Search Menu
Menu

Music of the UK

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 5, 2012
sydney8771 says... British music is seriously underrated in US. (Adele and Coldplay don’t count!) And although I’m not from the UK (I think I was switched at birth, and my wonderfully British parents are somewhere wondering why “their” daughter doesn’t like fish & chips),... More  →
Music of the UK

Ask a Teacher: Admissions Essays

By Mr. JungMarch 5, 2012
Q: I am a high school freshman, applying to the Columbia University Science Honors Program. It's a highly selective, math and science program that meets weekly in the city if I get in. The problem? There is an essay that I have no idea what I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Admissions Essays

Want to Be a Writer But Can't Afford to Do an Unpaid Internship? Don't Despair!

By Melissa AlbertMarch 5, 2012
The best and ONLY way to not be a failed writer by 22 is to do lots and lots of unpaid internships while still in college, right? Well...not necessarily. Internships can be wonderful, but not everyone can afford to work for free. Don't give up hope... More  →
Want to Be a Writer But Can't Afford to Do an Unpaid Internship? Don't Despair!

The New Arcade Fire Hunger Games Song!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 5, 2012
The Hunger Games movie comes out in less than a month, and the album even sooner than that. To keep you from going crazy between now and then, here's another song off of the Hunger Games soundtrack: "Abraham's Daughter" by Arcade Fire. Is it just... More  →
The New Arcade Fire Hunger Games Song!

What We Want to Name Our Office Dog

By Josh PeriloMarch 5, 2012
We really want an office dog. The kinda guy who'll eat our homework and steal our hearts. What would his name be? We’ve been brainstorming, and here’s what we’ve come up with so far: Spiderman: The Dog Lord Sir Reginald Tittlesworth, Esquire The Poop Machine Hims is a... More  →
What We Want to Name Our Office Dog

Open Thread for March 5

By SparkLifeMarch 5, 2012
BigBowlOfAwesome sent us this pic of the "Quiet Zone" in the middle of Chicago. A quiet zone. In a city. A very BIG city. We gotta wonder, how is that working out for them? Wanna see your pic on the OT? Send it... More  →
Open Thread for March 5

Open Thread for March 4

By SparkLifeMarch 4, 2012
Addam and Co. caught the monorail at DisneyLand just in time. Anyone else jealous that they're in DisneyLand? And on a monorail? Because we definitely are. Look how blue the sky is! Oh, and does anyone else think the monorail train looks like a... More  →
Open Thread for March 4

Open Thread for March 3

By SparkLifeMarch 3, 2012
An anonymous Sparkler sent us this photo of her wall of Charlie McDonnell-inspired stuff, to which we say ... YOU HAVE A WALL OF CHARLIE MCDONNELL-INSPIRED STUFF? We knew we were friends with you guys for a reason.Wanna see your pic on the... More  →
Open Thread for March 3

Ask Jono: Jealous Boyfriends

By Jon_SkindzierMarch 2, 2012
Hey Jono! How's it going? Also, what program/stuffs do you use to create your cartoons? I like the line thickness. It makes things look very... round? Like, the line itself feels round to me. I have been asked this several times, which I find... More  →
Ask Jono: Jealous Boyfriends

How to Look Cute in Business Apparel

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 2, 2012
Everyone put on your Serious Businessperson Pants! This week, I had a special request (via Facebook) from a Sparkler who said: I'm going to a Model UN Conference and was wondering if you could do a SparkStyle on business apparel soon? YOU BET YOUR SWEET REAR END... More  →
How to Look Cute in Business Apparel