Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 21, 2010
Today's playlist, sent in by Neon_POP, is for all you Rock Star Goddesses out there! "Love/Hate Heartbreak" by Halestorm "Weight of the World" by Evanescence "Born for This" by Paramore "Again" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Flyergirl13 Tells You How...To Procrastinate Effectively

By ContributorDecember 21, 2010
flyergirl13 is a master of procrastination—and you can be too!—Sparkitors Procrastination is a fact of life. It's like secretly snacking on chocolate chips—we all do it, but no one will admit it. Procrastination is going to happen, no matter... More  →
Flyergirl13 Tells You How...To Procrastinate Effectively

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 21, 2010
You know those jokes that make you want to cry because they're so terrible? Those ones your grandpa tells you when you go over to his house at Christmas every single year? Well, thanks to today's pick, you can tell your own! So go on,... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 21

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 21, 2010
so-she-said sent us this adorable and/or vaguely terrifying sketch with the following caption: This is a beautiful artistic rendering of the lovable (and by lovable, I mean annoying) SparkLife/Open Thread gremlins! All we can say is that if we had to choose... More  →
Open Thread for December 21

15 Reasons Exams Are AWESOME!

By ContributorDecember 20, 2010
Apocalyn87, designer of the official SparkLife flag, is looking at the bright side, even if the bright side is just a bunch of fluorescent lights with dead flies in them. —Sparkitors I completely agree with the following statement: Exams are awful. That's the social... More  →
15 Reasons Exams Are AWESOME!

NBK in Alberta: On the Pool Prowl

When we left off last week, LunarCircus had just spotted a dreamboat across the room. Find out what happened next in this week's installment of NBK in Alberta! —Sparkitors So where was I? *puts down quadruple-fudge brownie* ...Oh yeah! There I was, sitting in... More  →
NBK in Alberta: On the Pool Prowl

Auntie SparkNotes: Crossing a Line

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 20, 2010
Hey Auntie, I have a problem with a "friend" (notice the quotes). Lets call her Jenna. You see, it all started in 3rd grade. Jenna and I were on the same bus, and we were friends. In 4th grade, I started to dislike her (she... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Crossing a Line

What Your Favorite Emoticon Says About You

prolife795 is about to predict your personality based on your favorite texting symbol. It's like science, only way, way more fun.—Sparkitors I’ve seen a lot of  “What Your Favorite___ Says About You” posts on SparkLife recently, and I wondered... More  →
What Your Favorite Emoticon Says About You

How Not To Make Small Talk

By Lucy HutchinsonDecember 20, 2010
Making small talk with strangers is like eating a whole chili pepper—either you can do it, or you can't. If you can, you're an instant hit at parties. If you can't, you find yourself alone in the kitchen chugging milk straight from the bottle, wiping... More  →
How Not To Make Small Talk

Naming My Laptop

When it comes time for us to name our future kids, we're definitely going to refer to RabidWrackspurt's list of options.—Sparkitors One day, as I was slow-roasting a Sarlacc over... More  →
Naming My Laptop