Search Menu
Menu

Auntie SparkNotes: I Want To Stop Being A Jerk

By kat_rosenfieldMay 7, 2012
Dear Auntie, I never have been one to beat around the bush. I have a problem, and I don't know how to fix it: I am a b****. I try to be nice to people, but I just can't. My sense of humor is sarcastic, dry, and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Want To Stop Being A Jerk

Ain't No Party Like an Anti-Prom Party

By ContributorMay 7, 2012
Metalhead fills us in on his totally rockin' weekend, which included dangerous amounts of cream soda and dancing. We're surprised he made it out alive.—Sparkitors Well, Prom came and Prom went, and I didn't go. But I made the weekend extremely... More  →
Ain't No Party Like an Anti-Prom Party

Worst Gmail Themes

By Valerie BurnMay 7, 2012
We love Gmail, and the fun themes you can apply to one’s account. Many of the themes are upbeat, colorful, and cute… which got us thinking, what if Google made terrible themes? Think about it: looking at images or effects of these things every day, all... More  →
Worst Gmail Themes

The Perks of Being a Collegiate Loner

Let’s get one thing straight: I am in no way against having friends. I enjoy the perks of collegiate loner-ness, but I wouldn’t mind a companion or two either. This post was written mainly to remind the collegiate loners (and loners in general) that being... More  →
The Perks of Being a Collegiate Loner

5 Reasons Why Summer Isn't So Great

If you find it increasingly difficult to roll out of bed in the mornings, or you often have the overwhelming desires to strip off most your clothes and jump into the nearest standing body of water, or you just want to sit around and do... More  →
5 Reasons Why Summer Isn't So Great

7 Nerdy Power Couples Who Give Us Hope

By Brandon SpecktorMay 7, 2012
We could argue that Adam and Eve were the first great dorky power couple. Chew on this image, if you will: Adam, lingering around all day with the Boss (not Bruce Springsteen [well, actually, maybe Bruce Springsteen]), talking his ear off with geeky questions about geogra More  →
7 Nerdy Power Couples Who Give Us Hope

The Avengers Review: Movie Stays Too True to Comics

By Eric GarneauMay 7, 2012
Marvel's blockbuster superhero film The Avengers opened Friday, and by pretty much any possible measure of success, including those both financial and critical, the thing's a massive hit. Yet I can't help but have a little trepidation over this $600 million monster. I totally see the... More  →
The Avengers Review: Movie Stays Too True to Comics

Open Thread for May 7

By SparkLifeMay 7, 2012
fearlessly13 says... So I sort of have this thing where I save every single Google Doodle I come across. I’ve been doing this for quite a few years, and I was looking at my “collection” the other day and decided to make... More  →
Open Thread for May 7

Open Thread for May 6

By SparkLifeMay 6, 2012
You're probably wondering why we have a picture of Emperor Palpatine up here, since Star Wars Day was two days ago. No worries, we shall explain. Today is Revenge of the Sixth day! Go celebrate the baddies! ... More  →
Open Thread for May 6

Open Thread for May 5

By SparkLifeMay 5, 2012
cece_fredzilla says ... "This one is all thanks to MIT. It's got this really epic video on how to work with pixel engineering with just a camera and a flashlight. Plus, the students who made the video explained the science behind it. THIS IS... More  →
Open Thread for May 5