Search Menu
Menu

Inappropriate Summertime Crushes

By Melissa AlbertJune 6, 2012
Unless you're starring in a movie musical about life on the boardwalk, your love life is about to get boring. All your school-year crushes are heading to lacrosse camp, or their basements, where they'll be playing Diablo III and developing scurvy till September. But... More  →
Inappropriate Summertime Crushes

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are ENGAGED??!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 6, 2012
Yes, you read that right. Liam Hemsworth, AKA Gale, AKA Brother of Thor, has officially proposed to 19-year-old Miley Cyrus, AKA Future Lindsey Lohan. We feel old. Like, really old. And we have to ask ourselves, why on Earth would Liam do this to himself?... More  →
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are ENGAGED??!

Non-Green Pet Peeves

By Jon_SkindzierJune 6, 2012
Being environmentally conscious is not easy for some people. Old folks, for example, grew up in an era where there was no such thing—you'd shovel some coal into your Chevy Land Barge and take a drive out into the country, and if... More  →
Non-Green Pet Peeves

Talie Gets Her Gun

By TalieJune 6, 2012
Have you ever had that moment when you’re being chased by intimidating henchmen of a top-secret branch of the government in their top-secret lab? And suddenly you hit a dead end and you realize  you're a goner? BUT THEN you realize that you have your trusty... More  →
Talie Gets Her Gun

Should the Bison Really Be America's National Mammal?

By Brandon SpecktorJune 5, 2012
We all know The United States of America has a national bird: the bald eagle, a.k.a. "The Bison Of The Skies." But old baldy may soon have some competition if a recent Senate bill passes, officially assigning the USA a national mammal as... More  →
Should the Bison Really Be America's National Mammal?

Blogging the B&N.com Must-Reads: Perfect

By ContributorJune 5, 2012
Okay, I know I promised you guys Dead to You by Lisa McMann, but I lied. Or, more accurately, I underestimated how popular it was (I’ve been on the hold list at my local library for three weeks now). So I decided to move on... More  →
Blogging the B&N.com Must-Reads: Perfect

How (and Why) You Should Love One Direction

I’m sure you’ve alllll heard the words “You’re insecure, don’t know what for,” and I know what you're thinking. No, I'm not just another 11 year old girl swooning over “You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful.” Really. No, I'm 16 years old swooning over a song called... More  →
How (and Why) You Should Love One Direction

5 Reasons To Quit Technology This Summer

My family has a summer home that has little or no wifi capability and no television, and as a result I have very limited access to the internet for two months out of the year. Most people that I tell about my techie shutdown are... More  →
5 Reasons To Quit Technology This Summer

Sad News: the Trololo Guy Died

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 5, 2012
It's time for your Sad News of the Day Update, Sparklers, so get your Teary-Eyed hats out. Eduard Khill, the dude who sings the highly entertaining "Trololo" song died Monday because of a stroke. The guy was 77 and could still trolo like a boss, so... More  →
Sad News: the Trololo Guy Died

How to Beach

By FayeJune 5, 2012
Whenever someone says they’ve never been to the beach before, I begin to formulate a brilliant plan in which I kidnap them and bring them to the shore so they can see what they’ve been missing. Now, normally my better judgment kicks in before I... More  →
How to Beach