Search Menu
Menu

The 5 Stages of Grade Grief

By ContributorSeptember 19, 2011
Sometimes in life, you don't get straight A's. By “you,” I absolutely don't mean “me.” I always get straight A's. Anyway, these are the five stages you pass through when you get, say, a 63% on your Intro to Physics problem set. Denial: You think, "I'm... More  →
The 5 Stages of Grade Grief

How to Wear Short Shorts (Even In Fall)

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 19, 2011
I am not a natural-born fashionista. Sometimes when I come out of my room, my roommate just points back in the direction of my closet. So the whole idea of layering and mixing textures and fabrics kind of makes me break into a peanut butter sweat. But layering is key to tran More  →
How to Wear Short Shorts (Even in Fall)

Auntie SparkNotes: None Of Your Affair

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 19, 2011
Dear Auntie, For the past few years I have been suspicious that my dad has been cheating on my mom. My suspicions were aroused due to his increased texting all the time, while we were at dinner, in the car, on a plane, watching tv, etc.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: None Of Your Affair

Nothing Rhymes with "The Emmys" (Believe Us, We've Tried)

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 19, 2011
Okay, so we didn't actually WATCH the Emmys (mostly because the tiny Brooklyn hovel in which we reside does not have a television)—but, thanks to the limitless magic of the internets, we're now certifiable experts on what went down at last night's award show. Consider... More  →
Nothing Rhymes with "The Emmys" (Believe Us, We've Tried)

Epic Video-Making!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 19, 2011
bookweirm's brother is the star of this video (and the editor and script writer). We think he's gearing up to be the next Chuck Norris, except better, because Chuck Norris can't act. Wasn't that video epic?! Send in your talents to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Epic Video-Making!

Real Life Shiz with Ash

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 19, 2011
Good morning, Sparklers, and thank you for attending my class on REAL LIFE SHIZ. I wish there had been a class like this when I was in high school. All I learned was that we need to know enough math, science, and English to... More  →
Real Life Shiz with Ash

The SparkLife Academy Talent Show Has Begun!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 19, 2011
Thao Nguyen is a gymnastics pro—not only can she do flips and twirls and all sorts of impossible looking things, but her hair stays in a perfect bun the entire time! Don't you think Thao's skills is amazing?! Send in you talent video to... More  →
The SparkLife Academy Talent Show Has Begun!

Open Thread for September 19

By SparkLifeSeptember 19, 2011
soccer2rules<333 sent us this adorable pic along with this message: This is a hat I got at the mall, the hat's name is Wombat and the penguin I'm holding is my penguin Glacier :D I LOVE PENGUINS!!! and hermionerules5 and... More  →
Open Thread for September 19

Open Thread for September 18

By SparkLifeSeptember 18, 2011
little_miss_sparky's open thread pic is a cri de coeur wrapped in a rainbow. We never thought we'd say this, but we miss the BAMs sometimes.... More  →
Open Thread for September 18

Open Thread for September 17

By SparkLifeSeptember 17, 2011
dspitzzz has been to an actual, nonfictional Quidditch World Cup!! She writes, "Yes, it is real! College teams compete in a two-day tournament in New York City each November. The experience I had was amazing, and I think all Sparklers should know about... More  →
Open Thread for September 17