Skip over navigation

Open Thread for July 21

By SparkLifeJuly 21, 2011
The whole world is still crying over the end of Harry Potter. It's a good thing a Mystery Sparkler commemorated Ron Weasley in sand on the 15th. That'll be there for, like, ever. But seriously, very cute. Very sad. Very... excuse me while I'm bawl into... More  →
Open Thread for July 21

Mark Twain Has Some Suggestions For You

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 20, 2011
If you've never read Mark Twain's highly useful "Advice to Little Girls," this would be a good time to check out the illustrated version of these exceptionally fabulous lifestyle tips from the King of All Curmudgeons at the New York Review of Books... More  →
Mark Twain Has Some Suggestions For You

A Murder, A Bit of Shakespeare, And Some Very Bad Grammar

By Miss MarmJuly 20, 2011
zara9's protagonist disapproves of your monosyllabic word choices. But in a funny way! —Miss Marm My friend Shelly was guilty of murder. Not of any person, but worse; she was guilty of murdering the English language. Every time she opened her mouth to speak,... More  →
A Murder, A Bit of Shakespeare, And Some Very Bad Grammar

Introducing Google-

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 20, 2011
If you haven’t been invited to Google+ (don’t you just love the elitist nature of being invited to a social network) you’re not missing much. Google+ is like Facebook’s strange younger brother who wears sandals with dress pants because he desperately wants to look hip.... More  →
Introducing Google-

How To Improve Your Will Power

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 20, 2011
Will power isn't really a hard trait to develop. The problem is that people rarely picture the kind of will power that involves small, reasonable sacrifices, and instead imagine miserable diets, grueling exercise, punching meat, and otherwise starring in... More  →
How To Improve Your Will Power

Auntie SparkNotes: Kissin' Kissin'

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 20, 2011
Dear Auntie, Is your first kiss a big deal? I have never been kissed and I am going off to college in the fall. In the past, one of my guy friends has offered to make out with me in order to practice for college. I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Kissin' Kissin'

Dear Mr. Potter

By ContributorJuly 20, 2011
Lonks hits book 47 with a title we've never heard of—but we're so thankful she brought it to our Potter-lovin' attention!—Sparkitors Book #47: Dear Mr. Potter Authors: Various, Compiled and Edited by Lily Zalon Reason for Reading: I love Harry Potter. I’ve been... More  →
Dear Mr. Potter

Hilarious Travel Stories from a Jet-setting Mankler

Brian is hilarious, well-traveled, and always up for an adventure—did he just become our most eligible Mankler?—Sparkitors Traveling is awesome for a lot of reasons, but one of the best things about it is that if you've been all over the world, you... More  →
Hilarious Travel Stories from a Jet-setting Mankler

8 Things You Need To Stop Doing On Facebook RIGHT NOW

Conversegirlxc wants everybody to stop being annoying butt-clowns on the internets. Here's where we start humming "The Impossible Dream."—Sparkitors We are a generation obsessed with technology, so it only makes sense that we use computers to manage our social... More  →
8 Things You Need To Stop Doing On Facebook RIGHT NOW

The Summation of Harry Potter

By Aislinn ShevlinJuly 20, 2011
I promise this is the last Harry Potter pick this week, kleptotophat!  I couldn't help it!  This is AMAZING!  Thanks muffinsarejustbetter for suggesting... More  →
The Summation of Harry Potter