Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for November 2

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 2, 2011
KTkat2416 says, "This happy guy is a coyote pup named Wiley that I and Mrdylansharp spent half the summer with. He's quite the escape artist, hence the name, and he is ALWAYS happy (unless you thwart his escape attempts)." We have just one... More  →
Open Thread for November 2

Auntie SparkNotes: Time To Talk

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 1, 2011
Dear Auntie, For the past three months, I’ve been dating a boy—let’s call him Steve. Steve and I have known each other for years, but only recently have we shared our mutual attraction. But I think we may have a slight problem: we don’t talk. Steve... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Time To Talk

Canvassing "Canvas" Style

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 1, 2011
This year, as I do most every year, I vowed to resist the siren song of New Fall Fashion. I vowed to avoid the mall; I swore off online shopping; I even told myself that this year's newly-minted trends were unspeakably lame and that I... More  →
Canvassing "Canvas" Style

How To Stay Fit When It Gets Cold

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 1, 2011
It's pretty easy to stay in shape in the summer, when the weather is warm, the sun is beaming down all bright and cheerful, and animals are frolicking around through the meadows, spontaneously making out with each other. Then the weather ... More  →
How To Stay Fit When It Gets Cold

Noveling Should Be a Verb

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 1, 2011
As you're starting NaNoWriMo (or just, you know, writing), give a listen to willwriteforhearts's playlist. This is the stuff that she plays while she's writing her current novel. What do you listen to when you're musing? “Misguided Ghosts”... More  →
Noveling Should Be a Verb

Becalm Yourselves, Butts: Writer Wars Is Back!

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 1, 2011
HULLO, DEAR DWEEBS. I'm deeply sorry I missed last week, but I was galavanting around LONDON on the most exciting business trip ever. I'm sure my absence was a constant source of pain—you're probably horribly dehydrated from all the dry, racking sobs—and for that, I... More  →
Becalm Yourselves, Butts: Writer Wars Is Back!

Ask a Teacher: Does It Bother You When a Student Argues About a Grade?

By Mr. TocheNovember 1, 2011
Q: Does it bother you when a student argues about a grade? A: It depends. Naturally, no one is perfect, and teachers make mistakes while grading. I've made them, for sure. When that happens, I don't have any problem with someone pointing it out. I don't have... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Does It Bother You When a Student Argues About a Grade?

Metalhead's 1/8th Date!

By ContributorNovember 1, 2011
Metalhead865 has a VERY EXCITING update—but we don't want to spoil anything, so you'll have to read it for yourself!—Sparkitors WHATUP y'all! So last weekend, I did a few things. Let's see. I... -finished recording my album -saw Paycheck -took Jacqueline out to... More  →
Metalhead's 1/8th Date!

Lessons from Santa: What You Can Tell About a Kid By His Penmanship

By Lauren PassellNovember 1, 2011
Every year Santa gets millions of letters from kids with their Christmas demands. This does a few things: it stresses him out, makes him realize how greedy the human race is, and automatically turns him into a handwriting expert. Here are a few things that... More  →
Lessons from Santa: What You Can Tell About a Kid By His Penmanship

Day-to-Night Beauty with Apneet!

By ApneetNovember 1, 2011
In this slideshow, you'll get the lowdown on makeup and hairstyles that'll give you that coveted "effortlessly gorgeous" look, whether you're wheezing your way through gym class or out on a glamorous date! So get out your mascara and get ready to put your best face forward! More  →
Day-to-Night Beauty with Apneet!