Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 31, 2010
It is very, very possible that you guys will find today's (last 2010) pick incredibly dumb, but that's okay. Why am I putting it up? Because I just have one question: Why did she record this video two and a half years early? Yup, that's right,... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

What To Do if You Don't Have a New Year's Kiss

By Melissa AlbertDecember 31, 2010
Maybe you're totally in lurve and have had your New Year's kiss lined up for the past five months. Or maybe you just bought extremely effective lip gloss and figure you've got the kiss situation under control. Or, just maybe, you think the midnight... More  →
What To Do if You Don't Have a New Year's Kiss

Open Thread for December 31

By Emily WinterDecember 31, 2010
Here at SparkLife, we don't end the year with a bang, but with a ZING. (Apricotshorts sent this pic because "zing" is  Coffinmaker's favorite word from his Blogging Wuthering Heights series.) Have a very zing-y New Year's Eve!... More  →
Open Thread for December 31

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 28

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 30, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Future Better Title: They Grow Up So Fas…Oh, She's Dead Already. Let's back up a bit and cover some of the story from the previous chapter that I glossed over in my Christmas Poem. (It was too hard to rhyme "South America"... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 28

Thrifted Thursday: Ring In the New Year With Vintage!

By ApneetDecember 30, 2010
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday break! I'm spending my time thrifting and enjoying the beautiful weather in California. And since I'm away from the studio, my friend Kayvon and I decided to take advantage of the forgiving temperatures and collaborate on an... More  →
Thrifted Thursday: Ring In the New Year With Vintage!

Auntie SparkNotes: My Best Friend's Boy

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 30, 2010
Dear Auntie, How's it going? Hopefully this will be a simple question to answer. It's not really a life-or-death problem, but it's causing a bit of awkwardness for me. You see, one of my friends is in an extremely happy relationship with this guy. They're adorable,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Best Friend's Boy

The Sacred Art Of Avoiding Awkward Silences

By ContributorDecember 30, 2010
supercazzz has got the smarts to get you through even the worst awkward moments.—Sparkitors Awkward silences happen to me a lot; I can't seem to avoid them. Take, for example, the time when my bestie Harry inadvertently asked me... More  →
The Sacred Art Of Avoiding Awkward Silences

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Theme Parties!

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from studying at a state university, it’s that people love a good theme party. My Monday morning brunches are often filled with friends’ tales of creative costumes. At college, there seem to be certain, standard, go-to themes—think Toga Party... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Theme Parties!

MaxVZ Takes on Harry Potter, Evolution

MaxVZ pops in to make our brains melt with science. —Sparkitors It recently occurred to me that the Harry Potter world demonstrates evolution. In the Harry Potter universe, humanity is trending towards wizards and eventually regular, non-magical humans will be wiped out entirely by... More  →
MaxVZ Takes on Harry Potter, Evolution

How to Deal with Evil Teachers

There's no better way to prepare for the new year than with Aisling_Queen_of_Sarcasm's guide to handling the inevitable—horrible teachers. —Sparkitors Silence engulfs the classroom. The seconds tick by with a torturous slowness. Sweat gathers over your brows. Your fingers twitch with nervous anticipation. Suddenly, there... More  →
How to Deal with Evil Teachers