Skip over navigation

Open Thread for November 3

By Emily WinterNovember 3, 2010
~too~ made a Harry Potter Pumpkin! We looooooooooove him, and hope he's not all nasty and wilted by now. What do you think he should be called: A Very Potter Pumpkin, or Harry Pumpkin?... More  →
Open Thread for November 3

Auntie SparkNotes: Snogphobia

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 2, 2010
Auntie hears from a Sparkler who feels about kissing the way we do about cantaloupe (what?? It's gross.) —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I really really hate when people kiss. I think it's the most disgusting thing high schoolers or college students can do in the hallway. Whenever I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Snogphobia

The Playlist to End All Playlists, Part "We Want Some More"

By ContributorNovember 2, 2010
Our inboxes are brimming with Playlist submissions—here are some of our most recent favorites for your listening pleasure!—Sparkitors The Nerd’s Basic Booster Pack by Nerdfighteria: DFTBA feat. Mike Aranda by Hank Green Here Comes My Baby by... More  →

The Dos and Don'ts of Online Stalking

DontWorryBeHappy:) gives us the lowdown on creepin' on our computers. This is useful stuff.—Sparkitors Admit it: you're a stalker. How do I know this? Because I'm stalking you. In today's world, practically everyone is guilty of creeping, and the... More  →

Application Essay: Anthem Anxiety

By Miss MarmNovember 2, 2010
Laura is working on a college application essay about terror, tarnished reputations, and fifth grade. Check it out!

Prompt: Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.

More  →

Application Essay: Anthem Anxiety

My Anything-But-Average High School Experience

We don't hear too many stories like chasingsquirrels' on SparkLife, but when we do, we're always inspired! —Sparkitors I recently read the post 6 Reasons Why My High School is... More  →

How To Be The Baddest Villain Ever

IWontGrowUp knows that bad means good, especially when you're a criminal mastermind.—Sparkitors Want to be feared, reviled, and just generally disliked? Probably not, but I don't care. Pretend you're gunning for the title of "Baddest Villain Ever," put on your grimiest crime-doing face,... More  →

Video War: Paramore vs. Boys Like Girls

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 2, 2010
After reading last week's comments, we've made several scientifically verifiable observations: 1. You guys have an unhealthy obsession with Hayley Williams' hair. 2. Ashley Tisdale ain't winning any popularity contests around here. 3. Chelsea Dagger is criminally good-looking. That last one might be... More  →

How to Be Awesome: Argument Edition

Just in time for election day, jgrudzy! We've seen some politicians use these tactics over the last few months, but we had no idea they were coming from you!  —Sparkitors This one is simple. How can you be awesome when you're arguing with someone?... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Argument Edition

A Day in the Life of a Theater Kid (During Hell Week)

We’re floored by your dedication, mrs.draco416. But it starts to make sense when you mention the free Chik-fil-A. –Sparkitors You know what a theater kid is. We’re those nutty, eccentric students who are always running around school muttering lines under their breath, trying on different... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Theater Kid (During Hell Week)