Search Menu
Menu

Being a Hipster Isn't So Bad!

By ContributorOctober 26, 2011
CrystalSoda loves being a hipster... she just hates the mustaches.—Sparkitors I’m a hipster. Yes, really. I always want authenticity, I listen to music no one I know listens to, and I like to make things instead of buying them whenever possible. Everywhere I go, I... More  →
Being a Hipster Isn't So Bad!

Open Thread for October 26

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 26, 2011
Dearblankpleaseblank and shameless self-advertising? Kimmy has got us pegged, and we just couldn't resist. Now we want YOU to send pictures of your teddy bears and humorous internet findings! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for October 26

Blueberry Muffin Tops

By ShivaniOctober 25, 2011
It’s easy to take for granted the nonchalance with which old friends approach your idiosyncrasies. Back home, my habit of eating pudding with a butter knife would have fazed no one, but here at college, most people silently judge me, or, if I count them... More  →
Blueberry Muffin Tops

What Were They Thinking? The Truth Behind Wacko Celeb Baby Names

By Lauren PassellOctober 25, 2011
We get it, celebrities. You’re famous—your baby names cannot be normal. And fame apparently does wonders for your reasoning skills. We sort of wonder what these celebrities were thinking and why they decided to put down the baby name books and go straight to comic books, More  →
What Were They Thinking? The Truth Behind Wacko Celeb Baby Names

Auntie SparkNotes: The Maybegays

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 25, 2011
Dear Auntie, I am sixteen and haven’t really explored my sexuality yet but this is where it starts. At soccer tryouts about a month ago, there was this girl who dresses just like a boy including the hair and everything. When I saw her I felt... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Maybegays

The Creepiest Creeper Who Ever Creeped: Arthur

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 25, 2011
Let's call him Arthur.* Arthur was cute and funny and smart and intense, and just aloof enough to make me all, "Rachel has issues! Rachel LIKE." We were both single, so we went out on a date and talked and kissed. That part was really nice. From... More  →
The Creepiest Creeper Who Ever Creeped: Arthur

Build Your NaNoWriMo Survival Kit

By ContributorOctober 25, 2011
Gearing up for NaNoWriMo? Listen to peacelovejay's voice of experience. —Sparkitors Salutations, my sparkly friends! Can you believe that it’s nearly November already? It’s my favorite time of the year—the beauty of leaves changing color, the opportunity to wear glittens, the impending... More  →
Build Your NaNoWriMo Survival Kit

8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 5

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 25, 2011
1. Let the "good writers" streak continue! Hooray! This week, let's give thanks to the talents of Sonny Lee and Patrick Walsh, the literary minds behind this solidly funny, smart episode. Given the good jokes and complexity of the plot, it's not a huge shock... More  →
8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 5

A Scream-Worthy TRUE Story (This One Ain't For the Weak of Heart)

By ContributorOctober 25, 2011
We're already 100% positive that pikori's story is the scariest one we'll read all week—and it's only Tuesday.—Sparkitors On a clear Saturday night last October, I and five of my high school's newspaper staffers set out on a hunt—a hunt for the haunted. With... More  →
A Scream-Worthy TRUE Story (This One Ain't For the Weak of Heart)

Are These the Coolest Halloween Decorations Ever?

By EmmaOctober 25, 2011
hermionerules5 sent us this Halloween video, pronouncing it "super cool." We agree with her; do you? Related post: Makeup Tips for Ghouly Girls... More  →
Are These the Coolest Halloween Decorations Ever?