Skip over navigation

How to Enjoy Your Summer Without Dying a Horrible, Bloody Death

By Megan PrietzelJune 30, 2011
I love summer. The heat! The no snow parts! The sun that makes things not cold! It’s a magical time when walking around without shoes is not only acceptable behavior, it’s PAR-TAY BEHAVIOR! Feel like jumping face first into a giant cement block containing a... More  →
How to Enjoy Your Summer Without Dying a Horrible, Bloody Death

Open Thread for June 30

By SparkLifeJune 30, 2011
Will someone please write a poem about this dog? ... More  →
Open Thread for June 30

How to Make Your Waiter/Waitress Like You

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 29, 2011
The waiter/waitress–patron relationship is a delicate one. As a former waitress, I always want my waiter/waitress to like me. I want him/her to think, "That girl knows what it's like to be a waiter/waitress." I want him/her to go back into the kitchen and announce... More  →
How to Make Your Waiter/Waitress Like You

Auntie SparkNotes: Keep It In Your Interpants

By kat_rosenfieldJune 29, 2011
Hey Auntie, I've been chatting with this girl I met on an online video chat site, she doesn't have a camera, but she showed me some pictures of herself and even a video. All the pictures and video seemed to be of the same person. She... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Keep It In Your Interpants

Holding On: Chapter 12

By ContributorJune 29, 2011
In this chapter of willwriteforhearts' story, we're dying for Nick to reveal his secret to Sam—but will he ever find the courage to do it?—Sparkitors “Will you stop it?” “Stop what?” Nick’s been jittery since last night’s venture and he hadn’t bothered to tell... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 12

Does This Sparkler Have What It Takes To Get a Rhodes Scholarship?

a_larae91 wants to land one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world—and she needs your help to do it!—Sparkitors I was under the impression that... More  →
Does This Sparkler Have What It Takes To Get a Rhodes Scholarship?

Jenny's Summer Book Recommendations

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 29, 2011
There are times when it can be really hard to find a good book. Like around 12:30 a.m., when your local library and/or bookstore is closed for the night. Or when you're locked in a room filled with all the extra Twilight novels your bookstore... More  →
Jenny's Summer Book Recommendations

How To Act When You Run Into Popular Kids Over The Summer

By Jon_SkindzierJune 29, 2011
It's always awkward figuring out how to approach people from school in the summer months, though the problem is a little more pronounced with teachers. (Do they sit around all summer droning about supply-side economics to the dog? Almost certainly yes.) Other... More  →
How To Act When You Run Into Popular Kids Over The Summer

Lazy Summer Days: The Perfect Time to Fall in Love

TanTanTheLadiesMan has fallen hard—for a girl he's never even met. Ah, the things that happen on Lazy Days!—Sparkitors Darn it! If only my Lazy Day was once a week instead of biweekly, I would have had this article written... More  →
Lazy Summer Days: The Perfect Time to Fall in Love

Inside the SparkNotes Office!

Courtney Guth stopped by for a visit last week, and now she's here with a full report!  —Sparkitors My trips to New York City are often filled with spontaneous adventures and fun touristy stops at all the famous attractions. Throw in a few Broadway shows, and... More  →
Inside the SparkNotes Office!