Skip over navigation

QUIZINATOR: The Un-Final Countdown

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2010
We know what you're thinking, Sparklers: "Wait, Leonardo DiCaprio is supposed to be dreaming at the end of Inception?" Or maybe, "Jokes about Inception are so played out—except for this one." You might even be thinking, "Man, I'd sell my whole... More  →
QUIZINATOR: The Un-Final Countdown

The Summertime Schedule of a Girl Who’s Just Been Dumped

By ContributorAugust 16, 2010
LaGinataRoja, we don't know whether to laugh or cry! —Sparkitors 7:43 a.m.: Wake up. Wonder briefly why there are lumps of wet mascara hanging from eyelashes. Then the "dumping" rushes back...along with another flurry of tears. 7:49 a.m.: Sit back, still crying, and wonder... More  →
The Summertime Schedule of a Girl Who’s Just Been Dumped

Cute Thing of the Week

minipinkelephant submitted this week's photo, and it is rife with potential for hilarity. That's right, RIFE. So do us proud and make us laugh; you've never failed before! If you need some inspiration, check out last week's best captions; they were GLORIOUS. Yellow chick... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Five Things You Promise to Do This Year (That You Won't)

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 16, 2010
There's a point near the end of every school year, as you're rummaging frantically through your locker for one of six assignments you forgot to do, finding only garbage and wet gym clothes, that you say to yourself: next year will be different. You will be... More  →
Five Things You Promise to Do This Year (That You Won't)

Auntie SparkNote: Harpist Horror

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 16, 2010
Yelling at your music teacher is tempting—but will you regret it later? (Spoiler alert: yes.) —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Let me start by telling you that I'm a musician. More specifically, a harpist. I have been for 8 years, which is half of my life. Needless to... More  →
Auntie SparkNote: Harpist Horror

A Day in the Life of a Student in Nigeria

By ContributorAugust 16, 2010
Thanks so much for giving us the scoop on school in Nigeria, smartygirl10! I've read multiple A Day in the Life posts and enjoyed them all, but I recently realized... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Student in Nigeria

Open Thread for August 16

We would much rather be staring out at this gorgeous view right now than eating stale Devil Dogs for breakfast, but from what noisettepancake tells us, we probably wouldn't survive the climb: This is the view from an observatory in Hawaii. I literally almost... More  →
Open Thread for August 16

Open Thread for August 15

By EmmaAugust 15, 2010
What is this dog's name? We don't know. Which Sparkler sent us this pic? We couldn't say. Why does looking at this picture give us the urge to crawl into bed and sob until our eyes are swollen shut? We think that's obvious. ... More  →
Open Thread for August 15

Open Thread for August 14

By EmmaAugust 14, 2010
This ed messed up last weekend's open thread, and she humbly apologizes and begs your forgiveness. Her heart is as heavy as a Sedona rock and as pained as the butt of someone who just sat on a cactus. A THOUSAND SORRIES. Elana28 sent... More  →
Open Thread for August 14

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2010
Chapter Eight: Waiting for the Damn Fight to Start Already Bella's Title: Concupiscence Jacob! The middle section of this book shifts focus, and instead of listening to Bella yap about how her life is worse than hell despite the fact that she gets everything she wants,... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 8