Search Menu
Menu

Ask Jono: How To Approach Guys

By Jon_SkindzierMay 25, 2012
Hi Jono! So I read some of your advice, and it's actually good! (Most of my guy friends aren't very good at it.) So I thought I would ask this question that's been bothering me for SO long: So i'm a sophomore in... More  →
Ask Jono: How To Approach Guys

Imagine Dragons: A Band Name, and an Anagram

By Brandon SpecktorMay 25, 2012
Wayne "Wing" Sermon literally earned a degree in rocking out. Before becoming a guitarist for the indie pop hotbutton quad Imagine Dragons, Wayne studied all forms of stringed shredding at the Berklee College of Music, where his path first met that of future... More  →
Imagine Dragons: A Band Name, and an Anagram

Fiction Writing Challenge: Denver UFO

By Allison EmmMay 24, 2012
Greetings Masterminds! There are billions of quality stories out there, just waiting to be written. There are news clips that scream Biopunk, neo-folktales that need twist endings, and social systems that beg for satire. Would you let these stories go untold? I give you your first... More  →
Fiction Writing Challenge: Denver UFO

What You'll Miss When You Move Out

By SissyMay 24, 2012
It's exciting to turn 18 and move out of your parents' house and into a dorm or an apartment. But just because it's exciting doesn’t mean it's easy. After you unpack your bags at school, you realize there are actually things you'll miss about home—even... More  →
What You'll Miss When You Move Out

The Scorpio Races

By ContributorMay 24, 2012
Let’s blog a must-read agaaaaaiiiinnnn! Book: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater Synopsis: On Thisby Island, the annual Scorpio Races, in which men race deadly water horses (like regular horses but bigger and carnivorous) along the beach for fame, glory, and money, are everything. They... More  →
The Scorpio Races

Current Events: Elections, Facebook, and the War on Women

By ContributorMay 24, 2012

Hello, my dear Sparklers! Lots to talk about today. But first, I’d like to address some comments about the bias in my previous columns. Um, note I said “column.” That means that I can put my opinions in if I want. And I

... More  →
Current Events: Elections, Facebook, and the War on Women

Your Fill-in-the-Blank Graduation Speech

By Janet ManleyMay 24, 2012
Fill in a word for each of the below, then soak up the commencement wisdom of your graduation speech! 1. Inanimate object 2. Inanimate object 3. Olympic event 4. Appetizer 5. Main course 6. Noun 7. Adjective 8. Adjective 9. Noun 10. Noun 11. Verb 12. Noun 13. Adjective 14. Noun 15. Something terrible 16. Number 17. Piece of equipment 18. Adverb 19. Verb 20. Animal 21.... More  →
Your Fill-in-the-Blank Graduation Speech

This Is What Happens When You Put Cupcake Batter in a Sausage

By Brandon SpecktorMay 24, 2012
If you're anything like us—and we know you are (our spies are everywhere)—the last time you sunk your chompers into the pillowy crust of a red velvet cupcake the first thing that barrel-rolled into your braingoo was, "This is ok, but I just know my... More  →
This Is What Happens When You Put Cupcake Batter in a Sausage

My History Teacher Is Crazy, In a Good Way

By ContributorMay 23, 2012
My history teacher, Mr. Mead, is crazy. Here is a just a little of the nuttiness that takes place in his Modern World History Honors class. 1. All who enter get thunder clapped. If you are not in this class, congrats, you will get... More  →
My History Teacher Is Crazy, In a Good Way

What's Your Hungarian Name?

By ContributorMay 23, 2012
Everyone knows visiting Hungary is at the top of your bucket list. Don't deny it—we know it's true. But before you run off to the Land of the Rubik’s Cube, you should probably adopt a Hungarian-esque name. Just follow the directions below, and you’ll have... More  →
What's Your Hungarian Name?