Search Menu
Menu

10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 22, 2011
It’s week 4 of NaNoWriMo, and your hero still sucks times a million. You feel dumb and your fingers type slowly because there’s nothing grounding your novel or pushing it along. We understand your stupidity, though, and we are ready to fight it with every... More  →
10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

Audio Happiness

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 22, 2011
Pixie_rae31 specifically designed this playlist to be listened to while skipping, or petting kittens, or other happy things like that. If you can manage it, we're sure it would go well with frolicking in a meadow or playing duck-duck-goose with 12 puppies and... More  →
Audio Happiness

Why Superman's Reign of Terror Must End

By ContributorNovember 22, 2011
mjray926 is not impressed with everyone's favorite butt-chinned superhero. Is she onto something, or blaspheming comic-book history? –Sparkitors I am the unofficial head of the SMAP initiative. SMAP (I wish it spelled out SLAP) stands for Superman Awareness Program. My many colleagues and I... More  →
Why Superman's Reign of Terror Must End

Open Thread for November 22

By SparkLifeNovember 22, 2011
Hanna sent us this gorgeous pic of the seaside in Hindelopen, Netherlands, saying "I wish I were there right now." We've never been, but it looks absolutely beautiful; we're definitely adding Hindelopen to our  "Must Visit" list! (And also our "Words we will... More  →
Open Thread for November 22

10 Things You'll Need at College

By ContributorNovember 21, 2011
This is simply a humble list of items that I didn't initially bring to school, but have found that I can't live without. I tried to keep it low-budget; most of them are either hand-made or “liberated.” 1. A lunch tray. A multi-purpose tool. “Oh, I... More  →
10 Things You'll Need at College

Kitchen Utensils, Illustrated

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 21, 2011
After Recipe Week, last week's celebration of glorious foodstuffs and culinary talent, no doubt you're ready to don a chef's hat, roll up your sleeves, and get busy in the kitchen like a BOSS. But before you tie on your apron, beware! For your kitchen cabinets are a strange More  →
Kitchen Utensils, Illustrated

We Will Never Surrender Our Knee Socks

One of my most beloved Fall fashion combinations is a button-down top, a short skirt, some tall boots, and (my favorite part!) a pair of knee socks to round it all out—sort of a grown-up riff on the schoolgirl uniform since, sadly, the classic knee... More  →
We Will Never Surrender Our Knee Socks

And the Winner of the Best Disney Boyfriend Contest Is...

By Lauren PassellNovember 21, 2011
...Wait for it... ...Wait for it... ...Wait for ittttttt.... FLYNN! Well that was fun. Who doesn't love a good underdog story? Our man Flynn almost lost in the first round. But with your help he whipped Tarzan, Prince Adam, Robin Hood, The Prince, Quasimodo, Prince Charming, Prince Phillip, Prince... More  →
And the Winner of the Best Disney Boyfriend Contest Is...

Auntie SparkNotes: In Search of Nerdgirls

Dear Auntie, I'm at an all male, private college and there are several schools with female populations around my school. Trouble is, I can't really seem to meet the type of girl I'm looking for without appearing to be a creep as my only methods of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: In Search of Nerdgirls

We Are Thankful for Thanksgiving Sparku

By Kathryn_WilliamsNovember 21, 2011
You guys, we forgot how much fun it is to reduce everything to 17 syllables! How did our haiku series fall by the wayside?! Hold your horses. We shall rectify this situation immediately. Gratitude I am thankful for Marcel the Shell with Shoes On. Oh,... More  →
We Are Thankful for Thanksgiving Sparku