Skip over navigation

Eighteen Horrible Facebook Groups

By ContributorApril 20, 2010
missmolly02481, we vow never to lose our phone (and talk about it on Facebook) ever again. —SparkNotes editors Inevitably, it happens to all of us: It may be early Monday morning, when you take a quick peek on your iPhone. Or maybe it's late... More  →
Eighteen Horrible Facebook Groups

How To Write Fiction: 5 Key Rules

By Jon_SkindzierApril 20, 2010
As any creative writing teacher (who isn't busy prancing around in a meadow) will tell you, writing fiction, or fanfiction, isn't really all that hard, as long as you avoid a few of the common creative writing pitfalls. It also requires using the goofy half... More  →
How To Write Fiction: 5 Key Rules

Auntie SparkNotes: Taking a Dump on Human Decency

By kat_rosenfieldApril 20, 2010
Is revenge a dish best served right around prom time? Auntie tells us how to handle people who rudely rejected our prom invites. Hi Auntie Sparknotes, So I followed your guide and asked one of my friends to prom as just friends a few days ago. The... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Taking a Dump on Human Decency

What to Do When… You’re a Friampion

By ContributorApril 20, 2010
nightshade5509 knows that Friday Awards and alligator wrestling go together like cheese and...everything. —SparkNotes editors You see the SparkLife homepage and notice the Friday Awards post. You click on it, hoping to successfully “BAM!” the post. So, now that you’ve scrolled frantically to the... More  →
What to Do When… You’re a Friampion

Open Thread for April 20

By Emily WinterApril 20, 2010
We get so many pics of puppies and kittens, and then...this? We love it for its originality and pure randomness. The Sparkler who took this picture, Aditrs, says: Hey Sparkitors! The office chair I use to sit on when I go on my desktop... More  →
Open Thread for April 20

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterApril 19, 2010

What could be cuter than a frog hanging from a piece of bamboo?

More  →

Cute Thing of the Week

Before There Was YouTube, There Were Lobster Magnets

By kat_rosenfieldApril 19, 2010
In the realm of internet time-sucking devices, there are few things more powerful than YouTube. We're willing to bet that you've experienced it firsthand. One minute you're giggling at cat videos, singing along to the musical bizarre-itude of the Trololo guy, and watching "Downfall" parodies... More  →
Before There Was YouTube, There Were Lobster Magnets

My Crush Is a TV Character

By ContributorApril 19, 2010
houseobsessed14 has a thing for television doctors. Can you guys guess which one is her favorite? —SparkNotes editors Here on SparkLife, we've had roughly 50 bajillion of these "crush" posts. I've seen everything from cartoon characters to men old enough to be my father.... More  →
My Crush Is a TV Character

Basic Skills Every Teen Needs to Know

helloimamac is so wise, especially on the topic of slang. When this ed was 13, she said "niner" at least once in every sentence, even though she had no idea what it meant. *shakes head and crawls in a... More  →
Basic Skills Every Teen Needs to Know

Why Phineas and Ferb Is Amazing

The P&F website puts us in a trance. We're obsessed. Thanks, jonanners, for this fantastic blog post! —SparkNotes editors Is there a Sparkler out there who doesn't adore Phineas's triangle-shaped head and Ferb's awesome mechanical skills? The Disney TV series Phineas and... More  →
Why Phineas and Ferb Is Amazing