Menu

The Lazy (and Cheap!) Girl's Guide to Beauty 'N Stuff

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 19, 2012
Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves, ladies; the tips below are foolproof ways to avoid beauty faux-pas! They're also ideal if you're lazy and uncoordinated, because let's be honest; makeup's fun and all, but we're not splitting atoms over here. Use 'em and love 'em! Or,... More  →
The Lazy (and Cheap!) Girl's Guide to Beauty 'N Stuff

How To Name Your Indie Band

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 19, 2012
So, you’re in a band! You wrote some material, met a drummer who doesn't smell like his parents' garage, and you’re finally getting that take of "(Jenny You Are My) App Store" down tight. But now you have a decision to make. It is the hardest,... More  →
How To Name Your Indie Band

The 5 Albums I'm Most Excited for in 2012

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2012
Music expert Metalhead presents the list of albums he can't wait to listen to!—Sparkitors In just the first two weeks of January, my Facebook feed has been flooded with a ton of my favorite bands (old and new) announcing that, yes, they're bringing... More  →
The 5 Albums I'm Most Excited for in 2012

Are English Classes Totally Worthless?

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2012
SirAlecoftheIntegral makes a bold claim, but can he back up his big talk? (We're really into the phrase "big talk" right now.)—Sparkitors I recently read a SparkLife post all about the Glorious Classics, and I couldn’t help but think how... More  →
Are English Classes Totally Worthless?

Things To Hide Before Your New SO Sees Your Room

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 19, 2012
Nothing else combines "fun" and "harrowing" quite like having a new SO. Granted, a new relationship is awesome, but so are donuts and puppies, and they don't cease to exist if it turns out that your room is full of My Little Ponies. The same... More  →
Things To Hide Before Your New SO Sees Your Room

Music to Unleash Your Inner Rap Artist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 19, 2012
P!nkaLicious is here to fill in with a music genre we've mostly ignored...rap! If you like rap music with some singing, this is the playlist for you. Actually, even if you don't like rap, this playlist is pretty good. Warning: any song with... More  →
Music to Unleash Your Inner Rap Artist

Rachel's Geekiest Moment

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 18, 2012
In college, I was a dual minor in Latin and Medieval Studies. (Geek-Strike One.) My junior year, I augmented this by talking my way into a rarely-offered, high-level class (Geek-Strike Two): Intro to Old English (Geek-Strike A GUHGILLION.)* The class consisted of six upper-level... More  →
Rachel's Geekiest Moment

Binary Code 0101001001001111010000110100101101010011 (Rocks)

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2012
JustAnotherUsername definitely wins for most numbers ever used in a SparkLife title. We're just glad all those 0s didn't break the internet.—Sparkitors In case you didn't understand the title, that's the word "rocks" translated into binary code for you. ... More  →
Binary Code 0101001001001111010000110100101101010011 (Rocks)

Quiz: Are You a Geek or a Nerd?

By Lucy HutchinsonJanuary 18, 2012
The Internet is simply bursting with geeks and nerds, who are all bursting with graphs and charts explaining the difference between geeks and nerds. Everyone has an opinion, but you can ignore all of them, because they're wrong. All you need is this quiz. While there's... More  →
Quiz: Are You a Geek or a Nerd?

Long Live the Semicolon: Ana's Geeky Grammar Rules, Part 2!

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2012
Annacarmen4376 is back with even more handy tips to keep your writing spic-and-span! (Do people still say "spic-and-span," or is that just us and our moms?)—Sparkitors Since it’s Geek Week, Sparklers, I thought it would be apropos to share with you my most... More  →
Long Live the Semicolon: Ana's Geeky Grammar Rules, Part 2!