Skip over navigation

One Year, 100 Books: Whip It

By ContributorApril 5, 2011
Book #22: Whip It (formerly published as Derby Girl) Author: Shauna Cross Reason for Reading: When I saw the movie (screenplay written by the author, Shauna Cross), I didn’t know there was a book until the closing credits. On principle, the book is always better... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Whip It

Which Confidence Pants Stories Were Your Favorite?

By Emily WinterApril 5, 2011
Farty Thomas here! JUST KIDDING. Well, sort of. So, Confidence Pants Week was last week, and we posted 7 trillion thousand short stories about Sparklers putting on their leg sleeves. Now that it's over, we want to relive it, and we command you to... More  →
Which Confidence Pants Stories Were Your Favorite?

Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 8

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 5, 2011
It's now 4 weeks, 4 days, 2 hours, and 39 minutes until Prom, and I'll tell you what, Sparklers, this author never ceases to amaze me. There is absolute poetry in her ironic reverse-foreshadowing as Tara and Jordan announce that all boys "are total pond scum."... More  →
Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 8

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 5, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS for yesterday's word go to: unicornsarereal: Me thinks Lord Voldemort looks effulgent doing the futterwacken. _LadyM_: I feel the need for a Buffy nod... thank heaven... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

Peeta and Gale Casting Officially Announced

By Miss MarmApril 5, 2011
We already know that soon-to-be brunette bombshell Jennifer Lawrence will play Katniss in The Hunger Games movie. And now there's schmexy guy news!Cute boy-next-door type Josh Hutcherson will play Peeta, and Miley's ex-bf Liam Hemsworth (looking like... More  →
Peeta and Gale Casting Officially Announced

Playlist of the Day for April 5

Today's playlist, sent in by yourmothershouldknow26, is called The British Are Coming... They Rock! but it came with the subtitle "Hug trees, they have less issues than people." We have to say, we agree on both counts. "House of the Rising... More  →
Playlist of the Day for April 5

Intern's Pick of the Day for April 5

Not only is the music in this video amazing, there are also cute guys and epic dueling-ness! Thanks Dimyana.... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day for April 5

Open Thread for April 5

By Chelsea DaggerApril 5, 2011
We figured that The Great Gatsby was pretty much the perfect pet for the Sparkitors, but then we saw saddleclubfan1's photos of GRYFFINDOR, his bad-ass mane, and his sassy attitude. Dudes, this is the horse... More  →
Open Thread for April 5

Life According to Ginger: The Best Spring Break in History

By ContributorApril 4, 2011
It’s FINALLY spring break, and I happen to have two weeks of it, so I thought I would take a road trip with friends down to Florida. It was fun and all—we got to go to the Harry Potter theme park—but then we realized that... More  →
Life According to Ginger: The Best Spring Break in History

What One Sparkler Learned From Confidence Pants Week

By ContributorApril 4, 2011
xdream&dox, you know we're suckers for thank-you notes! —Sparkitors Two Fridays ago I was browsing through SparkLife after school like I normally do and was enjoying all the articles when I happened upon a post that said that confidence pants week would... More  →
What One Sparkler Learned From Confidence Pants Week