Skip over navigation

What Kind of Emotional Roller Coaster Will You Ride Today?

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 9, 2010
We like to think of summer as the Season of Roller Coasters. Sadly, it doesn't last forever. And when you go back to school, there will be a whole bunch of new, less fun roller coasters waiting for you. We've catalogued a few of them... More  →
What Kind of Emotional Roller Coaster Will You Ride Today?

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2010
As far as cuteness goes, it's hard to top a pair of chunky bunnies—but fluffly, cuddly baby chicks run a close second. Here's what summersanders has to say about these little darlings: This is a picture of my two baby chicks: the... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Open Thread for August 9

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 9, 2010
When faced with unprecedented genius, we Sparkitors often find ourselves at a loss for words. Now is such a time; as we are rendered speechless, we shall let the incomparable Jennifer F explain her photo: Because my mom is amazing, I went to Walmart... More  →
Open Thread for August 9

Open Thread for August 7

By EmmaAugust 7, 2010
Guess what! This ed's going to Bermuda in a few weeks! And she can't wait! A few questions: 1. Has anyone been to Bermuda? 2. If so, will you please share all your recommendations and secret amazing tips? 3. Does Bermuda have flowers like these pretty ones snapped... More  →
Open Thread for August 7

Worst Eras To Visit In Your Time Machine

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 6, 2010
Dig your dusty old time machine out of the garage and start hunting around for the owner's manual (as though anybody actually keeps those). At the end, right after the warnings about killing your own grandfather, there's an empty page that says "Notes." You're going... More  →
Worst Eras To Visit In Your Time Machine

What to Say/Not to Say to a Friend Who Just Got Dumped

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 6, 2010
Ah, relationships. I think Matt Groening summed it up best when he wrote, "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." It's never easy when an S.O. is suddenly... More  →
What to Say/Not to Say to a Friend Who Just Got Dumped

Love 'Em or Hate 'Em: Tips for Handling Your Teachers

By Ashley SpencerAugust 6, 2010
When you go back to the school in the fall, you'll have some control over your relationships with teachers. Whether you prefer hugging them after class or ending every semester with a stare-down is up to you. Here are our tips to getting on your... More  →
Love 'Em or Hate 'Em: Tips for Handling Your Teachers

The Friday Awards

By Emily WinterAugust 6, 2010
First off, an Emily Award goes to every single Sparkler who signed up for SparkLife Academy here. At the time this is being written by my pet hawfinch, Chauncey, who sits on my desk and pecks out... More  →
The Friday Awards

Auntie SparkNotes: Screw Perfect

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 6, 2010
We say "awnty"...and sometimes "ant-y." Because we're fickle weirdos (aka not perfect). —Sparkitors Hello Auntie! In your head, do you pronounce Auntie "ant-y" or "awnty"? I say awnty. Anyhoot, that was just an icebreaker. Since school is coming up in three and a half weeks, I just... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Screw Perfect

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 7

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 6, 2010
Chapter Seven: Unexpected Better Title: Totally Expected Bella's pregnant. We all knew it. And now Bella and Edward know it too. The chapter begins with Bella waking up in the middle of the night to find a note left by Eddie. He has slipped out to kill... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 7