Skip over navigation

Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 4

By ContributorNovember 29, 2010
wakwy’s back with the most misery-laden Scarlet Letter blog yet. Get excited, people! –Sparkitors Chapter 5 Two weeks ago I asked for nickname suggestions for Hester. I almost went with “Dan Optimus Jedi Harry Ronny” (thanks, Chabelinni!), but Hester isn’t awesome enough to have Dan’s... More  →
Blogging The Scarlet Letter: Part 4

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 29, 2010
This is a photo of Chelsea Dagger, taken 10 seconds after she lapsed into the deepest tryptophan-induced food coma the world has ever seen. JUST KIDDING, you gullible, gullible fools. That isn't a picture of Chelsea Dagger—it's a picture of Molly,... More  →

15 Reasons Why Baths Are Where It’s At

By ContributorNovember 29, 2010
nycomic56 is blowing the lid off the bath-taking underground. –Sparkitors I’m sorry, but I can’t sit around watching the endless Shower Debate of 2010 while poor old baths have no one to represent them. Has everyone forgotten about baths, the... More  →
15 Reasons Why Baths Are Where It’s At

Open Thread for November 29

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 29, 2010
We're still too busy basking in the glow of the best Thanksgiving EVER to think clearly, so we're gonna let flyergirl13 do the talking today: Do you have to ask the butterfly to sign a waiver before it appears on SparkNotes? I'd ask it... More  →

Open Thread for November 28

By EmmaNovember 28, 2010
We got another pic from Sparkler and all-girls' dorm-resident emMCie! She says... Remember that picture I sent you from Halloween of the statue of Venus De Milo in my dorm dressed up as Lady Gaga? Well this week the costume bandit struck again!... More  →
Open Thread for November 28

Open Thread for November 27

By EmmaNovember 27, 2010
According to lia.lovegood, Sparky the horse "loves SparkNotes, and this is the expression he gets when it's the weekend and the only posts are open threads." Sparky the horse isn't the only one. We really miss you guys on the... More  →
Open Thread for November 27

9 Reasons the World Needs More Manklers

By ContributorNovember 26, 2010
maximumrandomness, might be the next Christopher Hitchens, but not if we can train it out of him. –Sparkitors What is a Mankler? For those who don’t know, a Mankler is a male sparkler. “Mankler” is one of those words that you find yourself... More  →
9 Reasons the World Needs More Manklers

Kid Foods We Still Love (and Some We SO Don't)

By Lauren PassellNovember 26, 2010
Now that Thanksgiving'S over, it's time to forget about stuffing and get back to other food—kid food. Remember those old lunchtime favorites that you would gladly trade your little brother for? Spaghetti O's? Capri Sun? Fruit By The Foot? In Kid World, those treats... More  →
Kid Foods We Still Love (and Some We SO Don't)

Interview With an English Teacher

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 26, 2010
Intrepid reporter Dan Bergstein has gone into the belly of a typical high school in Eastern Pennsylvania, where he interviewed 10th grade English teacher Mr. L (real name omitted because Mr. L doesn’t want to be fired). Dan asked Mr. L the tough questions, the... More  →
Interview With an English Teacher

My Crush Is a Twilight Character

By ContributorNovember 26, 2010
Vaneskera’s life is Twilight, and she doesn’t care what you think. –Sparkitors Yeah, yeah, I can hear you scoffing at me already, you and your superior literary tastes and your Dan Bergstein love. I’m not going to try to defend myself, I just think... More  →
My Crush Is a Twilight Character