Search Menu
Menu

Auntie SparkNotes: Interflirting 101

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 8, 2011
Hello Auntie, I have read your guide to flirting and found it very informative and useful. However, it only works in situations where you see your crush in person. I was wondering how one goes about flirting through texting and facebook? I suppose I know the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Interflirting 101

The History of Rock (Part One)

By ContributorSeptember 8, 2011
Luna_22 is our new expert on rock 'n' roll... and all other kinds of rock. Get ready for some musical instruction... —Sparkitors These days there are more and more young people that are listening to hip hop and pop music, but... More  →
The History of Rock (Part One)

SparkLife Academy Week Is Coming, and When It Gets Here It Will Blast Open Your Mind Grapes

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2011
SparkLife Academy Week is fast approaching, like a haggard tree gnome who is running, running for his life. (We let Chops the office guinea pig loose on our desk calendar, and whichever dates he poops on becomes a SparkLife holiday.) How can you celebrate this holiday... More  →
SparkLife Academy Week Is Coming, and When It Gets Here It Will Blast Open Your Mind Grapes

On Being Incredibly Busy (But Still Playing Pottermore)

Laura, aka rosefan42, is counting down her admission to Yale with the most hectic and stressful-sounding schedule we've ever seen. —Sparkitors I don’t quite know how this has happened, but it seems I will be EVEN BUSIER this year than last. Considering... More  →
On Being Incredibly Busy (But Still Playing Pottermore)

How to Fix Star Wars

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 8, 2011
You’ve heard by now that George Lucas has once against tweaked the original Star Wars trilogy by adding unnecessary effects and sounds to the upcoming Blu-ray versions of the films. The main gripe amongst fans is that the final showdown between Darth Vader and the... More  →
How to Fix Star Wars

What To Do When You're Going to Cry During a Movie

Just thinking about the movies in We'reAllintheDance's post makes us want to cry! —Sparkitors You know you've seen those movies—the ones that make you roll up into a shivering mess while your friends pat you awkwardly on the back and your pile... More  →
What To Do When You're Going to Cry During a Movie

It's Chic to Go Greek!

Courtney Guth has gone Greek. —Sparkitors If you'd told me a year ago that I would be in a sorority right now, I probably would have laughed in your face and said, “Yeah right!” with my sarcasm hand raised. Like many people, I held a narrow-minded,... More  →
It's Chic to Go Greek!

Profile Picture Inspiration

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 8, 2011
Ever since we added the new Profile Picture feature to SparkLife, we've been trolling our archives looking for the perfect photo to adorn our should-be-famous profile. (A dolphin wearing a top hat? That picture of us wearing diapers from New Year's Eve? The possibilities are More  →
Profile Picture Inspiration

Ask a Teacher: Why Is Hidden Meaning Important?

By Mr. JonesSeptember 8, 2011
Q: Why do English teachers insist on finding the authors "hidden meaning" behind every tree and stone mentioned in a story? A: There are three main reasons. The first is because we know you hate it. By nature, we’re sadists and we like to make students... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Why Is Hidden Meaning Important?

Open Thread for September 8

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 8, 2011
iLoveMyFeet says... "You all know what Eid-ul-Fitr right? It is a tradition to put "henna" on our hands and this is my henna design, in the background is the dress I wore this Eid. Hope you like it!" We think your hand looks gorgeous! And of... More  →
Open Thread for September 8