Skip over navigation

How to Dress Like... a Theater Techie

By ContributorDecember 9, 2010
We never realized how techie our wardrobe was until kamurphy1218 came along! —Sparkitors You know those super cool people that you don't *cough cough* see behind that set piece? Well now you can look JUST LIKE THEM!!! Isn't life grand? 1) Wear black. Head down... More  →
How to Dress Like... a Theater Techie

Thrifted Thursday, A Series About Secondhand and Vintage!

By ApneetDecember 9, 2010
Hey guys! My name is Apneet and I'm a student living, working, and thrifting in New York City. I'll be serving up your weekly dose of secondhand style right here every Thursday. I’ll be bringing you the best of my thrifted finds, showing how to... More  →
Thrifted Thursday, A Series About Secondhand and Vintage!

8 Reasons I Love Hanukkah

thelastcard makes some solid points; after all, you can't really argue with Adam Sandler.—Sparkitors After reading violet_hill1944's post, So What's The Deal With Hanukkah?, I noticed the Sparkitors' note at the bottom: violet's... More  →
8 Reasons I Love Hanukkah

How To Deal With a Superstar Sibling

Did your freshman brother just make the varsity football team and become the most popular guy in school? thenameselodie can relate.Sparkitors Sibling rivalry—it’s been around forever. (Cain and Abel, I’m looking... More  →

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season 2, Episode 10 (A Very Glee Christmas)

By Melissa AlbertDecember 9, 2010
The Glee Christmas episode made my small, coal-filled heart grow three sizes, Sparklers. It had loads of amazing one-liners and visual gags, and it folded songs into the plot instead of cutting to a million-and-one ridic auditorium numbers featuring insane effects and irritating jump cuts... More  →

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 9, 2010
Today's playlist, sent in by an anonymous sparkler, is called the Not Your Average Christmas Playlist "Snow Miser" by FM Static "Heat Miser" by Thousand Foot Krutch "December Mourning"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 9, 2010
Today's pick (sent in by wakwy) just made me laugh. And it's short, so even if you don't like it, I'll be happy to refund the wasted 50 seconds of your life (mail-order... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 9

By Emily WinterDecember 9, 2010
embracethecheese sent us this adorable picture of her dog. In June. Why have we been holding onto this picture of Luna for SO LONG? Because we're terrible, terrible people, of course!... More  →
Open Thread for December 9

The Do's and Don'ts of Being a Wing Person

By Ashley SpencerDecember 8, 2010
You know that with great power comes great responsibility. But did you know that that advice applies not only to Spider Man, but to wing people (we prefer that term to “wing man")? If one of your friends trusts you enough to make you her... More  →
The Do's and Don'ts of Being a Wing Person

Application Essay: Booty Talk

By Miss MarmDecember 8, 2010
Since reading this essay a few weeks ago, I've thought about it a lot. That might be because Fiona is my soul sister (like her, I'm a nerdy feminist Hot 97 addict who feels kind of guilty about listening to misogynist... More  →
Application Essay: Booty Talk