Skip over navigation

The SparkNotes Scoop: What Do Sparkitors DO All Day?

By Chelsea DaggerMay 10, 2010
Finally, it’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for with bated breath and sweaty hands: Dan Bergstein is going to pick his forever buddy, and it’s going to be one of YOU. Just kidding. It’s something even better: the first installment of our new series,... More  →
The SparkNotes Scoop: What Do Sparkitors DO All Day?

Why Don't You LOOOVE MEEE: What to Do if You Forgot About Mother's Day

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 10, 2010
If you haven't watched television, listened to the radio, walked past a restaurant, collected the mail, been inside a mall, or interacted with human society since March, you might have missed the fact that yesterday was Mother's Day. I bet you don't even remember that... More  →
Why Don't You LOOOVE MEEE: What to Do if You Forgot About Mother's Day

What It's Like to Live In...Rural Pennsylvania

By ContributorMay 7, 2010
If we ever leave Brooklyn, we're moving to rural PA and making feliciatmc take us to the county fair. —Sparkitors Living in rural PA is a little like living in New England, a little like living in the South, and a WHOLE LOT like... More  →
What It's Like to Live In...Rural Pennsylvania

SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Ghostbusters

By Dan_BergsteinMay 6, 2010
Welcome back to the SparkNotes Movie Club. To our new readers, this is how it works: At the beginning of each month, we’ll announce a film. Then you’ll have a few weeks to watch the film, or better yet, watch along with me as I... More  →
SparkNotes Movie Club Presents: Ghostbusters

The Three Types of Fangirls

By ContributorMay 6, 2010
ZOMGGGGGG!!!! WE ARE SOOOO ON TEAM crunchy_apples!!! If you're not, something bad will happen to you. REALLY. We're getting "crunchy apples" tattooed on our butt cheeks! WE ARE! —SparkNotes editors We’ve all seen and encountered fangirls before. We all know that fangirls can be... More  →
The Three Types of Fangirls

A Guide to Inventing Words

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 6, 2010
Contributing new words to the English language is the hallmark of great writers and rappers alike. Shakespeare himself is credited with introducing words like "eyeballs" and "puking," while Lil Wayne blessed us with the word "bling." Every creative writer or aspiring rap star will find herself,... More  →
A Guide to Inventing Words

Guide for New Fiction Writers

By ContributorMay 5, 2010
Just in case you end up wondering, GirlWhoWrites did not send us a cupcake with this submission. —SparkNotes editors I love writing fiction, and I'm pretty sure other Sparklers do, too. But younger Sparklers or those who've never tried to write fiction... More  →
 Guide for New Fiction Writers

My Crush is a (Hotter) Sci Fi Hero

By ContributorMay 5, 2010
Sparkler thereal_Ang wrote this post around the same time romancingvulcans wrote a post on the same topic. Everyone loves Han Solo, but beyond him, these two Sparkler authors have very different alien crushes. Which ones do you like the best? —SparkNotes... More  →
My Crush is a (Hotter) Sci Fi Hero

Stock Characters At Your Local Convenience Store

By Jon_SkindzierMay 5, 2010
Convenience stores have a unique business philosophy, which is basically to charge 50 bucks for milk because they're located right there, wherever "right there" is for you, because store owners know that walking too much makes everyone grumpy. As such, convenience stores are often full... More  →
Stock Characters At Your Local Convenience Store

May Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinMay 5, 2010
Excitement is everywhere as the school year winds down. What will May bring? Will you jump-start a summer fling? Will you complain that your school is too warm? How will people react to your new walking stride? The answers, and our accurate predictions, await. Aries (March... More  →
May Horoscopes