Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Confessing a Crush

By kat_rosenfieldMay 24, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, How's it shakin'? This is a weird letter to write for me. But I need your advice, because I can't really ask anyone I know without it being MEGA ZOMG AWKWARD SELFDESTRUCT X10000000. So here goes: I like this guy. I know, not the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Confessing a Crush

You Know You're From Plano, TX When...

By ContributorMay 24, 2011
Is Plano really this different from the rest of Texas, or do we just know nothing about Texas, mamajo8296? —Sparkitors You know you're from Plano, TX when... You’re not afraid to use coupons. Even if there is a blizzard and every other district has canceled... More  →
You Know You're From Plano, TX When...

Sweetest Proposal Ever?

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 24, 2011
I saw this for the first time about a year ago, but I have to share it because I love it as much now as I did then. I don't think anyone would ever turn down a marriage proposal if they were all this cool and... More  →
Sweetest Proposal Ever?

Bi Bi Love?

By ContributorMay 24, 2011
Lyra's still crushing on her BFF James, and now there are more complications than ever.  —Sparkitors An experiment: A man was told to wear glasses that would flip the world upside down. The man was quite confused for the first few days wearing the... More  →
Bi Bi Love?

How (and How Not) to Text Your Crush

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 24, 2011
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" is the phrase that may currently be running through your head. Why? Because after months of pining, you finally struck up a conversation with your crush... and scored his phone number! (If "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" is the phrase that is running through your head, you possibly just... More  →
How (and How Not) to Text Your Crush

Open Thread for May 24

By Chelsea DaggerMay 24, 2011
Andrea's ridiculously cute/creepy dog reminds us of The Exorcist—but in the best way possible, of course. Here's what she said: This is how you say "I love you" in Chihuahua. Don't you guys wish this bundle of hilarity could live at YOUR house? (: *Note: YES,... More  →
Open Thread for May 24

The Truth About College Life

By ContributorMay 23, 2011
My first year at college is done—I apologize to all who are still in school! I won’t gloat too much; I’ll just say that I DESTROYED finals week. It never stood a chance. My secret? This app, which lets you block websites... More  →
The Truth About College Life

What to Eat After Prom

By ShivaniMay 23, 2011
Shivani is from Colorado, just like Chelsea Dagger! Whoa! —Sparkitors Living on Colorado has so many perks, like mountains, attractive sporty people, dirtbiking, skiing, and delicious food. The weather usually makes that list, but it was an anti-perk this past week, mostly because we... More  →
What to Eat After Prom

How to Get Sexy, Wavy, Beachy Hair

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 23, 2011
Summer is a special time for hair, and the beach makes it so. No one ever talks about Sexy, Static-y Wool Hat Hair or Sexy, Gnarled Ski Lift Hair, or even Sexy, Limp Lake Water Hair. No. The look we all want is that devil-may-care,... More  →
How to Get Sexy, Wavy, Beachy Hair

Chivalry vs. Jerkiness

By ContributorMay 23, 2011
Scott-Free is blogging the dating guide, The Rules. Is his pen mightier than his Styrofoam sword? —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to Animated_Antipathy, who wrote a shining post on chivalry last week. It was so powerful that I decided to take up... More  →
Chivalry vs. Jerkiness