Menu

Open Thread for December 30

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 30, 2011
Dance.Girl.Sparkle's friend made her this rose out of Play Doh during their AP Physics class. Forgetting the fact that he is somehow able to not need to pay attention in AP Physics, is this thing not Super Amazingly Awesome? Is anybody else jealous?... More  →
Open Thread for December 30

Sparku for 2-0-1-2

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 29, 2011
Reciting poetry to impress girls is elementary, my dear Watsons. You know what will really impress that special someone you're hoping to vacuum seal your lips to at midnight on New Years' Eve? Reciting Sparku (that's SparkLife haiku, n00bs). Midnight Kiss I wait for midnight To... More  →
Sparku for 2-0-1-2

The Auntie SparkNotes Guide To Getting Dressed

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 29, 2011
Hi Auntie! I realize this isn't a very serious matter, but I hope you'll answer it anyway. I've always been a bit of a tomboy, and for the past several years my wardrobe has consisted mainly of hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, and Converse shoes. I also have... More  →
The Auntie SparkNotes Guide To Getting Dressed

Three NYE Outfits Under $20

By ApneetDecember 29, 2011
New Year's Eve is fast approaching, and this time I'm actually prepared! I've chosen three outfits I'd like to run around town in. Maybe I'll end up wearing them all. First on the agenda: a mashup of glam and casual. My plans are to attend a rock show, so a vintage tee and g More  →
Three NYE Outfits Under $20

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 5

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 29, 2011
Chapter Thirteen: Detention With Dolores Better Title: Saw 7 I didn't scream when Dumbledore died. I didn't shed a tear for Sirius or Moody. When one of the Weasley twins was killed, I hung my head but didn't moan. Those scenes are tough to read, but this is... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 5

The Process of Writing the Perfect SparkLife Post

By ContributorDecember 29, 2011
As one of our most prolific writers, Metalhead865 has a LOT of experience writing posts and gettin' 'em published—so it's a safe bet that his advice is right on the money.—Sparkitors As you guys know, I'm a pretty accomplished SparkLife contributor. I have... More  →
The Process of Writing the Perfect SparkLife Post

The Worst Dating/Relationship Fails of 2011

By Lauren PassellDecember 29, 2011
You think your love life was in the dumps this year? Waittillya read these unfortunate incidents of dating and relationships gone way wrong. So wrong, they went past wrong, back to okay, and back to wrong again. Cheers to 2012, a year of dating your... More  →
The Worst Dating/Relationship Fails of 2011

New Year's Eve Makeup Tutorial!

By Emily WinterDecember 29, 2011
This week, Lucero goes BOLD for New Year's Eve. We wish we could go back in time and re-do our false lashes from last year—they were a hot disaster compared to Lucero's. Enjoy! Loading the player ... jwplayer("sparkvid0").setup({ ... More  →
New Year's Eve Makeup Tutorial!

Tear-Jerking-Heart-Wrenching Music That Will Shatter Your Happiness

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 29, 2011
AloneApart has a good point, we think: Why listen to sad music when one's already sad? Well, sometimes there's no better remedy to heartbreaking sadness than connecting musically with songs that somehow understand exactly how one is feeling. Besides, the artists voice's of the songs selected are so harrowingly... More  →
Tear-Jerking-Heart-Wrenching Music That Will Shatter Your Happiness

Let's Avoid a Meat Coma Together

By ShivaniDecember 29, 2011
I think I’m suffering from a meat overdose. Christmas brought with it all things carnivores like myself find delightful, from chicken and turkey to ham, brisket, and fish—but now I need to distance myself. Too much of a good thing can be deadly. Also, all... More  →
Let's Avoid a Meat Coma Together