Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 8, 2010
Today's playlist was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler, and it's for all of you out there writing those fun college admissions essays.... so we give you the aptly named Indie Pop/Rock for Inspiration While Writing College Admissions Essays! 1. "Sick Muse"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 8, 2010
Last week's video inspired an outpouring of love from the Spark population at large, and even garnered several marriage proposals for newly-certified geek Daniel Radcliffe—who, it turns out, is even dreamier (and dorkier) than any of us ever imagined. Plus, there's no denying... More  →

When Super Glue Goes Super Wrong

By Lucy HutchinsonDecember 8, 2010
Christmas is the season of many things: peace, joy, plastic trees, sword fights with your siblings using those long cardboard tubes inside gift wrap rolls... It's also the season when even the least creative of people try their hand at some kind of home-made craft. People... More  →
When Super Glue Goes Super Wrong

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 8, 2010
So, we know Natalie Portman had to do about a gazillion hours of training for her ballet performance in Black Swan. But if she did a gazillion, then this lady had to have done about twenty gazillion... I mean, wow. Just... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 8

By Emily WinterDecember 8, 2010
Wow, this photo looks like it should be in The New York Times! swallowseaves, says... "Here is a picture of rows and rows of jellybeanz. I love to color organized things, so I made my friend take a picture of me... More  →
Open Thread for December 8

How to Be Awesome: Goodbye Edition

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Say you're at your friend's house and it's time to leave. You don't want to be lame and just say goodbye all normal-like, do you? No. Of course you don't. You want to make your goodbye memorable; you want to make it important. You want... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Goodbye Edition

Blogging My Boy Diet: The Wall of Shame

By ContributorDecember 7, 2010
Why is Talie on this boy diet? As if two good reasons weren't enough, she gives us a third in this week's post. —Sparkitors Last week when I decided to kiss (NOT LITERALLY) Drummer Boy goodbye for good, I thought, "YES NO BOY PROBLEMS!... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: The Wall of Shame

Auntie SparkNotes: Kleptomomiac

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 7, 2010
What should you do when your mom's stealing? Auntie knows. —Sparkitors Hi Auntie! I have a problem, like everyone else who writes in to you, except my problem is someone else's problem. Namely, my mom's. You see, my mom is a thief. No, not the cool spy-kind, but... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Kleptomomiac

More Phrases That Make No Sense

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 7, 2010
As you guys have already noticed, English idioms don't make much sense. Our language is littered with thousands of phrases whose meanings have absolutely nothing to do with what they actually say, and sure, we understand them, but only because we've heard them... More  →
More Phrases That Make No Sense

Deadline Approaching for New Sparkler Post Badge!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Hey guys! You've all been sending in your submissions for the new Sparkler Post badge and they're looking good! But... we just wanted to remind you all, in case you forgot, the deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on December 8... so hurry up and send those... More  →
Deadline Approaching for New Sparkler Post Badge!