Skip over navigation

The Profound Lesson I Learned From Getting Pantsed In Front Of My Crush

By ContributorMay 19, 2011
This hilarious story by mckenna has an "Appreciation Days" twist you'd never expect!–Sparkitors There I was, my face blushing the unfortunate color of a tomato, my hands shaking from gripping plastic rocks, my legs rooted to the ground, unsure of how to react... More  →
The Profound Lesson I Learned From Getting Pantsed In Front Of My Crush

How To Be an Awful Editor

By Emily WinterMay 19, 2011
So you want to one day be employed as an editor, eh? Did you know that being a great editor requires knowledge, patience, and professionalism? Yuck, yuck, yuck! It's plenty more fun to be an awful editor instead. Follow my lead: How to be an awful... More  →
How To Be an Awful Editor

Elodie Tackles "That Guy" (Figuratively, Not Literally)

By ContributorMay 19, 2011
thenameselodie wants to find love, but she's still hung up on a crush that just won't quit!—Sparkitors My senior year is winding down. Mock elections are coming up, grad party invites are being handed out like candy on Halloween,... More  →
Elodie Tackles "That Guy" (Figuratively, Not Literally)

Pick Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

By Chelsea DaggerMay 19, 2011
The moment has finally arrived, Sparklebutts: it's time to pick your SparkLife prom king and queen! This slideshow is filled to the bursting with adorable pics of all y'all in your finest prom frippery, and it's your job to pick which of your peeps deserves to wear the crown More  →
Pick Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

Open Thread for May 19

By Emily WinterMay 19, 2011
muffinsarejustbetter says this rock looks like a dinosaur head. And you know what? We totally agree. WE KNEW THEY'D BE BACK!!!... More  →
Open Thread for May 19

Freshman Year is OVER

By ContributorMay 18, 2011
Courtney Guth is done with her first year—we can hardly believe it! Time flies! *sniff* —Sparkitors The essay prompt asked me to describe my personal mantra and how it related it to my everyday life. I sat for a while and pondered. This was... More  →
Freshman Year is OVER

How To Appreciate Things (If You Are Kind Of Spoiled)

By Jon_SkindzierMay 18, 2011
We're all at least a little spoiled, in the sense that we're typing this on a computer and you're reading it on one (or on a phone that would have qualified as a secret government supercomputer a decade ago). Sometimes we all need... More  →
How To Appreciate Things (If You Are Kind Of Spoiled)

Top Five Reasons to Love Your Teachers

By ContributorMay 18, 2011
tbug15 loves teachers, and we can see why! —Sparkitors The Sparkitors asked us to write about something "spectacular" or "thrilling" for Appreciation Days. And while most people do not describe their teachers using either of those words, I think teachers deserve them. I say... More  →
Top Five Reasons to Love Your Teachers

Why SparkLife Is My Own Personal Brand of Heroin(e)

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 18, 2011
I was going to write my post for Appreciation Week about Emily's question mark-shaped butt, but Chelsea Dagger stole that opportunity from me, so now I've decided to write my Appreciation Week post on SparkLife and why it completes me more than Emily's... More  →
Why SparkLife Is My Own Personal Brand of Heroin(e)

Auntie SparkNotes: Free, Clear, and College-Bound!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 18, 2011
Dearest Auntie, I have a dilemma that hopefully your awesome advice givingness can solve! I am a high school senior about to go off to college. There was this girl I dated during my junior year who I had an awesome connection with. We were like... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Free, Clear, and College-Bound!