Skip over navigation

We Will Not Discuss the [CENSORED] Blanket

By Dan_BergsteinMay 13, 2010
Nope. We’re not going to talk about the Better Marriage Blanket. We’re not going to link to the ad that’s circulating around the internet. We’re not going to tell you how you can order one, or even describe what this goofy blanket actually does. And... More  →
We Will Not Discuss the [CENSORED] Blanket

20 Ways to Annoy People

By ContributorMay 13, 2010
Shyell and Now_what have the knowledge and skill to become the two most irritating people on earth. What will they do with such unprecedented power? We don't really care. But we do want you to call us... More  →
20 Ways to Annoy People

Auntie SparkNotes: I Don't Want to Be Your Casual Sort-of-Friend Anymore

By kat_rosenfieldMay 13, 2010
Today, Auntie tackles a letter from a girl with a mysterious aversion. Take it away, Auntie! —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I have a friend in my civics class. She's nice and all, but I don't really want to be her friend anymore. Just that I've noticed... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Don't Want to Be Your Casual Sort-of-Friend Anymore

Open Thread for May 13

By Emily WinterMay 13, 2010
Here's another pic from ItsRainingJellyBeans. She says this swallow tried to dive bomb her head, and succeeded. Does that mean you have a bird-sized dent in your skull, beans? Now that's an open thread pic we'd like to see... Send proof of... More  →
Open Thread for May 13

A Sparkler's Favorite Book Series

By ContributorMay 12, 2010
straight_edge_society does a great job of being informative without giving too much away. Fab post, ses! —SparkNotes editors One of my favorite pastimes is reading, and trust me, I have done A LOT of reading. This post is exactly what it sounds like: a... More  →
A Sparkler's Favorite Book Series

A Day in the Life of a Pearls-and-Argyle Prep School Student

We think booklover6795 has a pretty. Amazing. Life. —SparkNotes editors I've read a lot of "A Day in the Life" posts, and have been surprised at how many different types of schools there are. I  was sure I would see... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Pearls-and-Argyle Prep School Student

How To Survive a Concert

Sparkler BitOfATullex3 is exactly who we'd want by our side at a concert —without her invaluable knowledge and mad skillz, we'd probably be moshed to death in the first 5 minutes.— The SparkNotes Editors I saw 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship live in concert... More  →
How To Survive a Concert

Inspiring Creative People

Super Sparkler rebel_of_nowhere has a LOT of SparkLife posts coming up. Should we give her a column name? Rebel Nuggets? Yes? No? Halp! —SparkNotes editors Franklin D. Roosevelt said, “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of... More  →
Inspiring Creative People

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 18 (Laryngitis)

By Emily WinterMay 12, 2010
We need a weekly Glee recap all up in this blogspace, don't you think? If we're going to do a Gleecap, we might as well start on a high note, with Laryngitis*. Last night's was one of the best episodes of ALL TIME, but before we... More  →
The SparkNotes Gleecap: Episode 18 (Laryngitis)

20 Great Ideas for a Broadway Musical

Do we like Broadway musicals? Do we ever. But we would like them way more if Sparkler fizgeraldfan841 was in charge.— SparkNotes editors Whether mundane, morose, or mesmerizing, the subjects of musicals are becoming more and more creative. 
For... More  →
20 Great Ideas for a Broadway Musical