Skip over navigation

Open Thread for February 14

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 14, 2011
Some people may be under the impression that today is Valentine's Day. Well, those people are wrong. Because today is actually much better than Valentine's Day: it's Chelsea Dagger's mom's birthday! And since she just happens to be the most brilliant... More  →
Open Thread for February 14

Open Thread for February 13

By Miss MarmFebruary 13, 2011
My friends and I were at a movie theater at a popular mall in our city (we live in Beijing, which would explain the Chinese) when we came across this very funny poster with terrible spelling and capitalization that Miss Marm would most definitely disapprove... More  →
Open Thread for February 13

Open Thread for February 12

By EmmaFebruary 12, 2011
Is this a bunny? A fat ferret? A guinea pig with elephant ears? No! It's a chinchilla, it belongs to havefuninhogsmeade, and its name is Percy, after Percy Weasley! Send your adorable pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for February 12

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 11, 2011
Aaaand the winner of the final section of Round 1 is Badge #48! Congratulations to you, and to the other contestants in Round 1L. Well, Sparklers, we've finally made it to Round 2! We have 14 contestants in this Round, which we are going to narrow... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2A

Auntie SparkNotes: No Dress, and Somewhere To Go

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 11, 2011
DEEEAAAAR Auntie Sparknotes. Hi. Well, I'm not sure that my question warrants a proper reply, especially compared to some of the rest of the problems that my dear fellow Sparklers have, but I thought you might be able to offer some of your always amazing advice. So.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: No Dress, and Somewhere To Go

Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: Michael Cera in the Mix

By ContributorFebruary 11, 2011
A new man in the mix?! Faye really knows how to keep the drama a'comin'. —Sparkitors Sparklers, because you’re all so amazing, I’m going to give you a vocabulary lesson! (Please try to contain your excitement). Today’s word is quandary. quandary [kwon-duh-ree, -dree]... More  →
Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: Michael Cera in the Mix

Ask Jono: Relationships, From Start To Makeout

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 11, 2011
Dear Jono, I am a junior in high school and have never had a boyfriend. Ever. One thing that always happens to me when I am around a cute guy or a guy I like is that I can start to act weird, hyper or extremely... More  →
Ask Jono: Relationships, From Start To Makeout

Diary of a Super Virgin: Part 5!

reignshine is switching her focus: instead of trying to land a man, she's going to give herself a self-esteem upgrade!—Sparkitors Let me just start by saying rejection is a bridge that is a po and a half to... More  →
Diary of a Super Virgin: Part 5!

The California Wars: Why NorCal Is Superior

Trixie_Lestrange says what we've all been thinking: "rebuttal" is a hilarious word. And then she throws down for Northern California! –Sparkitors After reading ladybug8893's recent post, I started to notice just how much of a Sparkler rivalry there is between the two halves... More  →
The California Wars: Why NorCal Is Superior

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Part 8!

thenameselodie has figured out the secrets of the universe, but her crush's texts are still a mystery.—Sparkitors I just made a discovery that’s going to blow your minds. Whenever you consider the day a write-off before you’ve... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Part 8!