Skip over navigation

10 Things Summer Boredom Taught Me

By ContributorAugust 26, 2010
We like that headintheclouds007 isn't afraid to admit that she's bored. Or that The Siuation gives good advice. —Sparkitors For me and many others, summer is also synonymous with ENDLESS BOREDOM. I mean, not every day is all ponies and sunshine, right? Well, actually... More  →
10 Things Summer Boredom Taught Me

A Day in the Life of a Pakistani Missionary School Student

Don't worry, mrelizabethbennet —you'll be Prez of the World soon enough!—Sparkitors Sure, it's just another Day in the Life post—but with Harry Potter references and Islamist class throw in! Here's how my average... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Pakistani Missionary School Student

Stupid Questions about The Lord of the Rings

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 26, 2010
“One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.” What? If you’ve been following my Twitter and Facebook ramblings, you know that during the past few weeks I have revisited The Lord of... More  →
Stupid Questions about The Lord of the Rings

Anything Can Be a Mascot!

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 26, 2010
Back in the mists of time (or, uh, last year), we went on a mind-boggling journey into the world of high school mascots. What we discovered was shocking! mostly just silly, but it has since become obvious that our discoveries were... More  →
Anything Can Be a Mascot!

The Ellie Report: Taylor Swift Needs To Listen to More Jay-Z

Dang, ellielikespie, we totally thought the answer to your first question was going to be "Chelsea Dagger." Oh well. There's always next time.—Sparkitors What do you get when you cross time-worn clichés, a fairy princess, and a curling iron? Taylor Swift, of course! I've done More  →
The Ellie Report: Taylor Swift Needs To Listen to More Jay-Z

Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Dissatisfied With Your Relationship

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 26, 2010
We've been looking for a good excuse to use our Unnecessary Idiocy file. Thanks, Auntie!—Sparkitors Hi Auntie, I have the most wonderful boyfriend ever. He's an absolutely amazing person with a wonderful personality... very caring, extremely supportive, always respectful of me, smart, funny, dedicated, extremely hard-working...... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Dissatisfied With Your Relationship

Open Thread for August 26

By Emily WinterAugust 26, 2010
Nomsicles, on ice! We realize that makes no sense, but it's so fun to say. gravity no longer applies has this to say about her pic... IT'S A HOUSE! MADE OF CAKE!!!! CAKE I TELL YOU!!!! Unfortunately i was unable to find any little cake people inside... More  →
Open Thread for August 26

Not Exactly What I Had in Mind: Planning My Family Vacation

By ContributorAugust 25, 2010
GirlWhoWrites is 14 and plans her own trips. We're in our 20s and can't handle that kind of responsibility. What is wrong with this picture? —Sparkitors When my parents told me and my little sister that we were in charge of planning our family... More  →
Not Exactly What I Had in Mind: Planning My Family Vacation

Black Swan Trailer, or "Natalie Portman, What Is Up With Your Shoulders?"

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 25, 2010
Black Swan won't even be in the theaters until December, but a far-off release date can't stop this dedicated Splogger from bringing you the lowdown. And lo and behold, there's an official trailer! Let's see what we can figure out from two minutes... More  →
Black Swan Trailer, or

How To Make Friends, Even If You Are Terrified

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 25, 2010
Starting from scratch in a new high school—as a freshman from some obscure middle school nobody else went to, or as a transfer—can be daunting. It's not much better if you're going back to your same old high school and, for you, social interaction has always... More  →
How To Make Friends, Even If You Are Terrified