Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for June 12

By SparkLifeJune 12, 2012
This is kind of how we look during Books Week. Don't sneak up behind us, or you may find your face uncomfortably squished between two dictionaries. What, jumpy and excited? Us? Nawww. ... More  →
Open Thread for June 12

The Ultimate Book-Lover's Room

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 11, 2012
What's the saying? You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many books? We're not sure about those first two, but that last one sounds about right. If you, like us, are in the grips of a full-blown bibliophilia, you'll... More  →
The Ultimate Book-Lover's Room

Extremely Important Anne of Green Gables News

By EmmaJune 11, 2012
Oh my Gilbert Blythe, they're making a new Anne of Green Gables!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Sparklers, in an announcement that we can only assume was timed to coincide with Books Week, the CBC has said that they're working on a brand-new adaptation of the classic series... More  →
Extremely Important Anne of Green Gables News

The Embarrassing Book That Changed My Life

By Rachel KorowitzJune 11, 2012
I know you're going to want to fill my locker with dog food, steal my inhaler, and then give me a millennium of swirlies while doing the "why are you hitting yourself?" thing. I don't care. I'm still going to tell you that the book that... More  →
The Embarrassing Book That Changed My Life

H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

By Brandon SpecktorJune 11, 2012
We should've expected as much from the dude who got his start writing for Weird Tales magazine and is known today by top literary scholars as Cthulhu's Babydaddy—but seriously, you guys. H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter account is kind of insane. The muggy days and endless... More  →
H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

Top 5 Questionable Movie-Tie Ins

By Nuala McKennaJune 11, 2012
Heads up, Masterminds! Summer's here. That means in no time at all we’ll be heading to the theater to catch the latest summer blockbusters. These popcorn flicks always come hand-in-hand with the latest and (sometimes not so) greatest product tie-ins. In our quest to unearth... More  →
Top 5 Questionable Movie-Tie Ins

Book Review: The Demon King

By ContributorJune 11, 2012
Annnnnd here's another must-read review! Book: The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima Synopsis: There’s something rotten in the state of The Fells. Ancient tensions between the mountain clans, wizards, and non-magical valefolk are about to explode in a bad way, and two very different... More  →
Book Review: The Demon King

Check Out Ugly Red Carpet Looks from the Tonys!

By EmmaJune 11, 2012
Tony fashion this year were, for the most part, a total disaster. Click through to see all the hideous gowns and ill-advised facial hair! More  →
Check Out Ugly Red Carpet Looks from the Tonys!

The Book That Changed My Life: Walk Two Moons

By ContributorJune 11, 2012
Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech is a story with many layers—the main story is about Salamanca Tree Hiddle, who is on a road trip with her eccentric grandparents to visit her mother, who is in Lewiston, Idaho. This trip means a lot to Sal,... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life: Walk Two Moons

Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Boring and Conventional

By kat_rosenfieldJune 11, 2012
Dear Auntie, I recently realized that I am boring. My favorite food is pizza, my favorite ice cream is vanilla, my favorite color is pink, my favorite band is Coldplay, and my ideal vacation is a tropical beach. I also don't have anything going for me... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I'm Boring and Conventional