Skip over navigation

Four Types of Rude People

By ContributorJune 28, 2010
AllisonJY is angry, and we like her that way. —Sparkitors I’m not the nicest person around. I mean, I’ve never been the kind to turn the other cheek or be kind to people who don't deserve it. I am, however, polite to people who... More  →
Four Types of Rude People

How to Throw a Proper Pity Party

We don't really have any reason to throw a pity party, but Iamacelebrity23's shindig sounds like so much fun that we're going to do it anyway!— Sparkitors All of us have days when we feel totally hopeless about ever having a relationship.... More  →
How to Throw a Proper Pity Party

Archaeologists from the Distant Future Uncover Urban Outfitters Store

By Robert IsenbergJune 28, 2010
During a dig in the Lost City of New York, our team unearthed a buried building. On the outside, we found a sign reading "Urban Outfitters" in Ancient English. We believe we have uncovered a marketplace for clothing, ceremonial jewelry, and spiritual texts. After months of studying this... More  →
Archaeologists from the Distant Future Uncover Urban Outfitters Store

A Day in the Life of a Second-Generation Indian (in American Public School)

Not only did deepshikha_elric write an amazing A Day in the Life post, she introduced us to TMDL! —Sparkitors I've been seeing all this A Day in the Life of posts, and I keep wondering, where is the representation of us Indian... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Second-Generation Indian (in American Public School)

A Day in the Life of Soon-To-Graduate High School Senior

By ContributorJune 25, 2010
Congrats on (almost) graduating, NickDH! —Sparkitors Here's what life is like between the end of High School classes and formal graduation. 6 am: Roll over once in memory of having to get up this early. 9:30 am: Wake up to the sound... More  →
A Day in the Life of  Soon-To-Graduate High School Senior

Six Flags Great Adventure: The Happening

By Rachel KorowitzJune 25, 2010
Recently, the Sparkitors sent me (along with Boyfriend) to Six Flags Great Adventure. It is my pleasure to provide you with this time-stamped recap of that fateful, glorious Saturday. 8:03am: Call New Jersey Transit to check that the bus route we've chosen... More  →
Six Flags Great Adventure: The Happening <span class='sponsor_tag'>(sponsored)</span>

What It’s Like to Travel to...Phoenix, Arizona

We started sweating just reading this post by iplayharp. We're still sweating, actually. WILL THE HORROR NEVER END?— Sparkitors I live in Phoenix, Arizona, which is, above all, ridiculously hot. OK, maybe Death Valley, California, gets a few degrees warmer sometimes, but no... More  →
What It’s Like to Travel to...Phoenix, Arizona

A Day in the Life of a Polish School Student

lemmonberri's post made us think of pierogi. Nommmmmmms. —Sparkitors I’m a Sparkler living in a particular part of the United States where there is a large Polish population. A lot of Polish people means a lot of Polish schools! Unlike most of the schools... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Polish School Student

xXx_lola_xXx's Guide to Writing

xXx_lola_xXx, we're dying to know the name of your main character! —Sparkitors I love to write. But writing isn't easy—not for all of us, anyway. I've been writing one story for over a year, maybe even two. I've lost count. Since I began this story,... More  →
xXx_lola_xXx's Guide to Writing

Life According to Ginger: Earning Money to Go to School to Earn Money (Part 2)

One of my jobs is nannying. I earn a little less than minimum wage, but there are perks—like the parents paying me to take their offspring to Toy Story 3, and getting to spend all day lazing around. However, the boys I watch remind me... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Earning Money to Go to School to Earn Money (Part 2)