Skip over navigation

Open Thread for July 16

By SparkLifeJuly 16, 2011
It's summer, and it's Saturday! Time to throw on your preppiest sweater and pearl earrings and eat ice cream under a palm tree! ... More  →
Open Thread for July 16

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 15, 2011
Chapter Seven: The Boggart in the Wardrobe Better Title: The "Boggart" in the "Wardrobe." (Doesn't that sound like a euphemism?) Lupin is moving up on my list of favorite characters, and not just because I have an affinity for were-culture. This chapter features the famous Boggart scene, in... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Polished, Pink, and Preppy

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 15, 2011
In order to fully assimilate into my new home state, I am making a special effort to Do Connecticut Things—like eating white clam pizza, and pretending I don't like the Yankees, and attending Sunday polo matches where everyone dresses up in their preppy finery and... More  →
Polished, Pink, and Preppy

How to Give Yourself an Old-Fashioned Makeover (Or Die Trying)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 15, 2011
Modern makeovers are so easy and pain-free, they hardly present a challenge at all. Heck, anyone can buy some eyeliner, concealer, and new shoes. What you need is a challenge; something to return you to those times when makeovers required grit, determination, and just a... More  →
How to Give Yourself an Old-Fashioned Makeover (Or Die Trying)

Auntie SparkNotes: Sixteen and Pregnant

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 15, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So, let's get to the point: I'm 16 years old and 7 months knocked up with a girl, her name will be Elaine Rose. My mom wanted to name her Gracie Lynette, which I think is terrible, but that is beside the point.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sixteen and Pregnant

Angry Birds In Real Life

By Aislinn ShevlinJuly 15, 2011
I'll admit that I'm not the biggest Angry Birds fan (I can feel Emily glaring at me from her Angry Birds-themed cubicle), but Angry Birds in real life does seem very cool.  Thanks supertoasty613 for sending this in!... More  →
Angry Birds In Real Life

Street Style With Mark

By ApneetJuly 15, 2011
My friend Mark's style is a mix of vintage, street, and modern. We had fun walking around and shooting on the Lower East Side. After the shoot, we chatted about thrifting and Mark's thoughts on secondhand style. (Sunglasses, Ray Ban | Shirt, Salvation Army |... More  →
Street Style With Mark

How to Win Friends and Be Awesome in College

By ContributorJuly 15, 2011
Faye's blogging the college guide THE NAKED ROOMMATE. This week's topic: making new friends. Dun dun dunnnn! —Sparkitors Chapter 4 of The Naked Roommate is Harv’s How-To section on finding friends in college. According to Harv, these helpful DO’s and DON’Ts will keep you... More  →
How to Win Friends and Be Awesome in College

Help This Sparkler Make the Move to America!

radical__rebecca is moving from Puerto Rico to the states, and she needs your advice on fitting in. All we can say is sorry, dude, but none of us can explain Silly Bandz. They are one of our country's greatest mysteries.—Sparkitors My fellow Americans: How’s life? No,... More  →
Help This Sparkler Make the Move to America!

Identifying the Typical Teenage Girl

monicarima has widened her sights beyond bad Facebook behavior, and she's showing no mercy. –Sparkitors Many of you saw my previous post, on identifying your typical female Facebooker. But I don't want you to think that teenage and preteen ladies don't share... More  →
Identifying the Typical Teenage Girl