Skip over navigation

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Eat

By kat_rosenfieldApril 7, 2010
If you're stuck on the couch for the duration of your spring break, there's no need to be gloomy. Your SparkNotes editors feel your pain, and we've put together an all-encompassing guide to having the greatest spring break EVAR right in the comfort of your... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Eat

The Perks of Being Slow

By ContributorApril 7, 2010
We think TheBalticSea should run... for class clown. —SparkNotes editors Around the time I accidentally signed up for my school's cross country team (I thought it was a sign-in sheet for the informational meeting, not a Til-Death-Do-Us-Part contract), I noticed a lot of... More  →
The Perks of Being Slow

Awesome Thing of the Week

By NashApril 7, 2010
Last week was a little rough for Awesome Things—the April Fools prank vid was deemed only averagely-awesome, earning a score of 5.2/10 on The Scale of Awesomeness. This week, we'll spare the tomfoolery and leave you with this seriously funny (and remarkably thorough) satire... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: Brothers and Sisters

By kat_rosenfieldApril 7, 2010
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I had a neighbor since I was about 14 and she was 13 (let's call her Lilly) and we got along really well. We were good friends and nothing more, at that point I had purely platonic feelings for her. Fast forward 3 years: I'm... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Brothers and Sisters

Back to the Future Is the Perfect Movie

By Dan_BergsteinApril 7, 2010
This summer marks the 25th anniversary of Back to the Future. If you haven’t seen the movie, you should stop reading this and go rent it. Or buy it. Or buy three copies (one for the house, one for the car,... More  →
Back to the Future Is the Perfect Movie

Open Thread for April 7

By Emily WinterApril 7, 2010
We need a little love from Sparkler xXx_lola_xXx and her teddy bear today. We played softball and tennis after work yesterday, and now we're in serious pain. Do French teddies give massages? Or just kisses that should be outlawed for people under the age... More  →
Open Thread for April 7

Guylight, and Other Books for Dudes

By ContributorApril 6, 2010
Smokey778 may be the Stephanie Meyer of dude romance novels. Seriously. You heard it here first. —SparkNotes editors For the last several years, dudes have had to suffer the "Twilight Effect," or, as they call it, "I Must Be Such a Loser... More  →
Guylight, and Other Books for Dudes

Hello There: 5 Greetings to Make Anybody Smile

lilalovegood, you've brightened our day already—and you haven't even said Hi yet. —SparkNotes editors How many times do you get passed by and ignored in the halls at school? Wouldn't your morning be so much brighter if people... More  →
Hello There: 5 Greetings to Make Anybody Smile

Stages of a Breakup

We think SaraKG should be a lyricist for lovelorn folk singers. We also suspect she may have recently gone through a breakup? We hope you're doing well, Sara! —SparkNotes editors Stage One: Guilt (aka “Did I invest too much in my SO?”) It’s strange, the... More  →
Stages of a Breakup

Ten Forgotten Historical Events of Staggering Importance

By kat_rosenfieldApril 6, 2010
By now, you've probably already heard about the 2010 Texas Textbook To-Do—an interesting incident wherein a conservative majority on the Texas school board mandated changes to the textbooks used in public schools across the state. The new textbooks will portray the history and... More  →
Ten Forgotten Historical Events of Staggering Importance