Skip over navigation

Life According to Ginger: Graduation Weekend

By ContributorJune 7, 2010
There was a ninja at Ginger's graduation ceremony! Wowzers! —SparkNotes editors I'm sitting home right now in my pajamas. My makeup is smudged, I smell like hairspray, I have no fewer than seven blisters on my feet from new shoes, and my stomach feels like it's... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Graduation Weekend

Meeting the Parents: How Not to Blow It

By Pete CroattoJune 7, 2010
If you've been dating your significant other for a while, odds are you'll soon be asked to meet his/her parents. Yes, it's a terrifying prospect, but like climbing Mount Everest without oxygen or getting Kristen Stewart's phone number, it can be done. And, amazingly, you can make... More  →
Meeting the Parents: How Not to Blow It

Why Is that Guy Wearing So Much Cologne?

By ContributorJune 7, 2010
Note: do not trying romancing romancingvulcans with romantic AXE body spray. —Sparkitors Every so often—especially as the weather heats up—you'll encounter some guy wearing so much AXE (or some other manly perfume) that wild animals can smell him from hundreds of miles away, and... More  →
Why Is that Guy Wearing So Much Cologne?

New Energy Drinks

By Robert IsenbergJune 7, 2010
Tired of the same old energy drinks? We know the feeling. You open your cooler, and all you find is Monster, Monster, Monster, with a little Jolt thrown in. Consider this eye-popping alternatives: Shazzam: Feeling tired and mopey? No more! Shazzam is 92% caffeine and 106%... More  →
New Energy Drinks

Equestrianisms: Sports Curses

By ContributorJune 4, 2010
equestrienne10 is our resident sports fanatic, and apparently, is also unlucky. Please stay away from the White Sox, equestrienne! —Sparkitors I don’t usually go to Wikipedia for help, but this time, I’m desperate. In the past six months, every team and athlete I follow... More  →
Equestrianisms: Sports Curses

How To Be an Indie Music Snob

Thanks for the insider info, pullingpuzzles! — Sparkitors I'll admit it: I'm a music snob. And because there have been a few articles mocking the indie-music-snob-hipster character, I thought I’d clear some things up about our lifestyle. This is the code I... More  →
How To Be an Indie Music Snob

What It's Like to Travel to...Barranquilla, Colombia

A town where people blare merengue and worship a statue of Shakira? Yes, please! Thanks for making us green with envy, cici_EZ! —Sparkitors As someone born and raised in small-town Canada, I never expected to head south. And I mean waaaay south. Yes, I... More  →
What It's Like to Travel to...Barranquilla, Colombia

How Not to Kiss

By Ashley SpencerJune 4, 2010
In the summertime, the only activity more popular than barbequing burgers is making out with cuties. The warm air, the bonfires, the ferris wheel, the firecrackers—the atmosphere makes everyone want to start their own fireworks and kiss away the summer nights. Even though you’ve seen a... More  →
How Not to Kiss

June Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinJune 3, 2010
June is our favorite month of the year (don’t tell August), but the beginning of summer will not be pleasant for all. Read on to learn if this shall be a month of joy, sadness, or chronic sore throats. Aries (March 21 – April 19) You will... More  →
June Horoscopes

Tips for Surviving Without Parents

By ContributorJune 3, 2010
We're so jealous! Our parents never left us home alone when we were teenagers. Unlike klylxy, we probably would have done something horrible, like emptied out all the sock drawers and opened the bird cage door. The world will never know.... More  →
Tips for Surviving Without Parents