Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 3

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 3, 2011
Luna Lovegood sent us this epic masterpiece of Darren Criss doing the gLee sign, and we've just got to say: DANG, GIRL. You got SKILLZ. We tried to draw Darren once, but he came out looking like a tree stump with... More  →
Open Thread for January 3

Open Thread for January 2

By EmmaJanuary 2, 2011
So these cookies are in the mail on the way to the Sparkitor headquarters, right? RIGHT?!? *sobs and drools on keyboard* Dear Sparkitors, My friend atleastimflyingfree and I made cookies together, and all the reindeer and snowmen and elves were too boring, so we made...... More  →

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 2, 2011
Take it away, Bluebird_13! This is my pet chicken Puffy. She likes poetry, long walks at the beach, and dancing. But mostly, she likes pretending that she's a dog and enjoys digging up the garden. Dude, MAD PROPS on your naming skillz. Puffy is the... More  →

Open Thread for January 1

By EmmaJanuary 1, 2011
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Any year that starts with a drawing and email like this is guaranteed to be good.

Greetings Sparkitors,

I have always thought that Auntie SparkNotes cartoons looked like carrot-less snowmen with fully-functioning mouths and skinny bodies. Here's a... More  →

Open Thread for January 1

SparkStyle: Sock It To Me!

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 31, 2010
Bears and I have three things in common. 1. We both have brown hair. 2. We both like to hibernate in the winter. 3. We both like to wear really cute loungewear during said hibernation. ...All right, so maybe bears and I only have two things in common. But... More  →
SparkStyle: Sock It To Me!

Ask Kat: The Reluctant Rusher

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 31, 2010
Dear Kat, I found a college that I am about 99.9% certain I want to attend next year; it truly is the perfect fit for me. There is, however, one thing that has been bothering me about it. Now, I haven't spoken to anyone that actually... More  →
Ask Kat: The Reluctant Rusher

PigsFlywithEleanor's Twitter Survival Guide

By ContributorDecember 31, 2010
PigsFlywithEleanor is so hilarious that we can't believe she has fewer than a million followers. —Sparkitors Twitter. You've probably heard about it somewhere—maybe through your iPhone-wielding friend who's constantly posting stuff at school, or you could have an account yourself, on which you constantly... More  →
PigsFlywithEleanor's Twitter Survival Guide

The Top SparkLife Posts of 2010

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 31, 2010
Wow Sparklers... it's been a long year. Lots of things have changed on SparkLife (in a good way!), the number of Sparklers has multiplied by about a billion, and lots of great posts have been written. And we do mean lots of great posts. In case... More  →
The Top SparkLife Posts of 2010

Playlist of the Day

Today's New Year's Eve playlist, sent in by elektronical, is called Women Who Rock. I mean,who could ignore a playlist with that title? 1. "Gloria" by Patti Smith 2. "Maria" by Blondie 3. "Cannonball" by The Breeders 4. "Second Skin"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

It is very, very possible that you guys will find today's (last 2010) pick incredibly dumb, but that's okay. Why am I putting it up? Because I just have one question: Why did she record this video two and a half years early? Yup, that's right,... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day