Skip over navigation

Auntie SparkNotes: Friends With Caveats

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 16, 2011
Dear Auntie, Due to some strange series of events I made new friends. The problem is, they aren't like any of my old friends. My friends and I are nerds who don't do dangerous things or get into any trouble and these new guys, who I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Friends With Caveats

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 16, 2011
Today's playlist is called Why My Friends Think I'm Crazy. We're not sure whose friends think he/she's crazy, but we like this playlist! "Istanbul (not Constantinople)" by They Might be Giants "Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton "Rasputin" by The Boney M More  →
Playlist of the Day

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 16, 2011
Today's video is about Harry Potter... so you should love it! Actually, it's about what would happen if Harry Potter was taught by the "magicians" that we have in today's society. Sadly, I can't embed it, so just click here!... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Open Thread for February 16

By Emily WinterFebruary 16, 2011
The old toothbrushes-for-chopsticks trick, eh? Let us when you're ready to make a boyfriend out of twelve rusty nails and three jars of tears—then we'll talk. ... More  →
Open Thread for February 16

Stuff To Keep In Your Locker (for Street Cred)

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 15, 2011
Your locker is a pretty good indicator of who you are. If it's all messy and full of Cheetos, you're probably also all messy and full of Cheetos. If it's a short blue cube, you're probably also... no wait. Hold on. Maybe it's just what's inside... More  →
Stuff To Keep In Your Locker (for Street Cred)

How to Decide Who Should Be in Your Prom Group

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 15, 2011
It is a sad fact that making decisions can be hard. With prom coming up, you're going to be faced with a big decision: which of your friends do you invite to be in your prom group? Who you choose can affect how much you... More  →
How to Decide Who Should Be in Your Prom Group

10 Reasons It Was Great to Be a Kid

By ContributorFebruary 15, 2011

keatonwookie wants to be 7 years old again. Join the club, dude.—Sparkitors

Whenever you come across an old toy (or a dusty pair of Spiderman underwear), you fondly recall the magic of your... More  →

10 Reasons It Was Great to Be a Kid

Unwhole: Chapter 10

At the end of Darklite808's last chapter, Delilah was off on a mission against the evil demonic-vampires. What's going to happen next?! —Sparkitors As the sun broke over the horizon, I found myself tired, hungry, and still in the forest. I stopped at a... More  →
Unwhole: Chapter 10

Hardcover Dictionaries Are Dead

Manateeslooklikewaterballoons just achieved the impossible: she wrote a hilarious post about dictionaries.—Sparkitors

Don’t get me wrong, the concept of dictionaries is great. You hand one to a student, and all of a sudden they’ll

... More  →
Hardcover Dictionaries Are Dead

Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2C

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 15, 2011
And the winner iiiisssss.... Badge #15! You will proceed to Round 3! Alright guys, we're on the third day of our seven-day showdowns. Stay with us... and stay opinionated! We can't wait to see which of these awesome badges is our winner. Now, before we... More  →
Choose Your Sparkler Post Badge: Round 2C