Skip over navigation

Battle of the Books!

By ContributorMarch 8, 2011
Itsa42 describes what just might be the best seated competition since the spelling bee. –Sparkitors Battle of the Books: What is it? Do you hit each other over the head with books? Do your favorite characters take part in an imaginary cage match? No... More  →
Battle of the Books!

One Year, 100 Books: I Am Number Four

By ContributorMarch 8, 2011
Today you get two for the price of one; Lonks gives you a book review AND a movie review!—Sparkitors Book #17: I Am Number Four Author: Pittacus Lore Reason for Reading: The movie looked epic and I have a rule... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: I Am Number Four

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 8, 2011
Today's playlist, by T_Pierce, comes with an ultimatum: be mellow and happy! (Or else?) "Pack up Your Troubles" by Minnutes "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra "The Puppy Song" by Harry Nilsson "Let Your Love Flow" by Bellamy... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 8, 2011
Ok, are you ready for a living, breathing, walking piñata-man?! Because that's what we have for you today. Ignore the fact that this is an ad for chocolate Skittles. (We all know those were grosser than peanut butter on a... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for March 8

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 8, 2011
Lord knows we love ourselves a good shoe circle, which is why we couldn't resist this pic, submitted by grace_return7. Plus, she used the acronym ROTC more times in one paragraph than we ever knew was possible. WINNER. On Valentine's Day, my... More  →
Open Thread for March 8

Auntie SparkNotes: A Big, Fat, Friendly Problem

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 7, 2011
Hey Auntie! So, there’s this girl that has been my friend for such a long time, and when she was little she was very skinny. I’m talking anorexic looking. However, she gradually became heavier and heavier and this is due to the eating habits she has.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Big, Fat, Friendly Problem

My French Adventure: Joyeux Anniversaire!

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 7, 2011
LadyM got to celebrate her 18th birthday in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. With crepes. But we're not jealous. Nope. No way.—Sparkitors Holy Guacamole, Sparklers: I'm officially on my way to old age. Yes,... More  →
My French Adventure: Joyeux Anniversaire!

One Year, 100 Books: The Outsiders

By ContributorMarch 7, 2011
We're sure that if Lonks had known about our undying lurve for Ponyboy, she would have bumped her rating up a star or two.—Sparkitors Book #16: The Outsiders Author: S. E. Hinton Reason for Reading: In 7th grade, my English class was too cool... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: The Outsiders

Committee of Cool: PROM! Plus, Miserably Depressing Stories About Boys!

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 7, 2011
Chelsea: BET NOBODY EVEN ASKED YOU GUYS TO PROM. Emma: PROM. Emily: PROM! Nobody did! Chelsea: PROM??  (THAT WAS ME ASKING YOU TO PROM) Emily: FINALLY. Emma: Nobody asked you? Chelsea: Really? Did you go with friends? Emily: I went with my dumb boyfriend, actually a dif one both years, but neither... More  →
Committee of Cool: PROM! Plus, Miserably Depressing Stories About Boys!

Prom Horror Stories: Gabi and the Junior

By ContributorMarch 7, 2011
Gabi_C. learns to be careful what you wish for in this tale of prom humiliation. –Sparkitors It all started a year ago. I was walking down the hallway with my best friend when I noticed that the theme of that year’s prom was Masquerade.... More  →
Prom Horror Stories: Gabi and the Junior