Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for July 11

By SparkLifeJuly 11, 2011
Squee-gee Master sent us the Urban Dictionary definition of SparkNotes, and we've gotta say, it's pretty accurate. Mankind's greatest invention? DEFINITELY—but Harry Potter, Cheez-its, and sweat-wicking underpants all run a close second.... More  →
Open Thread for July 11

Open Thread for July 10

By SparkLifeJuly 10, 2011
We're not gardeners, so we can't say for sure, but we're almost positive these are magical beanstalks covered in four-leaf clovers. Thanks for the pic, Dance.Girl.Sparkle! If you want to see your picture on the interwebs, send it to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for July 10

Open Thread for July 9

By SparkLifeJuly 9, 2011
Looking at this pic from ~too~ makes us feel like mischievous wood nymphs frolicking through the forest while the sun shines on us in a heart shape. Make your Sparkitors feel like mythical creatures: send pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for July 9

Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and FAQs

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 8, 2011
Who loves updates? We love updates! So strap in, sit back, and get ready to hear how some of your favorite letter-writers are faring in the aftermath of all that advice. The girl whose invite to Harry Potter World conflicted with a previous engagement... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and FAQs

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 8, 2011
Chapter Four: The Leaky Cauldron Better Title: Hermione's Parents Hate Her Harry is living the good life as he stays by himself at the Leaky Cauldron. During the day he jaunts about Diagon Alley, looking at all the magical goodies and eating free ice cream. At night... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 2

Seven Crazy Roommates?

By ContributorJuly 8, 2011
Faye's getting ready for college by reading the No. 1 college guide, THE NAKED ROOMMATE. —Sparkitors I’ve always thought that there were two kinds of people in the world—Crazies, and everyone else. You fall into the everyone else category if you can carry on... More  →
Seven Crazy Roommates?

Torn Between Two Lovers!

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 8, 2011
Dear Kat, I'm dating this really wonderful awesome guy who I think I might be totally in love with. I'm in college and live in Utah, a.k.a The Land of Young Marriages. I am NOT getting married any time soon because I'm aware of how young... More  →
Torn Between Two Lovers!

Rachel Bilson's New Show Is Based On My Life!

By Aislinn ShevlinJuly 8, 2011
Okay, that's not really true.  But, her new CW show Hart of Dixie is about a girl moving from New York to Alabama to practice medicine. And I'm a girl who moved from New York to Alabama for college. If I had listened to my dad and... More  →
Rachel Bilson's New Show Is Based On My Life!

This Could Go One of Four Ways...

Talie's got an awkward friend-date coming up! —Sparkitors My summer is moving slower than a snail hitch hiking to France. Which is pretty dang slow, if you think about it. Gah this sucks on SO MANY LEVELS. The last summer before college is supposed to... More  →
This Could Go One of Four Ways...

Everybody Looks Better in a Cowboy Hat

TanTan is back with the newest installment of his brand new column—and ya'll better saddle up, 'cuz it's gonna be a bumpy ride.—Sparkitors Yeehaw! Giddyup all you cowboys and cowgirls, it’s time for the rodeo! Okay, maybe not, but I needed a snazzy sentence to... More  →
Everybody Looks Better in a Cowboy Hat