Skip over navigation

Tips for Flyin’ Solo at Prom

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
rhymenocerous16 knows that you don't have to have a date to have the time of your life at prom! Preach, girl!—Sparkitors I’ve noticed that despite the vast collection of prom articles on SparkLife, none of them really... More  →
Tips for Flyin’ Solo at Prom

You Know You're From Cleveland, Ohio, When...

Ney_Ney92, you've got us convinced! Cleveland must rock! —Sparkitors Cleveland, Ohio, is often called The Mistake by the Lake. True, we're not perfect (just check out our sports teams), but I have lived in a suburb of Cleveland my entire life and am only... More  →
You Know You're From Cleveland, Ohio, When...

One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

Book #19: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) Author: Cassandra Clare Reason for Reading: My friends have been pestering me to read it for a while, and then I found a copy that was in pretty good condition in a secondhand bookstore a... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

What's Your Take on Rebecca Black?

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2011
Since last "Fryyyyyyday," Rebecca Black has had the Internet community in the palm of her 13-year-old hand. If you just got back from a casting call for a new show called Deserted Island: Head in the Sand and you're all "Huzawha?" about Rebecca Black, know... More  →
What's Your Take on Rebecca Black?

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 16, 2011
Today's example of musical education (brought to you by CaptainAbbey) is only semi-obscure. We hope you forgive us (we're pretty sure you will). Anyway, anyone ever heard of the Black Keys? Now you have! "Everlasting Light" "Strange Times" "Tighten Up" "I Got... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 16, 2011
Okay, I don't know much about sports, but I do know that if you're running toward a goal and no one from the other team is trying to stop you, that's a good indication that you're doing something ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for March 16

By Emily WinterMarch 16, 2011
This picture is EXTREMELY adorable. putyourrecordson says... Look! I made a collage out of Auntie SparkNotes photos! (It’s hard to tell that they’re Auntie’s photo’s, but I SWEAR ON HARRY POTTER they are!) Do you liiiiiiiiiiiiiike it? 8) "LIKE it"? Pshhhhaw. We want to... More  →
Open Thread for March 16

Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate French Toast

By ShivaniMarch 15, 2011
Shivani's first recipe features chocolate, butter, and bread. If it had bacon, it would be just about perfect. —Sparkitors Ahoy, Sparklers! Today I’m going to tell you about the glory that is chocolate bread. Chocolate bread is a sexy, magical food that goes down the hatch,... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate French Toast

How To Be a Mad Scientist

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 15, 2011
Lots of kids are drawn to science because they're naturally inquisitive; they want to better understand the natural world, and to do something that benefits humanity as a whole. These kids are dorks. Real science can only be pursued one way: madly. This has been the... More  →
How To Be a Mad Scientist

Making My Prom Dress: The Countdown Starts

By ContributorMarch 15, 2011
Whimzy is making her dress for Senior Prom, and we're really excited to see her final product! —Sparkitors Hello Sparklers! Whimzy here, resident dress aficionado and sewing extraordinaire. I have been sewing off and on since I was seven (I wanted to start when... More  →
Making My Prom Dress: The Countdown Starts