Skip over navigation

More Phrases That Make No Sense

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 7, 2010
As you guys have already noticed, English idioms don't make much sense. Our language is littered with thousands of phrases whose meanings have absolutely nothing to do with what they actually say, and sure, we understand them, but only because we've heard them... More  →
More Phrases That Make No Sense

Deadline Approaching for New Sparkler Post Badge!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Hey guys! You've all been sending in your submissions for the new Sparkler Post badge and they're looking good! But... we just wanted to remind you all, in case you forgot, the deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on December 8... so hurry up and send those... More  →
Deadline Approaching for New Sparkler Post Badge!

So What’s the Deal with Hanukkah?

By ContributorDecember 7, 2010
Ever wondered about the history and traditions of Hanukkah? violet_hill1944 is here to fill you in!—Sparkitors

Hanukkah began on December 1st this year, and as one of the few Jewish kids

... More  →

Christmas Songs That Are Just Wrong

Zoe Dee loves Christmas, but when it comes to certain holiday songs, she can be downright Grinch-like.—Sparkitors

Apparently, it’s the Most Wonderful Time of Year again, and the air is constantly filled with music to... More  →

Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Go Holiday Shopping

The second installment in flyergirl's new series is even funnier than the first—plus, we now know the most effective way to kill our piggy banks. JACKPOT.—Sparkitors Holiday shopping is a stressful time of year, especially given the rough economy, which forced record numbers... More  →

Megan's Life Lessons: Safety First

By Megan PrietzelDecember 7, 2010
Not sure if breathing is safe? jedimastermegan's 'bout to set you straight.—Sparkitors I know I can't be the only person out there who has a hard time telling the difference... More  →

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2010
Today's playlist, sent in by dnteatmygoldfish, is called Songs that Make You Feel Like You're Getting Gassed at the Dentist's Office... and Really, Really Enjoying It. ...Not that we'd... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Video War: Passion Pit Vs. Phoenix

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 7, 2010
Well, last week's Video War made one thing pretty clear: Taylor Swift has more nicknames than anyone else in the universe. Are we jealous? Of course. We love nicknames. We eat nicknames like candy. But we really can't compete with Swifty, aka Tay-Swizzle,... More  →

Foolproof Homework Excuses

J. Phoenix just made our faces fall off. From laughing. Totally makes sense. Yep. —Sparkitors 1. It was confiscated for national security reasons, I can't say any more. 2. My imaginary friend borrowed it and never gave it back. 3. I transferred to a religion that... More  →
Foolproof Homework Excuses

Open Thread for December 7

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 7, 2010
Hey Sparklers, do you know what today is? Yes, it's Pearl Harbor Day. That's not what we're talking about. Okay, you're right, it's also the day that Deleware became the first US state to ratify the Constitution. (Why do... More  →