Search Menu
Menu

SparkNotes and DoSomething.org Bring You... Teens for Jeans!

By Emily WinterJanuary 9, 2012
Did your New Year's Resolution have something to do with Being a Better Person? Ehem, ours too. So this year, we've become buds with the awesome people (seriously, each one of them has the cutest haircut we've ever seen) at dosomething.org. From the moment we... More  →
SparkNotes and DoSomething.org Bring You... Teens for Jeans!

Auntie SparkNotes: It's Scary Out There

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 9, 2012
Dearest Auntie, I really hope that you can perhaps offer me some wisdom (and maybe even some courage!). I hate being alone. Not the socially/friend-wise alone, but the out-in-the-parking-lot-at-night or walking-down-the-street alone. Really, being alone scares me and whereever I go, I always make sure to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: It's Scary Out There

Bored Over Break? Start a Wolf Band (and Other Options)

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 9, 2012
The holidays are over, no one's giving you stuff anymore, it's cold for some people (others might not necessarily have this issue, but you know … surfing … is … hard.) Anyway, regardless of where you live, it's a long, winding road back to school. You have... More  →
Bored Over Break? Start a Wolf Band (and Other Options)

The Curse of the Name Cycle

By ContributorJanuary 9, 2012
We wonder what Beyonce and Jay-Z's new baby Blue Ivy would think about Shadow_of_Belladonna's post; is she yet another victim of the name cycle?...—Sparkitors It’s an endless spinning vortex of hatred for the name you are given. It’s passed down through generation after... More  →
The Curse of the Name Cycle

Apps to Make Us Better People in 2012

By ShivJanuary 9, 2012
Why do all the heavy lifting of New Year’s resolutions ourselves? These apps will help you become more healthy, efficient, and intelligent over the course of the next year. Goal #1: Get Organized CleanGenius Free (Mac App Store) Free: This app sorts through all the... More  →
Apps to Make Us Better People in 2012

The I'm Still in Love With You Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 9, 2012
Sometimes, things aren't mutual. Especially breakups, which are rarely mutual (despite what your best friend told you about her latest split). Luckily, we've got RugbyBabe8 to give us a playlist to get through. Enjoy! "Campus" by Vampire Weekend "Forget You" by... More  →
The I'm Still in Love With You Playlist

Open Thread for January 9

By SparkLifeJanuary 9, 2012
YES, Sparklers, we are well aware that it is no longer Christmas, but we couldn't bear deleting this picture, created by Kelsey. Just LOOK at the artistry on display here! Kelsey, you are a wizard. How did you put Gary in CLOTHES? Here's what... More  →
Open Thread for January 9

Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing TOGETHER

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 6, 2012
Okay, so I know it's not New Year's Eve anymore, but STILL. How can you resist watching JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT? Singing?! Oh, and Zooey Deschanel. She's cool too. Feel free to thank Splogger Aislinn Shevlin and Sparklers Iliana11 and... More  →
Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing TOGETHER

Face Contouring with Lucero!

By ContributorJanuary 6, 2012
Ever wonder how to get defined cheekbones without looking like a creepy skeleton clown lady? The lovely Lucero's got the tutorial for you! —Sparkitors Loading the player ... jwplayer("lucerovid").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', ... More  →
Face Contouring with Lucero!

Dear Albert: Shades of Gray

By Emily WinterJanuary 6, 2012
A half hour ago I was thinking about putting my own slimy tongue in Anna Ingram’s mouth to express my affection. Now that just seems like some bizarre contrived ritual—foreign, creepy, meaningless. Because now, right now, in this hospital waiting room, I’m wondering whether my... More  →
Dear Albert: Shades of Gray