Search Menu
Menu

June Horoscopes

By Jon_SkindzierJune 6, 2012
Keep the power of positivity on your side throughout the month of June, as well as the power of ancient samurai magic. Laugh and the world laughs with you, unless you are wielding a katana. Cry, and you'll cry alone, unless you are wielding a katana. (You may notice this mon More  →
June Horoscopes

How NOT to Hit On Your Crush This Summer

By SissyJune 6, 2012
You’ve seen it happen on the big screen plenty of times in movies like Grease, Say Anything and Summer Catch—people hook up and have hot flings in the summertime. It’s just how these things work. Are you hoping to reel in your "person" and officially... More  →
How NOT to Hit On Your Crush This Summer

TRAILERS: Gangster Squad Vs. Lawless

By Tim WainwrightJune 6, 2012
Two new trailers are out for the crime movies that are sure to be competing for box office glory at the end of this summer. Both feature some of today’s hottest stars and both involve mayhem with Tommy guns, so let’s see if we can... More  →
TRAILERS: Gangster Squad Vs. Lawless

Camp NaNoWriMo: Your Summer Writing Challenge

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 6, 2012
If you're like me, you always wish you could do NaNo in November, but you never do. Because, well, there's all those dumb exams. Plus the holidays; because really, who wants to be struggling to write over Thanksgiving? (Okay, the answer to that is clearly... More  →
Camp NaNoWriMo: Your Summer Writing Challenge

Auntie SparkNotes: I Hate It When People Are Nice To Me

By kat_rosenfieldJune 6, 2012
Hey Auntie, So I have a weird problem: I hate it when people do generous things for me. Whenever someone does something nice for me, I feel like they felt obligated to do it and were put at an inconvenience, which in turn makes me feel... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Hate It When People Are Nice To Me

Science Fiction and Fantasy Author Ray Bradbury, 91, Passes Away

By Will RossJune 6, 2012
In sad news for geeks everywhere, award-winning Science Fiction and Fantasy author Ray Bradbury passed away today in California. He was 91 years old. Though known best for his novels like Fahrenheit 451, and The Martian Chronicles, Bradbury was also a prolific writer of plays (stage and... More  →
Science Fiction and Fantasy Author Ray Bradbury, 91, Passes Away

"Call Your Girlfriend" Cover

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 6, 2012
missmolly02481 sent us this link a little while ago, and we haven't been able to stop watching it since. These girls are AMAZING. Lennon and Maisy (ages TWELVE and EIGHT) did a cover of a cover of Robyn's "Call Your Girlfriend."... More  →
"Call Your Girlfriend" Cover

Writing Tips from a Bestselling Novelist

By EmmaJune 6, 2012
As aspiring novelists, we’re always looking for advice from people who have actually written and published books. So we were really excited when we found out we’d get to interview Alyson Noël. She’s a #1 New York Times bestselling writer of teen fiction, which means... More  →
Writing Tips from a Bestselling Novelist

Future Facebook Feature Upgrades (Say That 5 Times Fast)

By ContributorJune 6, 2012
Facebook has recently added a feature that allows users to “Star” their closest friends in order to see vital information about them as soon as it is uploaded. We can’t help but wonder what other exciting new Facebook upgrades we're in for in the future.... More  →
Future Facebook Feature Upgrades (Say That 5 Times Fast)

Glee Project Episode 1: "Individuality" Recap

By Eric GarneauJune 6, 2012
Welcome to your official Glee Project recaps, friends. Now that the 14 contestants on this show have been set up (by Saturday's episode 0, did you notice?!) one of these young hopefuls is going to sing, dance, and dramatize his or her way into... More  →
Glee Project Episode 1: "Individuality" Recap