Search Menu
Menu

The Best Lines from Harry Potter

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2012
Hippogriff_Hugger sent us this lovely video, and it almost makes us want to cry...ah, I have to say, the cast picks well—these are some fantastic lines from the Harry Potter movies, and they make me wish I could go back and watch all... More  →
The Best Lines from Harry Potter

Open Thread for January 19

By SparkLifeJanuary 19, 2012
It's a cold, dark, rainy/snowy January here in New York City, and Turq8 sends us this gorgeous picture. Are you trying to make us jealous? Because you succeeded. Why don't we live in beautiful Hawaii with beautiful sunsets and warmth and palm trees... More  →
Open Thread for January 19

Rachel's Geekiest Moment

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 18, 2012
In college, I was a dual minor in Latin and Medieval Studies. (Geek-Strike One.) My junior year, I augmented this by talking my way into a rarely-offered, high-level class (Geek-Strike Two): Intro to Old English (Geek-Strike A GUHGILLION.)* The class consisted of six upper-level... More  →
Rachel's Geekiest Moment

How to Do Smoky Eyes

By EmmaJanuary 18, 2012
Nothing screams "Schmexy flirting machine" like a nice smoky eye. After the jump, Alexis shows you how to get the look! Loading the player... jwplayer("sparkvideo").setup({ flashplayer: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/56/player.swf', skin: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/jwplayer/glow.zip', file: 'http://img.sparknotes.com/video/sparklife/Alexis-SmokyEye.mp4', height: 304, ... More  →
How to Do Smoky Eyes

More Jokes and Announcements from Your Favorite Celebs!

By Aislinn ShevlinJanuary 18, 2012
I have officially lost my girlfriend to the hunger games book.1 down 2 to go. Apparently Katniss is pretty special! More  →
More Jokes and Announcements from Your Favorite Celebs!

Prepare to Be Impressed, Ladies

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 18, 2012
I never thought I'd be impressed by anything related to Justin Bieber, but here it is: this video has done it. This dude surprised his wife at their wedding with a super well-choreographed performance of "Baby," and the amount of enthusiasm they put into it... More  →
Prepare to Be Impressed, Ladies

S**t Geeks Say

By Josh PeriloJanuary 18, 2012
Everyone knows what s**t girls say, what s**t white girls say to black girls, and even what s**t no one says. But what about the geeks!? It's time to show some geek pride and revel in S**t Geeks Say! Loading the player... jwplayer("sparkvideo").setup({ ... More  →
S**t Geeks Say

Binary Code 0101001001001111010000110100101101010011 (Rocks)

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2012
JustAnotherUsername definitely wins for most numbers ever used in a SparkLife title. We're just glad all those 0s didn't break the internet.—Sparkitors In case you didn't understand the title, that's the word "rocks" translated into binary code for you. ... More  →
Binary Code 0101001001001111010000110100101101010011 (Rocks)

Quiz: Are You a Geek or a Nerd?

By Lucy HutchinsonJanuary 18, 2012
The Internet is simply bursting with geeks and nerds, who are all bursting with graphs and charts explaining the difference between geeks and nerds. Everyone has an opinion, but you can ignore all of them, because they're wrong. All you need is this quiz. While there's... More  →
Quiz: Are You a Geek or a Nerd?

Long Live the Semicolon: Ana's Geeky Grammar Rules, Part 2!

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2012
Annacarmen4376 is back with even more handy tips to keep your writing spic-and-span! (Do people still say "spic-and-span," or is that just us and our moms?)—Sparkitors Since it’s Geek Week, Sparklers, I thought it would be apropos to share with you my most... More  →
Long Live the Semicolon: Ana's Geeky Grammar Rules, Part 2!