Search Menu
Menu

Five Unusual (and Unusually Awesome) Bands

By ContributorJanuary 31, 2012
Metalhead865 introduces you to some of the best alternative music out there—and his choices are SPOT-ON. (Except for Korn. We just can't get behind that one.)—Sparkitors If you're a Sparkler, chances are you're nowhere near what society would consider... More  →
Five Unusual (and Unusually Awesome) Bands

Buried Alive: A True Story (Maybe)

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 30, 2012
Did you butts know that there was an entire MOVIE based off the premise of last week's prompt? Yessiree, it's true: Ryan Reynolds and his handsome abs won critical acclaim for Buried, in which he stars as a man trapped in... More  →
Buried Alive: A True Story (Maybe)

Indie-esque Lurve Songs

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 30, 2012
If Pixie_rae31's indie-esque love song mix doesn't make you go "awwww" at least once, you are not a human being. You are a robot, how happens to listen to music. Or you should just listen to the song again and make cute noises. 1.More  →
Indie-esque Lurve Songs

Who Was Your Best-Dressed at the SAG Awards?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 30, 2012
The Screen Actors Guild Awards were last night and I MISSED THEM; I couldn't get my homemade television set to work, which was a great disappointment, especially considering that I spent upwards of 3 dollars on the marshmallow antennas ALONE. Thankfully, we live in the... More  →
Who Was Your Best-Dressed at the SAG Awards?

8 Reasons You Need to Start Swimming Today

By ContributorJanuary 30, 2012
Love working out, but hate sweating? This Sparkler has the sport for you. —Sparkitors There are only two things that can get me up at the crack of dawn. And since Black Friday is over, I guess I’ll talk about the other: swim practice. Competitive swimming... More  →
8 Reasons You Need to Start Swimming Today

Annoying Corrections (That Are Not Correct)

By Jon_SkindzierJanuary 27, 2012
Sometimes people really do have good intentions when they correct you. "But those aren't honeybees, they're killer bees!" would be a helpful clarification for someone to make if you had just boasted that you can eat the most bees. Often, though, people just... More  →
Annoying Corrections (That Are Not Correct)

Movie Sequels We'd Like to See

By Josh PeriloJanuary 27, 2012
Some movies are so good, we just can’t get enough the first time around. True, there’s a Hollywood history of terrible sequels, but think of all the possibilities left after those ending credits roll. Well, we’ve decided to indulge our fantasies and come up with... More  →
Movie Sequels We'd Like to See

The Russian Accent Brigade

By ContributorJanuary 27, 2012
Talie is back with another week of bucket-listing. AND she doesn't go back to school til April. What's up with that?! —Sparkitors Yet another week has passed. Another week of me counting the days until I return for my second semester of college (you... More  →
The Russian Accent Brigade

Our First Ever Epic Movie Trailer Round-Up (AKA Your New Favorite Way to Waste Time on Fridays)

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 27, 2012
One of our most cherished pastimes here at the SparkLife office is devising various ways to make the workday go faster. It's not that we don't LURVE our jobs—after all, Harry Potter lives in our coffee machine and there's a bottomless bucket of nachos in... More  →
Our First Ever Epic Movie Trailer Round-Up (AKA Your New Favorite Way to Waste Time on Fridays)

How to Write a Secret Admirer Note and Not Sound Like a Stalker.

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 27, 2012
So you like someone and you wanna tell them—but you're desperately afraid of rejection? Cue the SECRET ADMIRER NOTE. Normally, we'd be all: have no fear! You're smart and funny and awesomesauce! This person would be lucky to have you! But you don't always have... More  →
How to Write a Secret Admirer Note and Not Sound Like a Stalker.