Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for August 16

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 16, 2011
We'll let whichwitchiswhich? do the explicatin': The title of this masterpiece is "Back For Another Year at Hogwarts" and it features Harry Potter as a middle-aged man in too-small robes and a hairy chest. He bought another owl and named her... More  →
Open Thread for August 16

Back at School, and I Have a Single!

By ContributorAugust 15, 2011
One of the best feelings in the world is catching yourself smiling. This has happened to me all day today; I'm back at school! Even though I'm here really early for the tennis season, there are still a bunch of my friends around campus. I... More  →
Back at School, and I Have a Single!

What Your Toothbrush Says About You

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 15, 2011
We already explored what your toothpaste brand says about you. (It says that you have stinky breath after you eat burritos and that you cry at ASPCA commercials.) Now we are turning our superior senses of perception on your toothbrush. Little... More  →
What Your Toothbrush Says About You

Auntie SparkNotes Has The Best Update of All Time

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 15, 2011
Here at the secret underground lair of Auntie SparkNotes, we always love to get followup notes from letter-writers past with exciting, fun-filled, heart-warming updates—and since the beginning of this column, we've heard back with good news about the outcomes of everything from bad breakups and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes Has The Best Update of All Time

Help This Sparkler Edit Her College Essay!

sumrsilentmusic wants you to help her with her college essay! We've left it unedited so you can see exactly what she's working with. (Of course, Being Anne Adult might just call us "lazy.") —Sparkitors I'm thinking about using the following as my Common... More  →
Help This Sparkler Edit Her College Essay!

Chat With Dan on THURSDAY!

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 15, 2011

For the record, Dan Bergstein Week here at SparkNotes was not my idea. I suggested Dan Bergstein Month (e.g. Danuary, Darch, or Octobergstein), but my editor only allowed one week of fun, and fun we shall have. Five days from now, when it’s all over,

... More  →
Chat With Dan on THURSDAY!

How to React When Your Sibling Becomes a Sparkler

crimsonandclover23, we want a sequel to this post about how to cope when your little sister becomes a SPLOGGER. —Sparkitors You’re minding your own business, perhaps staring down the veritable mountain of summer homework that threatens to eat... More  →
How to React When Your Sibling Becomes a Sparkler

A Very Potter Musical is Over Forever

PrestigiousTimeLady finishes her epically hilarious review of A Very Potter Musical and FINALLY convinces Darren Criss to marry her. (We may have embellished that last part a bit.)—Sparkitors Welcome, Sparklers, one and all, to a verrry special debut of Mr. Manatee’s Marvelous Merchandi—wait, WHAT!? Sparklers,... More  →
A Very Potter Musical is Over Forever

The Horror That Is House Bergstein

Maura44 is about to launch the funniest argument ever against the proud House of Berg. We gotta say, Dan: she makes some valid points, especially about the dolphins.—Sparkitors

Dear Dan,

Congrats on obtaining your own Hogwarts House! Yes, I entered the... More  →
The Horror That Is House Bergstein

Camp Electric: The Final Chapter!

Metalhead865's time at his awesome summer camp comes to an end; was it everything he hoped it would be? (PS. That's him in the pic! Doesn't he look like a total rock star?)—Sparkitors Day 4 (July 20) Time: 5:34 PM (Central) Location: Concert hall Mood: Bring it!!! So... More  →
Camp Electric: The Final Chapter!