Skip over navigation

Inventive Ways to Get Your Older Sib's Homework Help

By ContributorApril 29, 2010
We think ProposeWithOreos is a secret math genius. She will now be handling our personal finances, since we are incapable. —SparkNotes editors My brother decided to play a SUPER annoying song at full volume in his room so that I'd come in to turn... More  →
Inventive Ways to Get Your Older Sib's Homework Help

Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Offended That You're Offended

By kat_rosenfieldApril 29, 2010
It's annoying when people assume you have a perfect life. But just how annoyed should you get? Auntie tells us. —SparkNotes editors Hi Auntie! So, there's this boy. He's always really nice to me and we joke around a lot, plus he's capable of intelligent conversation, but... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Offended That You're Offended

How to Handle an Over-Competitive Friend

By Dan_BergsteinApril 29, 2010
Wanna race? I bet I can read that book faster than you. You suck at dodgeball. Are you trying to be bad at Call of Duty? Because if so, you’re winning. You only won because you cheated. I’m going to get a higher grade than you, and then I’m going... More  →
How to Handle an Over-Competitive Friend

The DOs & DON'Ts of Talking to Strangers on Planes (or Anywhere Else)

By ContributorApril 29, 2010
Sparkler jtjuvenile must go on a lot of transatlantic flights—she sure knows how to make the best of them! Use her advice in a 747 or on the school bus, and you'll never again hyperventilate at the thought... More  →
The DOs & DON'Ts of Talking to Strangers on Planes (or Anywhere Else)

Open Thread for April 29

By Emily WinterApril 29, 2010
This ed is taking a long weekend—heading to Wisconsin for a few glorious days of hanging out by beautiful lakes. And for that watery reason, she wasn't about to defy Sparkler daughterofposeidon, who said... This is my puppy, Lulu. She's a 1-year-old basset hound with... More  →
Open Thread for April 29

I Would Cross an Ocean (of The Undead) Just To Be With You: Making Your Long-Distance Relationship Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

By ContributorApril 28, 2010
We're absolutely in awe of this post's author, hulahoopla. —SparkNotes editors If you’re in a long-distance relationship of any kind, whether your partner attends college in La Paz, or plays World of Warcraft with you from Jakarta, or is training to be a ninja... More  →
I Would Cross an Ocean (of The Undead) Just To Be With You: Making Your Long-Distance Relationship Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

SparkNotes Movie Club: The Princess Bride

By Dan_BergsteinApril 28, 2010
Welcome back. Hope everyone had a chance to watch The Princess Bride, and to those who watched it along with me over on Facebook or Twitter, thanks! That was fun. How about those Mighty Ducks? (giggle) Sorry. That was... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club: The Princess Bride

My Crush Is Out of This World

By ContributorApril 28, 2010
Every time we get a "my crush is" post, we're absolutely sure it will be the last one because, really, how many categories of crushes can their be? Turns out, crush categories are infinite, like the universe. Thanks for reminding us, romancingvulcans. —SparkNotes... More  →
My Crush Is Out of This World

Auntie SparkNotes: When Elderlies Attack

By kat_rosenfieldApril 28, 2010
It's hard when you hate the opinions of people you love. Auntie has some tips for dealing with wrinkly bigots. —SparkNotes eds Dear Auntie, My school has a day in the spring called grandparents day. As you may have guessed, that day involves your grandparents coming... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Elderlies Attack

Dreadful Movie Posters: Toy Story 3

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 28, 2010
The SparkNotes Movie Club is already underway; now, for more movie-related fun we've decided to take a look at some of the worst movie posters we can Google our hands on. The theatrical poster often forms your first impression of a movie. It sets... More  →
Dreadful Movie Posters: Toy Story 3