Skip over navigation

Open Thread for July 7

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 7, 2010
Man, we are SO jealous of this door hanger! Here's what ~too~ has to say about it: My parents went to England a couple years back, and as a souvenir, they decided to bring me back the... More  →
Open Thread for July 7

Awesome Book Series (That May or May Not Have Been Written for Middle Schoolers)

By ContributorJuly 6, 2010
Don't worry, shaken_not_stirred: we're 23, and we definitely still read the Wild Magic series. Man, those books were CHOICE. — Sparkitors When I start a series, I can't help but stick with it... More  →
 Awesome Book Series (That May or May Not Have Been Written for Middle Schoolers)

Auntie SparkNotes: Creative Communication for Long-Lost Friends

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 6, 2010
Today, Auntie hears from a Sparkler whose BFF is moving away. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, My best friend (who I have known literally since I was born) is moving a few hours away at the end of the summer. I really want to stay in touch with her,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Creative Communication for Long-Lost Friends

A Day in the Life of a Deaf Student

We think this post by staresinspace is absolutely amazing!— Sparkitors Yeah, you heard right. Uh, wow—unintentional pun there. I meant to say you read right: I'm deaf, and I go to a teeny tiny little itty... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Deaf Student

The MaxVZ Chronicles: How to Write a Short Story

Supermodel physicists? That's what we do on the weekends, MaxVZ. —Sparkitors At some point, somebody has probably said that the hardest part of writing is having a good idea. Once you've got a top-notch idea, something you can really get behind, then all you've... More  →
The MaxVZ Chronicles: How to Write a Short Story

How To Kiss: Rachel on Embers and Blazes

By Rachel KorowitzJuly 6, 2010
I had just turned 13 when I had my first, real legitimate kiss. It was Halloween, and as you probably guessed, I was dressed in a full-body, leopard-print leotard. Did I mention the face paint? Because there was face paint. The sultriness didn't stop there. Mike—whose... More  →
How To Kiss: Rachel on Embers and Blazes

Open Thread for July 6

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 6, 2010
And....WE'RE BACK. This editor had a LOVELY weekend back home in Colorado—three days full of hamburger-pancake sandwiches, extremely unsafe firework explosions, and the best family and friends EVER. Now it's back to the grind, but this pic, sent by According2Me, is a great reminder... More  →
Open Thread for July 6

Open Thread for July 5

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 5, 2010
VACATION VACATION VACATION VACA—oh, sorry Sparklers, we didn't see you there. We were too busy screaming that ingenious "vacation" song we just made up and celebrating the fact that WE GET TODAY OFF (it's a national holiday in the US). We know you hate it... More  →
Open Thread for July 5

Open Thread for July 4

By EmmaJuly 4, 2010
Happy Independence Day, Sparklers!!!!! July 4th is all about hot dogs, national pride, flip-flops, the Founding Fathers, annnnnd.... Fireworks, and their smaller cousins, sparklers! Yes, we think of July 4th as the ultimate Sparkler Appreciation Day. Have an extra hot dog to congratulate... More  →
Open Thread for July 4

Open Thread for July 3

By EmmaJuly 3, 2010
We can't tell if we want to kiss 11ksande's turtle on the nostrils, or put him in jail for murder. This is my attack turtle, Speedy. He is vicious and can bite through wood and sneaker-plastic. Do not be fooled by his cuteness and/or... More  →
Open Thread for July 3