Skip over navigation
Menu

You Know You're an IB Student When...

By ContributorMay 23, 2011
Are all IB students as funny as you, idkwhy.really? That's gotta help with the five-hour sleep schedule... –Sparkitors Dun da na duhn! The day of reckoning has come: It is time for the IB students of the world to take over SparkLife. For those Sparklers who have... More  →
You Know You're an IB Student When...

Why You Should Drop Everything and Join Marching Band

Even 18-hour days at band camp can't diminish meganpikalvr12's love of marching band. That's the most convincing argument of all! –Sparkitors I'm in my high school marching band for my second season and just from one season I know it is the best sport... More  →
Why You Should Drop Everything and Join Marching Band

The Life Cycle of a Pop Song

livelyrics13, your post should be required reading for all dispirited pop stars and wannabes! –Sparkitors With springtime in full swing and summer well on its way, let us take note of the cycles of birth and death that surround us. The flowers are blooming,... More  →
The Life Cycle of a Pop Song

Open Thread for May 23

By Chelsea DaggerMay 23, 2011
Here's what redheadlover391 has to say about her adorable pup, Bella: She's a mutt we got from the pound, and she's so sweet. I love her so much! :)... More  →
Open Thread for May 23

Open Thread for May 22

By EmmaMay 22, 2011
We survived the end of the world! What better way to celebrate than with... ...a Doctor Who marathon hosted by prettylittlewriter, who made these vegan TARDIS cookies for the occasion?! Celebrate the non-end of the world: send us your happy pics! contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for May 22

Open Thread for May 21

By EmmaMay 21, 2011
So, what are you up to on the last day of the world? We're painting our nails, watching Supernanny reruns, and then waving our pink Converse in the air like we simply do not care—just like thesonofrage. Have a great Saturday, kittens! We want... More  →
Open Thread for May 21

How to Make Manfriends

By kat_rosenfieldMay 20, 2011
Hey Kat, This probably isn't normal but I'm a guy and I have no guy friends. I'm a college freshman, I work best studying on my own, and I'm too busy with school, volunteering, and work to join a club. Therefore, most guys I meet tend... More  →
How to Make Manfriends

10 Reasons I Love My BFF

By ContributorMay 20, 2011
kitscard's list warms our hearts on this sad gray day. —Sparkitors I really, really love my best friend. She is all you could ask for. Here are some reasons why I love her so damn much: 1. She’s ALWAYS there when I need her. 2. We... More  →
10 Reasons I Love My BFF

Why You Shouldn't Hate Fangirls

SeptembreRea is basically the Jonathan Swift of our day. —Sparkitors Fangirls get a lot of hate out there, but I, for one, appreciate them! When one is luxuriating in the lovely sound of a favorite band at an exclusive, posh concert, what distraction... More  →
Why You Shouldn't Hate Fangirls

Why I Appreciate My Life!

Lasting.silhouette's post is short and touching. —Sparkitors My initials are MLK. Ever since I was little I’ve come to believe that sharing initials with such a meaningful and respected revolutionary, Martin Luther King Jr., meant that I was going to do something great. And... More  →
 Why I Appreciate My Life!