Skip over navigation

Open Thread for March 4

By Emily WinterMarch 4, 2011
And they say vampires are dead! Well they are dead, but we're talking about popularity dead, like, that they are still pop—OH NEVER MIND. This is a photo of HarryPotterLoverGrL's local Target, specifically, it's exclusively vampire section.... More  →
Open Thread for March 4

Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 37

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 3, 2011
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Contrivances Better Title: Annoyances Albert Miller is there. And Allan Miller. Oh man, that sounds like a dumb name. After that comes Allan G. Miller. Followed closely by Allen Miller, Allen R. Miller, and Allen V. Miller. Isn't that nuts? Up next is Alvin Miller.... More  →
Blogging Breaking Dawn: Part 37

Stock Photo Face-Off: Rhymes with Stevie Nicks

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 3, 2011
Gosh. This is embarrassing. We didn't see it coming at all. We've run out of uncomfortable/wacky/peculiar/illogical stock photos! We are fresh out. We've hit the bottom of the barrel. End of the line, folks! Move along. The stock photo agencies have come to their senses... More  →
Stock Photo Face-Off: Rhymes with Stevie Nicks

Thrifted Thursday: Silk and Lights

By ApneetMarch 3, 2011
This week, silky fabrics have been inspiring my wardrobe. Since it's been so cold in New York City, warm fabrics have been a necessity to stay warm. However, I've grown tired of wool, angora, and leather. I want to wear something pretty! I went thrifting... More  →
Thrifted Thursday: Silk and Lights

Happy Birthday, Zelda. Here's Why We Hate Your Game.

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 3, 2011
Last week, The Legend of Zelda turned 25. We were about to send a birthday card (one of those funny musical ones), but after sitting at our desk for 17 hours thinking about one of the most popular video game franchises, a few... More  →
Happy Birthday, Zelda. Here's Why We Hate Your Game.

Ask Jono: "Just Friends"

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 3, 2011

Hello Jono! I have a question for you that isn't that serious, but I would still appreciate your input, especially since you're a guy. One of my guy friends isn't really the happiest person in the world, and he could do with some understanding close friends.

... More  →
Ask Jono:

You Know You're From The Pacific Northwest When...

By ContributorMarch 3, 2011
1chance14 is making us want to get out of New York City. —Sparkitors The Pacific Northwest (or Great Northwest) is in the (where else?) Northwest of Washington State. Ahhhh the Evergreen State...or the Rainy State. Works either way. To my fellow damp sparklers, you... More  →
You Know You're From The Pacific Northwest When...

Auntie SparkNotes: Silly Little Dress Questions

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 3, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, My prom dilemma is quite silly from the surface: It's my dress. I’m sure others have e-mailed you about dates, and whether to ask their guy-friends. I do have a date. A wonderful date. And I have a dress, I’m just not sure... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Silly Little Dress Questions

The Think Tank!

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 3, 2011
You guys probably didn't know this, but when Chelsea Dagger was a little boy, her dearest dream was to one day become a famous t-shirt screen-printer. Well, that or a dinosaur, but the latter proved too difficult to accomplish, so she turned her considerable talents... More  →
The Think Tank!

How To Score Mad Participation Points in Your Language Class (Even If You Aren’t Prepared)

By ContributorMarch 3, 2011
Terrified of speaking up in Spanish class? Summerful can help.—Sparkitors Did you forget to bring your Italian book to class—again? Did you spend 10 minutes debating whether or not to open your vocab workbook, only... More  →
How To Score Mad Participation Points in Your Language Class (Even If You Aren’t Prepared)