Skip over navigation

5 Reasons Hipsters are the Worst

By ContributorJanuary 28, 2011
keepcalmandcarryon, we're dying to sic you on Brooklyn hipsters. You'd have 'em weeping into their anachronistic arm garters! –Sparkitors Think I'm being too harsh? Don’t get me wrong. There's a time and a place for those people that we not so fondly refer to... More  →
5 Reasons Hipsters are the Worst

The Best Revolutionary Figures

kaity_ellen, you're hilarious. —Sparkitors Hey! WAKE UP! Stop snoozing through history class. Cause believe it or not you can have some fun learning about these good looking founding fathers (yeah, I bet that caught your attention). Paul Revere Is it me, or does he... More  →
The Best Revolutionary Figures

Auntie SparkNotes: The Politics of Gum

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 28, 2011
Dear Auntie, This isn’t really a huge dilemma, or even kind of a big one, but it makes me a little curious. I was just wondering if it’s rude to ask people for gum. Picture the following scenario: Random acquaintance: Hey! Is that gum you are chewing??... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Politics of Gum

5 Things That Bug Me About Pretty Little Liars

hpnerd1111 says she has a love/hate relationship with PLL. But this mostly focuses on the hate. —Sparkitors 1. ERRORS in the TV show As someone who read the books before the TV show appeared (“What? There are books based off the TV show?!”) the... More  →
5 Things That Bug Me About Pretty Little Liars

Boy Hunt: Double Success

Geeraff's latest installment involves pancakes and Justin Timberlake (kind of)! —Sparkitors Roar! Did you hear that? Because that was my roar of triumph! ROAR! And that was my roar of confidence! ROAR!!!!! That was my roar of “Geeraff is getting a donut with sprinkles today!” But... More  →
Boy Hunt: Double Success

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 28, 2011
Today's super fun playlist is called the "Bounce Around Your Room Playlist." "Do You Believe in Magic" by The Lovin' Spoonful "I'm Not Over" by Carolina Liar "Just For Tonight" by One Night Only "Something to Believe In (Jeremiah)" by Parachute "Find My... More  →
Playlist of the Day

How to Pick a Fave Superbowl Team Using Science

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 28, 2011
Although countless well-meaning dude friends and several annoyed boyfriends have tried to take me to impromptu NFL School, I've never managed to absorb football's many rules. When I look at a game, I see a bunch of enormous guys sometimes running and mostly jumping on... More  →
How to Pick a Fave Superbowl Team Using Science

3 Reasons Spaghetti Is Where It's At

unicornsarereal's real life nickname is MEATBALL?! That is so awesome. —Sparkitors Ever since the dawn of my time, I’ve been borderline obsessed with spaghetti. I was literally a meatball with fake spaghetti on my hair for three Halloweens in a row. My childhood neighbors... More  →
3 Reasons Spaghetti Is Where It's At

SparkStyle: Don't Look At My Head

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 28, 2011
This week's shopping trip was more than a pleasure jaunt; it was highly necessary therapy. Why? Because I have just gotten the Undisputed Worst Haircut Of My Entire Life—a haircut so terrible that nothing but the siren song of pretty clothes could salve the emotional... More  →
SparkStyle: Don't Look At My Head

Hate Scary Movies? Don't See "Unwind."

Vaneskera has got the low-down on a sure-to-be-scary movie; read if you dare!—Sparkitors Hello, avid movie fans! Are you waiting for the next potentially scarring movie (a la Human Centipede)? Well, I've got it: it's called Unwind. Don't panic yet; you won't be... More  →
Hate Scary Movies? Don't See