Skip over navigation

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 1

By ContributorJune 11, 2010
Coffinmaker is blogging Bella's favorite book. Will he love it? Let's find out! —Sparkitors To my utmost delight, I will be writing a weekly column wherein I shall relate my experience reading the ancient hallmark of Victorian literature, Wuthering Heights. This discourse,... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 1

8 Reasons to Buy a Floor Scooter

By Dan_BergsteinJune 11, 2010
After taking an informal poll on Facebook, I've learned that many of you have experienced the fun of scooter relay races in gym class. These races aren't done on traditional scooters, but on these. Think of a pizza box crossed with a... More  →
8 Reasons to Buy a Floor Scooter

A Guy’s Guide To Girls

Editing this post by MaxVZ made us snort LOL and smile for 20 minutes. —Sparkitors In my short time on SparkNotes, I’ve noticed that the site’s membership definitely skews toward female. I see a lot of articles and advice columns and whatnot about flirting... More  →
A Guy’s Guide To Girls

7 Ways to Make Guys Dump You

We'll take a number 7 with a side of fries. Thanks for more great advice, jtjuvenile. —Sparkitors You don’t like him. You have tried to hint gently, to slowly ease him toward the truth about how you feel. But it’s not working. He still... More  →
7 Ways to Make Guys Dump You

Sleeping Positions on Planes

By Robert IsenbergJune 11, 2010
Long drives are tough, but long flights are just cruel. The limited leg room. The way the seat tilts back not... quite... far... enough. And every time you're about to nod off, there's the flight attendant with a microwaved side of beef and some soggy... More  →
Sleeping Positions on Planes

Open Thread for June 11

By Emily WinterJune 11, 2010
cookieater27 says: These are my new kittens that i just got the other day!!! from left to right: Muffin, Dwight, Stephenie (who was originally named Steve buuuuuuuuuuuuut it happened to be a girl). The other kitten "Dinner" is not shown because he is very timid. We love that you have a cat... More  →
Open Thread for June 11

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: The Notebook

By Dan_BergsteinJune 10, 2010
Welcome to round three of the SparkNotes Movie Club. Each month, we pick a film and watch it together live on Facebook and Twitter. Then I come back at the end of the month to discuss and fight about the... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: The Notebook

What the Bugs Are Thinking

By Robert IsenbergJune 10, 2010
Bees: Hum, hum, hmmm... OOH! IT'S A PERSON! Let's hover near her ear, until she notices us. Hello? AHHH! SHE'S SWATTING! MAYDAY, MAYDAY! Whew, that was close. Okay, let's hover just a little farther away, so it looks like I'm leaving. Now she's relaxing... she's... More  →
What the Bugs Are Thinking

Playlist: Top 10 Most Wanted Songs

By ContributorJune 10, 2010

OhSweetCheez sent us this awesome playlist, and we just HAD to publish it. Come on: there are llamas involved!—Sparkitors

These are my top 10 most wanted songs at the moment. I rated them on a... More  →
Playlist: Top 10 Most Wanted Songs

How To Make A Basement Date Romantic

By Rachel KorowitzJune 10, 2010
Listen to Rachel when she tells you about uncolored Christmas lights. Really. —Sparkitors You sucked it up, asked out your crush, and made your parents swear to be as unobtrusive as possible. But now the big night's approaching, and you're kind of...stuck. After all, you guys... More  →
How To Make A Basement Date Romantic