Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: Who Knows More About Pop Culture-You or a Student?

By Mr. JungSeptember 9, 2011
Q: Who knows more about pop culture—you or a high school student? A: If it’s the pop culture of 1998, I will crush them. That’s all well and good, but it also says a great deal about how I spent my time during high school. Hint: I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Who Knows More About Pop Culture-You or a Student?

Open Thread for September 9

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 9, 2011
"I officially love the kid who answered this on their test. Why they got it wrong, though, is beyond fathomable. Long live Harry Potter," supertoasty613 That's what you get when your teachers are Muggles! ... More  →
Open Thread for September 9

How To Deal with Political Conversations

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 8, 2011
Political conversations are like pterodactyls; you can't escape them, so you'd better just learn how to deal with them. It would be nice if the same solution (clawing at the sky and exclaiming "I am a tyrannosaurus") worked for both situations, but... More  →
How To Deal with Political Conversations

Dormitory Quesadillas

By ShivaniSeptember 8, 2011
It’s been barely two weeks and I’m already sick of dorm food, fast food, and snack food. My roommate, on the other hand, is sick of the fact that I’ve been playing the same song, on a loop, for the past four days (the song... More  →
Dormitory Quesadillas

Can One Man Play Every Role in a Disney Movie? Yes.

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 8, 2011
Most of you already know and love Nick Pitera. Rapunzelmarie226 certainly does.Personally, I find him a little scary. For one thing, he always seems to have at least half a dozen clones of himself. AND they can all sing on different notes... But now... More  →
Can One Man Play Every Role in a Disney Movie? Yes.

Are You Sick of School Yet?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 8, 2011
School just started, and I'm already sick of it. I think. And torib1016 is too, which is why she made this list of songs to listen to when you're feeling angsty and angry and stressed over all that homework and lockers and nasty... More  →
Are You Sick of School Yet?

Fashion Field Trip to Philadelphia

By ApneetSeptember 8, 2011
Over Labor Day weekend, I found myself in Philadelphia. I took advantage of the nice weather and set out to rummage through the thrift shops of the town. It was my first time there, and I was extremely pleased with what I found. Here are... More  →
Fashion Field Trip to Philadelphia

Auntie SparkNotes: Interflirting 101

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 8, 2011
Hello Auntie, I have read your guide to flirting and found it very informative and useful. However, it only works in situations where you see your crush in person. I was wondering how one goes about flirting through texting and facebook? I suppose I know the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Interflirting 101

The History of Rock (Part One)

By ContributorSeptember 8, 2011
Luna_22 is our new expert on rock 'n' roll... and all other kinds of rock. Get ready for some musical instruction... —Sparkitors These days there are more and more young people that are listening to hip hop and pop music, but... More  →
The History of Rock (Part One)

SparkLife Academy Week Is Coming, and When It Gets Here It Will Blast Open Your Mind Grapes

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2011
SparkLife Academy Week is fast approaching, like a haggard tree gnome who is running, running for his life. (We let Chops the office guinea pig loose on our desk calendar, and whichever dates he poops on becomes a SparkLife holiday.) How can you celebrate this holiday... More  →
SparkLife Academy Week Is Coming, and When It Gets Here It Will Blast Open Your Mind Grapes