Skip over navigation

14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

By Lauren PassellNovember 8, 2010
In a perfect world, you would be able to eat whatever you want in front of your crush (or anyone you're trying to impress) without worries of being judged or projectile vomiting into his front pocket. But let's get real: Raisins look like rabbit poop,... More  →
14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

Auntie SparkNotes: The Gift That Keeps On Skeeving

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 8, 2010
Presents are the best thing ever—except when they're the most awkward thing ever. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, This is a pretty minor problem, but I'd really appreciate your help because I feel quite embarrassed bringing it up to my friends! You see, on my birthday I received a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Gift That Keeps On Skeeving

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 8, 2010
It's almost like we're making it TOO easy with this picture, right? You've got a cuddly animal with his head stuck in a bowl and a tiny orange fish who may or may not be alive; if that's not a recipe for hilarious comments, then... More  →

How to Survive Gym Class Dodgeball

By ContributorNovember 8, 2010
ez30yankee's tips just  might save your life—or at least your pride—next time dodgeball rears its ugly head. —Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, gym class is a hell designed especially with you in mind. It's... More  →

Megan's Life Lessons: How to Get an A in Chemistry

By Megan PrietzelNovember 8, 2010
We can't figure out if we feel light-headed because we've been laughing so hard at the second installment of jedimastermegan's new series, or because we just built a bleach volcano and lit that sucker up. —Sparkitors Chemistry is hard because it involves chemicals. Chemicals... More  →

Open Thread for November 8

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 8, 2010
CHEEZ-ITS. AND SPARKLIFE. AND SCRABBLE. AND CHEEZ-ITS. While we wipe the drool of our chins and try to shrink our eyes back to their normal size, check out this amazing photo and accompanying caption from Miss.Moneypenny: What ho, SparkLife! Today I was watching Psych and... More  →

Open Thread for November 7

By EmmaNovember 7, 2010
Brittney, your cat's fashion sense is impeccable. Look at the way that green trim brings out her eyes! Send your haute pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for possible publication in an open thread!... More  →
Open Thread for November 7

Open Thread for November 6

By EmmaNovember 6, 2010
LizzieWyne MADE this pig. Well, kind of:

This pig was once one of the toys you get in a kid's meal, but my friend and I have transformed it. It looked demented to start with, so we figured that if we turned

... More  →
Open Thread for November 6

The Friday Awards

By ContributorNovember 5, 2010
Emily Winter is off gallivanting around New Orleans today, which means Chelsea Dagger edited the Friday Awards. And sweated on them. A lot. —Sparkitors Hello SparklersI, bad_hijab_day,  have come to this far planet on a mission. Everyone... More  →

Auntie SparkNotes: Interracial Hating

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 5, 2010
Sparkler, we want to give you and Charlie a big Sparkly hug! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, Would you consider it wrong to date behind your parents' backs -- if you're being the more moral person? I have a friend "Charlie" who's really intelligent, funny, friendly, tall, very strong, multilingual,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Interracial Hating