Skip over navigation

How To Be a Band Geek

By ContributorFebruary 4, 2011
meganpikalvr12 engages in some serious band stereotyping. Does she speak the truth? –Sparkitors I've already told you what it's like being a band geek. Now I'm back with a guide on how you—yes, you!—can become a band geek yourself! 1. Pick the... More  →
How To Be a Band Geek

In Honor of Black History Month

Mochalatte7362 put together a post full of inspiring and though-provoking facts and quotes, and we know it's going to give you a lot to think about!—Sparkitors It’s Black History Month! As a proud Jamaican-Canadian, I'd like to represent my people... More  →
In Honor of Black History Month

Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: Part 2

We couldn't be more thrilled that BingoTheAwesome wrote a follow-up to her previous post; she's our first international current events correspondent!—Sparkitors

I don't quite know what to say about... More  →
Living Through the Egyptian Revolution: Part 2

Confessions of an RA: Swedish Fish > Booze

By Lindsay PuvelFebruary 3, 2011
Eyes barely open, head pounding, jaw in a perpetual state of Yawn, I sit and drearily pluck the keys of my laptop, wondering why I ever took this job. Last Saturday night, I was on call. Last Saturday night, my residents turned into savages. Last Sunday morning, I... More  →
Confessions of an RA: Swedish Fish > Booze

Blogging My Boy Diet: If the Shoe Fits, Throw It in the Garbage

By ContributorFebruary 3, 2011
We REALLY can't stand Creepy Ginger. —Sparkitors Oh, by the way, this is Talie's post. I really, REALLY detest new semesters. Just when you get comfortable in your old classes, PSYCH. You get thrown into this awful new schedule of DEATH in which you... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: If the Shoe Fits, Throw It in the Garbage

Recipes from a Sparkler's Kitchen

By ContributorFebruary 3, 2011
MarauderPrincess has some veeery interesting things to say about bacon. Delicious-interesting things. –Sparkitors Hello, Sparklers! MarauderPrincess here, ready to blow you away with some amazingly awesomesocksical recipes! I don’t know about you, but this Sparkler sure likes to eat. A lot. And while... More  →
Recipes from a Sparkler's Kitchen

Why February is Made of Win

By Dan_BergsteinFebruary 3, 2011
It’s easy to see why so many people hate February: It’s cold, the streets are covered in a slushy mixture of ice and pure sadness, it’s always dark, and the snowbeasts stalk you in the shadows. But February is actually one of the best months... More  →
Why February is Made of Win

How To Throw an Ironic Super Bowl Party

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 3, 2011
The most-watched event in America is coming up, which by hipster standards already makes it worse than falling face-first into a pile of snakes. But what could be more ironic than a lazy "party" that "supports" the very thing you despise? (The Super Bowl, that... More  →
How To Throw an Ironic Super Bowl Party

Ode to a Dirty Sock Thrown Over a Grecian Urn

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 3, 2011
Why do poets always write about beautiful, frightful, or fascinating things? Just once, we'd like to see a poem about a dirty sock. So we wrote it: Ode to a Dirty Sock Thrown Over a Grecian Urn I know why the tube sock stinks With odors... More  →
Ode to a Dirty Sock Thrown Over a Grecian Urn

The Weirdest Children's Books (N)Ever Written

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 3, 2011
We all have fond memories of the books we read as children; classics like Harold and the Purple Crayon and Where the Wild Things Are taught us lasting, valuable lessons, like "Harold is sort of delusional, isn't he?" and "Flesh-eating monsters... More  →
The Weirdest Children's Books (N)Ever Written