Skip over navigation

Open Thread for January 4

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 4, 2011
Chelsea Dagger has just returned from her unprecedentedly glorious 10-day vacation in Colorado, and this board game, magnificently crafted by Pistaciosaregreat, perfectly represents her journey, which was fraught with mountains, VICTORY, and hobbits (they're real. Bet on it). Here's what Pistacios had to say about her... More  →
Open Thread for January 4

NBK in Alberta: Poker Partay

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2011
LunarCircus knows how to play poker, AND he smells good. Who could resist? —Sparkitors OH. MY. SWEET. BABY. LORD. I was there. And he was over there. And I looked at him. And he looked back. And then... *inhales/exhales deeply with aid of paper bag* I’m getting ahead of myself, Sparklers.... More  →
NBK in Alberta: Poker Partay

Hi, My Name Is ________, and I Can't Keep a Resolution

ez30yankee, we can't stop whipping our hair back and forth, thanks to YOU! —Sparkitors I feel guilty. Every year, I make some form of a New Year’s Revolution, and then like the master procrastinator I am, it never happens. And, to put some... More  →
Hi, My Name Is ________, and I Can't Keep a Resolution

Auntie SparkNotes: Money Talks

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 3, 2011
Dear Auntie, I'm a junior in high school and I can't wait to get out on my own. But this letter isn't so much about me, as it is about my dad. See, my dad is one of those, born-on-a-farm-work-through-college-then-big-job success stories. I can understand from his... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Money Talks

I'm a Professional Santa-Tracker

We were like "No more Santa nuggets!" but Claire-de-Lune convinced us to publish this with her convince-y convinciness. Also, SHE TRACKS SANTA! —Sparkitors I know, I know. The holidays are over, so it’s time to stop having Christmas-y articles on SparkLife.  HOWEVER, I'm offering... More  →
I'm a Professional Santa-Tracker

Bringing Sexy Back with William Rast

By Ashley SpencerJanuary 3, 2011
Target frequently carries lines by awesome designers for a limited time at cheap-ish prices. This month's hot Target designer is Justin Timberlake, who founded the William Rast clothing line with his biznaz partner Trace Ayala in 2005. The name "William Rast" combines Justin’s grandpa’s first... More  →
Bringing Sexy Back with William Rast

Why Everyone Should Watch The Vampire Diaries

Lost My Hogwarts Letter is mad as all get out about Twilight's vampire supremacy, and she's not going to take it anymore! –Sparkitors Fellow Sparklers, I'm here to address a huge hole in SparkNotes coverage. Never have I ever read a single post honoring... More  →
Why Everyone Should Watch The Vampire Diaries

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 3, 2011
Today's playlist, sent in by an anonymous Sparkler, is called Songs That Are Incredibly Catchy. 1. "Baby" by Justin Bieber 2. "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + The Machine 3. "DJ Got Us Falling In... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Open Thread for January 3

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 3, 2011
Luna Lovegood sent us this epic masterpiece of Darren Criss doing the gLee sign, and we've just got to say: DANG, GIRL. You got SKILLZ. We tried to draw Darren once, but he came out looking like a tree stump with... More  →
Open Thread for January 3

Open Thread for January 2

By EmmaJanuary 2, 2011
So these cookies are in the mail on the way to the Sparkitor headquarters, right? RIGHT?!? *sobs and drools on keyboard* Dear Sparkitors, My friend atleastimflyingfree and I made cookies together, and all the reindeer and snowmen and elves were too boring, so we made...... More  →
Open Thread for January 2