Skip over navigation

Blogging Eclipse: Part 21

By Dan_BergsteinApril 15, 2010
Chapter Twenty-One: Trails Better Title: Almost a Good Chapter Maybe it's the warmer weather or the longer days, but I actually liked this chapter. No. Strike that. Like is too strong a word. I less-hated this chapter. (I feel the same way diet pudding and Jurassic Park... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 21

Self-Diagnosing With the Magic of the Internet

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 15, 2010
When your SparkEds and SparkWriters were young (you know we're all 63, right? Just kidding—we're actually 200-year-old teenage vampires), self-diagnosing an illness meant showing it to your best friend, who declared it cooties, or your mom, whose catch-all diagnosis was "allergies." One way... More  →
Self-Diagnosing With the Magic of the Internet

Surprise: Fire Drill!

By Katie_RolnickApril 15, 2010
It's no secret that school can be monotonous. Monday through Friday, day in and day out, you follow the same schedule and talk to the same people. Your school life is like the movie "Groundhog Day." But there's one thing... More  →
Surprise: Fire Drill!

Why Does Friar Lawrence Have a Date Rape Drug?: Puzzling Questions About the Classics

By ContributorApril 15, 2010
FadingRose has some interesting questions about the classics. Personally, we've always wondered why Hester didn't just tell everyone what a weenie Dimmesdale is. —SparkNotes editors We all have to read Shakespeare, Homer, and the other big guys. And while we love and appreciate these... More  →
Why Does Friar Lawrence Have a Date Rape Drug?: Puzzling Questions About the Classics

Humpty Dumpty Was an Emo Poser (and Other Lessons from Nursery Rhymes)

By kat_rosenfieldApril 15, 2010
When we were wee, young and impressionable, our parents used to tell us traditional children's stories—the same stories, no doubt, that you heard from your own parents growing up. Lighthearted tales full of heroics, brief tragedies, and whimsical rhymes, these stories have been bedtime toddler-fodder... More  →
Humpty Dumpty Was an Emo Poser (and Other Lessons from Nursery Rhymes)

Auntie SparkNotes: They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab

By kat_rosenfieldApril 15, 2010
We were so excited to read Auntie's advice today, because we have exactly the same problem as this letter-writer! —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a problem that until just recently came to be a problem. Put straight forward, I have an addiction, not to drugs... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab

Open Thread for April 15

By EmmaApril 15, 2010
embracethecheese snapped this pic on her family vacation. She thinks these peeps from Alberta are trying to steal the deer (we think her sarcasm hand is raised). We would totally steal a deer if we could. And we'd keep her as a house pet,... More  →
Open Thread for April 15

10 Ways to Avoid a Bad Facebook Status

By ContributorApril 14, 2010
LadyGooGoo's nickname, sarcasm, and amazing advice are relevant beyond your teen years. Seriously, if our friends don't stop with the mushy status updates, we're getting off Facebook. Really. We will this time. —SparkNotes editors Is the “delete” or “backspace” button the most common button... More  →
10 Ways to Avoid a Bad Facebook Status

Dating 101

The following is Coral107's list of things to consider when asking someone out on a date, as well things to do when actually on said date. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors 1. Know the person you wanna ask out first. It's not that attractive when a... More  →
Dating 101

What's Your Senioritis Level?

LOL, Shirleney!!! You are soooooo right. —SparkNotes editors It's the last stretch of senior year. All your life, you've been working, slaving through seemingly pointless homework assignments (who needs to know what the derivative of ln(x) is anyway?), enduring shrill school bells and scary APs,... More  →
What's Your Senioritis Level?