Skip over navigation

The Daily Trials of an English Major: My Career Plans

By ContributorApril 6, 2011
Although graduation is what seems like eons away, it’s never too early to start thinking about what I’m going to do when I enter the “real world,” that scary place where I have to cook my own food, pay my own bills, and be even... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: My Career Plans

Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

Lis93, we're so proud you survived all these interviews. And without breakfast, no less! –Sparkitors Being a British Sparkler (Britkler?), some things about the SparkCollege posts confuse me. For one thing, "college," to me, is a place you go to around age 16, not... More  →
Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

You Know You're from The Bronx When...

a_elbereth_gilthoniel, we think you're hilarious. Does that make us super-awesome? —Sparkitors I know someone already wrote a "You Know You're From" post about NYC, but I'm from the Bronx, so I've got a bit of a different take on things than the... More  →
You Know You're from The Bronx When...

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post: christinepotter: Many Potter fans feel an umbrage towards Harry's vile, conniving, prejudiced professor, Umbridge (hence the name similarity). AwesomePossum214: Stacy's mom makes no one feel unbrage, 'cause she's got it going... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
Last week's Think Tank was a bit out of the ordinary; instead of asking you to solve a riddle, we asked you to write us a poem. We were secretly planning on stealing your best verses for our forthcoming haiku collection, tentatively titled... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

What the What?: Girl Yawns in Class, Mouth Stays That Way

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2011
In honor of Holly Thompson—the girl who yawned in class and her face stayed that way (yes, this is really real)—we'd like you guys to count how many times you yawn in school today. Add up your yawns in a single class... More  →
What the What?: Girl Yawns in Class, Mouth Stays That Way

What Your Toothpaste Brand Says About You

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 5, 2011
We subscribe to the old gnawed-on birch twig and saliva method of dental hygiene, but we hear this stuff called toothpaste is really catching on. Some people swear by it! Not only does dentifrice seem to fight plaque, whiten smiles, and... More  →
What Your Toothpaste Brand Says About You

Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Ace Any Test

By ContributorApril 5, 2011
This post applies to everyone—even if you're dropping out of school right this very moment. Why? Because life is a test, and with my advice, you'll pass it with flying colors. Interested? That question was a test. If you said yes, you passed. See how easy... More  →
Flyergirl13 Tells You How—To Ace Any Test

How to Be an Awesome Vegetarian

ShanMarie_thegreat just inspired us to throw out nine of our ten lunch sliders. (#4 was slightly less convincing.) –Sparkitors Vegetarians are the most awesome people on earth. What? It’s true! We drench flavorless blocks of protein with soy sauce, flaunt “Meat is Murder” tees... More  →
How to Be an Awesome Vegetarian

One Year, 100 Books: Whip It

Book #22: Whip It (formerly published as Derby Girl) Author: Shauna Cross Reason for Reading: When I saw the movie (screenplay written by the author, Shauna Cross), I didn’t know there was a book until the closing credits. On principle, the book is always better... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: Whip It