Skip over navigation

How To Do the Prom Makeups

By Emily WinterMarch 1, 2011
You're in the right place. This Sparkitor used to work at a makeups counter in the mall. Now, are you ready to know all the things? More  →
How To Do the Prom Makeups

How To Enjoy a Bad Mood

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 1, 2011
Some people just can't abide seeing you in a bad mood. As soon as they detect your aura of crankiness, they feel obligated to talk you out of it. "Life is as beautiful as hugging a bunny!" they'll gush. "Rainbows and gumdrops and look outside,... More  →
How To Enjoy a Bad Mood

Bad Prom Hair

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 1, 2011
The right prom hairstyle can make your whole look—and the wrong one can turn a perfect evening into an unmitigated disaster. But which are the wrong ones? Don't worry; we'll tell you! More  →
Bad Prom Hair

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 4A

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 1, 2011
Aaaaaaand the winner of Round 3D is TheEpicNinjaOfEpicness's Badge #25! Congratulations, Sparkler! Today is monumental. Today is life-changing. Today is HUGE. Today is half of Round 4! We are down to the Final Four Badges in this competition. (The final four in... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 4A

Auntie SparkNotes: If You Wanna Know If He Loves You So, It's In His *POKE*

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 1, 2011
Dear Auntie, I have an issue with my boyfriend that just never seems to be solved: he never texts me/posts on my wall. I feel like he doesn't really care at all. I've discussed it with him a couple of times, but I feel like I'm... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: If You Wanna Know If He Loves You So, It's In His *POKE*

Chicken Soup for the Non-Prom-Goer’s Soul

By ContributorMarch 1, 2011
Zayz's advice is so lovely it makes us wish we had a prom to not go to! –Sparkitors To go to prom or not to go to prom? That is the question—and sometimes, the answer is the latter option. Which, contrary to popular belief,... More  →
Chicken Soup for the Non-Prom-Goer’s Soul

Facebook War: Attack Of The Parentals

jtjuvenile knows that you already friended your mom. Quit frontin'.—Sparkitors “Accept me, or I shall ground you.” “I sent you a friend request  on Facebook. It’s up to you if you want to add me.” “FINE, I promise I  won’t upload your... More  →
Facebook War: Attack Of The Parentals

The Pros and Cons of Early Graduation

Lucky for us, amaryllismoon's got the time on her hands to write us this super-enlightening article! –Sparkitors I am a high school senior. I'm also in college. Confused? Let me explain. About two years ago, my father was transferred from the East Coast... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Early Graduation

My French Adventure: Part 4!

LadyM is experiencing a bit of culture shock—but hey, at least the baguettes are good!—Sparkitors So. You know about my school, and you know about my tour of Paris. Today, let's discuss some of my day to day [mis]adventures as... More  →
My French Adventure: Part 4!

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 1, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by Spurious_Spooks and it's called Optimism With a Shot of Philosophy. 1. "Kings in Castles" by Michael Tolcher 2. "Ordinary" by Emerson Hart 3. "I Want to Know" by The Mavericks 4. "On the Radio" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day