Skip over navigation

Introducing Open Threads

By Emily WinterFebruary 16, 2010
We've noticed you Sparklers have a problem: you want to chat on SparkLife, but you don't have a centralized place to do it. We understand. And we think it's gotta be pretty friggin' annoying for you guys when you're chatting away in one post, only to... More  →
Introducing Open Threads

Cell Phone Obituaries

By Robert IsenbergFebruary 16, 2010
We hope the following rest in peace... or pieces: Motorola Brute: Though only two months old when it met its end, the Brute led an eventful life: Made 2 a.m. call to ex-boyfriend to "work things out," called AAA when Dad's Prius broke down,... More  →
Cell Phone Obituaries

Auntie SparkNotes: Sexism on (Mock) Trial

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 16, 2010
Okay Auntie, here's the deal: I'm on my school's mock trial team. It's me (a female) and five guys... They make dirty jokes fairly frequently, as sixteen-year-old boys are wont to do, and sure, I join in sometimes. (Don't judge me! The jokes are funny!)... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sexism on (Mock) Trial

We Don't Care About Your Dumb Internet Access

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 15, 2010
A school in Arizona now offers Wi-Fi internet access on their school buses. Officials say this move has turned the once-rowdy trip to school into a moving study hall, as students shut up and type away on their laptops and Wi-Fi-enabled gadgets. We here... More  →
We Don't Care About Your Dumb Internet Access

"Hey, Can I Borrow a Pencil?"

By ContributorFebruary 15, 2010
Can pencil borrowers be evil? Yes, yes they can, according to Sparkler imperfectbutfine. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors Isn’t annoying when people ask you for a pencil? What should you do? Well, if the borrower is one of these Pencil Barons, you should definitely not lend... More  →

Movies You Might Have Missed: Mean Girls Gone Wild

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 15, 2010
Before you were potty trained—or even born—Hollywood made some good movies. Movies You Might Have Missed is a recurring feature in which your SparkNotes editors recommend a few watchable films from the 1990s or before. Listen, y'all: we know you love Mean Girls. Who doesn't? When... More  →
Movies You Might Have Missed: Mean Girls Gone Wild

A Catholic School Dance

Ever wonder what a Catholic school dance is like? Sparkler mayberry817 has your answer! —SparkNotes editors Inspired by the recent posts about life in public and private school, I thought I’d give a little insight into the social life of a Catholic girl. Saturday, 12:15 p.m. I’m... More  →
A Catholic School Dance

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 15, 2010
This week, we continue with our series of Cute Animals that Might Eat You. Hooray! We loved this pic because... a) The size of that lion's mouth is incredible. b) We want to take a nap in that snuggly mane. c) THERE IS A BUTTERFLY ON ITS NOSE!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

What It's Like to Live In...Rio de Janeiro

The Sparkler who wrote this post has requested that we remove it. If you'd like to tell us what it's like to live in Rio, send your edited post and username to contribute@sparknotes.com. Related post: What It's Like to Live In...Beijing... More  →

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterFebruary 12, 2010
Will you be our Valentine? Yes, you! You with the fingers. And...and...the hair. Gosh I love your hair. It makes me think of old movies and the smell of stage makeup. In a good way. You are really something else. So will you? You know, be our... More  →
The Friday Awards