Menu

How To Be a Modern-Day Rebel Without a Cause

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 24, 2012
Have you seen Rebel Without A Cause? Some say it's a classic; we say it's dated, tedious and smells funny, but maybe that's just because we were forced to watch it in every Important Films 101 class we ever took, so we're bitter.... More  →
How To Be a Modern-Day Rebel Without a Cause

How to Go to Prom If You're Not an Upperclassman

By ContributorFebruary 24, 2012
heroesandthieves schemes up some hilarious ways to get your lowerclassman butt into prom!—Sparkitors I don’t know about you, Sparklers, but all this prom talk has gotten me in the mood to actually go to prom. This is a problem... More  →
How to Go to Prom If You're Not an Upperclassman

Exam Day: An Exercise in Murphy's Law

By ElodieFebruary 24, 2012
According to Murphy’s Law, anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and nowhere is this more evident than in the mind-bending, hellish nightmare of stress that is exam day. Let us examine a typical instance of said nightmare under Murphy’s Law: You will wake up... More  →
Exam Day: An Exercise in Murphy's Law

Top 20 Replies to "I Love You"

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2012
Terrified to say the L word? monicarima can help. —Sparkitors When someone tells you they love you, you may be tempted to reply, "I love you too." But what if you're not ready to return the sentiment—or you think saying "I love you too"... More  →
Top 20 Replies to "I Love You"

The Worst Fictional Significant Others

By Melissa AlbertFebruary 23, 2012
With Valentine's Day in the rear view, you're off the hook for state-mandated romance for a whole year! What better time to offload a dangerous, jerky, or otherwise undesirable SO? For inspiration, here's a gallery of some of the worst romantic partners... More  →
The Worst Fictional Significant Others

Electronic Music (This is NOT a Compiliation of Computer Sounds)

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 23, 2012
PwoperMuse says... Hey there all you Sparklers!  Here’s a playlist of really cool music that’s either electronic or has electronic roots. This is what I wish my school would play at our dances, but apparently they think this and this are what... More  →
Electronic Music (This is NOT a Compiliation of Computer Sounds)

Does Dressing Down Dig You Deeper into the Dumps?

We just HAD to publish this adorable article by *self-proclaimed-rebel*, because it's not only totally true, it also has the most alliterative title EVER.—Sparkitors We’ve all had those days: days that we’d much rather spend scarfing down vanilla frosting, watching bad reruns of... More  →
Does Dressing Down Dig You Deeper into the Dumps?

The Field Guide to SPLURKERS

carolinawren is an expert on a rare species of Sparklers, and she's about to reveal all their secrets!—Sparkitors Hey, Sparklers! I have a confession to make, and since I feel brave and awesome and my Confidence Pants just might fit, I’m going to... More  →
The Field Guide to SPLURKERS

The Worst Guidance Counselor, Ever: an Interview

By Josh PeriloFebruary 23, 2012
We have searched high and low, but we think that we’ve finally found the absolute worst guidance counselor on the face of the earth. Her name is Judith Rollins, and in order to protect the students and other faculty members, we will not reveal... More  →
The Worst Guidance Counselor, Ever: an Interview

How to Make Paper-Writing Less Painful

Here’s a little confession: writing isn’t always easy. Yes, even English majors struggle with papers from time to time. We sometimes struggle to choose a topic. Or we hit a research roadblock. And speaking of blocks, there’s the dreaded writer’s block. Creating a good writing process... More  →
How to Make Paper-Writing Less Painful