Skip over navigation

The Future Is Here—and I'm Totally Unprepared

By ContributorJanuary 18, 2011
LadyM is looking ahead, and the view is kinda terrifying.—Sparkitors The above title was selected for brevity’s sake, but a more accurate title might actually be: Reflections of LadyM, a Teenager on the Brink of Adulthood Who is Totally Freaking... More  →
The Future Is Here—and I'm Totally Unprepared

NBK in Alberta: THE DATE

LunarCircus has a scruffy love interest. Curl up with a plate of brownies and read all about it! —Sparkitors Bleurg. These past few days have been a whirlwind-and-a-half of emotion for me, Sparklers. First there were the Facebook messages, then there was the infamous Monday...... More  →
NBK in Alberta: THE DATE

Hilarious Quotes—by Theater Geeks

ladykaty347's collection of  hilarious quotes from the 2010 Colorado State Thespian Conference is further proof that theater geeks are absolutely insane—and we mean that as a compliment.—Sparkitors Theater kids are an interesting breed. We’re pretty weird to start with, but throw us all... More  →
Hilarious Quotes—by Theater Geeks

Depressing Holiday Things That Seemed Awesome Four Weeks Ago

By Lauren PassellJanuary 18, 2011
Christmas—it's crazy. You go from red and green to... blue all over? Sure, the post-holiday season can be depressing. After eating sugar cookies for breakfast and getting presents all day, it's tough to go back to the real world. (We still wake up each morning... More  →
Depressing Holiday Things That Seemed Awesome Four Weeks Ago

Life According to Ginger: Winter Break Lessons

I suppose the title of this post is misleading. I have YET ANOTHER WEEK before school starts, and I learned very little from winter break. Since I don’t plan on doing anything even mildly interesting this week anyway, I think I’ll just sum up my... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Winter Break Lessons

How To Fight Final Exams

i'm_a_walking_contradiction isn't about to let finals win this war. Y'all better go and get your armor.—Sparklers Just last week, my teacher dropped the "F" bomb. That's right, you guessed it: FINALS. In my opinion, finals pretty much annihilate  our right to life,... More  →
How To Fight Final Exams

The Food Challenge: Pickles and Sprinkles

BananaEasy's culinary skillz are about to become the stuff of legend.—Sparkitors I am embarking on a journey. A journey of faith. A journey of courage. A journey of odd supermarket purchases and horrible breath. This. Is. The.... More  →
The Food Challenge: Pickles and Sprinkles

Flyergirl13 Tells You How-To Win MarioKart

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2011
flyergirl takes on a beast we could never master: the video game.—Sparkitors Usually, I can't decide whether or not I like MarioKart. I mean, I love playing it, because I often win—except when I play against my... More  →
Flyergirl13 Tells You How-To Win MarioKart

The Daily Trials of an English Major: The E-Reader Dilemma

By ContributorJanuary 14, 2011
We identify DEEPLY with all of Courtney Guth's posts. Perhaps that's because we're nerdy English majors cool kids.Sparkitors I like to touch things. Ok, I realize that sounds pretty creepy, but just hear me out on this one. I’ve always loved the tangible.... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: The E-Reader Dilemma

I Go To... Samford University

By ContributorJanuary 14, 2011
School: Samford University Location: Birmingham, Alabama Size: About 4,000 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate Type: Private Number of Majors offered: 60-ish. Here’s my spin: Academics: Samford is fairly prestigious in the way of Southern private colleges—one of my Dad's friends calls it the "Ivy League of the South." Ergo, the classes are... More  →
I Go To... Samford University