Search Menu
Menu

Dear Albert: Bruised and Confused

By Emily WinterSeptember 16, 2011
"Watch out for Sam's head!" Renee Rodriguez shouts as a Nerf ball glides over me from behind. My hair flutters, and I turn around. This is expected—these newspaper meetings are always a hormone-infused circus until Braden comes in. "Sorry," says Paul Atkins, to me, then looks... More  →
Dear Albert: Bruised and Confused

Pants: My Mortal Enemy

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2011
carrieaimelire is not an aficionado of pantalones—probably because she doesn't know that they could one day SAVE HER LIFE.—Sparkitors Pants and I are not friends. We are not pals. Or compadres. Or amigos. Or buddies. Or homies. We do not hang out socially. Our... More  →
Pants: My Mortal Enemy

Which Hogwarts House Are You?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 16, 2011
For those of you who are so scared you won't be sorted correctly by Pottermore, this video (sent in by grayflower) should make it easy for you to tell where you'll be sorted! If you're not brave, ambitious, or smart,... More  →
Which Hogwarts House Are You?

Toy Matinee (This is a Band, Not a Movie for Toys)

Today's playlist is all songs by Toy Matinee, which, according to emma-nema94, are musical geniuses. We know this much: they definitely produced some classic-looking 90s music videos! "Last Plane Out" (I'm not sure what this song is about, but it's catchy!) "Turn It... More  →
Toy Matinee (This is a Band, Not a Movie for Toys)

How to Act on a First Date

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2011
OrangeMaiden is here to offer us her dating wisdom...or at least warn us with Dating Horror Stories! —Sparkitors In a world where first dates are often incredibly awkward (especially when your friend shows up and mentions you have a stuffed animal collection),... More  →
How to Act on a First Date

Open Thread for September 16

rainfire113 says, "Yes, I may have a Harry Potter problem. But I don’t see it as a harmful addiction...more of a passionate obsession!" We're not so sure...anyone willing to hug Voldemort is bordering on the harmful side if you ask us.... More  →
Open Thread for September 16

Check Out Apneet's Amazing Michael Kors Wedges!

By ApneetSeptember 15, 2011
This week I thought I'd take a break from my usual thrift store run and ended up going to a couple of stores in Bushwick, Brooklyn. I was happily surprised with what I found in my own backyard, and will most definitely be shopping in that... More  →
Check Out Apneet's Amazing Michael Kors Wedges!

Auntie SparkNotes: Matriculating While Disabled

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 15, 2011
Today, we've got two letters on a theme: Hi Auntie! I'm going to be a college freshman in a few weeks and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Because of my unique condition, I get a single room along with other helpful accommodations like personal note takers, extended time,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Matriculating While Disabled

Snow White's Advice for Successful Living

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 15, 2011
Admit it, you always knew those Disney movies were good for something besides re-enforcing gender stereotypes! And you were right—we have the Real-Live, Totally Legit, Completely Real Snow White here to give you advice to prove how helpful her story can be as a guide... More  →
Snow White's Advice for Successful Living

How to Win Your Student Council Election

By Kathryn_WilliamsSeptember 15, 2011
It seems election season is already upon us. No, we're not talking about the Republican presidential primary between J.R., Crazy Eyes McGee, and the Mormon guy. We're talking student council elections, those knock-down, drag-out popularity contests masquerading... More  →
How to Win Your Student Council Election