Search Menu
Menu

4 Historical Moms Who Kicked Butt

By ElodieMay 16, 2012
Throughout history, moms have been doing whatever it takes to protect their kids and their homes...but these moms, well, they really take the cake. Isabella of France: Also known by her unarguably badass moniker “the She-Wolf of France,” she was the queen consort of King... More  →
4 Historical Moms Who Kicked Butt

Hipster Music, Australian Version

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 16, 2012
8blue_jay8 says this playlist consists mostly of small, up-and-coming Australian bands. YES. Two things we love: hipster music and Australian accents. "Awkward" by San Cisco "Air" by Snakadaktal (This music video is pretty cool--lots of fun masks!) "Girls" by Deep... More  →
Hipster Music, Australian Version

Open Thread for May 16

By SparkLifeMay 16, 2012
Does Tonythetank's picture make anyone else think of the Lion King? Or is it just us? Also, we really want to watch the Lion King now.Send your pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com to be featured on an OT!... More  →
Open Thread for May 16

Red Carpet Style at the Snow White and the Huntsman London Premiere

By Chelsea DaggerMay 15, 2012
I could literally spend my entire day gazing at the photos of Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Stewart, and Charlize Theron from last night's Snow White and the Huntsman premiere—but unfortunately, my internship at the Ministry of Magic doesn't allow me that kind of leisure time. More  →
Red Carpet Style at the Snow White and the Huntsman London Premiere

Ask Jono: Being The Third Wheel

By Jon_SkindzierMay 15, 2012
Dear Jono, Let me start off by saying that, yes, you are very awesome and I love your column and if I ever saw you I would probably drop to my knees, sobbing wildly and weeping tears of pure joy mixed with pepper spray... More  →
Ask Jono: Being The Third Wheel

Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 11

By Dan_BergsteinMay 15, 2012
Chapter Thirty-One: O.W.L.s Better Title: Wizard Job Market Is Non-Existent I bet the kids at Hogwarts all enjoy reading a series of books about a special orphaned child who excelled at mathematics and science, went to a school of business, and one day battled an evil lawyer... More  →
Blogging Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Part 11

Get Your Last-Minute Yearbook Awards Votes in NOW!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 15, 2012
Alright, Sparklers, it's time to use your imaginations. Think back to that one time your family was ordering pizza and you weren't home yet. And you knew—KNEW—that your little brother was going to convince your parents to ONLY order olive and anchovy pizza just to... More  →
Get Your Last-Minute Yearbook Awards Votes in NOW!

Auntie SparkNotes: I Want A Full-On Relationship!

By kat_rosenfieldMay 15, 2012
Dear Auntie, So, I'm a guy, and there's this girl that I've had a crush on for a while. About 3 weeks ago i really started talking to her (and flirting) and it's gone well. I'm not the greatest flirter but I get the job done.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: I Want A Full-On Relationship!

What It's Like to Intern at SparkNotes

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 15, 2012
When it comes to jobs, mine is basically the coolest job in the entire world. Hands down. Why is that? Because I work at SparkNotes, that magical land of leather-bound classic books, amazing smart AND funny people, and huge freezers full of cheese wheels (in... More  →
What It's Like to Intern at SparkNotes