Skip over navigation

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 21 (Funk)

By Emily WinterJune 2, 2010
The episode begins, and New Directions gets Funkafied. "Funkafication" is what Vocal Adrenaline calls it when they bust into another school and do an amazing performance to psych out a rival glee club. Unfortunately, there is no word for "army of sexy blueberries rolling... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 21 (Funk)

What It's Like to Travel to... Johannesburg, South Africa

By ContributorJune 2, 2010
Are you stuck working in a sweltering hot restaurant/coffee shop/babysitting venue for the summer? No problem! Your fellow Sparklers are here to help. For the next month, we'll be publishing lots of their tales of life in amazing cities, far-off countries, and secretly cool suburbs.... More  →
What It's Like to Travel to... Johannesburg, South Africa

Auntie SparkNotes: I Keep on Falling... No, Not In Love. Just Falling.

By kat_rosenfieldJune 2, 2010
Today's letter-writer started off her email with a bunch of social niceties. Check it! Hi Auntie! How are you? Do you get a lot of casual questions? What's your favorite color? I have one more question for you... How do I get around being so klutzy... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Keep on Falling... No, Not In Love. Just Falling.

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 2, 2010
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Just when we were digging into our congratulatory "You Da MAN" cake after posting the highest-rated Awesome Thing of all time, you put us squarely in our place by rating last week's video a measly... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for June 2

By Emily WinterJune 2, 2010
Sparkitors! Sorry it turned out so big... kind of like my boy's nose in this picture... kind of like those stuffed toys they used to have in Happy Meals at McDonalds? You know, the "Dogs" ones that everyone hooked to  their backpacks? And played tea party... More  →
Open Thread for June 2

Top 5 Reasons It's Great to Be a Knurd

By ContributorJune 1, 2010
josie_smartie01 just gave us a sweet tooth. —Sparkitors As a Sparkler, I'm obviously well-versed in all things nerdy. And as far as I'm concerned, nerds ROCK! There are so many things that make us AWESOMELY, WONDERFULLY, AMAZINGLY COOL PEOPLE. For example, we all fantasize... More  →
Top 5 Reasons It's Great to Be a Knurd

Moving Mountains… of Homework

We like travelwriter21's competitive spirit and determination! And her... egg-throwing contests! —Sparkitors You're familiar with the circumstances. You’ve been cruising through life, somewhat carefree, with a light homework load. Then, like a freight train from Hell, it hits you. DOOM WEEK! Doom week can... More  →
Moving Mountains… of Homework

So You Think You Can Dance, 7:1: A Recap in 16 Steps

By Grant McCrackenJune 1, 2010
Thursday night, I hunkered down on my couch and vigilantly watched the two-hour premiere of So You Think You Can Dance, season 7. At this stage in the game, thousands of dancers are auditioning for a chance to continue on to Vegas. Hour one of... More  →
So You Think You Can Dance, 7:1: A Recap in 16 Steps

Committee of Cool: Jape

By Chelsea DaggerJune 1, 2010
WHEW. Let's all take a deep breath, shall we? Last week's uber-controversial review of the Jonas Brothers nearly sparked a civil war in the comments section: sister turned against sister, families were torn apart, and children wept as bowtie-bedecked wetsuits were berated and... More  →
Committee of Cool: Jape

A Day in the Life of a Sparkler’s Cat

This post is more fiction-y than what we usually publish, but alsailor44 had us LOL-ing our heads off. What else could we do? —Sparkitors I don’t go to school. In fact, I shouldn’t even be able to speak English. But I do. Because I’m... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Sparkler’s Cat