Skip over navigation

Life According to Ginger: Graduation, Summer, and Robert Louis Stevenson

By ContributorJune 3, 2010
Hey Sparklers, guess what? I bet you can guess. You get three seconds. (3, 2, 1) I'm done with high school! It has ALMOST sunk in. I keep on trying to remember what homework I had in Physics. But I'm pretty sure that the fact that it's... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Graduation, Summer, and Robert Louis Stevenson

How to Be a Diva

By ChrisFauxRealJune 3, 2010
Ever get the feeling that everyone's ignoring you? Well, there's an easy solution: a cupcake cannon. But assuming you can't get ahold of pastry-fueled weaponry, why not attract some attention by gettin' all Mariah Carey up in this joint? Try out a few... More  →
How to Be a Diva

What It's Like to Travel to...Cairo, Egypt

By ContributorJune 3, 2010
Today, we're taking a virtual vacation to Egypt, thanks to Fatema. Sparkitors I was born in Cairo and lived there until I was a year and a half old. My family and I live in the United States now, but every summer we... More  →
What It's Like to Travel to...Cairo, Egypt

How to Swim

By Dan_BergsteinJune 2, 2010
Swimming is the best summer activity. It's relaxing and fun, which is the very definition of summer. But a few poor souls out there never learned how to swim. Perhaps they are afraid of water. Perhaps they had a traumatic experience. Perhaps they’re a witch. Whatever... More  →
How to Swim

Tolerance Is In

By ContributorJune 2, 2010
Sparkler Nandini is a brand new user joining us all the way from India, and we’re so glad she’s a part of the SparkLife family! It takes a lot of guts to speak out about something controversial, and we’re proud to have such... More  →
Tolerance Is In

How to Fend Off Post-Vacation Letdown

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 2, 2010
Oh, is that you, Sparklers? Excuse me, I didn't know we had a date this morning. I was just here, lying on my bathroom floor with snot running from my nose, my eyes swollen shut from ugly crying, listening to my neighbor's dog... More  →
How to Fend Off Post-Vacation Letdown

What It's Like to Travel to... Johannesburg, South Africa

By ContributorJune 2, 2010
Are you stuck working in a sweltering hot restaurant/coffee shop/babysitting venue for the summer? No problem! Your fellow Sparklers are here to help. For the next month, we'll be publishing lots of their tales of life in amazing cities, far-off countries, and secretly cool suburbs.... More  →
What It's Like to Travel to... Johannesburg, South Africa

Top 5 Reasons It's Great to Be a Knurd

By ContributorJune 1, 2010
josie_smartie01 just gave us a sweet tooth. —Sparkitors As a Sparkler, I'm obviously well-versed in all things nerdy. And as far as I'm concerned, nerds ROCK! There are so many things that make us AWESOMELY, WONDERFULLY, AMAZINGLY COOL PEOPLE. For example, we all fantasize... More  →
Top 5 Reasons It's Great to Be a Knurd

A Day in the Life of a Sparkler’s Cat

By ContributorJune 1, 2010
This post is more fiction-y than what we usually publish, but alsailor44 had us LOL-ing our heads off. What else could we do? —Sparkitors I don’t go to school. In fact, I shouldn’t even be able to speak English. But I do. Because I’m... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Sparkler’s Cat

Guide to Watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs

By Ed DemariaJune 1, 2010
Do televised sporting events suck out your soul faster than a Dementor with a name-brand vacuum cleaner? Do the words "hockey playoffs" make you want to use an Unforgivable Curse on the nearest inanimate object? Do ice rinks give you flashbacks to the... More  →
Guide to Watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs