Skip over navigation

Naming My Laptop

By ContributorDecember 20, 2010
When it comes time for us to name our future kids, we're definitely going to refer to RabidWrackspurt's list of options.—Sparkitors One day, as I was slow-roasting a Sarlacc over... More  →
Naming My Laptop

Confessions of a Cheerleader

confessionsofaclosetwriter is about to let us in on some big-time cheerleading secrets—we say, BRING IT ON! (See what we did there?)—Sparkitors At one time or another, you have probably wanted to be a cheerleader—or, you’ve wanted to... More  →
Confessions of a Cheerleader

Life According to Ginger: A Statistical Analysis of Finals Week

This is how my first semester ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper (literally—I was crying by the end). These past couple of weeks, the workload has steadily been building up, and pretty much everything blew up in my face during finals week.... More  →
Life According to Ginger: A Statistical Analysis of Finals Week

How NOT to React When Your Friend Comes Out

nanometre is exactly the type of friend we'd like to have: funny, supportive, and full of great advice!—Sparkitors Recently, a friend of mine opened up to me about the fact that he is gay. This was my reaction: Me: AAAA!!!!!!... More  →
How NOT to React When Your Friend Comes Out

Life According to Ginger: Demystifying the Bro

By ContributorDecember 17, 2010
Recently, I wrote an article on the hipster. This week, I’ll take a look at its lesser-known antithesis, the Bro. You can probably tell where the bros got their name—they really like to call each other bro. Fun fact: many bros belong to fraternities,... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Demystifying the Bro

How to Wish Your Frenemy a Happy New Year

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 17, 2010
It's the countdown to midnight, the ball is mid-drop, and out of the corner of your eye, you spot...your best frenemy. Yeesh. New Year's Eve is supposed to be all happy and celebratory, but it's hard to kick off 2011 on a good note when... More  →
How to Wish Your Frenemy a Happy New Year

Grandma Gifts: An Illustrated Tale of Terror

By kat_rosenfieldDecember 17, 2010
Ah, Christmas. It is, as the song goes, the most wonderful time of the year—full of family fun, delicious foods, heartwarming music, and increasingly-desperate attempts to catch Santa Claus in a bear trap and interrogate him as to the whereabouts of that X-Box we asked... More  →
Grandma Gifts: An Illustrated Tale of Terror

The Cuteness Equation

11ksande just developed a mathematical equation that's going to CHANGE. YOUR. LIFE. (That may have been a bit of an overstatement.)—Sparkitors Apparently, I do not understand the conventional connotation of the word "cute." I came to this... More  →
The Cuteness Equation

8 Reasons to Wear a Bicycle Helmet

T_Pierce is the Patton Oswalt of public-service announcements. –Sparkitors I live on a college campus, which is chockfull of students on bikes, and before that I came from a cyclist-friendly city. Though I always wear a helmet when I ride my bike, lately I've... More  →
8 Reasons to Wear a Bicycle Helmet

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: None of Us Are Going Platinum Any Time Soon

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 17, 2010
It's become painfully apparent that despite all of our best efforts (we had a righteous jam session in the copy room one time), none of us Sparkitors have the chops to make it big in the music world. We lack the necessary talent, the essential... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: None of Us Are Going Platinum Any Time Soon