Menu

Auntie SparkNotes: Guilt By Association

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 20, 2012
Auntie, Over the past few months, I have become best friends with this amazing boy. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but he's kind, attractive, sympathetic, caring, funny, and animated, but he has a troubled family life. His mom isn't the nicest person in the... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Guilt By Association

Learn a Foreign Language the Fun Way!

By ElodieJanuary 20, 2012
Rote memorization? Conjugating verbs? HA! Next you'll tell me you do things like "listen to the teacher" and "actually study," and that's no way to learn a language. Well, maybe it is. Probably. How should I know? I doodled sharks all over my notes. Sharks... More  →
Learn a Foreign Language the Fun Way!

Bowling, Boys, and Bets

By ContributorJanuary 20, 2012
Boy, does the Faye drama really heat up this week. Are you ready? —Sparkitors Holy Haberdashery, Batman! He did WHAT?! Oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself—let’s talk about College stuff first! I don’t know if it’s because I’ve only been back in school for a... More  →
Bowling, Boys, and Bets

In or Out: Carey Mulligan's Blue Shoes

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 20, 2012
It's Casual Friday at the SparkLife office, and on Casual Friday us Sparkitors like to take full advantage of a time-honored and beloved tradition: mocking Dan Bergstein's choice of footwear. Last week he strutted in wearing a pair of 6-inch yellow heels, and man oh man,... More  →
In or Out: Carey Mulligan's Blue Shoes

Good Ol' Country Music

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 20, 2012
Wolfenwarrior was kind enough to point out that we here on SparkLife are severly lacking in country music...which is true, because, well, this little intern hates country music. (Except for Taylor Swift, who is kinda too gooey to hate.) In any... More  →
Good Ol' Country Music

The Geek Quiz: What Kind of Geek Are You?

By Melissa AlbertJanuary 20, 2012
Hey, you! Yeah, you, the one sitting there reading this Internet quiz about geeks, during Geek Week, on a site that celebrates geekiness 366 days a year. You've already accepted, nay, embraced both your inner and outer geek—you've even survived the grueling... More  →
The Geek Quiz: What Kind of Geek Are You?

The Weirdest Movie of All Time

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 20, 2012
You all know the story of Aladdin. Hopefully, you've all seen the Disney movie and love it. But, thanks to Starkidette, we've been introduced to...this...movie? We're not really sure what to call it, since it looks so awful. A combination of Aladdin, Beauty... More  →
The Weirdest Movie of All Time

Open Thread for January 20

By SparkLifeJanuary 20, 2012
paradiselight made this awesome balloon flower during her short obsession with balloon art. Isn't it cool? Doesn't it look slightly like a baby toy? Really, though, we're glad we weren't the only ones to go through a balloon art phase. At least you'll... More  →
Open Thread for January 20

Therapy for The Rules

By Scott GreenstoneJanuary 19, 2012
You know what’s great about college basketball? This. We could all learn from this guy. He’s so jubilant, so joyful about his passion (which I assume is sports announcing, but it could very well be screaming "GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOSH! HE... More  →
Therapy for The Rules

The Illustrated Guide To Geekery

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 19, 2012
You might have noticed that Geek Week has come to SparkLife—and with it, a celebration of all things nerdtastic and geekalicious! But there's just one problem: some of you... well, how to put this delicately?... just aren't geeky enough to play ball. But that's okay! Becau More  →
The Illustrated Guide To Geekery