Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Nerd at Nerd Camp

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2010
Sorry, iwanttobeforeveryoung, for forgetting your byline for 19 hours! —Sparkitors I'm a geek, a nerd, a whatever-you-want-to-call-me. My parents decided several years ago that I “was not being challenged enough” in school, so they signed me to be tested for some programs for gifted... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Nerd at Nerd Camp

How to Deal with a Friend Breakup

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 1, 2010
If you're really honest with yourself, you've got to admit that breakups can be kind of awesome: your friends surround you in a protective bubble of sympathy and ice cream, you finally have license to read your ex's bad poetry out loud in a pretentious... More  →
How to Deal with a Friend Breakup

September Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 1, 2010
You’re heading back to school, which makes this is a crucial month. What happens in the next four weeks will change your life and the life of your long-lost twin. (BTW: You have a long-lost twin. She’s nice, but kind of stuck up.) Read... More  →
September Horoscopes

The Committee of Cool: Darwin Deez

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2010
Good news, music fans: EMMA'S BACK FROM BERMUDA—and she's TAN. We here at the Committee of Cool have always said that a little bronze glow goes a long way in the complicated world of music video analysis, mostly because we here at the Committee of... More  →
The Committee of Cool: Darwin Deez

My Crush Is a Fantasy Character

kirbyfurby455, don't look at a current picture of your beloved Wesley. It'll depress you forever. —Sparkitors I confess, I am a fantasy/action movie junkie. I dig on BA guys who slice people in two. I have posters of the following characters chilling on my... More  →
My Crush Is a Fantasy Character

Curing the Youngest Sibling Blues

rebel_of_nowhere, do you actually have a brother who fish farms?! —Sparkitors In the words of Ron Weasley, “They expect me to do as great as the others, but if I do, it’s no big deal, because they did it first.” Yep, being the youngest kid... More  →
Curing the Youngest Sibling Blues

Voldemort Is Sort of Hilarious

merlinsbaggiestYfronts, there's really nothing to say here except: BAHAHAHAHA —Sparkitors Don’t get me wrong, I’m a total Harry Potter fanatic—but sometimes, I truly do wonder about that Voldemort character. He’s supposed to be... More  →
Voldemort Is Sort of Hilarious

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2010
It seems that Marcel the Shell made quite the impression last week: you people either wanted to adopt him or to put a toothpick through his eye (we're paraphrasing here, but you get the gist). Despite the controversy and several low blows (negative numbers, guys?... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Open Thread for September 1

By Emily WinterSeptember 1, 2010
We LOVE braised kids! Especially older kids, who've been marinating in Doritos and teen angst. Yummmmmm. Thanks, hanini_panini for sending us a pic of our favorite dish! hanini_panini says... Hi! So I went to this restaurant today, and saw this on the menu and immediately thought... More  →
Open Thread for September 1

How to Get Rid of the SparkNotes Stalker Using Twilight Torture

By ContributorAugust 31, 2010
LilyChrome and randomness2325 refuse to believe that "/account/" is as site glitch. *shakes head and walks away* —Sparkitors All you Sparklers have a stalker, and it's the same "person" stalking all of you. If you don't believe us, go to Manage Sparkfriends... More  →
How to Get Rid of the SparkNotes Stalker Using Twilight Torture