Search Menu
Menu

The Help

By ContributorAugust 9, 2011
We're SO happy for two reasons: The first is that Lonks has finally reached the halfway mark in her epic quest, and the second is that The Help movie comes out TOMORROW!—Sparkitors Book #50 (*does happy dance*): The Help Author: Kathryn... More  →
The Help

Why You Should Spend the Rest of Summer Catching Up on Torchwood

Alliys is only going to say this one time: Torchwood is a funny, sexy, scary spinoff of Doctor Who. Any takers? –Sparkitors Chances are you’ve heard of Doctor Who, even if you’re not a fervent Whovian like me. But perhaps you are ignorant of... More  →
Why You Should Spend the Rest of Summer Catching Up on Torchwood

Incoming High School Freshmen, I Give You: The TRUTH

Blue_lights_of_ny is a little harsh, but SO IS LIFE. Get used to it. (Don't worry, we're kidding. Mostly.)—Sparkitors The start of high school is rapidly closing in upon us. Almost-Seniors are drinking it up, Almost-Juniors are signing... More  →
Incoming High School Freshmen, I Give You: The TRUTH

How to Kill Time at an Office Job

SunBrightSparrow, we're definitely going to try that time stamp thing, as soon as we figure out what, exactly, a time stamp is.—Sparkitors Like a lot of college kids, I have a job this summer to help pay my tuition. Unfortunately, my summer job doesn’t... More  →
How to Kill Time at an Office Job

Open Thread for August 9

By SparkLifeAugust 9, 2011
Donya is our new favorite person in the world because of her impeccable taste in photos (and blogs): Anyone that reads Dan's Harry Potter blogs can tell why I chose this specific picture out of hundreds of pictures I took on my... More  →
Open Thread for August 9

Auntie SparkNotes: Summer Job Jerkus

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 8, 2011
Hey Auntie, I've never written to you before, but I figured I'd give it a shot. So I got my first job this summer. It's not the best, but for the most part I can deal with it. There's just one unbelievably annoying problem: there's this... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Summer Job Jerkus

Facebook Etiquette of the Relationship Variety

By ContributorAugust 8, 2011
BlackBelt144, we love your rules for proper Facebooking. —Sparkitors Itʼs early Monday morning, and you just woke up with the most amazing feeling ever after spending all of yesterday with your perfectly gorgeous, perfectly angelic boyfriend/girlfriend. You get up... More  →
Facebook Etiquette of the Relationship Variety

Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate Chip Pancakes

By ShivaniAugust 8, 2011
After reading Shivani's latest post, we were really hungry—but we also wanted to barf. Now THAT'S the mark of a successful chef.—Sparkitors My friend Meeghan airmailed me a placenta. She said it was a gift from the people of the African village she... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Why You Should ALWAYS Tip Your Waiter

If stupid_nickel is your waitress, you better tip BIG.—Sparkitors This is in response to that very, VERY wrong post about not tipping. I'm sorry, ChloeChum, but you are COMPLETELY off... More  →
Why You Should ALWAYS Tip Your Waiter

5 Tips for Surviving High School Without a Best Friend

sammers1020 breaks down high school for the BFF-less teenager —Sparkitors At some point in all of our lives, we have to experience the huge blob of stress called high school. And with it, the many obstacles that stubbornly stand in... More  →
5 Tips for Surviving High School Without a Best Friend