Skip over navigation

The Dangers of Outdoor Dating

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 19, 2010
Here in New York, the first signs of spring are starting to appear in and around our Sparknotes headquarters—including some lovely things that make us happy (warm sunshine, pretty flowers, and cheerful people on bicycles), and some not-so-lovely things that... um, don't. (Yesterday we stepped... More  →
The Dangers of Outdoor Dating

Live Blogging My International Flight

By ContributorMarch 18, 2010
We think peaceonearth34 would start a war on earth if she didn't get fed on a flight. Take notes, Jet Blue! —SparkNotes editors If any of you have ever traveled internationally, you know the feeling. You're drained, angry, and ready to curse out anyone... More  →
Live Blogging My International Flight

10 Easy Ways to Get Beat Up

By Kia WoodMarch 18, 2010
Are you itching for a fight? Here are ten ways to get yourself punched in the face (or at least strongly reprimanded). 1. Driver a hummer. Those cars are like fist magnets. 2. Say to a girl who’s obviously in a bad mood, “are you PMSing?” 3. Flip... More  →
10 Easy Ways to Get Beat Up

Life Before Cell Phones

By Katie_RolnickMarch 18, 2010
We'll admit it: We're addicted to our cell phones. Texter, phone-number-keeper, web connector—today's cell phones are all that and much more. So how did people ever survive without them? Like this: Movie Theater Meeting Now: If you're looking for your friends, you text or call them and... More  →
Life Before Cell Phones

How to Handle Mystery Texts

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 18, 2010
With so many cell phones in the world, it’s no wonder that every so often you receive a strange text message from someone you don’t know. Chances are it’s a wrong number. Simple as that. But what if it isn’t? What if the message is... More  →
How to Handle Mystery Texts

Signs You Might Have Spring Fever

By Katie_RolnickMarch 17, 2010
This Saturday is the vernal equinox, which is just a fancy way of saying the first day of spring. Wooo-hooo! We're desperate for longer, warmer days and real, actual sunlight. You might even say we have "spring fever." But how do you know... More  →
Signs You Might Have Spring Fever

Should I Be a High School Hermit?

By ContributorMarch 17, 2010
Sparkler lmaonaise is very, very funny. Can we steal some of your funny, lmaonaise, for this awesome party on Saturday that *blushes* certain people may attend? Just this once? PLEASE?!?!? —SparkNotes editors Friends are an almost... More  →
Should I Be a High School Hermit?

Parcheesi, and Other Games of Love

By kat_rosenfieldMarch 17, 2010
If you've ever gone over to the home of a friend you happen to be crushing on, you know how this goes: Step 1: You show up. Step 2: You flip a wave and a "hi there" to Mr. and Mrs. Parents-of-Your-Crush. Step 3: You head down to... More  →
Parcheesi, and Other Games of Love

Tips for Summer Play Thespians

By ContributorMarch 16, 2010
Sparkler dramaKTO gets depressed when she finishes a play. We get depressed when we finish a burrito. —SparkNotes editors Now is the time when spring plays end and rehearsals for summer shows begin. This post is for peeps who are novices. If you are... More  →
Tips for Summer Play Thespians

The Diary of Ashley Spencer: One Lucky Working Girl

By Ashley SpencerMarch 16, 2010
Unexpected things can come up out of nowhere, like an unwelcome zit on a usually-perfect nose, causing dramatics and disaster. My zit of the week came in the form of a dead car. The first days of my internship breezed by in a chaotic whirlwind. I... More  →
The Diary of Ashley Spencer: One Lucky Working Girl