Search Menu
Menu

8 Terrible Summer Business Ventures

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 7, 2012
Open your wallet. Is the only thing in there a currency from a country that no longer exists? Have a cluster of scientists appeared out of nowhere to study the black hole within? Do you actually not have a wallet because you sold it to... More  →
8 Terrible Summer Business Ventures

17 Ways To Convince Everyone You Love Animals Even If You Are Sort Of Meh About Them

By Lauren PassellJune 7, 2012
If you don't like animals, no judging, but there may be something wrong with you. Don't worry! Your shameful secret is safe with us. Do not admit this in public. People will hate you forever and TP your home and steal cookies from your cookie... More  →
17 Ways To Convince Everyone You Love Animals Even If You Are Sort Of Meh About Them

How Awe Can Change Your Life

By Melissa AlbertJune 7, 2012
According to a recent study, awe-inspiring experiences can actually expand your perception of time. We're not talking "this dip is awesome" awe, but "dread and wonder, the world is so much bigger than me!" awe. By making you feel you have... More  →
How Awe Can Change Your Life

Things To Tell Your Gullible Kid Sib

By Scott GreenstoneJune 7, 2012
Here's the thing; kid sibs were placed in this life, given mass and matter and breath in their lungs, for one purpose; to be persuaded that firemen live in fire hydrants. So as their older sibling, it is your solemn duty to make sure they... More  →
Things To Tell Your Gullible Kid Sib

Your Favorite Video Game Characters Bro Out in Disney's WRECK-IT RALPH Trailer

By Brandon SpecktorJune 7, 2012
We all knew that our favorite toys and cartoon characters are sentient beings who hang out at the Ink & Paint Club after hours, chatting about the hottest new stock colors and how much better The Simpsons used to be. Well,... More  →
Your Favorite Video Game Characters Bro Out in Disney's WRECK-IT RALPH Trailer

Open Thread for June 7

By SparkLifeJune 7, 2012
sydney8771 sent us this picture of the Atlanta skyline. Isn't it gorgeous? Send in your pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for June 7

A Sparkler Eulogy for Ray Bradbury

By ContributorJune 6, 2012
Every time an author dies, a heavily populated planet in another galaxy combusts. Well…hopefully not, but it still really stinks when a literary contributor to our society passes on! And thus dear Sparklers, I regret to inform you that science fiction extraordinaire, Ray Bradbury, died... More  →
A Sparkler Eulogy for Ray Bradbury

Which Celeb Wants to Dine With the Queen?

By Aislinn ShevlinJune 6, 2012
honestly one directions "one thing" is taking me back to teenage days listening to backstreet boys. i LOVE this song More  →
Which Celeb Wants to Dine With the Queen?

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Stalk Your Celebrity Crush!

By reidfaylorJune 6, 2012
FROM: NightOwlGirl14 I have a question that's been plaguing my mind recently—is it possible to emerge from finals unscathed, and if so, how? I ask you this: how can you defeat finals, if you cannot first defeat yourself? Finals, some say, are a kind of... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Stalk Your Celebrity Crush!

Make These Awesome Glitter Sunglasses

By ShivJune 6, 2012
I am a sunglasses junkie. I own so many pairs, in so many colors, that some consider it borderline obscene. I especially love candy-colored Wayfarer knock-offs, the ultra cheapies that can be found at the local drugstore for approximately 3-5 dollars. They’re excellent and More  →
Make These Awesome Glitter Sunglasses