Skip over navigation

Ways Your Body Ruins Everything

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 8, 2011
Your body is pretty good at some stuff, such as developing from a baby into an adult, moving around on two legs, and converting a taco into life-sustaining energy. Unfortunately, it's also pretty stupid, in that it doesn't understand exactly what you want it to... More  →
Ways Your Body Ruins Everything

The Best Inspirational Web Sites

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2011
DrakeObsessor has the perfect cure for your bad-day blues.—Sparkitors Have you ever had one of those days where it’s raining, your AP World teacher gave a pop quiz, and you missed the bus home?  You have?  Well,... More  →
The Best Inspirational Web Sites

Unwhole: Chapter 8

We can't believe how gripping Darklite808's book is! We can't read it fast enough. —Sparkitors The second I opened my eyes, I thought I was on fire. It was dim, but still the light burned my eyes. Pain radiated through my body. My head... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 8

One Year, 100 Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray

We've never felt the need to read this classic, but Lonks' rave review gave us a reason enough to check it out!—Sparkitors Book #9: The Picture of Dorian Gray Author: Oscar Wilde Quote: I am so glad you have never done... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2011
The gummy bear torture chamber. The Gummy Bear Torture Chamber. The GUMMY BEAR TORTURE CHAMBER. Seriously, it just sounds epic. Anyway, watch this, and learn how to use chemistry to make a gummy bear explode. Awesome. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com! (Extra awesome points if... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Be an Evil Genius

flyergirl sure knows a lot about being a successful bad guy. Should we be worried?—Sparkitors There’s a reason that the villains in the movies never win: they all make the same stupid mistakes. You’d think they would have learned after that... More  →
Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Be an Evil Genius

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2011
Today's playlist shall remain nameless, as will the Sparkler who created it. "Baby Grand" by Billy Joel ft. Ray Charles "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" by The Beatles "Autumn Leaves" by Eric Clapton "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" by Elton John "Suicide (Unreleased)"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Video War: Foals Vs. Duffy

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 8, 2011
Sometimes, you've just got to let the music speak for itself—especially when you can't think of anything even remotely witty to say about Willow "Whiplash" Smith and her swarthy competition, Mumford and (His Exceptionally Good-Lookin') Sons. So without any further gilding of the lily (yes,... More  →
Video War: Foals Vs. Duffy

Eating in Dakar, Senegal

Naala_Senegal sells us on the wonders of salty, spicy, ricey Senegalese food! –Sparkitors Hi, everybody! *waves excitedly* As you may have guessed from my username, I live in Senegal. To save you the trouble of asking where Senegal is, I’m going to show... More  →
Eating in Dakar, Senegal

Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: Part 4

BingoTheAwesome, this is one of the most powerful and inspiring posts we've ever read. We're so honored that you shared it with us!—Sparkitors

So here's the thing. For the past few blogs—from the very beginning, actually—I've... More  →
Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: Part 4