Skip over navigation

Why I Tumbl(r)

By ContributorAugust 11, 2011
ez30yankee Tumbls so you don't have to. –Sparkitors Tumblr. What? Okay, I’ll admit, when I first heard of it…I thought it was a washing machine. Because it really does sound like one, right? “On my way, darling, I... More  →
Why I Tumbl(r)

The Alphabetical Guide to Surviving High School

LadyM offers some wise (and kind of terrifying) advice to incoming freshmen.—Sparkitors With 8th graders preparing for graduation, they’re bound to be thinking about their glamorized start in high school. They expect to enter the storybook world of teen queens and fabulous parties.... More  →
The Alphabetical Guide to Surviving High School

BrokeNCYDE: Avoid This Band at All Costs

reicherroo is like a cursed superhero: she carries the burden of listening to the worst music in existence, in order to save unsuspecting Sparklers from ever having to hear it. THANK YOU, REICHERROO.—Sparkitors I do a lot for you... More  →
BrokeNCYDE: Avoid This Band at All Costs

If You Won't Date Me, I Won't Be Your Friend

After a brief hiatus, Talie Queen of Drama is BACK to fill you in on her latest gossip. —Sparkitors Hi. My name is Talie and, well, I used to be on this boy diet thing and then summer came so I decided to end... More  →
If You Won't Date Me, I Won't Be Your Friend

Elodie Gets Into a Fender Bender with a Cop

By ElodieAugust 11, 2011
One of our favorite Sparklers just became a SparkLife freelancer, which means she'll be writing even MORE hilarious posts than ever. JACKPOT.—Sparkitors My mom gave me her car when I was seventeen, and I was thrilled. It was a beautiful testament to Volvos everywhere. It was... More  →
Elodie Gets Into a Fender Bender with a Cop

Open Thread for August 11

By SparkLifeAugust 11, 2011
You know what's trendy for Fall '11? Coontails. Just sayin'. (We could never wear REAL coontails after seeing this pic Aleyna22 took at the beach!)... More  →
Open Thread for August 11

Batman 3 Anxiety

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 10, 2011
[caption id="" align="alignright" width="406" caption="Andreas Gradin / Shutterstock.com"][/caption] Is anyone else worried about The Dark Knight Rises? Christopher Nolan’s previous Batman films have been superhero movie masterpieces of suspense, drama, action, and heroics. The Dark Knight is one of the best movies of the decade. Christopher... More  →
Batman 3 Anxiety

A Brit's Perspective on the Riots in England

By ContributorAugust 10, 2011
Thanks for writing this post, Jazzy. We can't imagine what life in London's like right now, either. —Sparkitors I'd like to bring up a very pressing and important issue that is damaging and distressing thousands of people at this very moment—the London riots. Even... More  →
A Brit's Perspective on the Riots in England

Auntie SparkNotes: To Tweeze, Or Not To Tweeze

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 10, 2011
Hi Auntie! So my question is more lighthearted and probably not as pressing or important as other emails you get, but I want to ask you all the same. I've been wondering, do most girls wax/pluck/thread their eyebrows, and is it important to do? I have... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: To Tweeze, Or Not To Tweeze

Ashley's Advice for an Overweight Sparkler

By Ashley SpencerAugust 10, 2011
I am a teenage girl whose weight is in the upper end of the overweight category. (I'm 5 foot 4 and 170lbs). And I really really really REALLY want to lose weight. And not just for the normal reasons, but because I know I'm unhealthy... More  →
Ashley's Advice for an Overweight Sparkler