Skip over navigation

Happy Birthday, Auntie SparkNotes!!!

By EmmaMarch 16, 2010
Sparklers, today is the second-most delightful day of the year (right behind Pi Day): AUNTIE SPARKNOTES' aka KAT ROSENFIELD'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! We love Auntie SparkNotes for so many reasons. Here are the top 10: 1. She's hilarious 2. She invented the googly-eyed maniac 3. She gives... More  →
Happy Birthday, Auntie SparkNotes!!!

Open Thread for March 16

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2010
This fresh water stingray is named Hoover, and belongs to Sparkler Dominio77. A pet stingray?!?!? Scary! Doms, does Hoover let you feel his velvety soft underside, or tickle your scalp by playfully sucking up some of your hair, or... you know what? We think... More  →
Open Thread for March 16

What It's Like to Live In...Hampshire, England

By ContributorMarch 15, 2010
rosefan42, we ARE SO gonna marry Prince William! You're mean! * runs away crying* —SparkNotes editors As American people (or maybe just those Americans who Sparkle and/or post to MLIA and/or are shown in Love Actually) are pretty obsessed with all things British, I... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Hampshire, England

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterMarch 15, 2010
Sparklers, meet Lucky. Lucky belonged to skysquirrel417, who says he was her best friend from 1st grade until he passed away recently. Doesn't Lucky look so peaceful staring out the window of skysquirrel417's car? We love this pic because it was taken of Lucky's... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Sex Education Around the World

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 15, 2010
Here at SparkNotes, we're always up for a clinical, research-based conversation about sex ed. (We are definitely NOT up for giggling like a bunch of 12-year-old boys while competing to see who knows the funniest slang terms for various secondary sexual characteristics. No, that has... More  →
Sex Education Around the World

Live Blogging My Brain Before a Test

Sparkler Persie05988 is having a panic attack. Quick, someone get this girl a cookie or something! —SparkNotes editors So, it's finally here. The day of that exam you've been studying for all month. The day of that exam you've been dreading. The day of... More  →
Live Blogging My Brain Before a Test

When Sports Uniforms Go Terribly, Terribly Wrong

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 15, 2010
Those of you coming down with March Madness probably watched some NCAA basketball this weekend. (Go Cats!) We realize the NCAA championship is supposed to be a celebration of gambling the student-scholar and America's third favorite... More  →
When Sports Uniforms Go Terribly, Terribly Wrong

Auntie SparkNotes: Clerical Crushes

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 15, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, My crush is looking at a career as a man of the cloth. I'm also pretty sure he likes me back. The courses of action for both facts aren't exactly complementary. Normally, you leave priests alone, and seeing as he's off to study in... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Clerical Crushes

Espionage: High School Edition

By Katie_RolnickMarch 15, 2010
Wouldn't it be totally amazing if your school gave everyone laptops? "Duh," you're thinking. Now, wouldn't it be totally amazing if the school planted cameras in those laptops and activated them remotely so the school admins could spy on you when you used the laptop outside of... More  →
Espionage: High School Edition

Seven Plans for Spring

Sparkler Clemenceu has some very practical and motivating tips for spring! —SparkNotes editors In some areas, winter still dominates, but most of us are starting to see the tiniest inklings of this cold weather ending—rising temperatures or sunnier days. Whatever the evidence may be... More  →
Seven Plans for Spring