Skip over navigation

Live! From the Homecoming Red Carpet

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 29, 2010
Thanks for joining me for our special edition of Live! From the Red Carpet. We’re outside Niles West High School in Skokie, Illinois, and the crowds of teenagers, their dates, and their emotional baggage are starting to pour in. Emerging from vehicles that range from... More  →
Live! From the Homecoming Red Carpet

Life According to Ginger: Dorm Tour

By ContributorSeptember 29, 2010
We lived in a triple during our freshman year, too. Three girls, three beds, one room, countless renditions of "My Bologna Has a First Name." —Sparkitors Dorm rooms, as a general rule, are all exactly the same and look like prison cells. Unless you make them... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Dorm Tour

How To Take Arty Self-Portraits

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 28, 2010
Whether it's for a yearbook photo or as a Facebook expression of your inner artistry, many of you will want to demonstrate your creativity with arty photos of yourselves. This is normal. Be careful, though; today's clever idea is tomorrow's embarrassment. Here are some approaches... More  →
How To Take Arty Self-Portraits

What To Do When the Electricity Goes Out

By ContributorSeptember 28, 2010
JimSauce, we can't wait to put your ideas to use next time there's a massive power outage in New York city! —Sparkitors Imagine this scenario: It's Saturday, the skies are clear, and in ten minutes you're going to play horseball at the park... More  →
What To Do When the Electricity Goes Out

A Day in the Life of a Theater Techie

Banaynays1295, are you sure you're not a carpenter? Your job sounds ROUGH.—Sparkitors

For most people, going to the theater means getting dressed up and watching a play for two hours. Theater-goers may even comment “Cool! I... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Theater Techie

How to Be Awesome: Staying Up Late Edition

jgrudzy is officially too cool for us. —Sparkitors Weekends are great. Only weirdos don't like weekends. And one of the most important, epic weekend traditions is pulling all-nighters. In fact, I am pulling an all-nighter as I write this. It's pretty much a necessary... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Staying Up Late Edition

Blogging My Sadie Hawkins Fail

We can totally relate, Mrs_Darcy_Please; it took us three months to work up the courage to ask Austin Pace to the Snowball dance in 11th grade, and when the time finally came, we said, "You're stupid. Dumb. Butt. Dance me?" (That was meant... More  →
Blogging My Sadie Hawkins Fail

Creative Ways to Ask Someone to Homecoming

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 27, 2010
You know that tapping your crush on the shoulder and mumbling, "So, you wanna, um, go to that thing or whatever?" just isn't going to cut it. But you're shy! And scared! And the combination: scyred! Before you resort to shady Facebook stalketry (or shadier... More  →
Creative Ways to Ask Someone to Homecoming

The Dictionary of Southernisms

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2010
We realllllly want to hear LilMissSunshine7's adorable accent! —Sparkitors When I've asked people what they think the stereotypical Southerner is like, I've gotten answers ranging from “drunken, trigger-happy, uneducated, and racist” to “polite, well-mannered, and rich.” Honestly, the South is a mix of... More  →
The Dictionary of Southernisms

People-Watching at a Company Picnic

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2010
11ksande, you totally NAILED "The Guy Who Stands By The Food." Er, we mean, thank you for this stunningly accurate portrayal of a rarely-seen social hierarchy. —Sparkitors Company picnics are normally quite painful. On the... More  →
People-Watching at a Company Picnic