Skip over navigation

The Hit List: Rap for Those Who Hate Rap

By ContributorMay 27, 2010
Interpunct proves that even if hardcore rap isn't exactly your thing, this genre has something for everyone! —Sparkitors When I was 13, my taste in music was pretty simple: I liked anything and everything, as long as it wasn’t rap.... More  →
The Hit List: Rap for Those Who Hate Rap

Happy Birthday, Miss Marm!!!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 27, 2010
Do you know what today is? If you said "National Grape Popsicle Day!," you'd be right! But if you thought that a celebration of grape popsicles was the most important thing to happen today, you'd be WRONG. Because today is not just a day to... More  →
Happy Birthday, Miss Marm!!!

Movie Mashups

By Rachel KorowitzMay 27, 2010
Rachel Korowitz is one of our new SparkLife writers. Welcome to the fam, Rachel! —Sparkitors Fact: Most movies cost frillions* and kakillions* of dollars to make. But we've thought of a simple way for Hollywood to spend less money while massively improving movie quality: mash scripts... More  →
Movie Mashups

Auntie SparkNotes: And by "Nice," I Mean, "You're a Weenie"

By kat_rosenfieldMay 27, 2010
This guy sounds like your Sparkitors' idea of heaven. ADD, atheist, bad boy, scrawny? Yes, please! —Spark eds Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Auntie, I have a major problem—I'M TOO NICE!!! Okay, so there's this guy that I'm totally NOT interested in—he's the exact opposite of what I want in... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: And by

No Blogging Eclipse 'Til Tuesday

By SparkLifeMay 27, 2010
OUCH! You just burst our eardrums with your weeping in agony/shrieking in anguish/gasping in disbelief! Yes, yes, we know it's shocking, but Lieutenant Lasermind is a mere mortal, and like other humans, he sometimes has travel problems that prevent him from posting. Check in on Tuesday, when... More  →
No Blogging Eclipse 'Til Tuesday

A Day in the Life of a Magnet School Student

By ContributorMay 27, 2010
We'll just admit it: Sparkler LiterallyNow is smarter than us. We had to look up "defenestrate." And "waffles." —SparkNotes editors I’ll begin by clarifying this point: no, I am not average. Deal with it, or I shall pummel your brain with hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian and... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Magnet School Student

Open Thread for May 27

By Emily WinterMay 27, 2010
We know we've said it to other birds in the past, but this time it's different. This time we reallllly mean it: PRETTY BIRD! DazedinLife10 says... This is a picture of my bird TJ. He enjoys mooching off of other people's food, bobbing his... More  →
Open Thread for May 27

7 Worst Days of Summer

By ChrisFauxRealMay 26, 2010
Some summer days, the sun is shining, blockbusters starring sensitive, shirtless guys are dominating the movie screens, and you’re so eyeball-deep in fun that you hardly even remember the horror of homework. But alas, not every day of summer break can be perfect. Here are... More  →
7 Worst Days of Summer

The Arthurian Candidates

By ContributorMay 26, 2010
Pizza_dog54—that doesn't seem like the type of nickname a Arthurian expert would have, does it? Well, the world of full of surprises. —Sparkitors We have all heard about King Arthur. He’s the guy who pulled the sword from the stone (it was actually an... More  →
The Arthurian Candidates

How To Convince People You're Smarter Than You Actually Are

By Jon_SkindzierMay 26, 2010
For starters, you're already pretty smart. You're reading a blog on a literature site instead of just throwing your computer in the river because you can't figure out where the Facebooks are. But if you need to seem even ­smarter, because all your friends ever... More  →
How To Convince People You're Smarter Than You Actually Are