Skip over navigation

Life Lessons from a Bando

By ContributorJune 24, 2011
starkidette, how are you this insightful after just one year as a bando? By the time you're a senior, we suspect you'll be some kind of wizard. –Sparkitors Think of sweat dripping down into your eyes. Think of muddy grass beneath polished black shoes.... More  →
Life Lessons from a Bando

The Sweetest Kiss

By ContributorJune 23, 2011
A short, cute, uplifting story for Crush Week by roseoos! —Sparkitors My first kiss was a little over six months ago. But the story starts long before that. The first day of freshman year I met an amazing boy. He was cute, blond, three inches... More  →
The Sweetest Kiss

What Should This Sparkler Do About Her Crush?

An Anonymous Canadian Sparkler seeks your advice! —Sparkitors So I have a problem… And it has to do with a crush. A small crush, but an important/tricky one all the same. HOWEVER, before we get into that, let me give you some back story; my name... More  →
What Should This Sparkler Do About Her Crush?

Voldemort's Abs Rock My World: Blogging AVPM Part 7

PrestigiousTimeLady is finally getting to the good stuff. Nothing beats some quality time with the Dark Lord's stomach muscles.—Sparkitors Whoa. Last time around I asked for an answer to the question "Who couldn’t love Darren Criss?" thinking... More  →
Voldemort's Abs Rock My World: Blogging AVPM Part 7

...Try, Try Again

Could we borrow your neon green confidence suspenders sometime, anonymous Sparkler? —Sparkitors The power of a crush is extreme. It can reduce my brain to a flaming pile of mush. It can turn short, nerdy guys into veritable gods by Facebook stalking standards. And,... More  →
...Try, Try Again

Your Crush Alert Scale

By Rachel KorowitzJune 23, 2011
Much like terror threats, mineral hardness, and the worlds spiciest peppers, crushes deserve their own scale. Here's our fool-proof ranking system, listed from least to greatest levels of crushy, crushed-out passion. Crush Level Mervin/Eunice: This is the ultimate friend crush.... More  →
Your Crush Alert Scale

How Chelsea Dagger Got Me a Date

SarahBellum37 finally connected with her crush—thanks to the legendary perspiration of the sweatiest Sparkitor ever.—Sparkitors It all started in band practice. Our AC wasn't working, so the director asked "Is anyone else sweating?" I replied "Yeah, I'm sweating harder than... More  →
How Chelsea Dagger Got Me a Date

Keeping Your Options Open

Keep your friends close, but keep your crushes closer, 1chance14. —Sparkitors The secret crush. We've all had one. You know, the kind in which "secret" refers to the fact that everyone knows about said crush except the crush himself? Yeah, that is the kind... More  →
Keeping Your Options Open

The Perks of Being Fun-Sized

acs14 isn't the tallest kid on the block, but she might be the smartest!—Sparkitors As someone who belongs to the "5’3’ and under" population, I’ve heard a myriad of “politically correct” terms for us short people, ranging... More  →
The Perks of Being Fun-Sized

A Field Guide to the Italian Grandmother

Siobhan Speiran, we love this post. And we're pretty sure we'd love your Nonna! –Sparkitors Italian Grandmothers, also known as “Nonnas,” take immense pleasure in hearing their progeny speak broken, pseudo-Italian. Their day to day concerns range from who killed Nick on the Young... More  →
A Field Guide to the Italian Grandmother