Search Menu
Menu

Auntie SparkNotes: Updates To Be Thankful For

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 24, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving, Sparklers! And welcome to round two of our big, fat Round of Updates from letter-writers past. Because when you're stuffed to the gills and surrounded by relatives, there's no better precedent to your turkey coma than a few happy endings to other people's... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Updates To Be Thankful For

Ask Jono: If I Haven't Dated By [Blank], I Will Surely Die Alone!

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 24, 2011
Dear Jono, Instead of expounding on how great and amazing and how unbelievably cool you are, I'm gonna get straight to the point. I'm a close female version of a guy. I'm stupid tall (6'1"), I love video games, I play sports (horridly),... More  →
Ask Jono: If I Haven't Dated By [Blank], I Will Surely Die Alone!

Go Team Ginny!

By ContributorNovember 24, 2011
Step aside, Bergstein: JediPanda is here to defend the honor of Ginny "The Lamp" Weasley!—Sparkitors I've been hooked on Dan Bergstein's Blogging Harry Potter since the first post. I love everything about it—except for one thing. Dan often compares Ginny Weasley to... More  →
Go Team Ginny!

Vintage Outerwear

By ApneetNovember 24, 2011
Last week, I went over some cute Fall outfit ideas. As it's getting colder, I'm finding it necessary to choose warm—but still stylish—outerwear. I stopped by the East Village to dig up some thrifty toppers. (Cape & Blouse, Vintage | Skirt, Tracy Reese |... More  →
Vintage Outerwear

Open Thread for November 24

By SparkLifeNovember 24, 2011
HAPPPPPPPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY, EAT! (Erm, we mean, what are you thankful for?)... More  →
Open Thread for November 24

How to Remind Your Friend She Owes You Money

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 23, 2011
Lending money to a friend is a delicate operation. Actually, it's not so much the lending as the getting back. It's an age-old quandary: How do you get your friend to repay the $12 you loaned her for that small bucket of Coke at the... More  →
How to Remind Your Friend She Owes You Money

Ask a Teacher: Are You Friends with Your Students on Facebook?

By Mr. FossNovember 23, 2011
Q: Are you on Twitter and Facebook? Are you friends with your students? A: I have a Facebook account, and it’s getting to the point where most of the other teachers I know have them, too. It’s just a super-convenient way to keep in touch and... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Are You Friends with Your Students on Facebook?

Auntie SparkNotes: You Want Crazy?

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 23, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a really really big problem. Lately, I have been having a lot of disturbing thoughts. Very disturbing thoughts. And I see a rather persistent being or beings of the sort that may or may not be real. I'm not entirely sure... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: You Want Crazy?

I Bet My Friends Are More Annoying Than Yours

By ContributorNovember 23, 2011
BritishTea would totally hate us; we say "swag" ALL THE TIME.—Sparkitors This post is about the super-annoying things my friends do—I'm talking about the things that make me want to scream, "Ugh, just SHUT UP!' or "This is all... More  →
I Bet My Friends Are More Annoying Than Yours

Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting a Tattoo

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 23, 2011
If you're considering getting a tattoo, it will certainly be the most lasting decision you've made in your life so far. However much thought you put into, say, getting a dog, if your dog turns out to suck, you can simply... More  →
Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting a Tattoo