Skip over navigation

We Know This Much Is True

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 14, 2009
This world of ours is confusing. Even for your brilliant SparkLife writers and editors. But while we're not sure of much, we're sure of a few things. To be precise, 24 things: 1. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. 2. Simon Cowell cries himself to sleep every night. 3.... More  →
We Know This Much Is True

Partner Projects: Are You Doomed?

By ContributorDecember 14, 2009
This is Sparkler JaneBond009's first post, and we think she's hilarious! —SparkNotes editors Your teacher announces a group project. "Okay," you think, "This is good. My and my friend can team up, half and half, I won’t have to do all the work. Great." Don’t... More  →
Partner Projects: Are You Doomed?

Cute Thing of the Week

By Emily WinterDecember 14, 2009
It's LEMUR week! Lemurs are, like, the best animals ever in the universe. They always look shocked, horrified, or like they are listening very, very hard. Their striped tales rock. Their hands are cute, in a creepy way. "Lemur" is fun to say. And, oh... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Glasses or Contacts?

By Robert IsenbergDecember 14, 2009
Dorothy Parker once said: "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." Is that still true? Should the visually challenged opt for contacts? Or in our enlightened age of Weezer and Tina Fey, is it better to be nerdy-chic and commit to a... More  →
Glasses or Contacts?

What Does Your Locker Say About You?

By Kia WoodDecember 14, 2009
You might think a locker is just a dumb metal thing that holds all your books and crap, but think again: Your locker is a totally awesome private oasis in the otherwise barren desert known as high school. Of all the many hallways, classrooms, seats,... More  →
What Does Your Locker Say About You?

Why Is that Guy Wearing a Winter Hat Indoors?

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 14, 2009
Months ago, when the temperatures and Michael Jackson were still warm (too soon?), we marveled at the strange summertime phenomenon of guys who drive without wearing a shirt. The seasons have changed, and now we're noticing another unusual fashion choice: Guys who wear winter... More  →
Why Is that Guy Wearing a Winter Hat Indoors?

Auntie SparkNotes: They Like You! They Really, Really Like You!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 14, 2009
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a problem and it's pretty complicated, I find myself changing who I like more often than I would like. I recently just started High school and during Middle School I was considered weird but as summer passed I changed quite a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: They Like You! They Really, Really Like You!

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterDecember 11, 2009
This is the moment of truth. Please be honest, Sparklers: Do you like our new Friamp stamp? It's totally cute, right? Okay, okay, we didn't actually get Friamp stamps, mostly because we promised our parents we wouldn't when we were 12, but it'd be a pretty... More  →
The Friday Awards

Why We Love Glee

By Emily WinterDecember 11, 2009
This week marked the final episode in 2009 of the new musical comedy Glee. Sadly, and rather obnoxiously, the show won't be on again till April, but at least the hiatus gives skeptics time to catch up on past episodes and... More  →
Why We Love Glee

Winter: Time for Shorts! Wait, What?

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 11, 2009
Hey, you, the kid wearing shorts, standing next to that snowdrift. We have some questions for you. One: What's up with the shorts? Two: No, really, about the shorts. Did you lose a bet or something? If you are a Winter Shorts Enthusiast, maybe you can... More  →
Winter: Time for Shorts! Wait, What?