Skip over navigation

Open Thread for October 24

By EmmaOctober 24, 2010
falineaz's email and pic made us laugh, shudder, wince, and almost vom (baby guts cookies!!!), all in one glorious moment. She is probably a genius. This is Tobias Oliver Matthew, my flour baby from 8th grade Family Life class. He deserves to be on... More  →
Open Thread for October 24

Open Thread for October 23

By EmmaOctober 23, 2010
charmedgiirl14 sent in a request along with her pic: Could you ask the Sparklers for today's open thread for an idea of a good game to teach a class full of high schoolers involving candy (the game, not the high schoolers)? We have a few... More  →
Open Thread for October 23

Raking Leaves is Stupid

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 22, 2010
Raking leaves is stupid. It’s time consuming. It’s boring. It can make your back sore. So why do we all do it? The next time your parents, landlord, or evil headmaster asks you to rake leaves, use these arguments against this brutal act and you’ll... More  →
Raking Leaves is Stupid

Life According to Ginger: Midterm Report

By ContributorOctober 22, 2010
Midterms are done, and I’m home for fall break for a week! My school gives us a ridiculous number of breaks—we barely do any work at all. That was a joke. I have done more work in the past month and a half than I have... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Midterm Report

Nerdmance—It's Romance, For Nerds!

dramaKTO shares the secret to winning the nerd of your dreams! —Sparkitors For most people, flirting consists of batting a few eyelashes, smizing (thanks, Tyra), and a doling out well-timed hugs here and there. But for those saucy... More  →

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round THE END

By Emily WinterOctober 22, 2010
On the LEFT,  all the way from contribute@sparknotes.com, please give a eerily animalistic hoot and holler for FLAG NUMBER 29!!! Weighing in at a mere 401 pixels, Flag 29 is coached by Sparkler prolife795,... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round THE END

My Crush Is An Indie Guy

Thanks to beks405, we've now got a few indie crushes of our own—Zac Efron counts, right? —Sparkitors I can happily say that I've never had a thing for Taylor Lautner, Justin Bieber, or a cast member of a... More  →

Interview With A Sparkler: Round "Who ARE You People?!"

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 22, 2010
First things first: you guys are TRIPPIN'. We haven't seen an identity crisis this bad since the late, great Are You Harry Potter? debate back in June—and even then, no one claimed to be Chuck Norris. But alas, we have only ourselves to... More  →

Auntie SparkNotes: Fear of RejectING

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 22, 2010
Today, for the first time, Auntie advocates violent action. (She's just kidding, but still!) —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I've recently made friends with a guy in my class and he is a really cool friend. The problem is I think he likes me and I don't like him.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Fear of RejectING

A Life Without Harry Potter

We've got one question for pretty_little_writer: how have you survived this long with Harry Potter?—Sparkitors

Sparklers, I have a confession to make: I—cough—hanotierherernpottermmm. What’s that? You didn’t hear... More  →