Skip over navigation

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterMarch 5, 2010
Oh, hello. Can you feel the SparkLove from peaceonearth34, who made this awesome sauce drawing? (We hope you don't mind, peace, but we typed out the words because they were little tough to read.*) Yes, we're feeling the love today, but we're... More  →
The Friday Awards

In All Seriousness…

By ContributorMarch 5, 2010
BlondeIsSmarter wrote a post that even the brunette, un-bookish, and goofy can get down with. —SparkNotes editors I have been described as having “the personality of a crotchety 80-year-old who keeps the ball when it rolls into her lawn.” I disagree; I feel that my... More  →
In All Seriousness…

How Not to Get Caught Off Guard in a Language Class

Fantastic observations, ivayyy. We couldn't agree with these tips more. —SparkNotes editors Five minutes into class, and you’re already counting down the minutes until lunch: 85, 84 and a half, 84… Señora Mendez suddenly barks out your name, asking you to explain why the indicative... More  →
How Not to Get Caught Off Guard in a Language Class

Snowball Fighting 101

Dan Bergstein inspired BellaSwan1 to write this post. Dan inspired us, too, and we've all changed our names to "Ban Dergstein." —SparkNotes editors Similar to a good old-fashioned water balloon fight in the summer, a good old-fashioned snowball fight is inevitable this snowy... More  →
Snowball Fighting 101

Real Detention Is Not Like The Breakfast Club

By Robert IsenbergMarch 5, 2010
The Breakfast Club hit movie theaters in 1985. For those who haven't seen it, it's about five teenagers stuck in detention. They chide, they chat, they admit to their bad behavior, and they all become better people by mid-afternoon. The movie... More  →
Real Detention Is Not Like The Breakfast Club

Open Thread for March 5

By Emily WinterMarch 5, 2010
Boo. We were underwhelmed by Alice in Wonderland. Good thing we have this overwhelmingly awesome pic from opinionatedlg to make us smile! Are you guys watching the Oscars this weekend? We've been frantically trying to see all the Oscar noms, and here's our ranking of... More  →
Open Thread for March 5

The Best School Spirit Week Ever

By ContributorMarch 4, 2010
SongByrd94 has her spirit week around now-ish instead of in the fall. Does anyone else have a winter or spring spirit week? —SparkNotes editors Back in 7th grade, spirit week was exciting and fun—a chance to dress up and “show your school spirit,” but... More  →
The Best School Spirit Week Ever

What It's Like to Live in....Malaysia

By ContributorMarch 4, 2010
endlesslight44, does your open invitation extend to Sparkitors?? —SparkNotes editors As I think I may have mentioned in some of my other posts and comments, I live a rather complicated life. I was born and raised in the Chicago area (so I’m American),... More  →
What It's Like to Live in....Malaysia

Blogging Eclipse: Part 16

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 4, 2010
Chapter Sixteen: Epoch Better Title: E-Rock Is Alive! Who cares what happens in this chapter. E-Rock is back! He's not dead. In fact, he's Forks High School's valedictorian. Way to go, E-rock. It's so nice to see you. Don't scare me like that again. I want you... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 16

Auntie SparkNotes: The Dangers of Secret Sonnet-Leaving

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 4, 2010
Auntie Sparknotes, Around Valentine's Day, I sent an anonymous poem to my crush, who is a good friend of mine. It's now been more than two weeks, so how do I know if my crush liked the poem? And if she did, should I tell her... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Dangers of Secret Sonnet-Leaving