Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 17, 2011
Today's playlist is called Songs to Listen to When Your Whole Social 20 AP Class Is On Facebook at 3 AM Freaking Out Because They Remember Nothing About the Thirty-Years War and We Are Doing An Essay On It Tomorrow! Bahahahaha. ... More  →
Playlist of the Day

A Very Belated Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 17, 2011
You may be wondering why PBD is a day late, Sparkleheads. A thousand reasons are probably rushing through your finely-tuned minds; is it because there was a warp in the space-time continuum? Because Bilbo Baggins hacked into our database security mainframe and replaced our entire... More  →
A Very Belated Phi Beta Dagger

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 17, 2011
I have a couple ideas about what spurred the creation of today's video (sent in by Gibby): Delirium caused by being stranded in the Arctic tundra for several weeks with only a package of gummy bears to eat. Extreme boredom caused by too many hours... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 17

By Emily WinterFebruary 17, 2011
Meet Molly, the color-changing cat! Star'sLove says... This is my cat Molly.  She's a Bengal-Tabby mix and the coolest thing about her is that as she's gotten older, her fur has gotten darker.  She's at least 60% darker now than she was when we... More  →
Open Thread for February 17

Book Recommendations: Politics Edition

By Miss MarmFebruary 16, 2011
For Politics class I need to write a book review on a political non-fiction book. It's due in June but we are supposed to start reading now. Any suggestions? Shake Hands with the Devil by Romeo Dallaire is already taken... I would recommend: The Bridge: The... More  →
Book Recommendations: Politics Edition

You're Sick Enough To Go Home Sick When...

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 16, 2011
It doesn't matter if you're actually sick or faking it because you're jonesing for some terrible daytime television: you need a strategy for getting your parents to take you seriously. Even if you feel like your head's submerged... More  →
You're Sick Enough To Go Home Sick When...

5 Ways To Know You Have Foot Claustrophobia

By ContributorFebruary 16, 2011
We'd try going barefoot, mirandapanda29,but we just don't think it would work in New York. —Sparkitors Though feet are probably best known for their horrible odor and their short-lived modeling debut as the “Footprints in the Sand,” these little piggies can be... More  →
5 Ways To Know You Have Foot Claustrophobia

Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 1

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 16, 2011
Snorting glitter is the only way I could have prepared for this. Yesterday, Sparkitor Emily plunked a girly, pink prom-themed novel on my desk, and told me to blog it. So here I am with Once Upon a Prom: Dream (book 1 of 3), by... More  →
Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 1

The 10 Types of Prom Royalty

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 16, 2011
The prom king and queen are more than just pretty faces with stupid head accessories. These wondrous people must rule over the entire prom, governing the event with diplomacy, or in most cases, iron firsts. They have complete control over everything, and as stated in... More  →
The 10 Types of Prom Royalty

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2D

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 16, 2011
Wow, that last round was close! But congratulations to iwearfiestapants and Badge #21, who won yesterday. Round 2 is going by so fast! Don't you guys just love these showdowns? Don't they make you think of cowboys and gunslingers and bad western... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2D