Skip over navigation

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Chicken Nuggets and Girl Talk

By ContributorMarch 24, 2011
After talking to a friend, thenameselodie realized that she's been looking at love the wrong way—and also that she definitely should have gotten a Frosty to dip her fries in.—Sparkitors Holy snow!... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Chicken Nuggets and Girl Talk

Intern's Pick of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 24, 2011
Do you want to watch one of the most boring videos ever? Good. Here it is. (Warning: don't watch all of this or your brain will ... More  →
Intern's Pick of the Day

Playlist of the Day

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 24, 2011
Today's playlist, sent in by starbursting 123, is called Greetings From... the UK (and Ireland). This makes us happy. “Someone Else’s Hands” by the Coronas “Lightspeed” By Twin Atlantic “Breakeven (Falling to Pieces}” by The Script “From the Ritz to the Rubble” by... More  →
Playlist of the Day

Open Thread for March 24

By Emily WinterMarch 24, 2011
Doesn't this look like it was written in alien blood? Thanks aquagleam15!... More  →
Open Thread for March 24

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Explicating "Friday"

By ContributorMarch 23, 2011
We've been trying to decode the "Friday" lyrics for a week now. Thank goodness Courtney Guth is here to break them down for us! —Sparkitors Every so often, a video comes along that speaks to a generation. Who can forget the soulful crooning of... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Explicating

The Best/Worst Puzzle Game of All Time

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 23, 2011
Find It is a popular puzzle game that consists of a sealed tube filled with a few odd items and a gazillion tiny plastic beads. It’s not a typical board game, but more of a fun party game. And by fun, we mean... More  →
The Best/Worst Puzzle Game of All Time

Yes! You CAN Protest... About Something.

By Lucy HutchinsonMarch 23, 2011
So your school fees are reasonable, your teachers aren't discriminatory, and the cafeteria food is pretty good? Well who said there had to be something WRONG to stage a protest? No one, that's who! (Except for society in general, but that doesn't count.) Here are... More  →
Yes! You CAN Protest... About Something.

Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 7

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 23, 2011
It's been 12 hours and 24 minutes since the last chapter, which means that now it's only 4 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, and 4 minutes until prom. Who knew this book would have so much math in it?! Probably not the author. Nisha is at... More  →
Blogging Once Upon a Prom: Dream, Part 7

10 Reasons M&Ms are Superior to Skittles

By ContributorMarch 23, 2011
mysticjadeshoe employs the classic Remus Lupin argument in her defense of M&Ms. Well played, Sparkler! –Sparkitors Dear emc8, Recently, it has come to my attention that you have dissed M&Ms in favor of... Skittles. Don't get me wrong: I love Skittles. But I... More  →
10 Reasons M&Ms are Superior to Skittles

Committee of Cool: Emma's Getting Married! And Other Stuff Is Happening, Too.

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 23, 2011
Emily: We should discuss EMMA'S WEDDING. Chelsea: WE SHOULD DISCUSS MY WEDDING TO EMMA. Emily: THAT SOUNDS GOOD TOO. Chelsea: EMMA, WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME ON OUR HONEYMOON? Emma: I don't... More  →
Committee of Cool: Emma's Getting Married! And Other Stuff Is Happening, Too.