Skip over navigation

What It Means When We Friend-Zone You: A Post for the Manklers

By ContributorNovember 16, 2011
grace_return7 wants you dudes to know that getting "friendzoned" is a huge compliment. Kind of.—Sparkitors Auntie's recent article on friend-zoning sparked some debate among my guy friend and I. He missed the point of the post—after reading it,... More  →
What It Means When We Friend-Zone You: A Post for the Manklers

Five Reasons Why Playground Games Are the Best Kind of Fun

By ContributorNovember 16, 2011
LuckyCharmsLizz wants you to get back on those monkey bars and swing for the fences. (We may have mixed our metaphors there, but whatever.)—Sparkitors Anyone who knows me in real life, has read my profile, or has read my NaNoWriMo knows that I’m... More  →
Five Reasons Why Playground Games Are the Best Kind of Fun

What Do You Do When Your Best Friend Acts Bipolar?

By ContributorNovember 15, 2011
Who among us hasn't been walloped by a best friend's mood swing? But we think Lily_LoveisLouder has got it worse than most... –Sparkitors What do you do if one of your best friends changes her mood like every five minutes? One minute she’s all... More  →
What Do You Do When Your Best Friend Acts Bipolar?

How to Boil Water, and Other Tips

By ShivaniNovember 15, 2011
I’m about to dominate Recipe Week, guys. Not with actual recipes, mind you, but with the tips, tricks, and overall lesson plans that will get you in and out of the kitchen in one piece. I would have started on Monday, but I was busy... More  →
How to Boil Water, and Other Tips

Auntie SparkNotes: The Loss of One Guy

By kat_rosenfieldNovember 15, 2011
Dear Auntie SparkNotes, So a year ago, at the start of my sophomore year, I developed an obscenely huge crush on this guy. He's my One Guy; the one who I know I don't have a chance with but think about incessantly. But just so you... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: The Loss of One Guy

You've Got a Date with Destiny (and with Me, the Fastest Pancake Eater in the West)

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 15, 2011
ATTENTION, BUTTS: I hereby challenge each and every one of you to a PANCAKE-EATING CONTEST BATTLE ROYALE SUDDEN DEATH MATCH. It will commence tomorrow at dawn. Bring your own utensils. And your own pancakes. Also, a bucket for barfing. And lastly, a you-sized coffin. Now that... More  →
You've Got a Date with Destiny (and with Me, the Fastest Pancake Eater in the West)

Fiesta In Your Belly: Huevos Rancheros

By Lauren PassellNovember 15, 2011
If you are good at dumping stuff into a pan, you are going to rock these Mexican eggs. They're really hard to mess up, and they're extremely messy to eat. Not a good first date food. A great morning-after-sleepover food. Also a good "I'm so... More  →
Fiesta In Your Belly: Huevos Rancheros

What to Do When You Meet Your Online GF or BF IRL

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 15, 2011

After weeks of online bantering and flirting and flantering and birting, the dreaded/hoped-for words arrive:

"So...what do you think about meeting up? Like, face-to-face?"

Gulp.

One "yes" later, and you're in an a stage-four meltdown of questions and excitement and worries:

- "What if he gives great email, but there's

... More  →
What to Do When You Meet Your Online GF or BF IRL

A Recipe for Awesomesauce

CrystalSoda's recipe will change your life, guaranteed. (Note: We use the word "guaranteed" very loosely.)—Sparkitors My heart leapt when I saw that SparkLife was going to have a recipe week. I fancy myself an epicure, so I jumped... More  →
A Recipe for Awesomesauce

In Defense of Anime

Nicole_Lyn started her email to us with a question for the ages: "Why is anime the butt-monkey of American television?"—Sparkitors It has come to my attention that liking anime whilst simultaneously living in America makes you a weird nerd. Let’s get something straight: I’m... More  →
In Defense of Anime