Search Menu
Menu

A Patriotic Playlist for the 4th of July

By Brandon SpecktorJuly 3, 2012
Some songs are inescapable when talking about America. "This Land is Your Land." "America The Beautiful." "The Thong Song." Like folk papa Woody Guthrie, some of the most meaningful performances in American history come from songs that've seen decades of roamin' and ramblin'. Others have proven... More  →
A Patriotic Playlist for the 4th of July

Here Comes the Bridesmaid: Some Basics for the First-Timer

By SissyJuly 3, 2012
It’s an honor to support your sister/cousin/friend on her big day, and be part of it in a special way. But this experience can be nerve-wracking, especially if it’s your first time and you’re a little clueless about all this girly-girl frilly wedding stuff. There’s... More  →
Here Comes the Bridesmaid: Some Basics for the First-Timer

Horrible but Awesome July 4th Fashion

By Chrissie GruebelJuly 3, 2012
I pledge allegiance to the swag of the United States of America. And after this roundup of horror, you will too. 1. Pretty convinced this is why Destiny's Child broke up. Run, Bey! Run! 2. PHOTOGRAPHER: Give me... More  →
Horrible but Awesome July 4th Fashion

REVIEW: The Amazing Spider-Man

By Becky FerreiraJuly 3, 2012
A doe-eyed child Peter Parker excitedly plays a game of hide-and-seek with his father, but instead stumbles upon his father's secret. From the broken window and trashed files in Richard Parker's home office, it appears a more adult and malevolent game of hide-and-seek is also... More  →
REVIEW: The Amazing Spider-Man

For the Love of Short Stories

By ContributorJuly 3, 2012
Most of us read novelsafter all, chapter books were the first sign of maturity when you were seven. What?! You can read big books already? You’re so smart! And novels are fun. You spend night after... More  →
For the Love of Short Stories

It's Hard to Be a Lefty

By ContributorJuly 3, 2012
It’s hard to be a lefty in a right-handed world. Making up only 10 percent of the population (ONLY TEN!!), we are the forgotten minority. And in a world ruled by righties, we are extremely discriminated against (think notebooks, people). Everything from books to gadgets... More  →
It's Hard to Be a Lefty

Open Thread for July 3

By SparkLifeJuly 3, 2012
awesomenesslyness says... "I got this really artistic, photographer-like shot of a dandelion at a duckpond and felt it just had to be shared! It simply screams summer, does it not?"... More  →
Open Thread for July 3

Check Out Red Carpet Looks from the BET Awards!

By EmmaJuly 2, 2012
There were hot husbands, tween girl bands, and cute shoes aplenty at last night's BET awards. Click through to see our fashion roundup! More  →
Check Out Red Carpet Looks from the BET Awards!

Cute July 4th Outfits for Under $40

By EmmaJuly 2, 2012
Independence Day is the best day. You're a little tan. You get to eat as many hot dogs as you want. Your schedule goes like this: beach/pool --> BBQ --> pyrotechnic toys named after you. There are fireworks, and some of them make your stomach shake, they're so loud! You feel More  →
Cute July 4th Outfits for Under $40

Auntie SparkNotes: He's 35, I'm 17. Does He Really Like Me?

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 2, 2012
Hi Auntie: So here's the deal: I had a relationship with a 35 year old man. I'm 17. He's really sweet and we met at a "company". Both of us really love to talk to each other and we make each other laugh like crazy. He's... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: He's 35, I'm 17. Does He Really Like Me?