Skip over navigation

Pickup Lines for the Religious

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 31, 2011
Who wants to see religious people make fun of themselves? (Hint: the answer rhymes with "smeveryone.") Regardless of your religious affiliation, this video should make you laugh (that is, as long as you have the same sense of humor as me and 31,000 other people). This... More  →
Pickup Lines for the Religious

Open Thread for October 31

By SparkLifeOctober 31, 2011
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! In accordance with the spirit of the holiday, Pistaciosaregreat gives us a glimpse into the BONE-CHILLING, BLOOD-CURDLING world of college applications: Dear Sparkitors, I thought I'd say a little something about the British uni application process: it's horrible. When... More  →
Open Thread for October 31

The Site Will Be a Little Bit Broken Today

By EmmaOctober 31, 2011
Sparklers! Here is an important announcement. SparkNotes & SparkLife will be slightly incapacitated on Monday morning. Don't freak out if you can't comment on posts, log in, or see stuff in SparkCollege. You should still be able to read study guides and posts, thank heavens. Andrew... More  →
The Site Will Be a Little Bit Broken Today

Open Thread for October 30

By SparkLifeOctober 30, 2011
CayaKat created a foolproof way to find fellow Sparklers at school: 1) Print out poster-sized versions of this picture, 2) hang them up at school, and 3) wait for the Sparklebutts to come to you. Send your creation to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for October 30

Open Thread for October 29

By SparkLifeOctober 29, 2011
We wish we were little fishies, so we could swim through this glorious tank. Soccer2rules<333 explains: "This is a picture of my sister's fish tank. As you can see it has all the things needed for a fish tank: Spongebob's house and Squidward's house! it... More  →
Open Thread for October 29

Last-Minute Halloween Costumes

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 28, 2011
Oh no! It's Halloween and you don't have a costume! You spent weeks planning an elaborate mermaid costume made out of real mermaids, but you couldn't find a seashell bra. Or maybe you're already at the party, and for some reason still don't have an... More  →
Last-Minute Halloween Costumes

The Human Slingshot!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiOctober 28, 2011
Thanks to NettleFrog, I officially have something to add to my bucket list (right below sky diving). Does this look awesome or what?! Send your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
The Human Slingshot!

Creepin' on the Ginge

By ContributorOctober 28, 2011
After reading this post, mostly we're just glad that this anonymous Sparkler isn't crushing on us. —Sparkitors Red hair, green eyes, and broad shoulders... This is the short description of my lovely date to homecoming. In my eyes, it was nothing short of a... More  →
Creepin' on the Ginge

Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 10

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 28, 2011
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Madness of Mr. Crouch Better Title: Nobody Asks, "Where's Flitwick?" I'm gearing up for NaNoWriMo. To produce a novel in one month, I will need to write 2,000 words a day. That's doable. But for practice, I'm going to knock out this... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Part 10

Can Someone Tell Me Why These Things are Good?

By ContributorOctober 28, 2011
dac213 just committed SparkLife heresy. Can you change her mind? —Sparkitors I’ve read countless Sparklife posts, blogs, Facebook statuses, and other time-wasting things praising the relative merits of these things and I STILL DON’T GET IT. Can someone explain why these... More  →
Can Someone Tell Me Why These Things are Good?