Search Menu
Menu

Why I Love and Hate Writing Fiction

By ContributorFebruary 6, 2012
I'm taking a class this semester called “The Craft of Fiction,” in which we read and write as much fiction as possible. Sounds like the best thing ever, right? It is. It's also the worst thing ever. I can't quite figure it out. Some of... More  →
Why I Love and Hate Writing Fiction

February Horoscopes

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 6, 2012
Remember that a crisis sometimes turns out to be an opportunity, while opportunistic bees often turn out to be a crisis. A romance will move you in a new direction this month, which is peculiar, because we thought we had figured out pretty much all of the directions already. More  →
February Horoscopes

Remember How We Said Battleship Was Going to Get You a Date? YEP, STILL TRUE.

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 6, 2012
Back when the Battleship trailer first came out, I painted you a glorious picture of how you could use this action-packed thrill ride to win your crush's undying affection. Some of you (foolishly) doubted that RIHANNA, Liam Neeson's jawline, and supremely badass special... More  →
Remember How We Said Battleship Was Going to Get You a Date? YEP, STILL TRUE.

14 Ways to Say I Love You (AKA 14 Reasons the Beatles Are Amazing)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 6, 2012
Who loves The Beatles? Luna_22, that's for sure. Since Valentine's is coming up, it seems likely that you'll be needing to say "I Love You" pretty soon...to your pet cat or your own face in the mirror, at least. Here's some variety for... More  →
14 Ways to Say I Love You (AKA 14 Reasons the Beatles Are Amazing)

How to Get a Boyfriend in 7 Easy Steps

By EmmaFebruary 6, 2012
Looking for a BF in time for Valentine's Day? Well, if you're going around with unbrushed hair, making sarcastic remarks and totally forgetting to put on eyeliner, ur doin it rong. Allow GamingMob to explain. How we wish we'd known about these steps when... More  →
How to Get a Boyfriend in 7 Easy Steps

How to Play Cupid With Your Friends (Even If You Don't Have Katniss-Level Archery Skills)

By Chrissie GruebelFebruary 6, 2012
Big ups to you for having awesome pals who are suitable for dating each other. That's a testament to them AND to your ability to draw awesomeness into your world. And if we can have some selfish talk right now, if you can lead these... More  →
How to Play Cupid With Your Friends (Even If You Don't Have Katniss-Level Archery Skills)

The Great Gatsby Rap

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 6, 2012
A rap for literature nerds! We think you'll enjoy this video. Or at least laugh your heads off at the auto-tuning and gangsta' hats. Thanks marastar! Send your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
The Great Gatsby Rap

The New G.I. Joe Trailer is a Nerdy Daydream Come True

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 6, 2012
The first G.I. Joe movie was a forgettable popcorn flick. Not even Joseph Gordon Levitt could save it from goofiness. But compared to the Transformers movie, it was Citizen freaking Kane. Unlike Transformers, the Joe movie understood how silly its own story was, and didn’t... More  →
The New G.I. Joe Trailer is a Nerdy Daydream Come True

How Literary Characters Will Spend Valentine's Day

By Josh PeriloFebruary 6, 2012
Valentine's Day is boring. There are only so many combinations of flowers/dinner/movie that can be created to "celebrate" it. And for a holiday that’s supposed to be about spontaneity and romance, the big V usually disappoints on both fronts. But you know who doesn’t have... More  →
How Literary Characters Will Spend Valentine's Day

Open Thread for February 6

By SparkLifeFebruary 6, 2012
hammncheese94 sent us this picture of her adorable dog Dakota, AKA Dokie. While the thrill of naming things after states died for us with Hannah Montana, we gotta admit: this is one cute dog.... More  →
Open Thread for February 6