Skip over navigation

QUIZINATOR: Remember When We Brought Sexy Back? Now It's Your Turn.

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2010
Just to clarify: this is not a quiz about Justin Timberlake. Why, you ask, groaning with disappointment? Because if it were, the answer to every single question would be "HOTNESS," and that kind of predictability would defeat the entire purpose of the Quizinator—which is to... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Remember When We Brought Sexy Back? Now It's Your Turn.

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

By Emily WinterSeptember 7, 2010
You may not know this, but SparkNotes has a (fictional) academy. It's either called "SparkLife Academy" or "SparkNotes Academy" (we're undecided). It is certainly not called "The Academy for Untethered Unicorns and Drippy Sea Hags," which the Board of Education deemed inappropriate because there... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1A

Electives You WISH You Could Take

By Pete CroattoSeptember 7, 2010
As much as you surely love "Naturally Occurring Rock Formations 101" and "War and Peace from a Nietzschian Perspective," we think we've come up with some elective classes that can outdo anything your high school is currently offering—and that includes "Advanced Cooking: Jell-O As An Arbiter... More  →
Electives You WISH You Could Take

How to Be Awesome: Kitchen Edition

By ContributorSeptember 7, 2010
Welcome back to jgrudzy's series, How to Be Awesome. So far we've taken six pieces of her advice, and we now have two new friends, a hit song on the radio, and a boyfriend (Justin Bieber's older brother, Buddy Bieber). —Sparkitors This one's relatively... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Kitchen Edition

Auntie SparkNotes: School-Switcher's Regret

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 7, 2010
You know what they say: the grass is always greener at someone else's school. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie, I did fifty bajallion tons of paperwork, took a super hard test, and did so much research that I think my brain has actually grown larger. I did all of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: School-Switcher's Regret

Genius Ways to Enjoy Cheez-Its, Other Than Eating Them

By Lauren PassellSeptember 7, 2010
Everybody loves Cheez-Its. In fact, they're so awesome that we have to wonder: Given the opportunity, what else could Cheez-Its accomplish, aside from being the perfect snack? Here at SparkNotes, we've been thinking that we might be selling them short by only eating them. Maybe we... More  →
Genius Ways to Enjoy Cheez-Its, Other Than Eating Them

How To Make Your Gym Uniform Look Cool

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 7, 2010
Remember when you wore your gym uniform to that party that one time, and everyone wanted your number and asked who your stylist was? And then you woke up, your forehead covered in ink from the math notes you passed out on? Because only in your... More  →
How To Make Your Gym Uniform Look Cool

Open Thread for September 7

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2010
Today's photo was sent in by willutakemehome, who wrote: I thought I might help kick off the new school year by sharing with you a photograph I call: "Summation of a Summer." Isn't that a supermegafoxyAWESOMEhot name for a picture? Why yes, it IS a... More  →
Open Thread for September 7

Open Thread for September 6

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 6, 2010
Dont_panic__42 sent us today's pic, along with the accompanying caption: This is what happens when: a) you don't get your daily dose of Cheezits. b)  didn't read Sparklife this week If that's true, we shudder to think what'll happen when you find out that the Sparkitors have... More  →
Open Thread for September 6

Open Thread for September 5

By EmmaSeptember 5, 2010
Take Joseph Gordon-Levitt, subtract a few years, add a dash of Buddy Holly and a pinch of smizing, and you get a dreamboat so fine and so underage, we're pretty sure we're already under arrest in some states (this guy can't be a day over... More  →
Open Thread for September 5