Menu

You Know You're From Palmer, Alaska When...

By ContributorJuly 8, 2011
PurplePenInkOfTheForgottenW will definitely be ready for the snow apocalypse—because she's already survived it, like, 8 times.—Sparkitors I just had to write one of these “You know you're from...” because I live in Palmer, a small town in Alaska that you’ve never... More  →
You Know You're From Palmer, Alaska When...

Open Thread for July 8

By SparkLifeJuly 8, 2011
Love this pic from aleyna22! She says... I recently went to Charleston, SC, and somehow my crappy little digital camera took some amazing pictures. I'm sending in one of my favorites, one I like to call "Rebellious."... More  →
Open Thread for July 8

Dan's Summer Reading List For the Lazy

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 7, 2011
This is a reading list for the lazy and leisurely. Many of you can devour thousands of books in a single summer. Unfortunately, I was gifted with the reading speed of a distracted turtle, which means that two or three books is all I can... More  →
Dan's Summer Reading List For the Lazy

Legally Brunette

By ContributorJuly 7, 2011
undercoverolive is following her dreams—all the way to a top college!—Sparkitors If you're a female with a pulse, you've probably seen one of my all-time favorite movies, Legally Blonde. If you haven't, go watch it now. The... More  →
Legally Brunette

What Went Wrong with Transformers 3

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 7, 2011
Like all the other teenagers who thrive on theatrical explosions, my friends and I dutifully went to the midnight premier of Transformers 3. We were expecting a plotless action movie filled with bad acting and lots of robots... and we were surprised. The first half... More  →
What Went Wrong with Transformers 3

How to Host A Killer Deathly Hallows Party

Squelette is going to make sure that Harry Potter goes out in style!—Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, you’re feeling a mixture of mind-numbing excitement mixed with a bit of melancholy at the prospect of the release... More  →
How to Host A Killer Deathly Hallows Party

Ask Jono: Picking a Guy Who Is Not a Disaster

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 7, 2011
Sup Jono! Sup. So I'll just give you the rundown of my problem! Basically, I really liked this guy this year, and he was into me but it didn't end up working out because he tried to make me jealous or something by hooking up... More  →
Ask Jono: Picking a Guy Who Is Not a Disaster

Auntie SparkNotes: Gettin' Your Tolerance On

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 7, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have a problem that has been bothering me for a while now. You see, I'm the only one in my family who is pro-gay (that's the best way I could think of to phrase it). I am completely comfortable with the LGBT... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Gettin' Your Tolerance On

16 Tips for Writing a Great Fantasy Novel

dac213 has all the tips you need to write the next YA bestseller!—Sparkitors I haven't written a fantasy action novel (yet), but I have read my share of good and bad fantasy novels,... More  →
16 Tips for Writing a Great Fantasy Novel

How to Get Over Writer's Block

alexsarcastic221, we ate three bagel dogs and sang the Friends theme song in Portuguese before writing this intro. Every writer's got their thing. –Sparkitors Now that I have positioned myself comfortably in my thinking chair and mentally recited a few of my funniest knock-knock... More  →
How to Get Over Writer's Block