Skip over navigation

Open Thread for April 2

By EmmaApril 2, 2011
It's Saturday, and we feel like this cat: ...fuzzy, furry, leaping for joy, and doing it all while wearing a tuxedo! Thanks for the pic, Becky<3Bazil. We want to see your pets, and we want to see them now. Send pics to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for April 2

Confidence Pants Stories: These Boots Were Made for Making Friends

By ContributorApril 2, 2011
Pangur_Bán reminds us with this funny story that even little things can take some big confidence. —Sparkitors I have always been interested in learning Sign Language, so when I had opportunity to take an ASL class, I gladly took it. The class... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: These Boots Were Made for Making Friends

You Know You're From Boston When...

By ContributorApril 1, 2011
lacrickie, We'll forgive you for being a Sox fan. —Sparkitors Everyone knows that Boston is the best city in the good ol' U. S. of A. Heck there wouldn’t even be a USA if it wasn’t for the Pilgrims landing in Plymouth... More  →
You Know You're From Boston When...

Confidence Pants Stories: Keeping in Touch

okaydokay:), we love your determination! —Sparkitors It all started at the Valentine's Day Dance. I met him through a friend who hung out with all night, and that's when I fell for him. Let's just call him James. We laughed and talked and... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Keeping in Touch

Boy Hunt: Confidence Pants Edition

Geeraff stepped it up for Confidence Pants Week—find out what happened! —Sparkitors KABOOM! You weren’t ready for that, were you? I thought not! Because there’s no way you, or even my friends, or even me, could have prepared for the ginormous explosion of bravery that... More  →
Boy Hunt: Confidence Pants Edition

Making My Prom Dress: Wearing Pants (and a Dress)

Whimzy's making her prom dress AND her confidence pants AT THE SAME TIME. —Sparkitors When Confidence Pants Week was announced, I thought about what I might've done to warrant a good Confidence Pants story. I didn't come up with much. As the week... More  →
Making My Prom Dress: Wearing Pants (and a Dress)

Stock Photo Face-Off: The Photoshop Freakshow Is Still in Town

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 1, 2011
The last round of stock photos were so horrifying even our eyebrows were bleeding. A handful (pun!) of you wanted to give the third image a High Twenty-five, and the unibrowed caveman applauding with his feet caused you severe mental anguish, but the... More  →
Stock Photo Face-Off: The Photoshop Freakshow Is Still in Town

Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: POP QUIZ!

Faye needs your help, y'all! —Sparkitors Pop Quiz! You studied, right? Don’t worry, it’s going to be cake! It’s on BOYS. (I told you it was going to be cake, you know, like really old fruitcake from Christmas that you’re not sure you should... More  →
Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: POP QUIZ!

Vocab Word of the Day

By Chelsea DaggerApril 1, 2011
Let's dispense with the pleasantries ("pleasantries" are what Chelsea Dagger calls her feeble attempts at wit) and get straight down to business: yesterday's WINNAZ. The EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS for our favorite Sparkler/comment combos go to: classicsnerd3: Even... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day

Confidence Pants Stories: Diary Tales

This Anonymous Sparkler pulls out a hilarious confidence pants story from her childhood! —Sparkitors In light of confidence pants week, I decided to go hunting through my old diary to find a good story. And oh, did I dig up some dirt. I was a... More  →
Confidence Pants Stories: Diary Tales