Skip over navigation

My Crush Is a Classic Film Star

By ContributorFebruary 24, 2010
Sparkler sakeller92, the author of this post, reminisces about the classic charm of silver screen legends from an era defined by leading men who were, well, manly. Unlike the neatly manicured stars of today's cinema (think Zac Efron), these men ate a steady diet of... More  →
My Crush Is a Classic Film Star

Three Reasons to Learn as Many Languages as You Can

How do you say, "Kezzie101 is amazing" in Zulu? —SparkNotes editors With the dominance of English in international relations, many languages seem to be falling into desuetude. (Much like the word "desuetude" in the English language.) And while it's natural for languages... More  →
Three Reasons to Learn as Many Languages as You Can

Auntie SparkNotes: Your Ex Is a Piranha. Figuratively Speaking.

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 24, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, It's Valentines day and I've found myself curled in front of my laptop, eating Ben and Jerry's and crying onto my cat's head. A few weeks ago I sent you a letter about being unsure about dating my ex again -- well, I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Your Ex Is a Piranha. Figuratively Speaking.

Olympic Highlights, Part 4

From the fast, rough action of hockey and cross to the grace of ice dancing and ski jumping, the second week of the Olympics opened with something for everyone. Thankfully, Sparkler equestrienne10 is back to fill you in on what you may have... More  →
Olympic Highlights, Part 4

Let's Analyze Your Dreams

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 24, 2010
Pull up your psychology couch, if you have one lying around. Recline on it in a thoughtful manner. Now, uh, get up and come back to the computer so you can read the rest of this post. Let's talk about recurring dreams. Did you know that... More  →
Let's Analyze Your Dreams

How to Make the Most Out of Community College

We think Sparkler BeauYouKnow deserves a full ride to NYU. (Yes, NYU, so she can stop by and say hi!) —SparkNotes editors I am, and always have been, an excellent student: I've conquered AP and Honors courses, been in clubs, tutored kids at a... More  →
How to Make the Most Out of Community College

Open Thread for February 24

By Emily WinterFebruary 24, 2010
Good morning-ish, Sparklers! Yesterday we asked you to send your collections of killer hot pink robots, but what we got was even better—midget penguins!!! Thanks, FadingRose, for this adorable pic.... More  →
Open Thread for February 24

Synchrogirl117's Book Review: Gone With the Wind

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2010
Sparkler synchrogirl117 has earned herself a new book series here on SL. Woot! (But we have a question: How could this be required reading when your class is all about personal choice?) —SparkNotes editors Hey there, Sparkle buddies! I recently started a new semester... More  →
Synchrogirl117's Book Review: Gone With the Wind

How to Not Lose an Argument With Your Parents

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 23, 2010
In most cases, an argument with your parents will begin as a "discussion" during which you try to present your case in a reasonable manner. Then objections are raised, and before long, the discussion devolves into a screaming match. To give yourself a fighting chance, you... More  →
How to Not Lose an Argument With Your Parents

Listen to the Music/Música/Musique

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2010
We knew KoontzRocks, but we didn't know KoontzRocks in, like, 17 different languages! —SparkNotes editors We all know the feeling: The dreadful clench in your stomach reminding you of an impending foreign language test. You know you have no hope to understand it at... More  →
Listen to the Music/Música/Musique