Skip over navigation

The Hit List: Ben Folds

By ContributorOctober 7, 2010
MandeeJx3, you've got great taste; this ed loves Ben Folds! —Sparkitors For a guy who's as old as your dad, Ben Folds is pretty awesome. His style may take a little getting used to; I think it's best described... More  →
The Hit List: Ben Folds

What It's Like to Live in New Jersey

After this great post by meeeelisa, the Sparkitors might have to take a road trip to NJ! —Sparkitors Yes, Sparklers, I live in the now-infamous New Jersey. I've lived here my whole life, alongside many self-proclaimed "guidos," a band of three brothers who... More  →
What It's Like to Live in New Jersey

Auntie SparkNotes: Overcoming Homecoming

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 7, 2010
Nothing's cuter than Manklers, unless it's shy Manklers! —Sparkitors Well, if your inbox isn't fully flooded already with a whole lot of hollering home-comers, then I hope you can help me with my dreadful multi-dimensional dilemma. Pardon the alliterations, but I am in dire need... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Overcoming Homecoming

Rosefan42's List of Time Lords In Disguise

rosefan42, you might be a genius. Or you might be totally insane. Makes for good reading, either way!—Sparkitors As all Doctor Who fans know, the Doctor’s home planet was destroyed in the Last... More  →
Rosefan42's List of Time Lords In Disguise

Lucy's High School Life

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 7, 2010
And now a few words from our youngest Splogger, Lucy Hutchinson, who's an Australian baby genius. (And by "baby," we mean "college.") —Sparkitors Were you funny? I'm sure I was; people sometimes laughed at me before I'd even said anything! That's a good thing, right? A few... More  →
Lucy's High School Life

Open Thread for October 7

By Emily WinterOctober 7, 2010
blueblutterfly01 did this awesome artwork of an e-hunt, which is what this ed called elephants when she was three. We love this painting because it's Jackson Pollock meets safari, and the result is so very NOW.... More  →
Open Thread for October 7

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 6

By Emily WinterOctober 6, 2010
Chapters 16-18 MR. WICKHAM! Mr. Wickham is a guy who snuck into a previous chapter who I completely ignored. I had NO idea this dude was going to come in and muck things up in ways that are too complicated for baby geniuses, too jossipy for Jossip Jirl... More  →
 Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 6

How To Carve a Pumpkin: Illustrated

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 6, 2010
Are you confused, befuddled, or otherwise put off by the traditional autumnal activity of Halloween pumpkin-carving? Hey, you're not alone! In fact, many people are puzzled about why we repeatedly stab gourds—gourds that never even did anything to us!—for the sole purpose of creating front-porch... More  →
How To Carve a Pumpkin: Illustrated

My Most Embarrassing Moments: A Countdown—Numero 4

By ContributorOctober 6, 2010
Remember last week, when thenameselodie kicked off her Embarrassing Moments series with a quick trip down Humiliation Lane? Well, it's about to get worse. Elodie, if we weren't laughing so hard, we'd probably feel terrible for you.... More  →
My Most Embarrassing Moments: A Countdown—Numero 4

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 6, 2010
APPARENTLY, you guys didn't quite get the joke last week: the video (which this ed found HILARIOUS) scored an utterly DISMAL 1.96 on the Scale of Awesomeness. On the upside, Coffinmaker promised us a Scottish-kilt-clad dance, so things aren't... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week