Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Claiming Your Crush

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 5, 2010
Here in Auntieville, I spend a lot of time feeling guilty about my inability to answer more than one letter at once. So when two closely related letters showed up within just a day of each other, that was pretty exciting—it's a two-fer! And if... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Claiming Your Crush

25 Lists That Don’t Need To Exist

By Nate DernFebruary 5, 2010
From David Letterman’s Top Ten to your English teacher’s 50 Words To Know For The SAT Verbal Section, lists turn up just about anywhere you look. And though they can be a useful way to organize and display information in an easy-to-digest format, there is... More  →
25 Lists That Don’t Need To Exist

The New York City Public School System, Demystified

By ContributorFebruary 5, 2010
When we moved to New York, we were shocked at how competitive and complicated the school system is compared to everywhere else in the US. Luckily, Sparkler Nyce17 submitted a post that breaks it down for us. —SparkNotes editors I’m pretty sure no one... More  →
The New York City Public School System, Demystified

How to Survive Group Projects

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 5, 2010
Sometimes group projects rock, like when you skate through them, doing barely any work, and still manage to get an A because you were put in a group with that controlling girl with the really tight braids who's neurotic about her GPA and her... More  →
How to Survive Group Projects

Times I've Wanted to Kick My Sibling's Butt

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 5, 2010
We love ‘em, we hate ‘em, we want to hit them repeatedly in their oversize heads with pillows made of sheet rock. Who are they? Who else: our ever-lovin’, unbearably intolerable siblings. Below are some REAL LIFE stories from the REAL LIFE relationship between... More  →
Times I've Wanted to Kick My Sibling's Butt

Bullies: An Anthropological Survey

By Katie_RolnickFebruary 4, 2010
On TV and in movies, bullies are often depicted in the same way: as big, muscle-bound goons with limited vocabularies who push around people much smaller than themselves. While these archetypal thugs certainly exist, bullies, like us non-bully types, come in all shapes... More  →
Bullies: An Anthropological Survey

Different Types of Nicknames

By ContributorFebruary 4, 2010
Sparkler 0SHNO0 wrote this post about nicknames, and for once we're not talking about SparkNotes nicknames, but the ones you get out there in in the cold, cruel real world. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors Most people think a nickname is just something your... More  →
Different Types of Nicknames

Blogging Eclipse: Part 12

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 4, 2010
Chapter Twelve: Time Better Title: If You Marry a Vampire in High School, You Might be a Redneck After blogging Chapter Eleven, I was exhausted and on the verge of giving up. But I'm not a quitter. I may be lazy, tiny-wristed, stubborn, loud, tall, roguishly handsome,... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 12

Hanging Out with Jazzy: Simply Awesome YouTube Series

Jazzy, aka villanous_mwaha, writes 3,409 blog posts per hour, so we're keeping up with her every Thursday on SparkLife! —SparkNotes editors The only thing more entertaining than watching one-off hilarious moments on YouTube is watching hilarious YouTube series. These consist of a number of... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: Simply Awesome YouTube Series

What It's Like to Live In...Kaysville, Utah

While we prepare to go skiing at a tiny little hill (anyone have an extra pair of snowpants? Is it still okay to wear those?), Sparkler coolldude30 is frolicking around the Rocky Mountains. Hmph. —SparkNotes editors I live in Kaysville, Utah... yes the very... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Kaysville, Utah