Skip over navigation

A Guide to Watching The Deathly Hallows

By ContributorNovember 19, 2010
Banaynays1295 already saw the movie—and we are SO, SO JEALOUS.—Sparkitors Earlier this month, I entered a contest to win tickets to the pre-showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. A few days later, I opened... More  →

Guide to Annoying Friends: Part 1

Annoying friends: can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em, cause they keep following you. Bookinsomnia can help! –Sparkitors We all have annoying friends. If you try to deny it, you're lying. Stop lying, it’s annoying! See? That's why we're not friends. Anyway, my... More  →
Guide to Annoying Friends: Part 1

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: "Face Tattoos ARE NOT Making a Comeback"

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 19, 2010
APPARENTLY, most of you aren't overly jazzed about the idea of getting "inked up," and we can't really blame you. Tattoos are a mysterious, intimidating art form—unless you live in Brooklyn, where everybody and their pet pitbull has at least 197. Regardless of whether... More  →

So You Didn't Get Tickets To Harry Potter...Now What?

Just like A_thousand_little_Julias, we missed the midnight premiere, but we're not going to sit around and CRY about it all day. We're only going to cry for, like, 19 hours.—Sparkitors EVERYONE is going to see Harry Potter this... More  →

8 Things I Learned by Moving to a City on My Own

We're glad you made it, Ayelet1991, and a little jealous thinking about how many languages you must speak by now! –Sparkitors After four years of living in Sweden as an IB student, I decided to move back to Israel, where I spent most... More  →
8 Things I Learned by Moving to a City on My Own

My Top Three Time-Wasting Web Sites: School Edition

We wanted to post this five hours ago, but we were too busy perfecting our first fanfiction.net story, "Han Solo and Katniss Everdeen: Muscle Avengers!" We blame you, music-fan. –Sparkitors It can be hard to have fun on a school computer. Facebook is obviously blocked, as is... More  →
My Top Three Time-Wasting Web Sites: School Edition

Braving the OT

katee96 is here to help you face your fears, one OT comment at a time.—Sparkitors First thing's first: when I say "OT," I mean the Open Thread, peoples, NOT THE OREGON TRAIL. Ok? Now that we’ve gotten all... More  →

16 Reasons Why Elbows Are The Worst Things Ever

This post idea was a challenge, lucy_stop_flying, and you totally nailed it. –Sparkitors While reading the Writing For SparkLife FAQs, I noticed Sparkitor Emily had included a veeery interesting post suggestion, an idea so excellent I couldn’t believe no one had taken up the... More  →
16 Reasons Why Elbows Are The Worst Things Ever

Open Thread for November 19

By Emily WinterNovember 19, 2010
Kolizzle took this beautiful picture, but we thought it was painted by Salvador Dali. Drippy flowers!... More  →
Open Thread for November 19

Bad Metaphors and Similes: Thanksgiving Edition

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 18, 2010
Once upon a time, the glorious Splogger known as Jon Skindzier waxed hilarious about some of the worst ways to use metaphors and similies. In the spirit of the Turkeytime, we're taking Jon's idea and seeing what happens when you combine... More  →
Bad Metaphors and Similes: Thanksgiving Edition