Skip over navigation

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 12, 2011
Warning: This video is incredibly creepy. I'm not sure why it's creepy. Maybe it's the drawings, or the whole spider thing, or the combination of everything. So admire today's pick (sent in by Aleyna22) for its creepiness and then go watch something funny to... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 12

By Emily WinterJanuary 12, 2011
Ewwwwww, Edward's Underwear!?! GROSS! How could you send us this, groogruxqueen?! Why would anyone want to read about Edward's underwear? I can't even stand to look at the title—oh. That doesn't say "underwear," does it? Freudian slip of the underwear, I mean eyes.... More  →
Open Thread for January 12

Video War: Adele Vs. Sara Bareilles

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 11, 2011
Let's get one thing straight: you guys LIKE Bruno Mars? Apparently, it's true: last week's comments have led us to believe that you find his soppy, sappy style of lyrical poetry to be quite endearing. Frankly, we're a little, er, aghast? Yes, that's the... More  →
Video War: Adele Vs. Sara Bareilles

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1F

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 11, 2011
Whew, Round 1E was a close one! Congratulations to all of the badges in the last round, but special congratulations to our winner, Badge #17! We'll see it again in Round 2... Today's badges put us at halfway through the voting for Round 1! (Yes, that's... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1F

Auntie SparkNotes: The Art of Loveless Choosing

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 11, 2011
Hello Auntie, For my entire life I've been expected to attend art school. It was always my dream to take studio courses in a nice university. I've always gotten pretty good grades and my highschool art teacher told me/fellow teachers/my parents that I have the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Art of Loveless Choosing

The Australasian Collective Perspective: Food, Glorious Food!

By ContributorJanuary 11, 2011
aditrs, 8blue_jay8, and hanini_panini think that pudding is Jell-O. Or maybe that pie is steamed custard? We're confused. Just read the post.—Sparkitors You may be wondering why it took three people... More  →
The Australasian Collective Perspective: Food, Glorious Food!

Chemistry Taught by a Nut

mrs.draco416's GPA is going to take a beating because of a lunatic. Sad! We didn't even know dunce caps still existed! —Sparkitors My chemistry teacher is a bit of a, oh what’s the word for it… NUT! She’s a nice person with a good... More  →
Chemistry Taught by a Nut

Stock Photo Face-Off

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 11, 2011
You might think the best part of writing for SparkLife is the weekly karaoke video conference with SparkLife headquarters. That's a close second (Miss Marm does a very convincing rendition of Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On"), but the best part is actually the... More  →
Stock Photo Face-Off

One Year, 100 Books: A New Sparkler Series!

Lonks the Writer is about to take on a huge literary challenge; think you can keep up?—Sparkitors Confession: I like to read. I know, I know: a Sparkler who likes to read?! I'm sure you've never heard that one... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: A New Sparkler Series!

Why Everyone Should Watch Psych

test_taker_12's favorite show is about to become YOUR favorite show.—Sparkitors As an avid follower of a number of television programs, I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty easy for me to become enamored with a... More  →
Why Everyone Should Watch Psych