Menu

Rose's Relationship Guide, Part I: You Are a Potential Camel Murderer

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2011
Rose didn't get into the love advice game just for fun, guys: she's really tired of all the spontaneously combusting camels. –Sparkitors It's a proven fact that every time you have an awkward moment with your significant other, a camel bursts into flames. So... More  →
Rose's Relationship Guide, Part I: You Are a Potential Camel Murderer

The Pros and Cons of Being a Redhead

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2011

Hippycat826 is joining the hair debate, and she even has SCIENTIFIC THINGS to back up her points. Color us impressed. —Sparkitors With all the articles about blondes and brunettes, I was sad to see no one has written anything about

... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being a Redhead

Open Thread for September 27

By SparkLifeSeptember 27, 2011
meganpikalvr12 sent in this awesome photo with the caption: Ninjas in the band hall. But wait, if we can see them, are they still ninjas? Are they just slow-moving... More  →
Open Thread for September 27

Auntie SparkNotes: The Crushy Mea Culpa

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 26, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm going to summarize everything in point form because it's easier and shorter. - I went to camp for six weeks this summer, and met a guy (who shall be known as John). We hung out on the first day, but only occasionally after... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Crushy Mea Culpa

The Great New York Lightsaber Battle of 2011

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 26, 2011
Only in New York City can hundreds of mature, full-grown adults dress up as Jedi and whack each other with plastic lightsabers for two hours. Luckily, I live in New York. On Saturday night I donned my Princess Leia buns and met up with a group... More  →
The Great New York Lightsaber Battle of 2011

The Phantom of the Opera is a Deformed Psychopath, and He STILL Gets More Kisses Than Me

By ContributorSeptember 26, 2011
purplepants' post made us laugh so hard that we may have broken a rib. It hurts. To breathe.—Sparkitors For years now, my most committed relationship has been between me and an 100-year-old story about a guy with a jacked-up... More  →
The Phantom of the Opera is a Deformed Psychopath, and He STILL Gets More Kisses Than Me

The Night of Shame: Dating Stupid McLoserPants, Part II!

Sunshine_AZ gives us the much-anticipated follow-up to her hilarious post about a crush gone awry! When we last left off, she'd just gotten home from a pretty horrible date—and received a totally unexpected text from the guy... More  →
The Night of Shame: Dating Stupid McLoserPants, Part II!

How to Make Your Lifeguard Like You

All_Is_Mal offers an etiquette guide for next year, while simultaneously torturing us with memories of summer days past.—Sparkitors There’s been a lot of hype on SparkLife about waiters—how you should treat them, how much you should tip them—and while I’m as nice to More  →
How to Make Your Lifeguard Like You

Adding Autumnal Layers to a Summertime Skirt

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 26, 2011
In case you guys missed it, Kathryn did a great slideshow last week on how to keep wearing lightweight summertime dresses even after the weather gets chilly. And I was so inspired by her fab outfits (and so insanely, desperately jealous of her... More  →
Adding Autumnal Layers to a Summertime Skirt

Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Try to Set Students Up?

By Mr. TocheSeptember 26, 2011
Here's the complete question: Do you ever try to set students up? If not, do you make ideal pairings of students in your head? Not to repeat myself from my last column, but oh HELL no. Really, I'd rather lock myself in a coffin filled... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Try to Set Students Up?