Skip over navigation

What It's Like to Travel To...Sin City

By ContributorJune 18, 2010
If you're traveling to Vegas this summer and want to look like a native, study neomaxizoomdwbi's guide carefully. She'll show you how to pretend you're a jaded local. —Sparkitors Here are some sights you'll probably see on your trip to Vegas, along with typical... More  →
What It's Like to Travel To...Sin City

Open Thread for June 18

By Emily WinterJune 18, 2010
We love pics from around the world!  Sparkler jgrudzy says, "This is a statue in Berlin, Germany, outside a museum next to the Berliner Dome." Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com for publication in the open thread!... More  →
Open Thread for June 18

Life Lessons from a Disney Kid

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
ellielikespie, and we like Ellie's wisdom nuggets. That sounds gross. Nevermind. —Sparkitors I, like most latchkey kids of the '90s, was raised by television. Disney movies, to be specific. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. Why? Because it prepared... More  →
Life Lessons from a Disney Kid

How to Nail Your Karaoke Performance

By Pete CroattoJune 17, 2010
When it's done right, karaoke makes you feel like a rock star, albeit without the initial superstardom, lackluster follow-up album sales, and the sad, inevitable slide into reality TV. When karaoke is done wrong...well, remember when you accidentally called your homeroom teacher "mommy"? Yeah. If you don't want to revisit Humiliation Lane, follow these... More  →
How to Nail Your Karaoke Performance

My Crush Is a Children's Book Hero

jennalinds likes 'em young. Realllll young. —Sparkitors Of all the the “my crush is” lists, I have compiled one that probably takes the cake for creepiness. Not only are these crushes fictional characters, but most of them are…well…kids. Though my love for them may... More  →
My Crush Is a Children's Book Hero

Summer Loving Movies Vs. Your Messy Life

By Ashley SpencerJune 17, 2010
In the movies, it looks so easy to fall in love…especially in the summertime. You make out on blankets on the beach. If you’re lucky, you meet a guy, transfer to his school in the fall, change your sweet image for sassy leather one,... More  →
Summer Loving Movies Vs. Your Messy Life

Boycott Summer Break

jgrudzy's sarcasm hand is ALWAYS raised. —Sparkitors Everyone knows it: summer break is for losers. It’s lame and boring. Without school, there’s never anything to do. Only stupid people who actually enjoy free time seem to think that it’s a good thing. Unfortunately, due... More  →
Boycott Summer Break

A Day in the Life of an English State School Student

We love this post by strawberryquidditch because 1) she's an amazing writer, and 2) the cool English slang reminds us of Harry Potter! It's a win-win!— Sparkitors Here's a look at a typical day in my life! 7:00 am: Alarm clock rings. I hit... More  →
A Day in the Life of an English State School Student

Playlist: Super-Duper Awesome Songs

We've never heard of Freelance Whales, but we're totally going to give them a listen. With a name like that, they HAVE to be great. Thanks for the tip, Twilightluvr27!— Sparkitors These are the songs I'm obsessed with at the moment; I hope... More  →
Playlist: Super-Duper Awesome Songs