Skip over navigation

Does Cheating on Your SATs Make You a Criminal?

By ContributorDecember 8, 2011
Cheating on your SATs is serious business, but in this controversial case, dianamer994 thinks the punishment doesn't fit the crime.—Sparkitors As you may or may not have heard, Sparklers, 11 teens were recently charged... More  →
Does Cheating on Your SATs Make You a Criminal?

Ask Jono: How To Girlfriend

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 8, 2011
Dear Jono, You are amazing and I love your posts. Anyway, I'm panicking because I have no idea how to do the whole relationship thing,  or how to initiate hanging out with my boyfriend (who I've been with for 2 weeks) and things. Basically, how do... More  →
Ask Jono: How To Girlfriend

What's Inside These Ginormous Black Holes?

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 7, 2011
Did you hear? Scientists have discovered something wild: the biggest black holes EVER! They're lurking out in space—giant, gaping, sucking maws of gravitational force from which not even light can escape. It's weird! It's mysterious! And if we think about it too much, we g More  →
What's Inside These Ginormous Black Holes?

What It's Like to Live With a French Family

By ContributorDecember 7, 2011
Is it creepy if we hope ginger00416 marries her host brother someday? —Sparkitors If you're a high school kid studying abroad, whether you go to Asia, Europe, Africa, or Antarctica, you will probably have to take up residence with a host family (although in Antarctic, your... More  →
What It's Like to Live With a French Family

A Pocketful of Strange Fun

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 7, 2011
AloneApart's title hooked us in on this playlist—who wouldn't want a pocketful of strange fun? (Even if it does sound slightly...dirty.) Admit it, you want some. "A Thing For Me" by Metronomy "Electric Feel" by MGMT "Id Enager" by Of Montreal... More  →
A Pocketful of Strange Fun

The Pros and Cons of Being a Competitive Cyclist

Considering we can hardly even ride a bike, we're in awe of this Sparkler! —Sparkitors I’m a cyclist, and I love what I do. I love bombing down a long descent with sweeping turns, reaching speeds higher than most cars do on the same road. I... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being a Competitive Cyclist

Harry Potter Fan Fiction: Where Do You Draw the Line Between Barfy and Brilliant?

Tegan fights back over the flagrant misuse of the sacred Potter name.—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, I've had a pretty good week so far. On Monday I got an A in a French test. On Tuesday, I finished writing a short story that's been haunting me... More  →
Harry Potter Fan Fiction: Where Do You Draw the Line Between Barfy and Brilliant?

A Categorical Guide to Library Fashion

travelwriter21 reports from the frontlines of Finals week fashion—and guys, it is a bleak scene.—Sparkitors With finals quickly approaching, I’ve spent a lot of time trapped in the library by the forces of my own procrastination. (“May I go... More  →
A Categorical Guide to Library Fashion

Flyergirl Takes On Google's How-Tos

flyergirl13 has decided to tackle some of the most-asked questions of all time—and she's starting with the A list.—Sparkitors In my last post,  I wrote a helpful guide to the most-searched Google how-to question: How To Tie a Tie. Then, I... More  →
Flyergirl Takes On Google's How-Tos

15 Things You Can Do When Your Roommate Goes Home for the Weekend

By ElodieDecember 7, 2011
Maybe you're best friends with your roommate, or maybe you're planning to smother them in their sleep and just need to pick out the perfect pillow. Either way, there's something curiously liberating about having the dorm room to yourself when they go home for the... More  →
15 Things You Can Do When Your Roommate Goes Home for the Weekend