Menu

Your First Look at CINNA! (He's Wearing GOLD EYELINER!!!)

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 7, 2012
Butts, we now have only 16 DAYS until we get to meet Katniss "Come at Me, Bros" Everdeen, Gale "My Eyes Will Pierce Through Your Very Soul" Hawthorne, and Peeta "Hot Buns" Mellark on the big screen, and we gotta tell you: THE SUSPENSE IS... More  →
Your First Look at CINNA! (He's Wearing GOLD EYELINER!!!)

Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Love Students Like Your Own Children?

By Ms. DameMarch 6, 2012
Q. Do teachers ever love and take care of a student like their own child? If so, is that wrong? A. I can’t speak for all teachers, but I have to say that there are moments when I wish I could take one or two students... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Ever Love Students Like Your Own Children?

Five Things My Date Really, Actually Said

By ContributorMarch 6, 2012
alexsarcastic221 went to a ball, and the results were...awkward. —Sparkitors Three weeks until opening. That means I, and all the rest of the cast of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, have exactly three weeks to pull off... More  →
Five Things My Date Really, Actually Said

French Pop Playlist

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 6, 2012
Alison sent us this playlist of French Pop music and we just couldn't resist it. After all, everything sounds better in French, right? Well, better or more like a fungus, it kinda depends on the word. "Belles Belles Belles" by... More  →
French Pop Playlist

How Many Cavities Do You Have?

By EmmaMarch 6, 2012
In our day (January 6, 1802), brushing your teeth was not optional. Neither was eating M&Ms for breakfast or using soda for mouthwash. My, how things have changed! Apparently, evil parents are now literally letting their kids' teeth rot out of their heads.... More  →
How Many Cavities Do You Have?

VICTORY, THY NAME IS TEENS FOR JEANS

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 6, 2012
As you may have ascertained from the conspicuous lack of sweat stains on SparkLife yesterday, I am out of the office this week. In fact, I am on vacation in Colorado, drop-tackling huggable baby deers and batting my sweaty eyelashes at every handsome lumberjack within... More  →
VICTORY, THY NAME IS TEENS FOR JEANS

Music of the UK

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMarch 5, 2012
sydney8771 says... British music is seriously underrated in US. (Adele and Coldplay don’t count!) And although I’m not from the UK (I think I was switched at birth, and my wonderfully British parents are somewhere wondering why “their” daughter doesn’t like fish & chips),... More  →
Music of the UK

Ask a Teacher: Admissions Essays

By Mr. JungMarch 5, 2012
Q: I am a high school freshman, applying to the Columbia University Science Honors Program. It's a highly selective, math and science program that meets weekly in the city if I get in. The problem? There is an essay that I have no idea what I... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Admissions Essays

Want to Be a Writer But Can't Afford to Do an Unpaid Internship? Don't Despair!

By Melissa AlbertMarch 5, 2012
The best and ONLY way to not be a failed writer by 22 is to do lots and lots of unpaid internships while still in college, right? Well...not necessarily. Internships can be wonderful, but not everyone can afford to work for free. Don't give up hope... More  →
Want to Be a Writer But Can't Afford to Do an Unpaid Internship? Don't Despair!

What We Want to Name Our Office Dog

By Josh PeriloMarch 5, 2012
We really want an office dog. The kinda guy who'll eat our homework and steal our hearts. What would his name be? We’ve been brainstorming, and here’s what we’ve come up with so far: Spiderman: The Dog Lord Sir Reginald Tittlesworth, Esquire The Poop Machine Hims is a... More  →
What We Want to Name Our Office Dog