Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 1, 2010
This video gets picked because... well... you'll see. The payoff is all in the last 20 seconds, but it's worth the ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 1

By Emily WinterDecember 1, 2010
The Periodic Table of... SPARKNOTES?!??! Our brains are, uh, burning (?) from all the Sulfer, BUT WE LOVE IT. Thanks, flyergirl13!... More  →
Open Thread for December 1

Auntie SparkNotes: OMNG

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 30, 2010
Apparently, screaming, "Shut up or I'll kick you!" isn't a good way to handle rude people. Auntie teaches us so much! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a bit of a problem: I am an Atheist, but that's not the problem. The issue here is people's reaction... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: OMNG

How to Keep Daylight Savings from Ruining Your Fun

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 30, 2010
Unless you're a farmer, the end of daylight saving time stinks. One day you're chasing lightning bugs and watching the sun set half an hour before bed; the next, a cloak of darkness descends at 4:30 in the afternoon. Already, shorter... More  →
How to Keep Daylight Savings from Ruining Your Fun

How To Be The Perfect IB Learner

By ContributorNovember 30, 2010
the.elephant.is.on.fire is about to tell you how to master your IB program—erm, kind of.—Sparkitors Any  Sparklers who are currently suffering through the horrors of the International Baccalaureate program will love this: I went to a PRIVATE IB school. Basically,... More  →

What to Buy Your Frenemy for Christmas

By Lauren PassellNovember 30, 2010
Have you made your holiday shopping list yet? Mom? Check. Aunt Bob? Check. Your frenemy? Yes, your frenemy. We don't support inauthenticity, but there are some occasions which require you to compliment someone when you don't mean it, invite someone you don't like to your... More  →
What to Buy Your Frenemy for Christmas

15 Reasons Exams Are Awful

If hating exams was a career, amaryllismoon would be gettin' PAID.—Sparkitors Are you stressed? Do you wake up in the middle of the night, trying to figure out when you fell asleep and what subject you... More  →

Why Cultural Understanding Is Important To Me

TheWeirdWon has an important message about tolerance and cultural understanding to share, and we hope everyone listens!—Sparkitors Today, I was sitting in my Spanish class, just like I do every morning. We were reviewing verb conjugations, and a lot of the class was struggling... More  →

5 Slang Words that Aren't Catching On

By Lucy HutchinsonNovember 30, 2010
It can be hard to keep up with slang. One day, you're all hip with the lingo, the next, everyone is saying "That's so plush!" and you have no idea whether they're talking about stuffed animals or someone's hair. We've collected a few slang terms... More  →
5 Slang Words that Aren't Catching On

My Dan Bergstein FAIL

clumsyisthenewblack had a brush with greatness—sort of.—Sparkitors I'm sure that everyone on Sparklife knows and loves the incredibly awesomesauce Twilight blogger, Dan Bergstein. He's the essence of all that is cool,... More  →