Skip over navigation

Five Movie Genres You Should Never Watch Before Going On a First Date

By Rachel KorowitzMay 17, 2010
After weeks of banter and flexting, tonight’s your first squee!-it’s-a-real-date date. As you count down the hours to Cuddlefest 2010, a movie seems like a no-brainer. Watching your favorite DVD is the perfect pre-date activity; it's soothing…relaxing…calm-down-ing, right? Wrong! The flick you watch before your hangout... More  →
Five Movie Genres You Should Never Watch Before Going On a First Date

My Crush Is a Wrestler

By ContributorMay 17, 2010
straight_edge_society is going to get us in big trouble. We're pretty sure our boss saw us clicking the links below, and probably thinks we're just trolling the internet for hot bods all day. We're working, dude! Really! —Sparkitors I have to admit, I love... More  →
My Crush Is a Wrestler

The Hit List: B.o.B

Sparkler Pookfalicious has converted us: we're officially B.o.B fans, and we think you will be too. In fact, we dare you not to like him. Actually, we triple-dog-dare you. Whatcha gonna do now? —SparkNotes editors ... More  →
The Hit List: B.o.B

Last Chance to Vote for Your Favorites!

By EmmaMay 17, 2010
Urgent news: voting in the 2nd Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards ends at midnight EST. That means you have just a few hours to click frantically on your favorite nominees, sending them hurtling through cyberspace toward the glorious prize of $500 and two season passes... More  →
Last Chance to Vote for Your Favorites!

www.AmazingGossip.omg

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 17, 2010
Every couple of years, there is an alarming warning that the Internetz are about to run out of domain names. We won't get into the technical aspects of the issue (because we don't understand them), but we're told the current system only allows... More  →
www.AmazingGossip.omg

Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Not Anorexic, I Just Never Eat

By kat_rosenfieldMay 17, 2010
Is it okay to be scared of obesity and paranoid about foo—whoops, sorry, gotta go, the delivery guy is at the door with fries and a cheeseburger. —Sparkitors Hi, Auntie! I have a question. Can you have an eating disorder in a good way? Because apparently, I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Not Anorexic, I Just Never Eat

Native Species in the Exam Room

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 17, 2010
The exam room is a freaky micro-environment in the high school jungle. It has a peculiar climate—cold, yet somehow sweaty—a distinct miasma of old basketballs, and a vast array of native species: The Nervous Gnawer. This kid is freaking out. He's so nervous that he spelled... More  →
Native Species in the Exam Room

Rebel's Favorite "Educational" Movies

rebel_of_nowhere, do you have any recommendations for a movie about a group of goofy writers who get stranded on a chic-but-overpriced island and must start a funny blog for teenagers? Cuz... —SparkNotes editors Here's the scenario: It’s Friday afternoon, your brain is running on... More  →
Rebel's Favorite

A Day in the Life of a Middle School International Student in China

We think NatalieT is an exceptionally good writer, especially for an 8th grader! —SparkNotes editors I just finished reading about Ayelet1990's day. Like her, I'm an international school student. But unlike her, I'm in 8th grade. Here's a taste of what my... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Middle School International Student in China

Life According to Ginger: Uvulas, Crayons, and Redheads

Hey Sparklers, I'm your new... weekly blogger? Mildly funny article-writer? Best friend/hero? Never mind, I don't know what I am. I'll just get right into it. You probably don't know me. Which is pretty much the point, but I'll give you a bit to go... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Uvulas, Crayons, and Redheads