Skip over navigation

Grudging Admissions: Five Things About Twilight That Don't Totally Suck

By kat_rosenfieldJune 29, 2010
When it comes to choosing sides in the ongoing superiority contest between Harry Potter and Twilight, it's no secret that your SparkNotes editors' allegiance lies at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and not in the soaking wet, wolf-and-vamp-infested forests of Forks, WA. But because... More  →
Grudging Admissions: Five Things About Twilight That Don't Totally Suck

Take Your Mind off Summer Stress

By ContributorJune 29, 2010
We can't get enough of funny summer stress-busters—#12 is our favorite! Thanks, 1grobanite!— Sparkitors It's summer, and all of sudden it seems that your best-laid plans (days on the lake, coffee dates with friends, popsicle-eating contests) are colliding with... More  →
Take Your Mind off Summer Stress

Auntie SparkNotes: Fuming Over Flirty Friends

By kat_rosenfieldJune 29, 2010
By this letter-writer's definition, we are MAJOR skanks. (We flip our hair like it's made of pancakes. Did that joke work?) —Sparkitors Hey Auntie, I have this gorgeous friend who I am really close too, and I don't know how to tell her that she's a skank.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Fuming Over Flirty Friends

The Hit List: Parliament and Funkadelic

Talking to girls, our imminent extinction, Metro Station's lameness—is there anything MaxVZ can't cover? That was a rhetorical question.— Sparkitors I’m not gonna waste time telling you about indie bands or today's biggest hits, and I don't really care how you feel about that.... More  →
The Hit List: Parliament and Funkadelic

4 Reasons Braces Aren't That Bad

We absolutely love your positive attitude, Bookworm12297! If you've got 'em, why not flaunt 'em?— Sparkitors

“Whhaaaaattttt?? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! You can’t make me! I won’t do

... More  →
4 Reasons Braces Aren't That Bad

How to Write a Children's Story

By Jon_SkindzierJune 29, 2010
If you had to write or tell a children's story, right this second, you could probably pull it off. All you'd really have to do is ramble about your day so far, while adding some talking animals here and there. Your story wouldn't be absolutely... More  →
How to Write a Children's Story

Open Thread for June 29

By Chelsea DaggerJune 29, 2010
Is this not THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DOG YOU HAVE EVER LAID EYES UPON?! This editor thinks it is, and this editor is never wrong. Her name is Daisy, and she's owned by ItsRainingJellybeans, who we are now extraordinarily jealous of.... More  →
Open Thread for June 29

Four Types of Rude People

By ContributorJune 28, 2010
AllisonJY is angry, and we like her that way. —Sparkitors I’m not the nicest person around. I mean, I’ve never been the kind to turn the other cheek or be kind to people who don't deserve it. I am, however, polite to people who... More  →
Four Types of Rude People

How to Throw a Proper Pity Party

We don't really have any reason to throw a pity party, but Iamacelebrity23's shindig sounds like so much fun that we're going to do it anyway!— Sparkitors All of us have days when we feel totally hopeless about ever having a relationship.... More  →
How to Throw a Proper Pity Party

Playlist: the Songs of Summer

This playlist makes us wish we were on a deserted island somewhere, drinking a lemonade slushie and falling asleep to the sounds of the surf. Thanks, aleyna22!— Sparkitors Editor's note: We haven't linked to the songs that include profanity. Ah, sweet summer. It's the most... More  →
Playlist: the Songs of Summer