Skip over navigation
Menu

Comebacks to, "Your Mom/Dad is HOT!"

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 15, 2011
Is your mom hot? Does your dad smolder? If you're like us, you have no idea. The truth is, we all see our own parents as lumps of shapeless, sentient clay that can drive and occasionally rock out to weird old music. It's... More  →
Comebacks to, "Your Mom/Dad is HOT!"

The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Citizen Kane

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 15, 2011
We've watched a bunch of awful movies for the SparkNotes Movie club, including Twilight and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, and my editor and I agreed it was time to cleanse the palate and watch not just a good movie, not just a... More  →
The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Citizen Kane

Showing Your Man Who's Boss

By ContributorSeptember 15, 2011
Scott-Free's made it all the way to Rule #15 and he's still awesome! —Sparkitors Rule #15: Don’t Tell Him What to Do. “Our friend Marcy was seeing Joe for a couple of months when he suddenly started to make weekend plans with his friends.... More  →
Showing Your Man Who's Boss

Hormones in Your Head

Laura, aka rosefan42, has finally explained to us why we never stick to our New Years Resolutions...—Sparkitors Fun fact time, Sparklers! Did you know that teenagers’ brains are going through massive changes as they adjust to adulthood? Did you know these changes start... More  →
Hormones in Your Head

11 Reasons Why Neville Longbottom is the BEST Harry Potter Character

MusicLove1594, we're pretty sure you're preaching to the choir.—Sparkitors Neville Longbottom is officially my favorite character in the entire Harry Potter series. I feel like more and more people are now recognizing his awesomeness (possibly because he got... More  →
11 Reasons Why Neville Longbottom is the BEST Harry Potter Character

LIGHTS: The Coolest Singer Ever

JustToBeQuiet gives us the low-down on Canada's brightest new star!—Sparkitors Canada’s musical reputation has been tainted of late. Sure, they gave us Nelly Furtado, Michael Buble, and Avril Lavigne, but these undeniable talents have recently been overshadowed by a certain juvenile heartthrob with... More  →
LIGHTS: The Coolest Singer Ever

The Four Stages of an All-Nighter

DINOSAURISHMIZZLEFRAPPLE takes us deep into the heart of darkness that is the all-nighter. –Sparkitors Why hello there, Sparklers. It's three in the morning down here in Texas, and I have got to say, life's a lot more bearable when you're sleeping. If any of you... More  →
The Four Stages of an All-Nighter

Ask a Teacher: Do You Like Assigning Group Projects?

By Mr. TocheSeptember 15, 2011
Q: Do you like assigning group projects?  If so, why? A: At the risk of sounding too emphatic, oh HELL no. It is, of course, highly probable that you will have to learn how to work in groups in your life. But do group projects actually prepare... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Like Assigning Group Projects?

Open Thread for September 15

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 15, 2011
Look! SparkLane! Prolife795 says she found this (awesome) street sign on vacation. When we finally start constructing SparkLife Academy, we're totally putting it there.... More  →
Open Thread for September 15

Choir Geeks of the World Unite!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 14, 2011
blah499 says, "These songs are choral pieces that have touched my heart. They are all absolutely beautiful. I'm sure my fellow Sparklers will appreciate something different because they all are amazingly different. Choir geeks of the world unite!" "Sleep" by Eric Whitacre. This... More  →
Choir Geeks of the World Unite!