Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 11, 2011
Today's playlist, sent in by hlucero06, is titled I'm Way Too Obsessed With This Random Mish-mosh of Songs, but Can't Stop Listening Since They're Epic-bomb Masterpieces. "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay "Head Over Heels" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 11, 2011
Today's pick was picked because: a) it reminds me of an old teacher of mine who used to show us these commericials, and b) I love the E-trade baby commercials. They're clever and... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 11

By Emily WinterFebruary 11, 2011
This anonymous Sparkler's cat is named Toffee. Is Toffee possessed by a demon named Chad? No. Toffee is yawning. Get with the program. The Sparkler also said Toffee likes to rip giant lizards to shreds. We're no longer so sure about Chad. ... More  →
Open Thread for February 11

Thrifted Thursday: Vintage Valentine

By ApneetFebruary 10, 2011
Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and that means finding the perfect date outfit! And who cares if you don't have a Valentine—it's a holiday, which gives you reason enough to go shopping. I teamed up with Market Publique this week to bring you... More  →
Thrifted Thursday: Vintage Valentine

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 34

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 10, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Four: Declared Better Title: Baby's Worst Christmas It's a Twilight Christmas! As expected, Bella picked out the perfect gift for her child's first Christmas. No, it's not a stuffed animal. It's not a toy kitchen, or doll house. Optimus won't be getting a tricycle, a trampoline,... More  →
Blogging  Breaking Dawn: Part 34

How To Deal With a Gender Misidentification Crisis

By ContributorFebruary 10, 2011
lucy_stop_flying is both socially conscious AND funny. We bet she can rap really well, too! –Sparkitors After reading thenameselodie’s article about her tragic gender misidentification, I thought I would offer some help to the subject of the misunderstanding. You see, in August,... More  →
How To Deal With a Gender Misidentification Crisis

The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Romeo + Juliet

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 10, 2011
February is a month of love. It’s also a month of slushy roads, but it’s easier to find a movie with a romantic theme than a movie about road slush. So we’re picking Romeo + Juliet, the stylized Baz Luhrmann version starring Leonardo Di... More  →
The SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Romeo + Juliet

Surviving Life as a Muggle

zara95 knows you want to be a wizard, but some dreams just can't come true. WE'RE SORRY.—Sparkitors Since my  eleventh birthday came and went without any sign of an acceptance letter from Hogwarts, I guess I'll... More  →
Surviving Life as a Muggle

Sierra's Prom Diet: Dreaming of Dresses

Sierra's goal is to lose 30 pounds by prom. Can she do it? Well, she's off to a good start! —Sparkitors

Sierra here! Before I start talking about my progress, I'd like to address a few things in the comments.

First, THANK YOU for all

... More  →
Sierra's Prom Diet: Dreaming of Dresses

RA Movie Review: The Roommate

By Lindsay PuvelFebruary 10, 2011
As the infinitely sagacious resident Resident Assistant of SparkNotes, I took it upon myself to go to the local theater and take in the new horror/thriller movie The Roommate. My goal? To present you, dear Sparklers, with an objective, honest review of the film as... More  →
RA Movie Review: The Roommate