Skip over navigation

What NOT to Do to Show Your Ex You're Over It

By Ashley SpencerNovember 17, 2010
Do you think getting engaged just days after your ex-boyfriend pops the question to his new girl sounds like a great idea? If so, you’re a student of the Jessica Simpson school of thought. Though we like her shoe line, we... More  →
What NOT to Do to Show Your Ex You're Over It

Auntie SparkNotes: Cliquity Clique

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 17, 2010
One great thing about being an adult: you don't have to see your enemies every single day. It gets better, Sparkler! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a group of friends who have been acting more like frenemies to EVERYBODY. It started this year when a new... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Cliquity Clique

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season Two, Episode 7 (The Substitute)

By Melissa AlbertNovember 17, 2010
Glee continues its two-week run of totally working for me, despite barely advancing the plot and also not allowing the camera to linger long enough on Kurt’s Blaine shrine, which is my new favorite character. It was no “Duets,” but it managed to... More  →

How To Apologize

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 17, 2010
If corporate and celebrity scandals have taught us anything, it’s that apologizing is less a matter of fact than a matter of art. A simple “I’m sorry” won’t cut it these days. If you want to apologize, you’ll need to plan ahead, spend a... More  →
How To Apologize

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 17, 2010
Normally when a video receives a score as low as 5.20 (which is what last week's clip averaged), Chelsea Dagger spends 3 days in mourning, cursing the inventor of the internet and eating nothing but her own tears. But this time around,... More  →

Open Thread for November 17

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 17, 2010
Apparently, lia.lovegood has never been to the zoo. Sure, this drawing is adorable, but check out the caption that came with it: I was sitting at home bored one day, and I decided to draw a penguin on "paint". I've never really used paint... More  →

Megan's Life Lessons: Megamind=MEGAFAIL

By Megan PrietzelNovember 16, 2010
jedimastermegan describes this post as “a really really unnecessarily in-depth look at this film’s suck-factor." Hey, if that doesn't intrigue you, then nothing will. —Sparkitors You know when you walk into a movie theater, full of glorious expectations, and you select a seat in... More  →

Hilarious Quotes By Teachers—Round 3!

By ContributorNovember 16, 2010
Thanks for this funny and touching post, TheEpicNinjaOfEpicness! Mr. Leifert sounds like an incredible teacher. —Sparkitors After reading the posts by flyergirl13 and PhantomPhan93, I knew that my English teacher, Mr. Leifert, deserved a mention... More  →

The WINNER of the SparkNotes Academy Flag Contest Is...

By Emily WinterNovember 16, 2010
The time has finally come for us to announce the WINNER OF THE SPARKNOTES ACADEMY FLAG CONTEST! The winner will... be crowned Sparkler of the Universe. be treated to a milkshake by the Sparkitors if she ever finds herself in New York. have her design featured on... More  →
The WINNER of the SparkNotes Academy Flag Contest Is...

Auntie SparkNotes: Get Out and DATE!

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 16, 2010
We never date people we can't imagine marrying. That's why we shan't go bowling with anyone but Daniel Craig. Dan, call us! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I've recently shown a certain interest in this boy, who we'll call Jack. Jack and I have been flirting, but nothing too... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Get Out and DATE!