Menu

Colin Firth, (Old) Man of Our Dreams

By ContributorJune 6, 2011
jesusfreak823 is  hardcore Firth fan—and we really can't blame her!—Sparkitors Oohh, Colin Firth. You may be more than 3 times my age, but somehow you have managed to snag my fangirl heart and the hearts of many others like me. Your... More  →
Colin Firth, (Old) Man of Our Dreams

Committee of Cool: We Are Hip! We Are With It! We Watch The MTVs!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 6, 2011
Emily: MTV MOVIE AWARDS! Chelsea: I was trying to type a Robert Pattinson joke but it was too hard. Emma: I'm old. Emily: WAS THAT THE JOKE? Emma: I don't know... More  →
Committee of Cool: We Are Hip! We Are With It! We Watch The MTVs!

Things To Adjust To When You Move Back Home for the Summer

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 6, 2011
Some of you went away to college this year. And that means that some of you will be coming back from college over the summer—and moving back home with your family. And no matter how excited you are to see your parents and/or goldfish, there... More  →
Things To Adjust To When You Move Back Home for the Summer

Open Thread for June 6

By SparkLifeJune 6, 2011
Today we've got an especially special OT: it was written for a Sparkler, by a Sparkler! (DOUBLE JACKPOT!) Here it is: Break a leg today, Wickedchick825! You will be amazing! Love, your twin ... More  →
Open Thread for June 6

Open Thread for June 5

By SparkLifeJune 5, 2011
She's tough. She's pretty. She's a reality TV star. She strings guys along for entire trilogies. She is... KATNISS EVERDEEN, as drawn by our own applegrins11! Are you an artist? We want to see your work! Send it to contribute@sparknotes.com. ... More  →
Open Thread for June 5

Open Thread for June 4

By SparkLifeJune 4, 2011
If a white rabbit got lost in a blizzard, would it disappear forever? No! Not if a faint blue outline saved it! Thanks for the drawing, thelesserknownknightwhosaysni. Send your cute pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for June 4

Vacation Horror Stories

By Lindsay PuvelJune 3, 2011
Summer vacations should be extended periods of time filled with relaxation, laughter, and family bonding. Instead, they’re often extended periods of time filled with tension, obnoxious relatives, and rain. I’ve had my share of “fundatory” family vacations, and while some have been more enjoyable than... More  →
Vacation Horror Stories

The Demons of Summer

By Lex LuthorJune 3, 2011
After each long winter and soggy spring, we embrace summer with unqualified joy. Perhaps you believe this is naivety is harmless. Perhaps you need a timely reminder of summer’s dark side: The Unsanitary Specter Soulless and silently menacing, the unsanitary specter haunts from a... More  →
The Demons of Summer

My Coming Out

By ContributorJune 3, 2011
BonnieBellez, we wish we could hug you! You're such an inspiring and brave Sparkler!—Sparkitors Hi there. A few wonderful Sparklers know me, and you guys were among the first people to know that I'm bisexual.... More  →
My Coming Out

The Hit List: Thousand Foot Krutch

By ContributorJune 3, 2011
We'll let Metalhead865 do the intro for us: It's been a long time coming, and EVERYONE has been asking me for this band to get some exposure. They're one of my ALL TIME favorites. Enjoy!—Sparkitors Canada has a bad... More  →
The Hit List: Thousand Foot Krutch