Skip over navigation

The Real Origins of Thanksgiving

By ContributorNovember 22, 2010
flyergirl13's got some far-fetched theories about Thanksgiving, but we think she's right on about the PIE.—Sparkitors Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year: turkeys face their annual apocalypse as we stay home from school, snarf up food... More  →

How to Woo A Mankler

Apparently, harbingerofmuffins is also a harbinger of great and powerful knowledge—and he's giving it to you, free of charge.—Sparkitors I have seen many a great SparkLife guide on how to flirt with your crush, how to impress guys,... More  →

Battle of the Fruits!

icesk8rgrl0, does this apply to fruit-flavored candy as well? Cuz that's a conversation we can participate in. —Sparkitors We’ve all seen the advertisement: a guy in a giant fruit suit singing about the brand Fruit of the Loom. Or at least, I hope you... More  →
Battle of the Fruits!

Hanging Out with Jazzy: How to Make Everything Awkward

villanous_mwaha, aka Jazzy, is THE ORIGINAL SparkLife columnist! We must offer a word of caution about this post, though: Some of these suggestions could probably result in a detention. Just sayin'! —Sparkitors I recently created a little thing I like to call... More  →
Hanging Out with Jazzy: How to Make Everything Awkward

Essay Topics: Is Autism a Cliché?

By Miss MarmNovember 19, 2010
Writing an application essay is hard enough. Writing an application essay that stands out from the pack can seem impossible. Sparkler Anthony says:

I am really struggling with choosing the right topic/finding a central focus or theme for my college essay. I've

... More  →
Essay Topics: Is Autism a Cliché?

Guide to Annoying Friends: Part 1

By ContributorNovember 19, 2010
Annoying friends: can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em, cause they keep following you. Bookinsomnia can help! –Sparkitors We all have annoying friends. If you try to deny it, you're lying. Stop lying, it’s annoying! See? That's why we're not friends. Anyway, my... More  →
Guide to Annoying Friends: Part 1

8 Things I Learned by Moving to a City on My Own

We're glad you made it, Ayelet1991, and a little jealous thinking about how many languages you must speak by now! –Sparkitors After four years of living in Sweden as an IB student, I decided to move back to Israel, where I spent most... More  →
8 Things I Learned by Moving to a City on My Own

16 Reasons Why Elbows Are The Worst Things Ever

This post idea was a challenge, lucy_stop_flying, and you totally nailed it. –Sparkitors While reading the Writing For SparkLife FAQs, I noticed Sparkitor Emily had included a veeery interesting post suggestion, an idea so excellent I couldn’t believe no one had taken up the... More  →
16 Reasons Why Elbows Are The Worst Things Ever

Bad Metaphors and Similes: Thanksgiving Edition

By Rachel KorowitzNovember 18, 2010
Once upon a time, the glorious Splogger known as Jon Skindzier waxed hilarious about some of the worst ways to use metaphors and similies. In the spirit of the Turkeytime, we're taking Jon's idea and seeing what happens when you combine... More  →
Bad Metaphors and Similes: Thanksgiving Edition

The Think Tank: Blondes Really Do Have More Fun

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 18, 2010
You know when you harbor an unspoken, unrequited love for someone for years, and you build a reasonably-sized (read: enormous) shrine in their honor, and you write them ridiculous love poems with lines like "You are the butter to my microwaved broccoli"? And then, one... More  →