Search Menu
Menu

The Book That Changed Me: Going Postal

By Scott GreenstoneJune 12, 2012
"They say that the prospect of being hanged in the morning concentrates a man's mind wonderfully; unfortunately what the mind inevitably concentrates on is that it is in a body, that, in the morning, is going to be hanged." Before I read these words, I had... More  →
The Book That Changed Me: Going Postal

What Your Leg-Shaving Frequency Says About You

By Janet ManleyJune 12, 2012
Every day: You shave your legs every day?! You, my friend, are presidential material. Really. We don’t even shower every day, let alone mow the same patch of lawn with regularity. We wait until the crop has had plenty of time to jimmy up some... More  →
What Your Leg-Shaving Frequency Says About You

Why You Should Be Reading the Young Wizards Series

By ContributorJune 12, 2012
The world of young adult fiction is lousy with fantasy stories—you can’t swing a shape-shifting cat without hitting several teenage magic users on an epic quest. Nonetheless, I must tell you that you simply cannot continue to live without reading the Young Wizards series by... More  →
Why You Should Be Reading the Young Wizards Series

The Book That Changed My Life: Twilight

By Dan_BergsteinJune 12, 2012
When asked which book changed your life, you’ll probably pick a favorite book, or a book that got you through a difficult time. Maybe you’ll pick a book filled with great quotes, or you’ll lie and say Moby Dick because that’s what you’re supposed to... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life: Twilight

Open Thread for June 12

By SparkLifeJune 12, 2012
This is kind of how we look during Books Week. Don't sneak up behind us, or you may find your face uncomfortably squished between two dictionaries. What, jumpy and excited? Us? Nawww. ... More  →
Open Thread for June 12

The Ultimate Book-Lover's Room

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 11, 2012
What's the saying? You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many books? We're not sure about those first two, but that last one sounds about right. If you, like us, are in the grips of a full-blown bibliophilia, you'll... More  →
The Ultimate Book-Lover's Room

Extremely Important Anne of Green Gables News

By EmmaJune 11, 2012
Oh my Gilbert Blythe, they're making a new Anne of Green Gables!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Sparklers, in an announcement that we can only assume was timed to coincide with Books Week, the CBC has said that they're working on a brand-new adaptation of the classic series... More  →
Extremely Important Anne of Green Gables News

The Embarrassing Book That Changed My Life

By Rachel KorowitzJune 11, 2012
I know you're going to want to fill my locker with dog food, steal my inhaler, and then give me a millennium of swirlies while doing the "why are you hitting yourself?" thing. I don't care. I'm still going to tell you that the book that... More  →
The Embarrassing Book That Changed My Life

H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane

By Brandon SpecktorJune 11, 2012
We should've expected as much from the dude who got his start writing for Weird Tales magazine and is known today by top literary scholars as Cthulhu's Babydaddy—but seriously, you guys. H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter account is kind of insane. The muggy days and endless... More  →
H.P. Lovecraft's Twitter Is Insane