Search Menu
Menu

The Best 5-Year-Old Rapper in the World

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 12, 2011
I am totally impressed—this little girl can really rap. And sing. And memorize an entire Nicki Minaj song. And she has an adorable accent. Not to mention, her cover of "Super Bass" is waaay better than both Taylor Swift's AND Selena Gomez's. Anybody else... More  →
The Best 5-Year-Old Rapper in the World

The LDR: A Participant's Perspective

By ContributorOctober 12, 2011
carrieaimelire is an expert on the art of dating while apart (and we are experts at rhymes that don't really make sense. Buttever). —Sparkitors If you’re confused, LDR= long-distance relationship. If you’re excited to read this, you are in one. If you’re apprehensive, your perception... More  →
The LDR: A Participant's Perspective

The Advantages of Being Homeschooled

readergrl96 knows you're homeschooling prejudiced, and wants to remind you that taking class mere yards from your bed has some hardcore benefits. –Sparkitors My name is readergrl96, and I'm a homeschooler. Wait! Don't run away! I'm not scary, honest! While the thought of associating... More  →
The Advantages of Being Homeschooled

How to Make History

Flyergirl13 tells you how to become the next Abe Lincoln. Only, you know, minus the assassination.—Sparkitors There are a few things you need to know about history. First, I love it. APUSH, AP World all... More  →
How to Make History

Why You Should Embrace the Liberal Arts

Courtney Guth wants you to give Liberal Arts a biggggg hug. Go on. Do it.—Sparkitors Inevitably, any time I mention my major to someone, I get the response: “Oh, so you’re an English major? What are you going to do with that? Teach?” While... More  →
Why You Should Embrace the Liberal Arts

How to Fix Superhero Movies

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 12, 2011
We’ve explained how to fix Star Wars and how to make a good Smurfs movie. Now it’s time to focus on the superhero film genre, a genre that certainly needs some help. This summer saw the release of a thousand comic book movies... More  →
How to Fix Superhero Movies

Auntie SparkNotes: Roommate Privacy 101

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 12, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm another freshman in college with a problem... so I'm asking for your help because I'm losing sleep over my situation. It's really simple, actually. During the first week of college, my roommate just "clicked" with 12 other girls on my floor (basically the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Roommate Privacy 101

Open Thread for October 12

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 12, 2011
orangexjuicexpsycho sent us this picture of her desk. It includes: "a Dwight Schrute bobble head, a tacky Mary of Guadalupe lamp that lights up and spins, a dead school-issued ipad, a Regina Spektor CD, and a TV so that I can watch... More  →
Open Thread for October 12

Etiquette for the Internets: How To NOT Be a Deuceface

By ContributorOctober 11, 2011
TanTan follows up his uber-controversial NBK post with a guide to online debating (and also invents the word "deuceface," which we may or may not be obsessed with).—Sparkitors First off, I would just like to clarify that my last... More  →
Etiquette for the Internets: How To NOT Be a Deuceface

The Splogger Ladies Present: Our Most Embarrassing Period Stories

By Emily WinterOctober 11, 2011
You know what periods lead to? Babies (sort of). Also, disaster. Aunt Flow doesn't just visit, she burns the house down. Ever heard of The Red Scare? Yeah, that was us. We've been playing for Cincinnati for a lotta years now, and boy oh brother... More  →
The Splogger Ladies Present: Our Most Embarrassing Period Stories