Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Home Schooler

By ContributorMarch 22, 2010
We'd love to see your PJ collection, LOTViolists! —SparkNotes editors I'm a homeschooled senior who spends most of her time in her PJs. I don't follow an online curriculum; rather, my mom plans my coursework. Here's a day in my life: 7:40 a.m. Hit snooze.... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Home Schooler

The Buried SparkLife

By ContributorMarch 22, 2010
Give frapp_cakes her own reality show, already! —SparkNotes editors On a recent weekend, while I was "working" on some projects for school and watching TV, I stumbled across a new show on MTV called The Buried Life. At first I was sad... More  →
The Buried SparkLife

How to Understand Your Pets

By Robert IsenbergMarch 22, 2010
Pets have feelings. They think about things. They have dreams and favorite pastimes. It's not always easy to tell what's going on in your pet's mind. But pay close attention, and you can sometimes read your pet's behavior. Here are some signs to look out... More  →
How to Understand Your Pets

Senioritis: When Old Things Happen to Young Students

By Ashley SpencerMarch 22, 2010
We all know the signs of standard senioritis: you mentally check out after your college acceptance letter arrives. You start packing immediately, even though you have practically an entire semester left. Your homework is incomplete, and your afterschool activities go unattended. But are you aware of... More  →
Senioritis: When Old Things Happen to Young Students

Open Thread for March 22

By Emily WinterMarch 22, 2010
This is Ally, potterlover19's dog. We love her eyebrows and whiskers!!! We want an Ally!!!... More  →
Open Thread for March 22

Open Thread for March 21

By EmmaMarch 21, 2010
We love this picture from kylxy. The Sparkler's bangs are pretty, and are those jams the Mankler's wearing? Cute!... More  →
Open Thread for March 21

Open Thread for March 20

By EmmaMarch 20, 2010
read_my_mind says, "This picture is adorable: it's a cat having had a bath. Who doesn't love anything more than a wet moggie?" We have two questions: 1. Why is British slang so much cuter than American slang? 2. Don't cats bathe themselves? We feel... More  →
Open Thread for March 20

The Wonderful World of High School Media

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 19, 2010
Lots of schools have their own little media empires going, which cover everything from student concerns ("OPINION: The Gym Mats Are So Gross That I Think I Got Typhus From Them") to administrative announcements ("NOTICE: Gym Closed Until We Buy New Gym Mats"). If you go... More  →
The Wonderful World of High School Media

What It’s Like to Live in...The Chicago 'Burbs

By ContributorMarch 19, 2010
Guess what! One of the SparkLife editors is from Chicago, just like sleepdeprived101! And ALL of the SparkLife eds are sleep-deprived! —SparkLife eds The Chi-town suburbs are definitely the best place to grow up. We have jet packs, flying cars, Oompa Loompas and jellybean... More  →
What It’s Like to Live in...The Chicago 'Burbs

Auntie SparkNotes: And the Heart Says, "Duuuh"

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 19, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes I think I might have the worst timing in the universe when it comes to my love life. I’ve never really been the “dating type”; I’m not a big fan of the drama that tends to come with it. But recently I found... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: And the Heart Says,