Skip over navigation

My French Adventure: I Capture The Castle

By ContributorMarch 21, 2011
LadyM is still in beautiful France, eating brioche, and we are still in rainy, gray New York, eating old gum. Hurrah.—Sparkitors The day started like any other; a little drizzly, but warm. I ate my usual breakfast (I alternate between chocolate chip brioche... More  →
My French Adventure: I Capture The Castle

You Know You’re from Pittsburgh When...

WhereTheStoryEnds, if the Strip District isn't what we're thinking, what is it? —Sparkitors Ah, Pittsburgh:  a city full of proud “yinzers” who love football more than life itself. You know you’re a true Pittsburgher when... You bleed black and gold. ... More  →
You Know You’re from Pittsburgh When...

SAT Essay Question: "Do You Watch Jersey Shore?"

By Miss MarmMarch 21, 2011
Well, kinda. The actual essay question was: Reality television programs, which feature real people engaged in real activities rather than professional actors performing scripted scenes, are increasingly popular. These shows depict ordinary people competing in everything from singing and dancing to losing weight, or just... More  →
SAT Essay Question:

One Year, 100 Books: Wicked Lovely

Lonks' challenge is officially 20% complete!—Sparkitors Book #20: Wicked Lovely Author: Melissa Marr Reason for Reading: My 7th grade Language Art teacher (aka one of the coolest people EVER) is teaching... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Wicked Lovely

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 21, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by an anonymous Sparkler with the assertion that U2 is one of the best bands ever. What do you think, Sparklers? "Where the Streets Have no Name" "Pride (In the Name of Love)" "I Still Haven't Found What... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Open Thread for March 21

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 21, 2011
Explain yourself, ez30yankee: It's a unicorn. Who doesn't like unicorns? Answer: Nobody. Not even Voldemort. He likes to drink their blood. I'm in a very sunshiney mood today. After that Voldemort joke, so are we. HAPPY MONDAY, SPARKLEFACES.... More  →
Open Thread for March 21

Open Thread for March 20

By EmmaMarch 20, 2011
faith_in_absence writes:

This is a picture of my dog Harley. He looks, innocent right? Well the other night he dropped his huge plastic bone on my head. But it's okay, he's super soft and cuddly so I still love him!

You can tell... More  →
Open Thread for March 20

Open Thread for March 19

By EmmaMarch 19, 2011
HOW DID YOU GET INTO OUR BEDROOM?!? Oh, that's a picture of asra71's adorable little niece? Our mistake! Send your cutie pie pics to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for March 19

Life According to Ginger: How to Pull an All-Nighter

By ContributorMarch 18, 2011
I’m sure most of you have pulled fun-filled all-nighters before. Maybe you stayed up all night watching movies, playing video games, laser-tagging with the Student Government, or generally causing mischief. Easy enough. I could pull a Lord of the Rings all-nighter in my sleep. Metaphorically. But... More  →
Life According to Ginger: How to Pull an All-Nighter

Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: OHHHH NOOOOOOOO

By ContributorMarch 18, 2011
Faye's got some bad news, plus a recap for those of you who just started reading her column. —Sparkitors If they ever make a movie about my life, I like to think it would be one part cliché teen movie, and one part Spanish... More  →
Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: OHHHH NOOOOOOOO