Skip over navigation
Menu

Open Thread for December 16

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 16, 2011
Bookworm got a little bored and came up with this WICKEDLY AWESOME CRAYON ART. We wish our boredom scribbles were this cool... Here's her tips for how to make your own: Just glue the crayons and melt down with a hairdryer! Two tips, though. Use... More  →
Open Thread for December 16

Who Is This Lana Del Rey Person and Is She Awesome or Awful?

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 15, 2011
Wikipedia says, "Elizabeth Grant (born June 21, 1986), better known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, is an American singer-songwriter." But the Interwebkinz say, "Whooo? Whaaa? How? For realsies? Cool? *Facepalm*" From what we can tell, Lana Del Rey is the new darling of... More  →
Who Is This Lana Del Rey Person and Is She Awesome or Awful?

I'm Dreaming of a Campus Christmas

By ContributorDecember 15, 2011
Courtney Guth won't let a teensy dorm room and oodles of finals keep her from feeling merry! —Sparkitors It’s time to “Haul out the holly and put up the tree before my spirit falls again—for we need a little Christmas, right this very minute!”... More  →
I'm Dreaming of a Campus Christmas

Auntie SparkNotes: Birth Mama Drama

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 15, 2011
Hey Auntie, Ever since I can remember, I have known I was adopted. Throughout my childhood it didn't bother me at all, but now that I'm getting older I've been thinking about it more and more. I informed my parents two weeks ago that I wanted... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Birth Mama Drama

Cranberry Christmas Eyes!

In honor of Cute Christmas, Lucero brings us this adorable holiday makeup look. We especially love her pink lipstick! —Sparkitors Loading the player ... jwplayer("sparkvid0").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', file: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/video/sparklife/LuceroCranberryChristmas.mp4', ... More  →
Cranberry Christmas Eyes!

Santa's Twitter Feed

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 15, 2011
Did you know Santa live-Tweets his Christmas ride every year? Read on for a few choice excerpts from @KringleAllTheWay. KringleAllTheWay 20 Redbulls are a good start to the night, right? I swear, I should get a sponsorship deal. #hireme 10 hours... More  →
Santa's Twitter Feed

Maybe Vegetarians Really Know Their Stuff

HolyCereal is one hilarious carnivore.—Sparkitors Before I begin, I’d like to mention that I'm not a vegetarian; in fact, I’d faint if someone told me I could never eat a burger again. But in the middle of chowing down... More  →
Maybe Vegetarians Really Know Their Stuff

How NOT to Study for Finals

Zayz has some killer tips for those of you trying to cram your way through finals. Now go study! —Sparkitors That wonderful time of year, full of joy and merriment, is upon us once again. No, I'm not talking about Christmas— finals season!... More  →
How NOT to Study for Finals

How to Make High School Dances Not Suck as Much

Purplepheonix was inspired by Charlotteness's rant about high school dances, and she has solutions!—SparkLife High school dances truly are the stuff of nightmares, and not just because they are featured in so many Vampire Diaries episodes and horror movies. They fluster even... More  →
How to Make High School Dances Not Suck as Much

The Best Songs for a Bad Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 15, 2011
If you're taking finals this week, there are bound to be a bad day or two throne in there. So in honor of your scholastic torment, Just_me_Emily has made a playlist to help get your through. You can do it! "Bad... More  →
The Best Songs for a Bad Day