Search Menu
Menu

Current Events: Elections, Facebook, and the War on Women

By ContributorMay 24, 2012

Hello, my dear Sparklers! Lots to talk about today. But first, I’d like to address some comments about the bias in my previous columns. Um, note I said “column.” That means that I can put my opinions in if I want. And I

... More  →
Current Events: Elections, Facebook, and the War on Women

Your Fill-in-the-Blank Graduation Speech

By Janet ManleyMay 24, 2012
Fill in a word for each of the below, then soak up the commencement wisdom of your graduation speech! 1. Inanimate object 2. Inanimate object 3. Olympic event 4. Appetizer 5. Main course 6. Noun 7. Adjective 8. Adjective 9. Noun 10. Noun 11. Verb 12. Noun 13. Adjective 14. Noun 15. Something terrible 16. Number 17. Piece of equipment 18. Adverb 19. Verb 20. Animal 21.... More  →
Your Fill-in-the-Blank Graduation Speech

This Is What Happens When You Put Cupcake Batter in a Sausage

By Brandon SpecktorMay 24, 2012
If you're anything like us—and we know you are (our spies are everywhere)—the last time you sunk your chompers into the pillowy crust of a red velvet cupcake the first thing that barrel-rolled into your braingoo was, "This is ok, but I just know my... More  →
This Is What Happens When You Put Cupcake Batter in a Sausage

BOOK REVIEW: Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

By Paul KirschMay 24, 2012
I originally picked up Leviathan for a base and shallow reason: it has an amazing map. You can tell a lot about a science fiction/fantasy book by its map. The map is an artifact of the world into which you're about to submerge, and... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Why Baz Luhrmann's Gatsby Will Be AWESOME

By Josh PeriloMay 24, 2012
I remember the first time I saw Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo and Juliet (or Romeo + Juliet as it was billed). I hated it. Actually, I think that’s understating my reaction. I loathed it. I was studying acting at the time, and I thought I knew... More  →
Why Baz Luhrmann's Gatsby Will Be AWESOME

Open Thread for May 24

By SparkLifeMay 24, 2012
hermionerules5 says... "My little brother bought me Greek chocolate when his class went on a field trip to a Greek Festival. It was delicious!!" What a nice little brother!... More  →
Open Thread for May 24

My History Teacher Is Crazy, In a Good Way

By ContributorMay 23, 2012
My history teacher, Mr. Mead, is crazy. Here is a just a little of the nuttiness that takes place in his Modern World History Honors class. 1. All who enter get thunder clapped. If you are not in this class, congrats, you will get... More  →
My History Teacher Is Crazy, In a Good Way

Which Celebrity Doesn't Know How to Spell 'A Lot'?

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 23, 2012
I cANT stop writing music. Its AN ILLNESS. More  →
Which Celebrity Doesn't Know How to Spell "A Lot"?

What's Your Hungarian Name?

By ContributorMay 23, 2012
Everyone knows visiting Hungary is at the top of your bucket list. Don't deny it—we know it's true. But before you run off to the Land of the Rubik’s Cube, you should probably adopt a Hungarian-esque name. Just follow the directions below, and you’ll have... More  →
What's Your Hungarian Name?

Red Carpet Style at Cannes

By Chelsea DaggerMay 23, 2012
And no one is really sure what happens there, either—as far as I can figure, it's just an excuse for famous people to get gussied up and prance around the French Riviera, eating croissants made of gold and wearing million-dollar pants. While I do some investigative researc More  →
Red Carpet Style at Cannes