Search Menu
Menu

We Feel Really, Really Bad for McKayla Maroney

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 6, 2012
16-year-old McKayla Maroney is an amazing gymnast. She's recognized almost universally as the world's best vaulter, especially after her near perfect vault in the team finals, which she stuck with an incredible landing. And that's why it's such a shock that she didn't win the... More  →
We Feel Really, Really Bad for McKayla Maroney

The Great Gymnastics Hair Debate

By EmmaAugust 6, 2012
The U.S. women's gymnastics team is the #1 best in the world. They are supreme athletes who can basically fly. They are perfect in almost every way. But they have one weakness: Their bizarrely messy half-ponytails! OK, obviously the hair debate... More  →
The Great Gymnastics Hair Debate

Bummer Summer? Tell These Lies.

By Chrissie GruebelAugust 6, 2012
Summer. It's supposed to be great because freedom! Freeze Pops! Beach days! But sometimes, it's just not. Sometimes you're too hot to function. Sometimes the summer blockbusters don't live up to your expectations. Sometimes you're a candystriper. Since summer can slip into a downward spiral... More  →
Bummer Summer? Tell These Lies.

Open Thread for August 6

By SparkLifeAugust 6, 2012
We asked for more pictures, and boy did you guys follow through! We've got tons! But to celebrate the end of the summer (we do believe some of you start school today), here's a picture from soccer2rules<333, who says... "I'm sending you a picture, however... More  →
Open Thread for August 6

Open Thread for August 5

By SparkLifeAugust 5, 2012
DUDES, WE NEED YOUR HELP. We are basically out of pictures for the OT! We found this adorable pig to tide us over until Monday, but if we don't get more pics by then, we may have to resort to old photos of bald men.... More  →
Open Thread for August 5

Open Thread for August 4

By SparkLifeAugust 4, 2012
Look, a wombat! Wombats are wonderful, aren't they? We just want to go to Australia and carry one home with us. Which is probably illegal, but IT'S CUTE SO WE CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. Send in your pictures to contribute@sparknotes.com! ... More  →
Open Thread for August 4

Ten Reasons to Celebrate the End of Summer

By Melissa AlbertAugust 3, 2012
1. The sand, my god, the sand! It's everywhere. It's in your shoes, it's in the bottom of your bag, it's in your car, a little bit of it might still be in your eyes. We can't wait to beach strike till 2013. 2. Your... More  →
Ten Reasons to Celebrate the End of Summer

The Friday Awards (and a Haiku)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 3, 2012
Today is the best Friday in the history of Fridays. Why? Because it is the Friday that is happening right now. And therefore it automatically... More  →
The Friday Awards (and a Haiku)

A Battle to End All Battles: Harry Potter VS The Hunger Games

By ContributorAugust 3, 2012
Well, Sparklers, Crazywritergirl and I (Metalhead865) have once again returned! And after my Indiana Jones fanhood was completely crushed by all but two–TWO–commenters voting for Han Solo, I have to concede that war to CWG. But today, we have... More  →
A Battle to End All Battles: Harry Potter VS The Hunger Games