Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 2, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by Mindy, and it's called The Random Breakup Playlist. "The Last Song" by The All American Rejects "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy "New Divide" by Linkin Park "Good Riddance" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 2, 2011
So, who wants to waste some time today? I hope you all raised your hands. And I hope you Do Not Press The Big Red Button. Put The Big Red Button on your site... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 2

By Emily WinterFebruary 2, 2011
This drawing is hot as a pancake in July, but why are you Sparklebottoms obsessed with your own feet all of a sudden? Schmergo says... Hey there, I got very procrastinate-esque the other day, and ended up doodling a brooding Robert Pattinson on my... More  →
Open Thread for February 2

How to Flirt with the Cutie at the Skating Rink

By ContributorFebruary 2, 2011
Our flirting strategy at the rink consists mainly of "DON'T DIE," but lemon_101 has other ideas.

Ah, winter: the fluffy snow, the cozy fireside s'mores sessions, and of course, all the hotties at your local

... More  →
How to Flirt with the Cutie at the Skating Rink

Valentine's Sparku

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 1, 2011
There is no day of the year more appropriate for a good dose of Sparku (SparkLife + haiku) than Valentine's Day: the holiday created for would-be poets to pour their hearts into schmoopie poopie proclamations of undead... More  →
Valentine's Sparku

How to Invent a Faux SO for Valentine's Day

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 1, 2011
Before you knew it, February swept in, bringing with it the prospect of an awfully lonely Valentine’s Day. You’re sure everyone else will spend February 14 holding hands with someone they aren’t related to, making out in awesome places like the beach, a dimly lit... More  →
How to Invent a Faux SO for Valentine's Day

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1J

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 1, 2011
Aaaaaaand the winner of Round 1I is Badge #34! Congratulations to you, and to all the other lovely badges in the last round. Great job you guys! We'd like to have a big round of applause for all you voters out there! Way to... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1J

NBK in Alberta: A KISS...

By ContributorFebruary 1, 2011
Our favorite brownie-lover, LunarCircus, has some major updates for us this week—and a certain recipe we're going to try out tonight! —Sparkitors Uh oh, Spark-i-noodles... I may have lost your respect. (I may have lost some of my self-respect, come to think of it,... More  →
NBK in Alberta: A KISS...

Unwhole: Chapter 6

By ContributorFebruary 1, 2011
DarkLite808's book leaves us wanting more—luckily, she's already finished several more chapters! —Sparkitors I woke up early. Judging by the orange light sparkling across the room, it was still a little before dawn. Katie was still sleeping and her... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 6

Auntie SparkNotes: The Mysterious Case of the Pooped-Upon Party

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 1, 2011
Hi Auntie, It’s a couple of weeks until my 16th birthday and I want to do something special (doesn’t everyone?). I’ve always wanted to do a murder mystery party set in a certain era (say, the 20’s? i.e. gangsters, flappers, gamblers, etc.) but seeing as I’ve... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Mysterious Case of the Pooped-Upon Party