Skip over navigation

If Not Yale, Then Where?

By ContributorMay 17, 2011
Laura (and her alterego, rosefan42) has profuse thanks and even profuser QUESTIONS for all you college-prepping, Harry Potter-loving Sparklers, because she's a British Sparkler trying to get into Yale with your help! –Sparkitors Are you there, Sparklers? It’s me, Laura. Let me just... More  →
If Not Yale, Then Where?

Nightmare on Stock Photo Street

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 17, 2011
Guys, our Stock Photo Face-Off comments are flagging, so we decided to find some EXTRA creepy, EXTRA bizarre, EXTRA seizure-inducing stock photos for this week's face-off. We cannot promise that these won't give you nightmares, okay? So you might... More  →
Nightmare on Stock Photo Street

How to Appreciate School (Now That It's Ending)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 17, 2011
In a few weeks, you'll be out of school. After spending months of your life living in that windowless prison of a building that smells like sweaty feet, you're probably having a hard time doing anything but rejoicing about the coming of summer. But wait!... More  →
How to Appreciate School (Now That It's Ending)

Ode to the Small Things

nerd_alert knows that even the simplest things can make life sweeter!—Sparkitors Some brand new Converse straight out of its box. My best friend's new hat that looks like a fox. Warm clothes in winter and... More  →
Ode to the Small Things

Chivalry is Sexy!

Animated_Apathy wants boys to bring chivalry back, and we totally agree! Did you ever realize that there’s a group of really amazing people all around you?  They’re not announcing their actions in the streets or the interwebs. They just do... More  →
Chivalry is Sexy!

Open Thread for May 17

By Chelsea DaggerMay 17, 2011
Lilolemole says: I think this picture sums up nicely what every girl in Britain is thinking aroundabout now. Dude, this picture sums up what every SPARKITOR is thinkin' aroundabout now, too. Harry is FLY.... More  →
Open Thread for May 17

How to Love Your Third-Choice College

By Ashley SpencerMay 16, 2011
If you’re set to attend your third-choice college this fall, you may be feeling a bit bummed out—kind of like that time you found out Harry Potter wasn’t non-fiction, or realized you’d have to go to prom with your second cousin once removed. The old... More  →
How to Love Your Third-Choice College

Silence and Bloody Knuckles

By ContributorMay 16, 2011
Scott-Free is blogging a book called The Rules—a guide to obtaining Mr. Right. And he's doing it from a canoe, naturally. —Sparkitors This post is dedicated to all those Native Americans who fought against their European invaders in canoes. ‘Cause this week I went... More  →
Silence and Bloody Knuckles

Auntie SparkNotes: Facebooklessness

By kat_rosenfieldMay 16, 2011
Dearest Auntie, Let me preface with my candid declaration that I am not a Facebook addict. I do not spend hours on Facebook each night, or even minutes or seconds. In actuality, though I *was* a Facebookie last year, I found that the habit was quite... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Facebooklessness

Committee of Cool: Sparkitorpreciation (Longest Word EVER!)

By Chelsea DaggerMay 16, 2011
Chelsea: CHAT TIME? Emma: Chat timezzz Chelsea: I would surely APPRECIATE if Emily was here. Emily: I'm here, salty. Chelsea: That's what my nickname was back when I was a sea captain. EmilyMore  →
Committee of Cool: Sparkitorpreciation (Longest Word EVER!)