Skip over navigation
Prom

The Friday Awards: All Good Things Must Come To An End

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 24, 2010
Once upon a time, a lonely blonde blog editor named Emma sat at her desk, trying to create a refuge for clever and curious teens. She found Dan Bergstein and Auntie SparkNotes, and soon, dozens of kids started reading SparkLife. And she thanked... More  →
The Friday Awards: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Auntie SparkNotes: When Awesome Sibs Make Awful SOs

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 24, 2010
Before we head into today's column, we've got a short, sad shout-out to make: some of our Sparklers tragically lost their wonderful cheerleading coach, Mrs. Tina, to a sudden heart attack yesterday. So RHS students, this one's for you. We're sorry for your loss. Dear Auntie, My... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Awesome Sibs Make Awful SOs

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2A!

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
11ksande is a thinkin' man. And by "man" we mean "female," and by "thinkin'," we mean "she took our advice and put bologna in her ears before voting on a SparkNotes flag because we told you that nothing gets those brain juices flowing... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 2A!

My Crush is a Latin Textbook Character

By ContributorSeptember 24, 2010
Lydia, you've introduced us to a whole new chapter of crushes! Get it? Chapters? Books? Is anyone laughing? We'll stop now. —Sparkitors

Textbooks are considered boring by almost everyone. I can pretty much promise you that reading The

... More  →
My Crush is a Latin Textbook Character

Open Thread for September 24

By Emily WinterSeptember 24, 2010
This ed isn't even a cat person, but this little guy is just too adorable not to love. lynnieboo34 says... This is my kitty, Tunes. And I know some people hate cats, but I shall give you reasons NOT to hate my cat. 1. His... More  →
Open Thread for September 24

A Day in the Life of a Professional Musician

By ContributorSeptember 23, 2010
Zoe Dee, your life is so cool! Let us know when you guys get a gig in New York!—Sparkitors As a teenager, it's normal to work at a grocery store, the mall, or your dad’s law firm. When I... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Professional Musician

Antagonize a Tomato Day, and Other Minor Celebrations

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 23, 2010
When it comes to national holidays, our federal government has done a woefully inadequate job of addressing the long, dull stretch that comes between the beginning of the school year and the grateful reprieve, three months later, of Thanksgiving. Oh, sure, Columbus Day will offer... More  →
Antagonize a Tomato Day, and Other Minor Celebrations

How To Celebrate Your Half-Birthday

porque_esto_es_africa, your post makes us want cake SO BAD. We'd even take half-cake at this point. We're that desperate.—Sparkitors This coming Monday is my half-birthday, and I was thinking to myself, "How could I get away with making this... More  →
How To Celebrate Your Half-Birthday

What It’s Like to Live in Peru

11ksande, you're so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place! Color us jealous.—Sparkitors I’ve lived in Peru for three years now, and I absolutely love it. No matter where you go here, you’re guaranteed to find good food... More  →
What It’s Like to Live in Peru

What's Your School's Academic Atmosphere?

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 23, 2010
Some journalists who don't like things recently came to the conclusion that students are lazy and bad, because everybody hates learning, so there you have it. Go home and quit trying, lazy students! Kidding! You... More  →
What's Your School's Academic Atmosphere?