Skip over navigation

Before There Was YouTube, There Were Lobster Magnets

By kat_rosenfieldApril 19, 2010
In the realm of internet time-sucking devices, there are few things more powerful than YouTube. We're willing to bet that you've experienced it firsthand. One minute you're giggling at cat videos, singing along to the musical bizarre-itude of the Trololo guy, and watching "Downfall" parodies... More  →
Before There Was YouTube, There Were Lobster Magnets

My Crush Is a TV Character

By ContributorApril 19, 2010
houseobsessed14 has a thing for television doctors. Can you guys guess which one is her favorite? —SparkNotes editors Here on SparkLife, we've had roughly 50 bajillion of these "crush" posts. I've seen everything from cartoon characters to men old enough to be my father.... More  →
My Crush Is a TV Character

Basic Skills Every Teen Needs to Know

helloimamac is so wise, especially on the topic of slang. When this ed was 13, she said "niner" at least once in every sentence, even though she had no idea what it meant. *shakes head and crawls in a... More  →
Basic Skills Every Teen Needs to Know

Why Phineas and Ferb Is Amazing

The P&F website puts us in a trance. We're obsessed. Thanks, jonanners, for this fantastic blog post! —SparkNotes editors Is there a Sparkler out there who doesn't adore Phineas's triangle-shaped head and Ferb's awesome mechanical skills? The Disney TV series Phineas and... More  →
Why Phineas and Ferb Is Amazing

Auntie SparkNotes: Go Ask Alice

By kat_rosenfieldApril 19, 2010
Well Auntie, I have a question. Basically I am a good kid. I get good grades, I help my parents out, I have a job. But I guess I'm not one of those kids who is a good kid by "not smoking, not drinking, not doing... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Go Ask Alice

Open Thread for April 19

By Emily WinterApril 19, 2010
Ugh, who else has a case of the Mondays? This ed's rainbow train from Brooklyn got stopped for 20 excruciating minutes because of some weird train door problem. The conductor just kept saying, "Uhhhh, I dunno. I dunno what to do." Lucky for us, we've got... More  →
Open Thread for April 19

Open Thread for April 18

By EmmaApril 18, 2010
There's nothing worse than the Sunday night blues, when you're fighting with your friends, the weekend's over, and you're dreading going back to school. But what if your school had an awesome fake wall, like this?? ...OK, Sunday nights would still stink, but not quite as much. A... More  →
Open Thread for April 18

Open Thread for April 17

By EmmaApril 17, 2010
At first we thought this was a picture of a fluffy hamster leaping toward a mountain range. But it turns out to be... A kitty named Sugar! Vingland, who sent in these pics, says, "Sugar feels that petting her is highly a privilege, so if... More  →
Open Thread for April 17

A Guide for Awkward People: How to Make Friends

By ContributorApril 16, 2010
Thanks for the advice, thisistoomuch10. Hopefully none of us will have to resort to your patented "toe-fungus" icebreaker ever again.—SparkNotes editors So everyone has had those moments (or in my case, years) when they're just standing near a group of people like... More  →
A Guide for Awkward People: How to Make Friends

A Day in the Life of an International School Student in Sweden

By ContributorApril 16, 2010
Advanced math. Sub-zero temperatures. Swedish. The metric system!? Something tells us we wouldn't cut it at Ayelet1991's International school.—SparkNotes editors So far, I’ve read about public school students, Catholic school students, and Hebrew school students. But... More  →
A Day in the Life of an International School Student in Sweden