Skip over navigation

The Worst Graduation Speech in the World

By Ashley SpencerMay 21, 2010
"Hello Principal Diamond, faculty, teachers, students, parents, grandparents, my girlfriend Sara who is in college, my cousin Sarah who is not my girlfriend and has an H in her name, our school janitor Boris, and also, to my favorite part of our school, hello vending... More  →
The Worst Graduation Speech in the World

Noncommittal Yearbook Signatures

By Robert IsenbergMay 21, 2010
"Have a great summer!" Have four other words ever said so little? If you write this in someone's yearbook, it's a safe bet that you are not now and never will be actual friends. Looking for more original notes for people you barely know? Something polite, but... More  →
Noncommittal Yearbook Signatures

Auntie SparkNotes: Is It OK to Want a Breast Reduction?

By kat_rosenfieldMay 21, 2010
Some girls want bigger ones; other girls want smaller ones. ...Burgers. Bigger and smaller burgers. What did YOU think we meant? —Sparkitors Hi Auntie, I'm thinking about breast reduction. I just don't know what to do! I'm quite large and it is constantly uncomfortable. For instance: ~I have back... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Is It OK to Want a Breast Reduction?

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterMay 21, 2010
Happy Friday, Sparklers! As you know, The Friday Awards are all about celebrating your comments, because you're hilarious, thoughtful, smart, and brimming with win. One of the best parts of this ed's week is giving out Friday Awards, and that's big-time thanks to help from our... More  →
The Friday Awards

What It's Like to Live In...Karachi, Pakistan

By ContributorMay 21, 2010
We think Arubal lives in a fascinating place...and we're jealous that someone picks up her dirty laundry. —Sparkitors Hi! As you can see from the title, I'm from Pakistan (Karachi, to be exact). I don't think I need to tell... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Karachi, Pakistan

Inappropriate Laughter: How to Get a Grip on Your Guffaws

By ChrisFauxRealMay 21, 2010
It’s happened to all of us: that inexplicable urge to laugh at the most inopportune time. If you’ve ever nearly vomited after trying to suppress your uncontrollable chuckles in the middle of a silent theater or classroom, you’re not alone: these spurts of unprovoked giggling are... More  →
Inappropriate Laughter: How to Get a Grip on Your Guffaws

A Day in the Life of a Japanese Junior High School Student

Think your day is hard? Try walking (miles!) to school in YogiBear_Bubba's shoes. —Sparknotes editors Living in Japan is like one big rat race. Sure, we are one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world, but that comes at a price. That... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Japanese Junior High School Student

Life at a Really, Really Small School

Your school sounds awesome, stargate_nerd92. But guess what? College is a hundred billion times more fun than high school. Amazing years are ahead! —Sparkitors There are 700 people at my school. You might think that's not very few. You may think, “Oh, I go... More  →
Life at a Really, Really Small School

The Hit List: 5 More Bands Everyone Should Know

This post comes from a Sparkler with one of our all-time favorite nicknames, exploding_toast. It's in response to this post, 5 Bands Everyone Should Know. —Sparkitors There are a plethora of bands out there. Many of them are lesser-known, unfortunately. There’s just... More  →
The Hit List: 5 More Bands Everyone Should Know

DOs and DON'Ts if You've Gotten Lost

By Jon_SkindzierMay 21, 2010
So you've just traveled to a foreign country, taken a subway you never take, or teleported to medieval England due to a time travel mishap. Your surroundings are strange, confusing, and possibly haunted. But instead of freaking out—due to frustration, confusions, and ghosts, respectively—you should... More  →
DOs and DON'Ts if You've Gotten Lost