Skip over navigation

Open Thread for November 9

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 9, 2010
SuperNinjaQueen sent us these truly awesomesauce "homage to Auntie SparkNotes" sketches, and we're just a little bit obsessed with them. But really, can you blame us? No. You... More  →

Send Us Your Fashion Posts!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 8, 2010
Hi, Sparklers! It's me, jgrudzy (the awesome one)! Instead of sitting at home on my laptop writing this post, I'm sitting at a desk in the middle of the SparkNotes building. Why? Because today is my first day as an intern for SparkNotes!... More  →
Send Us Your Fashion Posts!

Boots We Want NOW!!!

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 8, 2010
If we can do our own small part to put the final nail in the coffin of Uggs, we will consider our existence here on this earth a success.* We consider our investment in the following boots the first step. You can thank... More  →
Boots We Want NOW!!!

Blogging My Boy Diet: I Do NOT Care About the Hot Drummer

By ContributorNovember 8, 2010
In her second installment, Talie tells her friends and family about her boy diet—and wonders if she can last another week. —Sparkitors Due to this newly commenced boy fast, I've had to make some drastic changes in my life, such as not asking about... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: I Do NOT Care About the Hot Drummer

The AP Rubric of Death

SharkThief's got insider advice about understanding the AP scoring rubric—and trust us, you're gonna want to read it. —Sparkitors Advanced Placement. Those two words strike terror into the hearts of countless students and leave them cowering behind their textbooks... More  →

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 1

wakwy is taking on Puritan romance (kinda) The Scarlet Letter. Take it away, wakwy! –Sparkitors First off, I’d like to say that, by blogging a literary classic, I am in no way trying to imitate the illustrious Dan Bergstein’s fabulous insights on the More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 1

Application Essay: Terrible Twilight

By Miss MarmNovember 8, 2010
Miss_Legit has a legit gripe with Twilight, and she doesn't care who knows it.

Question: Identify a significant global problem, issue or event which has appeared recently in major newspapers and about which you feel strongly.

... More  →
Application Essay: Terrible Twilight

14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

By Lauren PassellNovember 8, 2010
In a perfect world, you would be able to eat whatever you want in front of your crush (or anyone you're trying to impress) without worries of being judged or projectile vomiting into his front pocket. But let's get real: Raisins look like rabbit poop,... More  →
14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

Auntie SparkNotes: The Gift That Keeps On Skeeving

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 8, 2010
Presents are the best thing ever—except when they're the most awkward thing ever. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, This is a pretty minor problem, but I'd really appreciate your help because I feel quite embarrassed bringing it up to my friends! You see, on my birthday I received a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Gift That Keeps On Skeeving

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 8, 2010
It's almost like we're making it TOO easy with this picture, right? You've got a cuddly animal with his head stuck in a bowl and a tiny orange fish who may or may not be alive; if that's not a recipe for hilarious comments, then... More  →