Skip over navigation

July Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 8, 2010
Is this the summer of love? Will July be a month plagued by drama? Will you eat a pie that doesn’t taste as good as it looks? Will your beach towel be dry by tomorrow? How will this month end? We gaze into our paper... More  →
July Horoscopes

My Crush is a Harry Potter Character: PART 2

By ContributorJuly 8, 2010
Yesterday's post may have left a few of the most crush-worthy HP characters out in the cold, but HarryPotterLoverGrL gives them the dreamboat street cred they're due! And get excited: Part 3, featuring even more magical HP... More  →
My Crush is a Harry Potter Character: PART 2

Life According to Ginger: Coming Out Before College (A Screenplay and Analysis)

A few months ago, Ginger emailed Auntie SparkNotes with a question about coming out to her parents. We thought the email was so funny, interesting, and well-written that we asked Ginger to blog about her life as she gets ready for college. Auntie answered Ginger's... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Coming Out Before College (A Screenplay and Analysis)

A Day in the Life of a British "Uni" Student

Sparkler Holly gives us an inside look at school in the UK, and we LIKE it.—Sparkitors I thought I'd give you all a taste of what it's like to survive the hell that is the end-of-school exam process in the UK. I'm currently... More  →
A Day in the Life of a British

How to Kiss: Kathryn Says Relax

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 8, 2010
You've probably realized by now that the Sparkitors ordered asked all the Sploggers (SparkLife blogger—still test-driving this one) to write a post on how to kiss. You might also have realized that this assignment produced a squeam heard ‘round the world.... More  →
How to Kiss: Kathryn Says Relax

Open Thread for July 8

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 8, 2010
We love ourselves a good literary pet name, and this one is ACES: meet Elena28's hilarious African grey congo parrot, Hawthorne.  As she explains: He's named for Nathaniel Hawthorne, author of The Scarlet Letter.  Why?  Because he has a scarlet tail, of... More  →
Open Thread for July 8

Why Are Those Young Women Taking Photos of Their Shoe Circle?

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 7, 2010
If you see a group of young women huddled around, chances are they're taking a photo of their shoes all pointed inward to make a sort of star pattern, like this. You’ve seen these photos. They have become as common as guys More  →
Why Are Those Young Women Taking Photos of Their Shoe Circle?

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 5

By ContributorJuly 7, 2010
Need to catch up on previous posts in Coffinmaker's hilarious recap of Wuthering Heights? Click here!— Sparkitors Chapter V Last week, I was hugging my copy of Wuthering Heights out of sheer gladness... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 5

Sick In the Summer

By Ashley SpencerJuly 7, 2010
It really sucks to be sick in the summer. While everyone else is swimming and drinking giant sweating glasses of lemonade, you’re stuck inside attached to a heated blanket despite the fact that it’s 90 degree out, and you’re begging your mom to buy you... More  →
Sick In the Summer

Auntie SparkNotes: Parental Pressure, Doctoral Drama

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 7, 2010
Med school? We can hardly even put on a Band-Aid without fainting. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, My junior year has now come to a close, meaning that my senior year is just around the corner. Senior year means college and figuring what to do with your life. My... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Parental Pressure, Doctoral Drama