Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: At What Age Are Students the Jerkiest?

By Miss MahoneyAugust 25, 2011
Q: At what age are students the jerkiest? A: My first year of teaching, I taught eighth grade. It was the worst year of my life. By now, I have taught every grade in high school, and I can say undoubtedly that teenagers are the lowest forms... More  →
Ask a Teacher: At What Age Are Students the Jerkiest?

Auntie SparkNotes: When Reading Hurts

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 25, 2011
Dear Auntie, As part of the tortures of high school, my particular school has decided to require summer reading, and work to go with it. However, it has a very hard test, therefore I can't just look up summaries online. The book we have to read is... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Reading Hurts

A Lesson in Disney Awesomeness

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 25, 2011
First of all, undercover_ninja_turtle, I love your username. Also, I LOVE your taste in music—who can resist excellent Disney songs? "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is one of the best songs to listen to while working out (trust me),... More  →
A Lesson in Disney Awesomeness

Hogwarts Superlatives: The Final Cut

By ContributorAugust 25, 2011
Forget the Oscars; dac213 passes final judgement on the best-of-the-best from the all-star Potter cast.—Sparkitors Since I awarded Avatar: The Last Airbender superlatives, I clearly had to do the same for Hogwarts (BTW, “Hogwarts” does not come up as misspelled;... More  →
Hogwarts Superlatives: The Final Cut

Petticoats and Leopard Print? Yes, Please!

By ApneetAugust 25, 2011
I'm back this week with a second installment of what I found on Staten Island, or as I jokingly call it, "Treasure Island." Also, today is National Secondhand Wardrobe Day!! Take it as an opportunity to buy secondhand if you never have before. I'm also... More  →
Petticoats and Leopard Print? Yes, Please!

Doctor Who Gets Better All the Time

TheaterAddict is back, and she's slowly succumbing to the power of the Who. –Sparkitors This week I watched episodes 5 and 6 of the Christopher Eccleston Doctor Who series. I wasn't a big fan of episode 5; it’s tedious and doesn’t make much sense. There... More  →
Doctor Who Gets Better All the Time

The 6 Coolest Ways to Greet Old Friends on the First Day of School

By Megan PrietzelAugust 25, 2011
The best part about showing up for your long, arduous, horrifying first day of school is seeing all your old pals and buddies. These be yo' peeps! Old school friends are often the only reason you’re able to sit through classes, whether they’re making jokes... More  →
The 6 Coolest Ways to Greet Old Friends on the First Day of School

How to Do Smoky Eye Makeup

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 25, 2011
Dewy and fresh-faced is great for Monday, but come Friday night, we want to look like Tayler Momson (go ahead, judge us!). If you'd like your eyeballs to look as devastatingly sexy as ours do, watch Kathryn and Amanda's video. —Sparkitors Loading the player ... ... More  →
How to Do Smoky Eye Makeup

Riding For a Good Cause

QuirkySpark is on a mission to help horses everywhere!—Sparkitors Hello, beautiful Sparklers! I write to you because I need your help. Well, more accurately, I need your ears (or eyes, as you’ll be reading this). I turn to... More  →
Riding For a Good Cause

6 Ways to Earn Money During the School Year

Neither SparkNotes nor johnny law can condone all of bricked94's methods, so please take this for the satire that it is. –Sparkitors As summer comes to a close, most Sparklers are left thinking “How am I going to pay for clothes/books/chicken quesadillas from Taco... More  →
6 Ways to Earn Money During the School Year