Search Menu
Menu

How Do You Define Racism?

By ContributorNovember 4, 2011
carlorossiriver is leading a crusade against misunderstandings of racism. Will you help define racism? —Sparkitors I used to think people who shouted “RACIST!” at stuff in black and white were witty and funny. Now… they're just annoying. Ever since awareness of racism has been... More  →
How Do You Define Racism?

You Know You're From Ireland When...

By ContributorNovember 4, 2011
MyHair'sOnFire is here to clear up the leprechaun confusion. Thank goodness for that! —Sparkitors Contrary to popular belief, Irish people are not all red-haired leprechauns who live in thatched cottages made of potatoes. Some of us leprechauns have blonde hair! But if... More  →
You Know You're From Ireland When...

Open Thread for November 4

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 4, 2011
Look, it's a happy face! "So what?" we can hear you wondering. "Anyone can paint a smiley face." Well, shut your scoffing mouths, because that happy face is awesome. Why? Because nobody painted it—it formed on a rock on the bottom of a lake. A... More  →
Open Thread for November 4

Ask Jono: Why Guys Suddenly Ignore You

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 3, 2011
Hi Jono, I once read that girls brains are like spaghetti, with all the thoughts mixing together at the same time, and that boy brains are like waffles, with boys only being able to focus on one square at a time. But I've... More  →
Ask Jono: Why Guys Suddenly Ignore You

Music to Blow Your Mind

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 3, 2011
jae95zone creeped her way onto some earlier K-pop playlists and was so excited she sent us more in hopes of blowing our minds. Is your mind blown yet? Also, if I listen to enough K-pop, will I suddenly understand it? 1." Mr. Simple" by... More  →
Music to Blow Your Mind

Welcome to Hufflepuff: Condolences from Dumbledore

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 3, 2011
This is the speech that Dumbledore should have made. If Dumbledore was a real person, he would have said this. I am sure. I mean, everyone knows that Hufflepuff gets a bit...ignored. And for all you Hufflepuffs out there: I'm sorry. And so is Dumbledore. Okay,... More  →
Welcome to Hufflepuff: Condolences from Dumbledore

We Have Something Nice to Say About Breaking Dawn

By EmmaNovember 3, 2011
...and we defy you to disagree with us! The nice thing is: Bella's wedding makeup looks simply marvelous. Her skin is glowing, her lashes are lush, and her brows look shaped by the hand of God. If only the rest of this sneak peak lived up to Bella's... More  →
We Have Something Nice to Say About Breaking Dawn

Auntie SparkNotes: Speak Up

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 3, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I was hoping you can help me. In my school we have a Model UN club, which is basically the United Nations for high school kids. Anyway, I am a really shy person who doesn't talk a lot and that is my problem.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Speak Up

Moving On to the More-Than-Friends-Zone

By ContributorNovember 3, 2011
Faye is still stuck in the Friend Zone with no way out. What now? —Sparkitors My crush Ash thinks I’m hot! *SQUEEEE!* But I'm getting ahead of myself. Here’s the story: It was Saturday night (technically early Sunday morning) and Ash, my fake-boyfriend and I were hanging... More  →
Moving On to the More-Than-Friends-Zone

8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 6

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 3, 2011
1. We're sort of back where we started. Show, did we learn nothing? Wasn't there a lesson to be had there about how funny scripts = watchable episode = repeat viewers? I don't know who's responsible for this week's meh-fest, but it feels like this... More  →
8 Things About 2 Broke Girls: Episode 6