Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterFebruary 15, 2010
This week, we continue with our series of Cute Animals that Might Eat You. Hooray! We loved this pic because... a) The size of that lion's mouth is incredible. b) We want to take a nap in that snuggly mane. c) THERE IS A BUTTERFLY ON ITS NOSE!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

What It's Like to Live In...Rio de Janeiro

By ContributorFebruary 15, 2010
The Sparkler who wrote this post has requested that we remove it. If you'd like to tell us what it's like to live in Rio, send your edited post and username to contribute@sparknotes.com. Related post: What It's Like to Live In...Beijing... More  →

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterFebruary 12, 2010
Will you be our Valentine? Yes, you! You with the fingers. And...and...the hair. Gosh I love your hair. It makes me think of old movies and the smell of stage makeup. In a good way. You are really something else. So will you? You know, be our... More  →
The Friday Awards

What It's Like to Live In...Northern Ireland

By ContributorFebruary 12, 2010
We'd never heard of an Ulster Fry before rmagee611 enlightened us. Mmm...soda bread...mmmmmm. —SparkNotes editors Hello. I live in the city of Belfast, Northern Ireland, Island of Ireland. "Northern Ireland? Isn't that just the North part of Ireland?," I hear some of you gasp.... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Northern Ireland

A Day in the Life of a Charter School Kid

Hey, jonanners, wanna trade schedules? —SparkNotes editors My school setting is pretty odd, at least in my opinion, compared to Catholic and public schools. I go to a Charter* and Preparatory school. And it’s not just a high school; it’s also a middle... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Charter School Kid

Valentines from Auntie SparkNotes

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 12, 2010
It's almost Valentine's Day, Sparklers, and that means a little something extra in today's column. Yes, that's right: they're AUNTIE SPARKNOTES VALENTINES. Just for you! But first, here's a letter: Hi there, Auntie: So, my boyfriend and I have known each other forever. I mean, FOREVER. I... More  →
Valentines from Auntie SparkNotes

Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Secret Crush

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 12, 2010
This is it. Valentine's Day is on Sunday, and you're ready to confess your burning love to the guy/girl you've been dreaming about all year. Uncap your pen/flex your fingers, and get ready to spill your guts. Dear _________________, I don’t know if you ______________ who I... More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Secret Crush

Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Remote Romeo

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 12, 2010
Your BF/GF is acting weird. Quiet. Distant. Kind of flat. There's only one way to find out what's going on: with a valentine from SparkLife! Dear _____________, So I don’t really know how to _____________ this, but it seems something has _____________ed in the past ________________. Did I... More  →
Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine for...Your Remote Romeo

The Best Facebook Groups

We've seen a lot of Facebook posts here on SparkNotes, and rebel_of_nowhere's definitely stood out. We love how specific and original this post is. Great job, rebel! —SparkNotes editors Facebook is the greatest procrastination tool since SparkLife. Whether you’re alarmed by the fact that... More  →
The Best Facebook Groups

How to Reject a Would-Be Valentine with Flair

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 12, 2010
Getting rejected definitely bites the big one. But it’s not very fun to reject someone, either. Rejecters gets a bad rep. They're not necessarily heartless; usually, they're good people who just aren’t interested in the person crushing on them. Maybe they already have a boyfriend or... More  →
How to Reject a Would-Be Valentine with Flair