Skip over navigation
Prom

You Know You're From Metro-Detroit When...

By ContributorMay 9, 2011
melian24, we think Detroit sounds like secret club, with special clothes and words and all... —Sparkitors It has come to my attention that the beautiful state of Michigan, and especially the area around the great city of Detroit referred to as Metro-Detroit, has... More  →
You Know You're From Metro-Detroit When...

Open Thread for May 9

By Chelsea DaggerMay 9, 2011
heyitscamille's little pup is SO CUTE we could spit all over our own shoes. We don't know his name, but we do know he's a "malti-poo." DROOL. We've already got plans to kidnap him during the night.... More  →
Open Thread for May 9

Open Thread for May 8

By EmmaMay 8, 2011
shylu98 has an amazing sister, just like all your Sparkitors do! This is something that my sister made for me when I was leaving home, alone, without anyone, for the first time; you get the point. she made it out green clay and showed to... More  →
Open Thread for May 8

Open Thread for May 7

By EmmaMay 7, 2011
thelastcard sent us this pic with the modest note, "Just a picture of a random butterfly I took at Iguaçu Falls." This is "just a picture" like the Mona Lisa is "just a painting"! You're basically a famous photojournalist, thelastcard! Amaze us with your talent—send... More  →
Open Thread for May 7

What to Wear to a Breakup

By Ashley SpencerMay 6, 2011
You know how to dress for certain occasions: for a wedding, you wear a white dress. For Easter, you wear a nice pastel blouse with a neckline your grandma approves of. For New Year's Eve, you wear something short, sparkly, and cheap, so when someone... More  →
What to Wear to a Breakup

Auntie SparkNotes: Bully BFF

By kat_rosenfieldMay 6, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, I have a "friend" that I don't actually like or want to be friends with. We met a couple years ago, and at first she was just annoying and rude. But now she has taken over my life. She is so bossy and... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Bully BFF

Boys Who Love Vintage? They Exist!

By ApneetMay 6, 2011
The spotlight this week is on boy fashion, with my friend Adam modeling vintage and thrifted pieces from his wardrobe. I admire Adam's personal style—it's classic, with a twist. He studies theater in New York City and is a frequent thrift shopper. After the jump,... More  →
Boys Who Love Vintage? They Exist!

How Did You Choose Your Classes?

By ContributorMay 6, 2011
I’ve come to the conclusion that choosing your classes for next year is hard when you don’t know what you want to major in. That’s not strictly true.  I’ll major in Art History if I can’t think of anything better—I still adore the subject, and recently... More  →
How Did You Choose Your Classes?

Dressed To Move

By kat_rosenfieldMay 6, 2011
So, Sparklers! Notice anything... different? Yes, it's true: no longer are we confining our fashionista follies to the tiny, cluttered interior of that Brooklyn apartment! I have moved to Connecticut, and Sparkstyle is coming with me. Or I mean, it WILL be coming. Shortly. As soon... More  →
Dressed To Move

What Do You Think of Lady Gaga's Scandalsauce Video?

By EmmaMay 6, 2011
Emily: We all watched this version, right? Chelsea: WAIT, I THOUGHT WE WERE WATCHING BIEBER. Emma: yes, I watched the non-bieber version Emily: As gaga would say "eww" which was awesome ewwww Chelsea: does she say that? that makes... More  →
What Do You Think of Lady Gaga's Scandalsauce Video?