future Squeal Sociologist. We don't know where she'll find a fulltime job, but pebs has a few years to figure it out. —SparkNotes editors My friends were recently discussing what makes people squeal. I decided to find out, and my... More  →
12 Things that Make People Squeal

What It's Like to Live In...Alaska

When it's 50 degrees, we wear sweaters and ski goggles, but for skidoo_chica22, that's tanning weather! —SparkNotes editors When I was in second grade, my class convinced our pen pals that we have pet polar bears, live in igloos, and ride our snowmobiles to... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Alaska