Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: What Is Your Budget as a Teacher?

By Mr. JungDecember 12, 2011
Q: What are your resources/budget as a teacher? Are you sometimes stuck using textbooks you hate? A: I believe I can answer the first question pretty quickly: aside from a copy budget that, at best, lasts the first two weeks of class, the sole resources I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Is Your Budget as a Teacher?

9 Reasons to Love Skinny Books

By ContributorDecember 12, 2011
ninjababy is a book sizist, and proud of it! —Sparkitors Some book snobs love to brag about reading big fat tomes. But in the time it takes them to finish War and Peace, we skinny book fans have read ten novels. Our street cred... More  →
9 Reasons to Love Skinny Books

5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Cheeto_rings might be the only person we know who didn't LOVE this book. Will her reasoning change your mind, or will you defend Katniss to the death?—Sparkitors At the urging of my sister and my friends, I recently read The Hunger Games—and I've got... More  →
5 Reasons The Hunger Games Doesn't Live Up to the Hype

Dubstep: The More You Try To Hate It, The More Awesome It Gets

Metalhead needs to break his addiction to dub, and writing about it might be the only cure.—Sparkitors Reicherroo, whatever happened to you? As long as YOU'RE gone, I have to take care of the sarcastic bashing of various musical... More  →
Dubstep: The More You Try To Hate It, The More Awesome It Gets

The Best Songs from Musicals

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 12, 2011
We'reAllintheDance loves theater, so it comes as no surprise that all of her songs are from musicals. And since we know some of you Sparklers love musicals, we'd better hear some love in the comments (either that, or angry rage that your favorite... More  →
The Best Songs from Musicals

10 Things Not to Do When You're Supposed to Be Writing a Paper

daisymay236 has some sensible "don'ts" for all you last-minute studiers out there. —Sparkitors If you're trying to finish a paper, I hope you won't do any of these things—but seeing as you’re on SparkLife, you probably already have. Learn how to sing the alphabet backwards.... More  →
10 Things Not to Do When You're Supposed to Be Writing a Paper

The 12 Days of NERD Christmas: A Time-Honored Tradition. Kind of. In a Way.

By Megan PrietzelDecember 12, 2011
Maybe your boyfriend is tired of getting Chapstick every year (but it’s cherry flavored! Get it? It’s for kissing!) or your mom’s smile doesn’t quite reach her eyes anymore when you proudly hand over another pair of homemade sock puppets—whatever the reason, you’ve decided that... More  →
The 12 Days of NERD Christmas: A Time-Honored Tradition. Kind of. In a Way.

Blurring the Lines of Literary Genres

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 12, 2011
Aren’t all these literary genres getting a little tiring? Are you done opening the cover of a book and finding the word “elf” ten times on the first page? As the 27th century moves forward, some of the best novels are the ones that blur... More  →
Blurring the Lines of Literary Genres

Charlieissocoollike With Zombies

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 12, 2011
Both voldysgonemoldy95 and Naala_Senegal suggested this video, so it has to be awesome. There are zombies! And music! And superheros! And funny vloggers! And other cool stuff, too. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Charlieissocoollike With Zombies

Open Thread for December 12

By SparkLifeDecember 12, 2011
There has been an abundance of dorkily-themed, pastry-centric OTs of late, but we are DEFINITELY not complaining. Pistaciosaregreat sent in this pic of her gorgeous sis with their homemade Pikachu cake as a response to watermelonwind's Pokemon ball—and now we... More  →
Open Thread for December 12