Skip over navigation

The Complications of Crushing On a Celebrity Look-Alike

By ContributorJuly 11, 2011
TanTan takes a break from wooing womenfolk and tackles a spectacularly important social issue (SIKE).–Sparkitors First off, let me remind you that this series isn’t just about impressing girls—it's also has the ambiguous and opened-ended subtitle of “stuff like that,” which means I can... More  →
The Complications of Crushing On a Celebrity Look-Alike

How to Make Psychedelic Dream Cake

Shivani knows how to make a cake from rainbows. Far out, man. —Sparkitors I have returned from the Burning Man of weddings. I traveled to Boulder, Colorado to be a bridesmaid in my close friend Safka’s wedding. I wore a yellow paisley dress that was... More  →
How to Make Psychedelic Dream Cake

Let's All Punch Acne Until It Dies

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 11, 2011
If there is one irrefutable truth in this world (aside from "Chelsea Dagger is a better wizard than Harry Potter"), it's that acne SUCKS. It sucks violently. It sucks more than anything else has ever sucked—and don't be all, "what about blood diamonds, Dagger? Surely... More  →
Let's All Punch Acne Until It Dies

The Big Bang Theory Is the Best Show on Earth. Period.

AishwaryaCullen makes her case for the immensely popular show we've never seen, The Big Bang Theory. Maybe we'll give it a try... —Sparkitors We all have our own versions of utopia. Some people fantasize about lying on a nice golden hammock, being... More  →
The Big Bang Theory Is the Best Show on Earth. Period.

MAKEOVERS!

By EmmaJuly 11, 2011
We love makeovers. We love them soooooo much that we're going to post a million pictures and vlogs and slideshows about them. And what better way to kick things off than with our own Liz_Nash? In her before pic, she's just hanging out with... More  →
MAKEOVERS!

Open Thread for July 11

By SparkLifeJuly 11, 2011
Squee-gee Master sent us the Urban Dictionary definition of SparkNotes, and we've gotta say, it's pretty accurate. Mankind's greatest invention? DEFINITELY—but Harry Potter, Cheez-its, and sweat-wicking underpants all run a close second.... More  →
Open Thread for July 11

Open Thread for July 10

By SparkLifeJuly 10, 2011
We're not gardeners, so we can't say for sure, but we're almost positive these are magical beanstalks covered in four-leaf clovers. Thanks for the pic, Dance.Girl.Sparkle! If you want to see your picture on the interwebs, send it to contribute@sparknotes.com.... More  →
Open Thread for July 10

Open Thread for July 9

By SparkLifeJuly 9, 2011
Looking at this pic from ~too~ makes us feel like mischievous wood nymphs frolicking through the forest while the sun shines on us in a heart shape. Make your Sparkitors feel like mythical creatures: send pics to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Open Thread for July 9

Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and FAQs

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 8, 2011
Who loves updates? We love updates! So strap in, sit back, and get ready to hear how some of your favorite letter-writers are faring in the aftermath of all that advice. The girl whose invite to Harry Potter World conflicted with a previous engagement... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Updates and FAQs

Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 2

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 8, 2011
Chapter Four: The Leaky Cauldron Better Title: Hermione's Parents Hate Her Harry is living the good life as he stays by himself at the Leaky Cauldron. During the day he jaunts about Diagon Alley, looking at all the magical goodies and eating free ice cream. At night... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Part 2