Skip over navigation
Prom

I Go To....Stanford University

By ContributorMay 10, 2011
Caroline loves her school, and we can see why! —Sparkitors School: Stanford University Location: Palo Alto, California Size: About 6000 undergraduate and 8000 graduate Type: Private Number of majors offered: Seemingly everything, plus students can design their own major if they don’t find one that suits them. Here’s my... More  →
I Go To....Stanford University

Guide to Prom Etiquette

It can be hard to get direct answers about prom etiquette. Don't believe us? Look it up in the dictionary. Useless, right? Happily, we're here to answer all your prom etiquette questions, provided you go back in time and ask them while we were writing this slideshow. More  →
Can You Make Tonguing Jokes in College Orchestra?

How To Choose Between Colleges

By Jon_SkindzierMay 10, 2011
Unless you have a part-time after-school job as one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, choosing a college is likely the biggest decision of your life so far. Before you make your final choice, look past the obvious stuff each college has to offer, and... More  →
How To Choose Between Colleges

No Pulse, No Problem: Crushin' On Dead People

mysticjadeshoe tells you "how to hit it up with your dead homie!"—Sparkitors It's picture-perfect:  you and your crush are happily in love. You're set for life. You never want anyone else but him/her. The only problem? Your first date was in... More  →
No Pulse, No Problem: Crushin' On Dead People

Vacation In the Alps—Does It GET Any Better?

After a bit of a break, LadyM's French Adventure column is back—and it's about to make you SO jealous.—Sparkitors Ah, vacation. How I adore thee. Although I don't have any major qualms with French school, now that I've entered... More  →
Vacation In the Alps—Does It GET Any Better?

What to Eat When You're Too Busy to Eat

Shivani forgets to eat; your Sparkitors forget NOT to eat. —Sparkitors One of the great ironies in my life is that although I love food, I forget to eat it regularly. In times of particular stress—let’s say now—I am so consumed by thoughts of... More  →
What to Eat When You're Too Busy to Eat

The Graveyard Book

Lonks is more than 30% done—but is it cheating a bit to read a "children's" book?—Sparkitors Book #32: The Graveyard Book Author: Neil Gaiman Reason for Reading: I have a goal to eventually read every Nobel Prize winner, and I absolutely... More  →
The Graveyard Book

Holding On: Chapter 8

willwriteforhearts' suspenseful story just keeps getting better and better!—Sparkitors Monday. Today he’s coming. Today. Her little toy is coming today. I can barely stand the thought, fuming internally with the intensity of a heated furnace, stomping downstairs, purposefully loud. I mean really… Does she think of us at... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 8

You Know You're From Florida When...

alexthenotsogreat, you are hilarious. Now we know exactly how to fake Floridian status next time we visit our assorted elderly relatives! –Sparkitors Oh, good ol' Florida... It's not just a place with beaches and a multitude of fruit festivals. No, there is so much... More  →
You Know You're From Florida When...

My Best Friend's Prom Date

Lyra—who's in love with her bestie—is back with a bittersweet prom story! And we're still not sure what to think of James's behavior... Sparkitors I am... RAGINGLY JEALOUS. Okay, phew. Now let me explain: my first-ever prom was Saturday night, and I spent it extremely jealous... More  →
My Best Friend's Prom Date