Skip over navigation

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Let's Sound Fancy!

By ContributorDecember 10, 2010
We want to sound as fancy as possible. That's why we're so ebullient about this post by Courtney Guth! —Sparkitors I’m sure it isn’t shocking that I love words; after all, I am an English major. Germanic or Latinate, I don’t discriminate. At the risk of... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Let's Sound Fancy!

Interview With a Sparkler: Round "Dude, Mr. President, Stop Stealing My Fries."

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 10, 2010
Get this, guys: two of the most popular answers to last week's question also happen to be two of history's most noble, courageous, handsomely handsome, witty, tall, and handsome figures: Abraham "The Liberator" Lincoln, and Chelsea "The Sweatinator" Dagger. It's a fair comparison,... More  →

Life as an Atheist

@PleasantlyDazed@, if you're too lazy to pick a religion, does that make you an atheist... or a... lazyist? —Sparkitors You might have read the title of this post and gasped. “An atheist!? Oh, the horror!” Or maybe you thought, “What does that even mean?”... More  →
Life as an Atheist

Life According to Ginger: In the First Circle of Hell Week

Hell Week (a.k.a. Dead Week) is upon me. At my school, for some reason, the week before finals is worse than finals themselves, and I’m really feeling it right now. I’m completely swamped with homework—I won’t even go into the list of everything I have... More  →
Life According to Ginger: In the First Circle of Hell Week

Names For Our Dream Restaurant

By Lauren PassellDecember 10, 2010
We've been meaning to open up a restaurant for a long time. All we need is the perfect restaurant name, and it's all smooth sailing from there, right? Here's what we've come up with so far: Penny For Your Tots. Special deal! Buy 100 tots for... More  →
Names For Our Dream Restaurant

Stocking Stuffer FAILs

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 9, 2010
The stocking is the amuse-bouche of Christmas Day. It should prep your palate, keep you occupied until the main event, and set the tone for the big reveal. Sadly, the stocking is often overlooked until a last-minute trip to Walgreen's. Don't be afraid... More  →
Stocking Stuffer FAILs

Ask Kat: To GRE, Or Not to GRE?

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 9, 2010
She wants an office job. Her parents want her to go to grad school. What should she do? Step 1: ask Kat for advice. —Sparkitors Kat, I am a 23 year-old super-senior who will graduate from college in May, asking for your help. I have always been... More  →
Ask Kat: To GRE, Or Not to GRE?

In Defense of Chemistry Class

By ContributorDecember 9, 2010
minipinkelephant MADE this flubber. We thought only rocket scientists knew how to make flubber. We also failed Chemistry class, but that's beside the point.—Sparkitors I just read MademoiselleCoccinelle's post about why Chemistry Class is terrible,... More  →

The Think Tank

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 9, 2010
Be warned, Sparklers: this week's Think Tank is going to push you to your limits. It's going to get inside your head, build a three-level house, and set up a foos-ball table in the garage. It's going to explode your brain, and then explode the... More  →

A Day in the Life of a Teenage Girl in the Hospital

By ContributorDecember 9, 2010
xxblueeyesxx595 may be stuck in the hospital, but there's nothing wrong with her funny bone! (Yes, we really just made that joke.)—Sparkitors I developed Ulcerative Colitis when I was thirteen, and recently, my... More  →