Menu

The VLOG: Softball Strategy SPECTACULAR

By Chelsea DaggerMay 13, 2011
If there's one irrefutable rule about softball, it's that winners never cry. But our team never wins, which means we can cry all we want. We cry while we're batting. We cry while we're pitching. We even cry while we're shouting cleverly-rhymed cheers about the... More  →
The VLOG: Softball Strategy SPECTACULAR

Guilty Pleasures That Are Surprisingly Legal

By ContributorMay 13, 2011
Liz_Nash, we love the way you think. And we demand a membership card to Liz's Love Library! –Sparkitors Some things are so good you just know they have to be bad. But what’s better than demolishing an entire chocolate cake by yourself, or spending... More  →
Guilty Pleasures That Are Surprisingly Legal

You Know You're From Houston When...

By ContributorMay 13, 2011
ecm8, we wish we were in Texas right now. We're so cold in New York, we've got our gym clothes covering our shivering legs. :( —Sparkitors These "You Know You're from [insert place here] When.." posts have spread faster than the flu in... More  →
You Know You're From Houston When...

Open Thread for May 13

By Emily WinterMay 13, 2011
BelladonnaGhost knows that we've been talking about steampunks lately, so she made us this awesome graphic! Thanks, girl!... More  →
Open Thread for May 13

Intern's Pick: First Kiss!

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 12, 2011
I'm pretty sure I wasn't this young when I got my first kiss but that doesn't make these premature kids any less cute! Thank you purpleeggplant4 and rapunzelmarie226 for sharing! Also, there was some controversy about the way my name is pronounced... More  →
Intern's Pick: First Kiss!

Auntie SparkNotes: Profs Who Play Favorites

By kat_rosenfieldMay 12, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have an English teacher who insists on sharing individual grades with the whole class. He has a few select students that he gives 100s to on every assignment. While I am sure they deserve their grades, I just don't appreciate hearing about... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Profs Who Play Favorites

You Know You Go to an International School When...

By ContributorMay 12, 2011
An Anonymous Sparkler has us green with envy over her cultured education. —Sparkitors You know you go to an international school when... you "shop" for schools like you're buying a house. you can truly name every person in your grade (because there are usually only around... More  →
You Know You Go to an International School When...

The SparkNotes Movie Club Anniversary Post! (Featuring Back to the Future)

By Dan_BergsteinMay 12, 2011
Before we get started, let’s all eat a big ol’ piece of cake to celebrate the Movie Club’s (slightly belated) birthday. One year (and one month) ago, the Movie Club began, and oh what a year (and one month) it’s been. We laughed. We cried.... More  →
The SparkNotes Movie Club Anniversary Post! (Featuring Back to the Future)

Thrifting Outfits

By ApneetMay 12, 2011
Because of the donation-based inventory of thrift stores, finding a complete outfit at a secondhand shop can be a little difficult. I usually buy pieces separately and then work them into my wardrobe. This week, however, I challenged myself to find complete outfits. At times... More  →
Thrifting Outfits

A Continuing Education in Being EPIC

By Megan PrietzelMay 12, 2011
It is a little-known fact that being epic is an everyday sort of thing—you don’t just BECOME that way and then STAY that way forever without effort. It takes years of setting things on fire, perfecting cool one-liners, and moodily staring at walls to become... More  →
A Continuing Education in Being EPIC