Skip over navigation

Application Essay: I Had Cancer

By Miss MarmNovember 9, 2010
Jodi writes about a harrowing experience in her application essay. Check out her story.

A teacher once told me that if a person lives a perfect and uneventful life, he or she wouldn’t actually be living a life

... More  →
Application Essay: I Had Cancer

Five Reasons Why Darren Criss is Totally Awesome

By ContributorNovember 9, 2010
EricaJane1224 asked us to publish this today in honor of Darren's Glee debut tonight, and we just couldn't say no! —Sparkitors For a lot of Sparklers (myself included), Darren Criss is... More  →

Jetpacks, Spaceships, and Schweebs: Awesome Alternate Modes of Transportation

Are you wondering what the heck a Schweeb is? Don't worry: ~too~ has the answer! —Sparkitors Here at SparkLife, we have a responsibility to keep the world exciting. One way to achieve this? By ditching old-fashioned and boring modes... More  →

Auntie SparkNotes: Your A Does Not Impress

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 9, 2010
Funny how parents see your Cs perfectly well, but go blind when it's time to look at your As. —Sparkitors Hey Auntie! How's it going? My life is great, except for one little problem. My parents seem to always see the bad things about me, and never... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Your A Does Not Impress

Winter Fashion: Coats of Many Colors

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 9, 2010
Baby, it's cold outside! And that means we need to cover our shizz in attractive, insulated outerwear. But when it comes to choosing a winter coat, there are so many options that even the most educated fashionista could get overwhelmed by it all and end... More  →
Winter Fashion: Coats of Many Colors

7 More Ridiculous School Quotes

GinnyPotter1 is here to satisfy our insatiable thirst for ridiculous school quotes! –Sparkitors Though Jess2895’s post about funny quotes from her school is definitely hilarious, I think my school gives hers a run for its money. Here are a few of the more... More  →
7 More Ridiculous School Quotes

Video War: Rihanna Vs. OneRepublic

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 9, 2010
Well, Sparklers, you may love Rupert Grint, but last week's comments proved that having red hair and an R in your name doesn't win necessarily win your affection or allegiance. You ranted about Rihanna's wardrobe choices and raved about OneRepublic's cello solo—and as... More  →

What It's Like to Live in Durban, South Africa

This editor studied abroad only 45 minutes from Durban—and muslimah8160 is right, it's totally amazing! —Sparkitors Living in Durban, South Africa has its ups and downs, but for the most part, I absolutely love it! Here are the reasons why: 1. Fun... More  →

What to Keep in Your Emergency Wardrobe Malfunction Emergency Response Kit

By Lucy HutchinsonNovember 9, 2010
You know, your Emergency Wardrobe Malfunction Emergency Response Kit! The one you keep in your locker or backpack, in case your socks catch fire or all the sequins fall off your bowtie! What do you mean, you don't have an Emergency Wardrobe Malfunction Emergency Response... More  →
What to Keep in Your Emergency Wardrobe Malfunction Emergency Response Kit

5 People You'll Meet at the Midnight Premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

By Melissa AlbertNovember 9, 2010
Part of Harry Potter's amazingness is his ability to unite people young and old, sane and crazy, in their love of all things wizardly. Yes, everyone from your uncle's one-armed barber to your principal (in full Vernon Dursley costume) is going to be at this epic event. Here are a few of... More  →