Skip over navigation

Terrible Ways To Ask Someone To Be Your Valentine

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 27, 2011
There are tons of great ways to ask someone to be your Valentine. Foremost among them is actually asking the person, with minimal trickery, and without assuming you need to play a guitar or break a bunch of laws. As long as you can say... More  →
Terrible Ways To Ask Someone To Be Your Valentine

The Think Tank: Aragorn Looks Good When He's Greasy

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 27, 2011
While crafting this week's utterly genius post, we thought to ourselves, "Now, who's in need of some Think Tank face-time?" And you know who we thought of? That super-ugly, permanently unshowered dude named Wormtail who appears in The Two Towers for about 15 horrifying seconds. But... More  →
The Think Tank: Aragorn Looks Good When He's Greasy

The 10 Worst Ways To Wake Up Your Sibling

By ContributorJanuary 27, 2011
If Midnight_Writer were our little sister, we'd probably have killed her by now. But we'd also be on time to work.—Sparkitors My sister never, ever wakes up when her alarm clock goes off. It just... More  →
The 10 Worst Ways To Wake Up Your Sibling

Life as a Christian

By ContributorJanuary 27, 2011
This Anonymous Sparkler talks about her beliefs, and invites you to respectfully join the conversation. –Sparkitors As the Life of an Atheist post seemed to spark (see what I did there?) so many opinions, views, and questions, I thought I would write... More  →
Life as a Christian

Intimidating One(ish)-Liners

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 26, 2011
You're cool, confident, a crock star. (The alliteration doesn't even sound forced—that's how cool you are.) Thing is, you're so awesomesauce, you can't really waste your time explaining to others how farkin' amazing you are. That's why you need a quick statement—something that communicates both... More  →
Intimidating One(ish)-Liners

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Second Semester Goals

By EmmaJanuary 26, 2011
Ah, second semester. After five fantastic weeks of blissfully doing absolutely nothing, I’m back to the daily grind of studying, reading, and working. I’ll admit, I was completely spoiled by the long winter break. While I may not be ready to get back into the... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Second Semester Goals

Confessions of an RA: The Opas and the Uh-ohs.

By Lindsay PuvelJanuary 26, 2011
Have you ever RAised an eyebrow at a RAdicaly irRAtional relationship? Have you ever arRAnged a RAther extRAvagant event? Do you have an arRAy of really gRAte skills? Do you have RA on the bRAin? The beginning of spring semester is when most universities begin the... More  →
Confessions of an RA: The Opas and the Uh-ohs.

The Truth About Wiccans

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 26, 2011
dontfightmyblaze, is it possible to worship nature if you live in New York City? Or would we have to worship... concrete? —Sparkitors Most of you probably opened this page to read stories of witches riding a broomstick or stirring a cauldron or turning people... More  →
 The Truth About Wiccans

15 Ways To Get Sympathy When You're Mildly Sick

By Lucy HutchinsonJanuary 26, 2011
It's bad enough when you have the sniffles or a scratchy throat, but it's even worse when nobody knows about it. Everyone treats you normally, not realizing you're inches from death! Here are a few ways to get as much sympathy as possible when you're... More  →
15 Ways To Get Sympathy When You're Mildly Sick

Why English Is the Best Subject in the Universe

By ContributorJanuary 26, 2011
Odds are good you're preaching to the choir, zara95! –Sparkitors On school days, the last thing I want to do is get out of my warm bed and plunge into a cold world of math, science, and the rest of my hectic, mundane school... More  →
Why English Is the Best Subject in the Universe