Skip over navigation

Movie Review: Black Swan

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 10, 2010
Back in August, we gave you a taste of director Darren Aronofsky's latest hot slice of crazy when we recapped the Black Swan trailer. To give you a quick reminder: creepiness, Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, creepiness, ballet, creepy mom, beautiful dancing,... More  →
Movie Review: Black Swan

Never Been Kissed in Ontario: Top 10s

By ContributorDecember 10, 2010
Sparklers, meet Sara. If she makes you laugh like she made us laugh, you'll hope she stays a lip virgin forever (but not really, because that would be mean). —Sparkitors The world of a 17-year-old girl can be pretty treacherous. Sometimes it can feel... More  →
Never Been Kissed in Ontario: Top 10s

Auntie SparkNotes: Letters That Scare Us To Death

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 10, 2010
What should you do if something really scary and awful happened to you? Auntie knows. —Sparkitors Hello Auntie, I'm a 15 year old guy. We recently moved to a new place and there is apparently a pedophile here. He kept asking me for a cup of coffee.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Letters That Scare Us To Death

Megan's Life Lessons: How to Win at Everything

By Megan PrietzelDecember 10, 2010
If you want to be an epic, awesome sort of human being, you simply MUST master the art of winning. Forget everything you learned in kindergarten—we can’t ALL be winners. But every Sparkler can…and must. Or else. *Cue ominous music.* *Cue thunder and lightning.* *Cue... More  →

How to Dress Like... Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TeenAuthorsForTheWin has advice for the Manklers! Eh, let’s face it, it’s more of a demand. –Sparkitors Hey, Manklers! How’d you like to get this Sparklette’s attention? You’re just one box of hair bleach and sack of black clothing away from getting noticed in a... More  →
How to Dress Like... Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Let's Sound Fancy!

We want to sound as fancy as possible. That's why we're so ebullient about this post by Courtney Guth! —Sparkitors I’m sure it isn’t shocking that I love words; after all, I am an English major. Germanic or Latinate, I don’t discriminate. At the risk of... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Let's Sound Fancy!

Interview With a Sparkler: Round "Dude, Mr. President, Stop Stealing My Fries."

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 10, 2010
Get this, guys: two of the most popular answers to last week's question also happen to be two of history's most noble, courageous, handsomely handsome, witty, tall, and handsome figures: Abraham "The Liberator" Lincoln, and Chelsea "The Sweatinator" Dagger. It's a fair comparison,... More  →

Life as an Atheist

@PleasantlyDazed@, if you're too lazy to pick a religion, does that make you an atheist... or a... lazyist? —Sparkitors You might have read the title of this post and gasped. “An atheist!? Oh, the horror!” Or maybe you thought, “What does that even mean?”... More  →
Life as an Atheist

Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 22

Finally, ghosts! Thanks for making it this far, Coffinmaker! —Sparkitors Chapters XXIX-XXXI Before this chapter, I had developed a theory that I liked to call the Bummer Theory. The theory was that after chapter 28 (or XXVIII for all you Romans out there—oh, and hey!... More  →
Blogging Wuthering Heights: Part 22

Life According to Ginger: In the First Circle of Hell Week

Hell Week (a.k.a. Dead Week) is upon me. At my school, for some reason, the week before finals is worse than finals themselves, and I’m really feeling it right now. I’m completely swamped with homework—I won’t even go into the list of everything I have... More  →
Life According to Ginger: In the First Circle of Hell Week