Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Crushy Convos

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 26, 2011
Dear Auntie, I started talking to this boy, and I find I'm really liking him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't despise me, and he invited me to a concert by a band we both like. My problem really is that the more I like him, the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Crushy Convos

The Truth About Wiccans

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
dontfightmyblaze, is it possible to worship nature if you live in New York City? Or would we have to worship... concrete? —Sparkitors Most of you probably opened this page to read stories of witches riding a broomstick or stirring a cauldron or turning people... More  →
 The Truth About Wiccans

Updating the Covers of Classic Books

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 26, 2011
Required reading would be much more fun if the covers of so-called classics reflected modern tastes. If publishers and educators were smart, they would hide the infamous books behind more interesting covers and titles. Adding a touch of the supernatural, an air of mystery, and... More  →
Updating the Covers of Classic Books

15 Ways To Get Sympathy When You're Mildly Sick

By Lucy HutchinsonJanuary 26, 2011
It's bad enough when you have the sniffles or a scratchy throat, but it's even worse when nobody knows about it. Everyone treats you normally, not realizing you're inches from death! Here are a few ways to get as much sympathy as possible when you're... More  →
15 Ways To Get Sympathy When You're Mildly Sick

Why English Is the Best Subject in the Universe

By ContributorJanuary 26, 2011
Odds are good you're preaching to the choir, zara95! –Sparkitors On school days, the last thing I want to do is get out of my warm bed and plunge into a cold world of math, science, and the rest of my hectic, mundane school... More  →
Why English Is the Best Subject in the Universe

The Hit List: Nikki Yanofsky

greenflamingo001 has got an ear for great music.—Sparkitors In a music world that's increasingly full of what my English teacher calls "rap crap," finding great, classic music can be challenging.  But one day, while surfing iTunes and searching for new music,... More  →
The Hit List: Nikki Yanofsky

The Secrets of Girls’ Bathroom Breaks

We can't find the name of the Sparkler who submitted this hilarious post; if it was you, tell us in the comments!—Sparkitors So many people (mostly guys) have asked me what exactly it is that girls do when they go to the bathroom together,... More  →
The Secrets of Girls’ Bathroom Breaks

Cartoons That Make Me Miss Being a Kid, Round 2

SyedaW used to a be a huge fan of cartoons—and some things never change.—Sparkitors Although Mochalatte's recently published list of awesome cartoons is, well, awesome, I'd like to add a few forgotten gems.... More  →
Cartoons That Make Me Miss Being a Kid, Round 2

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1I

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
Congratulations Badge #31, the winner of Round 1H! And great job to all the other badges, we think that may have been the closest round yet. And speaking of rounds, we only have three more rounds before we can move on to Round 2! So... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1I

How to Get Noticed in High School

MySockDon’tMatch is anything but subtle, and we like it that way. –Sparkitors If you're looking to get noticed, and all you're worried about is making an impression—any impression—on your peers, than there are many different ways to stand out. Here are a few. 1. Walk... More  →
How to Get Noticed in High School