Skip over navigation
Prom

Auntie SparkNotes: When Nice Guys Are Girls

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 18, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So theres this guy (isn't there always?). He's nice, funny, cute (yada yada yada), the picture of the perfect cliche crush. We share similar interests, friend groups, world views. Never before have I met a guy so easy to talk to. I would... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Nice Guys Are Girls

The Future Is Here—and I'm Totally Unprepared

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
LadyM is looking ahead, and the view is kinda terrifying.—Sparkitors The above title was selected for brevity’s sake, but a more accurate title might actually be: Reflections of LadyM, a Teenager on the Brink of Adulthood Who is Totally Freaking... More  →
The Future Is Here—and I'm Totally Unprepared

NBK in Alberta: THE DATE

LunarCircus has a scruffy love interest. Curl up with a plate of brownies and read all about it! —Sparkitors Bleurg. These past few days have been a whirlwind-and-a-half of emotion for me, Sparklers. First there were the Facebook messages, then there was the infamous Monday...... More  →
NBK in Alberta: THE DATE

Hilarious Quotes—by Theater Geeks

ladykaty347's collection of  hilarious quotes from the 2010 Colorado State Thespian Conference is further proof that theater geeks are absolutely insane—and we mean that as a compliment.—Sparkitors Theater kids are an interesting breed. We’re pretty weird to start with, but throw us all... More  →
Hilarious Quotes—by Theater Geeks

Depressing Holiday Things That Seemed Awesome Four Weeks Ago

By Lauren PassellJanuary 18, 2011
Christmas—it's crazy. You go from red and green to... blue all over? Sure, the post-holiday season can be depressing. After eating sugar cookies for breakfast and getting presents all day, it's tough to go back to the real world. (We still wake up each morning... More  →
Depressing Holiday Things That Seemed Awesome Four Weeks Ago

Life According to Ginger: Winter Break Lessons

I suppose the title of this post is misleading. I have YET ANOTHER WEEK before school starts, and I learned very little from winter break. Since I don’t plan on doing anything even mildly interesting this week anyway, I think I’ll just sum up my... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Winter Break Lessons

Why You've Got To Read Webcomics

blacktophat is about to get you addicted to a whole new kind of comic strip.—Sparkitors This is why you should read webcomics: because they are amazing. The End. Wait, you want proof? How dare... More  →
Why You've Got To Read Webcomics

The SparkLife Guide for N00bs

xXx_lola_xXx is an expert Sparkler, and a fantastic person to teach you the lay of the land! –Sparkitors Hello, Sparkler! No, not you, Sparkler who's written twenty blog posts and has been commenting on the open thread every day for a year. I'm... More  →
The SparkLife Guide for N00bs

Video War: Ke$ha Vs. The Script

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 18, 2011
Last week, we pit two impossibly classy and talented dames against each other, and you guys had a tough time deciding which lovely lady would take home the trophy. This week, we're making it  a little easier on ya: we're pairing a brash, bawdy... More  →
Video War: Ke$ha Vs. The Script

How To Fight Final Exams

i'm_a_walking_contradiction isn't about to let finals win this war. Y'all better go and get your armor.—Sparklers Just last week, my teacher dropped the "F" bomb. That's right, you guessed it: FINALS. In my opinion, finals pretty much annihilate  our right to life,... More  →
How To Fight Final Exams