Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Gary and His Harem

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 23, 2010
Two things: 1) Until Auntie gets a new computer, we'll have to make do with pictures of dogs wearing glasses. 2) Gary is the best fake name ever! We're visualizing a big gray guy who eats comments for lunch. —SparkNotes editors Hi Auntie: Well, here's the scoop.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Gary and His Harem

9 Ways of Keeping People Out of Your Personal Space

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2010
Standing next to AllisonJY on a crowded bus? Better get off at the next stop. —SparkNotes editors One of the most irritating things in today's world is lack of personal space, particularly where public transport is concerned. People no longer keep a reasonable distance... More  →
9 Ways of Keeping People Out of Your Personal Space

The Official SparkLife High School Olympic Games

By Kia WoodFebruary 23, 2010
What’s better than watching the Olympics? Being in the Olympics! We’re hoping one of you wonderful Sparklers will make it there one day, and that you'll shout us out in your post-competition interview. (“I’d like to thank the writers at SparkLife for keeping me entertained... More  →
The Official SparkLife High School Olympic Games

Open Thread for February 23

By Emily WinterFebruary 23, 2010
Meet Bear. Bear belongs to Sparkler MarauderPrincess, and this is a pic of him when he was just a wee pup. He's about the size of a peanut (more like a puppy-sized mound of peanuts, but still), which makes his name so so... More  →
Open Thread for February 23

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 22, 2010
What's cuter than being cute? Ice cuuuuuute! It's too bad that this doe got caught in a blizzard, but we've heard deer are down with the snow. (Unlike your editors, who've been known to shriek if one single snowflake lands anywhere that's not the top... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Olympic Highlights, Part 3

By ContributorFebruary 22, 2010
Sparkler equestrienne10 says hockey coverage will appear in Wednesday's edition of her highlights series. Thanks again for all this great info, equestrienne10! —SparkNotes editors It’s been a busy weekend in Vancouver—new records, new controversies, and a new gold for Harry... More  →
Olympic Highlights, Part 3

How (Not) to Get a Post Published on SparkLife

MaggieGirl2013 thinks we can be bought! For the record, we do not accept bribes (unless they come in the form of cheese). —SparkNotes editors Ah, SparkLife: the place where nerds like me come to worship, pray, and live. One day, you read something Dan Bergstein... More  →
How (Not) to Get a Post Published on SparkLife

Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Prom Date

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 22, 2010
Note: Due to a computer-related disaster, Auntie is not able to draw a cartoon today (did you know she's the advice-giver AND the artist?? Amazing, no?). Instead, here is picture of her dog wearing a pair of Lolita sunglasses. Normal cartooning will resume soon. Dear Auntie... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Prom Date

Chris Listens: The Ears Rest

By Chris_DikenFebruary 22, 2010
You may have noticed that I’ve been rather scarce around these parts lately. And I apologize for that—I didn’t mean to leave you hanging! The thing is, I’ve been dealing with, you know, stuff. Stuff that would actually make pretty good fodder for Chris Listens: family... More  →
Chris Listens: The Ears Rest

Fashion Trends that Need to Die

Sparkler iplayharp makes some pretty convincing arguments in this fashion post. *nervously hides harem pants under hot pink and brown shoulder pads* —SparkNotes editors Maybe it’s just me, but modern fashion makes absolutely NO sense at all. Look in any issue of Vogue or... More  →
Fashion Trends that Need to Die