Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for October 28

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 28, 2011
Our very own Splogger Kathryn Williams sent us this picture of a brilliant microwave—any microwave with specific settings for kids' meals is a winner in our eyes! Also, we really want some chicken nuggets right now.Do you have a picture to share? Send it... More  →
Open Thread for October 28

The Hit List: 5 Bands You Need To Know, Part IV

By ContributorOctober 27, 2011
If you're not taking Metalhead865's advice about music by now, you're probably crazy. —Sparkitors Hello again, SparkWorld. It's become apparent that I've basically taken over the Hit List column here...which is unfortunate, since I really can't fix your music tastes all on my lonesome.... More  →
The Hit List: 5 Bands You Need To Know, Part IV

10 People Who Should Have British Accents

ginger00416 has a point: anyone who's awesome should automatically get a British accent. —Sparkitors It is a well-known fact that people are just better when they have British accents. However, some people are just so awesome that they should just have a... More  →
10 People Who Should Have British Accents

5 Splogger Halloween Costumes

By EmmaOctober 27, 2011
What are your Sploggers planning to dress up as for Halloween? Not sexy cats, we can tell you that much. Rachel Korowitz: An Occupy Wall Street-er, but more specifically, this guy. Lauren Passell: Imma be a Luchadore, inspired by this. And although my... More  →
5 Splogger Halloween Costumes

Halloween Fashion, Part One

By ApneetOctober 27, 2011
It’s that time of year again: time for costume parties, trick-or-treating, and all-around delinquent behavior. I took a couple of friends to scavenge with me for witchy, unusual pieces to wear to various haunted houses and parties planned for the weekend. We... More  →
Halloween Fashion, Part One

How to Creep Out a Creeper

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 27, 2011
Just in time for Creeper Week, I recently discovered that I've got a peeping Tom! A peeping Tom who smokes nasty Newports outside my bedroom window at 4:30 in the morning and tramples my plants. (Still got it.) Unfortunately, I have a feeling... More  →
How to Creep Out a Creeper

The Death of Snail Mail

BeastAC might think snail mail beats email, but she still emailed us this post. Just sayin.' —Sparkitors As time has progressed, lots of things have died: your pet hamster (your parents said it "ran away"), your favorite iPod (darn that 12-hour battery!), your touch... More  →
The Death of Snail Mail

Ask Jono: Do Guys Notice Makeup?

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 27, 2011
Dear Jono, Just wanted to say, I love your column. Aaaaannd I have a question as well. Do guys notice when girls are wearing makeup? That is all. :) In a sentence: yes, but they have no idea what it is they're noticing. Now, that's only based on what... More  →
Ask Jono: Do Guys Notice Makeup?

Do the Creep

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 27, 2011
Today's video, sent in by just_me_Emily, is basically the anthem of the week. And it's awesome (but really slightly scary). Also, does anyone else find it really, really adorable that the little kid has a mustache? Send your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Do the Creep

What's Your Favorite Musical? The Movie Club Dissects The Rocky Horror Picture Show

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 27, 2011
It’s been a few hours since we all watched The Rocky Horror Picture, and since Halloween is creeping up on us, why wait any longer to discuss the movie? This was our first time using the CoverItLive live-blogging technology, and it went reasonably... More  →
What's Your Favorite Musical? The Movie Club Dissects The Rocky Horror Picture Show