Skip over navigation

How to Ruin a First Date

By Melissa AlbertFebruary 23, 2011
It’s funny how the ingredients for a perfect date are actually the exact same ingredients for a disastrously terrible date. HAHAHA! Except, less funny when you’re on fire owing to romantic candlelight and still hacking up soggy stacks of bad love poems you mistook for... More  →
How to Ruin a First Date

Surviving the Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand

By ContributorFebruary 23, 2011
All our thoughts are with kwuel and everyone else in Christchurch!—Sparkitors I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. If you've watched the news in the last day or so, you've... More  →
Surviving the Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand

How To Talk To Strangers

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 22, 2011
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to converse with someone you don't know, but no matter what you intend to say, something stupid shoots unexpectedly out of your mouth like a springy snake launching from a can of mixed nuts?... More  →
How To Talk To Strangers

Conversation Starters You Shouldn't Ever Use

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 22, 2011
Have you ever tried to flirt with a stranger or crush, only to realize midway through your attempt that something has gone terribly, terribly wrong? Whether you mispronounced your own name or discovered that you have half a sesame-seed bagel cream-cheesed to the collar of... More  →
Conversation Starters You Shouldn't Ever Use

How To Flirt When Your Crush Is An Oblivious Dunderhead

By ContributorFebruary 22, 2011
jtjuvenile used the word "dunderhead," so obviously, we had to publish her.—Sparkitors You should know upfront that this guide is only for those of you who own truly legit confidence pants; it's going to take some serious courage to follow... More  →
How To Flirt When Your Crush Is An Oblivious Dunderhead

Blogging My Boy Diet: Sink My Battleship

We may have to change the title of Talie's series to GIRL WARS. What do you think? —Sparkitors I just wanted you all to know that I'm typing this post up while sitting in my Computer Apps class. Aaand I just went up 10 points... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: Sink My Battleship

My French Adventure: Part 2!

LadyM has officially left the continent, and we are officially très jaloux! (That's "very jealous" for the uninitiated).—Sparkitors Hello Sparklers! I am no longer in Canada. I can tell because there is GREEN GRASS, NO SNOW, and it's 7o degrees; it's like May, or... More  →
My French Adventure: Part 2!

Confessions of an RA: Tiny Room, Big Personality

By Lindsay PuvelFebruary 21, 2011
The best place to get over claustrophobia is at college. It’s true that for most of us, living conditions at school are quite substandard by comparison to the large bay windows overlooking the sea, mannerly butlers, and savory ten-course meals we experience at home. But when... More  →
Confessions of an RA: Tiny Room, Big Personality

Life According to Ginger: Baked Goods and Sweet Dogs

By ContributorFebruary 21, 2011
College students can be a pretty fickle bunch sometimes. One day we’ll be absolute stereotypes of the classic university student—drinking coffee, wearing sweaters, debating the merits of Plato’s Republic, and having the time of our lives. That same night, we’ll be drinking less-than-legal beverages, wearing... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Baked Goods and Sweet Dogs

A Semi-Professional Analysis of the Top 8 Songs on iTunes

By ContributorFebruary 21, 2011
ccole13 is either completely insane or an actual genius. It's 50-50, and we like those odds.—Sparkitors I am a self-professed social enigma. Though an insanely popular, naturally blonde, straight-A, athletic superstar with a mastery of origami to boot, I... More  →
A Semi-Professional Analysis of the Top 8 Songs on iTunes