Skip over navigation

The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Twilight

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 14, 2011
This was a long time coming. While blogging the four novels of the Twilight series, one of the questions I got most often was: Is anyone sitting here? But the most common question online was: When are you going to write about the movies? The answer: Now! I’m... More  →
The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Twilight

The End is Nigh: A Tribute to Harry Potter

By ContributorJuly 14, 2011
Amy, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. Thanks for everything, Harry!—Sparkitors For close to nine years, Harry Potter has been an integral part of my life. It has been the one constant through my roller coaster ride of an existence. It has... More  →
The End is Nigh: A Tribute to Harry Potter

The Return of Zefron: Blogging AVPM Part 9

PrestigiousTimeLady is back with another hilarious recap—and this time, there are bromance haikus.—Sparkitors Well narwhals, it’s been rad. I hope you understand the vast array of emotions and types of sweater vests I went through before deciding how to present a... More  →
The Return of Zefron: Blogging AVPM Part 9

You Know You're From Ithaca When...

Booty shorts, cold snaps, and universal peace: life in Ithaca sounds pretty good, SammyK. –Sparkitors I was shocked to see that no one had written a post about my beautiful hometown. This is an absolute abomination, I may have to go punch a duck,... More  →
You Know You're From Ithaca When...

Open Thread for July 14

By SparkLifeJuly 14, 2011
ShazamBam's husky Jericho is afraid of thunderstorms! We have only one thing to say to you, Jericho.... More  →
Open Thread for July 14

What It's Like to Chop Your Hair Off

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 13, 2011
Since I've been sharing pictures of my outfits—and by extension, myself—on SparkLife for the past few months, y'all probably know that my hairstyle of choice is a perky pixie cut (which occasionally veers into Lady Pete Wentz territory, depending on how long it's been since... More  →
What It's Like to Chop Your Hair Off

Step One: Girl Meets Girl

By ContributorJuly 13, 2011
BroccoliBiatch talks about life as a lesbian. — Sparkitors Hi there. I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such short films as Help! My Wife Is a Robot, and Hey! What’s That Smell? Just kidding. It’s Lilith again. Or Broccoli,... More  →
Step One: Girl Meets Girl

Auntie SparkNotes: Not Even If He Were The Last Man On Earth

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 13, 2011
Dear Auntie, Surprise, surprise, I have a boy problem. Not just any boy problem. This boy is tall, dark, handsome, funny, smart, charming, and ambitious. He also became my ex 1.5 years ago when he started dating my sister. They broke up almost a... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Not Even If He Were The Last Man On Earth

Everwild

By ContributorJuly 13, 2011
Lonks reviews another Shusterman novel—she just can't get enough of his paranormal thrillers!—Sparkitors Book #45: Everwild (The Skinjacker Trilogy, Book #2) Author: Neil Shusterman Reason for Reading: I really liked the other Shusterman novels I’ve read and the end... More  →
Everwild

So You Think You Can Dance, Huh?

By Aislinn ShevlinJuly 13, 2011
I haven't been watching this season of So You Think You Can Dance, but I was OBSESSED last year and my favorite girl, Lauren, won the whole thing! This audition of her's was one of my favorites. Should I be watching this season?... More  →
So You Think You Can Dance, Huh?