Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterSeptember 4, 2009
This week's cute thing comes from Sparkler Proxidike, and yes, I'm pretty sure that's a motorcycle of some sort, which means that some very awesome captions are about to be thunk up. (Yes, "thunk." It's Friday. Isn't that the day you get to make... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Chris Listens: Falling for Your Best Friend

By Chris_DikenSeptember 3, 2009
EDITOR'S NOTE: On Wednesday, September 9, SparkNotes will present Dropping the F: Chris's Guide to Finding Love With Your BFF. If you've ever crushed out on one of your friends, be sure to check back on Wednesday for Chris's detailed strategies and tips for... More  →
Chris Listens: Falling for Your Best Friend

Creepy Carnies and Green Stuff in the Sink: To Miss, or Not To Miss?

By ContributorSeptember 3, 2009

Sparkler hannah12banana is making me feel guilty for torturing my little sister, but we editors love her post anyway. Congrats, hannah12banana, sounds like you've got the run of the house now! —SparkNotes Editors

For those of us who've had an older sibling all these

... More  →
Creepy Carnies and Green Stuff in the Sink: To Miss, or Not To Miss?

Enter the Mind of an Insomniac

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 3, 2009
The new school year leads to a new sleep schedule, and that means insomnia. It takes your body a few days or weeks to get reacquainted with the early morning, and this shock to the system can make it difficult to get to sleep at... More  →
Enter the Mind of an Insomniac

The First Rule of SparkNotes Is You Do Not Start a Fight Club

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 3, 2009
We never thought we’d say this, but here at SparkNotes, we’re awfully glad that you guys are going back to school next week. Not only because we’re anxious to help you study up for the SAT, write some kickass essays, and decipher once and... More  →
The First Rule of SparkNotes Is You Do Not Start a Fight Club

How to Defend an Unpopular Opinion

By Matt_HunzikerSeptember 3, 2009

Everybody has at least one. Either it’s a band that all of your friends like but you can’t stand, or a movie that your gf/bf keeps asking you to see, but you’d rather be trapped in a collapsed mine shaft. Then, even if you

... More  →
How to Defend an Unpopular Opinion

How to Impress People at College

By ContributorSeptember 2, 2009
We love this post by Sparkler iamem19 because it ventures into territory many of us are too embarrassed to talk about: our desperate yearning to impress people in college! Thanks for being honest, iamem19, and great ideas! —SparkNotes Editors As the summer comes to... More  →
How to Impress People at College

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterSeptember 2, 2009
Welcome to your Wednesday boredom-breaker, Sparklers! Yesterday, we saw this cool stop motion-ish video on boingboing.net. We admit, it's charm isn't comprised of eye-catching neon Post-Its, but it does use photos taken over the course of an entire year, and it kind of tells a story... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Oh Canada: Praise for Our Neighbors to the North

By Katie_RolnickSeptember 2, 2009
Attention all Facebook users: We owe Canada a big ole' thank you for pushing our favorite social networking site to amend and improve their privacy policies. The changes include requiring "third-party applications" (Mafia Wars anyone?) to specify the type of personal information they want to... More  →
Oh Canada: Praise for Our Neighbors to the North

Blogging New Moon: Part 17

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 2, 2009
Chapter Seventeen: Visitor Better Title: Alice and Bella Sitting in a Tree… Guess what. Carlisle wasn't waiting for Bella. It was Alice. And while I still like Alice's friendly good nature, by chapter's end, she will no longer hold the number two spot on Dan's List of... More  →
Blogging New Moon: Part 17