Skip over navigation
Prom

Stock Photo Face-Off: The Photoshop Freakshow Is Still in Town

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 1, 2011
The last round of stock photos were so horrifying even our eyebrows were bleeding. A handful (pun!) of you wanted to give the third image a High Twenty-five, and the unibrowed caveman applauding with his feet caused you severe mental anguish, but the... More  →
Stock Photo Face-Off: The Photoshop Freakshow Is Still in Town

Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: POP QUIZ!

By ContributorApril 1, 2011
Faye needs your help, y'all! —Sparkitors Pop Quiz! You studied, right? Don’t worry, it’s going to be cake! It’s on BOYS. (I told you it was going to be cake, you know, like really old fruitcake from Christmas that you’re not sure you should... More  →
Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: POP QUIZ!

Vocab Word of the Day

By Chelsea DaggerApril 1, 2011
Let's dispense with the pleasantries ("pleasantries" are what Chelsea Dagger calls her feeble attempts at wit) and get straight down to business: yesterday's WINNAZ. The EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS for our favorite Sparkler/comment combos go to: classicsnerd3: Even... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day

Confidence Pants Stories: Diary Tales

This Anonymous Sparkler pulls out a hilarious confidence pants story from her childhood! —Sparkitors In light of confidence pants week, I decided to go hunting through my old diary to find a good story. And oh, did I dig up some dirt. I was a... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Diary Tales

Auntie SparkNotes: A Ditchin' Good Time

By kat_rosenfieldApril 1, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, OK, so I am a senior in high school. I only have a few more weeks of school left, and of the many traditions associated with second semester senior year is Senior Ditch Day. Some kids in my class planned it, and we... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Ditchin' Good Time

Confident vs. Cocky: Are You Wearing the Right Pants?

By Melissa AlbertApril 1, 2011
After a week of awesome and inspiring confidence pants stories, it's time to explore the dark side of empowering legwear. There are many articles of clothing that can easily be mistaken for Confidence Pants. There are Unwanted Honesty Trousers, which cause you to tell your... More  →
Confident vs. Cocky: Are You Wearing the Right Pants?

Confidence Pants Stories: If The Pants Fit

By Chelsea DaggerApril 1, 2011
grace_return7 gives a sweet shout-out to an amazing friend!—Sparkitors My friend James was always sort of a big guy, and one day he just got tired of it. He eliminated all fatty foods and drinks from of his diet, and he started going... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: If The Pants Fit

How Not to Misuse Your Confidence (Pants)

By Jon_SkindzierApril 1, 2011
Confidence is an admirable quality, assuming you know what you're doing with it. If you don't, you'll be just as bumbling and hopeless as when you lacked confidence, only louder. Know your boundaries, or else your confidence pants may as well be something classless and awkwa More  →
How Not to Misuse Your Confidence (Pants)

Never Been Kissed Michigan: IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?

thenameselodie is about to deliver the cliff-hanger of the CENTURY. You better buckle up.—Sparkitors This week I come to you from my grandmother’s house, where the Internet is sporadic and good food is scarce. In a fit of insanity,... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?

Confidence Pants Stories: Giving Blood

This Anonymous Sparkler put on her confidence pants and got to help other people! —Sparklers Last year I was just a sophomore in high school, and that's all I thought I would be. That all changed one April day. It was just a normal... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Giving Blood