Skip over navigation

How To Make Friends, Even If You Are Terrified

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 25, 2010
Starting from scratch in a new high school—as a freshman from some obscure middle school nobody else went to, or as a transfer—can be daunting. It's not much better if you're going back to your same old high school and, for you, social interaction has always... More  →
How To Make Friends, Even If You Are Terrified

How to Talk to the Mysterious New Kid

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 25, 2010
Every school year, a new student will show up from places unknown. The new kid will keep to himself. He will be stronger than you imagine. He will be fast, but not too fast. He will be tall, but also short. He will... More  →
How to Talk to the Mysterious New Kid

A Day in the Life of a Concert Band Camp Clarinetist

By ContributorAugust 25, 2010
We love blackdress11's nickname, and post! —Sparkitors Since I didn't have much planned for my summer, when my clarinet teacher told me about this week-long university music camp for high school students and older people at UBC (University of British Columbia), I thought, why not? We... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Concert Band Camp Clarinetist

Four Reasons Not to Watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager

By ContributorAugust 25, 2010
foreveryoung382 is ANGRY about Secret Life, and we can see why. We tried watching it once—definitely not as good as Pretty Little Liars. —Sparkitors When the show The Secret Life of the American Teenager first came out, I admit, I watched it. It was... More  →
Four Reasons Not to Watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 25, 2010
We have several riveting discussion points for today's post: 1. Some of you consider the delivery of US mail to be nothing short of sacrosanct. As such, you will be deeply unhappy to learn the postman who delivers letters and magazines to Chelsea Dagger's Brooklyn apartment... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 25

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 25, 2010
Today we've got a special treat for all y'all: an open thread by Auntie SparkNotes! Go ahead, feast upon its glory: On Saturday, August 21st, Brad (a.k.a. my husband, a.k.a. "Mr. Auntie SparkNotes") went to an NY Giants pre-season game and ended up sitting... More  →
Open Thread for August 25

Post-Potter Depression: A Possible Cure?

By ContributorAugust 24, 2010
Chessmedalist, you may have just saved us all. How can we ever repay you?—Sparkitors Are you suffering from Post-Potter Depression, ever after reading last week’s post about potential treatments? Are you desperate to find a way to... More  →
Post-Potter Depression: A Possible Cure?

Committee of Cool: Art vs. Science vs. DAN BERGSTEIN

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 24, 2010
Guys. Guys. Guys. YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. Actually, if you can read, and you read the title of this post, you probably can. BUT DO WE CARE? Negatory. Because what's about to happen is so explosive, so controversial, so unprecedented,... More  →
Committee of Cool: Art vs. Science vs. DAN BERGSTEIN

How to Live on the Edge: End of Summer Edition

HarryPotterLoverGrL is XTREME. We're just glad she doesn't go to our pool. We chicken out at the high dive every time. —Sparkitors So you want to be a summer daredevil, eh? You actually want to be known for awesomesauce summer adventures? OF COURSE YOU DO. You... More  →
How to Live on the Edge: End of Summer Edition

The Hit List: Mumford & Sons

Thanks for introducing us to this amazing group, Emmererr! We're pretty much obsessed.—Sparkitors After reading several posts in the Hit List series, I started pondering which British band I should introduce to the... More  →
The Hit List: Mumford & Sons