Skip over navigation

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterMay 29, 2010

What's it like to get a Friday Award? ellielikespie knows, and she blogged her Friday Award to get you PUMPED for

... More  →
The Friday Awards

If Famous Writers Signed Your Yearbook

By kat_rosenfieldMay 28, 2010
If you've received your yearbook, you've probably spent the past several days doing the Yearbook Dance—running around, thrusting it into the hands of friends and acquaintances, and making sure that everyone leaves an indelible mark to commemorate your time together as lab partners/homeroom comrades/BFFS-turned-mortal-enemies. It's... More  →
If Famous Writers Signed Your Yearbook

Animated Throw-Down

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 28, 2010
We've foreseen the ultimate Ultimate Fighting Championship of our lifetime (Harry v. Edward). We've imagined the smack-downs between some of our favorite literary characters. Now we take the cage match back to the drawing board (literally), Itchy and... More  →
Animated Throw-Down

Obsessed with Obsessions

By ContributorMay 28, 2010
We're honored to have made siinger227's list of obsessions! —Sparknotes editors We all have quirky obsessions that are downright strange to others, but perfectly normal—if not vital—to us. I pride myself on the endless number of obsessions I've  collected over my... More  →
Obsessed with Obsessions

What It's Like to Live In...State College, Pennsylvania

By ContributorMay 28, 2010
We're terrified of leaving NYC, so it's nice to hear that former New Yorker RavenTalon has found happiness even in a place that doesn't have 24-hour delis and cute rats. —Sparkitors I am a teen who lives in Happy Valley, home of the Nittany... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...State College, Pennsylvania

Cultivate Your Own Superpowers

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 28, 2010
Superheroes have all the luck. What would've been a really inconvenient chemical spill or spider bite for most people seems to bring superheroes nothing but super-fun. They get the cool nickname, the skin-tight outfit, and best of all, the superpowers! It's just not fair; when normal... More  →
Cultivate Your Own Superpowers

Open Thread for May 28

By Emily WinterMay 28, 2010
This is Luna. Luna is adorable. She belongs to embracethecheese. Mmmm, cheese. Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for publication on our open thread!... More  →
Open Thread for May 28

Auntie SparkNotes: Whispering Secretfriends

By kat_rosenfieldMay 28, 2010
Pssss pss psss secrets whisper ppsssss. —Shhhhparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a problem with my friends. In a group of six I'm the only guy, and the problem is is that I feel excluded. In P.E., Friend A, Friend B, me, and occasionally others all have... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Whispering Secretfriends

20 Things We Don't Understand About Mario

By Dan_BergsteinMay 27, 2010
Craving your Thursday Dan fix? You're in luck! He sent us this post this morning, before disappearing into the wild world of Memorial Day travel. Enjoy! —Sparkitors Last Sunday, the latest (greatest?) Mario adventure was released for the Nintendo Wii. Super Mario Galaxy 2... More  →
20 Things We Don't Understand About Mario

A N00b's Disney Adventure: Cinderella

By ContributorMay 27, 2010
flunkybed is our resident, hilarious Disney critic. Loyal Disney fans, be warned: her reviews don't always have happy endings. —Sparknotes editors Hmm, I hope the readers of this post are a nice, tolerant, peaceful bunch of hobbits, because in my Little Mermaid post,... More  →
A N00b's Disney Adventure: Cinderella