Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: Are People Naturally Good Or Bad at Math?

By Mr. TocheOctober 19, 2011
Q: Are people naturally good or bad at math, or do some people just say that to excuse their laziness? A: Everyone is naturally good at math. If you couldn't do math, you wouldn't be able to survive. And I don't just mean being able to... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Are People Naturally Good Or Bad at Math?

Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Boyfriend Upgrade

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 19, 2011
Dear Auntie: A few months ago, my boyfriend and I met at a church and at school and started dating. We have been dating for 10 months now, and still deeply in love. It's not perfect, but it's great. When you read what I'm about to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Boyfriend Upgrade

Open Thread for October 19

By SparkLifeOctober 19, 2011
If this isn't Jono's license plate, there is something wrong with the world. Thanks for sending this pic in, Mystery Sparkler!... More  →
Open Thread for October 19

The Pros and Cons of New Friends

By ContributorOctober 18, 2011
So, for the first time EVER, I brought a friend home from college for fall break. Now. Don’t freak out. This is not a “friend” (much to my high school friends’ chagrin), but a friend. Promise. It’s only been 2 out of our 7-day trip,... More  →
The Pros and Cons of New Friends

How To Straighten Your Hair Without Burning Down The World

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 18, 2011
It's Saturday night. Your friend Cindy is having a party. (More people should be called Cindy.) You want to look good, and not just your usual good. Really good. What you really want to do is straighten your hair, but the only time you ever... More  →
How To Straighten Your Hair Without Burning Down The World

8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 4

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 18, 2011
1. We found a good writer! Holy cow, you guys! After a pretty abysmal start, 2BG finally had its first solidly not-terrible episode. Go Kat Dennings! Go Beth Behrs! Still shut up, Garrett Morris! I credit writer Michelle Nader, who broke from the... More  →
8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 4

The Ten Worst Things to Do on a Plane

BonnieBellez, we think you'd make an excellent air marshall. –Sparkitors Hey Sparklies! It's been a while. I would exchange pleasantries, but I'm peeved. See, I travel a lot. And every time I travel, it seems like 75% of the other people on the plane... More  →
The Ten Worst Things to Do on a Plane

Halloween Make-Up Tips for Ghouly Girls

By Ashley SpencerOctober 18, 2011
The most awesome scary holiday is almost upon us. If you are truly a girly-ghoul, you probably like to celebrate Halloween on multiple days, and not just on the 31st. You like to sport costumes at the mall and dress up for Haunted House crawls... More  →
Halloween Make-Up Tips for Ghouly Girls

If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 18, 2011
WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AMS. And MANKLERS. And BUTTS. And EVERYONE who participated last week—you rocketed the number of comments up to 124! You're princes, each and every one of you. You also seem to know more about embittered enemies and elevator interiors than I... More  →
If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

Worst-Case Scenario: The Sorting Hat Has Placed You in Slytherin

somebody_else's_problem was sorted into Slytherin—so she immediately dyed her hair blonde and tried to kill Dumbledore.—Sparkitors Greetings, my fellow Sparklers and Manklers! I have a thrilling story to share with you all—a tale of betrayal, of tragedy, and ultimately, of survival.... More  →
Worst-Case Scenario: The Sorting Hat Has Placed You in Slytherin