Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Love Thyself (Hee Hee)

By kat_rosenfieldJune 16, 2010
Is it ok to hoist your own petard, if you will? Auntie has the answers.  —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I just read your column on when to have sex/when to wait, and so I think I'm going to ask you about this: masturbation. Okay, *phew*. I'm trying to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Love Thyself (Hee Hee)

Ode to the Pretzel Cone

By Dan_BergsteinJune 16, 2010
Have you ever wished for something your entire life, and then walked into the neighborhood ice cream shop to see that your dream has not only been made a reality, but a reality that costs just a buck? Such is the case with the More  →
Ode to the Pretzel Cone

How I Discovered The Catcher in the Rye

By ContributorJune 16, 2010
Tell us in the comments, embracethecheese: did you love the book? —Sparkitors Oh, crap. It’s 5th period, and I just remembered I finished my book during math class 3 ½ hours ago! I panic and wonder what I will possibly do during silent reading... More  →
How I Discovered The Catcher in the Rye

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 16, 2010
REALLY?!? Really. REALLY. But, seriously: REALLY?!? We give you 57 seconds of the dreamboat savior of the wizarding world, the handsomest redhead we've ever laid eyes on, and Hermione "Bombshell" Granger, and you give us an 8.91?!? That means you guys officially... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

How to Pick Your Stage Name

By Sean BombadilJune 16, 2010

Shakespeare (and Chelsea Dagger) once wrote "that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” But as smart as the bard was, this rule doesn't apply to the entertainment world. If you want... More  →

How to Pick Your Stage Name

Pretty Little Recap: Episode 2

By Emily WinterJune 16, 2010
Memorandum: To: ABC Family From: A Pretty Little Liar Blogger We, The Professional SparkLifian Bloggers of America, are writing to request free, unlimited use of on-set or press photos from your new TV series, Pretty Little Liars. We intend to publish these photos with our weekly... More  →
Pretty Little Recap: Episode 2

19 Teams You Won't See in the World Cup

Unless you're a cave-dwelling hermit with no TV, no internet access, and no friends, you've probably heard by now that this year's FIFA World Cup is currently underway in South Africa. (Note: The prior statement does not apply if you live in South Africa, where... More  →
19 Teams You Won't See in the World Cup

This Guy Wins the Internet

You've probably heard by now that Oprah Winfrey—a.k.a. The Grand High Queen of All Things Daytime Television—will throw in the towel next year, leaving her long-running talk show in order to eat gallons of ice cream while sitting on top of a giant... More  →
This Guy Wins the Internet

Open Thread for June 16

By Chelsea DaggerJune 16, 2010
Today's open thread image comes all the way from South Africa—where this editor happened to live for 5 months! Sparkler alex r. says:  I thought our open threads needed a little FIFA World Cup spirit! I took this photo of mosaic on... More  →
Open Thread for June 16

The Committee of Cool: Metro Station

By Chelsea DaggerJune 15, 2010
If you've managed to stop dry-heaving after last week's hipster heart surgery, congratulations. Those popsicle-stick ribs and horribly unhygienic doctors are still making us queasy, and things are about to take a turn for the worst—especially for a certain Mankler-turned-author-turned-casanova named MaxVZ.... More  →
The Committee of Cool: Metro Station