Search Menu
Menu

For All You NaNoWriMo-ers Out There

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 14, 2011
This girl's blog about NaNoWriMo is just too cute to ignore, and we're sure all you NaNoWriMo-ers can sympathize with her struggles. And I'm sure all you aspiring novelists have wondered what was going in your characters' heads. I mean, who hasn't wondered if their... More  →
For All You NaNoWriMo-ers Out There

The Ultimate Chillax Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 14, 2011
lexgetreal made this chill remix that's good for various reasons, whether you're sleepy, bored, moody... all of that good junk. It's multi purpose, as are the best things in life. Like toasters. They're useful for toasting things AND tossing out windows. 1) More  →
The Ultimate Chillax Playlist

4 Recipes for Disaster

By Lucy HutchinsonNovember 14, 2011
A good disaster is hard to come by these days. Sure, you can buy your disasters-in-a-box at the store, but they're overpriced and probably stuffed full of preservatives. Why, only yesterday we bought a box of disasters and when we opened it, it was half... More  →
 4 Recipes for Disaster

6 Steps to Professional Cooking

By ContributorNovember 14, 2011
carlorossiriver kicks off SparkLife Recipe Week! —Sparkitors I'd just like to share my infallible knowledge on cooking with you imbeciles. I am a very great chef. To give you an idea of my awesomeness when it comes to the kitchen, I'll give you a... More  →
6 Steps to Professional Cooking

THE HUNGER GAMES TRAILER IS HERE AND WE ARE FREAKING OUT.

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 14, 2011
THERE'S NO TIME FOR HEAVY-HANDED INTRODUCTIONS. WATCH FIRST, HYPERVENTILATE LATER. DEEP BREATHS, BUTTS. Our reaction to this tiny piece of cinematic magic? Mostly, we're in awe. Mostly, this trailer makes us want to become amateur-professional archers (we would practice our aim on pigeons, risking possible jail... More  →
THE HUNGER GAMES TRAILER IS HERE AND WE ARE FREAKING OUT.

Open Thread for November 14th

By SparkLifeNovember 14, 2011
GUYS, WE NEED MORE OPEN THREAD PICTURES (otherwise Chelsea Dagger will be forced to upload a million more lack-luster images of her supa-fresh sneaks—and trust us, you do NOT want that to happen). Remember, you have to have TAKEN THE PHOTO YOURSELF; if you steal... More  →
Open Thread for November 14th

Open Thread for November 13

By SparkLifeNovember 13, 2011
What's that? You don't like clowns? And you especially don't like their hairy wrists? Oh, we're sorry. We thought you wanted to look at them all the time, and that's why you're not sending us any OT pics. >:/ Hint hint!... More  →
Open Thread for November 13

Open Thread for November 12

By SparkLifeNovember 12, 2011

This is what happens when you don't send us cute open thread pics.

You FORCE us to post terrifying balloon stick men. Don't come complaining to us—you brought this on yourselves!

To make the balloon man go away, send pics to contribute@sparknotes.com.

... More  →
Open Thread for November 12

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 12

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 11, 2011
Chapter Twenty-Four: Priori Incantatem Better Title: Try to Ignore the Phallic Nature of Wands We're going to wrap up the book in this week's blog and end it quickly, because the sooner we finish the sooner we get to the very best Harry Potter book,... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 12

Long-Distance Relationships: Do's and Don'ts

By ContributorNovember 11, 2011
Courtney Guth's relationship sounds as healthy as low-free yogurt! (That's a good thing.) —Sparkitors According to some, monogamy in college is a myth. It ranks right up there with unicorns, the abominable snowman, the Loch Ness monster, and other imaginary beings. Most college students... More  →
Long-Distance Relationships: Do's and Don'ts