Skip over navigation

Open Thread for December 25

By EmmaDecember 25, 2010
MERRY CHRISTMAS, SPARKLERS!!!!!!!!!!! We got you this penguin picture! (OK, it's regifted from Pandanana, but you don't mind, right?)

So, this may look like some penguin with some lights around it. BUT IT'S NOT! No, this penguin is

... More  →
Open Thread for December 25

When Should You Open Christmas Presents?

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 24, 2010
Modern Christmas traditions combine about 8 billion sources, from ancient religious practices to huge Roman parties that celebrated the solstice. Over the years, these traditions have mingled and merged, which means today’s Christmas is not only about the birth of Jesus, but about sticking trees... More  →
When Should You Open Christmas Presents?

16 Reasons Elbows Are the Coolest

By ContributorDecember 24, 2010
Nothing makes us happier than a good rebuttal post, Midnight_Masquerade! Except maybe an excuse to think about DeLoreans. –Sparkitors Dear lucy_stop_flying, I am here to answer your challenge and to prove, once and for all, that elbows are the best thing since glitter. And I... More  →
16 Reasons Elbows Are the Coolest

5 Reasons Why Being Single ROCKS

Panhead4life asks that you refrain from putting a ring on it,  or even taking it to the movies on a regular basis. –Sparkitors I’ve seen countless blog posts on SparkLife about how to get into a relationship, how to stay in a relationship,... More  →
5 Reasons Why Being Single ROCKS

How to Hide Your Disappointment When You Get a Bad Gift

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 24, 2010
Is there anything sweeter than early Christmas morning or the eighth night of Hanukkah (when, in my family, the biggest presents were unearthed from their hiding places)? Just think of it...hunkering down on the floor with a promising present, tearing through sheaves of tape and wrapping... More  →
How to Hide Your Disappointment When You Get a Bad Gift

How To Be the Awkward Relative

By Lucy HutchinsonDecember 24, 2010
The problem with Christmas dinner is that everyone is too well behaved. Everyone knows not to talk about politics or religion or why Uncle Maurice has dyed his beard blue this year. That one relative who always says the wrong thing and makes everyone uncomfortable... More  →
How To Be the Awkward Relative

Boy Hunt: Why Geeraff is Lame

By Miss MarmDecember 24, 2010
Geeraff is definitely lame...if by "lame" you mean "AWESOMEPANTS"! —Sparkitors Let’s play a game I just made up. Are you ready? FANtastic! Welcome to the newest game show to sweep the nation: Why Geeraff Is Lame! And here’s the hostess with the mostess, Geeraff! (Applause and... More  →
Boy Hunt: Why Geeraff is Lame

Hilarious Quotes By Teachers-Round 5!

Hannah_Lyra, these are so funny, they almost make you want to take AP Government twice! ALMOST.—Sparkitors At the end of my junior year in high school, there was a problem with my schedule for the next year. At the last minute, I had a... More  →
Hilarious Quotes By Teachers-Round 5!

SparkStyle: The World's Ugliest, Awesomest Sweater

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 24, 2010
Some clothes are awesome. Some clothes are hideous. And some clothes are so hideous, they actually come full circle and cross right over into Awesome territory again. Like, say the sweater I'm wearing today. It's handmade, it's vintage, and I picked it up at a flea market for... More  →
SparkStyle: The World's Ugliest, Awesomest Sweater

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 24, 2010
Today's playlist was sent in by Carocornn and these are just random songs that she finds amazing. "Allow Me to Introduce Myself As... Mr.Right" by The White Tie Affair "Caraphernelia" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day