Search Menu
Menu

Glee Project EXTRA: Are Aylin and Charlie the Show's Katniss and Peeta?

By Eric GarneauJuly 9, 2012
We all know reality TV is not that "real," right? That's especially true when winning or losing a competition's at stake. You just can't trust anything you see in these shows; often contestants work the game as much as they can to optimize their chances... More  →
Glee Project EXTRA: Are Aylin and Charlie the Show's Katniss and Peeta?

FACE-OFF: Spider-Man vs. The Amazing Spider-Man

By Becky FerreiraJuly 9, 2012
It was inevitable that The Amazing Spider-Man was going to be compared to Spider-Man, which came out only a decade ago. But who knew there would be so many similarities? Here we let the movies battle it out, point-by-point. WARNING: SPOILERS! Round One: The Bite. Spider-Man: Peter... More  →
FACE-OFF: Spider-Man vs. The Amazing Spider-Man

A Sneak Peek at The Dark Knight Rises!

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 9, 2012
There are 10 days left until the Caped Crusader swoops into theaters, and dweebs, WE ARE PRETTY MUCH HYPERVENTILATING. This movie will probably be the most epic movie in the history of movies (sorry, Mighty Ducks 3), and we can't wait to see Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, To More  →
A Sneak Peek at The Dark Knight Rises!

Announcing the Short Fiction Contest

By EmmaJuly 9, 2012
And by "short," we mean "SHORT short." Here's how this will work: Stories must be exactly 100 words—no more, no fewer. (Think the word limit will impede your genius? Remember Ernest Hemingway's six-word masterpiece: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") We'll accept submissions from More  →
Announcing the Short Fiction Contest

Open Thread for July 9

By SparkLifeJuly 9, 2012
awesomenesslyness says... "Here's a delicious and nutritious bowl of my favorite snack -- I absolutely adore raspberries! And also, it's a little sneak peak of my Anglophilic-Olympic nails!"Got a picture for the OT? Send it in to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for July 9

Open Thread for July 8

By SparkLifeJuly 8, 2012
Sydney says... "This is a stick. But not just any stick. It's about a foot long, and is full on confetti and glitter. And somewhere inside is a tiny cutout of Waldo (he's only about 1/4 inch tall). It's difficult, but I... More  →
Open Thread for July 8

Dear Albert: Thrift Store

By Emily WinterJuly 7, 2012
The man behind the counter has a lot of tattoos. And now he is picking his nose. Me and Anna are standing behind a rack of big saggy dresses that look like they’re from the ‘60s—Anna calls them “muumuus”—laughing silently at this beast of a guy. He looks... More  →
Dear Albert: Thrift Store

Awkward Episode 2 "Sex, Lies, and the Sanctuary" Recap

By Molly HoranJuly 7, 2012
Jenna's life isn't getting any less awkward. Caught On Tape High on her newly official relationship with Jake Jenna breezes into school hand in hand with her new BF only to get some seriously disturbing news: there's a camera trained on the sanctuary aka where Jenna and... More  →
Awkward Episode 2 "Sex, Lies, and the Sanctuary" Recap

Open Thread for July 7

By SparkLifeJuly 7, 2012
This is Wolfenwarrior's Pygmy buck named Greybeard. Because what else would you name a Pygmy buck?... More  →
Open Thread for July 7

Katy Perry: Part of Me, the Epic Saga that Made This Writer Feel Human

By Chrissie GruebelJuly 6, 2012
If you got in a time machine and went back to yesterday around 6 p.m., our dish would sound something like this: YOU: Hey Chrissie, what do you like about Katy Perry? ME: You mean, what do I like about Katy Perry aside... More  →
Katy Perry: Part of Me, the Epic Saga that Made This Writer Feel Human