Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for June 11

By SparkLifeJune 11, 2011
This is morada_chica21's happy place: a lake in Western Michigan. Just looking at this picture makes us feel serene. Ommmmmm. Send your soothing pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for potential publication on an open thread!... More  →
Open Thread for June 11

Auntie SparkNotes: Freaky Friday

By kat_rosenfieldJune 10, 2011
Hi Auntie. I've kind of a weird question. You see, I have these super bizarre thought train-wrecks where I can be doing anything, and I have this "what if?" moment. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but every single "what if" is along the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Freaky Friday

How Do You Cure Writer's Block?

By ContributorJune 10, 2011
Courtney Guth is so blocked, she's basically Leonardo DiCaprio. —Sparkitors As I write this, it's 12:03 AM. My problem: this article was due three minutes ago, and I’ve encountered that which all writers fear—writer’s block. Gasp! Yes. Writer’s block is terrible, terrible predicament for... More  →
How Do You Cure Writer's Block?

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 4

By Dan_BergsteinJune 10, 2011
Chapter Ten: The Rogue Bludger Better Title: If a Baker is One Who Bakes, Wouldn't Someone Who Makes Bones Be Called a…Um…Never Mind. Shark Force Omega's goal for these three chapters is to use Polyjuice Potion and infiltrate the Slytherin common room so they can interrogate Malfoy... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 4

Everybody's Hitting on Talie

What the what? Talie needs to write a How To Get Every Boy To Fall in Love With You book. —Sparkitors So kiddies. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off due to all the craziness that commences before graduation. And... More  →
Everybody's Hitting on Talie

You Are Secretly In Love With Someone And We Want To Know About It

By Chelsea DaggerJune 10, 2011
June 20-24 is going to be the most magnificent week of your life. During those five days, you will be thrown heart-first into the sappy, sentimental event of the century: CRUSH WEEK ON SPARKLIFE. No one can escape Crush... More  →
You Are Secretly In Love With Someone And We Want To Know About It

Should This Sparkler Take AP Lit?

By Emily WinterJune 10, 2011
We recently got an email from a stressed out Sparkler who can't decide whether to load up on APs next year. We think she deserves some advice from the real schedule experts, you guys! Here's what she told us... I know school just ended (for me... More  →
Should This Sparkler Take AP Lit?

The Little White Dress

By kat_rosenfieldJune 10, 2011
Coco Chanel can jaw all she wants about the classic necessity of an LBD, but when it comes summer, no wardrobe is complete without at least one lightweight, eyelet-or-lace-detailed cotton or linen dress in fresh, sun-deflecting white. (Nope! Sorry! This is a non-negotiable Law of... More  →
The Little White Dress

A Discourse on Peanut Butter

When it comes to peanut butter, fabalafae ain't messin' around.—Sparkitors

My dear fellow Sparklers, I have a confession to make: I used to dislike peanut butter. Yes, yes, I know. No, please don’t e-mail the editors and tell them to suspend... More  →
A Discourse on Peanut Butter

You Know You're an Arab When....

DarkLite808 dedicates this post to muslimah8160. We love this post, but don't get #1. Is that really a thing? —Sparkitors You know you're an Arab when... 1. You never say "turn on the light." Instead, you say "OPEN the light." 2. A whole city can be... More  →
You Know You're an Arab When....