Skip over navigation

You Know it's Summer When...

By ContributorJune 7, 2010
This article by SongByrd94 really made us miss the good old days of summer vacation, so we're wearing our pajamas for the next 32 hours straight in order to relive the glory. What?— Sparkitors It's summer, in case you hadn't noticed!... More  →
You Know it's Summer When...

Guide to Gradutation Day

By Dan_BergsteinJune 7, 2010
Your parents and family members will spend most of the ceremony trying to spot you. Help them by carrying a balloon. If your school doesn’t allow this‚ tape a balloon to the kid in front of you and tell your folks to look for you next to the kid getting in trouble for ha More  →
Guide to Graduation Day

Playlist: the Best Songs for Heartbroken Teens

We think beagle48644 has the right idea: so what if your lame SO just threw away the best thing that ever happened to him/her? (We're talking about YOU, obviously.) Quit your cryin', crank up these tunes, and remember... More  →
Playlist: the Best Songs for Heartbroken Teens

Life According to Ginger: Graduation Weekend

There was a ninja at Ginger's graduation ceremony! Wowzers! —SparkNotes editors I'm sitting home right now in my pajamas. My makeup is smudged, I smell like hairspray, I have no fewer than seven blisters on my feet from new shoes, and my stomach feels like it's... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Graduation Weekend

Meeting the Parents: How Not to Blow It

By Pete CroattoJune 7, 2010
If you've been dating your significant other for a while, odds are you'll soon be asked to meet his/her parents. Yes, it's a terrifying prospect, but like climbing Mount Everest without oxygen or getting Kristen Stewart's phone number, it can be done. And, amazingly, you can make... More  →
Meeting the Parents: How Not to Blow It

Why Is that Guy Wearing So Much Cologne?

Note: do not trying romancing romancingvulcans with romantic AXE body spray. —Sparkitors Every so often—especially as the weather heats up—you'll encounter some guy wearing so much AXE (or some other manly perfume) that wild animals can smell him from hundreds of miles away, and... More  →
Why Is that Guy Wearing So Much Cologne?

Explaining Facebook to Your Grandparents

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 7, 2010
Facebook and grandparents go together like cheese and bananas, which is to say, the combination of the two can feel wrong and slightly nauseating. Your grandparents are likely to become confused and disoriented when you talk about status updates and use "friend" as a verb.... More  →
Explaining Facebook to Your Grandparents

Auntie SparkNotes: Strident Teetotalers and Sloppy Drunks

By kat_rosenfieldJune 7, 2010
Today, Auntie hears from a Sparkler who doesn't drink—and doesn't want her friends to drink, either. —SparkNotes editors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm an eighteen year old high school senior who is against the consumption of alcohol. I have always held this view, and I hope to continue... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Strident Teetotalers and Sloppy Drunks

New Energy Drinks

By Robert IsenbergJune 7, 2010
Tired of the same old energy drinks? We know the feeling. You open your cooler, and all you find is Monster, Monster, Monster, with a little Jolt thrown in. Consider this eye-popping alternatives: Shazzam: Feeling tired and mopey? No more! Shazzam is 92% caffeine and 106%... More  →
New Energy Drinks

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJune 7, 2010
In last week's comments, Nillabee asked "'sup with all the lame stock pictures?  don't nobody send nothin' in no more?" We thought we'd respond with this gem of a photograph, submitted by RumbleRoar2. Why? One: because man can't live... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week