Skip over navigation

You Know You're From Rural Arkansas When...

By ContributorJuly 1, 2011
Elwyn15, city girls go to the HOSPITAL when they find cow poop in their hair! You impress us, sir. –Sparkitors Though there's been a post or two on how to know if you're from the country, this post is different: I'm talking about Arkansas... More  →
You Know You're From Rural Arkansas When...

Open Thread for July 1

By SparkLifeJuly 1, 2011
The Sparkler who took this picture says, "I wasn't stupid enough to eat someplace with a defribillator on the sign." Smart girl. But where in the world ARE YOU,  Fawkesie?!?Send your OT pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for July 1

How to Win at Summer

By Dan_BergsteinJune 30, 2011
If you're going to win summer, you need to get smart. Everyone will warn you about sun protection, but few speak out against the moon. This is silly. The sun is millions of miles away. The moon is right up there, so close you can almost smell it! Surely the moon poses a grea More  →
How to Win at Summer

A Recipe Fit for a Princess

By ContributorJune 30, 2011
Shivani is back! Yay! —Sparkitors My apologies for leaving you guys so long without a recipe, but I was plunged headfirst into the world of summer sickness. It was glorious, especially the fever dreams I had; life will never be the same now that... More  →
A Recipe Fit for a Princess

I'm a Lesbian, and I'm Just Like You

BroccoliBiatch is an amazing writer, and we love her LGBT Awareness Month contribution! —Sparkitors I’m just going to let the title of this post sink in for some of you, as I know that some Sparklers have certain opinions on topics such as this.... More  →
I'm a Lesbian, and I'm Just Like You

The Rock Is Always Camera Ready

By Aislinn ShevlinJune 30, 2011
This picture makes me laugh out loud. I never buy these pictures at amusement parks because I always look like a crazed lunatic on roller coasters, which is why I'm so impressed by this pose. Did he sit like this the whole ride or did he just... More  →
The Rock Is Always Camera Ready

Auntie SparkNotes: Religious Differences

By kat_rosenfieldJune 30, 2011
Hello Auntie, So to get straight to the point: I am Jewish. And my bestest friend in the whole entire world is OK with that. We do everything together - go to the movies, work on assignments, etc. The problem is, however, said friend's parents. Y'see, his... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Religious Differences

Quotes from the Marching Band

Marie and Kaitlin are about their marching band. Today's topic—hilarious quotes! –Sparkitors Unfortunately, dear Kaitlin is not able to join us this week, due to going to California for a leadership camp with all the drum majors, as... More  →
Quotes from the Marching Band

Elodie Cordially Invites You to the Fake Wedding Event of the CENTURY

thenameselodie got engaged (to an 8-year-old) last week, and she's planning the raddest wedding party ever thrown.—Sparkitors Okay, a MASSIVE spider just emerged from under the couch and tried to kill me (read: it sat there and did... More  →
Elodie Cordially Invites You to the Fake Wedding Event of the CENTURY

Carrots, Mustaches, and Coming Out of the Closet

InsaneRunningKid is one of our favorite Sparklers ever, and we're so honored she chose to share this momentous occasion with us!—Sparkitors Heya Sparklers! It’s me, InsaneRunningKid, back with another hilarious and lighthearted post! For those of you who haven’t already heard... More  →
Carrots, Mustaches, and Coming Out of the Closet