Skip over navigation

How Can You Read in the Car?

By Dan_BergsteinJune 17, 2010
First, an apology: In the SparkNotes Guide to Road Trips, I mentioned that reading in a moving car will give you a headache. This tip was based solely on my own experience. It has come to my attention that I am a fool. Many... More  →
How Can You Read in the Car?

The Haircut of Doom

By ContributorJune 17, 2010
We must go to the same salon as you, Brightsparky406; that lady with the designer glasses always stares at us, too!— Sparkitors We all try to put it off for as long as possible, but eventually our split ends force us to succumb: it's... More  →
The Haircut of Doom

Ode to the Pretzel Cone

By Dan_BergsteinJune 16, 2010
Have you ever wished for something your entire life, and then walked into the neighborhood ice cream shop to see that your dream has not only been made a reality, but a reality that costs just a buck? Such is the case with the More  →
Ode to the Pretzel Cone

How to Pick Your Stage Name

By Sean BombadilJune 16, 2010

Shakespeare (and Chelsea Dagger) once wrote "that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” But as smart as the bard was, this rule doesn't apply to the entertainment world. If you want... More  →

How to Pick Your Stage Name

19 Teams You Won't See in the World Cup

By kat_rosenfieldJune 16, 2010
Unless you're a cave-dwelling hermit with no TV, no internet access, and no friends, you've probably heard by now that this year's FIFA World Cup is currently underway in South Africa. (Note: The prior statement does not apply if you live in South Africa, where... More  →
19 Teams You Won't See in the World Cup

Is Your Tattoo Better/Worse Than Dan Bergstein's?

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 15, 2010
Last week, SparkLife Coach and guiding light Dan Bergstein (aka dantuty) revealed to the world that he is maybe, kinda, sort of beginning to regret his Toad the Wet Sprocket tattoo (that's TTWS to Sprocketheads), at which we snorted an açai berry out... More  →
Is Your Tattoo Better/Worse Than Dan Bergstein's?

Blogging My Insomnia

By ContributorJune 15, 2010
volitile_acid, have you tried reading a biography of someone really boring? That usually works for us. —Sparkitors For those of us with insomnia, sleep is a magical thing. It’s hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, and way too hard to wake up.... More  →
Blogging My Insomnia

Na-Na Why Don’t You Get a Job?

By Ashley SpencerJune 14, 2010
You’ve barely been on summer break for five seconds, and your father is already all over you. “Why don’t you get a job?” he asks you as you lie in bed daydreaming about cheeseburgers and Megan Fox. “What are you going to do today?” he... More  →
Na-Na Why Don’t You Get a Job?

What Are These Things in Your Refrigerator?

By Robert IsenbergJune 14, 2010
Exhibit A: Bowl with Fingerprints, Covered in Tin Foil On the one hand, it might be your mom's. Which means it could be anything. It might even be fresh and edible. But you seem to remember it being that fried chicken from KFC, which you couldn't... More  →
What Are These Things in Your Refrigerator?