Skip over navigation

Confessions of a College Matchmaker: How to Find a Good Matchmaker

By ContributorDecember 21, 2010
It's time for finals here on campus! And that means even if you were sitting across from a wet, shirtless Abercrombie and Fitch model in the library, you’d be too busy studying for your Art History final to care. Plus, this week it finally hit... More  →
Confessions of a College Matchmaker: How to Find a Good Matchmaker

What To Give To the Friend Who's Got Everything

Having trouble shopping for the pal who's got it all? JimSauce can help.—Sparkitors We all have that friend, right? You know the one: his parents invented those animal-shaped rubber band bracelets and are now gazillionaires,... More  →
What To Give To the Friend Who's Got Everything

A Day in the Life of a Jewish High School Student

trekkie-bookie has so much going on it makes our elbows tired, and she's learning Hebrew to boot. –Sparkitors Unlike lanzoscrublet, who attended a school strictly for Orthodox Jewish students, I'm a student at a pluralistic Jewish day school. That means that I have... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Jewish High School Student

Words We Want to Make Happen Before 2010 Ends

By Lauren PassellDecember 21, 2010
Start using 'em now, time's running out! Emberrorist—a person who radically embarrasses others. I knew Aunt Peggy was an emberrorist when she showed up to my college dorm party with naked pictures of me playing in the tub when I was 2. Espacular—something especially spectacular Twenty pounds of... More  →
Words We Want to Make Happen Before 2010 Ends

My Crush Is...A Guy Who Died Years Ago

Converse96 likes dead guys. You think we're kidding, but we're not.—Sparkitors After reading through tons of My Crush posts, I've come to the conclusion that we're in desperate need of a post about the military, literary,... More  →
My Crush Is...A Guy Who Died Years Ago

8 Reasons Brussels Sprouts Are Awesome

TheEpicNinjaOfEpicness has been reading our weirdly pro-Brussels sprouts diary. But she's so funny that we're not even mad! –Sparkitors Having witnessed the totally epic Tomato Soup Battle of 2010, I respect the undeniable power of food arguments. And I realized something: one of... More  →
8 Reasons Brussels Sprouts Are Awesome

Flyergirl13 Tells You How...To Procrastinate Effectively

flyergirl13 is a master of procrastination—and you can be too!—Sparkitors Procrastination is a fact of life. It's like secretly snacking on chocolate chips—we all do it, but no one will admit it. Procrastination is going to happen, no matter... More  →
Flyergirl13 Tells You How...To Procrastinate Effectively

15 Reasons Exams Are AWESOME!

By ContributorDecember 20, 2010
Apocalyn87, designer of the official SparkLife flag, is looking at the bright side, even if the bright side is just a bunch of fluorescent lights with dead flies in them. —Sparkitors I completely agree with the following statement: Exams are awful. That's the social... More  →
15 Reasons Exams Are AWESOME!

NBK in Alberta: On the Pool Prowl

When we left off last week, LunarCircus had just spotted a dreamboat across the room. Find out what happened next in this week's installment of NBK in Alberta! —Sparkitors So where was I? *puts down quadruple-fudge brownie* ...Oh yeah! There I was, sitting in... More  →
NBK in Alberta: On the Pool Prowl

What Your Favorite Emoticon Says About You

prolife795 is about to predict your personality based on your favorite texting symbol. It's like science, only way, way more fun.—Sparkitors I’ve seen a lot of  “What Your Favorite___ Says About You” posts on SparkLife recently, and I wondered... More  →
What Your Favorite Emoticon Says About You