Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Do You Get Upset When Students Know Things You Don't?

By Mr. TocheDecember 28, 2011
Q: Do you get upset when students know things you don't? A: Of course not. I mean, of course students will know things I don't. For example, I don't watch much TV, get to the movies very often, or keep up with popular music. Yes, I'm old.... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Get Upset When Students Know Things You Don't?

A Field Guide to Terrible Guys

By ContributorDecember 28, 2011
Worried about dating? Never fear! pandasaurus1 is here to save you from a billion dating mistakes! —Sparkitors I have dated a pretty decent amount in my short lifetime and I have seen it all. You see, Sparklers and... More  →
A Field Guide to Terrible Guys

Let's Just Be Friends

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 28, 2011
For all of you Sparklers and Manklers out there stuck in the friend zone, Niva has found a song you can relate to. Well, mostly. Except for maybe the part about stapling signs to your forehead, because ouch. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Let's Just Be Friends

Back in the Mainstream: Popular Music that Rocks

By ContributorDecember 28, 2011
TetrisIScool is 'fessing up to her un-hipster-like music tastes. Can anybody relate?—Sparkitors There was a time in my life where I tried my hardest to avoid the mainstream music scene. I was sick of the overdone computer-generated beats and fake baselines accompanied... More  →
Back in the Mainstream: Popular Music that Rocks

Should You Choose Reincarnation?

By ContributorDecember 27, 2011
UnicornDangerClub-CornOnMyHead doesn't want you facing death until you've weighed all your options. –Sparkitors So, dying’s not fun. I mean, I'm pretty sure it’s not fun, but opinions do vary on what happens when you’re actually dead. Of course, everyone knows that the Grim Reaper... More  →
Should You Choose Reincarnation?

Ask a Teacher: Can You Tell When a Student Has a Crush on You?

By Ms. DameDecember 27, 2011
Q: Can you guys tell when a student has a crush on you? And what, if anything, do you do about it? A: Teachers can absolutely tell when students have crushes on them. I know I can. I can take any number of approaches when... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Can You Tell When a Student Has a Crush on You?

D&D: Go Play It. Now.

xXx_lola_xXx claims D&D is better than WoW. Anybody up in arms?—Sparkitors I'm just going to start this off with a simple statement: Dungeons & Dragons is possibly the best fantasy role-play game in existence. Yes, to all of you gasping in disbelief,... More  →
D&D: Go Play It. Now.

The Homeschoolers' Song

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 27, 2011
If you didn't already love Rhett and Link, readergrl96 found another reason. For all you homeschoolers out there, should we be worried? Are they right? Are you really about to take over the world? Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
The Homeschoolers' Song

How to Throw a One Person New Year's Eve Party

By Josh PeriloDecember 27, 2011
Let’s face it. New Year’s Eve is wrought with all kinds of expectations and high hopes. There’s no way to avoid it: we’re going to be disappointed. But there’s a way around the heartache and drama. There’s a way that we... More  →
How to Throw a One Person New Year's Eve Party

Anger Management: Punching Pillows and Other Helpful Tips

BritishTea is like the Incredible Hulk, minus the green skin, and with a lot more self control.—Sparkitors I get angry. A lot. And mostly about things that don't really matter that much. After all the fighting is done, I feel bad about... More  →
Anger Management: Punching Pillows and Other Helpful Tips