Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 24

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
This ed isn't even a cat person, but this little guy is just too adorable not to love. lynnieboo34 says... This is my kitty, Tunes. And I know some people hate cats, but I shall give you reasons NOT to hate my cat. 1. His... More  →
Open Thread for September 24

A Day in the Life of a Professional Musician

By ContributorSeptember 23, 2010
Zoe Dee, your life is so cool! Let us know when you guys get a gig in New York!—Sparkitors As a teenager, it's normal to work at a grocery store, the mall, or your dad’s law firm. When I... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Professional Musician

Antagonize a Tomato Day, and Other Minor Celebrations

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 23, 2010
When it comes to national holidays, our federal government has done a woefully inadequate job of addressing the long, dull stretch that comes between the beginning of the school year and the grateful reprieve, three months later, of Thanksgiving. Oh, sure, Columbus Day will offer... More  →
Antagonize a Tomato Day, and Other Minor Celebrations

How To Celebrate Your Half-Birthday

porque_esto_es_africa, your post makes us want cake SO BAD. We'd even take half-cake at this point. We're that desperate.—Sparkitors This coming Monday is my half-birthday, and I was thinking to myself, "How could I get away with making this... More  →
How To Celebrate Your Half-Birthday

What It’s Like to Live in Peru

11ksande, you're so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place! Color us jealous.—Sparkitors I’ve lived in Peru for three years now, and I absolutely love it. No matter where you go here, you’re guaranteed to find good food... More  →
What It’s Like to Live in Peru

What's Your School's Academic Atmosphere?

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 23, 2010
Some journalists who don't like things recently came to the conclusion that students are lazy and bad, because everybody hates learning, so there you have it. Go home and quit trying, lazy students! Kidding! You... More  →
What's Your School's Academic Atmosphere?

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 14

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 23, 2010
Chapter Fourteen: You Know Things Are Bad When You feel Guilty For Being Rude to Vampires Bella's Title: Mournful Sadness River Yes! On page 269 (the second page of the chapter), directly in the middle of the page, Stephenie Meyer mentions jet packs! Jacob is telling us... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 14

My Crush Is a Vampire

Don't worry, no Edwards ahead. Thanks, currybelle, for these alternatives! —Sparkitors You may have heard of a little thing called "Twilight." While the Twilight phenomenon has spurred love for the Undead (possibly to dangerous and unforeseen levels), there were actually hot vampires before Edward... More  →
My Crush Is a Vampire

How to Be a Freshman

marmellow is so evil! And awesome! —Sparkitors Beginning a new school at the bottom of the totem pole can be quite a frightening endeavor. As a wise and seasoned senior, I’ve seen my fair share of fresh meat freshmen. Heck, I was... More  →
How to Be a Freshman

The Five Stages of Procrastination

CrazyistheNewCool is an expert procrastinator, but she's learned from her mistakes—and you can too! —Sparkitors The words high school and college have become synonymous with one thing all students hate: homework. When homework is close, procrastinators can't be far... More  →
The Five Stages of Procrastination