Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of an English State School Student

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
We love this post by strawberryquidditch because 1) she's an amazing writer, and 2) the cool English slang reminds us of Harry Potter! It's a win-win!— Sparkitors Here's a look at a typical day in my life! 7:00 am: Alarm clock rings. I hit... More  →
A Day in the Life of an English State School Student

Playlist: Super-Duper Awesome Songs

We've never heard of Freelance Whales, but we're totally going to give them a listen. With a name like that, they HAVE to be great. Thanks for the tip, Twilightluvr27!— Sparkitors These are the songs I'm obsessed with at the moment; I hope... More  →
Playlist: Super-Duper Awesome Songs

Auntie SparkNotes: One Bad Mother

By kat_rosenfieldJune 17, 2010
We don't let Auntie drive to people's houses with fish weaponry. But sometimes we wonder if we should. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm a twin. My sister is very athletic and outgoing, and I'm more on the quiet side, and a member of my school's yearbook staff.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: One Bad Mother

How to Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 1: Philosophy

By Jon_SkindzierJune 17, 2010
This is the first in a series of posts that will basically make you perfect at everything by the end of the summer. If you'd prefer to fake being perfect instead, well, we cover that, too. Today's Topic: Philosophy. Introductory Philosophy Q&A Q. Eww, philosophy? A. Good question!... More  →
How to Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 1: Philosophy

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 2

Coffinmaker is blogging Wuthering Heights. If you missed his first post, read it here! —Sparkitors Chapter II I’m convinced that Mr. Lockwood was the original Three Stooges. All three of them. In this chapter alone, he steals a lantern, gets attacked by dogs,... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 2

How Can You Read in the Car?

By Dan_BergsteinJune 17, 2010
First, an apology: In the SparkNotes Guide to Road Trips, I mentioned that reading in a moving car will give you a headache. This tip was based solely on my own experience. It has come to my attention that I am a fool. Many... More  →
How Can You Read in the Car?