Search Menu
Menu

Dan's Advice for Aspiring Writers

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 17, 2011
The question I get asked the most is: How do you become a writer? I usually give a sarcastic response such as, “Wear more purple.” But as part of Dan Bergstein week here at SparkNotes, the real answer will finally be revealed. How do you... More  →
Dan's Advice for Aspiring Writers

Creative Ways to Save Money

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 17, 2011
For a lot of us, money is tight these days. People everywhere are implementing stricter budgets, frantically grabbing handfuls of pennies from wishing wells, and going to the park to reverse-feed the ducks, which is the act of stealing the breadcrumbs that a... More  →
Creative Ways to Save Money

The Metal Band You Can't Miss: Disciple

By ContributorAugust 17, 2011
Metalhead865 wrote this post after seeing Disciple's phenomenal live performance at Camp Electric—you can check out his camp journal here!—Sparkitors Before I start, I'd like to thank Kevin Young of Disciple for giving my true love, Animated_Apathy, a video shout-out... More  →
The Metal Band You Can't Miss: Disciple

Dan Bergstein is a Ravenclaw

By ContributorAugust 17, 2011
jolieg15 just got all Sorting Hat up in this joint!—Sparkitors “I’m telling you, if I were in the Harry Potter series, I would be a Gryffindor, and you would be Ginny,” said a great but totally misguided friend of mine. “That’s false—I am the re-incarnation... More  →
Dan Bergstein is a Ravenclaw

Bo Burnham Is a Comedy God

By Aislinn ShevlinAugust 17, 2011
Bo Burnham is one of my favorite comedians IN THE WORLD. I saw him in New Orleans a few months ago and he was even better live. And I met him afterward, so that was pretty cool. He has so many hilarious songs on YouTube.... More  →
Bo Burnham Is a Comedy God

Open Thread for August 17

By SparkLifeAugust 17, 2011
C-Rav took this pic back in the winter, but forgot to send it. All you sunburnt Sparklers, feast thine eyez!!!... More  →
Open Thread for August 17

Shivani Explains Makeup: Foundation Edition

By ContributorAugust 16, 2011
Shivani is literally a quarter of our age, yet she just taught us 5,912 new things about foundation. —Sparkitors Foundation is a makeup product that acts as a base. It's usually one of the first products used in makeup application. A good foundation will even out... More  →
Shivani Explains Makeup: Foundation Edition

Buy Her a Romantic Toaster

By ContributorAugust 16, 2011
More awesomeness from Scott-Free, y'all. —Sparkitors Rule #12: Stop Dating Him If He Doesn’t Buy You A Romantic Gift for Your Birthday or Valentine’s Day. Ladies and gentlemen, this one is going to be fun. “…When a man wants to marry you, he usually gives... More  →
Buy Her a Romantic Toaster

Auntie SparkNotes: The Harry/Ginny Romance Model

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 16, 2011
Dear Auntie, I can't think of any way to word this so that it doesn't sound cliche or fruity, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I'm in love with a girl. What makes it even more special is that she's my first crush... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Harry/Ginny Romance Model

15 Things Dan Bergstein Won't Tell You About Himself

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 16, 2011

The ecstatic, unified screech of unfettered elation that echoed across the Sparkiverse on Monday may have alerted you to the fact that it is Dan Bergstein Week here at SparkLife. Otherwise known as The Week Dan Bergstein Will Finally Give Me the

... More  →
15 Things Dan Bergstein Won't Tell You About Himself