Skip over navigation
Menu

Disney Princess Remix

By Emily WinterJune 23, 2011
We saw this excellent remix on one of our favorite girly blogs, thehairpin, and immediately knew it had SPARKLEBUTT written all over it in brown glitter.... More  →
Disney Princess Remix

The Perks of Being Fun-Sized

By ContributorJune 23, 2011

acs14 isn't the tallest kid on the block, but she might be the smartest!—Sparkitors As someone who belongs to the "5’3’ and under" population, I’ve heard a myriad of “politically correct” terms for us short people, ranging... More  →
The Perks of Being Fun-Sized

Interview with Spellbound Author Cara Lynn Shultz

By Dan_BergsteinJune 23, 2011
When packing up books to bring to the beach this summer (or the isthmus, if you're vacationing at the isthmuses) bring along Spellbound, the new novel by Cara Lynn Shultz. This romance novel with hints of magic has elements I thought were illegal... More  →
Interview with Spellbound Author Cara Lynn Shultz

A Field Guide to the Italian Grandmother

Siobhan Speiran, we love this post. And we're pretty sure we'd love your Nonna! –Sparkitors Italian Grandmothers, also known as “Nonnas,” take immense pleasure in hearing their progeny speak broken, pseudo-Italian. Their day to day concerns range from who killed Nick on the Young... More  →
A Field Guide to the Italian Grandmother

The (Formerly) Quiet Kid Speaks Up-Again!

TheQuietKid may have to change her username after her last post and her newest installment! We're so proud of all the progress she's made!—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, First off: whoa. I’ve read every single comment on my last article and was... More  →
The (Formerly) Quiet Kid Speaks Up-Again!

10 Reasons Why Crushes SUCK

MerlinsBaggiestYFronts is fed up with all this mushy love stuff. Sing it, sister.—Sparkitors This is for all those people out there who are crying during Crush Week because a) their crush is unreachable, unavailable, or incarcerated; b) their crush doesn’t know they exist... More  →
10 Reasons Why Crushes SUCK

Roger Federer Is a God Among Mere Mortals

By Aislinn ShevlinJune 23, 2011
Since crush week happened to fall during the first week of Wimbledon, I had to at least acknowledge my ultimate crush/favorite person in the world, Roger Federer. And, this video shows off just how amazing he is at what he does (...which is tennis, in case... More  →
Roger Federer Is a God Among Mere Mortals

Shin-Kicking, Scandal, and THAT Smile: Elodie Explains Her Crush History

thenameselodie is a professional crusher. Seriously, this girl should be getting PAID.—Sparkitors It’s Crush Week! It’s Crush Week! Guys—this is my week. This is the equivalent of me hearing a Jay-Z song at one of those middle school dances and bringing the whole gymnasium... More  →
Shin-Kicking, Scandal, and THAT Smile: Elodie Explains Her Crush History

Open Thread for June 23

By SparkLifeJune 23, 2011
iammusic sent us this hilarious pic. We've never seen a road sign like this before. Apparently, this shot was taken on highway 98. (NOT 89!!!) Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for June 23

What Does a Drum Major Do?

By ContributorJune 22, 2011
This is a co-written column by Synesthesian and Verisimilitude_andthensome about their marching band! –Sparkitors Hello! Marie, aka Synesthesian, here. Considering we will be taking you through our whole season with one group of people,... More  →
What Does a Drum Major Do?