Search Menu
Menu

How to Make District 11 Bread

By ShivaniMarch 28, 2012
The moment when Katniss contemplates 11’s gift of bread after Rue’s death never fails to make me emotional. It’s a really poignant scene in the book, where Katniss’ grief is heightened by adrenaline and District 11’s sacrifice is that much more touching. Because the rolls... More  →
How to Make District 11 Bread

Why I Don't Want to Graduate

By ContributorMarch 28, 2012
Graduation is just around the corner, and I'm freaking out. Here's why. 1. All my friends are juniors. Seriously, at least three of my best friends are juniors. When I graduate in the spring, I will leave all my little loves behind! These are... More  →
Why I Don't Want to Graduate

How to Do a French Twist

By EmmaMarch 28, 2012
This week, Alexis brings us a classic prom look—in fact, the very same 'do your Sparkitors rocked at their proms, back in 1835! —Sparkitors Are you feeling this elegant twist? Related post: Committee of Prom Hair... More  →
How to Do a French Twist

Why You Should Join Forensics

She flies through the air with the greatest of ease, and she breaks—to finals, that is. If this exhilarating moment sounds at all inviting you, then I encourage you to join Forensics! Here's why: 1. It’s exciting. Yes, I am serious. There is nothing more exhilarating than... More  →
Why You Should Join Forensics

Which Celeb Is Responding to Engagement Rumors?

By Aislinn ShevlinMarch 28, 2012
Who went to see the Hunger Games? Have to say...I jumped, gasped & peeked through fingers the entire time. I'm a baby & it's really great. More  →
Which Celeb Is Responding to Engagement Rumors?

How to Cheer Up Kids Like a Boss

Talie is back with her most adorable Bucket List post EVER. —Sparkitors I've been in Miami! As much as I would love to say that I was living la vida loca whilst in Florida, my time was mostly spent playing with... More  →
How to Cheer Up Kids Like a Boss

Confession: I Just Don't Like The Hunger Games

By Eric GarneauMarch 28, 2012
Everyone go grab your favorite Usher CD for some background music, because I'm about to lay down some confessions. I saw The Hunger Games movie this weekend... and I didn't like it. If I were a film critic, I probably would've graded it a D.... More  →
Confession: I Just Don't Like The Hunger Games

Auntie SparkNotes: The Politics of Lunch

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 28, 2012
Hi Auntie! A few months ago, I met a freshman named Paul through my school's swimming team. Though he's a very sweet person, Paul is socially awkward and can be, in all honesty, quite annoying. Most members of the swim team were either unable to look... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Politics of Lunch

Would You Rather: Prom Edition

By Josh PeriloMarch 28, 2012
Life is full of choices. Each and every one leads us down a different road. Usually the choices are easy. But sometimes, there are no “right choices,” only “less sucky choices.” Welcome to our favorite game here at SparkLife: Would You Rather.... More  →
Would You Rather: Prom Edition

Open Thread for March 28

By SparkLifeMarch 28, 2012
Yum, pretty cupcakes. WE BET YOU DON'T LOVE THEM NEARLY AS MUCH AS WE DO!Send your OT pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for March 28