Search Menu
Menu

Valentine's Songs that Make Me Want to Cry (and Not Because My Ears are Bleeding!)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 9, 2012
beks405 has come up with the perfect Valentine's Day playlist.  If this doesn't make you go "awwww," then you're probably a bitter singleton. Or just un-mushy. 1. "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin. "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be... More  →
Valentine's Songs that Make Me Want to Cry (and Not Because My Ears are Bleeding!)

Why CDs Are Better Than iPods

By ContributorFebruary 9, 2012
Metalhead is on a mission to save good, old-fashioned music. Are you with him?—Sparkitors So recently I was listening to my favorite NPR radio show (yes, I'm a 17-year-old, and I listen to NPR. Don't judge), and I heard a report that major... More  →
Why CDs Are Better Than iPods

Open Thread for February 9

By SparkLifeFebruary 9, 2012
Tonythetank sent us this awesome picture of...we're not really sure. Hula hoops that glow in the dark? Magic lasers? We're not sure, but it looks cool!... More  →
Open Thread for February 9

15 Pickup Lines For V-Day

By Rachel KorowitzFebruary 8, 2012
You want your Valentine's Day pick-up lines? We got 'em. Bust out these gems to make the girlies swoon and the dudes be all, "How have we never smooshed our faces together before?" Is that Cupid in your pocket, or do you just have really weirdly-shaped pants? You... More  →
15 Pickup Lines For V-Day

Auntie SparkNotes: Parental Perspectives

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 8, 2012
Hey Auntie, I need your help. My parents have been broken up for 16 years. They were never married, and when they broke up I was only 10 months old, so I don't remember any of it. Now I'm 17, and my parents have been at... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Parental Perspectives

How to Get Rapunzel Hair

By EmmaFebruary 8, 2012
Was your favorite part of Tangled A) the horse, B) the bar song, C) "Mother Knows Best," or D) Rapunzel's lustrous braid? The correct answer is ALL OF THE ABOVE, of course! To help you with D, Alexis is here with a Tangled braid tutorial. Enjoy! ... More  →
How to Get Rapunzel Hair

How to Get the Right Guy

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2012
Are you waiting for your knight in shining armor? Well, thanks to bee6006, here's a few hints to land yourself the right guy. Do you thinks these tips will actually work? Send your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
How to Get the Right Guy

How Do You Feel About the Jessica Ahlquist Case?

By Josh PeriloFebruary 8, 2012
Like hunting, shopping malls, and Cinnabon, the separation of church and state has been a unique element of our country’s identity since its founding. Most recently, the fight on both sides of the issue has boiled over with a high school student in... More  →
How Do You Feel About the Jessica Ahlquist Case?

Ask a Teacher: Midterm Advice

By Mr. JonesFebruary 8, 2012
Q: What's the best way to study for a midterm, whether it is English, History, Mathematics, Science, etc., and not freak out, AND get a good score all at once? A: Wow, there’s a lot of pent-up anxiety in that question. The fact that midterm/finals anxiety... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Midterm Advice

Ways To Make It Seem Like You Have a Valentine When You So Don't

By Lauren PassellFebruary 8, 2012
Valentine's Day Season can be rough for two reasons. Either everyone is fighting to be your valentine and it is getting soooo annoying and out-of-control because they hide in your locker and are fattening you up with cupcakes, or nobody is asking you at all... More  →
Ways To Make It Seem Like You Have a Valentine When You So Don't