Skip over navigation

In Defense of Generic Snacks

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 8, 2010
As the economy struggles to come back to life, we all must watch our wallets, and one way to save some cash is chowing down on budget-priced foodstuffs. Sure, these products are about as glamorous as Snooki’s mug shot, but once you get... More  →
In Defense of Generic Snacks

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 8, 2010
Unbeknownst to Chelsea Dagger (as many, many things are), last week's video had already been posted as an Awesome Thing. Un-unbeknownst to Chelsea Dagger, however, is a very interesting fact: last time around, the phenomenal Animator vs. Animation averaged a score... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Auntie SparkNotes: No Blood? No Pain? No Regrets? No Problem.

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 8, 2010
Something IS wrong with you, Sparkler: you're entirely too well-adjusted. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, This question may come off a little odd but I need someone to answer it. It's about sex. (cue the gasping audience and awkward turtles). I've been with my boyfriend for five months now... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No Blood? No Pain? No Regrets? No Problem.

Open Thread for September 8

By Emily WinterSeptember 8, 2010
These pics, taken by MarauderPrincess, were sent to us in May. We hope they take some gloom out of your first days back at school. MarauderP says... The first is a picture of a Mexican paintbrush, and I didn't even notice the ants on... More  →
Open Thread for September 8

Movie Review: Going the Distance

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 7, 2010
Once upon a time, I was in a long-distance relationship, and to say that it was "terrible" would be doing a disservice to the word "terrible." Save this information for later. Now, the recap! AND PRETTY MUCH SPOILERS FROM HERE ON IN. Meet Drew Barrymore! She's' a no-nonsense... More  →
Movie Review: Going the Distance

The Most Annoying Habits of All Time Ever

By ContributorSeptember 7, 2010
Megan_Adams is annoyed. Here's what she can't stand. —Sparkitors 1. Asking, “Whatcha doing?” (especially with that particular inflection) even when it is perfectly obvious what I am doing, and it cannot be possible that you are confused about what it is that I am... More  →
The Most Annoying Habits of All Time Ever

A Day in the Life at a Jewish Sleepover Camp (in Canada!)

By ContributorSeptember 7, 2010
Your camp sounds amazing, jewbiegirl—except for those hard-boiled eggs.—Sparkitors A lot of people seem surprised when I tell them that I go to sleepover camp for a month. It may seem like a... More  →
A Day in the Life at a Jewish Sleepover Camp (in Canada!)

QUIZINATOR: Remember When We Brought Sexy Back? Now It's Your Turn.

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2010
Just to clarify: this is not a quiz about Justin Timberlake. Why, you ask, groaning with disappointment? Because if it were, the answer to every single question would be "HOTNESS," and that kind of predictability would defeat the entire purpose of the Quizinator—which is to... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Remember When We Brought Sexy Back? Now It's Your Turn.

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

By Emily WinterSeptember 7, 2010
You may not know this, but SparkNotes has a (fictional) academy. It's either called "SparkLife Academy" or "SparkNotes Academy" (we're undecided). It is certainly not called "The Academy for Untethered Unicorns and Drippy Sea Hags," which the Board of Education deemed inappropriate because there... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

Electives You WISH You Could Take

By Pete CroattoSeptember 7, 2010
As much as you surely love "Naturally Occurring Rock Formations 101" and "War and Peace from a Nietzschian Perspective," we think we've come up with some elective classes that can outdo anything your high school is currently offering—and that includes "Advanced Cooking: Jell-O As An Arbiter... More  →
Electives You WISH You Could Take