Skip over navigation

Design the New Sparkler Post Badge!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 1, 2010
You know that badge that shows up on the picture for every Sparkler post? The one pictured to my left? Well, we want to replace it. It's getting kind of old and tired, and it keeps bugging us to send it on a vacation to... More  →
Design the New Sparkler Post Badge!

Auntie SparkNotes: Little Cheaty Dreams

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 1, 2010
We had a cheating dream about R. Kelly two nights ago. And we're still mad at our alarm for waking us up. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, About three months ago I started dating an intelligent, funny, attractive and charming boy, that I will call Mr. X. We... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Little Cheaty Dreams

Confessions of an RA: The Roommate Experience, Part 2

By Lindsay PuvelDecember 1, 2010
We've discussed frustrating roommates and how to bend them to your will. This week, we’re going to explore the truly hilarious, slightly sad, and often bizarre breed of roommates known as: The Specials (because The Freaks seemed a little harsh). Specials, while they’re often... More  →
Confessions of an RA: The Roommate Experience, Part 2

SparkStyle: Scarfing Some Turkey

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 1, 2010
When I was a little kid, I dreaded the arrival of Thanksgiving. Not because I have a terrible phobia of yams and pie, but because it was one of the three times per year that my mother, despite my decidedly un-frilly fashion sense and registered... More  →
SparkStyle: Scarfing Some Turkey

The Best Night Of My Life—Not.

By ContributorDecember 1, 2010
Ashley_BAM was looking forward to the night of her dreams, but her Prince Charming turned out to be a butt-clown.—Sparkitors I live for high school dances: all the girls buy extremely short dresses and pile on the makeup, and all... More  →

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 12

By Emily WinterDecember 1, 2010
Chapters 17-19, Volume of the Deuce Jane Austen is a rule-breaking sonuvagun! (That's French for "son of a gun.") Lizzy Bennet's all like, "I've been back home for two weeks!" but she still hasn't told her sister the Darcy-related gossip. Finally, Lizzy and Jane get really old... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 12

The SparkNotes Gleecap: Season Two, Episode 9 (Special Education)

By Melissa AlbertDecember 1, 2010
WHAM. Looks like Sectionals snuck up on us all of a sudden, which sets the stage for some weird Glee Club partner swaps, both real and imagined. But all the betrayal, angst, and adultery you can fit in a green room couldn’t distract from the... More  →

Hilarious Quotes From Teachers—Round 4!

By ContributorDecember 1, 2010
Annie P continues the legacy of quote posts with some laugh-out-loud additions of her own!—Sparkitors After reading all the hilarious posts about quotes by teachers, I knew I had to write one of my own. There... More  →

The Dos and Don'ts of Hosting a Foreign Exchange Student

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 1, 2010
NarniaSparks recently asked us to do this post, and Jon obliged. Good luck with your exchange student, NarniaSparks! —Sparkitors If you're considering hosting a foreign exchange student, you're in for a great experience—you'll have the chance to learn all the things you've ever... More  →
The Dos and Don'ts of Hosting a Foreign Exchange Student

Movie Club Discussion: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 1, 2010
It’s strange talking about the last Harry Potter movie when the new one is fresh in everyone’s mind. For the record, I watched and enjoyed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, but didn’t love it. The look of these recent movies is fantastic,... More  →
Movie Club Discussion: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince