Skip over navigation

Open Thread for September 17

By Emily WinterSeptember 17, 2010

This is what life looked like 6 weeks ago.

Now, we've got storms, cold fronts, and tornadoes in Brooklyn and Queens!

The Mystery Sparkler who sent this lovely pic said...

"I was doing some really boring housework when I saw a gigantic butterfly. I

... More  →
Open Thread for September 17

The Ellie Report: Our Fictitious Sparkler Soulmates

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2010
Ellielikespie, we think your picks are right on the money. Especially if we're talkin' bout this Mercutio.—Sparkitors It's a truth universally acknowledged that an awesome nerd in possession of a large brain must be in want of a... More  →
The Ellie Report: Our Fictitious Sparkler Soulmates

How to Tackle Your Pimple Project

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 16, 2010
Zits make 99.9 percent of the teenage population crazy. To those lucky .1 percent of humans that don’t have acne, we hate you! (JK, we love you, but stop showing us your dimples and pore-free noses; it’s borderline offensive). Acne is never easy, but... More  →
How to Tackle Your Pimple Project

15 Reasons You Should Shower in the Morning

Brianna17_92 serves up a noble rebuttal to Dan Bergstein's recent post—and we love a good shower-related controversy! —Sparkitors Due to a recent post by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, us morning showerers feel the need to defend ourselves. Here are 15... More  →
15 Reasons You Should Shower in the Morning

Stuff That Annoys Me

IxSeexAll has seen too much that she doesn't like. —Sparkitors In my life, I have come across many things that have really, really annoyed me. Things without which the world would be better off. Here are just a few: Greeting cards Sure, the concept behind... More  →
Stuff That Annoys Me

Top 10 Ways to Embrace Nostalgia

We think this post by musica44 is adorable, and we're going straight to the grocery store to buy peanut butter after work! —Sparkitors As I enter my senior year of high school, I find myself looking back at the last 12 years and wondering... More  →
 Top 10 Ways to Embrace Nostalgia

Life According to Ginger: Paaaaarty?

As of right now, I’ve been at college for two weeks, three days, five hours, and approximately fifty-two minutes. Fifty-three minutes. In that short time, I've accumulated enough homework that I have to spend my entire Sunday in the library. I've also figured out... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Paaaaarty?

How to Make Summer Last As Long As Possible

By Melissa_AlbertSeptember 16, 2010
Is that an autumnal chill in the air? Never! It’s just...the refreshing breeze of an air-conditioner wafting out of a nearby building! Hey, are those leaves starting to change color? NO, THAT’S JUST DUTCH ELM DISEASE. Clearly, some of us aren't ready to let go... More  →
How to Make Summer Last As Long As Possible

Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1G

By Emily WinterSeptember 16, 2010

We're getting down to the wire, but we haven't hit the bottom of our flag inbox just yet. We've counted 39 (39!) flags total, which means round 1 will continue for three more days.

Per usual, you can only vote for one flag per round.

Also, recent

... More  →
Choose Your SparkNotes Flag: Round 1G

How to Make Your Chores More Enjoyable

Thanks for the tips, Ney-Ney92—now we can't wait to water the plants!—Sparkitors OK, so maybe this post should be titled How to Make Your Chores Enjoyable AT ALL—because really, who enjoys chores? (Answer: No one.) But unfortunately, they're a necessary... More  →
How to Make Your Chores More Enjoyable