Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: You Want Manly? I'll Show You Manly.

By kat_rosenfieldMay 7, 2010
It's a beautiful day here in New York City, Sparklers—too beautiful for dealing with dark family dramas, frenemy conflicts, or unrequited crushes. Instead, how about a nice, fluffy question for Friday? Okay? Okay! (And soon as this column is done, I'm going to throw on some sunglasses,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: You Want Manly? I'll Show You Manly.

Open Thread for May 7

By Emily WinterMay 7, 2010
The cat in the hat! RustyApplesauce says: This is a photo of my Snowshoe cat, Socks (Yes, my parents let me and my sister name her—I was 5 at the time so excuse the very original name.) as a kitten, playing in a straw hat.... More  →
Open Thread for May 7

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Ghostbusters

By Dan_BergsteinMay 6, 2010
Welcome back to the SparkNotes Movie Club. To our new readers, this is how it works: At the beginning of each month, we’ll announce a film. Then you’ll have a few weeks to watch the film, or better yet, watch along with me as I... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Ghostbusters

Blogging Eclipse: Part 24

By Dan_BergsteinMay 6, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Four: Snap Decision Better Title: Though I've Only Just Met Him, Seth is My New Best Friend Dear Werewolf Seth, Hi! You don't know me. My name is Dan and I like Robocop and pancakes. I'm writing this letter to inform you that you are officially my... More  →
Blogging Eclipse: Part 24

Hanging Out With Jazzy... and Not Doing Much

By ContributorMay 6, 2010
Jazzy (aka villanous_mwaha) has a new class called "Guidance," where students and a teacher are supposed to discuss serious issues, like cyber-bulling. Unfortunately, that's not what actually happens. Here's a typical day in Jazzy's Guidance class. —SparkNotes editors Start of lesson: I wonder what... More  →
Hanging Out With Jazzy... and Not Doing Much

Yearbooks: 2000 and Late, or Still Great?

By SparkLifeMay 6, 2010
Are yearbooks sadly outmoded in the era of Facebook (and SparkNotes yearbook awards)? Or are they still essential? We asked two of our supersparkwriters, Kathryn Williams (former yearbook editor), and Kat Rosenfield (former musical theater diva, but that's neither... More  →
Yearbooks: 2000 and Late, or Still Great?

The Three Types of Fangirls

ZOMGGGGGG!!!! WE ARE SOOOO ON TEAM crunchy_apples!!! If you're not, something bad will happen to you. REALLY. We're getting "crunchy apples" tattooed on our butt cheeks! WE ARE! —SparkNotes editors We’ve all seen and encountered fangirls before. We all know that fangirls can be... More  →
The Three Types of Fangirls

Auntie SparkNotes: Is My Girlfriend Cheating on Me?

By kat_rosenfieldMay 6, 2010
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I've been dating this girl for approximately 20 months or so. It's fair to say that it's a pretty serious relationship. However, recently, she's been hanging out with my best friend quite a lot; they've always been close, friend-wise, but apparently he's having... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Is My Girlfriend Cheating on Me?

A Guide to Inventing Words

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 6, 2010
Contributing new words to the English language is the hallmark of great writers and rappers alike. Shakespeare himself is credited with introducing words like "eyeballs" and "puking," while Lil Wayne blessed us with the word "bling." Every creative writer or aspiring rap star will find herself,... More  →
A Guide to Inventing Words

House to Holmes

Sparkler MaDDie3322 has a crush on House. That's cool, we'll take Holmes. Minus the pipe. —SparkNotes editors My favorite show is “House. " Yes, that show with the crippled doctor who figures out a way to cure his patients' unusual problems within 15 minutes... More  →
House to Holmes