Skip over navigation

When Friends Fight

By Julie KrautJanuary 20, 2010

When friends feud with one another, we've always found it’s best to let the carnage unfold between the people involved and stay out of it. Piling on will just lead to an emotional pro wrestling match, but without the fun costumes and enthusiastic announcer.... More  →
When Friends Fight

Valedictorian Speech: What Is Said vs. What Is Meant

By Nate DernJanuary 20, 2010
Prepare yourself, Sparklers. It's second semester, which means the end of the school year is practically nigh—especially for those of you with senioritis. And the end of the year can only mean one thing: valedictorian speeches at graduation. (Okay, so the end of the year... More  →
Valedictorian Speech: What Is Said vs. What Is Meant

The Most Adorable Playlist Ever

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2010
Is there anything Sparkler synchrogirl117 can't write about? —SparkNotes editors There are some songs that are just plain adorable. They may not actually be good—in fact, some of them might even be considered obnoxious. But when you listen to them, you can't help but want... More  →
The Most Adorable Playlist Ever

Hey Plastic Face, You're Drooling on Yourself

By Kia WoodJanuary 20, 2010
If you guys have the sometimes-unfortunate habit of keeping up with pop culture, then at this point you’ve probably heard that The Hills' Heidi Montag endured 10 elective plastic surgeries in one day. There’s a whole media blitz about it, with... More  →
Hey Plastic Face, You're Drooling on Yourself

7 Things Guys Don't Want to Hear On a First Date

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2010
We hope Man-kler Coffinmaker didn't amass these tips from personal experience! O_o —SparkNotes editors Everyone knows that on a first date (or any date, for that matter), things can get a little awkward. Conversation will fizzle, cell phones will ring, a man will rush... More  →
7 Things Guys Don't Want to Hear On a First Date

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterJanuary 20, 2010
We needed a good laugh this week, and that's exactly what an anonymous Sparkler delivered to our Awesome Thing inbox. Thanks, anonymous Sparkler; we hope you reveal your identity in the comments! Okay, so do you guys think this vid is as hilarious as we do,... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

And Then He Ate My Face: Adventures in First Kisses

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 20, 2010
When you imagine your first kiss, you probably think about how amazing it will be. You think about who will it be with, what it will feel like, and how the world will suddenly appear slightly blurry around the edges while gushy pop music... More  →
And Then He Ate My Face: Adventures in First Kisses

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to...Auntie SparkNotes

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 20, 2010
Dear Sparklers, In addition to the usual advice-giving (post to come later), today I'm tackling a topic that I really should've addressed ages ago—a topic I was reminded of this week, after one of you nicely jogged my memory: I was wondering, you must get tons of... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to...Auntie SparkNotes

How You Wish Your Parents Would React

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 19, 2010
As the great (and highly insightful) Will Smith once said, "parents just don't understand." They don't get why you stay up late at night IMing. They don't get how stressful school can be. And when parents don't understand something, they tend to get... More  →
How You Wish Your Parents Would React

Auntie SparkNotes: The Unkindest Cut

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 19, 2010
Hi Auntie Sparknotes, I used to have a problem with self-injury. I was going through a rough period at the beginning of junior year and I used to cut myself on my shins and ankles. If you've ever read The Luckiest Girl in the World, the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Unkindest Cut