Search Menu
Menu

8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 5

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 25, 2011
1. Let the "good writers" streak continue! Hooray! This week, let's give thanks to the talents of Sonny Lee and Patrick Walsh, the literary minds behind this solidly funny, smart episode. Given the good jokes and complexity of the plot, it's not a huge shock... More  →
8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 5

A Scream-Worthy TRUE Story (This One Ain't For the Weak of Heart)

By ContributorOctober 25, 2011
We're already 100% positive that pikori's story is the scariest one we'll read all week—and it's only Tuesday.—Sparkitors On a clear Saturday night last October, I and five of my high school's newspaper staffers set out on a hunt—a hunt for the haunted. With... More  →
A Scream-Worthy TRUE Story (This One Ain't For the Weak of Heart)

Are These the Coolest Halloween Decorations Ever?

By EmmaOctober 25, 2011
hermionerules5 sent us this Halloween video, pronouncing it "super cool." We agree with her; do you? Related post: Makeup Tips for Ghouly Girls... More  →
Are These the Coolest Halloween Decorations Ever?

Sorry, Wrong Decade

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 25, 2011
nonickname34 is bringing you some music from the 60s and 70s, and if you don't like it, you're basically a horrible person. Just kidding. Mostly. But really, everyone should like Fleetwood Mac. EVERYONE. "She's Not There" by The Zombies (You know you have to... More  →
Sorry, Wrong Decade

Where J.K. Rowling Went Wrong

By ContributorOctober 25, 2011
We had tears pouring down our face by the bucketload after reading HappyMonkey16's post. Why Fred? WHYYYY?—Sparkitors "Why are you worrying about You-know-who You should be worrying about U-No-Poo The constipation sensation That's gripping the nation." This is the kind of witty stuff the Weasley twins come up with. I was... More  →
Where J.K. Rowling Went Wrong

Open Thread for October 25

By SparkLifeOctober 25, 2011
This, butts, is a low-quality photograph of the gorgeous view from Chelsea Dagger's apartment in Bushwick, NY. HAVE YOU EVER, IN YOUR LIFE, SEEN ANYTHING SO BEAUTIFUL? The best part is that the waning light disguises the innumerable piles of trash scattered about on the... More  →
Open Thread for October 25

Auntie SparkNotes: Fat Free for Freshman Year

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 24, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm a senior in high school, and right now the biggest thing on the forefront of my mind is (of course) college. I'm super excited to be accepted into a great university and into a great microbiology program and am currently waiting on... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Fat Free for Freshman Year

Jedi Kittens: Cats Just Got So Much Cooler

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 24, 2011
It is a well-known fact that cats are lazy, boring, dumb, ugly, smelly lumps of flesh with no soul. However, hand them a lightsaber, and Pow! Instant Awesome! I wish someone had thought of this idea sooner. Thanks go_volleyball7!... More  →
Jedi Kittens: Cats Just Got So Much Cooler

How to Survive a Fight with a Zombie

By ContributorOctober 24, 2011
flyergirl13 tells you how to fend off the undead using nothing but your wits. And your chainsaw. And your deadly roundhouse kick.—Sparkitors You probably think you're ready for the zombie apocalypse; you've got detailed plans for... More  →
How to Survive a Fight with a Zombie

Splogger Creeper Stories: The School Weirdo Creeped On Me

By Lauren PassellOctober 24, 2011
I was pretty much a loner in college. It was probably my own fault. I ate really weird stuff for lunch in the cafeteria, was allergic to frat parties, and enjoy sitting in the front row during class. =NERD. I walked everywhere alone with my... More  →
Splogger Creeper Stories: The School Weirdo Creeped On Me