Search Menu
Menu

How to Survive School in China

By ContributorFebruary 1, 2012
And now for a reminder from IB free from homework: you might think your teachers are bad, but they could always be worse. –Sparkitors Some of you will one day have the opportunity to go to school in another country. Some of you... More  →
How to Survive School in China

Who Did Brad Pitt Kiss on the Red Carpet?

By Aislinn ShevlinFebruary 1, 2012
Hi! I'm sarah Hyland. And I am a theatre nerd. Yes I bought a les miz cd before I bought a britney spears cd.... More  →
Who Did Brad Pitt Kiss on the Red Carpet?

Auntie SparkNotes: Meanie Mom

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 1, 2012
Dear Auntie, I have problems with my mom. She belittles me in front of others, including my friends, and even says mean stuff about me in front of people she's just met. She always tells me I need to lose weight, and take better care of... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Meanie Mom

How To Be a Valentine's Day Grinch

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 1, 2012
Ooh, Valentine's Day! Candy and flowers and confetti! Vomit, right? Romance is all well and good, but sometimes being told "It's Valentine's o'clock, quick, make out with someone!" can just make you want to write an angry letter to Hallmark. If pink and red streamers... More  →
How To Be a Valentine's Day Grinch

How to Get Katniss Hair!

By EmmaFebruary 1, 2012
Remember when we freaked out about the new Hunger Games poster, and Katniss's amazing diagonal braid? Well, this week, Alexis shows us how to do the 'do! Related post: 5 Thoughts About the New Hunger Games Poster... More  →
How to Get Katniss Hair!

5 Songs About Video Games NOT by Lana Del Rey

By Eric GarneauFebruary 1, 2012
Lana Del Rey's much-hyped Born to Die album, featuring the hit single "Video Games," just came out. We didn't really like it. Unfortunately for us nerds, legit songs about video games are few and far between, especially if you want them to be, well,... More  →
5 Songs About Video Games NOT by Lana Del Rey

Open Thread for February 1

By SparkLifeFebruary 1, 2012
jayt919 brings you the real, actual, legitimate Wikipedia Talk page for the "Earth" article. In case you didn't notice, at the bottom it says, "Humorous references to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy are inappropriate content for this article." This is... More  →
Open Thread for February 1

Auntie SparkNotes: Advance Disinvitation

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 31, 2012
Dear Auntie, I have a prom question (cue everyone's foreheads hitting their keyboards as they scream "WHY?!?"). But first some background! I'm a senior, and my girlfriend, who'll we'll call Rosie, is a sophomore. We've been together for ~4 months, and she's awesome. Really, really awesome.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Advance Disinvitation

A Day in the Life of a Park City Native During Sundance

By ContributorJanuary 31, 2012
bringonthePAYNEd12 brings us an exclusive Sparkler report from Sundance's Andy Samberg search committee. –Sparkitors The Sundance Film Festival just ended, and with it the insane crowds of celebrities and tourists that flock every year to my hometown of Park City, Utah. Yes, I live... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Park City Native During Sundance

What's the Chemistry of Your Relationship?

By ContributorJanuary 31, 2012
Call me a nerd, but I love chemistry, especially the balancing equations, chemical formulas, and periodic table part. But I also love romance and Valentine’s Day and lovey dovey lovely love. So here, for your viewing pleasure, are two of my favorite things: chemistry and... More  →
What's the Chemistry of Your Relationship?