Skip over navigation
Menu

How to ENJOY Eating Lunch By Yourself

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2012
sumsparkler one-ups claudiachance's post and tells you not just how to survive a lonely lunch, but make the most of it!—Sparkitors I know most people hate eating... More  →
How to ENJOY Eating Lunch By Yourself

This Music Will Probably Destroy the World

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2012
I, KittieBratCat, was looking on the back of the package of my guitar strings, and I noticed it has band names on it! And some of them are really good: John Mayer, Aerosmith, Ac/Dc, System of a Down, Counting Crows, Fuel, Guttermouth, Blink-182,... More  →
This Music Will Probably Destroy the World

Geek Week Real Talk: Comedy Nerd 4 Lyfe

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 17, 2012
Sparklers, I am a comedy geek. And it's terminal. The symptoms started out fairly mild—watching marathon stand-up comedy specials, memorizing Christopher Guest movies, wearing out my copies of books by Ellen DeGeneres and Jerry Seinfeld … you get it. Back... More  →
Geek Week Real Talk: Comedy Nerd 4 Lyfe

How to Land a Geeky Boyfriend in 5 Easy Steps

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2012
It is an uncontested fact that Geeky Boys are the most amazing, handsome, adorable, and wonderful boys on the face of the Earth. (Note: this fact may or may not be based on the fact that the writer is dating a Geek.) Well, with all... More  →
How to Land a Geeky Boyfriend in 5 Easy Steps

Open Thread for January 17

By SparkLifeJanuary 17, 2012
Look, butts, it's your favorite household appliance, Ginny! Here's what Sandrz had to say about her sketch: Well, I was supposed to be doing some important work that would drastically change my future, but I decided to do this picture instead. It's not even... More  →
Open Thread for January 17

4 Atypical Reasons I Hate Having a Cold

By ContributorJanuary 16, 2012
Everyone hates having a cold. You sound like you're drowning, you can't hear, smell, or taste anything, and there is absolutely nothing that will make the misery go away. But having been sick recently, I realized there are four not-so-typical reasons why having a cold... More  →
4 Atypical Reasons I Hate Having a Cold

Geek Week Initiation

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 16, 2012
Prospective brothers and sisters, you have made it through your Geek Week pledgeship. You have sufficiently convinced us that you can name all 11 actors who've played Doctor Who (and which ones had perms), can complete the Friday New York Times... More  →
Geek Week Initiation

Auntie SparkNotes: Present Imperfect

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 16, 2012
Hey Auntie! So this isn't exactly a serious problem, but more of a social-etiquette question: is there any acceptable way to tell someone that you want to return the present they got you (if it's not clothes)? There was this one thing (a makeup thing, in... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Present Imperfect

Our 8 Favorite Movie Transformations (And We're Not Talking About Robots In Disguise)

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 16, 2012
Change is a slow and arduous process—unless you live in a movie, in which case, it's cake and usually set to a song by Selena Gomez. Or, it's cake because some magic happens and you wake up a different person with frizz-free hair. Or, it's... More  →
Our 8 Favorite Movie Transformations (And We're Not Talking About Robots In Disguise)

My Geekiest Moment: I'm Makin' Nachos!

By Lauren PassellJanuary 16, 2012
Splogger Lauren Passell confesses her geekiest moment in honor of Geek Week! —Sparkitors In middle school, I was quite the prize package. I wore huge rimmed glasses (because I had to) and a clip on bow tie, suspenders, and Kangol hat (by choice). Except... More  →
My Geekiest Moment: I'm Makin' Nachos!