Search Menu
Menu

Blogging AVPM: Part 4

By ContributorMay 31, 2011
PrestigiousTimeLady may have pneumonia, but she's just as funny as ever!—Sparkitors Hey guys! So, I realize last week I didn’t really ask a question worthy of narwhals, so ALL OF THE COMMENTERS GET NARWHALS! I’m like Oprah, guys! Also, a chocolate narwhal to... More  →
Blogging AVPM: Part 4

You Know You're a Christian High Schooler When...

Evana16, are you telling us that teachers have LIVES outside of CLASS? We'll need some time to recover. –Sparkitors I went to a Christian school for two years. And I have to admit that, even though I'm not really Christian (still not sure about... More  →
You Know You're a Christian High Schooler When...

The Hit List: Falling Up

Metalhead865 should probably write for Rolling Stone. Just sayin'.—Sparkitors Family Force 5, Emery, Anberlin, and Children 18:3? Apparently, I'm not the only one out there who loves them. But I only really started listening to them in the past year or two. THIS... More  →
The Hit List: Falling Up

In Honor of Memorial Day... Uh, Yesterday...

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 31, 2011
I wanted to share this particular video because it reminds me of what Memorial Day is all about... and that dogs are the best pets. Send in your videos/favorite things at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
In Honor of Memorial Day... Uh, Yesterday...

Auntie SparkNotes: Harry Potter and the Parental Hater

By kat_rosenfieldMay 31, 2011
Dearest Auntie, I am a nerd. More specifically, I am a Harry Potter Nerd... as in WizRock-listening, direct-quoting, completely-obsessive Harry Potter Maniac. I'm fine with being teased. It happens at school on a daily basis. (It's not like I prance through the school hallways singing The... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Harry Potter and the Parental Hater

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

Lonks gives her most glowing review EVER!—Sparkitors Book #33: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Author: Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows Reason for Reading: I remembered several Sparklers suggesting this book to me, and it caught my attention with... More  →
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

What to Tell Everyone About Your Sunburn

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 31, 2011
Summer: the season of becoming gloriously, freakishly tan... or, if you were not blessed with the hearty skin tone of a sailor, the season for becoming painfully sunburnt. But getting sunburnt is so ordinary. So when you find your skin has turned the same shade... More  →
What to Tell Everyone About Your Sunburn

Holding On: Chapter 10

willwriteforhearts returns with another chapter of her riveting story!—Sparkitors I’ve been picking at the dirt for the past ten minutes or so, careless about the fact that it’s getting under my fingers and turning them black. “Alice…” Lois nudges me nervously while we eat... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 10

Open Thread for May 31

By Chelsea DaggerMay 31, 2011
Self-described "neurotic artist" SeptembreRea submitted this gorgeous masterpiece! Here's her artist statement: It's a digital painting of what I see in the sky when I walk to the bus stop (on some mornings—if I saw this every morning, I might not mind waking up... More  →
Open Thread for May 31

Competition for Best Proposal

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 30, 2011
A few days ago I posted what I thought was the sweetest proposal ever and that nothing could top it.  But this video sent in by Naala_Senegal is pretty stiff competiton. Which do you like better? Related post:Sweetest Proposal Ever? Send in your favorite... More  →
Competition for Best Proposal