Skip over navigation

Committee of Cool: Jape

By Chelsea DaggerJune 1, 2010
WHEW. Let's all take a deep breath, shall we? Last week's uber-controversial review of the Jonas Brothers nearly sparked a civil war in the comments section: sister turned against sister, families were torn apart, and children wept as bowtie-bedecked wetsuits were berated and... More  →
Committee of Cool: Jape

A Day in the Life of a Sparkler’s Cat

By ContributorJune 1, 2010
This post is more fiction-y than what we usually publish, but alsailor44 had us LOL-ing our heads off. What else could we do? —Sparkitors I don’t go to school. In fact, I shouldn’t even be able to speak English. But I do. Because I’m... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Sparkler’s Cat

Guide to Watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs

By Ed DemariaJune 1, 2010
Do televised sporting events suck out your soul faster than a Dementor with a name-brand vacuum cleaner? Do the words "hockey playoffs" make you want to use an Unforgivable Curse on the nearest inanimate object? Do ice rinks give you flashbacks to the... More  →
Guide to Watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs

Auntie SparkNotes: Cheating Tom or Mary Sue?

By kat_rosenfieldJune 1, 2010
We cheated once in high school, and we still feel guilty about it. —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie, I need your help. Right now in Chemistry, we are taking a series of tests intimidatingly called "The Gauntlet"-- it actually only comes out to one test grade but ultimately... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Cheating Tom or Mary Sue?

Blogging Eclipse: Part 27 (The End!)

By Dan_BergsteinJune 1, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Needs Better Title: The Incredible Sulk A certain character in this book isn't handling a relationship very well. Guess which one. (Hint: It's not Conner.) Poor Bella is double-sad after she dumped Jacob. But since they weren't really going out, this was less a dump... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 27 (The End!)

Cute Thing of the Week

Okay, after last week's side-splitting results, it's clear you've mastered the art of makin' one-liners out of puppies and kittens. So we've decided to give the fluffy felines a break for a bit and assign you something a little more challenging: HUGGING TODDLERS. Just... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Blogging Six Flags: Magic Mountain

By Adam BuchalterJune 1, 2010
As soon as you enter the Six Flags: Magic Mountain parking lot, you are transported from Valencia, California into a brand new world. It’s kind of like entering Narnia in C.S. Lewis’s classic book The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, only there... More  →
Blogging Six Flags: Magic Mountain <span class='sponsor_tag'>(sponsored)</span>

Open Thread for June 1st

What better way to kick off this magical, momentously sweaty month than with a picture of a balloon named Eggberto? This photograph was sent to us by muffinsarejustbetter, who clearly has too much time on her hands—and that's just how it should be... More  →
Open Thread for June 1st

Open Thread for May 31

By Chelsea DaggerMay 31, 2010
We want this puppy SOOOO bad. Come on, falineaz, can't we have him? Pretty please? On a less soppy note, the Sparkitors will be taking the day off to buy overpriced air-conditioning units, eat lots of cupcakes, and practice spelling "tridiminished rhombi-icosa-dodecahedron." We will... More  →
Open Thread for May 31

Open Thread for May 30

By Miss MarmMay 30, 2010
We think it's kind of grossicles to dress animals up in little costumes. Grossicles in a really, really cute way. Don't make us post pictures of sad dogs in ladybug hats! Send morally unimpeachable pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for May 30