Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 27, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by bat3151 and it's all songs by Darren Criss! "Categories" by Darren Criss                     "Sophomore" by Darren Criss "Good Ol' Moon" by Darren Criss... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Twi-Rock Vs. DAN-Rock

By ContributorJanuary 27, 2011
mysticjadeshoe has a brilliant idea—but she needs your help to pull it off. Most of you are familiar with Wizard Rock; you know, Draco and the Malfoys, Romilda Vane and the Chocolate Cauldrons, Ministry of Magic, Siriusly Hazza... More  →
Twi-Rock Vs. DAN-Rock

Prom: Behind the Scenes

Prom. To you, it's magical. To the people who set it up, it's the bane of their existence. While you're having fun, they're chewing on their fingernails, worrying about every detail, and generally panicking due to copious amounts of stress. Here's what's going through their... More  →
Prom: Behind the Scenes

Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 16

By Emily WinterJanuary 27, 2011
Volume of the Third, Chapters 13-16 In Chapter 13, Charles Von Bingleberry pulls some broccoli raab out of his teeth just in time to ask JaneWOW to marry him. But we don't get to read about it, since Jane Austen—for some reason—makes this magic moment happen... More  →
Blogging Pride and Prejudice as if it Were a Teen Novel: Part 16

How to Ask Almost Anyone to Prom

Prom is coming up. Let's say you've got your eyes on that special someone. You've spent the last two weeks digging your confidence pants out of the piles of laundry that sit in your closet and you've already ordered a corsage that will perfectly match... More  →
How to Ask Almost Anyone to Prom

Intern's Pick of the Day

All I have to say about today's pick is that it's not what it seems. Watch it all the way through, 'cause the kicker is in the last few ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 27

By Emily WinterJanuary 27, 2011
About this amazing piece of art, stupid_nickel says... My little brother is 13 and is AMAZING with an etch-a-sketch!!!  Here is a picture of one of his best. It's a little dark but you can CLEARLY see that it is a picture of DOGS... More  →
Open Thread for January 27

Intimidating One(ish)-Liners

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 26, 2011
You're cool, confident, a crock star. (The alliteration doesn't even sound forced—that's how cool you are.) Thing is, you're so awesomesauce, you can't really waste your time explaining to others how farkin' amazing you are. That's why you need a quick statement—something that communicates both... More  →
Intimidating One(ish)-Liners

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Second Semester Goals

By EmmaJanuary 26, 2011
Ah, second semester. After five fantastic weeks of blissfully doing absolutely nothing, I’m back to the daily grind of studying, reading, and working. I’ll admit, I was completely spoiled by the long winter break. While I may not be ready to get back into the... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Second Semester Goals

Confessions of an RA: The Opas and the Uh-ohs.

By Lindsay PuvelJanuary 26, 2011
Have you ever RAised an eyebrow at a RAdicaly irRAtional relationship? Have you ever arRAnged a RAther extRAvagant event? Do you have an arRAy of really gRAte skills? Do you have RA on the bRAin? The beginning of spring semester is when most universities begin the... More  →
Confessions of an RA: The Opas and the Uh-ohs.