Search Menu
Menu

Book Review: The Book Thief

By ContributorJune 25, 2012
This week, dac is taking on a modern classic! Catch up on the rest of  her series here. Book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Synopsis: In Nazi Germany a young girl named Liesel Meminger catches the attention of Death himself, who is... More  →
Book Review: The Book Thief

These Kitchen Disasters Will Happen to You

By Melissa AlbertJune 25, 2012
Time to learn to feed yourself! We want to help you get over your fear of cooking, by explaining why you should have a healthy fear of cooking. Extreme temperatures, open flames, and shiny knives are only THREE ways your kitchen is trying... More  →
These Kitchen Disasters Will Happen to You

Auntie SparkNotes: I Hate My Custody Arrangement

By kat_rosenfieldJune 25, 2012
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, About a year ago, my parents split up and eventually divorced. Now both parents are getting remarried, but I'm fine with it. What I’m worried about is where I live. My dad lives in the house I've lived in since I was seven,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Hate My Custody Arrangement

REVIEW: Brave

By Tim WainwrightJune 25, 2012
Pixar has traded in robots and talking toys for bagpipes and flowing red curls in their latest, beautifully rendered feature, Brave. Written and directed by Mark Andrews and Steve Purcell, Brave is the story of Princess Merida (voiced by Kelly McDonald), a young Scottish Princess who... More  →
REVIEW: Brave

How to Hug

Hugging is a completely appropriate activity... most of the time. Sadly, it appears that there are a great number of people out there who just can't hug. And I mean that in the meanest way possible. Hugging is wondrous, and when people can’t do it... More  →
How to Hug

Let's All Talk About the Weirdest News Story Ever

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 25, 2012
Sparklers, this story is so weird that we're not really sure what to say about it, so we're just going to (try) to explain what happened: Kaytlen, a 13-year-old teen in Utah, was recently brought to court... for cutting off a toddler's hair. Kaytlen and an... More  →
Let's All Talk About the Weirdest News Story Ever

Why Flip Flops Should Be Illegal

By Ben ShurtleffJune 25, 2012
They’re too loud. Why are people in flip flops so oblivious to the noise they’re constantly making? You’re trying to concentrate on something when you hear the slap-happy approach of flip flops from the other room. So you gear up for the imminent presence of... More  →
Why Flip Flops Should Be Illegal

The 5 Steps of Losing a Pencil

If you are an average homework-doing, literate human being, you have probably at some point in your life experienced the traumatic event of losing a pencil. Seriously, which of you Sparklers have not experienced that maddening moment when your dear writing utensil, which you had... More  →
The 5 Steps of Losing a Pencil

Is Jane Austen YOUR Homegirl?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 25, 2012
Do you love Jane Austen? Do you wish you could live at Downton Abbey? Then this video is for you! Our favorite part? When the maid smiles and shows off her grill. Thanks, Xaniphia, for a good laugh! Was that not AWESOME?... More  →
Is Jane Austen YOUR Homegirl?

How to Get the Nickname You Want

By reidfaylorJune 25, 2012
Some people I know have had nicknames all their life, whereas some other people (ahem) have almost never had a nickname at all. At first, we thought it was genetic—some people just deserve nicknames more, it’s in their nature, they’re born with it. However, after... More  →
How to Get the Nickname You Want