Skip over navigation

The CORRECT Way To Eat An Oreo

By ContributorNovember 1, 2010

flyergirl13 is a one of the greatest philosophical minds of our time. Socrates ain't got nothin' on her.—Sparkitors

Today's specimen is a micro-organism so small that you can only fit approximately twelve in one hand at once (yes, I have tried this). It

... More  →

How to Spend Money Like Nobody's Business

Your tips are good, lia.lovegood, but you could also just buy this bridge we’ve been meaning to get off our hands. It’s really pretty, and it’s in Brooklyn. –Sparkitors I'm not the best at managing my finances. Even spelling the word “finances”... More  →
How to Spend Money Like Nobody's Business

Blogging My Boy Diet

Stay strong, Talie! You never know when a Broadway-obsessed Mankler is just around the next corner… Sparkitors My story began my junior year of high school. *cue flashback music* I was absolutely crazy—to the point of stalker and beyond—about a guy with flaming red hair.... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet

Application Essay: Dad's the One She Loves the Most

By Miss MarmNovember 1, 2010
If this whole Miss Marm thing falls through, I'm going to start a new career as a college admissions officer. It's so fun to read intensely personal essays, like this one by Stefanie.

Dad's the One She Loves the Most

More  →
Application Essay: Dad's the One She Loves the Most

Life According to Ginger: Fall Break Realizations

By ContributorOctober 29, 2010
I’ve decided that I like my college. Yes, I know I should have decided this a long time ago. Yes, I know I probably should have thought of that before I gave them all my money. And maybe I should have expressed my (insignificant) doubts... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Fall Break Realizations

The Five Most Dangerous Halloween Costumes

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 29, 2010
Your costume seemed so original and awesome. But when you get to the party, you realize that you've neglected to cut holes in your full-body lampshade ensemble, and are therefore unable to hydrate—or catch yourself when you trip while dancing to Bieber remixes. Before you... More  →
The Five Most Dangerous Halloween Costumes

Why Sparklers Will Survive the Apocalypse

You make a strong case, aditrs. You will be captain of the Mankler moon brigade. –Sparkitors With all the wars, overpopulation issues, and earthbound meteors threatening our world today, apocalypse seems inevitable. One of these days, the United Nations is going to have to... More  →
Why Sparklers Will Survive the Apocalypse

Application Essay: Musings Inspired By Simplicity

By Miss MarmOctober 29, 2010
We're reading college application essays here on the Miss Marm blog, and today we've got a occulted doozy by Nita.

Musings Inspired by Simplicity

Sunday morning. The gnomon is already halfway through its day’s journey as I steer... More  →

Application Essay: Musings Inspired By Simplicity

Hanging Out with Jazzy: What Makes a Date a DATE?

What if you're wearing a dress and you get in an elevator with someone, villanous_mwaha? Is that a date? Your explanations have only raised more questions! –Sparkitors I’ve been very busy since I last posted on SparkNotes. I’ve gained and lost a boyfriend, I've... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: What Makes a Date a DATE?