Search Menu
Menu

The Friday Awards: Beware the SparkNotes Dragon

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 22, 2012
Things are looking good, Sparklers. We've managed to eat our way through one of the dungeons' cake-walls (which, we are happy to report, are made of More  →
The Friday Awards: Beware the SparkNotes Dragon

Auntie SparkNotes: Why Do Atheists Have Morals?

By kat_rosenfieldJune 22, 2012
Hey Auntie, You don't actually have to reply to this on the blog (in fact I'd prefer you didn't), but basically, I'm a conservative Christian living in the Southern U.S., and I've been questioning my belief in Christianity for a really long time. I mean, I... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Why Do Atheists Have Morals?

Blogging Disney: 101 Dalmatians

By Scott GreenstoneJune 22, 2012
Alright, time for honesty: I'd never seen 101 Dalmatians. Yes! That's it! Scream and go batty, and meanwhile, take a gander at these gems from last week's comments on Sleeping Beauty. mega_mega9 said: "On the contrary, my brother seems to find extensive joy and... More  →
Blogging Disney: 101 Dalmatians

Awesomely Awesome List of Things To Do When You're Home Alone

By FayeJune 22, 2012
Sparklers, what are you doing reading this article right now? You should be out with your friends doing all those fun things that I (and your fellow Sparklers) came up with earlier this week. What’s that? You’re bored, broke, AND you don’t have... More  →
Awesomely Awesome List of Things To Do When You're Home Alone

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Office Romance Can Work!

By reidfaylorJune 22, 2012
FROM: thePurpleRavenclaw My friends and family have always told me that dating your coworkers is a bad idea, but television (namely, The Office's Jim and Pam) says otherwise. Normally, this conundrum isn't a problem for me, but I recently got a new job at... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Office Romance Can Work!

Dating With Science: Why Girls Make You Talk Like a Crazy Person

By Jon_SkindzierJune 22, 2012
Science Fact: When men are romantically interested in a woman, they unconsciously start using more showy, unusual, or creative language. Explanation: You might notice yourself doing this, but it's more likely that you'll notice when someone else does it. Let's say you're hanging out with your... More  →
Dating With Science: Why Girls Make You Talk Like a Crazy Person

Books You Need to Read RIGHT NOW

By ContributorJune 22, 2012
Books Week may be over, but the fun doesn't have to be! I have painstakingly gone through all the books I own and my list of books I WANT to own. And let me warn you, that list was 3 typed pages in 10 point... More  →
Books You Need to Read RIGHT NOW

British Musicians You Should Be Listening To

By ContributorJune 21, 2012
Lately, there’s been a huge hype about the latest Britpop acts to hop across the Pond, with groups like 1D and The Wanted being amongst the most recurring names. The response that groups like these are getting in the USA is pretty much a relocated... More  →
British Musicians You Should Be Listening To

5 Reasons IB Is A Government Zombie Program

By ContributorJune 21, 2012
Most IB students begin with the mindset “Hooray, a bunch of similarly academically driven classmates in rigorous classes that will challenge my superior brain!” Within a few months, however, they begin to unravel the ominous truth. IB is nothing more than a glorified program designed... More  →
5 Reasons IB Is A Government Zombie Program

You're Being Less Helpful Than You Think You Are

By Melissa AlbertJune 21, 2012
Helpful people are the best, right? They just want to make our lives easier, often by giving us advice on how to live them! So it's really hard to tell someone that they're being a bit too helpful. Or that helping us... More  →
You're Being Less Helpful Than You Think You Are