Skip over navigation

How (and How Not) to Text Your Crush

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 24, 2011
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" is the phrase that may currently be running through your head. Why? Because after months of pining, you finally struck up a conversation with your crush... and scored his phone number! (If "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" is the phrase that is running through your head, you possibly just... More  →
How (and How Not) to Text Your Crush

Open Thread for May 24

By Chelsea DaggerMay 24, 2011
Andrea's ridiculously cute/creepy dog reminds us of The Exorcist—but in the best way possible, of course. Here's what she said: This is how you say "I love you" in Chihuahua. Don't you guys wish this bundle of hilarity could live at YOUR house? (: *Note: YES,... More  →
Open Thread for May 24

The Truth About College Life

By ContributorMay 23, 2011
My first year at college is done—I apologize to all who are still in school! I won’t gloat too much; I’ll just say that I DESTROYED finals week. It never stood a chance. My secret? This app, which lets you block websites... More  →
The Truth About College Life

What to Eat After Prom

By ShivaniMay 23, 2011
Shivani is from Colorado, just like Chelsea Dagger! Whoa! —Sparkitors Living on Colorado has so many perks, like mountains, attractive sporty people, dirtbiking, skiing, and delicious food. The weather usually makes that list, but it was an anti-perk this past week, mostly because we... More  →
What to Eat After Prom

How to Get Sexy, Wavy, Beachy Hair

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 23, 2011
Summer is a special time for hair, and the beach makes it so. No one ever talks about Sexy, Static-y Wool Hat Hair or Sexy, Gnarled Ski Lift Hair, or even Sexy, Limp Lake Water Hair. No. The look we all want is that devil-may-care,... More  →
How to Get Sexy, Wavy, Beachy Hair

Chivalry vs. Jerkiness

Scott-Free is blogging the dating guide, The Rules. Is his pen mightier than his Styrofoam sword? —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to Animated_Antipathy, who wrote a shining post on chivalry last week. It was so powerful that I decided to take up... More  →
Chivalry vs. Jerkiness

How to Rock a Giant Bruise

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 23, 2011
You must have been in a nasty fight with a brick wall, because dude, you are BEAT UP. You've got a massive bruise ON YOUR FACE. And everyone can see it—including your crush who you sit next to in third period chemistry. Now you've just... More  →
How to Rock a Giant Bruise

Auntie SparkNotes: How Not To Be Creepy

By kat_rosenfieldMay 23, 2011
Hey Auntie! So I go to a small school, like 25-kids-in-the-graduating-class small. So the dating selection is a bit slim to put it mildly. This lack of a selection makes it difficult to date. I have given up on the girls in my school altogether. Most... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: How Not To Be Creepy

You Know You're an IB Student When...

Are all IB students as funny as you, idkwhy.really? That's gotta help with the five-hour sleep schedule... –Sparkitors Dun da na duhn! The day of reckoning has come: It is time for the IB students of the world to take over SparkLife. For those Sparklers who have... More  →
You Know You're an IB Student When...

Why You Should Drop Everything and Join Marching Band

Even 18-hour days at band camp can't diminish meganpikalvr12's love of marching band. That's the most convincing argument of all! –Sparkitors I'm in my high school marching band for my second season and just from one season I know it is the best sport... More  →
Why You Should Drop Everything and Join Marching Band