Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 2

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 2, 2010
Today's GORGEOUS photograph was taken by *da-da-da-daaaahhhhhh*—how did she know that pink flowers are our absolute favorite? ... More  →
Open Thread for August 2

Open Thread for August 1

By EmmaAugust 1, 2010
Rabbit, rabbit! (That's the first thing we say on the first day of the month [if we remember to]. It brings you good luck, duh.) You know who else has good luck? faith_in_absence, who almost died snapping today's pic:

This is

... More  →
Open Thread for August 1

Open Thread for July 31

By EmmaJuly 31, 2010
nerdy_chick01 snapped this pic in the park. nerdy_chick, did you consider stealing the pup and running away as fast as you could? Just wondering!... More  →
Open Thread for July 31

Best Summer Day Ever: 24 Things to Do

By Ashley SpencerJuly 30, 2010
It's hard to believe, but it's almost August. Soon, fall will sweep in with its backpacks, homework, and crunchy leaves. All you’ll have left of summer is faded tans, still-sandy beach bags, and memories of epic cannonballs. It's not time to panic yet: you... More  →
Best Summer Day Ever: 24 Things to Do

The 10 Worst Birthday Presents Ever

By Rachel KorowitzJuly 30, 2010
When I was about to turn 13, my parents started asking me what I wanted for my birthday. Answer: to get a grown-up-style makeover at Macy's Clinique counter. I envisioned white robes and matching turbans, and a severe aesthetician painting my lips and nails fiery... More  →
The 10 Worst Birthday Presents Ever

Six Reasons I Hate Shoes

By ContributorJuly 30, 2010
falineaz, how could you possibly turn away this itty bitty adorable shoe? It looks like a puppy! —Sparkitors Shoes are useful things. They're clothes for your toes, the ultimate foot accessory. They allow you to walk on surfaces that could hurt your... More  →
Six Reasons I Hate Shoes

Kid Stuff We Still Find Kool

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 30, 2010
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us Kid! Grown up schmown up. Who says just because we vote, pay a mortgage, have a "job" and can already sense the rumblings of a midlife crisis that we have to stop loving... More  →
Kid Stuff We Still Find Kool

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterJuly 30, 2010
Buzzzzzzzz zerrrrrrm PLUNK BiiiiZZZZZZZZump. Sparklerszzzzzzzzmmmbmbmp we ffllllllurrrrrg can't grind! concentrate zoom because there's CRASH construction going on in the zip! office today. So please pardon us if we BANG!!! seem distracted. Um, hey construction guys? Would you mind—yes you with the power tools, bloodshot eyes, and... More  →
The Friday Awards

Battle of the Side Dishes

By Lauren PassellJuly 30, 2010
It's a side dish smackdown! We paired popular side dishes, weighed their strengths and weaknesses, and, after weeks of sleepless nights, marathon taste tests, and interviews with philosophers, theologians, and that kid who works the drive-thru at McDonalds, we've found a clear winner. Ready? Let's... More  →
Battle of the Side Dishes

Back to School Shopping: What To Look For In A Computer

By Rachel KorowitzJuly 30, 2010
It's still a bazillion degrees outside, which makes it hard to believe that school will start up again in just a matter of weeks. Before you get back into the swing of lockers, lunch rooms, and logarithms, you'll want to set yourself up with a... More  →
Back to School Shopping: What To Look For In A Computer