Skip over navigation

Open Thread for June 17

By SparkLifeJune 17, 2011
If you're thinking, "That's a nice-looking bad of blood," you're totally right. It's the hottest bag of blood on the block. It's a bangin' bag of blood. That bag of blood isn't Type A, it's Type A+. Yeah. Nice platelets. Show us your plasma. That's... More  →
Open Thread for June 17

More Summer Style Trends!

By ApneetJune 16, 2011
Summer is in full swing! Instead of the usual summer uniform of a tank top and shorts, I’ve come up with three looks you can try to stay stylish all through the warmer months. (Sunglasses, Forever 21, $5 | Top, Salvation Army, $3 | Jeans, J... More  →
More Summer Style Trends!

Blogging Bonnaroo: Best of 'Roo

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 16, 2011
We've finally recovered our physical, emotional, and mental equilibrium enough to sit down and take stock of the best of Bonnaroo. If this were an awards show, the ghost of Jerry Garcia would be the host, the opening number would be "It's Not... More  →
Blogging Bonnaroo: Best of 'Roo

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER HARRY POTTER BOOK?!?

By Chelsea DaggerJune 16, 2011
Harry Potter, the boy who Accio'd our hearts right out of our chests, might literally be rising from the metaphorical dead. TRY NOT TO BARF FROM THE EXCITEMENT. THIS website, bearing JK Rowling's signature, appeared recently, as did a YouTube  announcement... More  →
WILL THERE BE ANOTHER HARRY POTTER BOOK?!?

A Very Potter Musical Live-Blog Post

By Dan_BergsteinJune 16, 2011
It's here! Today's the day! Attention SparkNotes Movie Club members and anyone else with a computer who wants to join in the fun: We will be watching A Very Potter Musical tonight at 8 p.m. (est) and I will be live-blogging the show right... More  →
A Very Potter Musical Live-Blog Post

23 Things It's Okay To Do

By ContributorJune 16, 2011
This post by uhleeyah makes us soooo happy. —Sparkitors We all have done some (or most) of these actions at one point of our life... and I'm just here to say IT'S OKAY!!! 1. It’s okay to wear pearls one day, and Silly Bandz the... More  →
23 Things It's Okay To Do

In Defense of Misusing the Word "Literally"

By Dan_BergsteinJune 16, 2011
This article will infuriate the SparkNotes all-powerful Grammar Robot, and you can see steam coming out of the ears of the editors, but misusing the word “literally” is literally OK. (If you ask me.) For the past few years, people online, on TV, in movies,... More  →
In Defense of Misusing the Word "Literally"

Ask Jono: LOLU! (Laughing Out Loud, Unintentionally)

By Jon_SkindzierJune 16, 2011
Hi Jono! So I have a little problem (but I guess that much was obvious). Well actually two. First, why don't you answer letters more often? I love your column! My naturally awful solutions take about a week to convert to actual, good... More  →
Ask Jono: LOLU! (Laughing Out Loud, Unintentionally)

Auntie SparkNotes: Sexist Smackdown

By kat_rosenfieldJune 16, 2011
Hey Auntie!!! So, I have kind of an unusual problem. I'm a girl who loves the technical side of theater, traditionally a mainly boys' occupation, at least at my school. So I took a class this year, and was literally the only girl. Most of the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Sexist Smackdown

A Shy Sparkler Comes Out of Her Shell!

By ContributorJune 16, 2011
TheQuietKid has always been too shy to be herself—but now, it's time for a change!—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, What do you think of when you hear the word "mouse"? Hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings? Johnathan Frisby? Red thread? When I hear the word,... More  →
A Shy Sparkler Comes Out of Her Shell!