Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Student in Nigeria

By ContributorAugust 16, 2010
Thanks so much for giving us the scoop on school in Nigeria, smartygirl10! I've read multiple A Day in the Life posts and enjoyed them all, but I recently realized... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Student in Nigeria

Open Thread for August 16

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2010
We would much rather be staring out at this gorgeous view right now than eating stale Devil Dogs for breakfast, but from what noisettepancake tells us, we probably wouldn't survive the climb: This is the view from an observatory in Hawaii. I literally almost... More  →
Open Thread for August 16

Open Thread for August 15

By EmmaAugust 15, 2010
What is this dog's name? We don't know. Which Sparkler sent us this pic? We couldn't say. Why does looking at this picture give us the urge to crawl into bed and sob until our eyes are swollen shut? We think that's obvious. ... More  →
Open Thread for August 15

Open Thread for August 14

By EmmaAugust 14, 2010
This ed messed up last weekend's open thread, and she humbly apologizes and begs your forgiveness. Her heart is as heavy as a Sedona rock and as pained as the butt of someone who just sat on a cactus. A THOUSAND SORRIES. Elana28 sent... More  →
Open Thread for August 14

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 8

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 13, 2010
Chapter Eight: Waiting for the Damn Fight to Start Already Bella's Title: Concupiscence Jacob! The middle section of this book shifts focus, and instead of listening to Bella yap about how her life is worse than hell despite the fact that she gets everything she wants,... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 8

Tiffany Totally Knows Fall Fashion

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 13, 2010
Hiiiiii, y'all! Yeah, that's right—the Thongbiscuit is BACK! Tiffany in the hizzouse! OHMAGAHD, y'all, it has been so long. And I bet you guys have been wondering where I was, right? Well, I am going to TELL YOU: my fashion design teacher told us that we... More  →
Tiffany Totally Knows Fall Fashion

Notes You Do NOT Want to Get Caught Passing in Class

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 13, 2010
Sure, the stone tablet has been replaced by the more user-friendly text message (have you ever tried chiseling a runestone that says, "Jack's gonna ask you to homecoming!!!!" under your desk?), but the age-old tradition of passing notes in... More  →
Notes You Do NOT Want to Get Caught Passing in Class

Happy Notpocalypse!

By ContributorAugust 13, 2010
currybelle, you might just be a GENIUS.—Sparkitors Hello. Did you notice how boring that sounded? No? I'll say it again. HELLO.  Not only is this greeting terribly overused, it is also duller than a double lesson taught by Professor Binns. Be... More  →
Happy Notpocalypse!

A Day in the Life of a Beach Soccer Player

By ContributorAugust 13, 2010
laxchicscore96 sent us a picture of herself playing beach soccer to go along with the post. We want those beach socks! —Sparkitors I recently had a beach soccer tournament down in California. Here's how it happened: 8 a.m. I wake up in the dull hotel room... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Beach Soccer Player

Auntie SparkNotes: Brainy and Bashful

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 13, 2010
We can totally relate to this Sparkler's problem. We're supergeniuses at eating cake, and it makes our friends jealous and confused. What can we say, we're like the Rain Man of frosting. —Sparkitors Auntie, I have a problem that most people probably wish they had. I'm really... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Brainy and Bashful