Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: I Hate My Sister's Boyfriend

By kat_rosenfieldMay 3, 2010
How do you deal with a sibling's horrible choice of S.O.s? NOT by getting hysterical and sobbing while screaming (trust us). —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie, My sister and I have always been complete opposites. She’s brunette, I’m blonde. She likes vanilla, I like chocolate. Her favorite color... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Hate My Sister's Boyfriend

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerMay 3, 2010
Have you ever wanted to put a hedgehog in your mouth? (That was a rhetorical question). Hedgehogs are Numero Uno on our list of "Cute Animals We Want to Eat," so this photo basically makes one of our lifelong dreams come true. Another of our... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for May 3

By Emily WinterMay 3, 2010
Sparkler laxchicscore96's dog might look familiar—she was the subject of a previous open thread. Sadly, she passed away last week, and laxchicscore96 wanted to see her on SparkLife one last time. Somewhere, a puppy is being born with perky ears and laser eyes... More  →
Open Thread for May 3

Open Thread for May 2

By EmmaMay 2, 2010
This horsey belongs to NotJustAnotherCowgirl. His name is Irish Bar Bay, but everyone calls him... Goober. NotJustAnotherCowgirl says he's a gentle giant. Would he let us ride him through Central Park? Please!! We'll give him carrots and everything! (Horses like carrots, right?)... More  →
Open Thread for May 2

Open Thread for May 1

By EmmaMay 1, 2010
Sparklers, it's gonna be 89 degrees today in NYC. We're busting out our short shorts and our scary-pasty legs! Woooot! This weather makes us feel all pink and lime and yellow and orange inside...kinda like this AMAZING creation from Amarantha93, which she made... More  →
Open Thread for May 1

P.S. I Despise You to the Max

By Ashley SpencerApril 30, 2010
Any day now, your yearbook will arrive at your desk, full of photos and memories but void of signatures and sayings from your friends, lovers, and frenemies. When crafting the perfect yearbook message, it's important to stand out and be original; if you don't, no... More  →
P.S. I Despise You to the Max

The Dos and Don'ts of Being an Awesome Host

By Ashley SpencerApril 30, 2010
Being a good host means striking the perfect balance between casualness and carefulness—which can also mean the difference between life and death. Not really. But learning how to host guests is tricky: you want to be helpful, but not annoying; you want to be funny,... More  →
The Dos and Don'ts of Being an Awesome Host

The Pros and Cons of Looking Younger than Your Age

By ContributorApril 30, 2010
Pimento111, this is a good problem to have. Trust us. VERY good problem. * rushes to Duane Reade to buy expensive anti-aging cream* —Sparknotes editors Do you know what it's like to be 15 and trapped in the vessel... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Looking Younger than Your Age

What It's Like to Live In...Washington, D.C.

By ContributorApril 30, 2010
This Friday's installment of "What It's Like to Live In..." is by Super Sparkler rebel_of_nowhere. We love you, rebel! —SparkNotes eds The place I call home would be Washington, DC. It may not be as exotic as Estonia or as far away as Ireland,... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Washington, D.C.

The Friday Awards

By Chelsea DaggerApril 30, 2010
The regular editor of The Friday Awards is on vacation in the most exotic location ever: Wisconsin. So, due to our intense jealousy (insert eye twitch here), Wisconsin's proximity to the ocean (it's basically a giant coastline resort), and our inexplicable obsession with ships, we've... More  →
The Friday Awards