Skip over navigation

I'm Not Ready for Winter Break to Be Over

By Suchi Rudra VasquezJanuary 15, 2010
Winter break is now two weeks behind us and some of you might still be finding it difficult to get back into the study groove. For those of you taking the SAT in a couple of weeks, this lack of motivation has the potential to... More  →
I'm Not Ready for Winter Break to Be Over

Let's Talk About Your Future...and Badgers

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 15, 2010
If you're under the age of twenty, you probably spend a fair amount of time thinking about what the future has in store for you. College? Career? World travel and a brief stint in the circus? Hey, the possibilities are endless, and they can be... More  →
Let's Talk About Your Future...and Badgers

Haiti: How You Can Help

By EmmaJanuary 15, 2010
The disaster in Haiti reminds us that our problems (too much homework! Not enough Diet Coke! Jerky parents!) really aren't problems at all. How can those of us who are unspeakably lucky help those who are suffering in Haiti? By sending money. The Red... More  →
Haiti: How You Can Help

Oh No! You've Overslept!

By Katie_RolnickJanuary 15, 2010
You roll over and slowly stretch your stiff legs and back. You force your eyes open and catch a glimpse of the clock. That's when you notice...holy ham-and-cheese sandwiches! You've overslept! Perhaps you failed to hear your alarm, or you accidentally turned it off in the... More  →
Oh No! You've Overslept!

When Worlds Collide: Talking With a Friend From a Different School

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 14, 2010
It's not easy being friends with people from a different school. Not only will it be difficult to keep up with their gossip, as you try to figure out who's who, but if your school uses a different approach to scheduling (such as block scheduling... More  →
When Worlds Collide: Talking With a Friend From a Different School

What's Your Academic Superpower?

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 14, 2010
If you think about it, and then sort of lie a little bit, you guys are basically superheroes. In a chaotic world, you regularly confront tyranny and wickedness (high school), and against all odds (cruel teachers, kids you hate) achieve a noble goal (surviving high... More  →
What's Your Academic Superpower?

The Local Road Trip

By Julie KrautJanuary 14, 2010
Forget Europe, SCUBA diving, and beach bumming. If you’re looking for bang for your buck, road trips are the best kind of vacation to take with your friends. However, if your parents strict, you probably aren’t allowed to go on a multi-night, cross-country trip with... More  →
The Local Road Trip

Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part We've Lost Count: Rejection 101

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 14, 2010
Welcome back, Sparklers, to the penultimate installment of our flirting guide. It's been a fun couple of weeks, and we're nearing the end; tomorrow I'll wrap up by answering a few questions that have come up in the process, and then, I sincerely hope you'll... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How to Flirt, Part We've Lost Count: Rejection 101

Stuff that Should Happen in 2010

By ContributorJanuary 14, 2010
This is MaggieGirl2013's very funny 2010 wish list. We had to leave off one of her wishes, that Pixar would buy Disney, because Disney actually bought Pixar back in 06! The other stuff, though, is totally coming true. —SparkNotes editors These are the... More  →
Stuff that Should Happen in 2010

Of Broken Thumbs and Appreciation

By Nate DernJanuary 14, 2010
Sometimes it isn’t until something is gone that we truly appreciate how much it meant to us. This tragic irony was made painfully clear to me two weeks ago when, after getting my thumb accidentally smashed in a heavy door by an extremely apologetic friend,... More  →
Of Broken Thumbs and Appreciation