Menu

What Your Swimming Stroke Says About You

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 27, 2011
Us humans are not meant to spend long periods of time in large bodies of water: It is cold and wet and it gets hard to breathe, and other things with sharp teeth and gills that live there get upset at our presence. Yet during... More  →
What Your Swimming Stroke Says About You

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

By ContributorJune 27, 2011
Lonks is 40% done with her goal of 100 books—and she's finally reviewing her first ZOMBIE novel!—Sparkitors Book #40: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War Author: Max Brooks Reason for Reading: My older brother gave me this book a couple weeks... More  →
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Open Thread for June 27

By SparkLifeJune 27, 2011
Hilarious Sparkler aleyna22 sent in this pic of her and her pal jazzyjuicebox94 in front of a very scary locker in their school. We feel a horror movie coming on.... More  →
Open Thread for June 27

Open Thread for June 26

By SparkLifeJune 26, 2011
What better way to end Crush Week than with AP-GAL-909's masterpiece? She says it represents "me and my crush if we actually got together—in a metaphorical sense, of course." Of course! :-)... More  →
Open Thread for June 26

Open Thread for June 25

By SparkLifeJune 25, 2011
You guyzzz, it is the birthday of our very own CHELSEA DAGGER!!!!! We wish her a day full of meatballs, sunshine, and Yankee butts (she's going to the game, if you want to stalk her)! ... More  →
Open Thread for June 25

Auntie SparkNotes: FWB! But NWTG.

By kat_rosenfieldJune 24, 2011
Hey Auntie, I broke up with my longtime BF of 6 months a few weeks ago. I still love him, but broke up with him because I was convinced he was bored with me and that after losing me he would have a total 180 revelation... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: FWB! But NWTG.

My Crush, Boy Genius

By ContributorJune 24, 2011
Albrolengarn has learned that being a nerdy, awkward dork is pretty much the same as being a stone-cold fox. The only difference? CONFIDENCE.—Sparkitors We all feel foolish around our crushes; ask any scientist, and she'll tell you it's a... More  →
My Crush, Boy Genius

How To Defeat An Obsessive, Potentially Lethal Crush

NinjaRadishes tells you how to dismantle an obsessive crush (it's a lot like dismantling a bomb).—Sparkitors Picture it: I’m sitting on the floor in my room, wedged between my stereo and my bed, surfing the cool waves... More  →
How To Defeat An Obsessive, Potentially Lethal Crush

Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 6

By Dan_BergsteinJune 24, 2011
Chapter Sixteen: The Chamber of Secrets Better Title: Maybe it's the Aurors Day Off Where are the Aurors? I don't see them. Perhaps they're hiding in the Room of Obvious Solutions. Maybe they're busy fighting Joey-demort, Voldemort's obnoxious American cousin. I bet the leader of the Aurors... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Part 6

How To Approach Your Crush and Not Freak Him Out

CJ's got some good advice. Do you have the guts to try it? —Sparkitors So, I've been reading a lot of these crush posts, and nobody really seems to point out the right way to talk to their crushes without freaking them, or getting... More  →
How To Approach Your Crush and Not Freak Him Out