Skip over navigation

Creative Ways to Ask Her to Prom

By SparklersFebruary 9, 2011
Fill a bunch of pink balloons with helium and draw pig faces on them. Put those balloons in a box and put a note on top of the box that says, “When will I ask you to prom?” and a note inside the box that says “When pigs fly!” Deliver the box to the girl. —6Karrot9 More  →
Creative Ways to Ask Her to Prom

Better Ways To Get To School

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2011
author4evr and NightOwlGirl14 are about to seriously upgrade your ride; anything with wheels is SO last year.—Sparkitors Who here loves mornings? Definitely not us! And after being woken up by  that obnoxiously catchy song, groggily stumbling out of bed... More  →
Better Ways To Get To School

5 Awesome Subcultures

bestlaidplans is our favorite new Sparkler; she's whip-smart, she's funny, and best of all, she sees the good in everybody!—Sparkitors

Hipsters have been taking a lot of flack recently—some of it... More  →

5 Awesome Subcultures

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 9, 2011
You may notice that I seem to have a love of destroying adorable, sugary food—or at least posting videos about it. But hey, who hasn't wondered what the most creative way to murder a marshmallow peep ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Tips for Being Single on Valentine's Day

rhymenocerous16 not only has the greatest username EVER, she's also got some pretty solid advice for coping with single-hood on February 14th.—Sparkitors As someone who has never had a Valentine’s date, I figured I'd be the perfect candidate for offering advice on how... More  →
Tips for Being Single on Valentine's Day

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 9, 2011
Is there any better way to start your day than with a picture of your four favorite dastardly dudes? Yes. There are lots of better ways. For example, it would be great to start the day without Chelsea Dagger breaking the cafeteria's magic coffee machine... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 9, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by Zoe Dee and it's called Awesome Songs That Describe Harry Potter’s Internal Struggle. "Superman" by Goldfinger "Consoler of the Lonely" by The Raconteurs "All My Life" by The Foo Fighters "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 9, 2011
Surprisingly, you guys weren't as averse to sociopathic llamas as we thought you would be; last week's clip scored a 7.61, which ain't too shabby for a video in which some guy's hands get eaten by a talking animal. We're hoping... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

Sparkler vs. Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol

So...did you like it or not, Blurabbit? We're trying to read between the lines! –Sparkitors The Lost Symbol is the latest tedious book by best-selling author Dan Brown. Mr. Brown has treated us to yet another roller coaster of... More  →
Sparkler vs. Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol

Open Thread for February 9

By Emily WinterFebruary 9, 2011
nycomic56 says... This is a groundhog (or a woodchuck, I don’t know the difference). In case you didn’t notice, its adorable. We say, we're nature-less New Yorkers. That looks like a... turtle? Octopus? Grizzly bear? Yeah, a grizzly bear to us.... More  →
Open Thread for February 9