Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for August 25

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 25, 2011
In honor of Cedric Diggory lovers everywhere, here's a screenshot from jayt919. Hey there Sparkitors, This is a legit, 110% totally awesome screenshot that I took around a year ago. Months ago, they finally got to editing it, so... More  →
Open Thread for August 25

What College Is Like, Pre-College

By ContributorAugust 24, 2011
This past week, my life has been more or less consumed by the Wonderful Sport of Tennis. By this, I mean that ever since the day after I got back to campus, I have had practices from 6:30-8:15 AM, and from 4:00-6:30 PM. The funny... More  →
What College Is Like, Pre-College

Blogging Torchwood: Episode 2

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 24, 2011
Episode 2: "Day One" Gwen and her boyfriend Fabio are bowling. Okay, his name is Rhys, but I bet he wishes it was Fabio. Gwen tells Rhysio all about her new job at Torchwood, except she has to lie spectacularly, because she's not allowed to talk... More  →
Blogging Torchwood: Episode 2

Hipster Gold

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 24, 2011
bowchloe's playlist is full of songs I haven't heard of... I like it! All the tunes are so catchy (though I don't understand the words to almost any of these songs). I have just one question: is "Pumped Up Kicks" really... More  →
Hipster Gold

Common Ikea Injuries

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 24, 2011
With every back-to-school season comes a) an avalanche of Ikea commercials and b) a guarantee that you'll be spending at least one late-August day strolling the aisles with your fam and buying a computer desk named Njørrg. Since Ikea goods are famously DIY, we... More  →
Common Ikea Injuries

Dr. Seuss vs. Shakespeare!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 24, 2011
You have to love this video: Shakespeare and Dr. Seuss battling it out... in rap! It's just awesome. Thanks, Anonymous Sparkler... More  →
Dr. Seuss vs. Shakespeare!

Why Living at Home Is Pretty Awesome

After reading That*One*Asian*Chick's post, we're starting to wish we still lived at home. :/ —Sparkitors I’ve been perusing this site rather enthusiastically over the past few days (alas, my office job is one of those where I just sit and use the... More  →
Why Living at Home Is Pretty Awesome

August Is the Best Month

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 24, 2011
Go blow your nose, February. We have a brand-new favorite month. As much as we enjoyed February, August is even better because it doesn’t have a secret letter R in the middle that only uptight snobs choose to pronounce. Why else is August the... More  →
August Is the Best Month

An Unconventional Love Story

Here's the story of how missmaryquitecontrary got her reading mojo back!—Sparkitors When I read the SparkLife contribution FAQ, I noticed that it specifically mentioned not to submit any sentimental posts about love. But I'm going to take... More  →
An Unconventional Love Story

Makeover: From Nerd to Cool Kid

By ApneetAugust 24, 2011
Will's nerdy look isn't cutting it for fall—he desperately needs a makeover! Here we see him in clothing that doesn't fit quite right. His ill-fitting shirt and high-water pants aren't doing him any favors. Also, there's no color story involved, and the brown mixed wit More  →
Makeover: From Nerd to Cool Kid