Skip over navigation

Activities for You and the 'Rents

By Joe_LynchJuly 14, 2009
Whether you love your parents to death or simply tolerate them, they are a huge part of your life. And since you have to hang out with them occasionally, why not make the most of it? Try these activities with your parents, and you just... More  →

The Five Senses of Summer School

By Thagsana_RJuly 14, 2009
Remember Thagsana? Of course you do! She's BACK in full effect. Yay! —SparkNotes editors Ahh, summer, the light at the end of every student's tunnel. After nearly a year of staying up late to finish semi-pointless schoolwork, ignoring a teacher's... More  →

The Ice Cream Guide to Personality

By Katie_RolnickJuly 14, 2009
Using clever, esoteric methods to measure personality is all the rage right now (*cough*Facebook*cough). Which Muppet are you? Kermit, you say? I guess that means you’re responsible, nurturing, and reliable. Which cloud formation are you? A cumulonimbus—huh. You must be tall, dense, and stormy. Personally,... More  →

Harry Potter Freakout: HOLYOMG It's Finally Here!

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 14, 2009
It’s finally happening, Sparklers! We've been getting ready with cast gossip, “spelling” lessons, and even an advice-seeking cameo from poor Little Lord Voldemort (yeah, he loves it when we call him that), and now the big event is finally... More  →

Ringtones, Downloads, and You

By Matt_HunzikerJuly 14, 2009

Given that most of us get at least some of our music through means that are technically less than legal, it makes sense to stay up to date with the news on music piracy. After all, you don’t want a prosecuting attorney to reveal

... More  →

And the Jimmy Goes To…

By Jeff_AlexanderJuly 14, 2009
We're really sorry, everyone. Somehow we at SparkNotes neglected to tell you in advance about the first annual National High School Musical Theater Awardsbetter known as "Jimmys"More  →

Growing Up With Harry Potter

By ContributorJuly 14, 2009
Sparkler sballien remembers well what it was like growing up with Potter under your pillow. Ready for a trip down memory lane, Sparklers? —SparkNotes Editors Excited for the premier of the latest Harry Potter movie, which hits theaters tomorrow? Well, if HP hasn't cast... More  →

How to Get a Date

By ContributorJuly 14, 2009
Sparkler Liz_Nash is a regular SparkLife contributor. In her latest post, she tackles the dating world from both the guy's and the girl's perspectives. Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors I was recently talking to a guy friend of mine who... More  →

Ask Auntie SparkNotes: Creepy Snake-Boy Edition

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 13, 2009
Just in time for the final days of our SparkNotes Harry Potter extravaganza, we heard from an advice-seeker with a really complicated problem. Strange how this all sounds so familiar... if only I could think where I'd heard it before! Huh, oh well... Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I... More  →

Attack of the Angry Goat Monsters? Our Sparkler Blogger Abroad

By ContributorJuly 13, 2009
Sparkler Simbelmyne has just arrived in Greece with her best friend, Tory, her brother, and her grandma and is blogging about her adventures for SparkLife! Read more about her trip in her first summer blog post. —SparkNotes Editors I’ll admit, I’ve thought... More  →