Skip over navigation

What to Buy Your Frenemy for Christmas

By Lauren PassellNovember 30, 2010
Have you made your holiday shopping list yet? Mom? Check. Aunt Bob? Check. Your frenemy? Yes, your frenemy. We don't support inauthenticity, but there are some occasions which require you to compliment someone when you don't mean it, invite someone you don't like to your... More  →
What to Buy Your Frenemy for Christmas

15 Reasons Exams Are Awful

By ContributorNovember 30, 2010
If hating exams was a career, amaryllismoon would be gettin' PAID.—Sparkitors Are you stressed? Do you wake up in the middle of the night, trying to figure out when you fell asleep and what subject you... More  →

Why Cultural Understanding Is Important To Me

TheWeirdWon has an important message about tolerance and cultural understanding to share, and we hope everyone listens!—Sparkitors Today, I was sitting in my Spanish class, just like I do every morning. We were reviewing verb conjugations, and a lot of the class was struggling... More  →

5 Slang Words that Aren't Catching On

By Lucy HutchinsonNovember 30, 2010
It can be hard to keep up with slang. One day, you're all hip with the lingo, the next, everyone is saying "That's so plush!" and you have no idea whether they're talking about stuffed animals or someone's hair. We've collected a few slang terms... More  →
5 Slang Words that Aren't Catching On

My Dan Bergstein FAIL

clumsyisthenewblack had a brush with greatness—sort of.—Sparkitors I'm sure that everyone on Sparklife knows and loves the incredibly awesomesauce Twilight blogger, Dan Bergstein. He's the essence of all that is cool,... More  →

Blogging My Church Choir Practice

By ContributorNovember 29, 2010
grace_return7 has got a gorgeous voice—and she ain't bad with the photocopier, either.—Sparkitors I’m the music librarian at my church, which means I photocopy music (it's completely legal—just don't tell the cops) that Tom, our director, needs,... More  →

Blogging My Boy Diet: Are Girls as Confusing as Guys?

Talie's not a lover... but she is a poet! —Sparkitors There once was a dude named Drummer Boy, And he really liked me (its TRUE), but I wasn't coy, He didn't like that approach, So he ignored me like a cockroach, Then decided to like one of my... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: Are Girls as Confusing as Guys?

Life According to Ginger: The Hipster Phenomenon

The meaning of life: 42. The greatest thing you could ever learn: to love and be loved in return. Definition of a hipster: umm… For those who haven’t heard of them, a hipster is a stereotype of a college student, and nobody seems to... More  →
Life According to Ginger: The Hipster Phenomenon

How to Handle Awkward Questions at Family Gatherings

By Melissa AlbertNovember 29, 2010
It's that time of year again: the time when all your relatives meet at a gas station by your house to devise a list of the worst and most embarrassing questions they could possibly ask you. You're about to be hit  by the sledgehammer of... More  →

15 Reasons Why Baths Are Where It’s At

nycomic56 is blowing the lid off the bath-taking underground. –Sparkitors I’m sorry, but I can’t sit around watching the endless Shower Debate of 2010 while poor old baths have no one to represent them. Has everyone forgotten about baths, the... More  →
15 Reasons Why Baths Are Where It’s At