Skip over navigation

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 23, 2011
Last week's riddle, written by the Dagger herself, was revolutionary, unprecedented, and lots of other words that sound impressive. But it was nothing compared to the answers you unbelievably eloquent cats came up with; how did you get so SMART? Oh, right. By reading... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

The Best Skin Goops and Glops

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 22, 2011
The lovely Miss Marm has asked for a post on the best face goops and glops as an adjunct to our slideshow on getting shamazing skin before prom. She swears it's not because she's about to become Mrs. Marm and wants the advice... More  →
The Best Skin Goops and Glops

How To Escape a Terrible First Date

By Rachel KorowitzMarch 22, 2011
It started off badly: he showed up at your door, asked you for $30, and told you to sit in the back of the car because the "front seat is for winners only. NON-NEGOTIABLE." It got worse: his "chaper-mom-e" proceeded to do that weird lick-her-palm-and-plaster-down-his hair... More  →
How To Escape a Terrible First Date

The Hit List: Anberlin

By ContributorMarch 22, 2011
Metalhead865 is quickly becoming our go-to Mankler music expert!—Sparkitors When you think alternative rock, you probably think of bands like Green Day, Weezer, the Foo Fighters, and the White Stripes. When I think alternative rock, I automatically think of Florida fivesome Anberlin. Formed... More  →
The Hit List: Anberlin

Cooking with Shivani: Vegan Mac and Cheese

By ShivaniMarch 22, 2011
Shivani feeds fake cheese to her vegan pals. Now THAT'S friendship. —Sparkitors In the history of awful weeks, this one was pretty high on the list for me and my friends. Two of them got rejected from top choice colleges, another fell asleep while chewing gum... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Vegan Mac and Cheese

Are You Bored, Dull, and Woefully Uninformed? NOT ANYMORE.

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 22, 2011
So Chelsea Dagger was reclining in her beanbag chair and practicing her one-man play (tentatively titled "You May Call Me The Waffler") when she was struck by a brilliant idea: why not give you incorrigible Sparkleheads something impossibly exciting to read? Of course, "impossibly exciting"... More  →
Are You Bored, Dull, and Woefully Uninformed? NOT ANYMORE.

You Know You're From Botetourt County When...

By ContributorMarch 22, 2011
bmeganpikalvr12, how exactly do you pronounce "Botetourt"? —Sparkitors Botetourt County is located in Southwest Virginia. It's named after Lord Botetourt, the last king-appointed governor of Virginia. We have a lot of history here. This is how you know you're from Botetourt: Camo... More  →
You Know You're From Botetourt County When...

How to Start a Band And Enjoy A Meteoric Rise To Fame

By Melissa AlbertMarch 22, 2011
How can I become popular? How do I make boys/girls like me? What should I do with all these leather pants? The answer to all of these questions is the same: start a band. There's a reason that "I'm in a band" consistently outranks "Your... More  →
How to Start a Band And Enjoy A Meteoric Rise To Fame

Open Thread for March 22

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 22, 2011
This adorable guy belongs to ComeAndGetMeLoki, and he's got a puppy-dog stare that could melt even the iciest of hearts. Don't you just want to give him a hug?... More  →
Open Thread for March 22

New Sparkler Fiction: Holding On

By ContributorMarch 21, 2011
The popular Sparkler novel Unwhole is winding down, and we're not sure if we're going to run another Sparkler fiction series. While we make up our minds, check out this incredible excerpt from... More  →
New Sparkler Fiction: Holding On