Search Menu
Menu

Facebook Makes You Sad!

By Scott GreenstoneJanuary 24, 2012
Stop the presses! Facebook makes you sad. Since people on Facebook generally post pictures of themselves with happy smiles or laughing, making goofy faces or having fun, they project the image that they are happy people. According to studies, the more time you... More  →
Facebook Makes You Sad!

5 Things I Want to Do Before I Die

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2012
Carolinawren4, you are one ambitious son-of-a-gun, and WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU.—Sparkitors Life is short, and fulfilling goals is hard.  I mean, look at me! In my Official Life Plan, which ends with unicorns and rainbows, I was supposed to have published a... More  →
5 Things I Want to Do Before I Die

MORE Fashion Predictions for the Next Six Months

By Josh PeriloJanuary 24, 2012
It’s hard enough to figure out what to wear tomorrow, let alone trying to predict what the insane fashion trends of the next six months might bring. That’s why we at SparkLife are here to do the hard work for you. We More  →
MORE Fashion Predictions for the Next Six Months

Why You Should Quit Whining About High School

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2012
Sparkler Kimberly knows that most students would give anything to get out of high school—but she just wants to get back in.–Sparkitors According to the general consensus, high school sucks. Most teenagers would give it up in a heartbeat... More  →
Why You Should Quit Whining About High School

Terrible at Science and Math? The Internets (and the Green Brothers) Can Save You.

By Molly HoranJanuary 24, 2012
Without Bill Nye, I would know as much about science as societies that thought the earth was flat and bad weather meant the gods were super pissed. When I was 13, I didn't want to learn about centrifugal force or ... More  →
Terrible at Science and Math? The Internets (and the Green Brothers) Can Save You.

The Hunger Games...With Legos!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 24, 2012
Yes, it's true, we're terrible enablers and we're feeding your Hunger Games obsession. But we just couldn't resist this video LunyLovegood sent in... it's the Hunger Games trailer, but made with Legos! We love the terrible photoshopping and hilarious Lego expressions...and the fact... More  →
The Hunger Games...With Legos!

Coldplay: The Underbelly

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 24, 2012
AloneApart is here to show you the other side of Coldplay. Sure, you all know the pop version, but what about the  smoother, more emotionally powerful side? This is great for long car rides on rainy days. We have one more... More  →
Coldplay: The Underbelly

Open Thread for January 24

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2012
Today is a very special day indeed, butts; IT IS THE 21ST BIRTHDAY OF THE SMALLEST DAGGER, MY LITTLE SISTER MADELEINE. She is absurdly talented (think the voice of Sara Bareilles and the lyrical sensibilities of Ed... More  →
Open Thread for January 24

Auntie SparkNotes: How Do You Know?

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 23, 2012
Dear Auntie, I'm not the kind of person who throws around "I love you"s, though I've been in some serious relationships before. I'm now a Freshman in college and I'm fairly sure my boyfriend is very seriously in love with me - the kind that lasts... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How Do You Know?

Your Revised Reading List

By ContributorJanuary 23, 2012
Because the only things I did this week were decorate 24 cakes, do far too many dishes, and finish two books, this is a post about books you should and should not read. Books you should NOT read: 1. The Inheritance series, by Christopher... More  →
Your Revised Reading List