Search Menu
Menu

In Defense of Bromance

By ContributorJune 10, 2011
TanTanTheLadieMan explains the manly alternative to BFFs.—Sparkitors Dudes, I've got news: though you may not realize it, you almost definitely are involved in a bromance (for a reference point, check out... More  →
In Defense of Bromance

Is Your Life BORINNGG? Flyergirl13 Can Help.

flyergirl13 pioneers the idea that when life hands you lemons, you should just make up new words like a crazy person. —Sparkitors Now that school is out, you're probably laying face down on the floor... More  →
Is Your Life BORINNGG? Flyergirl13 Can Help.

Blogging Shakespeare Camp: Capture the Flag and Catholic Prom

strangeNilikeit kicks off what's sure to be an awesome, Shakespearean-insult-filled summer with this new series! –Sparkitors Hi. StrangeNilikeit/Gwen here. Welcome to one crazy girl’s account of spending seven weeks rehearsing/performing Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. If you’re offended by teenagers doing classical theater,... More  →
Blogging Shakespeare Camp: Capture the Flag and Catholic Prom

You Know You're From Arizona When...

SomedayI'llBePartOfYourWorld has got culinary pride, the ability to withstand insane heat, and (this is just wishful thinking) a bolo tie for every day of the year. —Sparkitors In ecm8's recent article on life in Houston, she claimed that her city’s... More  →
You Know You're From Arizona When...

Open Thread for June 10

By SparkLifeJune 10, 2011
A Mystery Sparkler took a picture of this at her school, proving that high schoolers are wittier than most primetime TV.... More  →
Open Thread for June 10

Auntie SparkNotes: The Art of Discreet Dating

By kat_rosenfieldJune 9, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, Hi! I'm a gay high school student, and I'm having some troubles with a guy. I know for a fact that he's gay, but he's not out yet. I really like him, and I would like to ask him out to the Rocky... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Art of Discreet Dating

The Most Upsetting Hats on the Internet

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 9, 2011
First of all, Stock Photo Face-Off needs to set one thing straight: The proper spelling is mannequin, as in the 1987 cult classic where Blane from Pretty in Pink, who dresses mannequins at a department store, falls in love with a mannequin that... More  →
The Most Upsetting Hats on the Internet

Ask Kat: Where's My BFF?

By kat_rosenfieldJune 9, 2011
Dear Kat, I am a girl who has never had close girl friends. I have always wanted to be close to another girl, like desperately wanted a BFF, but throughout school (I'm in college now), girls have never warmed up to me. I've tried, but in... More  →
Ask Kat: Where's My BFF?

Summer Style Trends

By ApneetJune 9, 2011
The seventies are back in full swing this summer, with flared pants being a hot trend. (Clothing borrowed from Hold My Gold Vintage) This high-waisted patchwork number is so unique; I love the gradient fading from top to bottom. Erica styled the pants with a tank in... More  →
Summer Style Trends

How to Deal with Your Annoying Summer Roommate

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 9, 2011
Whether you're in summer school or living with eight of your closest friends and their high school friends and their high school friends' college friends in a duplex at the beach, summer is a time when roommate friction often flares. As the temperature rises, our... More  →
How to Deal with Your Annoying Summer Roommate