Search Menu
Menu

How to Admit That You Acted Like the World's Biggest Jerk

By Josh PeriloDecember 23, 2011
We’ve all taken our SO or BFF for granted, snubbed them one too many times, or even just said that thing about their mom that we all know is true but we’re not supposed to bring up in public (>coughcough<). The damage is done... More  →
How to Admit That You Acted Like the World's Biggest Jerk

Open Thread for December 23

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 23, 2011
An anonymous Sparkler sent in this holiday greeting from all of our favorite holiday friends...except Santa. Who is, of course, absent because he's getting ready to deliver presents. Right? RIGHT?! Anybody else ready for presents?!?! ... More  →
Open Thread for December 23

Why Die Hard is Better Than Every Other Christmas Movie

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 22, 2011
Holiday movies come in all shapes and sizes. Well, actually, the shape is pretty much the same. Anyway, of all the movies to watch this Christmas, none is greater than Die Hard! This month we assigned Die Hard to all members of the SparkNotes Movie... More  →
Why Die Hard is Better Than Every Other Christmas Movie

Relevant Advice from The Rules?

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 22, 2011
Scott Free's Dating Tip of the Week: Hit the slopes! Sledding is incredibly romantic. But giving her a white-wash is not. Happy Christmas! Merry New Year! Happy premature Chinese New Year! I know it’s not for two months or so, but I got you a present... More  →
Relevant Advice from The Rules?

Sweater Party!

By ApneetDecember 22, 2011
With a winter chill starting to set in, I found myself without many kint and layering pieces. I went looking for cozy sweaters, and found stripes, chunky knits, and crochet styles. (Sweater dress, Goodwill | Socks, Free People | Shoes, Jeffrey Campbell, Sunglasses, Hold My Gold... More  →
Sweater Party!

Casual Up Dos for Every Type of Hair

By Emily WinterDecember 22, 2011
That's it, we're obsessed with Alexis. She's the gorgeous older sister we Sparkitors never had, which is weird because we're older than her. NO MATTER. We bow to her hair authority anyway. Loading the player ... jwplayer("hairvid").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', ... More  →
Casual Up Dos for Every Type of Hair

Auntie SparkNotes: Exclamation Point!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 22, 2011
Dearest Auntie, Last weekend I visited my absolute favorite, canthisberealit'ssowonderful college! It was awesome (again) but through the admissions session a bombshell was dropped on me, shattering everything I've held to be true in my short 18 years! The admissions woman, dream killer that she is, read... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Exclamation Point!

Even Nice Guys Can Be Jerks

By ContributorDecember 22, 2011
Sunnyskies92 learned the hard way that guys aren't always what they seem. Read on for her guide to recognizing a player!—Sparkitors Let’s back track a few posts to Chase. Sweet, kind, funny, shy Chase, who... More  →
Even Nice Guys Can Be Jerks

Why Trees Are the Perfect Life Partner (Warning: This Post is 9 Kinds of Crazy)

Iris gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "going green."—Sparkitors Tired of human courting rituals? Of the games and flirting, and all the effort that goes in to maintaining a meaningful relationship with another individual of the same species?... More  →
Why Trees Are the Perfect Life Partner (Warning: This Post is 9 Kinds of Crazy)

What to Get Gary for Christmas

LunyLovegood did some serious brainstorming to come up with the perfect gifts for the little monster you love to hate.—Sparkitors Oh boy, I can feel the capslock key getting pressed already. I know what you're thinking: "WHAT? WHY WOULD WE... More  →
What to Get Gary for Christmas