Search Menu
Menu

Interesting Lies To Tell During Ice-Breaker Activities

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 31, 2011
'Sup, collegiates? How have your first few classes been? You've probably had to play those great "gettin'-to-know-each-other" games where you have to describe yourself using an adjective that starts with the same letter as your name, and you suddenly realize you've forgotten what an adjective... More  →
Interesting Lies To Tell During Ice-Breaker Activities

Open Thread for August 31

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 31, 2011
crimsonandclover23 sent us a picture of the most fantastic birthday cake in existence: a Harry Potter Book cake! We'll let her explain... Here's a cure for post-Potter depression. This is the awesome birthday cake from my 12th birthday.  As you can see,... More  →
Open Thread for August 31

Quiz: Which Hipster Instrument Should You Play?

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 30, 2011
WHATever. You've barely even read this, and you're so over it already. Besides, you've got to go back to living in an abandoned mayonnaise factory where you built your own half-pipe for riding your tall bike. Anyway, take this quiz to find out... More  →
Quiz: Which Hipster Instrument Should You Play?

Auntie SparkNotes: Of Mystery Illness and Badgers On Fire

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 30, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, It been almost half a year and I think I'm going crazier than a badger with its butt on fire. My father was laid-off from his job a while back for 'disability', which we had no idea what that meant. This resulted in... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Of Mystery Illness and Badgers On Fire

What To Do If Your Roommate Hates You

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 30, 2011
Every roommate experience takes some tact to navigate, but sometimes you and your roommate are so obviously mismatched that you are more likely to win the Space Olympics—which is not a thing that exists—than you are to finish the semester with both of... More  →
What To Do If Your Roommate Hates You

10 Best Things about Feeling Healthy

By Ashley SpencerAugust 30, 2011
I want to thank all you Sparklers who read about my personal experience losing weight. It’s kind of funny that you found my blogging about squats entertaining. It’s even weird to think I have anything helpful to say about healthy eating and exercise.... More  →
10 Best Things about Feeling Healthy

Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2011
Congratulations, writers; last week's entries were GUT-WRENCHINGLY DEPRESSING. I guess I have no one to blame but myself; I did ask you to write about a brush with death, a prompt which, looking back, didn't really have as much potential for inspiring fart... More  →
Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

The Super Kick-Butt Bootylicious Confidence Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 30, 2011
Taylor sent in this awe-inspiring playlist and was kind enough to give us an explanation! I’ve got a booty. I’ve got thick thighs. And I’ve got hips. I weigh over 110 pounds, over 120, and I’m barley still in the 130’s. Don’t get me wrong—I’m not Super-Size-Me... More  →
The Super Kick-Butt Bootylicious Confidence Playlist

Ask a Teacher: On Spiral-Bound Notebooks

By Mr. TocheAugust 30, 2011
Q: Are there any school supplies that drive you nuts? A: Spiral-bound notebooks. I'm not saying that they're creations of the Devil himself; they're more likely the products of the fevered dreams of the illegitimate offspring of Satan. Seriously, why do these things still exist?  We... More  →
Ask a Teacher: On Spiral-Bound Notebooks

Hermione and the Gangsters

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 30, 2011
I still haven't accepted the fact that Harry Potter is over (which is why I've avoided reading the last book), so I'm tricking myself by watching every Harry Potter-related video out there... and this one was too good not to share. For those of you... More  →
Hermione and the Gangsters