Skip over navigation

What Does Your Mode of Transportation Say About You?

By Ashley SpencerAugust 12, 2010
When famous people show up at award shows and red carpet events, they arrive in style. Whether they “get it on” in their limo a la Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton back in the day (ewwwwwww) or arrive on a boat like P Diddy,... More  →
What Does Your Mode of Transportation Say About You?

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 9

By ContributorAugust 12, 2010
Coffinmaker is blogging Wuthering Heights. Zing! —Sparkitors I have a question for everyone reading this: if you could read a book narrated by anybody in the world, real or imagined, who would you pick? For me it would probably be any of the More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 9

What's Your Back-to-School Crisis?

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 12, 2010
The first day of school is brutal. Wide-eyed freshmen blunder around the halls in abject terror. Everyone's locker either won't open or won't lock. The only person enthusiastic about being back is the AP Bio teacher, who spent his summer desperately giving Fs to everything... More  →
What's Your Back-to-School Crisis?

Why "A Very Potter Sequel" is Just Better

lia.lovegood, you have something in common with Auntie SparkNotes: a fervent love for all things Very Potter. —Sparkitors If you love Harry Potter and haven't been living under a a rock for the past few months, then... More  →
Why

Auntie SparkNotes: The Secret Lives of Stepsisters

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 12, 2010
We like the sound of this Sparker's stepsister. —Sparkitors Auntie, Firstly, my story isn't the kind of sad Cinderella thing that usually comes with the word "step" -- I love my stepsister, stepdad, stepgrandparents, stepuncles, and stepdogs. My stepdad is 56, my mom is 53, I am... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Secret Lives of Stepsisters

The Ellie Report: Teenage Dream=Skintight Jeans and Jedi Knights

Ellielikespie, you get funnier every week. It's like you have some sort of hilarity-related disease. AND WE WANT TO CATCH IT. Man, do we ever. —Sparkitors After chronicling my journey into the Wonderful World of Bieber, I realized that I have... More  →
The Ellie Report: Teenage Dream=Skintight Jeans and Jedi Knights

My Crush Is a Professional Athlete, Too!

ZOMBIESATTACK, it's undeniable: you've got great taste in men!—Sparkitors Today as I was reading through the countless My Crush Is posts, one caught my eye. Suddenly, in that moment, the truth overwhelmed me; I too... More  →
My Crush Is a Professional Athlete, Too!

Open Thread for August 12

By Emily WinterAugust 12, 2010
LATE FOR WORK! LATE FOR WORK!!! I FEEL LIKE THIS PICTURE. GET IT TOGETHER, WINTER. Thanks, Dont_panic__42 for sending us your brownies. Next time, we want to see them in 3-D. On my desk. In real life. Noms.... More  →
Open Thread for August 12

How To Trick Everyone Into Thinking You Had a Hardcore Summer

By Lauren PassellAugust 12, 2010
What the heck have you been doing all summer? If the answer is TV surfing and perfecting your Slushee palette, don't even say it. On the first day of school, everyone is going to want to know how your summer was, and it's too late... More  →
How To Trick Everyone Into Thinking You Had a Hardcore Summer

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Mean Girls

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 11, 2010
With fall just around the corner, we thought it would be fun to get into the school spirit and watch a high school movie. And since my editor doesn’t think Raiders of the Lost Ark counts as a high school movie and because she got... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Mean Girls