Skip over navigation

Tips for Summer Play Thespians

By ContributorMarch 16, 2010
Sparkler dramaKTO gets depressed when she finishes a play. We get depressed when we finish a burrito. —SparkNotes editors Now is the time when spring plays end and rehearsals for summer shows begin. This post is for peeps who are novices. If you are... More  →
Tips for Summer Play Thespians

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: One Lucky Working Girl

By Ashley SpencerMarch 16, 2010
Unexpected things can come up out of nowhere, like an unwelcome zit on a usually-perfect nose, causing dramatics and disaster. My zit of the week came in the form of a dead car. The first days of my internship breezed by in a chaotic whirlwind. I... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: One Lucky Working Girl

Top 10 Cinema Sidekicks

We recently saw the rich guy from Pretty in Pink when we were getting lunch across the street. He looked really serious, and we didn't like his shirt. We agree with Woktaker—Duckie's better. —SparkNotes editors The other day I was bored and staring at... More  →
Top 10 Cinema Sidekicks

How to Conquer Boredom While in the Hospital

Sparkler penguins_quack recently spent some time in the hospital. We hope her recovery is going well! —SparkNotes editors I was recently hit by a truck and only just got out of hospital. Okay, I didn't quite get hit by a truck, but pretty much.... More  →
How to Conquer Boredom While in the Hospital

Odd Collections

By Robert IsenbergMarch 16, 2010
Some people collect stamps. Some collect buttons and thimbles. And at least one person collects...airplane sickness bags? By definition, collectors are pretty obsessive people, but the objects of their affection are infinitely diverse. Here are some of the odder collections we've encountered: Pianos: Before there was More  →
Odd Collections

Rejected Prom Themes

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 16, 2010
We hacked into the mainframe of the highly confidential National Prom Theme Database and found these gems. It’s a crying shame they haven’t been put to use. Here’s hoping #13 makes an appearance at the high school dance of your dreams. Rejected Prom Themes: 1. The War... More  →
Rejected Prom Themes

Fake 'n' Break

By Kia WoodMarch 16, 2010
It’s nearly spring break. While all the "cool kids" are running off to Cancun and coming back with an ugly head full of braids, some of us will have to while away a week or two at the lowly “Mi Casa Resort and Spa.” If... More  →
Fake 'n' Break

Happy Birthday, Auntie SparkNotes!!!

By EmmaMarch 16, 2010
Sparklers, today is the second-most delightful day of the year (right behind Pi Day): AUNTIE SPARKNOTES' aka KAT ROSENFIELD'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! We love Auntie SparkNotes for so many reasons. Here are the top 10: 1. She's hilarious 2. She invented the googly-eyed maniac 3. She gives... More  →
Happy Birthday, Auntie SparkNotes!!!

Open Thread for March 16

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2010
This fresh water stingray is named Hoover, and belongs to Sparkler Dominio77. A pet stingray?!?!? Scary! Doms, does Hoover let you feel his velvety soft underside, or tickle your scalp by playfully sucking up some of your hair, or... you know what? We think... More  →
Open Thread for March 16

What It's Like to Live In...Hampshire, England

By ContributorMarch 15, 2010
rosefan42, we ARE SO gonna marry Prince William! You're mean! * runs away crying* —SparkNotes editors As American people (or maybe just those Americans who Sparkle and/or post to MLIA and/or are shown in Love Actually) are pretty obsessed with all things British, I... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Hampshire, England