Skip over navigation

How to Be Awesome: Morning Edition

By ContributorOctober 12, 2010
The worst part about everything, ever, is that you have to wake up and drag your bleary-eyed self out of bed in order to do it. jgrudzy has the solution.—Sparkitors Nobody likes mornings. At least, no one who is actually a human being likes... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Morning Edition

Video War Round 2: Taio Cruz Vs. Mumford and Sons

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 12, 2010
You Sparklers seem to like this new series as much as Chelsea Dagger likes 60 cent vending machine Devil Dogs, and that, friends, is QUITE A LOT. You came out en masse last week to speak your minds about an "indie" fave and... More  →
Video War Round 2: Taio Cruz Vs. Mumford and Sons

Moneymaking Schemes

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 12, 2010
Most high school students are not exactly swimming in spare cash (in a giant vault, a la Scrooge McDuck), but that doesn't mean you can't be. Do you have any idea how many successful entrepreneurs got their start in high school? Well, we don't, but... More  →
Moneymaking Schemes

Open Thread for October 12

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 12, 2010
Today's OT is a super-special birthday shout-out from long-time Sparkler Amarantha to her little sis, Amarantha's_Sister. Amarantha sent in this great photo and the following story: My sister and I went to a town in Minnesota,... More  →
Open Thread for October 12

Auntie SparkNotes: Loss of Affection

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 11, 2010
There's no shame in saying that you want your SO to get all up in your grill and hug the heck out of you, right? RIGHT.—Sparkitors Hey Auntie! Okay, my problem, compared to the others you get, is probably REALLY insignificant, but I would appreciate it... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Loss of Affection

The Playlist to End All Playlists, Part *Insert Ridiculously High Number Here*

By ContributorOctober 11, 2010
The more playlists we publish, the more you send—it's a Sparkler music series that never ends! (Nothing makes a Monday worse like a bad rhyme, are we right?)—Sparkitors Top 10 Original Soundtrack Songs by MugSpark 10. Tokyo Drift by the... More  →
The Playlist to End All Playlists, Part *Insert Ridiculously High Number Here*

Blogging the Removal of My Braces

Congratulations, sciencenerdess94! Sounds like you didn’t cry once, which is more than some editors, er, people can say! –Sparkitors For many of us, braces are inevitable. They cause misery and pain while “benefiting” us in the long run. They also evolved from medieval torture... More  →
Blogging the Removal of My Braces

8 Reasons to Hate Milk

We were worried until we saw #4, HubbaBubba. It’s illegal in 16 states to deny the deliciousness of cookies and milk. –Sparkitors 1. Milk is weird. Think about it. If you’re reading this, you’re too old to even think of drinking... More  →
8 Reasons to Hate Milk

My Crush is a Character on Fringe

We've never seen this show, rubinne, but anything with Joshua Jackson MUST be good!—Sparkitors There have been countless articles in the My Crush series, and after reading them, I felt it was my sacred duty to inform my fellow Sparklers of... More  →
My Crush is a Character on Fringe

15 Ways to Have Fun with $15

By Lucy HutchinsonOctober 11, 2010
Summer is over, and so is all your summer cash, which you earned slaving over a hot grill or lawn or pool or whatever. Look in your wallet right now, and all you'll find is $15 and a business card for someone called Jackie McKnife... More  →
15 Ways to Have Fun with $15