Skip over navigation

My Hero Is a Crazy Soldier

By ContributorOctober 20, 2010
Mad Jack sounds amazing! Do you think he'd like 21st-century editor types, blacktophat? –Sparkitors SparkNotes has all these “My Crush is...” articles, but the guy I want to write about isn’t my crush. He’s my hero. His name was Jack Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill (a... More  →
My Hero Is a Crazy Soldier

How to Tell a Scary Story

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 20, 2010
It was a dark and stormy night. The wind howled like a demon as rain slammed upon the window, the droplets leaving thick trails on the foggy glass. In the basement, a child was whispering. The child’s voice became louder. Soon he was singing…singing…singing…IT WAS... More  →
How to Tell a Scary Story

Coffinmaker's Guide to NaNoWriMo

We were going to write a funny intro, but everything we came up with paled in comparison to Coffinmaker's humor. We give up. —Sparkitors In cupcakemichi's recent post, she told all of SparkNotes about the amazing, world-hunger-solving, Elton-John-impersonating yearly event... More  →

Stuff That Annoys Me: The Sequel

IxSeexAll had her say, and now it's Universalbutterflie's turn to gripe! –Sparkitors Everyone can think of that one thing that annoys them more than every other annoying thing in the world.... More  →
Stuff That Annoys Me: The Sequel

How to Stand Up for the Underdog

By Lauren PassellOctober 19, 2010
It's kickball day in gym, and your teacher splits the class into two teams. Somehow all the athletic kids are on one team, and all the non-athletes are on another. (This is  hypothetical, btw.) And let’s just say you end up on the non-athlete team. (HYPOTHETICAL!!!) The... More  →
How to Stand Up for the Underdog

Feeling Left Out? Here's What to Do.

By Ashley SpencerOctober 19, 2010
It kind of stings when you log onto Facebook and see an album of five of your friends camping upstate in a sweet tent. They’re all toasting marshmallows, wearing hooded sweatshirts, and smiling, probably having just finished another rousing rendition of Kumbaya. They were looking... More  →
Feeling Left Out? Here's What to Do.

Blogging My IB Cookie Day

By ContributorOctober 19, 2010
lia.lovegood is toughing out the pre-IB program—and she's got the pastries to prove it! —Sparkitors School started at least a month ago, and most of you went back to familiar places... More  →

How to Be Awesome: Doing Nothing Edition

jgrudzy! jgrudzy! jgrudzy! That is all. —Sparkitors It's pretty easy to be awesome when you're taking over the world. It's not too hard when you're playing a death-defying game of ping-pong. But when you're not doing anything at all? How... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Doing Nothing Edition

10 Ways To Save the Planet

violet_hill1944, we've elected you as the newest (and highly unofficial) leader of the "Go Green" movement. We know you're gonna do us proud. —Sparkitors For the past few years, phrases like “global warming, “save the polar bears,” “Prius,” “alternative... More  →

10 Reasons Model UN Is Awesome

Our only reference point for Model UN is the Mary Kate and Ashley movie Winning London, but man, did we ever love that film! We're sold, watercolour! —Sparkitors

Do you love... More  →