Skip over navigation

My Most Embarrassing Moments: A Countdown—Numero 4

By ContributorOctober 6, 2010
Remember last week, when thenameselodie kicked off her Embarrassing Moments series with a quick trip down Humiliation Lane? Well, it's about to get worse. Elodie, if we weren't laughing so hard, we'd probably feel terrible for you.... More  →
My Most Embarrassing Moments: A Countdown—Numero 4

How to Give Your Bedroom a Makeover

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 6, 2010
Your bedroom is your castle, your lair, your citadel, your city on a hill, your own personal interior decorating nightmare. Every teen struggles with the question, "How do I make my room the coolest expression of myself?" Is it by filling it with some Ikea... More  →
How to Give Your Bedroom a Makeover

Kathryn's High School Life

By Kathryn_WilliamsOctober 6, 2010
The Sploggers are telling us their high school stories. We want this series to go on forever. —Sparkitors Were you funny? If you had asked me, definitely. If you had asked my friends and family, probably not. My humor has always leaned heavily on sarcasm. If... More  →
Kathryn's High School Life

October Horror-Scopes

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 6, 2010
This is the month of evil and dread, when nightmarish ghouls roam the land looking for souls and fun-sized candy bars. Should you lock your doors and hide under the bed, or should you march forth into the damp spooky night? Only we have the... More  →
October Horror-Scopes

Why Life is Better with a Car

By ContributorOctober 5, 2010

miki-the-rainbow, you've got a dangerous mind. And we dig that about you. —Sparkitors

Ah, cars: those giant, gas-guzzling machines that are slowly killing our planet. I can't WAIT until I'm old enough to drive one!... More  →

Why Life is Better with a Car

My Crush is a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Character

We've never seen an episode of Buffy, TeenAuthorsForTheWin, but now we're totally sold! Netflix, here we come. —Sparkitors I used to be one of those poor saps who had only heard of Buffy the Vampire Slayer; I just assumed it was the... More  →
My Crush is a

My Quest to Become the Ultimate Photographer

Kolizzle, you're an artistic genius in the making! —Sparkitors If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I'm incredibly passionate about photography. I love looking at the pictures on every Open Thread, I use my free time to scroll through... More  →
My Quest to Become the Ultimate Photographer

Fear, Loathing, and Cell Reception: How to Make a Tough Phone Call

By Melissa AlbertOctober 5, 2010
Your phone can do just about anything: it can text, it can record embarrassing videos of your friends eating chili fries, and it can even hold down your papers in a strong wind. But one thing it can't do? Help you make scary calls. If... More  →
Fear, Loathing, and Cell Reception: How to Make a Tough Phone Call

Ashley's High School Life

By Ashley SpencerOctober 5, 2010
We asked the Sploggers to tell us what they were like in high school. Their answers are funny, upsetting, and sometimes cramp-inducing. Today's featured Splogger: Ashley "Bathrobe" Spencer. —Sparkitors Were you funny? I definitely thought I was funny, and considered myself the class clown. I went... More  →
Ashley's High School Life

How to Be Awesome: Writer's Block Edition

Ooh, what about outlining the outline of your outline? Wait, no, never mind. Just listen to jgrudzy. —Sparkitors Writer's block: that epic tragedy suffered by the creative since the days of cavemen and sidewalk chalk. Easy to get stuck with and hard to overcome,... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Writer's Block Edition