Skip over navigation

My Crush is a Platonic Girl-Crush

By ContributorJuly 29, 2010
qooqooquail, you totally left off Justin Bieber! Oh, wait.... —Sparkitors Of all the My Crush posts I’ve seen, none of them are dedicated to that other kind of crush: crushes on girls! They’re just like man-crushes or bro-mances (Dan Bergstein and... More  →
My Crush is a Platonic Girl-Crush

What To Do When a Stranger Touches You

By ContributorJuly 29, 2010
How jtjuvenile can actually make us laugh while writing about such a serious subject, we have no idea. —Sparkitors You’re in a crowded bus packed with bodies. Hands and legs are dangling all over the place, human beings occupy every nook and cranny. When... More  →
What To Do When a Stranger Touches You

Things That SHOULD Come With Your Tent

By Pete CroattoJuly 29, 2010
Though camping sounds great in theory—like communism or Jake Gyllenhaal: action star—it can be massively annoying in practice. Spending three days with no running water, zero electricity, and the lurking danger of Big Foot would be considerably less awful (or a thousand times worse) if... More  →
Things That SHOULD Come With Your Tent

Dan Hacks Into Santa's Diary

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 29, 2010
It’s 90 degrees outside and the air smells like sunscreen and firework smoke. What better time to discuss Santa Claus and Halloween? The wonderful Jasmine (aka villainous_mwaha) and the wonderful Miss Marm were chatting about Santa and what he does on October 31st.... More  →
Dan Hacks Into Santa's Diary

Benefits of Ordering Off the Kids' Menu

By ContributorJuly 28, 2010
epicality, how old do you think is too old for the kids menu? Could the Sparkitors do it? We're sold on the idea. —Sparkitors Sparklers, I have a confession: I am 15 years old, and I still order off of the kids' menu at... More  →
Benefits of Ordering Off the Kids' Menu

Hating You Is A Lot Like Falling In Love

By ContributorJuly 28, 2010
Kolizzle, we totally understand where you're coming from. WHY CAN'T WE QUIT YOU, BIEBER?—Sparkitors Today’s celebrities fit into three categories: Those we love, those we hate, and those we wish we could hate more. Now, those first two categories... More  →
Hating You Is A Lot Like Falling In Love

What Your Burrito Says About You

By Sean BombadilJuly 28, 2010
The food scientists here at SparkLife have done extensive, extremely unreliable research to answer one of the most important questions of all time: what, exactly, does your burrito say about you? Read on for our decidedly inconclusive findings, and prepare to have your world ROCKED. 1. Rice and... More  →
What Your Burrito Says About You

How to Survive Junior High

By ContributorJuly 27, 2010
We love this post by embracethecheese, but we didn't know there were any 6th grade Sparklers out there! Are you there, you beautiful munchkins? Speak up in the comments! —Sparkitors As the new school year approaches, the very youngest Sparklers will face the Tremendous... More  →
How to Survive Junior High

Bad Dinner Table Conversation Topics

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 27, 2010
One of life's most uncomfortable sounds—falling somewhere between Chalkboard Fingernails and The Chittering Noise Insects Make In Movies—is the Dinner Silence. Whether you're at a nice restaurant or your girlfriend's parents' dining room, the longer you sit there surrounded by clinky silverware and awkward, polite coughs,... More  →
Bad Dinner Table Conversation Topics

Common Misconceptions About Deaf People

By ContributorJuly 27, 2010
Thanks so much for this incredible article, Staresinspace!—Sparkitors Hi, it's me again! You probably remember me from the Day in the Life of a Deaf Student post. In the comments, I noticed a lot of questions about deafness in general, so... More  →
Common Misconceptions About Deaf People