Skip over navigation

Five Ways to Battle the Scary Movie Chills

By ContributorFebruary 8, 2011
IWontGrowUp, we LOVE this post! And it’s not just because thinking of Scream still makes tears erupt spontaneously from our eyes. –Sparkitors Let’s say you’re getting all girly at a slumber party, doing your nails, eating popcorn, gossiping about boys, when one... More  →
Five Ways to Battle the Scary Movie Chills

Auntie SparkNotes: The Coldest Shoulder

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 8, 2011
Dear Auntie, I used to be really, really good friends with this awesome guy. We'd talk for hours on end, and life was good. I was head over heels for him. (This is where anyone who's reading this sighs in disgust. Just bear with me.) I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Coldest Shoulder

Blogging the Chicago Blizzard of 2011

We're glad we're not stuck in Chicago under two feet of snow, but Zayz doesn't mind too much! —Sparkitors

In case you haven’t heard already, Midwesterners spent last week in the worst blizzard since the late 1960s. I was trapped... More  →
Blogging the Chicago Blizzard of 2011

Interview With My First Crush

By Ashley SpencerFebruary 8, 2011
Using Valentine's Day as an excuse, I called up my first crush (we're still friends after a dozen years) and asked if he would like to sit down and answer all the lingering questions I have for him. I'm not sure if he is a... More  →
Interview With My First Crush

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1L

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2011
Wow, Sparklers—the last round was so close we had to TRIPLE COUNT. Want to know why it was so close? Because it was A TIE! That's right: both Badge #42 and Badge #43 are going to Round 2! Congratulations to you, and to the other... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1L

Ways Your Body Ruins Everything

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 8, 2011
Your body is pretty good at some stuff, such as developing from a baby into an adult, moving around on two legs, and converting a taco into life-sustaining energy. Unfortunately, it's also pretty stupid, in that it doesn't understand exactly what you want it to... More  →
Ways Your Body Ruins Everything

The Best Inspirational Web Sites

DrakeObsessor has the perfect cure for your bad-day blues.—Sparkitors Have you ever had one of those days where it’s raining, your AP World teacher gave a pop quiz, and you missed the bus home?  You have?  Well,... More  →
The Best Inspirational Web Sites

Unwhole: Chapter 8

We can't believe how gripping Darklite808's book is! We can't read it fast enough. —Sparkitors The second I opened my eyes, I thought I was on fire. It was dim, but still the light burned my eyes. Pain radiated through my body. My head... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 8

One Year, 100 Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray

We've never felt the need to read this classic, but Lonks' rave review gave us a reason enough to check it out!—Sparkitors Book #9: The Picture of Dorian Gray Author: Oscar Wilde Quote: I am so glad you have never done... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 8, 2011
The gummy bear torture chamber. The Gummy Bear Torture Chamber. The GUMMY BEAR TORTURE CHAMBER. Seriously, it just sounds epic. Anyway, watch this, and learn how to use chemistry to make a gummy bear explode. Awesome. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com! (Extra awesome points if... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day