Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a High School Sorority Rushee

By ContributorSeptember 8, 2010
oliveoil5047, where do you live?!?! —Sparkitors Where I come from, sororities aren’t just a college thing; they’ve invaded our high schools, too. We have two sororities, and neither of them have cool Greek names like Alpha Theta Awesome, or Phi Beta Dagger; they're Sub... More  →
A Day in the Life of a High School Sorority Rushee

Hairstyles of Horror

You may know faith_in_absence from her series Never Been Kissed, but today she's here to talk hair! —Sparkitors Unfortunately, I have a horrible track record of making stupid hair decisions before the first day of school. And, of course, my yearbook pictures... More  →
Hairstyles of Horror

To Date Or Not To Date, That Is The Question

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 8, 2010
Maybe your new crush is your shop-class partner. Maybe it’s the patchouli-scented dude who sells gently-used Girl Scout cookies in the school parking lot. Maybe it's your cousin (it REALLY shouldn't be your cousin, though). Whoever he or she might be, you should always consider... More  →
To Date Or Not To Date, That Is The Question

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1B

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
Congratulations *opens the envelope* lleya for winning the very first round of our SparkNotes flag contest! This flag will move on to round 2, which will begin whenever we finish round 1, which will be... we don't know. If you have no idea... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1B

The Ellie Report: How to Save Face When The Teacher Catches You Daydreaming

Ellielikespie, we much prefer your analysis of Lord of the Flies to any other analysis ever written, even by us. —Sparkitors It's 1:30 pm and your teacher is droning on and on about something, but you only catch the... More  →
The Ellie Report: How to Save Face When The Teacher Catches You Daydreaming

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 2

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
You may not know about The SparkNotes Teen Novel Awards, so I'll tell you. Every month, I bestow a burrito-sized-and-shaped award upon my mouth for reading more teen novels than any other non-teen in the universe ever, weather permitting. But now I have to read Pride... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 2

20 Reasons to Be Psyched About Going Back to School

By Lauren PassellSeptember 8, 2010
Sleeping until noon on a Thursday is great, summer jobs rock, and we love popsicles as much as the next guy, but around this time of year, we start asking ourselves: when will this madness end?! We're starting to sweat sunscreen, and wait a secondMore  →
20 Reasons to Be Psyched About Going Back to School

In Defense of Generic Snacks

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 8, 2010
As the economy struggles to come back to life, we all must watch our wallets, and one way to save some cash is chowing down on budget-priced foodstuffs. Sure, these products are about as glamorous as Snooki’s mug shot, but once you get... More  →
In Defense of Generic Snacks

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 8, 2010
Unbeknownst to Chelsea Dagger (as many, many things are), last week's video had already been posted as an Awesome Thing. Un-unbeknownst to Chelsea Dagger, however, is a very interesting fact: last time around, the phenomenal Animator vs. Animation averaged a score... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: No Blood? No Pain? No Regrets? No Problem.

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 8, 2010
Something IS wrong with you, Sparkler: you're entirely too well-adjusted. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, This question may come off a little odd but I need someone to answer it. It's about sex. (cue the gasping audience and awkward turtles). I've been with my boyfriend for five months now... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No Blood? No Pain? No Regrets? No Problem.