Skip over navigation

Two Reasons We're Getting Back Together with MTV

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 12, 2010
Dear MTV, It's been a few years since you've actually been what your name professes: music television. That's OK. That's why we have Pandora. Let us be the first to say that we liked your programming over the years. You had us... More  →
Two Reasons We're Getting Back Together with MTV

8 Reasons to Love Milk

By ContributorOctober 12, 2010
flyergirl13's post is going spur a feud to rival the great Milk Controversy of 1897. Yeah, we said it. —Sparkitors I just recently read 8 Reasons to Hate Milk, and I have to say: I'm appalled. Milk is to be praised,... More  →
8 Reasons to Love Milk

The Tuesday Awards! (From Friday)

We sat at our desks all day Friday wondering where the Friday Awards were. We still don't know what happened to them (Gary ate 'em?), but we DO know that the Hilarity Award Distribution Society worked really hard to put this batch of awards from... More  →
The Tuesday Awards! (From Friday)

6 Reasons Why My High School Is the Most Ridiculous School on Earth

Jess2895, we can't decide if we should be wheezing with laughter or legitimately concerned. —Sparkitors Lots of people go to schools with a resident crazy math teacher, a weird cafeteria tradition, or an administrator who decided that everyone would be better off if... More  →
 6 Reasons Why My High School Is the Most Ridiculous School on Earth

The Pros and Cons of Owning a DeLorean

You've convinced us, midnight_masquerade. If anybody calls, we'll be at the Futuristic Car Dealership. What, they don't have those in your neighborhood? –Sparkitors Admit it: every time you watch Back to the Future you sit there and think, “Man, wouldn’t it be... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Owning a DeLorean

Glamour Magazine vs. the Sploggers

By Lauren PassellOctober 12, 2010
Happy fall, everyone! The air is getting nippy, your bellies are aching from apple cider over-consumption, and you've already lost 95% of the new back-to-school supplies your mom bought you. And guess what else. The lady magazines are coming at you full force with some... More  →
Glamour Magazine vs. the Sploggers

How to Be Awesome: Morning Edition

The worst part about everything, ever, is that you have to wake up and drag your bleary-eyed self out of bed in order to do it. jgrudzy has the solution.—Sparkitors Nobody likes mornings. At least, no one who is actually a human being likes... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Morning Edition

Video War Round 2: Taio Cruz Vs. Mumford and Sons

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 12, 2010
You Sparklers seem to like this new series as much as Chelsea Dagger likes 60 cent vending machine Devil Dogs, and that, friends, is QUITE A LOT. You came out en masse last week to speak your minds about an "indie" fave and... More  →
Video War Round 2: Taio Cruz Vs. Mumford and Sons

Moneymaking Schemes

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 12, 2010
Most high school students are not exactly swimming in spare cash (in a giant vault, a la Scrooge McDuck), but that doesn't mean you can't be. Do you have any idea how many successful entrepreneurs got their start in high school? Well, we don't, but... More  →
Moneymaking Schemes

Open Thread for October 12

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 12, 2010
Today's OT is a super-special birthday shout-out from long-time Sparkler Amarantha to her little sis, Amarantha's_Sister. Amarantha sent in this great photo and the following story: My sister and I went to a town in Minnesota,... More  →
Open Thread for October 12