Search Menu
Menu

What To Do When You Can't Sleep

By SissyApril 23, 2012
Generally, those ZZZs comes easy to you, but once in a while, you just can’t coax yourself to fall into the arms of sleep. You clamp your eyes shut, refusing to open them up for any reason. You toss and turn, trying to fight off... More  →
What To Do When You Can't Sleep

Tampons and Napkins and Belts, Oh My!

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 23, 2012
Ah, the menses. That beautiful fact of life that has terrified mankind and pubescent girls alike since the beginning of time. But a period just isn't a period without all of the delicate, discreet, and cozy trappings. Really, what would your... More  →
Tampons and Napkins and Belts, Oh My!

Auntie SparkNotes: I Want to Make Out with My Boyfriend in Peace

By kat_rosenfieldApril 23, 2012
Dear Auntie, So, I have been going out with my boyfriend for 4 months now. He has only been over my house once and that was just to help me move some stuff into my room. There were other people there but then they left and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Want to Make Out with My Boyfriend in Peace

Teen Must-Read: The Fault in Our Stars

By ContributorApril 23, 2012
dac213 continues her new series by reviewing a Sparkler favorite! Book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Synopsis: I could give you a pretty corny summary about how Hazel and Augustus learn to love, or learn to cope with... More  →
Teen Must-Read: The Fault in Our Stars

A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old-Self

By SissyApril 23, 2012
Dear Sixteen-Year-Old-Self, Alright girl, seriously, what is with all the low-rise jeans and sparkly clothing? Does a top have to be completely covered in glitter for you to consider putting it on? And why is your makeup exactly the same as your shirts: colorful and shimmery?... More  →
A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old-Self

How to Tell if You're a Lit Nerd

Hey there, Sparklers (and Gary)! Today I was sitting on my bed, wearing a Moby Dick shirt, reading Chaucer, and drinking a freakishly large mug of tea when I suddenly lurched from my resting place, sloshed my delicious stewed-plants-with-cream-and-honey beverage everywhere, and creeched “I... More  →
How to Tell if You're a Lit Nerd

The Worst and Best Catcalls of All Time

By Valerie BurnApril 23, 2012
"Blossoming" into an adult has many perks. You grow a little taller, lose some of that acne, and start to figure out what you want in life. Still, the more you start to look like an adult, the more creepy adults try to hit on... More  →
The Worst and Best Catcalls of All Time

My School's Solution to the Mid-Semester Slump: Zombies!

I have this theory (and by "theory," I mean "hesitant hypothesis based on a minimal amount of questionably gathered evidence") that around 78.2% of the way through the semester, a universal slump occurs. Grades drop by a percent or ten, attendance becomes lax, and professor/student... More  →
My School's Solution to the Mid-Semester Slump: Zombies!

How NOT To Drive a Stick Shift

When I bought my first car, I was ecstatic. Overjoyed. Super-extra-amazingly happy.
Except for one little snafu:
I couldn’t drive it.
I had foolishly decided to buy a stick shift (also known as a standard or manual transmission.) My mom has had virtually nothing but a stick shift her... More  →
How NOT To Drive a Stick Shift

So You Want to Make a Viral Video

So you think that you have the brains, the talent, and the unbeatable big-head+British-accent combination to be the next internet sensation? Well then your confidence level is exactly at the delusional state we want it to be in! For while marketers in every... More  →
So You Want to Make a Viral Video