Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Coming Up Short

By kat_rosenfieldMay 25, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I'm a guy who is really, really short. Not 5'6" but 4'9". And I'm not a middle schooler - I'm a junior in high school. Before seventh grade, I was really into sports. I was one of the tallest boys in my class,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Coming Up Short

Vacations for English Majors

By ContributorMay 25, 2011
Courtney Guth knows that bookworms need vacations, too! —Sparkitors It’s that time of year again. Students are beginning to count down the days until they’re officially done with school for the year. They’re anxiously awaiting the final bell that signals sweet summertime freedom. Anticipation... More  →
Vacations for English Majors

Man Blows Up Like Football/Pork Roast/Giant Balloon

By Emily WinterMay 25, 2011
You guys, this truck driver fell on air hose that punctured his butt. And then he started filling up with air. "I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon." Are we evil for thinking this is the funniest thing... More  →
Man Blows Up Like Football/Pork Roast/Giant Balloon

Great Scott! The Movie Club Discusses Back to the Future

By Dan_BergsteinMay 25, 2011
Don’t you wish every movie was Back to the Future? Life would be much better. Welcome back, Movie Club members, and shy lurkers in the background. We love you too, lurkers. But if you’re going to lurk, please stop wearing the tiger mask. It’s freaking us... More  →
Great Scott! The Movie Club Discusses Back to the Future

Is This Study Routine Yale-Worthy?

Rosefan42, aka Laura, is a British Sparkler studying to take the SAT so she can apply to Yale. Here's what she's going through! —Sparkitors I promised you a little more on my crazy week, so here you go. I present to you,... More  →
Is This Study Routine Yale-Worthy?

How To Ensure This Summer Won't Be As Bad As Last Summer

By Jon_SkindzierMay 25, 2011
Ahh, summer! For some, a season of constant wonderment and endless glee; for others, a season of constant heat stroke, wonderment over whether the bees you're fleeing are regular bees or killer bees, and endlessly cowering in your house until there's snow... More  →
How To Ensure This Summer Won't Be As Bad As Last Summer

Identifying the Typical Female Facebooker

monicarima, all the duckfaced ladies of Facebook bow their heads in shame before this post. –Sparkitors Anyone on Facebook can tell you that social networking females tend to share the same habits. This behavior gets pretty annoying, so I'm going to call them out... More  →
Identifying the Typical Female Facebooker

What Did You Think of the Glee Season Finale?

SPOILER ALERT x A MILLION!!! If you did not watch the Glee season finale, do not read on! Spleeks! We have banged our pretend magic gavels against a pretend magic piece of unicorn wood, and YOU NOW HAVE THE POWER TO DECIDE: Which letter... More  →
What Did You Think of the Glee Season Finale?

Dreams of Harvard

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 25, 2011
And I thought my college admissions essay was creative... boy was I wrong.  Thanks Paranoid_But_Innocent_ for sending this in!  Send in your favorite videos at contribute@sparknotes.com... More  →
Dreams of Harvard

Open Thread for May 25

"This is a pic of frozen waffles. (Yummy!) Sadly, they are deformed. I am still going to eat them." PHEW! hermionerules5, we're so happy you're not letting your deformed waffles go to waste! (Fun fact: "Deformed Waffles" was the name of our 7th grade... More  →
Open Thread for May 25