Search Menu
Menu

Blogging Torchwood: Episode 3

By Lucy HutchinsonSeptember 7, 2011
Episode 3: The Ghost Machine Out of all the Torchwood episodes I've seen so far, this one was my third-favorite. I just didn't get into it like the first two. But it had some redeeming features, like the fact that I only wanted to kick Owen... More  →
Blogging Torchwood: Episode 3

Ocean Views and Stylish Shoes: Pretty Standard for College in Canada

By ContributorSeptember 7, 2011
LadyM finally arrives at her university in Nova Scotia after a hectic week of packing and goodbyes!—Sparkitors This past week has been a rush. After months and months of waiting, I am finally here, in my wonderful (but weird-smelling) postage... More  →
Ocean Views and Stylish Shoes: Pretty Standard for College in Canada

Ask a Teacher: Can You Tell When Students Have Crushes on Each Other?

By Mr. TocheSeptember 7, 2011
Q: Can teachers tell when students have crushes on each other? A: Now this is an interesting question for several reasons. First, it's not as if the interactions that go on in classrooms are completely unlike interactions in other social settings. Yes, you're not always sitting... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Can You Tell When Students Have Crushes on Each Other?

Open Thread for September 7

By SparkLifeSeptember 7, 2011
We are amazed by travelwriter21's creation for a bunch of reasons. Just read: Hi Sparkitors! I made this wonderful creation out of bendy wax sticks during AP  Statistics last year. And I still got a 4 on the test! It  symbolizes... um... man's inhumanity... More  →
Open Thread for September 7

Before and After Braces, Part 2

By EmmaSeptember 6, 2011
This is Janice, photographed by her "beautiful best friend Caroline." Janice says, "I had braces on for one year, and every month for a week, I would whine about how much my teeth hurt after my dentist straightened them." More  →
Before and After Braces, Part 2

You Guys Are the Future Leaders of America(n Dairy Farming)

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 6, 2011
Brace yourselves: you're all about to get a laudatory smack right on your overachieving foreheads (it's like a high-five, but more painful). Why? Because you butts are genetically incapable of doing the bare minimum (and that makes the rest of us look bad). Case in... More  →
You Guys Are the Future Leaders of America(n Dairy Farming)

College Admissions Book Giveaway!

By Miss MarmSeptember 6, 2011
Lillian Luterman and Jennifer Bloom (they're a mother-daughter team!) have been helping kids apply to college for 20 years, and now they've published a book called In! College Admissions and Beyond (check out the FB page here), which argues something surprising: It's the well-rounded... More  →
College Admissions Book Giveaway!

Life According to the Ladies Man

By ContributorSeptember 6, 2011
TanTantheLadiesMan has it all figured out. He's like a teenage, metaphor-obsessed version of Gandhi.—Sparkitors I like lists. I like them so much that I'm tempted to give you a list of why I like lists, but I think that’d be overkill. I make... More  →
 Life According to the Ladies Man

Auntie SparkNotes: A Sick Mind

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 6, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have a pretty serious dilemma. I'm about to be a senior in high school, and for the past 5 years I've been dealing with a serious mental illness. As a result, my grades are terrible. We're talking, <2.0 terrible. I have good test... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Sick Mind

Fort Eating

By ContributorSeptember 6, 2011
In newyorkmabbie's last post, her actor Mr. Lifty ditched her at the read-through. Is he about to do that again? —Sparkitors I woke up this morning thinking about my film and scheduling and my first post. I feel a bit bad about... More  →
Fort Eating