Skip over navigation

Application Essay: Terrible Twilight

By Miss MarmNovember 8, 2010
Miss_Legit has a legit gripe with Twilight, and she doesn't care who knows it.

Question: Identify a significant global problem, issue or event which has appeared recently in major newspapers and about which you feel strongly.

... More  →
Application Essay: Terrible Twilight

14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

By Lauren PassellNovember 8, 2010
In a perfect world, you would be able to eat whatever you want in front of your crush (or anyone you're trying to impress) without worries of being judged or projectile vomiting into his front pocket. But let's get real: Raisins look like rabbit poop,... More  →
14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

How to Survive Gym Class Dodgeball

By ContributorNovember 8, 2010
ez30yankee's tips just  might save your life—or at least your pride—next time dodgeball rears its ugly head. —Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, gym class is a hell designed especially with you in mind. It's... More  →

Megan's Life Lessons: How to Get an A in Chemistry

By Megan PrietzelNovember 8, 2010
We can't figure out if we feel light-headed because we've been laughing so hard at the second installment of jedimastermegan's new series, or because we just built a bleach volcano and lit that sucker up. —Sparkitors Chemistry is hard because it involves chemicals. Chemicals... More  →

Application Essay: I Am an American

By Miss MarmNovember 5, 2010
Ri's college essay grabbed my attention right from the first sentence. Does it have the same effect on you?

I am an American. I eat apple pie, watch baseball, and participate in every American holiday from Thanksgiving to the 4th

... More  →
Application Essay: I Am an American

Application to Be My BF/GF

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 5, 2010
People who want to drive a car or go to college have to fill out lengthy applications, but any jerkface can become an S.O. without so much as a pop quiz. It's about time we fixed that.

APPLICATION TO BE MY S.O.

Full... More  →
Application to Be My BF/GF

Blogging My First Day of NaNoWriMo

By ContributorNovember 4, 2010
mercuryhatter might just be the next Hemingway—if she can stay awake long enough to finish her novel.—Sparkitors Thanks to this post by Coffinmaker and this one by cupcakemichi, I'm sure a lot of you have... More  →

Application Essay: Taking a Stand

By Miss MarmNovember 4, 2010
Sparkler Frankie is a talented writer with strong opinions. Check out the essay he's planning to submit to colleges.

Prompt: In our history various people have taken stands against injustice, often at great personal risk. Have you ever taken a stand against

... More  →
Application Essay: Taking a Stand

Sleeping Til 10 and Drinking Macchiattos: My Life as a Homeschooler

mwstacey shares his unique homeschooling experience—and we're pretty sure it's gonna make you green with envy. —Sparkitors When you're a homeschooler like me, your life is different from that of the average high school student. My choice of friends is... More  →

10 More Things You Should Know About Me, the Girl Under the Veil

muslimah8160 is back to answer all your questions on what it means to wear the veil. –Sparkitors First, I want to thank you guys for all the comments you made on my last post. Since it seems like I raised even more questions... More  →
10 More Things You Should Know About Me, the Girl Under the Veil