Skip over navigation

The First Day Of The Rest of Your Life: Introducing The VLOG

By Chelsea DaggerApril 7, 2011
Today is the day you've been waiting for ever since Chelsea Dagger invented the internet. Why? Because today is the day that SparkLife debuts a technology unrivaled anywhere in the world: the VLOG. The VLOG was created by the... More  →
The First Day Of The Rest of Your Life: Introducing The VLOG

Intern's Pick of the Day for April 7

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 7, 2011
Can you imagine explaining this one to your parents? I think it would go something like this: You: Gee, Mom and Dad, I thought it was a great idea to stick my head in the crocodile's mouth. Your Parents: ... You: I don't know why it bit me! Your... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day for April 7

Open Thread for April 7

By Emily WinterApril 7, 2011
O_o We love this. ez30yankee says... You may have a vague remembering of my yoda-dog, Shadow. You know, the labradoodle who likes to jump over random objects. This is his (very adorable) fail...he took off like six feet too early. He was totally fine, yes, that is... More  →
Open Thread for April 7

Things You Should Never Let Your Crush See You Doing

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 6, 2011
The thing about dating is that it's kind of like fishing. You want to appear to be a succulent, plump, sexy earthworm (Halloween costume idea!!!) until your fish is hooked, at which time you reveal that you're really just a limp,... More  →
Things You Should Never Let Your Crush See You Doing

Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Unfriend

By kat_rosenfieldApril 6, 2011
Auntie, So I don't know if this is a common problem or if I'm just a jerk. There's this girl who lives on my street and I can't stand her. I was friends with her because, as anyone with a mother knows, if someone lives on... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Unfriend

The Daily Trials of an English Major: My Career Plans

By ContributorApril 6, 2011
Although graduation is what seems like eons away, it’s never too early to start thinking about what I’m going to do when I enter the “real world,” that scary place where I have to cook my own food, pay my own bills, and be even... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: My Career Plans

Dear Albert: What Ralph Would Have Wanted

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2011
Meet Sam. Er, we mean "Albert." Well actually... just read the thing. —Sparkitors I freaking hate pretending. I’m not morally opposed, necessarily. I’m just terrible at it! Which makes what’s about to happen so incredibly difficult for me. I just reread that and realized you might be... More  →
Dear Albert: What Ralph Would Have Wanted

Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

Lis93, we're so proud you survived all these interviews. And without breakfast, no less! –Sparkitors Being a British Sparkler (Britkler?), some things about the SparkCollege posts confuse me. For one thing, "college," to me, is a place you go to around age 16, not... More  →
Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

You Know You're from The Bronx When...

a_elbereth_gilthoniel, we think you're hilarious. Does that make us super-awesome? —Sparkitors I know someone already wrote a "You Know You're From" post about NYC, but I'm from the Bronx, so I've got a bit of a different take on things than the... More  →
You Know You're from The Bronx When...

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post: christinepotter: Many Potter fans feel an umbrage towards Harry's vile, conniving, prejudiced professor, Umbridge (hence the name similarity). AwesomePossum214: Stacy's mom makes no one feel unbrage, 'cause she's got it going... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!