Search Menu
Menu

My School's Solution to the Mid-Semester Slump: Zombies!

By ContributorApril 23, 2012
I have this theory (and by "theory," I mean "hesitant hypothesis based on a minimal amount of questionably gathered evidence") that around 78.2% of the way through the semester, a universal slump occurs. Grades drop by a percent or ten, attendance becomes lax, and professor/student... More  →
My School's Solution to the Mid-Semester Slump: Zombies!

How NOT To Drive a Stick Shift

When I bought my first car, I was ecstatic. Overjoyed. Super-extra-amazingly happy.
Except for one little snafu:
I couldn’t drive it.
I had foolishly decided to buy a stick shift (also known as a standard or manual transmission.) My mom has had virtually nothing but a stick shift her... More  →
How NOT To Drive a Stick Shift

So You Want to Make a Viral Video

So you think that you have the brains, the talent, and the unbeatable big-head+British-accent combination to be the next internet sensation? Well then your confidence level is exactly at the delusional state we want it to be in! For while marketers in every... More  →
So You Want to Make a Viral Video

Teen Girl Band Cherri Bomb Rocks Out with The Avengers

By Brandon SpecktorApril 23, 2012
If you could date one Avenger, we asked 14-year-old Rena Lovelis of the all-chick rock group Cherri Bomb, who would your first choice be? "Oh, Iron Man" the spunky bassist answers without a second of thought. "He's got an iron butt!" Well played. The current lineup... More  →
Teen Girl Band Cherri Bomb Rocks Out with The Avengers

23 Ways To Tell Your Crush You Like Them Without Saying "I Like You"

By Lauren PassellApril 23, 2012
1. Say their name. If no one is around you, say baby I love you, if you ain't runnin' game. Beyonce is right about everything. 2. Give him/her your own nickname. Yeah, forget that stuff about saying her name. Say the special nickname that... More  →
23 Ways To Tell Your Crush You Like Them Without Saying "I Like You"

Shakespeare's Birthday Twitter Feed

By Janet ManleyApril 23, 2012
It's our man Will Shakespeare's birthday! Dude was mad prolific, plus he had a HUGE KNACK for zingers, which would make make for some pretty karate Tweets. Also, it's no secret that the bard got the odd hankering for nachos. A sage look at the... More  →
Shakespeare's Birthday Twitter Feed

Open Thread for April 23

By SparkLifeApril 23, 2012
sydney8771 sent us this picture of Francis the Mule. Isn't she adorbs? We hereby declare it be National Francis the Mule Day! Celebrate as you please.... More  →
Open Thread for April 23

Dear Albert: A Party?

By Emily WinterApril 22, 2012
Because of my Dear Albert column, I'm used to feeling queazy in homeroom. I'm not used to everyone staring at me. "What are you going to do if you don't win?" Paul Atkins asks me. Usually I want to punch Paul in the face whenever he opens... More  →
Dear Albert: A Party?

Open Thread for April 22

By SparkLifeApril 22, 2012
iheartsomeone says... When I was on the Warner Bros. studio tour, we went into the warehouse that had lots of cars! Here is Harry Potter! I apologize... I don't know what movie it's from... It will give us something to talk about... More  →
Open Thread for April 22

Open Thread for April 21

By SparkLifeApril 21, 2012
grace_return7 says... I went to Disney World in Florida for the chorus/drama spring trip, and of course I made my group go and eat in Pizza Planet. This is my childhood, guys. WE WANT TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD. Jealous.... More  →
Open Thread for April 21