Search Menu
Menu

How to Make Your Camp Experience Rock Harder Than Quartz

By ContributorJune 8, 2012
Summer’s a great time of year. There’s no school, there’s a vacation or three, and there’s my birthday (July 26th if anyone wants to give me presents). But by far my favorite summer activity is camp. I started off doing Vacation Bible School, then I moved... More  →
How to Make Your Camp Experience Rock Harder Than Quartz

20 Ways To Tell If The Lake Is Too Dirty To Swim In

By Janet ManleyJune 8, 2012
The temperatures are rising, and you and your friends are getting randy for a dip in an unattended weir or bog out in the forest or down the back of someone's farm. There are dirt-bergs floating in the lake, to be sure, but you think... More  →
20 Ways To Tell If The Lake Is Too Dirty To Swim In

How to Have a Really Awesome Road Trip

By ElodieJune 8, 2012
Road trips, much like going to Disney World or drinking juice with a bendy straw, are just something everyone should do at least once in their life. And if you're going to have the quintessential experience, there are a few key ingredients every road trip... More  →
How to Have a Really Awesome Road Trip

Do You Support Slutty Wednesday?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 8, 2012
Hundred of students at Stuyvesant High School in New York City recently took a stand in a protest they're calling "Slutty Wednesday." Why? Students are saying the dress code is too strict, especially now that it's summer and they need to beat the heat. Students... More  →
Do You Support Slutty Wednesday?

Current Events: Corruption in Campaigning

By ContributorJune 8, 2012
Let’s start with something I know we all have experience with: politicians who can’t keep their hockey sticks out of the goals, if you know what I mean. Think wiener—Congressman Anthony Weiner, of course. Actually, think Edwards. John Edwards, the 2004 Democratic vice-presidential nominee, just... More  →
Current Events: Corruption in Campaigning

Singing Russian Grandmas!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 8, 2012
This is perhaps the most adorable thing we have ever seen a group of elderly people do. This group, called Buranovskiye Babushki (loosely translated, this means something about grandmas), represented Russia in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest. They sang "Party for Everybody," and even though... More  →
Singing Russian Grandmas!

The How-to Guide to Being Yourself

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 7, 2012
The Internet is full of how-to guides, and we love that. But today, thanks to Jezebel, we learned about a new how-to trend we didn't know existed: girls' guides for how to be, well, everything. Most of you Sparklers are probably familiar with... More  →
The How-to Guide to Being Yourself

Why Was This Student Denied His Diploma?

In what is perhaps the silliest school decision we've ever heard, high school senior and would-be graduate Anthony Cornist was denied his diploma because of too much cheering at graduation. If you ask us, there are two main problems with this situation. First, it's not... More  →
Why Was This Student Denied His Diploma?

Where Do You Stand in the Battle of "Hopefully"?

By Brandon SpecktorJune 7, 2012
If you're a word nerd, you may have read that the Associated Press Stylebook just announced its new rules and revisions for 2012. Among vastly updated sections on fashion and social media (yep, Facebook is official) one change in particular has sparked a weirdly... More  →
Where Do You Stand in the Battle of "Hopefully"?

Who Was Best Dressed at the CMT Awards?

All of country music's best and brightest turned up last night for the 2012 CMT Awards. And since you know we can't resist the chance to look at pretty sparkly dresses, we made a slideshow of all the hottest looks of the night. AND there's not one insult to country music. More  →
Who Was Best Dressed at the CMT Awards?