Skip over navigation

Awesome Person of the Week

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011
aleaffallsonloneliness wants to introduce you to the raddest redhead around; check her out!—Sparkitors Florence + the Machine is a fantastic band with an incredibly talented frontwoman named Florence Welch. I hope people don’t write her off as... More  →
Awesome Person of the Week

Open Thread for January 24

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2011
We're officially declaring today a national holiday, Sparkleheads. Why? Because it's Chelsea Dagger's sister's BIRTHDAY! She's turning the big 2-0, and since she's the most brilliant (5x smarter than Hermione Granger), talented (she can sing like the WIND), and beautiful (gorgeous red hair? killer blue... More  →
Open Thread for January 24

18 (Mostly) Untested Ways to Get Over the Flu

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 21, 2011
As a survivor of the Great Swine Epidemic of 2009, I have been there and done that when it comes to trying stupid things to shake the icky, stomach-churning, limp-limbed snot fest that is the flu. Desperate times call for desperate... More  →
18 (Mostly) Untested Ways to Get Over the Flu

A Day in the Life of a Hospital Patient

By ContributorJanuary 21, 2011
Stupid_Nickel trades real food and decent sleep for a veritable parade of babies and hot nurses. Good deal?  –Sparkitors Hi there! After reading this post, I thought to myself, "Hey, I was just in the hospital a little while ago for jaw surgery!... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Hospital Patient

A Day in the Life of a Dancer on School Break

Yadayadayada, just reading this makes us sweat. —Sparkitors This is my average Saturday: 6 a.m.: My alarm clock, which I forgot to reset for school break, goes off. Unlike some Sparklers, I never click the snooze button... mostly because there isn't one (gasp). Instead, I... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Dancer on School Break

10 Things I Learned at the Aquarium

MMflowers' post makes us want to go SCUBA diving reallllll bad. —Sparkitors I just went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in California with my cousins, because nothing screams "winter activity" like going to the aquarium. Anyway, here are some things I learned: 1. If... More  →
10 Things I Learned at the Aquarium

Four Epic (and Insane) Ways to Reject Someone Kindly

CaféSuave is a connoisseur of the crazy. We're asking her out just to see what happens! –Sparkitors So this Harry Potter-hater who can’t even tell the difference between Gandalf and Dumbledore just asked you out, or implied that he or she likes you as... More  →
Four Epic (and Insane) Ways to Reject Someone Kindly

How to Keep Your Little Bro/Sis Out of Your Room

By Rachel KorowitzJanuary 21, 2011
Little brothers and sisters have their rockstar moments, but when they're rooting though your closet, commandeering your computer, stealing your iPod, repeating stuff you thought you said in private, and generally messing with your life, it's hard to remember why you haven't drop-kicked them into... More  →
How to Keep Your Little Bro/Sis Out of Your Room

Blogging My Boy Diet: Crushing in the Dingiest of Places

Oh Talie, we love your boy diet, but even we have to admit Drummer Boy sounds dreamy. —Sparkitors Sparklers, why do I do this to myself? WHY??? Just when I'm thinking, "Oh, hey. They boy diet is going AWESOME. No temptation here." BAM. It happens. Well, more... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: Crushing in the Dingiest of Places

Ten Reasons Bacon Is Overrated

Professed bacon-enjoyer sgtpepper191 put aside her plate of pig to play devil’s advocate. Will she convince you? –Sparkitors Recently, the Sparkitors issued a challenge to the Sparklers to come up with ten reasons bacon is overrated. Now, I like bacon as... More  →
Ten Reasons Bacon Is Overrated