Skip over navigation
Prom

Sparkler Style: Takin' Fashion to the Max(i)!

By ContributorApril 19, 2011
{Insert_Witty_Username_Here} is a fashionista with undeniably quirky taste, and we love that her bold style choices make her stand out from the crowd!—Sparkitors I’m in middle school. This means almost all my peers wear some variation of jeggings/uggs/Abercrombie shirts. I, however,... More  →
Sparkler Style: Takin' Fashion to the Max(i)!

Playlist of the Day: About the Weather

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 19, 2011
Akumeoi made today's playlist because it's April, and April requires Songs About the Weather. "Raindrops" by Regina Spektor "Umbrella" by Rihanna "Then Comes the Rain" by Jemisu Jones "Storms in Africa" by Enya "Storm" by Blackmore's Night "Here Comes... More  →
Playlist of the Day: About the Weather

Awkwardness: A Comprehensive Guide

From cell phone excuses to awkward turtles, JimSauce has you covered.—Sparkitors For some reason, teenagers are really prone to getting into awkward situations. And I don’t mean “walk into the wrong classroom on the first day of school” awkward. Nope, I’m talking, “trip, fall,... More  →
Awkwardness: A Comprehensive Guide

One Year, 100 Books: Starship Troopers

Lonks is officially 25% done with her quest! HOORAH!—Sparkitors Book #25: Starship Troopers Author: Robert A. Heinlein Reason for Reading: I wanted to read some Sci-Fi, and this is what my older brother picked out for me. Quote: I couldn’t chose between two... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Starship Troopers

Intern's Pick of the Day: Star Wars on the Subway

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 19, 2011
Yes, you read that right. Improv Everywhere, those awesome people, has brought Star Wars into the very belly of New York City. Thanks squeegeethesquid... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day: Star Wars on the Subway

Open Thread for April 19

By Chelsea DaggerApril 19, 2011
aquagleam15 sent us this wildly artistic snapshot with no explanation, so it's up to you to craft a masterful story to go along with it. Do these shadows belong to best friends? Vampire demons? Members of Peter Pan's gang? YOU DECIDE.... More  →
Open Thread for April 19

Ask Kat: He Said, She Said, Higher Ed

By kat_rosenfieldApril 18, 2011
Hi Kat, One of my professors at my university has informed the guy I like (who sits next to me in her class) that I "really like him"—this is according to my very good friend, who was listening to my crush talk to a group of... More  →
Ask Kat: He Said, She Said, Higher Ed

Auntie SparkNotes: I Want My Pink Shirt Back!

By kat_rosenfieldApril 18, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I'm in eighth grade, about to go to magnet high school. I have a friend, "Maria," who I've know since first grade, who's acting like a total butthead. We hang out in this small group of people, and lately I've sort of been... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Want My Pink Shirt Back!

The Politics of Boobs

By ContributorApril 18, 2011
jesusfreak823 isn't afraid to broach the awkward subject of boobs! (Sorry Manklers, this post is for the laaaddies.)—Sparkitors I am one of those girls who is always clicking through the pages and pages of fantastical articles that SparkNotes has... More  →
The Politics of Boobs

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 18, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from the last post go to: charred_rose11: Harry Potter was so aggrieved that the Weasleys were out of his favorite brand of maple syrup (Magic Maple Zap Sap 2000! For all your magical... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!