Skip over navigation

10 Reasons It Was Great to Be a Kid

By ContributorFebruary 15, 2011

keatonwookie wants to be 7 years old again. Join the club, dude.—Sparkitors

Whenever you come across an old toy (or a dusty pair of Spiderman underwear), you fondly recall the magic of your... More  →

10 Reasons It Was Great to Be a Kid

Unwhole: Chapter 10

At the end of Darklite808's last chapter, Delilah was off on a mission against the evil demonic-vampires. What's going to happen next?! —Sparkitors As the sun broke over the horizon, I found myself tired, hungry, and still in the forest. I stopped at a... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 10

Hardcover Dictionaries Are Dead

Manateeslooklikewaterballoons just achieved the impossible: she wrote a hilarious post about dictionaries.—Sparkitors

Don’t get me wrong, the concept of dictionaries is great. You hand one to a student, and all of a sudden they’ll

... More  →
Hardcover Dictionaries Are Dead

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2C

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 15, 2011
And the winner iiiisssss.... Badge #15! You will proceed to Round 3! Alright guys, we're on the third day of our seven-day showdowns. Stay with us... and stay opinionated! We can't wait to see which of these awesome badges is our winner. Now, before we... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2C

Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: The Series Finale

BingoTheAwesome wraps up the most powerful series we've ever published, and we're so happy that things are ending on such a hopeful note!—Sparkitors

As always, a thank you to everyone who has read and commented... More  →
Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: The Series Finale

Intern's Pick of the Day

Today's pick, sent in by HaelBergserome, gives us a spin on a very important life lesson: When life hands you lemons, you teach them to sing and make millions on... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Video War: Arcade Fire Vs. Lady Antebellum

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 15, 2011
In honor of the Grammys, which the fumbling Sparkitors recapped so fabulously and inaccurately yesterday, we've decided to pit two of Sunday night's big-time winners against each other. No, we're not going to do an Eminem Vs. Bieber battle; that would only end... More  →
Video War: Arcade Fire Vs. Lady Antebellum

Playlist of the Day

Today's playlist is called "Ska-tastic." We hear ska's making a comeback. What do you think? "Such Great Heights" by Streetlight Manifesto "Beer" by Reel Big Fish "Another Drinkn' Song" by Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Somewhere in the Between" by Streetlight Manifesto "Paint by Numbers"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

One Year, 100 Books: Beautiful Creatures

Lonks has discovered the cure for Twilight-mania!—Sparkitors Book #11: Beautiful Creatures Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl Reason for Reading: I read Beautiful Creatures about a year ago when I got an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) from my friend’s dad, who reviews stuff for... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Beautiful Creatures

How to Deal With Your V-Day Fail

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 15, 2011
Okay, so what happened? Sit down and tell us all about it. What's that? We can't hear over all the hyperventilating. Your Valentine's day went badly? There, there, it'll be all right. Wait, you got a candy heart stuck where? Um. Never mind. No matter... More  →
How to Deal With Your V-Day Fail