Skip over navigation
Menu

Some of You Will Soon Receive Awards on Your Comments

By Emily WinterJune 3, 2011
Dear Sparklers, We regret to inform you that you may soon become the recipient of a glowing green star or bejeweled golden crown. Thankfully, these comment-based technological ingenuities will not affect all of you. Only intensely thoughtful, witty, and dedicated Sparklers will suffer the burden of carrying... More  →
Some of You Will Soon Receive Awards on Your Comments

Auntie SparkNotes: Braless Benefits

By kat_rosenfieldJune 3, 2011
Hey Auntie! Alright, so my question is about boobs. I'm 16 and only a 32A. And while I'm thankful that I have boobs in the first place, I'm super insecure about how small they are. I'm actually a very small person overall, but being 16 means... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Braless Benefits

Epic Desserts from a Sparkler's Kitchen

By ContributorJune 3, 2011
Not currently experiencing a mind-bending sugar high? MarauderPrincess is here to remedy that! –Sparkitors HOWDY! What’s up, me luverlies? How’s it going? Well? Awesomesauce! Remember how I gave you some of my favourite easy lunch recipes a while back? Well, this time... More  →
Epic Desserts from a Sparkler's Kitchen

V.S. Naipaul Is a Moron

By Miss MarmJune 3, 2011
Famed grumpypants V.S. Naipaul, whose novel A Bend in the River makes us violently sleepy, thinks Jane Austen—and all women!—are sentimental ninnies. As The Guardian reports, Naipaul gave an interview bashing the ladiez. Top four most enraging quotes: "[I] couldn't possibly share [Jane Austen's] sentimental... More  →
V.S. Naipaul Is a Moron

If Sparklers Ruled the World

This awesome post was a collaboration between Bexxrose and Cheez_It_Addiction—we definitely want to be on their team after the zombie apocalypse.—Sparkitors We all know that a world ruled by Sparklers would be a wonderful and highly intelligent... More  →
If Sparklers Ruled the World

NBK: The Countdown Begins

In this new series, FacetiousFace has a little something to get out of the way before she can start high school... –Sparkitors Hi, my name is Michaela. I like to make waffles, friends, and clothing from duct tape. I read comics, play Zelda, and... More  →
NBK: The Countdown Begins

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 3

By Dan_BergsteinJune 3, 2011
Chapter Seven: Mudbloods and Murmurs Better Title: Ron Barfs Up Slugs It's tough reading the word "murmur" without thinking of a certain series of awful novels about the hardships of being perfect. The word itself isn't horrible. It's a very good word. It's not the word's fault... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 3

7 Reasons to See Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

minuet_in_g dares to disagree with Dan the Great—but will she sway the Sparkler masses?—Sparkitors I was a little skeptical about seeing the latest film in the Pirates series,... More  →
7 Reasons to See Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Faye Goes to Prom!

Faye's been blogging her quest for a prom date since January. You picked out her (gorgeous) dress. Now find out how her big day went! —Sparkitors 15 weeks spent looking for a Prom date. 14 dresses tried on. 17 posts on SparkNotes. 1... More  →
Faye Goes to Prom!

The Beach House: A Scathing Review

Nicole-Lyn noticed a serious lack of pre-2000 book reviews and decided to bridge the gap with a gem from 1992. Were books even INVENTED by 1992?—Sparkitors

You remember R. L. Stine, don’t you? He’s the guy who wrote a

... More  →
The Beach House: A Scathing Review