Skip over navigation
Prom

Life Without A Sense Of Smell

By ContributorSeptember 9, 2010
Dear thenameselodie: this post is so good that we actually stopped eating our lasagna ravioli in order to give it our full attention. Now THAT'S love.—Sparkitors Life without a sense of smell… …is HORRIBLE. Just kidding. I think... More  →
Life Without A Sense Of Smell

Foolproof Ways to Build Self-Confidence

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 9, 2010
Sparklers, we know you are all big vats of bubbling awesomesauce. Your friends know you are awesomesauce. Your family knows you are awesomesauce. Even your teachers, despite all appearances, know you are awesomesauce. But everyone—even your poised, optimistic, imperturbable, phlegmy phlegmatic... More  →
Foolproof Ways to Build Self-Confidence

Open Thread for September 9

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 9, 2010
Our darling Emily Winter is working from home today, because, in her words, "My face is a gigantic booger." In an effort to make her feel better (and hopefully improve her complexion), we'd like to present this momentously awful-looking... More  →
Open Thread for September 9

What It's Like To Live In... Shanghai

By ContributorSeptember 8, 2010
Hannah, this post is absolutely incredible! Thanks so much for sharing your Shanghai experience!—Sparkitors Hello Sparklers! I am an American expatriate living in Shanghai, China.  Since I moved here this summer, I’ve come to really enjoy it.  My life... More  →
What It's Like To Live In... Shanghai

If Your High School Life Were a Movie

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 8, 2010
Is your real life like any of the amazing and cheesy movies about teenagers? Probably not, unless your mom happens to be an awesome screenwriter who’s actually writing something loosely based on your life in order to pay for your college tuition. But if your... More  →
If Your High School Life Were a Movie

A Day in the Life of a High School Sorority Rushee

oliveoil5047, where do you live?!?! —Sparkitors Where I come from, sororities aren’t just a college thing; they’ve invaded our high schools, too. We have two sororities, and neither of them have cool Greek names like Alpha Theta Awesome, or Phi Beta Dagger; they're Sub... More  →
A Day in the Life of a High School Sorority Rushee

Hairstyles of Horror

You may know faith_in_absence from her series Never Been Kissed, but today she's here to talk hair! —Sparkitors Unfortunately, I have a horrible track record of making stupid hair decisions before the first day of school. And, of course, my yearbook pictures... More  →
Hairstyles of Horror

To Date Or Not To Date, That Is The Question

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 8, 2010
Maybe your new crush is your shop-class partner. Maybe it’s the patchouli-scented dude who sells gently-used Girl Scout cookies in the school parking lot. Maybe it's your cousin (it REALLY shouldn't be your cousin, though). Whoever he or she might be, you should always consider... More  →
To Date Or Not To Date, That Is The Question

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1B

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
Congratulations *opens the envelope* lleya for winning the very first round of our SparkNotes flag contest! This flag will move on to round 2, which will begin whenever we finish round 1, which will be... we don't know. If you have no idea... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1B

The Ellie Report: How to Save Face When The Teacher Catches You Daydreaming

Ellielikespie, we much prefer your analysis of Lord of the Flies to any other analysis ever written, even by us. —Sparkitors It's 1:30 pm and your teacher is droning on and on about something, but you only catch the... More  →
The Ellie Report: How to Save Face When The Teacher Catches You Daydreaming