Skip over navigation

My Crush is a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Character

By ContributorOctober 5, 2010
We've never seen an episode of Buffy, TeenAuthorsForTheWin, but now we're totally sold! Netflix, here we come. —Sparkitors I used to be one of those poor saps who had only heard of Buffy the Vampire Slayer; I just assumed it was the... More  →
My Crush is a

My Quest to Become the Ultimate Photographer

Kolizzle, you're an artistic genius in the making! —Sparkitors If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I'm incredibly passionate about photography. I love looking at the pictures on every Open Thread, I use my free time to scroll through... More  →
My Quest to Become the Ultimate Photographer

Fear, Loathing, and Cell Reception: How to Make a Tough Phone Call

By Melissa AlbertOctober 5, 2010
Your phone can do just about anything: it can text, it can record embarrassing videos of your friends eating chili fries, and it can even hold down your papers in a strong wind. But one thing it can't do? Help you make scary calls. If... More  →
Fear, Loathing, and Cell Reception: How to Make a Tough Phone Call

Ashley's High School Life

By Ashley SpencerOctober 5, 2010
We asked the Sploggers to tell us what they were like in high school. Their answers are funny, upsetting, and sometimes cramp-inducing. Today's featured Splogger: Ashley "Bathrobe" Spencer. —Sparkitors Were you funny? I definitely thought I was funny, and considered myself the class clown. I went... More  →
Ashley's High School Life

How to Be Awesome: Writer's Block Edition

Ooh, what about outlining the outline of your outline? Wait, no, never mind. Just listen to jgrudzy. —Sparkitors Writer's block: that epic tragedy suffered by the creative since the days of cavemen and sidewalk chalk. Easy to get stuck with and hard to overcome,... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Writer's Block Edition

How to Be an Amazing Singer

By ContributorOctober 4, 2010
Theoreticalgrrl, these tips are awesome! We're dedicating our first Grammy Award to you. —Sparkitors Everybody loves to sing, even Swiss clowns and particularly intelligent platypuses. Unfortunately, not everyone can be good at singing. Until now! With the help of my patented six-step system, even... More  →
How to Be an Amazing Singer

10 Reasons Fall Is the Best Season for Romance

By ContributorOctober 4, 2010
You had us at apple pie, ‘olwhatshername! –Sparkitors Did summer romance pass you by in 2010? Think you have to wait until next year to have a seasonally-based fling? Well, think again. Fall is totally made for those flings that are too cool to... More  →
10 Reasons Fall Is the Best Season for Romance

Jon's High School Life

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 4, 2010
We sent our Sploggers a list of questions about their high school selves, and the answers will SHOCK you. Well, maybe not SHOCK, but emotionally tase you. Or something. —Sparkitors Were you funny? No. Unless you're asking if I was funny unintentionally, like because I was... More  →
Jon's High School Life

A Day in the Life of a Cross-Country Skier

By ContributorOctober 1, 2010
Picture a Nordic ski racing camp in West Yellowstone, over Thanksgiving break. It's fun, but extremely cold and terrifying, and we're lazy and scared. So we're gonna leave this to EllieSpruce. —Sparkitors 6:15 a.m. Ugh. Someone's phone alarm... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Cross-Country Skier

A Day in the Life of a Summer Nanny

By ContributorOctober 1, 2010
And we thought our feral raccoon-sitting job was bad. Glad you’re done for the summer, textingandy92! –Sparkitors At the beginning of the summer, I thought I loved kids. I was convinced I would have tons of them when I grew up and got married.... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Summer Nanny