Skip over navigation

Open Thread for August 19

By Emily WinterAugust 19, 2010
A Mystery Sparkler says: I was bored to tears one night and I set off for the attic. Didn’t find much other than a box full of old candles and disfigured crayons. So I thought I could like make wax sculptures but it didn’t... More  →
Open Thread for August 19

The Playlist to End All Playlists: PART II

By ContributorAugust 18, 2010
Our last Playlist post got such an incredible response, we just couldn't resist doing a follow-up!—Sparkitors Random Songs You’re Gonna Love by blacktophattrust her, she knows what she’s talking about. The Third Temptation of Paris by Alesana More  →
The Playlist to End All Playlists: PART II

The Perks of Working at a Movie Theater

faith_in_abscensce's post made this ed so hungry that she's editing it from the vending machine. —Ravenous Sparkitor All summer, I've had a job at a movie theater. I expected it to be plain old work, nothing fun or exciting, just a way to make... More  →
The Perks of Working at a Movie Theater

The Ultimate Guide to Moving

NinjaViking, ninjas are not supposed to be this funny. —Sparkitors I'm a moving expert. I've moved five times, so you should totally believe everything I say and shouldn't suspect that I'm lying to you in any way, at all. You trust me, right? Right. When... More  →
The Ultimate Guide to Moving

Blogging My Workout

{Insert_Witty_Username_Here}, we feel your pain: we can hardly walk up a flight of stairs without sobbing tears of sweat.—Sparkitors Today, my mom forced my brother and me to do one of her 60-minute aerobics DVDs with her. What follows... More  →
Blogging My Workout

Scott Pilgrim vs. The Audience

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 18, 2010
If you've turned on your TV or your computer recently, you've probably heard of Scott Pilgrim. It's based on an award-winning graphic novel, it stars Michael Cera, and it's directed by the incredible Edgar Wright, the guy... More  →
Scott Pilgrim vs. The Audience

A Day in the Life of a Really Bored Mankler

charterkid188, try building a fort out of pillows and super-glue. That's what we always do when we're bored. —Sparkitors I, like many other people, enjoy the art of procrastination. This year, however, my procrastination backfired, and instead of affecting... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Really Bored Mankler

8 Reasons to Be Happy About Going Back to School

claire:), you just turned our back-to-school frowns upside-down. Maybe that's partly due to the fact that we don't ever have to go to school again, but we're gonna give you all the credit. —Sparkitors We're all... More  →
8 Reasons to Be Happy About Going Back to School

15 Reasons Why You Should Shower at Night

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 18, 2010
If you take a shower in the morning instead of at night, you’re doing it all wrong. If you’re fancy, and take a shower in the morning and at night, then stop reading this, because it doesn’t concern you. And this isn’t about afternoon showering... More  →
15 Reasons Why You Should Shower at Night

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 18, 2010
Before we get to this week's phenomenally awesome thing (starring the same dashing fellows as last week's hilarious video, which scored 8.43 on the Scale of Awesomeness), we'd like to answer a few questions posed by eyeyeyepatch: I've always wondered... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week