Skip over navigation

Characteristics of a Movie Snob

By ContributorJune 15, 2010
sligers118 is brilliant! A post with a twist! Like The Sixth Sense! —Sparkitors Recently, there was an extremely amusing and pertinent article posted about music snobs. I shared it with my friends, and it caused much mirth, particularly because one of them... More  →
Characteristics of a Movie Snob

Blogging My Insomnia

By ContributorJune 15, 2010
volitile_acid, have you tried reading a biography of someone really boring? That usually works for us. —Sparkitors For those of us with insomnia, sleep is a magical thing. It’s hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, and way too hard to wake up.... More  →
Blogging My Insomnia

Auntie SparkNotes: All in the Family

By kat_rosenfieldJune 15, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Is it wrong to want to be close to my family? It seems like I am consistently closed off from my dad's side of the family. We go there probably every few months, but every time I get the same lecture from my... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: All in the Family

Literary Sequels, as Pitched by Hollywood

By Jon_SkindzierJune 15, 2010
What if Hollywood were responsible for creating sequels to famous books? For one, the sequels would be in movie form. Second, we suspect Hollywood would make the plots as empty as possible, and spruce things up with a popular actor or talking dog. The resulting movies would... More  →
Literary Sequels, as Pitched by Hollywood

A Guys' Guide to Mastering The Movie Date

By Pete CroattoJune 15, 2010
Tarantula farms, crabmeat salad factories, and historically significant cemeteries all fall into the “bad locations for dates” category. Fortunately, there’s still one place for you and your dream girl to seek refuge: the movie theater! But making a cinema love connection can be tricky, and... More  →
A Guys' Guide to Mastering The Movie Date

Open Thread for June 15

By Chelsea DaggerJune 15, 2010
This image, sent by hanini_panini, proves yet again that Sparklers are the smartest people on EARTH. Plus, it's just so darn timely: Bringin' Sexy Back happens to be the name of the epically epic Quizinator post published yesterday. So... More  →
Open Thread for June 15

Na-Na Why Don’t You Get a Job?

By Ashley SpencerJune 14, 2010
You’ve barely been on summer break for five seconds, and your father is already all over you. “Why don’t you get a job?” he asks you as you lie in bed daydreaming about cheeseburgers and Megan Fox. “What are you going to do today?” he... More  →
Na-Na Why Don’t You Get a Job?

What Are These Things in Your Refrigerator?

By Robert IsenbergJune 14, 2010
Exhibit A: Bowl with Fingerprints, Covered in Tin Foil On the one hand, it might be your mom's. Which means it could be anything. It might even be fresh and edible. But you seem to remember it being that fried chicken from KFC, which you couldn't... More  →
What Are These Things in Your Refrigerator?

That's Right, I Live in Australia

By ContributorJune 14, 2010
Before reading this post by another_alex, we were totally convinced that the entire population of Australia lived in trees and said "cobber" ALL THE TIME. Now, we know better.— Sparkitors I've lived in seven different places, been to nine different countries, and... More  →
That's Right, I Live in Australia