Skip over navigation

What Did You Do on Your Summer Vacation?

By Rupinder_GillAugust 14, 2009
"What did you do on your summer vacation?" Three teachers and 20 sort-of friends inevitably ask this question at the beginning of every school year. Earlier this month, we gave you some great answers to it. But if you still don't have your... More  →
What Did You Do on Your Summer Vacation?

Auntie SparkNotes: Confessions of a Shopaholic

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 14, 2009
This week's letter comes from a girl with excellent taste in clothes: Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I used to be great at saving money and not splurging. But all of a sudden, I've been spending money way more than usual. Over the summer I've probably spent more than... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Confessions of a Shopaholic

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 14, 2009
It's Friday! Yayayayayay! On the other hand, it's a Friday in August, which means another week is drawing to a close, and fall is creeping ever closer. So we're feeling bittersweet today. It's kinda like eating Jelly Belly Sours. But our moms always told us to... More  →
The Friday Awards

What Makes You So Special?

By Katie_RolnickAugust 14, 2009
Whether you are beginning high school, transferring to a new school, or submitting to an over-enthusiastic teacher, you should be prepared. Prepared for what, you say? You should be prepared for that completely annoying first-day exercise where the teacher asks each student to tell the... More  →
What Makes You So Special?

Chris Listens: Swiss Cheese, Sick Parents, and a Shocking Online Revelation

By Chris_DikenAugust 14, 2009
So I’m on vacation again. Last time I headed south, but now I’m up north in a state where both the mountains and license plates are green. Yesterday I hiked around a lake and today I’m answering your questions—it’s the life! (And being... More  →
Chris Listens: Swiss Cheese, Sick Parents, and a Shocking Online Revelation

Fall Things We Can't Wait For

By Joe_LynchAugust 14, 2009
Are you freaking out because summer is almost over? We say, let summer go! Take a stand and say that fall/autumn is the best season! Let’s think about this logically: beautiful colors in nature, awesome fashion opportunities, and hot cocoa. Checkmate. Plenty of you seem to... More  →
Fall Things We Can't Wait For

Songs for Sparklers Who Can't Stop Singing

By ContributorAugust 13, 2009
Here's a music mix from Sparkler nednettinc, who loves songs that are ultra-sing-a-long-able! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Some songs have lyrics that just beg to be sung. It’s like the music is a drug and the side effect is compulsive singing. I mean, who hasn’t... More  →
Songs for Sparklers Who Can't Stop Singing

Blogging New Moon: Part 10

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2009
Chapter Ten: The Meadow Better Title: You scream. I scream. We all scream…for werewolves. The chapter begins with Bella attempting to get in touch with Jacob. She keeps trying to...oh, the heck with this. By the end of the chapter there are werewolves! Real ones! And they... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 10

Clubs You Should Start This Fall

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 13, 2009
As you approach your junior and senior years of high school, extracurricular activities will take on a whole new meaning. Not only are they a vehicle for expressing your individual interests and meeting new people, but they're also a pre-req for getting into... More  →
Clubs You Should Start This Fall

Avoid Summer Wisdom Teeth Extraction at All Costs

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2009
"This way, you won't miss any school." That is the argument used by parents across the county to encourage teenagers to have their wisdom teeth yanked during the summer months. Wisdom teeth extraction will put you out of commission for a day or two... More  →
Avoid Summer Wisdom Teeth Extraction at All Costs