Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 24, 2010
I can pick a song, right? Sure I can. In the spirit of the holidays, here's a lovely Coldplay song for you. (Note: This is not very funny, random, or interesting. It is, though, a great early morning sort of ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 24

By Emily WinterDecember 24, 2010
It's Christmas Eve! What's even better than a last-minute letter to Santa on this day? THIS Sparkler letter... This is a pacow. The story of the pacow starts with one simple fact - my dad likes cows. This led me to put my epic crafting skillz... More  →
Open Thread for December 24

The Sadie Hawkins Crusade: Gotta Have (a) Faith

By ContributorDecember 23, 2010
Ninja_Assassin is our newest NBK columnst—and she's on a mission to get a date to Sadie Hawkins! —Sparkitors Hello Sparklers!!!!!!! I’d like to take this time to introduce myself: My name is Faith, and I have never been kissed. You’re probably thinking to your incredibly... More  →
The Sadie Hawkins Crusade: Gotta Have (a) Faith

Auntie SparkNotes: Holiday Updates and Nog, Nog, Nog

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 23, 2010
The holiday season is upon us, Sparklers, and I've got an awesome gift for you: a visit from the Ghost of Letters Past! So pull up a chair, wrap yourself in your most festive sweater, pour a glass of eggnog, and enjoy these updates from... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Holiday Updates and Nog, Nog, Nog

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 27

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 23, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Travel Plans Better Title: Your Baby Is Broken. Fix it. The Twilight Before Christmas By Daniel Adam Bergstein 'Twas days before Christmas, when all through the house Dan was still stirring, like a caffeinated mouse. He paced and he hollered, he yelped and he cried, "This book makes no... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 27

Thrifted Thursday: Have Yourself A Vintage Little Christmas!

By ApneetDecember 23, 2010
With the holidays upon us, I went thrifting this week for some vintage pieces that I could wear to holiday parties. I couldn't let the subject pass without a Christmas photo shoot, complete with a tree, presents, and my friend Adam, seen below in some... More  →
Thrifted Thursday: Have Yourself A Vintage Little Christmas!

Holiday Haiku for You

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 23, 2010
What's that sound? By golly, it's the pitter patter of Santa's tiny reindogs on the roof! Ho ho ho. He's bringing you a big ol' sack of Sparku for Christmas! Now don't read them so hard on Christmas Day that you... More  →
Holiday Haiku for You

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Recipe for the Perfect Man

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a good book must be in want of the perfect man (my apologies to Jane Austen). Books often create ideals of romance, chivalry, and all that jazz. I just so happen to... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Recipe for the Perfect Man

What Christmas Cards Say About... Other People

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 23, 2010
Christmas cards seem like a pretty straightforward concept, if a little counterproductive. Everyone exchanges money for pleasant little cards when they then exchange with each other; sort of like redeemable gift cards, except that they can only be redeemed for absolutely nothing Christmas... More  →
What Christmas Cards Say About... Other People

Never Been Kissed in Michigan: Part 2

thenameselodie kicks some major NBK butt this week; she doesn't get any lip action, but we were still SUPER impressed!—Sparkitors There’s a boy in my class who I will refer to only as The Uber Hottie. He’s... More  →
Never Been Kissed in Michigan: Part 2