Skip over navigation

SparkStyle: The World's Ugliest, Awesomest Sweater

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 24, 2010
Some clothes are awesome. Some clothes are hideous. And some clothes are so hideous, they actually come full circle and cross right over into Awesome territory again. Like, say the sweater I'm wearing today. It's handmade, it's vintage, and I picked it up at a flea market for... More  →
SparkStyle: The World's Ugliest, Awesomest Sweater

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 24, 2010
Today's playlist was sent in by Carocornn and these are just random songs that she finds amazing. "Allow Me to Introduce Myself As... Mr.Right" by The White Tie Affair "Caraphernelia" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 24, 2010
I can pick a song, right? Sure I can. In the spirit of the holidays, here's a lovely Coldplay song for you. (Note: This is not very funny, random, or interesting. It is, though, a great early morning sort of ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for December 24

By Emily WinterDecember 24, 2010
It's Christmas Eve! What's even better than a last-minute letter to Santa on this day? THIS Sparkler letter... This is a pacow. The story of the pacow starts with one simple fact - my dad likes cows. This led me to put my epic crafting skillz... More  →
Open Thread for December 24

The Sadie Hawkins Crusade: Gotta Have (a) Faith

By ContributorDecember 23, 2010
Ninja_Assassin is our newest NBK columnst—and she's on a mission to get a date to Sadie Hawkins! —Sparkitors Hello Sparklers!!!!!!! I’d like to take this time to introduce myself: My name is Faith, and I have never been kissed. You’re probably thinking to your incredibly... More  →
The Sadie Hawkins Crusade: Gotta Have (a) Faith

Auntie SparkNotes: Holiday Updates and Nog, Nog, Nog

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 23, 2010
The holiday season is upon us, Sparklers, and I've got an awesome gift for you: a visit from the Ghost of Letters Past! So pull up a chair, wrap yourself in your most festive sweater, pour a glass of eggnog, and enjoy these updates from... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Holiday Updates and Nog, Nog, Nog

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 27

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 23, 2010
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Travel Plans Better Title: Your Baby Is Broken. Fix it. The Twilight Before Christmas By Daniel Adam Bergstein 'Twas days before Christmas, when all through the house Dan was still stirring, like a caffeinated mouse. He paced and he hollered, he yelped and he cried, "This book makes no... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 27

Thrifted Thursday: Have Yourself A Vintage Little Christmas!

By ApneetDecember 23, 2010
With the holidays upon us, I went thrifting this week for some vintage pieces that I could wear to holiday parties. I couldn't let the subject pass without a Christmas photo shoot, complete with a tree, presents, and my friend Adam, seen below in some... More  →
Thrifted Thursday: Have Yourself A Vintage Little Christmas!

Holiday Haiku for You

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 23, 2010
What's that sound? By golly, it's the pitter patter of Santa's tiny reindogs on the roof! Ho ho ho. He's bringing you a big ol' sack of Sparku for Christmas! Now don't read them so hard on Christmas Day that you... More  →
Holiday Haiku for You

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Recipe for the Perfect Man

By ContributorDecember 23, 2010
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a good book must be in want of the perfect man (my apologies to Jane Austen). Books often create ideals of romance, chivalry, and all that jazz. I just so happen to... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Recipe for the Perfect Man