Skip over navigation

Halloween Week Tweets from Your Favorite Celebs

By Aislinn ShevlinNovember 2, 2011
"Warning to trick or treaters! A man was arrested last year for handing out razor blades stuffed with apples." More  →
Halloween Week Tweets from Your Favorite Celebs

Elodie's Advice for Aspiring NaNoists

By ElodieNovember 2, 2011
As a seasoned veteran of NaNoWriMo (with about as many failed attempts under my belt as successful ones), I can assure you that I’ve gone through all the phases—from “This is gonna be great, my plot is pure gold and life is like a Zac... More  →
Elodie's Advice for Aspiring NaNoists

RAPTORS: The Ferociously Flirty Game You've Got to Try!

By ContributorNovember 2, 2011
abbyblue is about to introduce you to a game that will almost DEFINITELY get you a date.—Sparkitors The most spectacular game ever invented is currently rampaging through my high school. This game is not for the feint of heart. It requires bravery, will... More  →
RAPTORS: The Ferociously Flirty Game You've Got to Try!

A Wannabe NBK Makes Her Case

By ContributorNovember 2, 2011
GiGiGrace has high standards for a first kiss, and she's not accepting BK status until they're met. –Sparkitors After reading TanTan’s post on NBK pride, I thought about how much I would love to be considered NBK. Really! My sarcasm hand is... More  →
A Wannabe NBK Makes Her Case

Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Make Exceptions to Rules?

By Mr. TocheNovember 2, 2011
Q: Do you ever make exceptions to rules, such as late work or cell phone policies?  And if so, when? A: It's a truism that nothing is certain but death and taxes. And that's how I feel about classroom rules. Really, there's no rule that can't... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Make Exceptions to Rules?

Open Thread for November 2

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 2, 2011
KTkat2416 says, "This happy guy is a coyote pup named Wiley that I and Mrdylansharp spent half the summer with. He's quite the escape artist, hence the name, and he is ALWAYS happy (unless you thwart his escape attempts)." We have just one... More  →
Open Thread for November 2

Auntie SparkNotes: Time To Talk

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 1, 2011
Dear Auntie, For the past three months, I’ve been dating a boy—let’s call him Steve. Steve and I have known each other for years, but only recently have we shared our mutual attraction. But I think we may have a slight problem: we don’t talk. Steve... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Time To Talk

Canvassing "Canvas" Style

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 1, 2011
This year, as I do most every year, I vowed to resist the siren song of New Fall Fashion. I vowed to avoid the mall; I swore off online shopping; I even told myself that this year's newly-minted trends were unspeakably lame and that I... More  →
Canvassing "Canvas" Style

How To Stay Fit When It Gets Cold

By Jon_SkindzierNovember 1, 2011
It's pretty easy to stay in shape in the summer, when the weather is warm, the sun is beaming down all bright and cheerful, and animals are frolicking around through the meadows, spontaneously making out with each other. Then the weather ... More  →
How To Stay Fit When It Gets Cold

Noveling Should Be a Verb

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 1, 2011
As you're starting NaNoWriMo (or just, you know, writing), give a listen to willwriteforhearts's playlist. This is the stuff that she plays while she's writing her current novel. What do you listen to when you're musing? “Misguided Ghosts”... More  →
Noveling Should Be a Verb