Skip over navigation

Megan's Life Lessons: How To Survive The Snow Apocalypse

By Megan PrietzelJanuary 24, 2011
Here’s a little-known fact: snow is cold. Here’s another, less obscure fact: being cold sucks hardcore. In fact, it sucks so horribly that it forces dozens of people into a state of winter hibernation in which they drown their discomfort in disgusting amounts of junk... More  →
Megan's Life Lessons: How To Survive The Snow Apocalypse

Auntie SparkNotes: Pretty Little Manklers

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 24, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I am a teenage guy, and I have a question about my girlfriend. I have read Sparklife articles about everything in relationships from flirting to kissing to deciding when to do the horizontal naked dance, but those aren't about my question. My question... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Pretty Little Manklers

The Sparklers’ Guide to Ex Etiquette

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011
jtjuvenile wants to help you get off the self-pity train, first stop Stalkerville!  –Sparkitors One of the most difficult thing about breaking up is that you never know quite where your butt is perched on the ever-shifting “Let’s just be friends” seesaw. No matter... More  →
The Sparklers’ Guide to Ex Etiquette

Awesome Person of the Week

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011
aleaffallsonloneliness wants to introduce you to the raddest redhead around; check her out!—Sparkitors Florence + the Machine is a fantastic band with an incredibly talented frontwoman named Florence Welch. I hope people don’t write her off as... More  →
Awesome Person of the Week

How To Be a Facebook Iconoclast

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 24, 2011
If you're a diligent hipster, you probably barely use Facebook as it is, except to register your approval of bands so indie that they have yet to play any music. But if you're true to the vague hipster code—or even if you've merely begun to... More  →
How To Be a Facebook Iconoclast

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2011
You guys, check it out: it's SparkLife's first gravity-defying Cute Thing! This photo (of the aptly-named Magic), was sent in by Becky<3Bazil, and we can't wait to see the captions you guys come up with. But before you start crackin' jokes, check out our... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 24, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by elektronical1 and it's called "Punk's Not Dead." 1. "Six Pack" by Black Flag 2. "Holiday in Cambodia" by Dead Kennedys 3. "Iggy and the Stooges" by Search and Destroy 4. "I Wanna... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 24, 2011
I sympathize with the creator of today's pick, because I could never understand the lyrics to "Come on, Eileen" either. At least now I can listen to this song and laugh! Send in your favorite things from the web to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 24

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2011
We're officially declaring today a national holiday, Sparkleheads. Why? Because it's Chelsea Dagger's sister's BIRTHDAY! She's turning the big 2-0, and since she's the most brilliant (5x smarter than Hermione Granger), talented (she can sing like the WIND), and beautiful (gorgeous red hair? killer blue... More  →
Open Thread for January 24

Open Thread for January 23

By EmmaJanuary 23, 2011
Another Sunday, another masterpiece from Anggik. e-cookies for everyone! If you'd like to see your pic on an open thread, send it to contribute@sparknotes.com for possible publication.... More  →
Open Thread for January 23