Skip over navigation

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 26, 2011
Last week's musical spectacular may have only scored an 8.48 on the Scale of Awesomness, but we're predicting you guys are going to RIOT (in a good, giant-party-flash-mob  way, not a "French Revolution" way) when you see this week's clip, which was submitted... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

How to Dance: The Illustrated Guide

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 26, 2011
Here's one for the No Fun File: earlier this month, a Vermont school was forced to cancel its Winter Ball due to slow ticket sales... which, in turn, was a direct result of the principal telling kids that they couldn't grind at the... More  →
How to Dance: The Illustrated Guide

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by woodchuck911 and it's called "Happy Happy Joy Joy Love Songs." We love the title. 1. "Must Have Done Something Right" by Relient K 2. "Trouble" by NeverShoutNever 3. "Hey Stephen"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by NarniaSparks and it is amazing! "Why?" you ask. Two reasons: It's really funny. It's about a mime... except he really isn't a mime. Which makes the mime-ness so much better, since mimes... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 26

By Emily WinterJanuary 26, 2011
A castle! In... Illinois? Thanks, Mystery Sparkler. I had no idea there's a castle in my home state! ... More  →
Open Thread for January 26

What Does Your Extracurricular Say About You?

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 25, 2011
From 8:30 to 3:30, you go through the motions—the bell rings, the books open, and you begin to take notes, make good grades (we hope), and bring the teachers to their knees with your sharp, witty answers. But how do you stand out from the... More  →
What Does Your Extracurricular Say About You?

NBK in Alberta: The Brownie Batter Thickens

By ContributorJanuary 25, 2011
LunarCircus is back—and he's got updates! —Sparkitors Holy Mother of Brownies, Sparklers. You’re not going to believe this. I say... So much has happened over these past few weeks that there’s enough material to fill a whole season of 90210. I don’t watch the show,... More  →
NBK in Alberta: The Brownie Batter Thickens

What It's Like on Dance Team

Dancergirl78, we respect you. We couldn't even dance if we had, like, 100 feet. —Sparkitors If you’re in high school I’m pretty positive at one point in time you’ve looked at your schools dance team members and thought that you want to be them,... More  →
What It's Like on Dance Team

Unwhole: Chapter 4

DarkLite808 sent us her book Unwhole, and though we normally don't publish fiction, we were instantly hooked on this chilling Faery tale. —Sparkitors The next morning I got up early. Katie was still snoring away and, judging by the foggy light streaming through the... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 4

Ask Jono: Dudes Feeling Feelings

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 25, 2011
Wow, guys. I thought I was going to get, like, two questions, including the one I sent myself about where I put my keys. I got a bunch though! If I didn't get to you today, it's because your question was bad and... More  →
Ask Jono: Dudes Feeling Feelings