Skip over navigation

Shutter Island: Is The Book Better Than the Movie?

By ContributorJuly 13, 2011

Nicole—Lyn is on a book-reviewin' tear, and no one can stop her.—Sparkitors

In today’s society, television and movies tend to be more popular than books. Whether or not that’s an acceptable occurrence is actually a semi-important question, and semi-important questions

... More  →
Shutter Island: Is The Book Better Than the Movie?

What the Heck is Popularity Anyway?

By ContributorJuly 13, 2011

azn4life333 might know the secret to popularity. INTRIGUED?—Sparkitors

Many of you probably noticed the argument that Jono’s post sparked the other day about the difference between a popular kid and a nerd. I... More  →
What the Heck is Popularity Anyway?

The Pros and Cons of Being in a Relationship

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 13, 2011
Everyone knows relationships have their ups and downs... you love him one day, hate him the next. Her face is beautiful one day, you can't stand to see her the next. You go on dates, fight over the phone, and make out in closets. But... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being in a Relationship

Open Thread for July 13

By SparkLifeJuly 13, 2011
For once, I actually know what a gamer-Sparkler is talking about. SPORES, dudes. Spores rock my headgear off. My spore is named FRED. Here's InsaneRunningKid's note... This is a picture I took of my latest Spore creation. For those of you who don't... More  →
Open Thread for July 13

Have You Named Your Babies Yet?

By ContributorJuly 12, 2011
Scott-Free is blogging the dating book THE RULES. But this week's rule isn't so much a rule as a series of words that don't help anyone at all. Let's see if Scott can make sense of this... —Sparkitors Rule #9: How to Act on... More  →
Have You Named Your Babies Yet?

Auntie SparkNotes: The Lick of Love

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 12, 2011
Dear Auntie, I've got this boyfriend, this fantastic man-creature that has decided to spend his time with me and call himself mine. Great, right? Yes, except that he keeps licking me. No, I don't mean that way -- I'm talking just basic licking. My face, my neck,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Lick of Love

Ten Ways To Make New Friends This Summer

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 12, 2011
Have you ever looked around at your group of friends and thought to yourself, wow, these guys are awful? If so, there's a strong possibility that you might be a jerk, but that's okay. We're going to help you out anyway. As it happens, summer is... More  →
Ten Ways To Make New Friends This Summer

Announcing the New Fiction Contest!

By Miss MarmJuly 12, 2011
What do butts, Louis CK, and penguins have in common? They are all funny. And the theme of our new fiction contest is FUNNY STORIES THAT MAKE US LAUGH. FAQs, activate! What do you mean by "funny"? We mean David Sedaris, Dear Albert, Nancy... More  →
Announcing the New Fiction Contest!

Utter Terror and Squid Metaphors: Coming Out and My Journey to Happiness!

By ContributorJuly 12, 2011
We've published a lot of really awesome coming out posts lately, but this one by the brave and hilarious horcruxnumber7 might just be our favorite.—Sparkitors As teenagers, we all go through what I call “those gut-wrenching-horrifically-scary-reduce-you-to-a-puddle-of-anxiety-jello moments.” For whatever reason (I personally blame... More  →
Utter Terror and Squid Metaphors: Coming Out and My Journey to Happiness!

Emma Watson Is Lost in Translation

By Aislinn ShevlinJuly 12, 2011
Emma Watson is one of my favorite people ever, and I'm convinced that we would be best friends if I went to Brown. I hope she acts/lives forever. Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Emma Watson Is Lost in Translation