Skip over navigation

New Sparkler Series! My French Adventure: Part 1

By ContributorFebruary 21, 2011
LadyM is moving to France for 4 months—and she's going to share the entire experience with us!—Sparkitors I, LadyM, was stuck in a rut. I was a bored 11th grader dying to get out of high school and start my university... More  →
New Sparkler Series! My French Adventure: Part 1

Video War: Panic! At The Disco Vs. The Parlotones

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 21, 2011
In a Video War first, both of this week's contestant's were suggested by Sparklers, which means absolutely no blame can be placed on the Sparkitors if you hate them/are filled with an all-consuming hatred for them/puncture your own ear... More  →
Video War: Panic! At The Disco Vs. The Parlotones

Open Thread for February 21

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 21, 2011
lennie216 made this Valentine's Day card for her boyfriend. In case you couldn't make out all the exquisite details, here's what it includes: It is a depiction of a party taking place on a pirate ship. On this pirate ship is a T-Rex, a brontosaurus,... More  →
Open Thread for February 21

Open Thread for February 20

By EmmaFebruary 20, 2011
We feel calm after looking at noisettepancake's serene picture. The kind of calm that makes you want to go to yoga and then eat a BLT and fries. Thanks, noisette! Help your Sparkitors get fat: send your pics to contribute@sparknotes.com. ... More  →
Open Thread for February 20

Open Thread for February 19

By EmmaFebruary 19, 2011
keatonwookie and dylnaqui sent us a pic that will haunt our nightmares. Allow them to explain: This is Joe Guts (my friends and I call him Fatman). Fatman is a really funny old toy that my dad got from an educational store when... More  →
Open Thread for February 19

Where To Go For Spring Break

By Lex LuthorFebruary 18, 2011
Who says you have to return from spring break with a tan and a dishy pen pal named Pablo? You and Pablo will lose touch in a few months anyway, and he definitely can’t take you to prom. This year, we challenge you to think... More  →
Where To Go For Spring Break

How To Tell Your Parents You've Got a GF/BF

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 18, 2011
Let's assume that your attitude toward your parents fall somewhere between "ZOMG they're totes my BFFs!" and "ZOMG I'm only applying to colleges that are at least 9,000 miles away!" (If they've ever made you attend snake-worship camp or insisted that "cave livin' is the... More  →
How To Tell Your Parents You've Got a GF/BF

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2F

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 18, 2011
Congratulations to our victor from Round 2E, hannahrama and Badge #40! We'll see you again in Round 3 which will actually happen sometime soon since we're already almost done with Round 2! Today we have the showdown of all the showdowns... *cue dramatic music*.... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2F

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: You Give Me Fever

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 18, 2011
You guys are SO lucky, and you don't even KNOW it. Why are you lucky? Because you're not Emily Winter, which means you're not sitting 2 feet away from a festering flu-bucket of disease named Chelsea Dagger and constantly pouring hand sanitizer down your gullet... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: You Give Me Fever

My Crush Is a Food Network Personality

By ContributorFebruary 18, 2011
Real Alias knows that the way to a Sparkler's heart is through her stomach. –Sparkitors Yes, the Food Network!  I can't be the only one out there who has noticed all of the amazingly talented and good-looking guys on there. Right? Right!... More  →
My Crush Is a Food Network Personality