Skip over navigation

SparkLife Superlatives

By ContributorDecember 8, 2010
bubbles396 has some questions for you. And by "you," we mean, "allllllll of you." —Sparkitors SparkLife Academy wouldn’t be complete without a yearbook, right? Right. What comes with a yearbook? Superlatives, that’s what. The ten superlatives below are what I cooked up in... More  →
SparkLife Superlatives

How to Go to a Party Alone

By Lauren PassellDecember 8, 2010
You probably won't make it 'till January without getting asked to a holiday party or two, and while they can be fun, you may have to go to one alone. Don't be scared! This is a great chance to make new friends. Play it cool,... More  →
How to Go to a Party Alone

Auntie SparkNotes: Pessimists, Go Home

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 8, 2010
Haters gonna hate, friends gonna make you feel miserable about your supposedly impending breakup. —Sparkitors Dearest Auntie, As so many letters begin, there’s this boy. He’s completely adorable, remarkably handsome, gentlemanly, empathetic, intelligent, unique, and I must have been a saint in a past life because he... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Pessimists, Go Home

10 Ways to Entertain Yourself When You’re Trapped in the Bathroom

By Melissa AlbertDecember 8, 2010
Sometimes you plan on doing something, but life gets in the way. For instance, let’s say you plan on watching Glee and then writing a Gleecap, but “life” decides that instead you’re going to pull the knob off the bathroom door as you’re attempting... More  →

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 8, 2010
Okay, so maybe I intentionally miscounted the votes on last week's Think Tank post, and maybe the majority of you wanted to give George and Fred those 2 million Galleons, but COME ON: look at the smile on Snape. Have you ever seen... More  →

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 8, 2010
Today's playlist was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler, and it's for all of you out there writing those fun college admissions essays.... so we give you the aptly named Indie Pop/Rock for Inspiration While Writing College Admissions Essays! 1. "Sick Muse"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 8, 2010
Last week's video inspired an outpouring of love from the Spark population at large, and even garnered several marriage proposals for newly-certified geek Daniel Radcliffe—who, it turns out, is even dreamier (and dorkier) than any of us ever imagined. Plus, there's no denying... More  →

When Super Glue Goes Super Wrong

By Lucy HutchinsonDecember 8, 2010
Christmas is the season of many things: peace, joy, plastic trees, sword fights with your siblings using those long cardboard tubes inside gift wrap rolls... It's also the season when even the least creative of people try their hand at some kind of home-made craft. People... More  →
When Super Glue Goes Super Wrong

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 8, 2010
So, we know Natalie Portman had to do about a gazillion hours of training for her ballet performance in Black Swan. But if she did a gazillion, then this lady had to have done about twenty gazillion... I mean, wow. Just... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 8

By Emily WinterDecember 8, 2010
Wow, this photo looks like it should be in The New York Times! swallowseaves, says... "Here is a picture of rows and rows of jellybeanz. I love to color organized things, so I made my friend take a picture of me... More  →
Open Thread for December 8