Skip over navigation

Fear, Loathing, and Cell Reception: How to Make a Tough Phone Call

By Melissa AlbertOctober 5, 2010
Your phone can do just about anything: it can text, it can record embarrassing videos of your friends eating chili fries, and it can even hold down your papers in a strong wind. But one thing it can't do? Help you make scary calls. If... More  →
Fear, Loathing, and Cell Reception: How to Make a Tough Phone Call

Auntie SparkNotes: Lies of Omission

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 5, 2010
Dear fabulous, beautiful, talented, pulchritudinous Auntie Sparknotes, [Pulchritudinous? Oh, DO go on. —Auntie.] Is lying by omission *really* lying? Because if it is, I'm a terrible person. Let me start from the beginning. Short version: I met a guy, thought I'd never see him again, talked to him,... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Lies of Omission

Ashley's High School Life

By Ashley SpencerOctober 5, 2010
We asked the Sploggers to tell us what they were like in high school. Their answers are funny, upsetting, and sometimes cramp-inducing. Today's featured Splogger: Ashley "Bathrobe" Spencer. —Sparkitors Were you funny? I definitely thought I was funny, and considered myself the class clown. I went... More  →
Ashley's High School Life

What Your Favorite Punctuation Mark Says About You

By ContributorOctober 5, 2010
flyergirl13 pretty much nailed it with this guide to punctuation. Don't even try saying you don't have a favorite, because that probably just means you're a hipster who wears pajamas to school. —Sparkitors When people vet potential boyfriend/girlfriends, they check to make sure s/he... More  →
What Your Favorite Punctuation Mark Says About You

How to Pick Up Any Guy with the Perfect Book

By Lauren PassellOctober 5, 2010
Need a new way to pick up guys? Here are some awesome, nerd-tastic ways to score dudes without having to embarrass yourself by using a cheesy pick-up line. All you have to do is carry around the right book, say the right thing, and start to... More  →
How to Pick Up Any Guy with the Perfect Book

How to Be Awesome: Writer's Block Edition

By ContributorOctober 5, 2010
Ooh, what about outlining the outline of your outline? Wait, no, never mind. Just listen to jgrudzy. —Sparkitors Writer's block: that epic tragedy suffered by the creative since the days of cavemen and sidewalk chalk. Easy to get stuck with and hard to overcome,... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Writer's Block Edition

Open Thread for October 5

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 5, 2010
Hey, guess what this puppy's name is? You're never gonna get it. Come on, guess! No, it's not Rex. Nope, not Cupcake. No, it's definitely not Pan the Avenger. It's (drumroll, please)...Puppy! That was a lot of build-up for a little pay-off, wasn't it? GET... More  →
Open Thread for October 5

Homecoming Week At SparkNotes Academy

By ContributorOctober 4, 2010
Thanks for planning our Homecoming Week, peaceonearth34! —Sparkitors Almost every public school has a Homecoming Week, and SparkNotes Academy is no exception. Read on for all the details on this week's incredible (and imaginary) events! Monday: Dan Day. On Dan Day,... More  →
Homecoming Week At SparkNotes Academy

You've Got Romcoms: Chick Flicks to Watch Out For

Romancingvulcans, we think you’re gonna like the sci-fi relationship drama we’re producing. It’s very romantic! –Sparkitors Some Sparklers are sci-fi buffs. Others love a film with lots of ‘splosions. Some (anyone?) just like a good intellectual Swedish relationship drama. And then there... More  →
You've Got Romcoms: Chick Flicks to Watch Out For

10 Reasons To Bike to School

pretty_little_writer, your list is so inspiring! We would totally bike to work—but we're lazy, and it's raining. —Sparkitors

Come on, guys: driving and taking the bus are so last year (which is code for I don't have a car... More  →
10 Reasons To Bike to School