Skip over navigation
Menu

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 23, 2011
All right, I am officially even MORE impressed with Daniel Radcliffe. Not only is he Harry Potter, not only is he really funny, not only does he know who Tom Lehrer is, but he actually knows all the elements of the periodic table. Keep breathing... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 23, 2011
Today's playlist can be called... The Essential (read: All The Songs I Know By) Jason Munday. Thanks, mystery Sparkler. 1. "California Dorks" 2. "Endless Roads" 3. "In Circles" 4. "Feel The Song" 5. "I'll See Her There" 6. "Some Imagination" 7. "Ready for... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Open Thread for March 23

By Emily WinterMarch 23, 2011
This is SkaterGirl95's hairless cat, Rex. Yep. Okay. Move along. Nothing to see here. You have questions? Well, I suppose we can take one. Go head. Yes, you, with your hand up. OKAY, YOU GOT US. WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS IS REAL.... More  →
Open Thread for March 23

The Best Skin Goops and Glops

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 22, 2011
The lovely Miss Marm has asked for a post on the best face goops and glops as an adjunct to our slideshow on getting shamazing skin before prom. She swears it's not because she's about to become Mrs. Marm and wants the advice... More  →
The Best Skin Goops and Glops

How To Escape a Terrible First Date

By Rachel KorowitzMarch 22, 2011
It started off badly: he showed up at your door, asked you for $30, and told you to sit in the back of the car because the "front seat is for winners only. NON-NEGOTIABLE." It got worse: his "chaper-mom-e" proceeded to do that weird lick-her-palm-and-plaster-down-his hair... More  →
How To Escape a Terrible First Date

In Defense of "Friday"... Sort of

By ContributorMarch 22, 2011
enelligurl007 is a brave Sparkler. A brave Sparkler with a point, maybe? —Sparkitors Everyone can pretty much agree that "Friday" by Rebecca Black is a pretty awful song that should probably have never been written, or even thought of. But since it... More  →
In Defense of "Friday"... Sort of

The Hit List: Anberlin

Metalhead865 is quickly becoming our go-to Mankler music expert!—Sparkitors When you think alternative rock, you probably think of bands like Green Day, Weezer, the Foo Fighters, and the White Stripes. When I think alternative rock, I automatically think of Florida fivesome Anberlin. Formed... More  →
The Hit List: Anberlin

Cooking with Shivani: Vegan Mac and Cheese

By ShivaniMarch 22, 2011
Shivani feeds fake cheese to her vegan pals. Now THAT'S friendship. —Sparkitors In the history of awful weeks, this one was pretty high on the list for me and my friends. Two of them got rejected from top choice colleges, another fell asleep while chewing gum... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Vegan Mac and Cheese

Unwhole: Chapter 21

In the last chapter of Darklite808's book, Caleb was still battling Kundo, and Kevin and Dee were unconscious. —Sparkitors Caleb closed his eyes against the smoke and soot, and when he opened them a groan escaped his lips. In front of him stood two... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 21

Are You Bored, Dull, and Woefully Uninformed? NOT ANYMORE.

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 22, 2011
So Chelsea Dagger was reclining in her beanbag chair and practicing her one-man play (tentatively titled "You May Call Me The Waffler") when she was struck by a brilliant idea: why not give you incorrigible Sparkleheads something impossibly exciting to read? Of course, "impossibly exciting"... More  →
Are You Bored, Dull, and Woefully Uninformed? NOT ANYMORE.