Search Menu
Menu

Dealing With a Backhanded Compliment

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 9, 2011
Life is a lot smoother if you master a few social tricks—the helpful little shortcuts humankind uses to keep things flowing. These skillz can save face and keep your ego intact, so use them wisely, and become the social ninja you're destined to be.... More  →
Dealing With a Backhanded Compliment

Help This Sparkler With Her College Application Essay: In-between-dia!

By ContributorSeptember 9, 2011

starstruckme's family moved from America to India in 2004. This is essay about her split childhood is for the diversity prompt on the Common Application. Can you help her edit it?  —Sparkitors

In-between-dia

‘India’ begins with the descent down the stairs leading... More  →
Help This Sparkler With Her College Application Essay: In-between-dia!

Grouchy Rabbits (Who Knew Rodents Were So Smart?)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 9, 2011
Today's pick is not a video. It is so much more than that. Imagine if I gave you YouTube. That's kind of what today is like, except there are no videos and no bad impressions of Miley Cyrus (so really, it's not much like... More  →
Grouchy Rabbits (Who Knew Rodents Were So Smart?)

For the Musical (And the Detective) In You

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 9, 2011
Because everybody needs to enjoy a musical every now and then, today's playlist, sent in by chabelinni, is made entirely of songs from One Musical. And to make this whole thing more fun, I'm not going to tell you the title of the... More  →
For the Musical (And the Detective) In You

The Last Shorts of Summer

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 9, 2011
My calendar insists that summer isn't really over until September 21st. My calendar is such a liar. Because really, between the chilly nights, the arrival of pumpkin-spiced products at Starbucks, and the fact that every kid in my neighborhood has completely disappeared (or, y'know, gone back to... More  →
The Last Shorts of Summer

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 9, 2011
Chapter Seven: Bagman and Crouch Better Title: Tents The Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry arrive at the Wizard World Cup stadium and proceed to their reserved camping area, where they set up the two tents. Harry is unimpressed at first, and wonders how they will all fit inside... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 3

Waking Up Early Requires GOOD Music

thesonofrage may have anger issues, but at least this Sparkler can get out of bed! —Sparkitors Alright, how many of you guys will agree with me when I say that waking up "bright and early" for the first day of More  →
Waking Up Early Requires GOOD Music

My Imaginary Posse

DaGingaNinja even thought of celebrity bodyguards; we are impressed by her forethought and (obvious) future fame —Sparkitors Today, as I was practicing my acceptance speeches for my Oscar, Pulitzer Prize, and Sparklife Yearbook Award, I realized something: I don't know who would... More  →
My Imaginary Posse

The Tenth Anniversary of 9/11

llamagirl6's post makes us feel sad and proud at the same time. How do you feel? —Sparkitors 9/11, the tragedy that shocked our nation ten years ago: we will be commemorating the event this week. No one would argue that this disaster... More  →
The Tenth Anniversary of 9/11

Ask a Teacher: Who Knows More About Pop Culture-You or a Student?

By Mr. JungSeptember 9, 2011
Q: Who knows more about pop culture—you or a high school student? A: If it’s the pop culture of 1998, I will crush them. That’s all well and good, but it also says a great deal about how I spent my time during high school. Hint: I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Who Knows More About Pop Culture-You or a Student?