Skip over navigation

Genius Ways to Enjoy Cheez-Its, Other Than Eating Them

By Lauren PassellSeptember 7, 2010
Everybody loves Cheez-Its. In fact, they're so awesome that we have to wonder: Given the opportunity, what else could Cheez-Its accomplish, aside from being the perfect snack? Here at SparkNotes, we've been thinking that we might be selling them short by only eating them. Maybe we... More  →
Genius Ways to Enjoy Cheez-Its, Other Than Eating Them

How To Make Your Gym Uniform Look Cool

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 7, 2010
Remember when you wore your gym uniform to that party that one time, and everyone wanted your number and asked who your stylist was? And then you woke up, your forehead covered in ink from the math notes you passed out on? Because only in your... More  →
How To Make Your Gym Uniform Look Cool

Open Thread for September 7

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 7, 2010
Today's photo was sent in by willutakemehome, who wrote: I thought I might help kick off the new school year by sharing with you a photograph I call: "Summation of a Summer." Isn't that a supermegafoxyAWESOMEhot name for a picture? Why yes, it IS a... More  →
Open Thread for September 7

Open Thread for September 6

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 6, 2010
Dont_panic__42 sent us today's pic, along with the accompanying caption: This is what happens when: a) you don't get your daily dose of Cheezits. b)  didn't read Sparklife this week If that's true, we shudder to think what'll happen when you find out that the Sparkitors have... More  →
Open Thread for September 6

Open Thread for September 5

By EmmaSeptember 5, 2010
Take Joseph Gordon-Levitt, subtract a few years, add a dash of Buddy Holly and a pinch of smizing, and you get a dreamboat so fine and so underage, we're pretty sure we're already under arrest in some states (this guy can't be a day over... More  →
Open Thread for September 5

Open Thread for September 4

By EmmaSeptember 4, 2010
The Sparkler who snapped these clouds says, "This really looks like a rat." Maybe it's because we're woozy from hunger, but we don't see it. We say that big patch of blue is a puddle of maple syrup, and the little patch is a fried egg.... More  →
Open Thread for September 4

"You Go, Glen Coco!" Let's Discuss Mean Girls

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 3, 2010
Mean Girls is that rare comedy that lives up to the hype. Usually when a friend recommends a funny movie or book, he is over-selling it. (BTW: Hot Tub Time Machine isn’t that great. So stop telling me how great it is, Grandma.) But... More  →

Code Words For the New School Year

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 3, 2010
Hear ye! Hear ye! By royal order of the Sploggers and the Sparkitors, we hereby declare the following euphemisms approved for immediate use! Spread them among friends and classmates! Compound them to talk in code! And above all, use them to confound your parents and... More  →
Code Words For the New School Year

Auntie SparkNotes: B-Word Is the New Black

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 3, 2010
Today, we're all b-words! —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm a sophomore, and there's this boy who has a crush on me. That probably wouldn't be too big of a deal except that he's twelve and very, very, annoying. He's quite bright for his age, and he takes... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: B-Word Is the New Black

Fall into Fall with a Brand-New Look

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 3, 2010
With all the JCPenney commercials in heavy rotation, and Good Morning America segments featuring must-haves for fall, it’s impossible not be conscious of what look you’re portraying at school. Maybe you’re rocking jeggings, or maybe you like to channel your inner Hasselhoff and show up... More  →
Fall into Fall with a Brand-New Look