Search Menu
Menu

If He Doesn't Ask You Out, He Just Isn't Into You (Another Heartwarming Message From Greg!)

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 4, 2011
First things first: does anyone have Gandalf’s cellphone number? I just texted Dumbledore asking if he’d be down for some mano-a-mano combat with Geezer the Gray, and he was like “OH, TOTES. It's ON.” So if we can get Big G to agree, we’ve got... More  →
If He Doesn't Ask You Out, He Just Isn't Into You (Another Heartwarming Message From Greg!)

The Freshman 15 Is a Big, Fat Myth

By EmmaNovember 4, 2011
Exciting news! According to science, there's no such thing as the freshman 15. On average, girls gain just 3 pounds during their first year of school, and guys gain 3.5 pounds—and scientists say that's probably because their bones n' stuff are still growing,... More  →
The Freshman 15 Is a Big, Fat Myth

Ask a Teacher: Why Do Teachers Assign Old, Boring Books?

By Mr. FossNovember 4, 2011
Q: Why do teachers always assign old books, often really boring books, for students to read? Wouldn't assigning more modern, interesting books show students the joys of learning? I know I got turned off from Shakespeare after being assigned Macbeth seven years in... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Why Do Teachers Assign Old, Boring Books?

You Know You're a Diver When...

By ContributorNovember 4, 2011
monicarima straps on the spandex and risks belly flops on a regular basis. She has to convince you she's tough? –Sparkitors I’m a diver, and it always seems like diving as a sport doesn't get the credit it deserves. If you're one... More  →
You Know You're a Diver When...

Essential Vintage Items, Part Two

By ApneetNovember 4, 2011
A few weeks ago, I showed you what I consider the vintage items every girl should have in her closet: something beaded, something denim, and something sheer. This week I'm back with more pre-loved pieces and suggestions for wearing them in a modern... More  →
Essential Vintage Items, Part Two

This Book Could Get You Into College!

'olwhatshername tackles the impossible process of applying to college using this trusty book!—Sparkitors How do I write my application essay? How the heck am I going pay for tuition? How can you relate college admissions to Ben... More  →
This Book Could Get You Into College!

Why You Should Go Play Dragon Age: Origins RIGHT NOW

TheFoxAstronaut is here to tell you how you can be a real, live, world-saving hero. Ready? —Sparkitors Homework getting you down? Love life making you blue? Feeling a bit too average and un-heroic? Take a step from reality, folks, and get yourself a copy... More  →
Why You Should Go Play Dragon Age: Origins RIGHT NOW

Should These Parents Go to Parent Jail?

By EmmaNovember 4, 2011
Does this video of parents claiming that they ate all their kids' Halloween candy make us laugh? Well, yes. But we feel terrible about it! It's gross to lie to your kids, it's grosser to FILM THEM while lying to them, and it's the grossest to... More  →
Should These Parents Go to Parent Jail?

Holding On: Chapter 15

willwriteforhearts is finally back with the next installment of her awesome fiction project! In the last chapter, Nick and Alice are warned by the ghost of their father not to trust their mom's new boyfriend. But will they listen?—Sparkitors Eric’s mom is... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 15

How Do You Define Racism?

carlorossiriver is leading a crusade against misunderstandings of racism. Will you help define racism? —Sparkitors I used to think people who shouted “RACIST!” at stuff in black and white were witty and funny. Now… they're just annoying. Ever since awareness of racism has been... More  →
How Do You Define Racism?