Search Menu
Menu

The 84th Oscars by the Numbers

By Brandon SpecktorFebruary 27, 2012
The Oscars are a night full of revelation. We now know, for example, that the makeup artist who made Meryl Streep look like an old lady is somehow more impressive than the team of artists who made a legion of actors look like Gringotts employees.... More  →
The 84th Oscars by the Numbers

Auntie Sparknotes: Bikini Creys

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 27, 2012
Dear Auntie, I have a problem. (No duh.) I have been overweight since about 4th grade. I am in 9th now, and will be 15 in a few months. It has gotten a little out of hand. I am 5'5 and weigh 170ish pounds. Since... More  →
Auntie Sparknotes: Bikini Creys

The Worst Gym Teacher, Ever: An Interview

By Josh PeriloFebruary 27, 2012
We have done an exhaustive search throughout the high schools of America, and we think we have finally found the worst gym teacher, ever. To protect the anonymity of his coworkers and students, we have kept the school that he works for a secret. The... More  →
The Worst Gym Teacher, Ever: An Interview

Open Thread for February 27

By SparkLifeFebruary 27, 2012
Amanda says... This weekend, I went on a retreat with my church. All the girls in my cabin were bored, so we went into the boys cabin and wrapped it like crazy. Best part? A guy was in there (I think he... More  →
Open Thread for February 27

Open Thread for February 26

By SparkLifeFebruary 26, 2012
Are these pictures not the coolest? bookweirm took them in Vancouver, where all the trees are blue.  Just kidding. Where some artists painted the trees blue for the Olympics! Woo! Does anyone else wish trees were naturally blue now?... More  →
Open Thread for February 26

Open Thread for February 25

By SparkLifeFebruary 25, 2012
Just_me_Emily and her marching band came to New York for spring break and got to see West Side Story! We'd be jealous, but we actually really don't like West Side Story. Please don't hate us?... More  →
Open Thread for February 25

I'm In a Musical...At an All-Boys' School

By ContributorFebruary 24, 2012
alexsarcastic221's life sounds like a movie we REALLY want to watch. —Sparkitors Military school. Musical theater. The two don’t really fit, do they? When I say those two phrases together, you probably have a mental image of guys with buzz cuts and leather jackets... More  →
I'm In a Musical...At an All-Boys' School

Dear Albert: Book on Head

By Emily WinterFebruary 24, 2012
“Anna is so brave,” I say, with perhaps too much admiration in my voice. Me and Braden are alone in the newspaper room with Anna’s letter. I love that she wrote it, but I keep staring at it like it’s a dead body. “Bravery is an... More  →
Dear Albert: Book on Head

Sweet Schoolgirl Style

By ApneetFebruary 24, 2012
Even though it's Friday, some of us still had to go to school! After watching the film Bande a Part, I was inspired by Anna Karina's academic-chic style. She is the epitome of the French schoolgirl in skirts in pleats and plaids,... More  →
Sweet Schoolgirl Style

How Would YOU Want to Be Asked to PROM?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 24, 2012
Hey there, Sparksicles. Do you remember last year when we made that awesome slideshow of ways to be asked to prom? Well, we want to do something like that again, except even better. We know, we know—better is hard to imagine. But we're serious!... More  →
How Would YOU Want to Be Asked to PROM?