Skip over navigation

25 Things to Do When You're Bored

By ContributorApril 7, 2010
Is Spring Break making you bored? Try out these ideas from Sparkler SongByrd94 —SparkNotes editors 1. Sew yourself a real pair of confidence pants. 2. Bake cupcakes and give one to all your neighbors; spread the happiness! 3. Dance around your house... More  →
25 Things to Do When You're Bored

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Eat

By kat_rosenfieldApril 7, 2010
If you're stuck on the couch for the duration of your spring break, there's no need to be gloomy. Your SparkNotes editors feel your pain, and we've put together an all-encompassing guide to having the greatest spring break EVAR right in the comfort of your... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Eat

The Perks of Being Slow

By ContributorApril 7, 2010
We think TheBalticSea should run... for class clown. —SparkNotes editors Around the time I accidentally signed up for my school's cross country team (I thought it was a sign-in sheet for the informational meeting, not a Til-Death-Do-Us-Part contract), I noticed a lot of... More  →
The Perks of Being Slow

Hello There: 5 Greetings to Make Anybody Smile

By ContributorApril 6, 2010
lilalovegood, you've brightened our day already—and you haven't even said Hi yet. —SparkNotes editors How many times do you get passed by and ignored in the halls at school? Wouldn't your morning be so much brighter if people... More  →
Hello There: 5 Greetings to Make Anybody Smile

Stages of a Breakup

By ContributorApril 6, 2010
We think SaraKG should be a lyricist for lovelorn folk singers. We also suspect she may have recently gone through a breakup? We hope you're doing well, Sara! —SparkNotes editors Stage One: Guilt (aka “Did I invest too much in my SO?”) It’s strange, the... More  →
Stages of a Breakup

Pros and Cons of Shyness

By ContributorApril 5, 2010
We love this insightful post by xoxobrookie. Shy people make the best writers and Sparkitors, you know! —SparkNotes editors I've been shy for as long as I can remember. It affects almost every aspect of my life. If you're like me, I'm sure... More  →
Pros and Cons of Shyness

A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Read

By kat_rosenfieldApril 5, 2010
It's a few days into your wild and wonderful spring break at home, and something strange has happened: you don't feel like going anywhere, you don't feel like seeing anyone, and even the magical companionship of the television just doesn't have... More  →
A Homebound Spring Breaker's Guide: What to Read

The Daisy List

The phrase "bucket list" grosses us out, because buckets make us think of 1) mopping the floor, and 2) puking in the middle of the night. "Daisy list" is so much nicer. Great invention, neomaxizoomdwbi! —SparkNotes editors The other day I watched The Bucket... More  →
The Daisy List

A Sparkler's Spring Survival Guide

If romancingvulcans had seen us this morning, she would have whacked us with her racquet. —SparkNotes editors Spring is one of the most challenging seasons of the year. Here are four spring things to watch out for: 1. Tracksters. Not track stars but tracksters, the... More  →
A Sparkler's Spring Survival Guide

5 Types of Annoying People

By ContributorApril 3, 2010
Susie5292 is the funniest angel we know. (Is it just us, or are Sparklers getting collectively more hilarious?)  —SparkNotes editors We've all been taught not to hate people, but is it really so wrong to be annoyed by particular behaviors? I certainly don't think... More  →
5 Types of Annoying People