Skip over navigation

Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Understand Body Language

By ContributorJanuary 10, 2011
flyergirl13 may have just clued us in to why our crush always stands 13 feet away. Now it all makes sense...—Sparkitors People use body language all the time; whether your friend is waving his hands in a "that raccoon... More  →
Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Understand Body Language

Confessions of a Deaf Teenager

By ContributorJanuary 10, 2011
TheatreGirl13 gives you the low-down on deafness.—Sparkitors There's always that one weird kid at school, right? It may be the tech dork, or the Star Wars nerd, or the art geek. Well, I happen to be a theater kid,... More  →
Confessions of a Deaf Teenager

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Surviving Winter Break

By ContributorJanuary 7, 2011
The monotonous tick-tock of the clock marks the remaining seconds as you rush to finish the last eloquent sentence of that tedious last essay on your final final exam. You dot the last period, dramatically close your exam booklet, triumphantly hand your work to the... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Surviving Winter Break

What's Your Spirit Animal?

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 7, 2011
Oh, hey there, friend. What with these clouds of patchouli incense and all these musty hand-woven wall hangings, I almost didn't see you there. But please, enter, and welcome to my Enclave of Peace and Understand-ery (TM). Whoa—I'm feeling some really strong vibes coming from you.... More  →
What's Your Spirit Animal?

How to Talk Like a Bay Area Native

ladybug8893 wants to help you go incognito as a real live San Franciscan. Are we saying that right? –Sparkitors In case you didn’t know, the San Francisco Bay Area is the COOLEST PLACE IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Amazing food, spunky culture, our own musical movement,... More  →
How to Talk Like a Bay Area Native

8 Reasons Long Nails Are a Bad Idea

Anggik asks that you pick up some nail clippers and stop the madness. –Sparkitors There are a lot of reasons you should keep your nails clipped, filed, and out of your way, but the most important ones have got to be: 1. There are only... More  →
8 Reasons Long Nails Are a Bad Idea

How to Make Killer Spaghetti Bolognese

We hereby invite SocksAreFun over for dinner. But we're not doing the cookin'. —Sparkitors Spag Bol is the food of the pasta Gods. Its a miracle dish. You know why? Because it tastes awesome the day after you cooked it, after sitting in the... More  →
How to Make Killer Spaghetti Bolognese

Life According to Ginger: Some Assistance, Please

Happy Post-Holiday daze! I hope you are all well rested (or not, depending on how you like your New Year’s Eves), well fed (or not, depending on your New Year's resolutions), and ready to get back to school (or not, depending on how long your... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Some Assistance, Please

Why I Want an Internship at SparkNotes

Awesomesauce, with a capital "A"?! McKenzie_Me, You might wanna check with our intern jgrudzy on that one—that is, if we ever let her take a break from her work. —Sparkitors I’ve been reading through a lot of SparkLife articles and have been surprised that... More  →
Why I Want an Internship at SparkNotes

10 Reasons to Despise Brussels Sprouts

mara1d is a genius for coming up with "troll boogers." —Sparkitors It all started on Thanksgiving when I was 7 years old. My great Aunt Luanne had brought a huge bowl of Brussels sprouts, which I had never tried before. When she heard... More  →
10 Reasons to Despise Brussels Sprouts