Menu

How to Write a Secret Admirer Note and Not Sound Like a Stalker.

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 27, 2012
So you like someone and you wanna tell them—but you're desperately afraid of rejection? Cue the SECRET ADMIRER NOTE. Normally, we'd be all: have no fear! You're smart and funny and awesomesauce! This person would be lucky to have you! But you don't always have... More  →
How to Write a Secret Admirer Note and Not Sound Like a Stalker.

What Are Your Dating Rules?

By Emily WinterJanuary 27, 2012
Jan Winter—my momface—has a dating rule called The Three Questions Rule. She says if you ask a guy three questions and he doesn't ask any back, he's got to go. Too self-involved. What is this, an interview? "Nimbo maniac," is what she'd call him. My dating... More  →
What Are Your Dating Rules?

How to Make Studying Fun! (Okay, Maybe Not Fun, But Tolerable, At Least)

By ElodieJanuary 27, 2012
Why is studying so tediously torturous? Why hasn’t anybody invented some sort of technology that will insert the knowledge directly into our brains for easy access? I have confidence that this will happen one day, but until then, here are some tips to help make... More  →
How to Make Studying Fun! (Okay, Maybe Not Fun, But Tolerable, At Least)

Open Thread for January 27

By SparkLifeJanuary 27, 2012
Happy Belated Birthday to Hammncheese94, who not only suceeded in being born 18 years ago, but also succeeded in winning an award at an art competition with this picture! It is quite lovely--the only thing that could make it better is if the... More  →
Open Thread for January 27

How to Throw the Perfect Oscar Party

By Dan_BergsteinJanuary 26, 2012
The nominations have been announced (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close got nominated? Really? Reeeeeeally? That doesn't look like a movie. It looks like a commercial for anti-depressants.) Now it's time to get ready for Hollywood's biggest night. Here's how to throw the perfect Oscar party. Step... More  →
How to Throw the Perfect Oscar Party

Ask Jono: The Five Approaches To Dating

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 26, 2012
Yo Jono, I love your column. So I decided to go to you for advice. Basically, I have this guy friend. Recently, we went to the movies. I did the little trick where I put my hand on the armrest between us, and it... More  →
Ask Jono: The Five Approaches To Dating

Updos for Girls With Curly Hair

By EmmaJanuary 26, 2012
Why are Alexis' friends so cool? And why do they all have such pretty hair?? Do you like this week's 'dos?... More  →
Updos for Girls With Curly Hair

S**t Bilbo Says

By Josh PeriloJanuary 26, 2012
Is anyone else as excited about The Hobbit as we are? GOOD. Because today—TO-DAY—blogger Josh Perilo brings the hottest/dumbest/bestest/not-meant-for-fantasy-novelsiest meme of all time TO THE SHIRE. —Editors ... More  →
S**t Bilbo Says

Auntie SparkNotes: It's Complicated

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 26, 2012
Dear Auntie, I'm having a bit of a dilemma: Everyone always says that in order to make your relationship "official," you have to make it "Facebook Official" (which I don't agree with), but I'm hesitant in doing so. I've been together with this guy for... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: It's Complicated

Don't Break The Rules (Big Brother Is Watching You)

By Scott GreenstoneJanuary 26, 2012
Hello and good (circle one) afternoon/evening/teatime/Day of Reckoning/Teatime of Peril! Did you know we only have three more Rules left after this? I’ve known that ever since there were no longer four Rules left. Not like I’ve been counting down or anything, of course. Haha!... More  →
Don't Break The Rules (Big Brother Is Watching You)