Skip over navigation
Prom

The 10 Worst Makeout Songs

By Lauren PassellAugust 17, 2010
Wooing your crush by going nuts with the light-dimmer, poofing up the pillows, and cranking... "The Chicken Dance"? Ack, stop right there! We can’t think of anything we’d less like to kiss to than these mood-crushing jams. 10. The theme from Super Mario Brothers. 9.... More  →
The 10 Worst Makeout Songs

Coping With Post-Potter Depression

By ContributorAugust 17, 2010
Keep your chin up, lonksthewriter—Harry will live on forever in the hearts of Sparklers and Sparkitors alike! In the fall of 2007, I became depressed. Uber-depressed. It was bad. My mom was worried, since I used... More  →
Coping With Post-Potter Depression

Murphy's Law of Student FAILs

By Lauren PassellAugust 17, 2010
Man alive, doesn’t it seem like sometimes you just can’t catch a break? As Murphy’s Law states, if something can go wrong, it probably will. And when you’re going back to school, sometimes it seems the Curse of Murph applies doubly extra. Here’s the... More  →
Murphy's Law of Student FAILs

The Hit List: The Best of Your Parents' Old Record Collection

aleyna22, we're going to build a a time machine just for you; THAT'S how much we love you. It should only take us the next 460 years. Get excited. —Sparkitors If I were Harry Potter (sadly, I recently found... More  →
The Hit List: The Best of Your Parents' Old Record Collection

Three Phylums of Nosy People

jtjuvenile must have a lot of people up in her biz. We're kinda jealous. —Sparkitors Unless your parents are zoologists doing research on polar bears in the North Pole and you're isolated from all of humanity, you will most definitely run into people who... More  →
Three Phylums of Nosy People

How to Be Awesome: Blogger's Edition

There are zillions of boring, jargon-y articles written by "industry professionals" about how to get blog followers. jgrudzy's post is so much better than all of them. —Sparkitors These days, everybody has a blog. I have a blog, you probably have a... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Blogger's Edition

The A to Z of School Supplies

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 17, 2010
The most exciting part of going back to school is shopping for new school supplies. After that, everything goes downhill fast. Don't rush the supply-buying process; savor it, and follow our A-Z guide to make sure you have everything you need. A is for... Anxiety. What... More  →
The A to Z of School Supplies

Auntie SparkNotes: Can You Be Friends With Your Ex?

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 17, 2010
If you don't have a boyfriend like this right now, you will at some point. Memorize Auntie's advice, y'all! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I have been dating this guy for a few months now, though recently, things haven't been so well between us. We argue almost every day,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Can You Be Friends With Your Ex?

My Crush Isn't Human

Sen-chan, we're totally with you—Merry and Pippin are studs!—Sparkitors With all the gorgeous homosapien boys out there, sometimes our non-human friends get overlooked. They may not always be swoon-worthy, but they're irresistibly cute! So in the interest of diversity, here are my picks... More  →
My Crush Isn't Human

Open Thread for August 17

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 17, 2010
WE WANT ONE, WE WANT ONE! We want a Pygmy puff in every color and every size. We would name them all "Larry" and we would teach them how to moonwalk. If any of y'all have a secret supply of these adorable little cotton balls,... More  →
Open Thread for August 17