Search Menu
Menu

The Pros and Cons of New Friends

By ContributorOctober 18, 2011
So, for the first time EVER, I brought a friend home from college for fall break. Now. Don’t freak out. This is not a “friend” (much to my high school friends’ chagrin), but a friend. Promise. It’s only been 2 out of our 7-day trip,... More  →
The Pros and Cons of New Friends

How To Straighten Your Hair Without Burning Down The World

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 18, 2011
It's Saturday night. Your friend Cindy is having a party. (More people should be called Cindy.) You want to look good, and not just your usual good. Really good. What you really want to do is straighten your hair, but the only time you ever... More  →
How To Straighten Your Hair Without Burning Down The World

8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 4

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 18, 2011
1. We found a good writer! Holy cow, you guys! After a pretty abysmal start, 2BG finally had its first solidly not-terrible episode. Go Kat Dennings! Go Beth Behrs! Still shut up, Garrett Morris! I credit writer Michelle Nader, who broke from the... More  →
8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 4

The Ten Worst Things to Do on a Plane

BonnieBellez, we think you'd make an excellent air marshall. –Sparkitors Hey Sparklies! It's been a while. I would exchange pleasantries, but I'm peeved. See, I travel a lot. And every time I travel, it seems like 75% of the other people on the plane... More  →
The Ten Worst Things to Do on a Plane

Halloween Make-Up Tips for Ghouly Girls

By Ashley SpencerOctober 18, 2011
The most awesome scary holiday is almost upon us. If you are truly a girly-ghoul, you probably like to celebrate Halloween on multiple days, and not just on the 31st. You like to sport costumes at the mall and dress up for Haunted House crawls... More  →
Halloween Make-Up Tips for Ghouly Girls

If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 18, 2011
WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AMS. And MANKLERS. And BUTTS. And EVERYONE who participated last week—you rocketed the number of comments up to 124! You're princes, each and every one of you. You also seem to know more about embittered enemies and elevator interiors than I... More  →
If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

Worst-Case Scenario: The Sorting Hat Has Placed You in Slytherin

somebody_else's_problem was sorted into Slytherin—so she immediately dyed her hair blonde and tried to kill Dumbledore.—Sparkitors Greetings, my fellow Sparklers and Manklers! I have a thrilling story to share with you all—a tale of betrayal, of tragedy, and ultimately, of survival.... More  →
Worst-Case Scenario: The Sorting Hat Has Placed You in Slytherin

Ask a Teacher: Dealing with Hover Parents

By Mr. JonesOctober 18, 2011
Q: How do you deal with hover parents who get angry at you or complain about your teaching methods? Do you ever treat the child of that parent differently afterwards, whether you mean to or not? A: A common question I get from my non-teacher friends... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Dealing with Hover Parents

Nerdfighter Vocab: This List Will Decrease World Suck

talonsandtealeaves is about to expand your dork-vocabulary TENFOLD.—Sparkitors French the llama. Barty Couch Jr. The Swindon Town Swoodlypoopers. This Machine Pwns N00bs. This Star Won’t Go Out. TFiOS. Hanklerfish. If you recognized any of those words or phrases,... More  →
Nerdfighter Vocab: This List Will Decrease World Suck

The SparkLife Hierarchy

The hilarious jtjuvenile breaks down our enormously complex social structure—and, unsurprisingly, Harry Potter gets the top spot. DAMN YOU, HARRY.—Sparkitors Every community has a pecking order, be it a gathering of wild beasts or the furiously competitive social pond... More  →
The SparkLife Hierarchy