Skip over navigation

New Splash-Ups (SparkLife + Mash-ups)

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 27, 2011
You've probably realized that your Sparkitors and Sploggers are big fans of the portmanteau (that's Fancy Speak for word mash-ups). Around SparkLife HQ, creating new words is kind of a sport (sportmanteau). Our only other exercise during the winter consists of... More  →
New Splash-Ups (SparkLife + Mash-ups)

Thrifted Thursday: How To Shop In A Thrift Store!

By ApneetJanuary 27, 2011
When reading through comments on previous posts, I saw a lot of remarks like, "Wow, that's awesome, but I can never find anything like that in thrift stores in my area." Don't be discouraged! Thrift stores in smaller cities actually hide some of the best... More  →
Thrifted Thursday: How To Shop In A Thrift Store!

The Top Fell! Let's Fight About Inception

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 27, 2011
How are your brains? By now you should have all seen Inception for the SparkNotes Movie Club. If you haven’t, stop reading, because we’re about to get into some heavy-duty spoilers. In fact, if you’ve never seen Inception, you probably shouldn’t have read... More  →
The Top Fell! Let's Fight About Inception

Auntie SparkNotes: No Damnation For Participation

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 27, 2011
Dear Auntie, I am very involved my school's "chapel" community, as I think of it. I sing in the Chapel Choir (which means that I have to go to Sunday services sometimes), I get along well with the school minister, and I attend a sort of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No Damnation For Participation

15 Things To Do Before You’re Old and Boring

By ContributorJanuary 27, 2011
If Clairevoyagerfan thinks 18 is old, then we're practically senior citizens.—Sparkitors 18 is a frightening age: endless responsibilities are suddenly thrust upon you, and gone are the carefree days of youth when you could trolly-surf... More  →
15 Things To Do Before You’re Old and Boring

Rejected Prom Themes, 2011 Edition

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 27, 2011
Question 1: What's better than traditional prom themes? Answer: Almost everything, including scabies. Question 2: What's better than traditional prom themes as re-imagined by Chelsea Dagger? Answer: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, PRETTY MUCH. So here they are: 20 rejected prom themes. Feel free to suggest 'em at your school—but please,... More  →
Rejected Prom Themes, 2011 Edition

Guide to Prom Etiquette

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 27, 2011
Don't accidentally act like a jerk at prom. Read Jon's guide instead! ... More  →
Guide to Prom Etiquette

Inside the Closet of a Private School Girl

XCisSexy158 forgot to mention the 500 Twinkies and gallons of spring water in her closet. Unless...are we the only ones prepared for the apocalypse? –Sparkitors As I was getting dressed this morning, it occurred to me that looking inside someone's closet can give you... More  →
Inside the Closet of a Private School Girl

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Part 6!

thenameselodie's is kickin' it old-school style in Hawaii, but lucky for you, her sense of humor never takes a vacation.—Sparkitors First on today's agenda? Some clarification. A. “How do you pronounce your name?” ELLE-oh-dee. B. “WHY THE #$%& AREN’T YOU ‘ZEROING IN’ ON SPENCER? HE'S... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Part 6!

Terrible Ways To Ask Someone To Be Your Valentine

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 27, 2011
There are tons of great ways to ask someone to be your Valentine. Foremost among them is actually asking the person, with minimal trickery, and without assuming you need to play a guitar or break a bunch of laws. As long as you can say... More  →
Terrible Ways To Ask Someone To Be Your Valentine