Skip over navigation

You Know You Live in Southern California When…

By ContributorFebruary 11, 2011
Do you have to be from SoCal to get in on Fish Taco Tuesdays, nicole2212? And can Michael Cera come? –Sparkitors This goes out to all my Southern California broskis. You just might be a Southern Californian if... You never order off the “regular” menu... More  →
You Know You Live in Southern California When…

How To Hate Valentine's Day Effectively

amaryllismoon isn't a huge fan of February 14th, but she does love dinosaurs, and that makes her A-OK in our book.—Sparkitors There are plenty of reasons to hate Valentine's Day: you're single, the color red sends you into... More  →
How To Hate Valentine's Day Effectively

Trials of a Tall Sophmore

Wickedchick825 has the same problem assark2013, except from the other end of the spectrum —Sparkitors I won’t deny it, I’m tall. Like, REALLY tall. The average girl in America is 5’4. I’m a few heads above that crowd: 6’1. Yes, I... More  →
Trials of a Tall Sophmore

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Shakespeare Was An Idiot

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 11, 2011
That's right, we said it. That old bard was dumb as a bag of half-price bricks. All that "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" stuff may have sounded pretty, but it was garbage.... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Shakespeare Was An Idiot

Ask Kat: A Squirmin' German

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 11, 2011
Hello, Kat, I am a Freshman in college, and in one of my classes we are reading and researching the Holocaust. No big deal, right, and a very good thing to be studying. However, I have a bit of a problem in this topic... I... More  →
Ask Kat: A Squirmin' German

How To Deal With a Gender Misidentification Crisis

By ContributorFebruary 10, 2011
lucy_stop_flying is both socially conscious AND funny. We bet she can rap really well, too! –Sparkitors After reading thenameselodie’s article about her tragic gender misidentification, I thought I would offer some help to the subject of the misunderstanding. You see, in August,... More  →
How To Deal With a Gender Misidentification Crisis

Surviving Life as a Muggle

zara95 knows you want to be a wizard, but some dreams just can't come true. WE'RE SORRY.—Sparkitors Since my  eleventh birthday came and went without any sign of an acceptance letter from Hogwarts, I guess I'll... More  →
Surviving Life as a Muggle

Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: Part 5

BingoTheAwesome gives another astounding report on the tumult and tragedy ocurring in Egypt.—Sparkitors

As always, a thank you goes out to all of you reading and commenting... More  →
Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: Part 5

Life as a Jew

sksk3 wants to explain her religion, too. We love it! —Sparkitors After reading both Life as an Atheist and Life as a Christian, I decided that, as a Jew, I should write a post entitled Life as a Jew. Or, I could... More  →
Life as a Jew

What To Do When You Can't Sleep: The Airplane Edition

SparkE324 is either going to get you a great night's sleep or get you arrested. It's a win-win.—Sparkitors The time has come: you’re at that point where sleep is so close you can touch it. You’re sinking into that beautiful,... More  →
What To Do When You Can't Sleep: The Airplane Edition