Skip over navigation

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterDecember 18, 2009
Have you guys ever heard the song "Digital Get Down"? Every time we write The Friday Awards and check the "Digital" category box, we can't help but sing "Digital Get Down" in our heads. It's kind of a curse, actually, which is why... More  →
The Friday Awards

My Crush Is a Cartoon

By ContributorDecember 18, 2009
Sparkler woktaker, the author of this post, explains her inspiration for this post: "In the comment section of wildegirl55's post about dead people she is in love with, humanoid18 said, 'I don't know. I've never had a... More  →
My Crush Is a Cartoon

Chris Listens: Reading Books, Writing Stories, and Drinking Alcohol

By Chris_DikenDecember 18, 2009
Holy guacamole, there’s only one weekend left before Christmas. That means if you haven't started buying or crafting or donating-in-someone's-name yet, you need to get on it. I recommend seeing how much shopping you can get done without going to the mall—I'm sure... More  →
Chris Listens: Reading Books, Writing Stories, and Drinking Alcohol

Parties for Picky Eaters

By Julie KrautDecember 18, 2009
For something so basic, eating is strangely particular. Everyone has his or her likes and dislikes when it comes to food, but there are some people who take personal eating preferences into the realm of pickiness. Be it for health reasons, religious demands, or just... More  →
Parties for Picky Eaters

Auntie SparkNotes: I Wanna Be a Dead Lady

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 18, 2009
Wow, it's been a heavy week around here! Pirates, doormats, broken hearts, sketchy old creepers who prey on high school students... and not only that, Auntie Sparknotes' dog just threw up on her bed. (No, really.) I think it's safe to say that we need to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Wanna Be a Dead Lady

A Mad Way to Say "Happy Holidays"

By Ashley SpencerDecember 18, 2009
We're getting down to the wire. It's almost time for your high school's pubescent Santa to deliver everyone’s seasons greetings. You need to concoct the perfect words to say to your friends, your crush, and, if you’re slightly nerdy, your totally fave teacher. Meanwhile, you're... More  →
A Mad Way to Say

The Confusing World of High School Mascots

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 18, 2009
Pro sports teams sink millions of dollars into managing their images, and they still manage to wind up with some resoundingly unimpressive mascots. High school athletic directors, on the other hand, usually just flip a biology textbook to a random page and pick... More  →
The Confusing World of High School Mascots

The Ultimate Guide to Gift-Giving

By ContributorDecember 17, 2009
Wanna know what makes this post exciting? It's from an anonymous Sparkler! (If you wanna take cred for this post, email us at contribute@sparknotes.com!) —SparkNotes editors Christmas is coming, and Christmas means presents. And presents means that you have to decide what to get... More  →
The Ultimate Guide to Gift-Giving

Blogging Eclipse: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 17, 2009
Chapter Six: Switzerland Better Title: Kidnapping is Fun for the Whole Family Freedom is so overrated. I was wrong to criticize Edward's manipulative, abusive behavior towards Bella. It's obvious that he's only trying to protect her, and if protecting her means kidnapping her and holding her hostage,... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 6

SparkNotes Will Be Down Dec. 30

By Emily WinterDecember 17, 2009
Heya Sparklers, We just wanted to letcha know that SparkNotes will be unavailable from 8 a.m. till 2 p.m. EST on Dec. 30, for a little R&R. (Actually, it's not so much "R&R" as it is "server maintenance," but that's not very glamorous, is it?) Here's a... More  →
SparkNotes Will Be Down Dec. 30