Skip over navigation

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2011
Today's playlist was sent in by nerd_alert and it's called "More Songs You'd Never Have Heard if Not For TV shows, Movies, and Commercials." "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo (Commercial for Bones and episode of Chuck) "Sticks and Stone" by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Diary of a Super Virgin

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2011
reignshine had a rough week, so we ate a gallon of Ben&Jerry's to show our solidarity.—Sparkitors I was rejected by a centaur. *cue audience aww-ing* My attempt, though valiant, simply could not withstand the fierceness of the battle…in other words, he said no. Sventaur said no.... More  →
Diary of a Super Virgin

Awesome Thing of the Week

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 19, 2011
We're uber-pleased that last week's vid scored an 8.82 on the Scale of Awesomeness, despite being based on an absolutely atrocious hip-hop song AND revolving around the Boy Who Some Sparklers Are Getting Really Sick Of. To reward your generosity of spirit,... More  →
Awesome Thing of the Week

7 Reasons I Hate Paper Towels

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2011
SyedaW thinks towels are great. Counterfeit wannabe towels? Not so much. –Sparkitors Recently I read 11ksande's 7 reasons to hate towels. And even though I have nothing against towels (c'mon, guys. Towels are awesome!), I have had a great hatred for paper towels... More  →
7 Reasons I Hate Paper Towels

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2011
Today's pick was sent in by GrangerDanger99, and it is (appropriately) Harry Potter-related. This guy's voice is actually really good, plus his song was inspired by HP. Yup, perfect. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for January 19

By Emily WinterJanuary 19, 2011
This amazing graphic design job is by none other than Apocalyn87. You may remember Apocalyn87 as the winner of the SparkNotes flag contest! Yep, she's pretty freakin' talented.... More  →
Open Thread for January 19

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1H

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 18, 2011
And Badge #25 takes first place for Round 1G! Congratulations to you, and to all the other badges in the last round. Great job, guys! Now, since we don't want to give any more Sparklers nightmares, we've left the zombie picture behind (feel free to thank... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 1H

Auntie SparkNotes: When Nice Guys Are Girls

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 18, 2011
Dear Auntie Sparknotes, So theres this guy (isn't there always?). He's nice, funny, cute (yada yada yada), the picture of the perfect cliche crush. We share similar interests, friend groups, world views. Never before have I met a guy so easy to talk to. I would... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: When Nice Guys Are Girls

The Future Is Here—and I'm Totally Unprepared

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
LadyM is looking ahead, and the view is kinda terrifying.—Sparkitors The above title was selected for brevity’s sake, but a more accurate title might actually be: Reflections of LadyM, a Teenager on the Brink of Adulthood Who is Totally Freaking... More  →
The Future Is Here—and I'm Totally Unprepared

NBK in Alberta: THE DATE

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
LunarCircus has a scruffy love interest. Curl up with a plate of brownies and read all about it! —Sparkitors Bleurg. These past few days have been a whirlwind-and-a-half of emotion for me, Sparklers. First there were the Facebook messages, then there was the infamous Monday...... More  →
NBK in Alberta: THE DATE