Search Menu
Menu

Flyergirl Dominates the Google "D" List

By ContributorFebruary 21, 2012
Flyergirl presents the latest installment in her hilarious "Google How To" series!—Sparkitors "D" is such an interesting letter, wouldn't you agree? I feel kind of bad for it, because you always recite your ABCs, never your ABCDs. I mean, X doesn't feel left out,... More  →
Flyergirl Dominates the Google "D" List

Heyo, Residents of Girl Land: What's Your Opinion?

By Chrissie GruebelFebruary 21, 2012
The latest release from controversial author Caitlin Flanagan is out—and the subject is YOU. Chrissie gets her reviewin' boots on and breaks the book down, one outdated Seventeen reference at a... More  →
Heyo, Residents of Girl Land: What's Your Opinion?

Open Thread for February 21

By SparkLifeFebruary 21, 2012
After seeing Beauty and the Beast in 3D, we can't resist anything Belle-related. Which is why, though we aren't jealous of Kimmy's Lumiere costume, we are TOTALLY jealous of her production of Beauty and the Beast. So. Jealous.... More  →
Open Thread for February 21

All About CHEESE!

By SissyFebruary 20, 2012
It’s not just for the Wisconsinites anymore—everyone who's anyone eats cheese on the regular. Since we’re nerds with lots of free time, we want to turn you into cheeseheads who know everything about this sacred food of the gods, so you too can sound smart and pompous. More  →
All About CHEESE!

Our New-and-Improved Lip Gloss Colors

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 20, 2012
Who cares about "fire engine red" or "berry blush?" We need gloss colors with some actual meaning behind them, like: Snot: This clear, viscous gloss adds amazing shine and luster. That is, until the wind blows and your hair gets stuck in it, leaving... More  →
Our New-and-Improved Lip Gloss Colors

SPARKLERS, GIVE US YOUR DOODLES!

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 20, 2012
HULLO BUTTS! How are you today? Splendid? Mediocre at best? Wildly intrigued by the title of this post? WONDERFUL! I'm going to assume you all picked option 3 and get right down to the dirty deets: SparkLife's super-talented designer Phil is jonesin' for... More  →
SPARKLERS, GIVE US YOUR DOODLES!

Apneet Reports from Fashion Week!

By ApneetFebruary 20, 2012
Last week I took a departure from vintage and thrifted fashions and focused on modern designers. It was, after all, New York Fashion Week. This was the first time I attended, and I had a blast shooting photos and conducting interviews. It was difficult balancing homework, sc More  →
Apneet Reports from Fashion Week!

The Five Stages of Sleep Deprivation

By ContributorFebruary 20, 2012
Willow 908 is an expert on insomnia, narcolepsy, and errrvrything in between!—Sparkitors As high school and college students, I'm sure you're all familiar with exhausting all-nighters, endless cram sessions, 3-hour naps, and the... More  →
The Five Stages of Sleep Deprivation

Chipotle vs. Qdoba: The Burrito Faceoff You've Been Waiting For

By Valerie BurnFebruary 20, 2012
Burritos are a total wonderfood: spicy, salty, protein-packed, filling, and magnificent. Burritos are an excellent pick-me-up on a bad day, and may even hold the key to the cure for the common cold. It is a scientific fact that no one has ever cried while... More  →
Chipotle vs. Qdoba: The Burrito Faceoff You've Been Waiting For

Least Appropriate Prom Themes

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 20, 2012
Enchantment Under the Sea Prom? So 1955-and-please-tell-me-you've-seen-this-movie. Meant for Each Other Prom? So 1999-and-please-tell-me-you've-never-seen-this-movie. Those themes are old and tired and safe. Make your prom stand out with one of these terrible bad-boys: Carrie Prom: Dress code: '70s... More  →
Least Appropriate Prom Themes