Skip over navigation

Cute Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Annnnnnd...WE'RE BACK. (And cuter than ever, as evidenced by this image of Tiger, submitted by muffinsarejustbetter.) We know you missed us terribly last Monday, but our absence has its upside: as we didn't post a new Cute... More  →
Cute Thing of the Week

What It's Like To Live In...St. Louis

By ContributorSeptember 13, 2010
We've never been to St. Louis, gummybeararmygeneral, but after hearing about all the delicious food, we really want to go!—Sparkitors St. Louis, Missouri: it's number 7 on Forbes' list of America's Most Miserable... More  →
What It's Like To Live In...St. Louis

Condensed Classics = AWESOME

princess_caroline21, you may have just changed our lives FOREVER.—Sparkitors If you're anything like me, you despise required reading, and if you despise required reading, you'll adore the concept of "condensed books." They're dialogues... More  →
Condensed Classics = AWESOME

QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series—Part 1!

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 13, 2010
Last week, as you may recall, we asked, nay, begged, for your finest quiz submissions—and you, as ever, came through, delivering a dozen phenomenal quizzes directly to our inbox. We wish we could shower you with thank-you gifts, but our budget is already stretched to the limit (we... More  →
QUIZINATOR: Sparkler Series—Part 1!

Getting Out of a Pop Quiz: The Best and Worse Excuses

By Lucy HutchinsonSeptember 13, 2010
You know the feeling: the moment of sinking dread when your teacher walks in, smiling maniacally and carrying a stack of papers much too big for a typical class. It can only mean one thing: pop quiz. And of course, you're having a bad day. Maybe... More  →
Getting Out of a Pop Quiz: The Best and Worse Excuses

Blogging My Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Judge you for loving Degrassi? NEVER, Verbomaniac012! —Sparkitors Yesterday I had the extremely pleasant experience of getting my wisdom teeth yanked out of my mouth. I am one of the first of my friends to have this done, and I know that many of... More  →
Blogging My Wisdom Tooth Extraction

VMAs Recap: Passive Aggression and Bieber on Drums

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 13, 2010
Was anyone else bored by last night’s MTV Video Music Awards? Since Kanye behaved well and Mel Gibson wasn’t invited, there was no shocking, oh-my-God-did-you-see-that? moment. Lady Gaga’s outfits were interesting, but by now, that’s what we expect from Lady G. It would have been... More  →
VMAs Recap: Passive Aggression and Bieber on Drums

Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and Unfriendings

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 13, 2010
Hey, Sparklers! Before we get to today's column, I've got a few lovely updates from past letter-writers! Ready? Here's the latest! - The hapless victim of Flakey Teaserpants wrote back to let us know that he'd decided to stop being a doormat, sack up,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and Unfriendings

Open Thread for September 13

By Emily WinterSeptember 13, 2010
This is the dawning of the age of aquarium. Age of aquarium. Age of aquariiiiiiiiuuuuuuuum. home9310 says... If you look close you can see a fish that resembles Dory (from Finding Nemo) in the background! Send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com! ... More  →
Open Thread for September 13

Open Thread for September 12

By EmmaSeptember 12, 2010
What's going on with this goat? Is he getting low? Impersonating a slobby human watching TV? Taking a little break after going for a jog? Trying to recover after hearing terrible news? Thanks for mystifying us, Dont_Panic_42! Send your ambiguous pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com for... More  →
Open Thread for September 12