Skip over navigation

The Friday Awards (Are So Freaking Cute)

By Emily WinterOctober 16, 2009
The comments this week were full of soft and gooey, mushy, gushy, cutesy, smiley, hearts-and-flowers-and-puppy-kisses caliber adorableness. And fellas, it's all your fault. The highlight of this week's Friday Awards is the homecoming stories you Sparklers wrote about. These inspirational tales renewed our faith in... More  →
The Friday Awards (Are So Freaking Cute)

More Halloween Costume Inspiration

By ContributorOctober 16, 2009
We've already given tons of tips on choosing a Halloween costume, but Sparkler pestina18 has a few ideas that have been overlooked thus far on SparkLife. Enjoy! —SparkNotes editors It’s that time of year again: jack-o-lanterns grin from every doorstep, front yards have become... More  →
More Halloween Costume Inspiration

How To Get Over An Ex In Five Steps

By ContributorOctober 16, 2009
GeekGoesGlam is a self-help guru-in-training. We have a feeling she'll have her own book series, podcasts, and talk show in 10 years! —SparkNotes editors There is this one person and s/he is your life. You think about this person constantly. You... More  →
How To Get Over An Ex In Five Steps

Auntie SparkNotes: You'd Better Not Be Mastulating in There!

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 16, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, 2 weeks ago I started talking to the guy I liked. He knew I liked him because several of my friends decided it was their business to tell him. Anyway, we started texting and heavily flirting and we decided that he'd come over... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: You'd Better Not Be Mastulating in There!

How Fast Do You Read?

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 15, 2009
A while back, when we applauded people with the ability to read two books at the same time, we were shocked to learn from the comments that many of you tackle five or more books at once! Now we're turning out attention to speed... More  →
How Fast Do You Read?

I'm Eating This Snickers, and Nobody's Gonna Stop Me

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 15, 2009
In case you hadn’t noticed, we at SparkNotes are getting pretty excited about Halloween. We’ve been preparing all week: our house is decked out like a zombie graveyard, our iPod is loaded up with spooky music, and we’ve finally finished sewing the last... More  →
I'm Eating This Snickers, and Nobody's Gonna Stop Me

Neglected Monsters

By laura_buchholzOctober 15, 2009
Vampires are the “It” monster right now. In fact, they're so over-represented in pop culture that other, equally capable monsters are getting overlooked. Monsters who have talent and appeal, and are ready to sign six or seven-figure book deals, or star in their own major... More  →
Neglected Monsters

How to Be Friends with an Introvert

By ContributorOctober 15, 2009
What's in a name? A lot, if you get to choose it. Sparkler chessnerd89 has some wonderful tips on bonding with peers who aren't natural social butterflies. —SparkNotes editors Do you have a million friends and love to socialize? Are you the person whose... More  →
How to Be Friends with an Introvert

More Tips for Surviving School Pictures

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 14, 2009
Once, a long time ago, two exceptionally evil people had a conversation that went something like this: Evil Person #1: Man, look at these high school students. Evil Person #2: I know, right? They’re all disheveled from getting up so early… Evil Person #1: And sporting monster zits... More  →
More Tips for Surviving School Pictures

How to Create a Hacker-Proof Password

By Katie_RolnickOctober 14, 2009
Last week, Hotmail was hacked. We know what you're thinking: "Who uses Hotmail anymore?" But, because everything on the interwebs is connected, the password leak spread to Yahoo and Gmail accounts too, so there might have been actual cause for concern. One thing we... More  →
How to Create a Hacker-Proof Password