Skip over navigation

The Think Tank

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 9, 2010
Be warned, Sparklers: this week's Think Tank is going to push you to your limits. It's going to get inside your head, build a three-level house, and set up a foos-ball table in the garage. It's going to explode your brain, and then explode the... More  →

A Day in the Life of a Teenage Girl in the Hospital

By ContributorDecember 9, 2010
xxblueeyesxx595 may be stuck in the hospital, but there's nothing wrong with her funny bone! (Yes, we really just made that joke.)—Sparkitors I developed Ulcerative Colitis when I was thirteen, and recently, my... More  →

8 Reasons I Love Hanukkah

thelastcard makes some solid points; after all, you can't really argue with Adam Sandler.—Sparkitors After reading violet_hill1944's post, So What's The Deal With Hanukkah?, I noticed the Sparkitors' note at the bottom: violet's... More  →
8 Reasons I Love Hanukkah

How To Deal With a Superstar Sibling

Did your freshman brother just make the varsity football team and become the most popular guy in school? thenameselodie can relate.Sparkitors Sibling rivalry—it’s been around forever. (Cain and Abel, I’m looking... More  →

The Do's and Don'ts of Being a Wing Person

By Ashley SpencerDecember 8, 2010
You know that with great power comes great responsibility. But did you know that that advice applies not only to Spider Man, but to wing people (we prefer that term to “wing man")? If one of your friends trusts you enough to make you her... More  →
The Do's and Don'ts of Being a Wing Person

Application Essay: Booty Talk

By Miss MarmDecember 8, 2010
Since reading this essay a few weeks ago, I've thought about it a lot. That might be because Fiona is my soul sister (like her, I'm a nerdy feminist Hot 97 addict who feels kind of guilty about listening to misogynist... More  →
Application Essay: Booty Talk

What NOT To Do When Meeting The Love Of Your Life

By ContributorDecember 8, 2010
maddiroxox met the guy of her dreams—but she didn't exactly make the best first impression.—Sparkitors Let me set the scene for you: I was standing in line at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, waiting for my third go-round... More  →

The Pros and Cons of Having a Photographic Memory

maximumrandomness, you are the British Mankler who saw too much. –Sparkitors First off, I’d like to clarify one thing: having a photographic memory does not mean that when I blink, a little “click” sound comes from my head. Nor does it mean that I... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Having a Photographic Memory

SparkLife Superlatives

bubbles396 has some questions for you. And by "you," we mean, "allllllll of you." —Sparkitors SparkLife Academy wouldn’t be complete without a yearbook, right? Right. What comes with a yearbook? Superlatives, that’s what. The ten superlatives below are what I cooked up in... More  →
SparkLife Superlatives

How to Go to a Party Alone

By Lauren PassellDecember 8, 2010
You probably won't make it 'till January without getting asked to a holiday party or two, and while they can be fun, you may have to go to one alone. Don't be scared! This is a great chance to make new friends. Play it cool,... More  →
How to Go to a Party Alone