Skip over navigation

The Pronoun We've Been Living Without

By ContributorJune 9, 2011
Bexxrose has a problem. With the English language. Uh oh.—Sparkitors My friends, there is a garish, gaping, gawking hole in English grammar, and it exasperates me to no end. In fact, it makes me want to yell like this.... More  →
The Pronoun We've Been Living Without

Ask Jono: Flirting With Friendliness

By Jon_SkindzierJune 9, 2011
Hi Jono! So I have a guy question. So I have this guy friend. Let's call him John. John and I are pretty good friends. As in, if he saw me walking across the quad, he would run over to give me a hug,... More  →
Ask Jono: Flirting With Friendliness

How To Get Guys: Advice From A Mankler!

TanTanTheLadiesMan is quickly becoming our go-to source for all things Mankler-related!—Sparkitors Although my expertise in this area is limited, my lady friends have been asking for it (practically mauling me at every street corner), and true to my name, I can’t deny them... More  →
How To Get Guys: Advice From A Mankler!

Elodie Graduates High School. And Then Her Face Freezes. Plus, She Cries!

thenameselodie is done with high school, and she's got more than kissing on her mind—now she's got COLLEGE to worry about!—Sparkitors Guess who graduated last week, Sparklers? That’s right, this girl! Our class president gave a speech that involved thinly veiled Ke$ha references... More  →
Elodie Graduates High School. And Then Her Face Freezes. Plus, She Cries!

What's It Like to Work in a Deli?

By ContributorJune 8, 2011
Gross, fun, and sometimes bloody. Here are the highlights and lowlights of one of my three summer jobs: Highlight: My coworker Richard. He’s like 50, a complete hippie, and I love him. He’s always trying to get me to start a band with him, or at... More  →
What's It Like to Work in a Deli?

How To Get Rid of a Third Wheel

By Jon_SkindzierJune 8, 2011
Nobody likes having a third wheel around, with the possible exception of a cyclist who is riding past a thumbtack factory. Human third wheels are even worse, as they are clueless, disruptive, and often difficult to ignore. Here are a few solutions to the third wheel dilemma. More  →
How To Get Rid of a Third Wheel

Moving For Dumb-Butts: A Guide by Aleyna22

Aleyna22 is moving to a tiny, tiny town—thankfully, her sense of humor is going with her.—Sparkitors Sometimes the economy will force your parents to find a job in a new town. Sometimes a sinkhole will form under your house and you’ll be forced... More  →
Moving For Dumb-Butts: A Guide by Aleyna22

Emily and Chelsea Are the Softball Champions of FOREVER

By Chelsea DaggerJune 8, 2011
Last night, Sparklers and sports fans, history was made. Last night, small, hopeless dreams became shining, deodorant-tinged reality. Last night, Emily and Chelsea's middling recreational intramural after-work softball team, the fearsomely-named Barnestormers, WON A GAME. (This is the moment where you erupt in deafening cheers of... More  →
Emily and Chelsea Are the Softball Champions of FOREVER

The Top 10 Reasons the Internet Actually DOESN'T Suck

TanTanTheLadiesMan fires back at this post by Jenny the Intern—and we hate to say it, Jen, but we might be on his side. DON'T HATE US.—Sparkitors Ignoring the fact that the counter argument used the... More  →
The Top 10 Reasons the Internet Actually DOESN'T Suck

My Life Kind of Rocks Right Now

Lyra started this column because she had a mad crush on her BFF, James. But now, well just read to on to find out... —Sparkitors Today, I am going to tell you some big news.  But first, I want to update everyone on how... More  →
My Life Kind of Rocks Right Now