Skip over navigation

Application Essay: I Had Cancer

By Miss MarmNovember 9, 2010
Jodi writes about a harrowing experience in her application essay. Check out her story.

A teacher once told me that if a person lives a perfect and uneventful life, he or she wouldn’t actually be living a life

... More  →
Application Essay: I Had Cancer

Five Reasons Why Darren Criss is Totally Awesome

By ContributorNovember 9, 2010
EricaJane1224 asked us to publish this today in honor of Darren's Glee debut tonight, and we just couldn't say no! —Sparkitors For a lot of Sparklers (myself included), Darren Criss is... More  →

Jetpacks, Spaceships, and Schweebs: Awesome Alternate Modes of Transportation

Are you wondering what the heck a Schweeb is? Don't worry: ~too~ has the answer! —Sparkitors Here at SparkLife, we have a responsibility to keep the world exciting. One way to achieve this? By ditching old-fashioned and boring modes... More  →

7 More Ridiculous School Quotes

GinnyPotter1 is here to satisfy our insatiable thirst for ridiculous school quotes! –Sparkitors Though Jess2895’s post about funny quotes from her school is definitely hilarious, I think my school gives hers a run for its money. Here are a few of the more... More  →
7 More Ridiculous School Quotes

What It's Like to Live in Durban, South Africa

This editor studied abroad only 45 minutes from Durban—and muslimah8160 is right, it's totally amazing! —Sparkitors Living in Durban, South Africa has its ups and downs, but for the most part, I absolutely love it! Here are the reasons why: 1. Fun... More  →

Blogging My Boy Diet: I Do NOT Care About the Hot Drummer

By ContributorNovember 8, 2010
In her second installment, Talie tells her friends and family about her boy diet—and wonders if she can last another week. —Sparkitors Due to this newly commenced boy fast, I've had to make some drastic changes in my life, such as not asking about... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: I Do NOT Care About the Hot Drummer

The AP Rubric of Death

SharkThief's got insider advice about understanding the AP scoring rubric—and trust us, you're gonna want to read it. —Sparkitors Advanced Placement. Those two words strike terror into the hearts of countless students and leave them cowering behind their textbooks... More  →

Application Essay: Terrible Twilight

By Miss MarmNovember 8, 2010
Miss_Legit has a legit gripe with Twilight, and she doesn't care who knows it.

Question: Identify a significant global problem, issue or event which has appeared recently in major newspapers and about which you feel strongly.

... More  →
Application Essay: Terrible Twilight

14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

By Lauren PassellNovember 8, 2010
In a perfect world, you would be able to eat whatever you want in front of your crush (or anyone you're trying to impress) without worries of being judged or projectile vomiting into his front pocket. But let's get real: Raisins look like rabbit poop,... More  →
14 Foods Not to Eat In Front of Your Crush

How to Survive Gym Class Dodgeball

ez30yankee's tips just  might save your life—or at least your pride—next time dodgeball rears its ugly head. —Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, gym class is a hell designed especially with you in mind. It's... More  →