Skip over navigation

Movie Review: You Again

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 29, 2010
Every now and again, a movie comes along that's so by-the-numbers, so unfunny and superficial, and so insulting to the audience (i.e. "I actually paid $12.50 for this?") that the only thing to do is celebrate its total craptasticness. Sparklers...get ready for... *drumroll* BAD MOVIE BINGOOOOOOOOO! SPOILER ALERT... More  →
Movie Review: You Again

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 5

By Emily WinterSeptember 29, 2010
Chapters 12-15 The giant co-ed sleepover party at the Bingley house is over. Don't have a meltdown. The sleepover turned out to be a bust! I'm glad it's over! There was no kissing, no Truth or Dare, no Pin the Tail on the Darcy, no putting Caroline... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 5

Live! From the Homecoming Red Carpet

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 29, 2010
Thanks for joining me for our special edition of Live! From the Red Carpet. We’re outside Niles West High School in Skokie, Illinois, and the crowds of teenagers, their dates, and their emotional baggage are starting to pour in. Emerging from vehicles that range from... More  →
Live! From the Homecoming Red Carpet

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 2 (Britney/Brittany)

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 29, 2010
OMG, Uncle Jesse IN THE HOUSE. But before we get to that, here's some background: Kurt’s lobbying for Glee to perform a Britney Spears song at the Homecoming assembly, and Shue is weirdly reluctant—as is Glee clubber Brittany, full name Brittany S. Pierce, whose been living... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 2 (Britney/Brittany)

Life According to Ginger: Dorm Tour

By ContributorSeptember 29, 2010
We lived in a triple during our freshman year, too. Three girls, three beds, one room, countless renditions of "My Bologna Has a First Name." —Sparkitors Dorm rooms, as a general rule, are all exactly the same and look like prison cells. Unless you make them... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Dorm Tour

Auntie SparkNotes: A Crippling Fear of Flesh

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 29, 2010
If you'll excuse us, we need to go change out of these booty shorts. —Sparkitors Hi Auntie. I feel really out of place most of the time, as people are flirting incessantly and I personally think it’s disgusting. I’d rather everyone covering as much skin they possibly... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Crippling Fear of Flesh

Ferris Bueller: Good Guy or King of the Jerks?

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 29, 2010
Welcome back to the SparkNotes Movie Club. By now you should have watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. If you haven’t, stop reading this, because there will be spoilers, and hidden messages about pie. (Doog si eip) If the movie company needs a box quote for the... More  →
Ferris Bueller: Good Guy or King of the Jerks?

Open Thread for September 29

By Emily WinterSeptember 29, 2010
Joy to the loam! The loam has come! Let loamy soil be loamy... and soily! Amazing pic courtesy of Oreosmooshy.... More  →
Open Thread for September 29

New Series: Video War (Plus More Gratuitous Rolling Stones References!)

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 28, 2010
Remember last week’s post, when we dropped Mick Jagger’s name like it wasn’t no thang and basically implied that his band was older than dirt? Well, it’s about to happen ALL OVER AGAIN. Hey, it’s not our fault; the Stones just happen to... More  →
New Series: Video War (Plus More Gratuitous Rolling Stones References!)

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2B!

By ContributorSeptember 28, 2010
Whoa, that was a close contest. We had to count every single one of the 230-something votes. We haven't counted this much since we tried to pay for a cab in pennies. That was such a horrible day! Anyway, flag 21 was Friday's winner. Congrats,... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2B!