Skip over navigation

How to Survive a Group Dissection

By ElodieDecember 1, 2011
Dissecting animals in class is cool. Dissecting animals when you’re forced to do it with strange classmates you can barely tolerate, however, is not cool. Your teacher will announce that you’re starting the cat/frog/pig/antelope dissection, and you will immediately whip around to goggle excitedly at... More  →
How to Survive a Group Dissection

What Did Anyone Like About Breaking Dawn?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 1, 2011
I'm pretty sure we can all sympathize with this song. SecretSparkler thinks that Dan Bergstein secretly wrote this song... anybody agree? Because this seems so perfectly suited for Sparklers. And intelligent people. And Twilight fans who admit that Jacob imprinting on the baby... More  →
What Did Anyone Like About Breaking Dawn?

Eavesdrop While the Sparkitors Discuss Cute Presents

By EmmaDecember 1, 2011
All this month, we're celebrating CUTE CHRISTMAS on SparkLife! HOW JOLLY! —Sparkitors Chelsea: CUTE CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE! Emma: what are the cutest presents you've ever gotten???? Emily: i got a cute present today! Chelsea: YOU DID?! Emily: a... More  →
Eavesdrop While the Sparkitors Discuss Cute Presents

Ask a Teacher: What Happens If I Don't Get Into the College I Want? (Part 1)

By Mr. TocheDecember 1, 2011
Q: What happens if I don't get into the college I want? A: Application deadlines are at hand, and you might wonder what happens if you don't get into the school you want. Here's what you'll want to do: Sell all your possessions, don sackcloth and... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Happens If I Don't Get Into the College I Want? (Part 1)

Open Thread for December 1

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 1, 2011
Good news, Sparklers: it's finally December! The national month of giving me things being generous and loving and stuff. In other news, you're probably wondering, "What are these strange-looking edible creations?" In the words of WhatWasIDreamingAbout, they are "THE MOST AWESOME... More  →
Open Thread for December 1

Auntie SparkNotes: Of Convicts and Communication

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 30, 2011
Dear Auntie, So let me get straight to the awkward, abnormal point: my dad has been in prison since before the start of the century and he's being released in a few months! So, I won't get into any details of his crime (think: drugs), but... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Of Convicts and Communication

6 Questions About Fashion

By EmmaNovember 30, 2011
Sometimes we're okay at fashion (we just bought a turquoise coat, and it's really pretty!). Sometimes we're scared of it (these shiny leggings may have been a bad idea). And sometimes, like today, we have six questions about it. 1. How much should we feel okay... More  →
6 Questions About Fashion

The Pre-Party Party Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 30, 2011
The same Anonymous Sparkler who sent in this awesome playlist sent in another one... and it's at least as awesome. Maybe more. And since it's Christmas time, everyone needs music to get them ready for all the parties! So blast away,... More  →
The Pre-Party Party Playlist

"This Is About My Soul!" The Movie Club Discusses New Moon

By Dan_BergsteinNovember 30, 2011
The Twilight Saga: New Moon is the best Twilight movie I’ve ever seen. That’s not saying much. Having only seen the first and second movies in the series, perhaps I should reserve my judgment until I’ve witnessed the entire cinematic saga. I really hope someone at... More  →
"This Is About My Soul!" The Movie Club Discusses New Moon

How to Make Your Band Uniform Less Awkward

By ContributorNovember 30, 2011
MillyMellophone doesn't want you to look like a dweeb while you're toting that sousaphone around. Here's how to march it out with style.—Sparkitors From the ill-fitting uniform to the mortifyingly gooney plume, high school marching band is essentially one... More  →
How to Make Your Band Uniform Less Awkward