Skip over navigation
Prom

A Few Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Stop Talking About Twilight

By ContributorMay 3, 2011
Don't worry, TheWittyNickname fully appreciates the irony of a post that talks about not talking about Twilight.—Sparkitors I know you may be sick of the recent flood of Twilight articles, and that just proves my point: WE'VE GOT TO PUT AN END TO THE... More  →
A Few Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Stop Talking About Twilight

The Yankee's Guide to Surviving the South

Yes, ColonelofGC messed with Texas. But put your sawed-off shotguns down, Southern Sparklers, it's satire! –Sparkitors The South is a wonderful place to visit—but only if you're already living there. If you're a Yankee traveling through God's Country, then you'll have a bit more trouble.... More  →
The Yankee's Guide to Surviving the South

HOW COULD THIS HAVE ESCAPED OUR ATTENTION?!?

By Chelsea DaggerMay 3, 2011
DID YOU BUTTS KNOW THAT THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 TRAILER WAS HAPPENING? Of course you did, because unlike Chelsea Dagger, you don't live in a tiny television-less tupperware container in Brooklyn, and you have access to such unthinkable luxuries as "commercials" and "the internet"... More  →
HOW COULD THIS HAVE ESCAPED OUR ATTENTION?!?

You Know You're From Pakistan When...

idkwhy.really. is here to explain her culture to you! —Sparkitors I really do love all of the "You Know You're From..." posts. However, I noticed that nobody has done anything on foreign countries, and even though I grew up in America, my... More  →
You Know You're From Pakistan When...

My Crush Is...A Bad Boy

SyedaW, we're on the same page: if lovin' bad boys is wrong, we don't want to be right.—Sparkitors Yes, bad boys are, well, bad. Yes, I know that a bad boy doesn't always have a sweet and caring personality... More  →
My Crush Is...A Bad Boy

Literary Smackdown: Shakespeare Kicks John Grisham's BUTT

MarcusJuniusBrutus, would now be the wrong time to admit that we used to be OBSESSED with John Grisham books?—Sparkitors Let’s face it: if you're in high school, there's really no getting around Shakespeare and his 16th century English. Some students can't stand all his... More  →
Literary Smackdown: Shakespeare Kicks John Grisham's BUTT

Open Thread for May 3

By Chelsea DaggerMay 3, 2011
Amarantha93 sent this awesome drawing with the following email: This is Magnus Bane from the book series The Mortal Instruments. I drew this and colored it. The only thing missing is glitter. and rainbow pants. That's funny— GLITTER and RAINBOW PANTS are the only things... More  →
Open Thread for May 3

Yo Mama's Day Gift Ideas

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 2, 2011
Remember when your mom used to wake up four times a night to feed you warm milk and change your diaper? Remember when she used to drive around the neighborhood for an hour just to help you fall asleep in the back of... More  →
Yo Mama's Day Gift Ideas

How to Conquer Your Public Speaking Fears

By Rachel KorowitzMay 2, 2011
For some of us, talking to a roomful of people is sort of like breathing or blinking or growing skin, if those things were even more effortless than they already are. We naturally adjust to our audience, we keep the crowd's attention, and we find good places to... More  →
How to Conquer Your Public Speaking Fears

You Know You're From Vermont When...

By ContributorMay 2, 2011
GlazSk8,will you teach us how to make maple syrup? Please? —Sparkitors Yes, although small and very far north, Vermont is a state in the United States (although some extremists do vouch for its cessation). The Green Mountain state may be different... More  →
You Know You're From Vermont When...