Menu

THIS POST WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON (And Also a Better Kisser)

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 20, 2012
Picture this, Sparklebutts: you strut into the admissions interview at your first-choice college, your cheeks glowing with conviction, your large, noble forehead glistening gloriously in the sun. You sit down, cross your confidence-pants-encased legs (my god, your butt looks phenomenal!), and... More  →
THIS POST WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON (And Also a Better Kisser)

Signs Your Jeans Are Too Tight

By Valerie BurnJanuary 20, 2012
We all know the feeling: You couldn’t pay attention in class. You couldn’t eat your lunch. You fidgeted all day, thinking about the pending release. Once you get home, you run to your bedroom and reach for … yoga pants. That’s right. We're not talking about... More  →
Signs Your Jeans Are Too Tight

When Parents Text...Sparkler Edition!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 20, 2012

A Long, long time ago (about a month), we asked you to send us all of the tragically hilarious texts you've received from your parents. Well, here's the result! We all know parents should have to apply for some sort of

... More  →
When Parents Text...Sparkler Edition!

The Top 5 Apps for Geeks

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 20, 2012
You have an app to organize your apps, and an app to make the organizing app run even smoother, and then an app to streamline that app. But do you have these five deliciously geeky apps? Name: Goggles Developer: Google Platforms: iPhone, Android, iPad Cost: FREE What it does: Take... More  →
The Top 5 Apps for Geeks

Words With Friends Saves the World

By Scott GreenstoneJanuary 20, 2012
Guess what? Words With Friends could save your life. It’s a great thing. In fact, the world could have used Words With Friends a lot sooner. Just like macaroni isn’t complete without cheese, panda isn’t complete without bear, and polar isn’t complete without... More  →
Words With Friends Saves the World

Ask a Teacher: Do Students Ever Object to Learning Your Material for Religious or Moral Reasons?

By Mr. TocheJanuary 20, 2012
Q: Do students ever object to learning your material for religious or moral reasons? A: This has happened to me. And wow, is it ever unpleasant. I've taught things that offended people's deeply-cherished beliefs regarding human sexuality, American society, and the nature of life itself. And I've... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do Students Ever Object to Learning Your Material for Religious or Moral Reasons?

Auntie SparkNotes: Guilt By Association

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 20, 2012
Auntie, Over the past few months, I have become best friends with this amazing boy. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but he's kind, attractive, sympathetic, caring, funny, and animated, but he has a troubled family life. His mom isn't the nicest person in the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Guilt By Association

Learn a Foreign Language the Fun Way!

By ElodieJanuary 20, 2012
Rote memorization? Conjugating verbs? HA! Next you'll tell me you do things like "listen to the teacher" and "actually study," and that's no way to learn a language. Well, maybe it is. Probably. How should I know? I doodled sharks all over my notes. Sharks... More  →
Learn a Foreign Language the Fun Way!

Bowling, Boys, and Bets

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2012
Boy, does the Faye drama really heat up this week. Are you ready? —Sparkitors Holy Haberdashery, Batman! He did WHAT?! Oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself—let’s talk about College stuff first! I don’t know if it’s because I’ve only been back in school for a... More  →
Bowling, Boys, and Bets

In or Out: Carey Mulligan's Blue Shoes

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 20, 2012
It's Casual Friday at the SparkLife office, and on Casual Friday us Sparkitors like to take full advantage of a time-honored and beloved tradition: mocking Dan Bergstein's choice of footwear. Last week he strutted in wearing a pair of 6-inch yellow heels, and man oh man,... More  →
In or Out: Carey Mulligan's Blue Shoes