Skip over navigation

Hi, My Name Is ________, and I Can't Keep a Resolution

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2011
ez30yankee, we can't stop whipping our hair back and forth, thanks to YOU! —Sparkitors I feel guilty. Every year, I make some form of a New Year’s Revolution, and then like the master procrastinator I am, it never happens. And, to put some... More  →
Hi, My Name Is ________, and I Can't Keep a Resolution

I'm a Professional Santa-Tracker

By ContributorJanuary 3, 2011
We were like "No more Santa nuggets!" but Claire-de-Lune convinced us to publish this with her convince-y convinciness. Also, SHE TRACKS SANTA! —Sparkitors I know, I know. The holidays are over, so it’s time to stop having Christmas-y articles on SparkLife.  HOWEVER, I'm offering... More  →
I'm a Professional Santa-Tracker

What To Do if You Don't Have a New Year's Kiss

By Melissa AlbertDecember 31, 2010
Maybe you're totally in lurve and have had your New Year's kiss lined up for the past five months. Or maybe you just bought extremely effective lip gloss and figure you've got the kiss situation under control. Or, just maybe, you think the midnight... More  →
What To Do if You Don't Have a New Year's Kiss

The Sacred Art Of Avoiding Awkward Silences

By ContributorDecember 30, 2010
supercazzz has got the smarts to get you through even the worst awkward moments.—Sparkitors Awkward silences happen to me a lot; I can't seem to avoid them. Take, for example, the time when my bestie Harry inadvertently asked me... More  →
The Sacred Art Of Avoiding Awkward Silences

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Theme Parties!

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from studying at a state university, it’s that people love a good theme party. My Monday morning brunches are often filled with friends’ tales of creative costumes. At college, there seem to be certain, standard, go-to themes—think Toga Party... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Theme Parties!

How to Deal with Evil Teachers

There's no better way to prepare for the new year than with Aisling_Queen_of_Sarcasm's guide to handling the inevitable—horrible teachers. —Sparkitors Silence engulfs the classroom. The seconds tick by with a torturous slowness. Sweat gathers over your brows. Your fingers twitch with nervous anticipation. Suddenly, there... More  →
How to Deal with Evil Teachers

Surviving Your APUSH Class

oneandonlybit90's guide might be your only hope for makin' it through APUSH alive.—Sparkitors Cue dramatic lighting, the smoke machine, and the band kids you paid to dress up as demons: it's the dreaded AP U.S. History class (commonly known as APUSH) coming to suck... More  →
Surviving Your APUSH Class

Terrible New Year's Resolutions

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 30, 2010
Everyone's going on about their inspiring resolutions—all, "I'm going to run a 10K," and "I'm going to do more volunteer work," and "I'm going to invent a universal language that lets the people of the world communicate in tones of peace and mutual... More  →
Terrible New Year's Resolutions

Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em: Things That I Both Love and Hate

By ContributorDecember 29, 2010
ecm8 needs to make up her mind—now WE can't decide if we like Christmas!—Sparkitors We've all got 'em: the things we can't stand to live without—and we sort of can't stand, period. They're a part of our everyday lives,... More  →
Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em: Things That I Both Love and Hate

Blogging My Boy Diet: All the World's a Kiss with Creepy Ginger?

By ContributorDecember 29, 2010
Talie, CONGRATS!!! —Sparkitors All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS its winter break. That means NO Diva (my enemy), NO Creepy Ginger (her boyfriend), and NO Drummer Boy (my non-crush). Exactly what I need. But before break, something interesting happened. Well, I mean it's... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: All the World's a Kiss with Creepy Ginger?