Skip over navigation

Best Commercials of 2009

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 29, 2009
Last month the esteemed editors and editresses at Time magazine named the first ten years of the 21st century "the worst decade ever." Maybe they weren't feelin' fine in 2009, but there was one group of Mad Men who brought it... More  →
Best Commercials of 2009

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: The Spencer Family Vacation and the McDonald's Curse

By Ashley SpencerDecember 29, 2009
It’s 7:15 in the morning, and I am drinking coffee in a plush terrycloth robe on my balcony overlooking the beach. It’s beautiful. I am on vacation in Florida, where I plan on eating lots of fish, drinking lots of daiquiris, and reading lots of... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: The Spencer Family Vacation and the McDonald's Curse

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterDecember 28, 2009
We're not gonna lie, it was quite difficult to find a picture of an ostrich that was both cute and caption-worthy for Sparkler biskvitkaimlyako. Enter random giraffe. Is there such thing as a "love bite"? Because that's what we think is going on here. Look... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009: Posts 100-76

By Emily WinterDecember 28, 2009
It's the last week of 2009, and that means us editors are getting nostalgic for times that were simpler, brighter, happier...like July. In fact, we spent the holiday break reading old SparkLife posts from the past year, and we're super excited to share with you... More  →
Top 100 SparkLife Posts of 2009: Posts 100-76

Four Types of Crazy Teachers

By ContributorDecember 28, 2009
Sparkler Raichuftw says this post was inspired by her insane history teacher, who laughs like a witch, and her amazing math teacher, who makes her mornings fun. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors Everyone has had a crazy teacher at one point in their educational life (and... More  →
Four Types of Crazy Teachers

Inappropriate Songs You Know All the Words to

By ContributorDecember 28, 2009
Sparkler iluvefacetouching recently wrote a post about sketchy Christmas music. But iluvfacetouching reminds us that holiday tunes aren't the only ones that can get a little...raunch-ified. —SparkNotes editors You’re in your car, playing with the radio, and that one song comes on.... More  →
Inappropriate Songs You Know All the Words to

Overcoming the Winter Blahsies

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 26, 2009
Q: What do your faithful Sparklife scribes and Yogi Bear have in common? A: Other than being smarter than your average bear, we both have the natural inclination, when winter comes, to hibernate. As the days grow short and the temperatures drop, we... More  →
Overcoming the Winter Blahsies

Blogging Eclipse: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 25, 2009
Chapter Seven: Unhappy Ending Better Title: Eighteen Pages of Crap Punctuated by Two Pages of Awesome. Dan hesitated at the computer, his breathtaking face unsure how to begin this enchanting blog. "Perhaps I will commence by mocking the opening line of this chapter," Dan muttered quietly. "It... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 7

Merry Christmas, Sparklers!

By EmmaDecember 25, 2009
So far today, your editors have: -- Checked to see if Santa ate the cookies (we are in our 20s) -- Forced our siblings to pose for present-opening candid shots, ignoring sibling cries of, "I haven't showered and I have pillow creases on my face! I HATE... More  →
Merry Christmas, Sparklers!

Chris(tmas) Listens: Smoking, Sexting, and Secret Plastic Surgery

By Chris_DikenDecember 25, 2009
I don’t know about you, but I'm celebrating Christmas. That means dudes in red suits, illuminated trees, fireplaces inside TVs, and boxes upon boxes upon boxes of stuff. This year I didn’t ask for anything except some... More  →
Chris(tmas) Listens: Smoking, Sexting, and Secret Plastic Surgery