Search Menu
Menu

9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

By reidfaylorJune 15, 2012
I love to read, and for the most part, I tend to at least moderately enjoy every book I read. It is very rare I find a book without anything worthwhile in it, a book so amazingly bad it actually makes me angry. The worst... More  →
9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

Pitch Perfect Looks Like the Best/Funniest/Sassiest/Cutest Movie of the Year

By Emily WinterJune 15, 2012
The PITCH PERFECT movie trailer has dropped. And Jo. My. Jod. This is definitely going to be the best movie of all time. How do we know? Not only did we watch the trailer, but we've got INSIDE INFO. Yesh, this little weasel was ON SET during filming of... More  →
Pitch Perfect Looks Like the Best/Funniest/Sassiest/Cutest Movie of the Year

What's Jenny Wearing Today?

By EmmaJune 15, 2012
Our intern, Jennifer Grudziecki, is not only brilliant, sweet, and hardworking, she's so well-dressed it makes us sick. Yes, we're not ashamed to say we're deeply jealous of Jenny's wardrobe (and her personality, and her hair). But instead of just sitting here in... More  →
What's Jenny Wearing Today?

Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
If you watched the MTV movie awards, you know that The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is being made into a movie. And the cast is awesome. Harry Potter star Emma Watson joins Ezra Miller (Patrick) and Logan Lerman (Charlie) as Sam,... More  →
Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

6 Actors Who Will Always Be...

By Scott GreenstoneJune 15, 2012
You know when "that actor" appears on screen? You bounce up and down on the couch like a sex-crazed meerkat and shout "Oh! Oh! It's—it's—it's—that guy who played BLANK!" Or, just "It's BLANK!" Some people are never going to be anyone other than that one famous... More  →
6 Actors Who Will Always Be...

Open Thread for June 15

By SparkLifeJune 15, 2012
TheWrongWriteTrack says... My sister (WhiteLadyEowyn) and I were being weird one night - I gave her a choice of 3 random things she could draw for me and this was one of them. Actually, she promised that she'd attept all of them (so far she's... More  →
Open Thread for June 15

The Book That Changed My Life... And My Underwear

By kat_rosenfieldJune 14, 2012
I have always loved a good scare. Horror movies, eerie shows, haunted hayrides at Halloween-time featuring random rednecks jumping out of a cornfield dressed up as real, actual zombies and being all, “Yar! Brains!”: these are a few of my favorite things. But my favorite... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life... And My Underwear

Why I Hate the Invisible Man (Not "Invisible Man")

By ContributorJune 14, 2012
It's obvious that we Sparklers love books of all kinds. We take honors English courses just so we can use the excuse "Uhh...I'm only reading this for class. Psh!" before digging in to all those stuffy classic novels with glee. That in mind, imagine my... More  →
Why I Hate the Invisible Man (Not "Invisible Man")

Super Cool High School Dance Video

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 14, 2012
Yes, it's another dance video featuring high school kids on a high school campus. BUT IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME. Why is this video so much better than everyone else's? Here's a few reasons: The dude dancing is totally adorkable. His hair, his dance moves, his clothes... The editing... More  →
Super Cool High School Dance Video

Fiction Writing Challenge: Asteroid Mining

By Allison EmmJune 14, 2012
Congratulations JMKhungergamesfan, your battle of man vs. machine is depicted above. You’ve got two rebels tossing a grenade at the totalitarian government’s mind controlled droid. Oh, the robot carnage! If droids ever do try to take over the country, you can count on me to... More  →
Fiction Writing Challenge: Asteroid Mining