Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for May 9

By SparkLifeMay 9, 2012
Addam says... "I saw this while I was getting dinner at Arby's. It's a Maserati GranTurismo Coupé...yeah, living in Cali does have some benefits..." We don't totally get the whole nice-car thing, but we do love Arby's!... More  →
Open Thread for May 9

Star Style at the Met Gala: Which Dress Would You Wear to Prom?

By Chelsea DaggerMay 8, 2012
All your favorite starlets hit the red carpet last night for one of the most glamorous events of the year: the Metropolitan Costume Institute Gala (it's basically like the Yule Ball for celebs, but with fewer angsty Quidditch superstars and more hot gingers). And while the d More  →
Star Style at the Met Gala: Which Dress Would You Wear to Prom?

Ask Jono: Teasing Friends

By Jon_SkindzierMay 8, 2012
Hey Jono, My situation is a little weird, I guess. Sometimes I really don't like my friends, to the point where it feels like a lie to even call them friends. They'll do stuff like make fun of me for being short or... More  →
Ask Jono: Teasing Friends

Auntie SparkNotes: We Kissed. Does That Mean He Likes Me?

By kat_rosenfieldMay 8, 2012
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, I'm a sophomore in college, and I've liked this guy since some time during my freshman year. He's been single for a couple of months now, and we've been hanging out more. He knows I'm into him, and all he's said is that... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: We Kissed. Does That Mean He Likes Me?

A (Christmas) Mother's Day Story

By Eric GarneauMay 8, 2012
I don't really like Christmas. Actually, I kind of hate it. I suppose my reasons for that are pretty selfish. The size of my family is precisely two: me and my grandmother… that's it. And since I spend a lot of time with my grandmother... More  →
A (Christmas) Mother's Day Story

We'll Miss You, Maurice Sendak

By Josh PeriloMay 8, 2012
I was ten years old when my childhood dream came true. Already a three year veteran of the Omaha, Nebraska community theatre scene, I had landed the role of Max in the Emmy Gifford Children’s Theater world premiere musical version of Where the Wild Things Are.... More  →
We'll Miss You, Maurice Sendak

Pop Singer Duncan Geeks Out Over Disney, Marvel, and His New Video

By Brandon SpecktorMay 8, 2012
If you're looking for an end-of-semester anthem to get all nostalgic to this summer, consider taking it from a dude who knows firsthand the long, bittersweet road of change. "When I was 13 I pretty much got all the money I had and bought a bunch... More  →
Pop Singer Duncan Geeks Out Over Disney, Marvel, and His New Video

The Worst Moments for Your Cell Phone to Ring

By ElodieMay 8, 2012
We Sparklers are people from all different walks of life. But there’s one crucial life component we all have in common: some day, whether it be in the near or distant future, we’re all going to forget to turn off our phones at the worst... More  →
The Worst Moments for Your Cell Phone to Ring

5 Things We Need to Know About The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

By Scott GreenstoneMay 8, 2012
The Hobbit trailer has been out for some time, but it's still managing to puzzle us. Have a look. Here are some questions we have: 1. What's up with Galadriel and Gandalf? Why does she touch his hair like that? They wouldn't try and make anything of... More  →
5 Things We Need to Know About The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey