Skip over navigation

Let's Make a Sparkler Prom Site!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 13, 2011
It's January. Christmas and New Years have come and gone, leaving the rest of your school year bleak and empty with nothing to look forward to... except PROM! That's right, Sparklers, prom is coming, and we can assure you, it's never too early to start... More  →
Let's Make a Sparkler Prom Site!

How to Ditch Your Word Limit

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2011
We always thought of word limits as a gift from on high, but amaryllismoon couldn't disagree more.—Sparkitors Word limit: the phrase is enough to send any aspiring writer into seizures of terror. Sure, we can deal with page limits... More  →
How to Ditch Your Word Limit

Football Terms, And How Not To Use Them

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 13, 2011
The NFL playoff season is underway, which for some people means weeks of tension and excitement, and for others, confusion and dismay. ("Oh nooo! My team made it to The Big Game, whichever one that is. I hope they score so many footballs that nobody... More  →
Football Terms, And How Not To Use Them

The Greatest Companions of Doctor Who

Mogseltof is the most hardcore aficionado of the Doctor we've ever seen—and this post proves it.—Sparkitors

Let's get one thing straight: when I say "companions," I’m not talking about Amy, Donna, Martha, and Rose. I’m talking about all the companions, stretching... More  →
The Greatest Companions of Doctor Who

Megan's Life Lessons: How to Bowl Really, Really, Really Well

By Megan PrietzelJanuary 13, 2011
I’m basically incredible at bowling. My name is Megan Prietzel. One of those statements was a lie. (Hint: My name starts with a “Megan” and ends with a “Prietzel.” If you can figure out which statement is the lie then congratulations, you’ve won a direct... More  →
Megan's Life Lessons: How to Bowl Really, Really, Really Well

The Top Four Weirdest Chat Acronyms

Evana16, we totally, weirdly hear you on the pancakes & syrup thing. –Sparkitors I was on Facebook the other day (as I am 79.3% of the time), and one of my friends posted the following: "long day. hmu." And I was like, huh? First... More  →
The Top Four Weirdest Chat Acronyms

Playlist of the Day

Today's playlist was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler with the title "Songs which have no real connection other than they are my favourites (and no, I didn't spell 'favourite' wrong)." "Echo" by Vertical Horizon "Bulletproof Heart" by My Chemical Romance "The Letter"... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

Today's pick was sent in by Sparkler McKenzie_Me, and I like it for multiple reasons: 1) It's funny how they're both guys, but they both sound better when they're singing girls' parts. 2) If you watch their faces when they're not singing, it's like they're... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 13

By Emily WinterJanuary 13, 2011
Isn't my new dog Sparky getting CUTER by the MILLISECOND!?!? ... More  →
Open Thread for January 13

Confessions of a College Matchmaker: Tea Partayyyyy

By ContributorJanuary 12, 2011
Can tea parties be incredibly sexy? If emMCie's hosting them, yes. —Sparkitors It's a new semester on campus! And something else is new too: my roommate! My old roommate opted into a single, so one of my friends has moved in with me.... More  →
Confessions of a College Matchmaker: Tea Partayyyyy