Skip over navigation

The Breakup Playlist

By ContributorAugust 7, 2009
Sparkler WishYouWereMe is good at seeing the bright side of a bad relationship: a great playlist of her favorite pop music! —SparkNotes Editors Most MSGs (My Summer Guy) do not last. In fact, a typical MSG is gone by Labor Day. (MSG also stands... More  →
The Breakup Playlist

Band of the Week: Pomplamoose

By Jonathan_FlaxAugust 7, 2009
Our latest band of the week comes courtesy of yet another yet another Sparkler recommendation. (Not bad, Sparklers. First you inspire the Band of the Week feature to begin with. Now you’re suggesting the great bands we should select. It’s all going according to plan!) Taking... More  →
Band of the Week: Pomplamoose

Chris Listens: Scars, Commas, Sports, and a Guy Named Moe

By Chris_DikenAugust 7, 2009
The first week of August is just about over, and it has been brought to my attention that many of you will be returning to school soon. I am truly sorry about this. If it were up to me, summer would continue forever, and we’d... More  →

Twilight for Zombies and Other Monsters

By Joe_LynchAugust 7, 2009
What’s the best way to get rich? Get a job? Come up with a brilliant idea? No way! Those things are far too practical and time-consuming. We recommend ripping off an idea that’s already proved it’s worth millions. The Twilight series, for instance—how hard could... More  →
Twilight for Zombies and Other Monsters

Auntie SparkNotes Hopes You Washed Your Hands After That Thing with the Shar Pei

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 7, 2009
This week, Auntie SparkNotes fields a question from an aspiring veterinarian with a grumpy mum.

My mom is on the warpath because I just broke the news to her that I want to study to be a vet. We live near Cape

... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes Hopes You Washed Your Hands After That Thing with the Shar Pei

Blogging New Moon: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 6, 2009
Chapter Seven: Repetition Better Title: Bella Swan? More like Bella Yawn. (ZING!) The chapter begins with Bella paying a visit to the old Cullen house, the mansion that is hidden away in the forest. She hopes this will somehow stop the nightmares. She also hopes that visiting... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 7

Our Dirty Little Secrets

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 6, 2009
Look, Sparklers, there are a few things we need to get off of our chests. And what are blogs for, if not baring your soul through embarrassing and unnecessary confessions of your deepest, darkest, most insignificant secrets? The World Wide Interwebs gave us PostSecret, and... More  →
Our Dirty Little Secrets

Cartoons We Love

By Rupinder_GillAugust 6, 2009

For the first time since 1961, a cartoon has been nominated for a Best Comedy Series Emmy. And the nomination goes to…. drum roll please…Family Guy! Who doesn’t love embarrassing father Peter Griffin, hard-drinking canine Brian and world domination-plotting baby Stewie? We more than

... More  →
Cartoons We Love

Summer Things We Won't Miss

By Joe_LynchAugust 6, 2009
Summer’s sweaty freedom may be coming to a close, but we take solace in thinking about all the summery things we’ll be happy to leave behind. The beach, for instance, all too often involves creepy middle-aged people staring at you in your swimsuit.  Sunglasses look... More  →
Summer Things We Won't Miss

How to Keep Your Opposite Sex Friend While Dating

By Liz_NashAugust 6, 2009
Liz_Nash is our most prolific Sparkler, and she's got a reputation for giving really great advice! Enjoy! —SparkNotes Editors Getting a boy/girlfriend is remarkably similar to climbing Mount Everest while blindfolded: scary, stupid (but who can resist?!), and extraordinarily insane. Finding your significant other isn’t... More  →
How to Keep Your Opposite Sex Friend While Dating