Skip over navigation

You Are Secretly In Love With Someone And We Want To Know About It

By Chelsea DaggerJune 10, 2011
June 20-24 is going to be the most magnificent week of your life. During those five days, you will be thrown heart-first into the sappy, sentimental event of the century: CRUSH WEEK ON SPARKLIFE. No one can escape Crush... More  →
You Are Secretly In Love With Someone And We Want To Know About It

Should This Sparkler Take AP Lit?

By Emily WinterJune 10, 2011
We recently got an email from a stressed out Sparkler who can't decide whether to load up on APs next year. We think she deserves some advice from the real schedule experts, you guys! Here's what she told us... I know school just ended (for me... More  →
Should This Sparkler Take AP Lit?

The Little White Dress

By kat_rosenfieldJune 10, 2011
Coco Chanel can jaw all she wants about the classic necessity of an LBD, but when it comes summer, no wardrobe is complete without at least one lightweight, eyelet-or-lace-detailed cotton or linen dress in fresh, sun-deflecting white. (Nope! Sorry! This is a non-negotiable Law of... More  →
The Little White Dress

A Discourse on Peanut Butter

By ContributorJune 10, 2011

When it comes to peanut butter, fabalafae ain't messin' around.—Sparkitors

My dear fellow Sparklers, I have a confession to make: I used to dislike peanut butter. Yes, yes, I know. No, please don’t e-mail the editors and tell them to suspend... More  →
A Discourse on Peanut Butter

You Know You're an Arab When....

DarkLite808 dedicates this post to muslimah8160. We love this post, but don't get #1. Is that really a thing? —Sparkitors You know you're an Arab when... 1. You never say "turn on the light." Instead, you say "OPEN the light." 2. A whole city can be... More  →
You Know You're an Arab When....

Things We Wish You Could Smuggle Into Graduation

By Rachel KorowitzJune 10, 2011
It’s graduation day! Woooooo! Celllll-uh-brate good times, shuhMOHN!!!! Thing is, before you get to the pics and the parties and the SUMMER, you have to schmance up and stuffily sit there in your new-yet-crappy robe. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could put that gown to... More  →
Things We Wish You Could Smuggle Into Graduation

In Defense of Bromance

TanTanTheLadieMan explains the manly alternative to BFFs.—Sparkitors Dudes, I've got news: though you may not realize it, you almost definitely are involved in a bromance (for a reference point, check out... More  →
In Defense of Bromance

Is Your Life BORINNGG? Flyergirl13 Can Help.

flyergirl13 pioneers the idea that when life hands you lemons, you should just make up new words like a crazy person. —Sparkitors Now that school is out, you're probably laying face down on the floor... More  →
Is Your Life BORINNGG? Flyergirl13 Can Help.

Blogging Shakespeare Camp: Capture the Flag and Catholic Prom

strangeNilikeit kicks off what's sure to be an awesome, Shakespearean-insult-filled summer with this new series! –Sparkitors Hi. StrangeNilikeit/Gwen here. Welcome to one crazy girl’s account of spending seven weeks rehearsing/performing Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. If you’re offended by teenagers doing classical theater,... More  →
Blogging Shakespeare Camp: Capture the Flag and Catholic Prom

You Know You're From Arizona When...

SomedayI'llBePartOfYourWorld has got culinary pride, the ability to withstand insane heat, and (this is just wishful thinking) a bolo tie for every day of the year. —Sparkitors In ecm8's recent article on life in Houston, she claimed that her city’s... More  →
You Know You're From Arizona When...