Search Menu
Menu

Open Thread for June 19

By SparkLifeJune 19, 2012
We're gonna be honest for a minute here, Sparklers: you know how Lucinda in Ella Enchanted is always turning people into squirrels? Yeah, we totally wouldn't mind. Not as long as we looked as cute as the squirrel in sydney8771's picture!... More  →
Open Thread for June 19

My Summer Reading List

By ContributorJune 18, 2012
It’s taken me a good three weeks, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion that there are better things to do with my limited free time than binge on Netflix. Some might suggest that I could hang out with my friends, but I HAVE NO... More  →
My Summer Reading List

The Bluest Jeans

By kat_rosenfieldJune 18, 2012
Well, here’s a depressing report from the fashion front lines: so far this season, most of the trends I’ve spotted are ones in which I won’t be partaking. The return of 1970s-style cork-soled platform clogs, jeans that look like my grandmother’s... More  →
The Bluest Jeans

Stolen Kisses, Stolen Cars, and the Woeful Lack of Salinger In Your Lives

By Chelsea DaggerJune 18, 2012
Butts, drop whatever you're doing, sprint to the nearest library, and check out Nine Stories by JD Salinger. I'm almost positive that none of you have read this miraculous collection of short stories, as no one made even the slightest allusion to either Seymour Glass or... More  →
Stolen Kisses, Stolen Cars, and the Woeful Lack of Salinger In Your Lives

Put Some Color in Your Hair for Summer!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 18, 2012
Summer is the perfect time to add a streak or two of color to your hair. Plus, it's totally in right now. Demi Lovato recently dip-dyed the ends of her hair pink (a popular color), and it inspired us! So here's Demi and a few more celebs with fun, colored 'dos. More  →
Put Some Color in Your Hair for Summer!

Auntie SparkNotes: My Girlfriend's Periods Make Her Miserable. How Can I Help?

By kat_rosenfieldJune 18, 2012
Dear Auntie, So, I have a girlfriend, and I have a few questions about periods. I live in England, and we English have a kind of strict code of taboo, so I cant really ask my girlfriend about this without it getting pretty awkward between us.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Girlfriend's Periods Make Her Miserable. How Can I Help?

BOOK REVIEW: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

By Swapna KrishnaJune 18, 2012
Seth Grahame-Smith has had quite the journey to success. We heard about him when he coauthored the first (or at least the first famous) literary mash-up, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. His novel Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter has been adapted into a movie that, unless... More  →
BOOK REVIEW: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith

Book Review: Under the Never Sky

Check out the rest of Dac's Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads here! Book: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi Synopsis: Aria is a Dweller, one of the privileged few who live in the pods—enclosed cities safe from the energy storms and other dangers... More  →
Book Review: Under the Never Sky

5 Words and Phrases To Avoid

The following five words and phrases are all too common these days, and they just don’t make any sense. I’m not talking about euphemistic idioms like “rule of thumb,” or “raining cats and dogs.” No, no, no. These are far worse. See, the aforementioned colloquialisms... More  →
5 Words and Phrases To Avoid

Check Out Jenny's Amazing Nails

By EmmaJune 18, 2012
It's Monday, the grumpiest of all days, but Jenny is cheering us up with head-to-toe blue, and cool nail art. Click through to see her complete look! Where is this pretty blue dress from? H&M! They have a ton of new denim-styled items out now, and they're... More  →
Check Out Jenny's Amazing Nails