Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: License to Date

By kat_rosenfieldMay 20, 2010
Two erstwhile Sparklers have created an awesome Auntie SparkNotes fan page on Facebook! Click if you dig it. —Sparkitors I've been checking out your flirting guides and most of them have been a big help. Now I won't be completely clueless when I try... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: License to Date

Graduation According to Hollywood

By Rachel KorowitzMay 20, 2010
What can you expect from your graduation party? How will your summer unfold? Will you lose your college scholarship? There's only one way to find out: by asking Hollywood. Here's what you can expect, if these movies are to be trusted (which they obviously are): From the... More  →
Graduation According to Hollywood

How To Spot Hoover-Wielding Dementors

By ContributorMay 20, 2010
Ellielikespie is on a roll, and we ain’t gonna try to stop her.— SparkNotes editors You may be starting to associate the name Elliekespie with uber-ridiculous and completely unhelpful posts, but take note: this post is different. It's actually EXTREMELY helpful (and... More  →
How To Spot Hoover-Wielding Dementors

TGIF: Fitting Acronyms for Important Days

By Robert IsenbergMay 20, 2010
TGIF. Thank God It's Friday. The phrase is so popular, there's even a restaurant named after it. Rumor has it that a Cleveland disc jockey invented the acronym in the early 1970's. Is it true? Who cares! It's almost the weekend! But what would be fitting... More  →
TGIF: Fitting Acronyms for Important Days

Hanging Out with Jazzy: What Not to Say During an Interview

By ContributorMay 20, 2010
Interviews are a lot like malaria: they give you nightmares, make you nauseous, and can ruin your week. Fortunately, Villanous_mwaha has some advice on how to conquer any interview. Too bad these tips don't also cure mysterious jungle diseases. — SparkNotes editors At some... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: What Not to Say During an Interview

Where Have All the Good Movie Songs Gone?

By Dan_BergsteinMay 20, 2010
Tonight at 8 p.m. (EST) I’ll be live-blogging Ghostbusters on Twitter and Facebook as part of the spectacular SparkNotes Movie Club. (Side note: I think it’s awesome that Ghostbusters is in my computer’s spell-check system.) Even if tonight will... More  →
Where Have All the Good Movie Songs Gone?

Committee of Cool: The Jonas Brothers

By Chelsea DaggerMay 20, 2010
Okay, we know what you're thinking: the Jonas Brothers? Have the SparkNotes editors no shame? Have they completely lost their minds? Are they single-handedly responsible for the ruination of music? NO, YES, AND YES. But don't revoke our CoolTown citizenship just yet: you might be surprised... More  →
Committee of Cool: The Jonas Brothers

Open Thread for May 20

By Emily WinterMay 20, 2010
Guess what we learned last night? It's super illegalsauce to put your foot up on a New York City subway car, even if no one else is around, even if the spot is already gross and dirty with egg goo, even if you've unsuccessfully been trying... More  →
Open Thread for May 20

A Day in the Life of a Student at a "Bad" High School

By ContributorMay 19, 2010
HarryPotterLoverGrL, between the eccentric teachers and underground rubber band trade, your school actually sounds like fun.  Sorry about the bad rap! —Sparkitors Hey you! No, not you, the other person next to you. Oh, there’s no one next to you? Then yeah, I guess... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Student at a

Personal Ads That'll Keep You Single

By kat_rosenfieldMay 19, 2010
A long time ago, personal ads were considered an embarrassing last resort for those looking for love—the domain of hopelessly undesirable people who turned to typewriters and post-office boxes in a last-ditch effort to find romance. But thanks to the internet, that stigma (along with... More  →
Personal Ads That'll Keep You Single