Skip over navigation

Everything Is Not Broken: New Commenting Stuff, New SparkLife

By Emily WinterJune 20, 2011

Sparklers,

As part of our continued efforts to confuse, annoy, and ultimately destroy you, we have just unleashed a pack of wild new technological advancements onto our blog.

Please, be alarmed. Our new slideshow tab can smell your fear.

Additionally, you now have the added

... More  →
Everything Is Not Broken: New Commenting Stuff, New SparkLife

Surviving an All-Nighter, the Jewish Way

By ContributorJune 20, 2011
supertoasty613's night of atonement may or may not have involved donuts. But it DEFINITELY involved coffee. –Sparkitors On the tenth day of June, we Jews celebrated the holiday of Shavuot, on which one of the customs is to stay up learning the... More  →
Surviving an All-Nighter, the Jewish Way

What Should I Do About My Older Crush?

Star Girl keeps messing up when she's around her crush, and she needs your advice! —Sparkitors I'm a girl with a crush. He's smart, and deep, and the bass player of a really awkward band. The guy I have a crush on is my... More  →
What Should I Do About My Older Crush?

How Do I Love Taylor Lautner? Let Me Count The Ways.

LOTR_junkie6 sent in this hilarious parody of Shakespeare's classic sonnet—and all we can say is, Taylor Lautner better watch his back (and his front).—Sparkitors To HND or not to HND, that is the question parents are mortally... More  →
How Do I Love Taylor Lautner? Let Me Count The Ways.

How I Got My First Kiss-In Third Grade, Wearing a Bridesmaid Dress

Even as a 9-year-old, meowing_giraffe had more game than us.—Sparkitors It's the summer of 2005. Four elementary school kids sit outside on a sun-bleached deck, talking about the recently discovered wonders of YouTube. Two of them are... More  →
How I Got My First Kiss-In Third Grade, Wearing a Bridesmaid Dress

New Harry Potter Trailer!

By Aislinn ShevlinJune 20, 2011
I am SO EXCITED for this movie I can hardly stand it!  I'm especially excited for the Ron and Hermione kiss, the scenes focused on Snape, and the "epilogue" scene. I just hope they don't make this one so literally dark that you can't even tell what's going... More  →
New Harry Potter Trailer!

Open Thread for June 20

By SparkLifeJune 20, 2011
DOES ANYONE EVEN READ OPEN THREADS ANYMORE? Whatever. It matters not. What DOES matter is that this pic, submitted by prolife795, is AWESOME. The detail! The scope! The spectacularly shiny lenses of her sunglasses! We are in awe. Happy Monday, beezies.... More  →
Open Thread for June 20

Open Thread for June 19

By SparkLifeJune 19, 2011
Another Sunday, another amazing shot from prolife795. This firework has the prettiest hair we've ever seen!... More  →
Open Thread for June 19

Open Thread for June 18

By SparkLifeJune 18, 2011
prolife795 took pity on her Sparkitors and sent in a bunch of OT pics. This one depicts "cattle brands." As far as we New Yorkers can tell, cattle brands are shiny ceiling ornaments used to entrance little cats (hence the name!). Are we close? Pity... More  →
Open Thread for June 18

You Know You're From Coppell, TX When...

By ContributorJune 17, 2011
behappy283, we're embarrassed to say that we've never even heard of Coppell, Texas until now... You Know You're From Coppell, Texas When... There are only two high schools, and if you go to New Tech, you're weird and/or have facial hair. The phrase "Good cops got... More  →
You Know You're From Coppell, TX When...