Skip over navigation

Confessions of a Boarding School Transplant

By ContributorOctober 14, 2010
Boarding school…in France? Any chance you attended Beauxbatons, heyjudecharlotte? –Sparkitors What do you think of when you hear “boarding school”? Uber-rich kids, criminal cases, and a glamorous, parent-free world, right? Not quite. Until my senior year, which I’m currently spending in an American... More  →
Confessions of a Boarding School Transplant

In Defense of Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga should totally hire you as her publicist, Zayz! —Sparkitors If you troll YouTube on a regular basis, you know that an increasingly popular fad is to insult people who press the “dislike” button on a video... More  →
 In Defense of Lady Gaga

Do You Remember NaNoWriMo?

If you've never heard of NaNoWriMo, you'd probably assume it has something to do with... robots, maybe? But it totally doesn't! Allow cupcakemichi to explain.—Sparkitors Hi guys and girls! It's October! That means candy, costumes, trick-or-treating, and scaring giving candy to little... More  →
Do You Remember NaNoWriMo?

Surviving a Week Without Glee

These tips could totally save Gleek lives, nerd_alert.—Sparkitors Ah, Glee. What would our Tuesday nights be without you? Each week, we find ourselves in front of our television set with a Hello Kitty microphone and a homemade... More  →
Surviving a Week Without Glee

Almost-Free Image Makeover

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 14, 2010
At some point, everyone has an inner monologue that goes something like this: "Welp, I blew it. I'm never gonna live down [embarrassing incident]. Even if people forget [public clumsiness debacle], they'll never let go of [humiliating wardrobe disaster]. I wish I could just crawl under... More  →
Almost-Free Image Makeover

Cotillion, Demystified

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 14, 2010
When I mentioned cotillion in my exposé on the high school life and times of Kathryn Williams, I raised a few eyebrows. "Cotillion?" said some of you (Emma). "How quaint! We thought that died out sometime after the French Revolution." Nope, nope... More  →
Cotillion, Demystified

Auntie SparkNotes: An Urgent Reply to Faith

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 14, 2010
Yesterday, Sparkler faith_in_absence reported back with some bad news: she'd broken a house rule by staying up late to text her new boyfriend, and her parents responded by taking away her phone, making her quit the cross-country team, and (horrors!) forbidden... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: An Urgent Reply to Faith

Kat's High School Life

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 14, 2010
Kat was a cheerleader in high school! A cheerleader with gum in her hair! —Sparkitors Were you funny? No. Not only that, I was so unfunny that I can't even think of something funny to say about it. Oh, but I was kind of funny looking! I... More  →
Kat's High School Life

Open Thread for October 14

By Emily WinterOctober 14, 2010
But not TOO high! According2Me sent us this most amazing photo of all time. We're going to make it into a bedspread and put it in our Makeout Van, right beside our lava lamps and animal print pillow collection. Oh don't look at us like... More  →

5 Things You Should Never Say to an Avid Reader

By ContributorOctober 13, 2010
Thanks for sharing these rules with the world, Liesline. Readers everywhere owe you one! —Sparkitors All avid readers know that within our elite group, there exists a code that must not be broken. Unfortunately, not everyone is familiar with the rules about die-hard... More  →
5 Things You Should Never Say to an Avid Reader