Skip over navigation

What To Wear When You'd Rather Be Nude

By kat_rosenfieldJune 28, 2011
Oh, hey there! Those of you with deductive superpowers (or, even better, stalker tendencies) may have noticed the unusual dearth of Sparkstyle posts over the past few weeks. This is because a) I had a terrible allergic reaction to something I ate on Memorial Day, and... More  →
What To Wear When You'd Rather Be Nude

Dorm Room Art Even YOU Can Make

By Jon_SkindzierJune 28, 2011
If you're not artistically inclined, you might assume you're not capable of decorating with artsy art, the creative kind that makes drama majors swoon and engineering majors scramble to escape out the window. But if Andy Warhol could have some guys pee on... More  →
Dorm Room Art Even YOU Can Make

How To Defeat Writer's Block Once and For All

By ContributorJune 28, 2011
alexsarcastic221 has all the tools to turn you into Ernest Hemingway (minus the alcoholism).—Sparkitors Alright, now that I have positioned myself comfortably in my thinking chair and mentally recited a few of my funniest knock-knock jokes, I believe that... More  →
How To Defeat Writer's Block Once and For All

The Little Prince

Lonks takes on a childhood classic!—Sparkitors Book #41: The Little Prince Author (and Illustrator): Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Reason for Reading: This is my best friend’s favorite childhood book, and she was completely appalled when I told her that I had never... More  →
The Little Prince

The Hunger Games Love Triangle

By Aislinn ShevlinJune 28, 2011
Parody videos are usually ridiculous so I never watch them. However, my friend sent this to me a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head. It totally beats Britney's version. I can't wait to see the real movie in a... More  →
The Hunger Games Love Triangle

6 Reasons Why Glee Is Actually Not That Great

SunBrightSparrow is about to set off a lot of metaphorical bombs. TAKE COVER, GLEE FANS.—Sparkitors I’m going to say something that I fear is going to make me really unpopular: Glee is just not that good. Now, I didn’t always think this. I... More  →
6 Reasons Why Glee Is Actually Not That Great

New Series Alert: WRITER WARS!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 28, 2011
Sparklers, what's the one thing you love MOST in this world? No, don't say "butts." Don't say "Dan Bergstein," either. Or "bacon." Or "a to-scale bacon replica of Dan Bergstein's butt." In fact, just stop guessing; we'll tell you what you love most in the world;... More  →
New Series Alert: WRITER WARS!

The Sparkler's Guide to Yearbook Signatures

Longer_Than_Forever hopes you have a great summer and will see you next fall. She's just much more stylish about saying it. –Sparkitors As the school year comes to an end, you may suddenly find yourself in possession of a yearbook. While the pictures will... More  →
The Sparkler's Guide to Yearbook Signatures

Open Thread for June 28

By SparkLifeJune 28, 2011

I Wish I Was In Dublin submitted this sweet birthday pic for her pal Don'tWorryBeHappy. We're a little late in publishing it, but better late than never, right? Happy Belated B-day!

... More  →
Open Thread for June 28

How to Love the Beach as a Non-Beach Lover

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 27, 2011
In this world, there are two kinds of people: mountain people (not to be confused with hillbillies) and beach people. I am a mountain person. Which doesn't mean that I don't like the beach or that I won't invite myself to a friend's... More  →
How to Love the Beach as a Non-Beach Lover