Search Menu
Menu

New Crop of Parents Headed to Parent Jail

By EmmaDecember 14, 2011
What would you do if your mom gave you a potato for Christmas? We would throw a nuclear-grade, weeping, teeth-gnashing fit. These kids are way more mature than your Sparkitors. See? They only cry and stomp a little! Would you melt down if your parents gave you these... More  →
New Crop of Parents Headed to Parent Jail

Dear Albert: The Lock-In

By Emily WinterDecember 14, 2011
Me and Gil have to walk across the street to get to the gym, where the lock-in is already underway. If you saw our gym, you would understand why football star Jeff Wellstone didn’t get in trouble for throwing a stapler at my head and leaving... More  →
Dear Albert: The Lock-In

How to Host a Writing Marathon!

By ContributorDecember 14, 2011
litchick1984 has the perfect plan to get you into the teachers' lounge—and all you need is a pencil and paper!–Sparkitors If you've never taken a creative writing class, I strongly urge you to do so. You get to write... More  →
How to Host a Writing Marathon!

A Guide to Dressing up for the Hobbit Premiere

PseudoHobbit gives all you musicians an excuse to fiiinally bring your instrument to a movie theater. Anyone who happens to have a long beard, you will also be. —Sparkitors With the first Hobbit movie coming out in just over a year, we’ve... More  →
A Guide to Dressing up for the Hobbit Premiere

6 Questions About Your Christmas

By EmmaDecember 14, 2011
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, no doy. Candy canes, lights, White Christmas starring Bing Crosby, eggnog, carols: we could go on. But enough about us; let's talk about YOU and your Christmas rituals! 1. How did you find out about (SPOILER... More  →
6 Questions About Your Christmas

The Recipe for a Perfect College Essay (It Involves Nachos)

'olwhatshername follows up her first college admissions post with another handy guide!—Sparkitors Here you go, Sparklers, the recipe for the perfect college essay: Step 1: Buy Nachos Step 2: Read below This week’s article is brought to you courtesy of my culture shock after watching... More  →
The Recipe for a Perfect College Essay (It Involves Nachos)

Sorry, Sparklers: Apology Time is Officially OVER

Sunnyskies92, thank you for giving us a reason to employ one of our all-time favorite phrases: Sorry we're NOT SORRY.—Sparkitors To all of my fellow females: do you ever find that “sorry” is on your top-ten-list-of-most-used-words of all time? I sure do. I... More  →
Sorry, Sparklers: Apology Time is Officially OVER

DIY Holiday Presents for the Financially Challenged

By Lucy HutchinsonDecember 14, 2011
Are you broke? Of course you are. Gifts are going to be tricky this year, because you can't actually afford to buy everyone a nice DVD and some socks, but you have reached the age when a gift of handprints in clay is not as... More  →
DIY Holiday Presents for the Financially Challenged

Open Thread for December 14

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 14, 2011
Pistaciosaregreat had a sheep randomly come stand outside her window. Is anyone else jealous? Also, does anyone else think the sheep could be a secret government spy in disguise? No? ... More  →
Open Thread for December 14

Cute Gifts For Your Significant Other

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 13, 2011
When you're in a relationship, giving gifts can be stressful. Keep things calm and casual by opting for cute presents. Don't fret if you've already purchased a humdrum present, like a gift card; simply add some personality by delivering that it via baby sloth (available at m More  →
Cute Gifts For Your Significant Other