Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Makeup Wakeup

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 29, 2010
We didn't ask our mom if we could wear makeup...we just did it. We're rebellious like that. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I have a major problem on my hands. I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school. That doesn't seem like much of a problem but... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Makeup Wakeup

Inception = Scrambled Brains and a Side of French Toast

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 29, 2010
We finally saw the new Christopher Nolan mind bomb movie last night. Nolan is the Mensa president director of Memento and The Dark Knight (RIP, Heath) and the man responsible for making my head feel... More  →
Inception = Scrambled Brains and a Side of French Toast

Dan Hacks Into Santa's Diary

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 29, 2010
It’s 90 degrees outside and the air smells like sunscreen and firework smoke. What better time to discuss Santa Claus and Halloween? The wonderful Jasmine (aka villainous_mwaha) and the wonderful Miss Marm were chatting about Santa and what he does on October 31st.... More  →
Dan Hacks Into Santa's Diary

Open Thread for July 29

By Emily WinterJuly 29, 2010
We love this short, grumpy e-mail from Pistaciosaregreat about her grumpy cat. Somehow, it brightened our morning: Here's a grumpy cat. She's called Poppy and is unfortunately mine. Send your grumpiest pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for publication on an open thread! ... More  →
Open Thread for July 29

Benefits of Ordering Off the Kids' Menu

By ContributorJuly 28, 2010
epicality, how old do you think is too old for the kids menu? Could the Sparkitors do it? We're sold on the idea. —Sparkitors Sparklers, I have a confession: I am 15 years old, and I still order off of the kids' menu at... More  →
Benefits of Ordering Off the Kids' Menu

Analyzing Your Summer Footwear

FeatherySnidget, can we call you FeatherySnidg for short? Or just Snidg? We love that name. —Sparkitors As Mark Twain so eloquently put it, "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Clothes, specifically shoes, say a lot about a person.... More  →
Analyzing Your Summer Footwear

SparkNotes Movie Club Discussion: Jaws

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 28, 2010
Didn’t I tell you Jaws was amazing? I wouldn’t lie…Well, I wouldn’t lie about Jaws. (I do lie about my weight and my friendship with Sting.) Some of you witnessed the mighty Jaws for the first time. Others knew just about every line of dialogue. During... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Discussion: Jaws

The Sorcerer's Apprentice: Five Questions

By Rachel KorowitzJuly 28, 2010
Remember the part of Fantasia* when Mickey Mouse wore the cute wizard costume? And he made the mops dance and stuff? And—oh no!—everything got flooded, and the sorcerer was all ticked off? Well, imagine that, except replace Mickey with the adorably quirky Jay Baruchel,... More  →
The Sorcerer's Apprentice: Five Questions

Hating You Is A Lot Like Falling In Love

Kolizzle, we totally understand where you're coming from. WHY CAN'T WE QUIT YOU, BIEBER?—Sparkitors Today’s celebrities fit into three categories: Those we love, those we hate, and those we wish we could hate more. Now, those first two categories... More  →
Hating You Is A Lot Like Falling In Love

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 28, 2010
Well color us WRONG, Sparklers. Last week, we predicted that you'd mutiny at the sight of a Twilight-related video clip, but we've hardly ever been more mistaken (let's not bring the Pancake Milkshake of '98 into this). You've officially been bitten by the... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week