Skip over navigation

Committee of Cool: Art vs. Science vs. DAN BERGSTEIN

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 24, 2010
Guys. Guys. Guys. YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. Actually, if you can read, and you read the title of this post, you probably can. BUT DO WE CARE? Negatory. Because what's about to happen is so explosive, so controversial, so unprecedented,... More  →
Committee of Cool: Art vs. Science vs. DAN BERGSTEIN

How to Live on the Edge: End of Summer Edition

By ContributorAugust 24, 2010
HarryPotterLoverGrL is XTREME. We're just glad she doesn't go to our pool. We chicken out at the high dive every time. —Sparkitors So you want to be a summer daredevil, eh? You actually want to be known for awesomesauce summer adventures? OF COURSE YOU DO. You... More  →
How to Live on the Edge: End of Summer Edition

The Hit List: Mumford & Sons

Thanks for introducing us to this amazing group, Emmererr! We're pretty much obsessed.—Sparkitors After reading several posts in the Hit List series, I started pondering which British band I should introduce to the... More  →
The Hit List: Mumford & Sons

How to Be Awesome: Road Trip Edition

jgrudzy is so awesome, she'll probably get kicked out of college. Just kidding!!! —Sparkitors I am almost certain that road trips are essential to being awesome. Luckily, I was raised on road trips and am therefore inherently awesome. Since you may not have had... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Road Trip Edition

Auntie SparkNotes: Flakey Teaserpants

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 24, 2010
Auntie's advice on this issue is so good, it makes us want to eat an ice cream sundae. Well, we wanted to do that anyway, but you get the idea.—Sparkitors Hey Auntie, I've really liked this girl for several months. I'm pretty sure that she knows I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Flakey Teaserpants

Diary of a High School Freshman: Orientation Day

GirlWhoWrites just had her freshman orientation, and like most high school orientations, it was creepy and slightly terrifying. —Sparkitors Dear Diary, Freshman orientation was exciting. And by "exciting," I mean "pointless," "awkward," and "bizarre." Don't get me wrong, it's totally normal to force freshman to sing "Old... More  →
Diary of a High School Freshman: Orientation Day

What It's Like to Live In...Milpitas, CA

Everything about Milpitas sounds awesome—esepcially the animal fries! Thanks, Pygoscelis!—Sparkitors When most people think of California, they probably think about A) glorious, sunny beaches teeming with blond, tan surfers, or B) the fog-shrouded Golden Gate... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Milpitas, CA

How To Bounce Back When Someone Hurts Your Feelings

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 24, 2010
So you're walking down the hall, minding your own business, and some random person is all, "Ha ha, nice face, dude!" and you flush with embarrassment. Or perhaps you're waiting at the bus stop with your Biology presentation, which you worked super hard on, and... More  →
How To Bounce Back When Someone Hurts Your Feelings

Open Thread for August 24

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 24, 2010
This awww-inspiring, absolutely adorable ball of fur was brought to you by eyeyeyepatch, who wrote: This is my cat, Bogey, and my dog, Teddy.  Sadly, Teddy had to be put down in July, but when he was around these two used to curl up... More  →
Open Thread for August 24

The Loser's Guide to BAMing

By ContributorAugust 23, 2010
Here's hoping you get your BAM soon, LaGitanaRoja!—Sparkitors Here at SparkLife, the most exciting occurrence (aside from a new Blogging Twilight post or the Friday Awards) is a BAM. If you’ve been on an Open... More  →
The Loser's Guide to BAMing