Skip over navigation

Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Remote Romeo

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 12, 2010
Your BF/GF is acting weird. Quiet. Distant. Kind of flat. There's only one way to find out what's going on: with a valentine from SparkLife! Dear _____________, So I don’t really know how to _____________ this, but it seems something has _____________ed in the past ________________. Did I... More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Remote Romeo

The Best Facebook Groups

By ContributorFebruary 12, 2010
We've seen a lot of Facebook posts here on SparkNotes, and rebel_of_nowhere's definitely stood out. We love how specific and original this post is. Great job, rebel! —SparkNotes editors Facebook is the greatest procrastination tool since SparkLife. Whether you’re alarmed by the fact that... More  →
The Best Facebook Groups

How to Reject a Would-Be Valentine with Flair

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 12, 2010
Getting rejected definitely bites the big one. But it’s not very fun to reject someone, either. Rejecters gets a bad rep. They're not necessarily heartless; usually, they're good people who just aren’t interested in the person crushing on them. Maybe they already have a boyfriend or... More  →
How to Reject a Would-Be Valentine with Flair

A Day in the Life of a Daytona Fan

By ContributorFebruary 12, 2010
Who knew that AlyGirlRockz16, smiley face lover and first-comment-congratulator, was such a big Nascar fan? Thanks for edumacating us, Aly! (And Aly would like to pass along her own thanks to Synchrogirl, ProposeWithOreos, aaaaaaand her parents.) —SparkNotes editors Hey... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Daytona Fan

Happy Anniversary, Dan!

By EmmaFebruary 12, 2010
A year ago this week, Dan Bergstein (aka Lt. Lasermind) started writing for SparkNotes. In our hearts, we're throwing him a ticker tape parade and buying him a mountain of jetpacks, crossbows, pancakes, fireworks, and tiny mechanical horses. In our cash-strapped real lives, though, all... More  →
Happy Anniversary, Dan!

The Perfect Message for Every Type of Valentine

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 11, 2010
One of the worst of all Valentine's Day tasks has to be finding a card with the right message. You spend hours wandering the aisles of the card store, searching in vain for the appropriate note that captures your feelings. But every card says something... More  →
The Perfect Message for Every Type of Valentine

Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Long-Distance Boo

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 11, 2010
You're in a long-distance relationship, and even with Skype, it's really hard. Why not tell your sweetie you miss him/her with a cute, slightly paranoid valentine? Dear _____________, Hi, ____________! I ___________ you! I can’t believe it’s been _________ __________s since we’ve _____________ed each... More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Long-Distance Boo

Spice Up the Morning Announcements

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 11, 2010
No one listens to the morning announcements, not even the people reading them into the microphone or camera (if you go to fancy-pants school that has fancy-pants things like fancy-pants cameras). We here at SparkNotes hate to see bored students, so we offer some suggestions... More  →
Spice Up the Morning Announcements

Blogging Eclipse: Part 13

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 11, 2010
Chapter Thirteen: Newborn Better Title: Wasted Paper This chapter is reminiscent of the scene in The Empire Strikes Back in which Han Solo pulls the Millennium Falcon over and says, "All right. Now we're going to meet Lando. But before we go, I need to tell you... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 13

Hanging Out with Jazzy: My Favorite Fictional Secret-Heroes!!!

By ContributorFebruary 11, 2010
You guys know Jazzy, right? AKA villanous_mwaha? Welcome back to her Thursday column! —SparkNotes editors In every fantasy book, there is a main character who usually gets all the credit, praise, and swooning women when he "saves the day." But does he deserve all... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: My Favorite Fictional Secret-Heroes!!!