Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: What Do You Do About The Students Who Just Don't Care?

By Mr. TocheDecember 26, 2011
Q: What do you do about the students who just don't care, or those who don't try at all? A: Sophocles once wrote that "Heaven ne'er helps the men who will not act." More recently (by which I mean in 1175 CE), a wit in the... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Do You Do About The Students Who Just Don't Care?

8 TV Shows You Need To See Before You Die

By ContributorDecember 26, 2011
yourmothershouldknow26 made THE definitive list of awesome TV shows. Did she forget anything? —Sparkitors TV has evolved quite a bit over the past 50 or so years; we've gone from the family-friendly shows like Leave It To Beaver or the Brady Bunch... More  →
8 TV Shows You Need To See Before You Die

Open Thread for December 26

By SparkLifeDecember 26, 2011
This might be one of my favorite Open Threads EVER; I mean, how often do you get a CHIBI-STYLE DRAWING OF YOURSELF?! I don't know what "chibi" means, exactly, so I'll let the artist, AnOctopusDream ... More  →
Open Thread for December 26

Open Thread for December 25

By SparkLifeDecember 25, 2011
MERRY CHRISTMAS, SPARKLERS!!!!!!!!! We love you lots!! ... More  →
Open Thread for December 25

Open Thread for December 24

By SparkLifeDecember 24, 2011
It's Christmas Eve! Will we get a puppy tomorrow?? Almost definitely not! What are you longing for that you probably won't get?... More  →
Open Thread for December 24

No, I'm Not a Cannibal, and Other Reasons You Should Eat More Liver

By ContributorDecember 23, 2011

We hear that organ meats are the next bacon. You're starting a trend, Skytreader! –Sparkitors

I eat liver. No, I'm not Hannibal Lecter, and no, it's not because liver is the only thing standing between me and dessert. I enjoy eating it.... More  →
No, I'm Not a Cannibal, and Other Reasons You Should Eat More Liver

Christmas Cards from Auntie SparkNotes!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 23, 2011
It's almost Christmas, Sparklers! And while I take a few days off to drink eggnog, eat cookies, and enjoy the spectacle of my parents attempting to wrangle the motherhulk of all holiday trees into a corner of the living room, I'd like to leave you with a little something: ho More  →
Christmas Cards from Auntie SparkNotes!

Operation Christmas: The Big Finish!

By ElodieDecember 23, 2011
Having read my previous posts, you might've come to the conclusion that Operation Christmas is toeing the line between "success" and "disaster." But that's not the case. I mean, sure, sometimes you trip on a gnome. Sometimes there's ice and your car fishtails... More  →
Operation Christmas: The Big Finish!

How I Ended up on a Facebook Fast

By ContributorDecember 23, 2011
We love the idea of a reverse New Year's resolution, I'mNiffy. Starting Christmas, we're giving up all ice cream till 2012! –Sparkitors I was just like you once, oh, so long ago: refreshing Facebook every 2-3 seconds, friending every somewhat attractive person I could... More  →
How I Ended up on a Facebook Fast

Ask Jono: When Guys Say "I Love You"

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 23, 2011
Dear Jono, I'm a freshman in High School, and I've recently begun my first foray into dating. It's been going ok so far, but I've been really confused by my last boyfriend and my current crush's use of the words "baby" and "I love you." I've never... More  →
Ask Jono: When Guys Say "I Love You"