Skip over navigation

Field Trip To The Bronx

By ApneetApril 21, 2011
I go to thrift shops all over the city and Brooklyn, but I consistently find cool things in my secret treasure chest in the Bronx: the Jerome Ave Salvation Army. This week, I tried on a cartload of pieces, and after downsizing because of bad... More  →
Field Trip To The Bronx

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 21, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post go to: juliagirlperson: The discursive cursive in her love letter was both attractive and agitative to simple-minded Tommy as he decoded the decorative script. Lady_Wildflower: Today in my six-year-old... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

We Are All Going To Die—Unless You Click On This Post

By ContributorApril 21, 2011
ohmygoodnessgraciousgosh! promises to make you laugh—and save your life. It's an offer you can't refuse.—Sparkitors The Mayans predicted it long before you were born. Dan Bergstein has been building his nuclear shelter for years. I also back up the theory. What's not to... More  →
We Are All Going To Die—Unless You Click On This Post

Video Game Reviews by Someone Who Knows Nothing About Video Games

blacktophat has never played a video game in her life, apparently. And yet she's full of opinions about them. She is truly a mystery wrapped in an enigma, and then wrapped again in bacon. —Sparkitors I'm probably not what most people would call a gamer. But... More  →
Video Game Reviews by Someone Who Knows Nothing About Video Games

Gleecaps are Back! Episode 17: A Night of Neglect

jtjuvenile's hilarious re-caps are almost better than the episodes themselves. Almost.—Sparkitors Maybe it’s just my guy deprivation talking, but we need more of Mike Chang. After a month-long hiatus where I spent my forlorn Tuesday nights carrying out a 12-step rehabilitation program that was... More  →
Gleecaps are Back! Episode 17: A Night of Neglect

You Know You're From Orlando When...

samanthataylor, you have no idea how jealous we are of your ability to get Chick-Fil-A.— Sparkitors I’ve seen tons of these “You Know You’re From ____ When…” posts, and I’m surprised that no one has even mentioned the Orlando area. People come... More  →
You Know You're From Orlando When...

What's Up With Passover?

RabbiP.I. explains some of the customs behind the Jewish celebration of Passover!—Sparkitors Since everyone's into the Easter hype, I thought I would add a little bit about a less-known Spring holiday: Passover, or Pesach (פסח in Hebrew). The holiday of Passover celebrates... More  →
What's Up With Passover?

How To NOT Get A Summer Job

BeeHappy94 gives some great advice on avoiding work... we wish we could take it!—Sparkitors When you hear the word summer, what comes to mind?  “Time to relax!”  followed by a leap of joy, right?  But your parents probably have a different idea... More  →
How To NOT Get A Summer Job

Never Been Kissed Michigan: You're About To Squee So Hard

We are SO living vicariously through thenameselodie.—Sparkitors This just in—prom is in three weeks! AP tests are in 11 days! I have a little over a month left in my high school career! When the hell did this happen? Were any... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: You're About To Squee So Hard

Eight Reasons Why England Is Totally Spiffing!

We think "Accents" should have been your number 1 reason, Yelephantic!—Sparkitors England! It rocks! Here's why: 1. Afternoon Tea. Yes, we stop whatever we're doing at 4 PM in order to bust out our dainty white gloves,... More  →
Eight Reasons Why England Is Totally Spiffing!