Skip over navigation

Creative Ideas for Summer Diaries

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 13, 2011
Are you about to have the summeriest summer since that teen movie about a really great summer? Of course you are! Your summer is going to be all kinds of fantastic, because we said so! You're going to need to keep a record of events,... More  →
Creative Ideas for Summer Diaries

Open Thread for June 13

By SparkLifeJune 13, 2011
We spent the last 3 hours trying to think up an elaborate joke about "reindeer games," but alas, we got nothin'. So just enjoy this adorable pic of asweetdream361, whose pup is celebrating Christmas in June.... More  →
Open Thread for June 13

How Do You Cure Writer's Block?

By ContributorJune 10, 2011
Courtney Guth is so blocked, she's basically Leonardo DiCaprio. —Sparkitors As I write this, it's 12:03 AM. My problem: this article was due three minutes ago, and I’ve encountered that which all writers fear—writer’s block. Gasp! Yes. Writer’s block is terrible, terrible predicament for... More  →
How Do You Cure Writer's Block?

Everybody's Hitting on Talie

What the what? Talie needs to write a How To Get Every Boy To Fall in Love With You book. —Sparkitors So kiddies. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off due to all the craziness that commences before graduation. And... More  →
Everybody's Hitting on Talie

You Are Secretly In Love With Someone And We Want To Know About It

By Chelsea DaggerJune 10, 2011
June 20-24 is going to be the most magnificent week of your life. During those five days, you will be thrown heart-first into the sappy, sentimental event of the century: CRUSH WEEK ON SPARKLIFE. No one can escape Crush... More  →
You Are Secretly In Love With Someone And We Want To Know About It

Should This Sparkler Take AP Lit?

By Emily WinterJune 10, 2011
We recently got an email from a stressed out Sparkler who can't decide whether to load up on APs next year. We think she deserves some advice from the real schedule experts, you guys! Here's what she told us... I know school just ended (for me... More  →
Should This Sparkler Take AP Lit?

A Discourse on Peanut Butter

When it comes to peanut butter, fabalafae ain't messin' around.—Sparkitors

My dear fellow Sparklers, I have a confession to make: I used to dislike peanut butter. Yes, yes, I know. No, please don’t e-mail the editors and tell them to suspend... More  →
A Discourse on Peanut Butter

You Know You're an Arab When....

DarkLite808 dedicates this post to muslimah8160. We love this post, but don't get #1. Is that really a thing? —Sparkitors You know you're an Arab when... 1. You never say "turn on the light." Instead, you say "OPEN the light." 2. A whole city can be... More  →
You Know You're an Arab When....

Things We Wish You Could Smuggle Into Graduation

By Rachel KorowitzJune 10, 2011
It’s graduation day! Woooooo! Celllll-uh-brate good times, shuhMOHN!!!! Thing is, before you get to the pics and the parties and the SUMMER, you have to schmance up and stuffily sit there in your new-yet-crappy robe. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could put that gown to... More  →
Things We Wish You Could Smuggle Into Graduation

In Defense of Bromance

TanTanTheLadieMan explains the manly alternative to BFFs.—Sparkitors Dudes, I've got news: though you may not realize it, you almost definitely are involved in a bromance (for a reference point, check out... More  →
In Defense of Bromance