Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 28, 2010
xPurpleElephants sent in this photo of Ellie, her ferret, and we just HAD to post it. Come on: it's a small furry animal in a HAMMOCK! We'd like to imagine that this tiny  ball of fuzz lives in the... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

QUIZINATOR: Will the Real Harry Potter Please Stand Up? Part Deux

A thorough examination of last week’s Quizinator results has led to several very important revelations: 1. Monkfishes are still gross. Maybe even grosser than ever before. 2. You are all in the midst of a very serious identity crisis, and we find that... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Will the Real Harry Potter Please Stand Up? Part Deux

A Day in the Life of a Second-Generation Indian (in American Public School)

By ContributorJune 28, 2010
Not only did deepshikha_elric write an amazing A Day in the Life post, she introduced us to TMDL! —Sparkitors I've been seeing all this A Day in the Life of posts, and I keep wondering, where is the representation of us Indian... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Second-Generation Indian (in American Public School)

Open Thread for June 28

HEY. YOU GUYS. WANT TO SEE SOMETHING SUPER COOL? No, I'm not talking about this photograph of a lego mountain built by ESKan's little brother. I'm talking about a brand new series on Test Prep called The Think Tank, a... More  →
Open Thread for June 28

Open Thread for June 27

By EmmaJune 27, 2010
Not only does neomaxizoomdwbi take great pictures, but apparently she can play Apples to Apples without getting into a sobbing, yelling fight with her friends. Anycheezits, she writes: My friends and I were playing Apples to Apples, and the adjective was "cool." One of... More  →
Open Thread for June 27

Open Thread for June 26

By EmmaJune 26, 2010
From alsailor44: This is my dog, Russell. He like to bury himself under pillows, and sit on top of them too. (He is so strange!) His picture is in the attachment, because my computer is being dumb. Our computer is being dumb, too. And we... More  →
Open Thread for June 26

20 Failed SparkLife Post Ideas

By kat_rosenfieldJune 25, 2010
If you've been hanging around our little corner of the internet for awhile, you probably know that your SparkNotes editors work very hard—often to the point of NEAR DEATH—to bring you hilarious original content like Blogging Twilight, Cute Things of the Week, definitive... More  →
20 Failed SparkLife Post Ideas

A Day in the Life of Soon-To-Graduate High School Senior

By ContributorJune 25, 2010
Congrats on (almost) graduating, NickDH! —Sparkitors Here's what life is like between the end of High School classes and formal graduation. 6 am: Roll over once in memory of having to get up this early. 9:30 am: Wake up to the sound... More  →
A Day in the Life of  Soon-To-Graduate High School Senior

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJune 25, 2010
Last Friday, this ed went home and locked herself in her broom-closet-sized office so she could finally finally finally get some writing done. Instead, she ended up checking the Friwards comments incessantly, and trying and failing to... More  →
The Friday Awards

Six Flags Great Adventure: The Happening

By Rachel KorowitzJune 25, 2010
Recently, the Sparkitors sent me (along with Boyfriend) to Six Flags Great Adventure. It is my pleasure to provide you with this time-stamped recap of that fateful, glorious Saturday. 8:03am: Call New Jersey Transit to check that the bus route we've chosen... More  →
Six Flags Great Adventure: The Happening <span class='sponsor_tag'>(sponsored)</span>