Skip over navigation

Open Thread for November 23

By SparkLifeNovember 23, 2011
IS IT CREEPY TO SAY THAT I WANT TO BE IN YOUR BEDROOM, Nyx_of_Night? NO? EXCELLENT. (She does have a gorgeous view, amirite?)... More  →
Open Thread for November 23

5 Habits You Don't Need to Quit in High School

By ContributorNovember 22, 2011
We love graceunderpressure's response to sksk3's amazing post, especially #3! —Sparkitors Yes, you are now in high school. It's exciting. Everything is new and fresh and wonderful but also kind of change-y and scary. Don't worry, here are some habits... More  →
5 Habits You Don't Need to Quit in High School

Auntie SparkNotes: The Blob

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 22, 2011
Dear Auntie, It's simple and I need guidance: I am in love with my boyfriend. I'm not one to easily say such a thing, and I'm not a hopeless romantic. But he's THE ONE for me. There's no way to describe it without sounding cliche. So... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Blob

You Can Buy Bella's Wedding Dress (and Look at Emma's)

By Emily WinterNovember 22, 2011
We all know K Beef Stew is breathtaking in black, but it's the white wedding dress she wore in the new Twilight movie that's got the internet in hysterics today. That's because YOU, yes YOU, can purchase a replica of the dress for a mere $799.... More  →
You Can Buy Bella's Wedding Dress (and Look at Emma's)

Ask a Teacher: How Long Does it Take to Get Good at Your Job?

By Miss MahoneyNovember 22, 2011
Q: How long does it take to get good at your job? A: “One more year than you’ve been doing it.” Teaching is easily the hardest thing I have ever done. Allow me to elaborate. Theoretically, it is easy. Find a subject you love.... More  →
Ask a Teacher: How Long Does it Take to Get Good at Your Job?

How to Survive Your First Date

It seems that WelcomeToMichaeland doesn't like guys who smell like pickles. To each her own! —Sparkitors One's very first date can go in a few different directions. It can be a total disaster, it can go wonderfully, or it can be entirely anticlimactic. Personally,... More  →
How to Survive Your First Date

Ellen Makes Fun of Breaking Dawn

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 22, 2011
After the Justin Bieber video, quite a few of you have practically begged me to put this video up as well. Well, maybe not begged, but that makes me feel more important. Anywho, ask and you shall receive, Sparkle-friends! I'm sure you'll find this mockery of... More  →
Ellen Makes Fun of Breaking Dawn

Why My NFL is Better Than Yours

littlemisskatbacon routinely drop-tackles 400-pound dudes...or DOES she? You'll have to read on to find out!—Sparkitors I've been a member of the NFL for two years now, and my team went to Nationals last June. I have numerous trophies, medals,... More  →
Why My NFL is Better Than Yours

Simple Tips That Will Get You Through High School

aspiring4greatness is here to help you survive high school. Listen up.—Sparkitors Ah, high school. Hormones. Football Games. The girls crying under the bleachers for God knows what reason. These four years will no doubt be memorable, but... More  →
Simple Tips That Will Get You Through High School

10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid

By Scott GreenstoneNovember 22, 2011
It’s week 4 of NaNoWriMo, and your hero still sucks times a million. You feel dumb and your fingers type slowly because there’s nothing grounding your novel or pushing it along. We understand your stupidity, though, and we are ready to fight it with every... More  →
10 Tips to Make Your Fantasy Hero Not Stupid