Skip over navigation

Blogging A Visit From My Cousins

By ContributorAugust 4, 2010
You may say you don't like kids, jtjuvenile, but we think you're a big 'ol softie at heart.—Sparkitors Disclaimer: Unlike most fourteen year old girls, I find drooling toddlers and small kids repulsive. Sorry, but I had to tell you: that background information... More  →
Blogging A Visit From My Cousins

My Crush is Really Old

aroha999, we love you, but HELLO: aren't you forgetting Clint Eastwood?!?—Sparkitors Ah, the 1900s. For a lot of men, these were the best years of their lives. I'm talkin' real men. Men of substance. Men with hot bods and... More  →
My Crush is Really Old

Teaching Mom SparkSlang

GirlWhoWrites writes Diary of a High School Freshman. We think we want her mom to start writing for us, too. —Sparkitors Unless you live under a rock on Mars or are extremely new to SparkNotes, you inevitably will notice that Sparklers have... More  →
Teaching Mom SparkSlang

Auntie SparkNotes: The Moral Can of Worms

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 4, 2010
This question made our brains break out in hives. Good thing Auntie is like hive medicine for brains (sorry, we just got back from a trip, and our metaphors are a bit iffy.) —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, This has been bugging me for the longest time. We had... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Moral Can of Worms

What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 4, 2010
If we know you, Sparklers, and we think we do, you're a bunch of fun and quirky individuals. And there's no better way to show off your fun and quirky individuality than by painting vibrant colors onto the keratin at the ends of... More  →
What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?

Pretty Little Recaps: Episode Nine

By Emily WinterAugust 4, 2010
I'm not going to pretend anymore—I know only boys read this blog. Fellas, some of you dude men were talking about yesterday's episode being the mid-season finale. Like most boys, you're wrong. Next week is the mid-season finale, which means you'll have one more episode... More  →
Pretty Little Recaps: Episode Nine

How NOT to Eat in Front of Your Crush

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 4, 2010
It was during the fish course, when he lifted his head from the half-eaten Arctic char on his plate, a decorative lettuce leaf hanging from the side of his mouth, and reached across the table, gesturing at my filet of sole. "You gonna... More  →
How NOT to Eat in Front of Your Crush

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 4, 2010
If a giant mob of spectacularly coordinated cellphone advertisers doesn't impress you, nothing will. JUST KIDDING. Last week's video may not be the most amazing one we've ever posted, but you still... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

August Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 4, 2010
This month is important. You have only a few short weeks left before school begins. This precious time will be amazing for some, boring for others, and full of spoons for others, because…well, you’ll just need to read on to find out. Aries (March 21 –... More  →
August Horoscopes

Open Thread for August 4

By Emily WinterAugust 4, 2010
Welcome to the bedroom of Ipebble. Wow, look at all those nipples. Erm, we mean, haha, look at the drawings she did! Don't you love those perfect, symmetrical, rock solid buildings? We do, too. We do, too, Sparklers. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for August 4