Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 15, 2011
Today's playlist is called "Ska-tastic." We hear ska's making a comeback. What do you think? "Such Great Heights" by Streetlight Manifesto "Beer" by Reel Big Fish "Another Drinkn' Song" by Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Somewhere in the Between" by Streetlight Manifesto "Paint by Numbers"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

One Year, 100 Books: Beautiful Creatures

By ContributorFebruary 15, 2011
Lonks has discovered the cure for Twilight-mania!—Sparkitors Book #11: Beautiful Creatures Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl Reason for Reading: I read Beautiful Creatures about a year ago when I got an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) from my friend’s dad, who reviews stuff for... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Beautiful Creatures

How to Deal With Your V-Day Fail

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 15, 2011
Okay, so what happened? Sit down and tell us all about it. What's that? We can't hear over all the hyperventilating. Your Valentine's day went badly? There, there, it'll be all right. Wait, you got a candy heart stuck where? Um. Never mind. No matter... More  →
How to Deal With Your V-Day Fail

Open Thread for February 15

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 15, 2011
We Sparkitors are instantly smitten with anything that has an abnormally large head, so we fell for havefuninhogsmeade's pet chinchilla as soon as we saw him. The best part? His name. We'll let hogsmeade explain: His name is Percy after Percy Weasley,... More  →
Open Thread for February 15

Life According to Ginger: Two V-Day Parties

By ContributorFebruary 14, 2011
Valentine's Day. I don’t get it. I don’t get how a holiday originally devoted to Roman Christian martyrs has turned into the monstrosity it is today. I don’t get why it has become an obstacle course for significant others. According to a conversation I overheard,... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Two V-Day Parties

SparkStyle: Straight From the Sixties

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 14, 2011
As a person who's interested in fashion, I have an absolutely ridiculous weakness for movies that involve elaborate, vintage-specific costuming. For real: even if a film is the dullest, schlockiest, most poorly-executed piece of crap ever to come out of Hollywood, if it features characters... More  →
SparkStyle: Straight From the Sixties

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2B

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 14, 2011
Congratulations to FLAG NUMBER 8, our winner for Round 2A! We're officially 1/7 of the way through Round 2! And don't you just love the big blue viking man? Doesn't he remind you of that guy in Big Fat Liar? All he... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2B

Ten Reasons You Should Go To Prom

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 14, 2011
Are you wondering if all the fuss over prom is really worth it? After all, you’d have to find a date, book a limo, get your hair, nails, and eyebrows did, and on top of all that, throw down some hard-earned cash, all for one... More  →
Ten Reasons You Should Go To Prom

One Year, 100 Books: Reckless

Lonks has 90 books left to read—here's to hoping she picks some good ones!—Sparkitors Book #10: Reckless Author: Cornelia Funke Reason for Reading: Inkheart (also by Funke) is my favorite book EVER. This is her newest book. Quote: The night breathed through... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Reckless

Blogging My Boy Diet: The Guy Who Ruined Everything

Why is Talie really on a boy diet? She gives us the whole back story in this special Valentine's Day column! —Sparkitors While pondering how to spend my guyless, boy-diet-y Valentine's Day, it hit me: tell my dearest Sparkledoodles the whole entire story of... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: The Guy Who Ruined Everything