Search Menu
Menu

Ask a Teacher: Have You Ever Taken a Pointless Class?

By Mr. JungJanuary 23, 2012
Q: When you were in school, did you ever take a class that you felt was utterly pointless to your life? If so, how did you get through it? A: Yes, indeed. In my experience, the feeling that certain things are utterly pointless to my life... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Have You Ever Taken a Pointless Class?

Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield: the Cutest Geeks in Hollwood?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 23, 2012
If we could trade places with anyone in the world (and Dan Bergstein and Boo the Dog weren't options), we'd go with Emma Stone, hands down. She's not only insanely gorgeous and indisputably talented, but also (as far as we can... More  →
Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield: the Cutest Geeks in Hollwood?

The Pre-Prom Workout

By Josh PeriloJanuary 23, 2012
It’s almost that time of year again! Yes, National Secretary Appreciation Month is almost here. But besides that, it’s almost time for prom. I know, I know. You’re all shouting at me in unison, “we have months to go before one of the... More  →
The Pre-Prom Workout

Open Thread for January 23

By SparkLifeJanuary 23, 2012
Ah, the sun. KailahKrayola225's yellow flower reminds us of the sun...which we haven't seen in ages, what with being locked away in the SparkNotes dungeon writing posts 23 hours a day. The things we do for you Sparklebutts...Send us more pics for the... More  →
Open Thread for January 23

Open Thread for January 22

By SparkLifeJanuary 22, 2012
We really love whichwitchiswhich?'s indie-raindrops-on-windshield picture. Can't you just see the way it reflects the anguish in our photographer's soul? And how each raindrop is a tear shed for crimes against humanity? And the blurred road, representing how unclear the path of life... More  →
Open Thread for January 22

Cheers To The 10 Best Geeks Ever

By Lauren PassellJanuary 20, 2012
Being a geek is way harder than it looks. It takes more than a vest and some glasses and some cheese-addictions and some suspenders and some tubas and some books and some sailor hats and the highest IQ ever but gosh do those things help.... More  →
Cheers To The 10 Best Geeks Ever

A Seinfeld Primer for the Uninitiated

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2012
WoodytheWoodChuck, you've been reading our diaries. There's always time to watch a show about nothing! –Sparkitors If you're the type of person who has, well, a limited number of friends, owns a TV, and has lots and lots of time—someone like, say, ME—then you... More  →
A Seinfeld Primer for the Uninitiated

How to Be a Nerdfighter

flyergirl13 has finally cleared up the nerdfighter mystery for us. Ready to decrease worldsuck?—Sparkitors In honor of Geek Week, I'm going to tell you all about the best kind of nerd culture there is. And no, I don't mean a culture of... More  →
How to Be a Nerdfighter

World's Worst Restaurants

By Josh PeriloJanuary 20, 2012
It seems like every day there’s a new, hip, and expensive place to eat opening up, asking us to pay Prince William prices for Kate Middleton-sized portions. And more and more of the happening restaurants are less about food and more about attitude and... More  →
World's Worst Restaurants

What To Eat When You Have Braces

For all you barbed-wire-toothed Sparklers out there, ShazamBam has got some great culinary advice!—Sparkitors It's Geek Week! You know what that means? It's time to wear your glasses and braces with pride! Although, let's face it; braces suck more than all the sucking it... More  →
What To Eat When You Have Braces