Skip over navigation

Exclusive! Ex-Shoe Salesman Tells All

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 23, 2010
During high school, I worked at three different shoe stores in two different malls. There are far worse after-school and summer jobs out there, such as landscaping and being a spider veterinarian's assistant, so I’ll never complain about the gig. But I will reveal the... More  →
Exclusive! Ex-Shoe Salesman Tells All

Auntie SparkNotes: Slow-Burning Passion and Short-Statured Dudes

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 23, 2010
If you don't want to make out with someone right away, does that mean you'll never be attracted to him? Auntie tells us. —Sparkitors Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I met this guy a few weeks ago and we have been hanging out a lot since then. I thought... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Slow-Burning Passion and Short-Statured Dudes

Books You Can Read with Your Younger Sibs

By ContributorSeptember 23, 2010
synchrogirl117 sounds like a really nice older sister. Nothing like the ed editing her work! —Sparkitors I've always loved to read, so it's hard for me to believe that there ARE people who don't like reading! (I know. I was shocked, too.) Unfortunately, my little... More  →
Books You Can Read with Your Younger Sibs

Open Thread for September 23

By Emily WinterSeptember 23, 2010
Hide your eyez! Scandal! Danger! Stuff you shouldn't see!!!! Ermmm, sorry. Purple flowers always reminds this ed of underpants. The kids in the movie Big used "seeing her purple flowers" as a euphemism for, you know, panties. Ewwwwwwww! Thanks for triggering this memory, do.the.hippogriff!... More  →
Open Thread for September 23

Movie Review: Easy A

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 22, 2010
A strong, female protagonist. Smart, funny dialogue. A cast that makes acting look like something anyone can do. Ladies and gentlemen, we may have just found... More  →
Movie Review: Easy A

Blogging My AP World History Experience

By ContributorSeptember 22, 2010
dasp_girly, we bet you could ANY class entertaining.—Sparkitors I had Advanced Placement World History today. It's supposedly college level, but my teacher is a lunatic—if you stick around, you'll begin to understand the depths of her insanity. To give... More  →
Blogging My AP World History Experience

Feel Like Learning American Sign Language? Learn This Stuff First

If we ever get a special ASL name, we hope it's the same as staresinspace's. —Sparkitors So you wanna learn American Sign Language? Okay. Go to a library and open up a book and stare at it for an obscenely long period of time.... More  →
Feel Like Learning American Sign Language? Learn This Stuff First

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 4

By Emily WinterSeptember 22, 2010
Chapters 8-11 At Casa de Bingley—home of The Bingley Burger—the Bingley sisters don't give two peppery sharts about sick Jane Bennet, which makes Lizzy happy, because it means Lizzy's allowed to hate the Bingley sisters again. Being happy about being angry is really, really cool. Lizzy makes... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as If It Were a Teen Novel: Part 4

Best Ways to Watch TV (If You Don't Have a TV)

By Dan_BergsteinSeptember 22, 2010
The new TV season is here, and that means there are new shows to watch and old shows to stay on top of. The pressure to watch every show can lead to headaches, stomachaches, and unwanted toe hair. But in this modern age,... More  →
Best Ways to Watch TV (If You Don't Have a TV)

If Your Life Were a Movie

We want to know which bands are on neomaxizoomdwbi's life soundtrack! —Sparkitors Have you ever thought about how easy life would be if you could live it according to movies? You’d have fewer problems if you could figure out which cinematic cliché you’re caught... More  →
If Your Life Were a Movie