Search Menu
Menu

Is Intelligent Dance Music The Next Big Thing? We Really Hope Not.

By ContributorAugust 29, 2011
reicherroo has unwittingly stumbled upon the music of choice of every single person that lives in our hipster Brooklyn neighborhood. We're glad that someone finally feels our pain.—Sparkitors Hi guys! After foraging in the Alaskan wilderness for a couple of weeks, I’m back... More  →
Is Intelligent Dance Music The Next Big Thing? We Really Hope Not.

Open Thread for August 28

By SparkLifeAugust 29, 2011
Here is a story that fills our hearts with rainbows and unicorn kisses: Thanks to your new photo system, I got back in touch with a girl (Naala_Senegal, on the left) I shared a dorm with TWO YEARS AGO on summer camp! What makes... More  →
Open Thread for August 28

Open Thread for August 29

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 29, 2011
hermionerules5 sent us  this gloriously outdoorsy pic along with the following caption: This is a picture of a canyon I recently visited in Utah. Try to see if you can spot any hoodoos!! :) We're not sure what "hoodoos" are, but we're assuming they're basically... More  →
Open Thread for August 29

Open Thread for August 27

By SparkLifeAugust 27, 2011
This is an Auntie Stick, of course. Duh! Oh, you don't know what an Auntie Stick is? Allow Dance.Girl.Sparkle to explain: I work at a hospital in Pediatrics and I had the kids make "Auntie-Sticks." The photo contains a pic of the one I... More  →
Open Thread for August 27

Choosing the Right Getting-Ready Song: School Days Edition

By ContributorAugust 26, 2011
MontyMayhem's got the cure for school-day doldrums...at least for three minutes. –Sparkitors With summer's heat dwindling and the start of school approaching, we're entering a frenzied period of finishing summer assignments and getting all the right gear for class, while simultaneously trying to reset... More  →
Choosing the Right Getting-Ready Song: School Days Edition

Check Out Pics of Pretty Sparkler Hair

By EmmaAugust 26, 2011
This Sparkler's natural hair color is as pretty as her necklace. More  →
Check Out These Pics of Pretty Sparkler Hair

Auntie SparkNotes: We All Have Our Voices

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 26, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have a strange problem. There are many times when I really can’t stand the sound of my mom’s voice. As in, it bugs me so much I have to hide in my room and blare out music from my iPod. This has only been... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: We All Have Our Voices

So You Want To Be An Actress...

By ContributorAugust 26, 2011
TheaterAddict is a professional actress (yes, really!), and she's got tons of tips for anyone thinking of pursing a movie/theater career!—Sparkitors So you wanna be an actor—and you want all of the fame, glory, money, and jazz that comes along with an... More  →
So You Want To Be An Actress...

Dear Albert: I Will Respond to This Letter If It Kills Me

By Emily WinterAugust 26, 2011
I don’t want to complain or anything, I’m just wondering: How can life be so breezy for some people and so absurdly complicated for others? Like, okay, my best friend’s name is Gil. You’d think it’d be hard being a 16-year-old guy with the name Gil,... More  →
Dear Albert: I Will Respond to This Letter If It Kills Me

Are You Scared of Being Sorted Wrong?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 26, 2011
For all you Pottermore fans out there... If you're not scared of being put into the wrong Hogwarts house, you're about to be (but in a very catchy, fun-to-listen-to sort of way). Thanks Bexxrose for bringing this fear to my attention! What letter... More  →
Are You Scared of Being Sorted Wrong?