Skip over navigation

Open Thread for February 27

By EmmaFebruary 27, 2010
These are two of Nyx_of_Night's four dogs: Argus, the big shaggy one, and Anubis, the German Shepherd puppy with the look of intense devotion in his eyes. We love Argus, especially because he looks like us (we really need to get our bangs... More  →
Open Thread for February 27

Olympic Highlights, Part 5

By ContributorFebruary 26, 2010
Sparkler equestrienne10 is the next Bob Costas. (We mean that in a good way.) Here's part 5 of her Olympics recap! —SparkNotes editors Gold standard With the future of Olympic women’s hockey in jeopardy, the Canadian team gave a compelling argument the only way... More  →
Olympic Highlights, Part 5

Funky Beards and the Civil War

Some say the Civil War's legacy has endured to this day. Sparkler beweirdchick7 reminds us that thankfully, the facial hair has not. —Sparknotes editors Right now in US History, we are studying the Civil War. After watching movies and reading the textbook... More  →
Funky Beards and the Civil War

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterFebruary 26, 2010
Sparklers, say hi to our new intern, Nash! Nash is: * a recent college grad * a fan of SparkLife * really nice and smart * sitting right across from me so I better not say anything bad * HELPING OUT WITH THE FRIDAY AWARDS!!! Oh yeah, now the e-cabbages come... More  →
The Friday Awards

Auntie SparkNotes: I Don't Want to Talk About Not Wanting to Talk About It

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 26, 2010
Auntie Sparknotes; I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now, and things are getting rather serious. We're both seniors in highschool, and are planning on going to the same college. Normally we're closer than a zebra to its stripes; we were best friends for a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Don't Want to Talk About Not Wanting to Talk About It

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom: Part 2: Asking Your Crush

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 26, 2010
Oh, HI, you guys. Remember how I wrote one part of a multi-section Prom Guide, and then my computer decided to eat itself, and I couldn't publish the remaining posts? Yeah, that really sucked. But if you've been loitering and lingering, wondering when—WHEN?!—the Auntie SparkNotes... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide to Prom: Part 2: Asking Your Crush

A N00b's Disney Adventure

Sparkler flunkybed, how did you come up with that nickname? —SparkNotes editors I recently realized that I haven't ever seen any of the classic Disney movies. "What?!" you gasp in horror. "What type of horrible, deprived childhood did you have?!" Actually, I had a pretty nice... More  →
A N00b's Disney Adventure

Pajama Day FAQ

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 26, 2010
Many of you are familiar with the holiday known as Pajama Day. Others of you think “pajama day” sounds like either a children’s music group or an up-and-coming rapper. To help you sort things out, we have answered some frequently asked questions below. Q: What is... More  →
Pajama Day FAQ

Open Thread for February 26

By Emily WinterFebruary 26, 2010
New York City is buried under 385,095 feet of snow, and counting. In fact, we got an e-mail from our mom this morning (yes, just one mom for all of us) ordering us not to leave the house until Sunday. Yeah right, mom! Friday means: More  →
Open Thread for February 26

Get Your Tax On

By ContributorFebruary 25, 2010
Sparkler xochelcx2 is from the capital of New York, Albany, where budget cuts and money woes are the talk of the town. Luckily, she's come up with some (hilarious) "tax proposals" to generate revenue for her state. —SparkNotes editors With New York State’s More  →
Get Your Tax On