Skip over navigation

Combatting Homesickness (with Ridiculousness)

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 28, 2011
Homesickness is such a jerk. It catches you when you're caught off guard—on vacation, away at college, or when you move to a new town (we get homesick if we've been at the mall for a really long time). And it strikes at the most... More  →
Combatting Homesickness (with Ridiculousness)

Hosting a French Exchange Student: Part 2!

By ContributorFebruary 28, 2011
NarniaSparks just met the exchange student who'll be living with her for the next 3 weeks—and she's realized that she  may have bitten off more than she can chew!—Sparkitors “Let…go!” I yelled at the vacuum cleaner, wrenching my hair out of... More  →
Hosting a French Exchange Student: Part 2!

My French Adventure: Part 3!

By ContributorFebruary 28, 2011
You probably thought your math class was hard, but LadyM is learning calculus in FRENCH. Booyah.—Sparkitors Sparklers! I am currently sitting in a computer la—in France! And I am sososo thankful to have my laptop because... More  →
My French Adventure: Part 3!

Confessions of an RA: Pleasing the Parentals

By Lindsay PuvelFebruary 25, 2011
College is a big step…for parents. 18 years prior to our enthusiastic plunge from the nest, our moms were sticking headphones on their bellies and playing Mozart just so we’d have somewhere promising to land. As much as we’d rather concentrate on how nosy, overprotective,... More  →
Confessions of an RA: Pleasing the Parentals

Boy Hunt: A Brief History of Utter Humiliation

By ContributorFebruary 25, 2011
Hello, and welcome to another week of Geeraff’s success attempt at hunting talking to boys (the weirdest species I’ve ever encountered). Today will be a day of revelations. Today will be a day of history. Today will be a day of... More  →
Boy Hunt: A Brief History of Utter Humiliation

Celebrating the Non-Leap Year

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 25, 2011
Leap years were invented in 1093 A.D. when Copernicus decided that he’d had enough of the winter blahs and if he had to live through one more cold, grey February day, he would suffocate himself with his linen hood. As a result, February has only 28 days, except during leap More  →
Celebrating the Non Leap Year

The Jane Austen Dating School: Just Say "No" To Mansfield Park

We want to know why so many of our columnists are in theater, and why more than one has an on-stage kiss?! But we're getting ahead of ourselves—take it away, enthusiasm&austen! —Sparkitors

I’d like to start by handing out some

... More  →
 The Jane Austen Dating School: Just Say

How to Have a Lucid Dream

lyndsylou222 wants to help you maximize your dream life. We assume there's a Gordon-Levitt guarantee. –Sparkitors If you think that controlling your own dreams is only possible in Hollywood, think again. People frequently have lucid dreams, dreams where you realize you're dreaming... More  →
How to Have a Lucid Dream

Megan's Life Lessons: The Truth About Prom

By Megan PrietzelFebruary 25, 2011
Prom. Or promenade. Or, as I like to call it, Horrifying Death. For some, prom is the culmination of high school. You’ve looked forward to it, you’ve already carefully selected your attire, you’ve talked about it non-stop for practically ever and now…now you’re stressin’ about... More  →
Megan's Life Lessons: The Truth About Prom

Watson's Online Dating Profile

By Jon_SkindzierFebruary 25, 2011
If for some reason you don't drop what you're doing and sprint home to watch Jeopardy! every night, you may have missed the robot named Watson soundly annihilating humanity's two Jeopardy! champions. And if you're wondering why this matters, well, here's why: soon... More  →
Watson's Online Dating Profile