Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Girl

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2010
Sparkler KoontzRocks was inspired by the recent post A Day in the Life of a Public School Kid, and wrote her own tale of life at an all-girls school. Enjoy! —Sparknotes editors 6:45 a.m. Owl City blares out of my... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Catholic School Girl

How to Be the Worst Road Trip Partner Ever

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 13, 2010
Nothing is more fun in high school than hitting the open road with your besties. You're Thelma and Louise, Smokey and the Bandit, Britney and that girl from Hustle and Flow. It doesn't matter where... More  →
How to Be the Worst Road Trip Partner Ever

5 Types of School Dance Dances

By Nate DernJanuary 13, 2010
Ah, the school dance! The only school-sanctioned activity where physical contact (other than two-hand touch football in P.E. class) is actually allowed. Whether it's a small Sadie Hawkins fundraiser dance in the gym, or a spectacularly decorated Under The Sea themed Prom in...the gym...school dances... More  →
5 Types of School Dance Dances

Auntie SparkNotes: Witty Comebacks for Malodorous Jerks

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 13, 2010
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I am a sophomore at high school, and right now it's not so great there. These two boys keep on picking on me, trying to embarrass me, then saying I'm awkward when it works, which it always does. They will say things like... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Witty Comebacks for Malodorous Jerks

Blank vs. Blank: A Rivalry Breakdown

By Julie KrautJanuary 13, 2010
Entertainment Weekly recently put Lady Gaga and Ke$ha head to head to see who would win in a female pop icon cage match. It got us thinking about rivalries and how high school is the ultimate breeding ground for them. Here are a... More  →
Blank vs. Blank: A Rivalry Breakdown

5 Cures for Writer's Block

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 13, 2010
It happens to the best of us: You’ve got a paper due in 9 hours, a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel to finish, or a grade-making presentation to write, and the only thing you can manage to type is your name. Is it because you’re a huge... More  →
5 Cures for Writer's Block

The Five Types of Science Fair Students

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 13, 2010
If you've attended school any time between now and, oh, 1950, you're undoubtedly familiar with the unique stench of Science Fair—a noxious odor that's equal parts formaldehyde, Sharpie marker, baking soda... plus a drop or two of screaming terror (invariably, one not-so-science-inclined student realizes that... More  →
The Five Types of Science Fair Students

Pros and Cons of Opening Up Your Frozen Heart to the Ultimate Emo Kid

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 12, 2010
You were first intrigued by that emo guy/girl in your class when you saw his default Facebook picture, which highlights his awesome side-parted hair, apathetic facial expression, and cute non-prescription glasses. You struck up conversations in passing periods, lunch, and if you’re weird, in... More  →
Pros and Cons of Opening Up Your Frozen Heart to the Ultimate Emo Kid

Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Talk About Sex

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 12, 2010
Okay Auntie, here it is: A year ago, I fell in love. I found a boy that really loved me. And well...we got physical. It happened before I thought it would. Growing up, though I never went to a church or anything like that, I always... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Let's Talk About Sex

20 Things to Tell Yourself After a Horror Movie

By Robert IsenbergJanuary 12, 2010
You just saw a horror movie. You came home. You're lying in bed. The lights are out. WHAT WAS THAT?! Just the wind. Okay, keep breathing, stay calm, and consider the following: 1) Serial killers are very uncommon. There are probably only one or two in your entire neighborhood. 2)... More  →
20 Things to Tell Yourself After a Horror Movie