Search Menu
Menu

Play-Writing and Awkward Situations

By ContributorMay 3, 2012
Talie is back in class and ready with a whole new bucket of awkward! —Sparkitors Hello my dearest, darlingist, most WONDERFUL Aparklers ever!! Guess where I’m writing/typing this? College. Yes, COLLEGE. I have finally returned to the... More  →
Play-Writing and Awkward Situations

Adventures in Sand Surfing

The secret is out. I’m actually an extreme sports junkie. I spent last Saturday trekking across the desert, looking for snakes to fight. And I didn’t wear sunscreen. All right, now that my mother has fainted, I’ll tell you how I really spent last Saturday. The... More  →
Adventures in Sand Surfing

A Sparkler Sums Up Current Events!

Hi y’all. How’s everyone doing? Good? Good. Allow me to start with an anecdote: I was sitting in Close-up class last year (for those of you who don’t know, Close-up is a current events class), and the teacher asked who had watched the State of... More  →
A Sparkler Sums Up Current Events!

What to Write in Your Secret Crush's Yearbook

By Janet ManleyMay 3, 2012
"I can’t believe we’re graduating. Before flying cars were invented." "I wish we were both stupiderer so we could do this year over. One last hurraher." "Remember when we made rocking chairs in woodshop class? I have a confession: I hate woodshop class. In fact, the only... More  →
What to Write in Your Secret Crush's Yearbook

Ask Jono: How To Find the Nice Guys

By Jon_SkindzierMay 2, 2012
Dear Jono, First off, I would like to thank you in advance for helping me solve my problems. I love your posts! Well my question is fairly simple: How do you find a nice guy? I feel like only jerks are attracted to... More  →
Ask Jono: How To Find the Nice Guys

The Weirdest Things to Doodle When You're Bored

By Melissa AlbertMay 2, 2012
Sometimes you're bored in class, and you begin to doodle. And sometimes your brain turns off, and your hand keeps moving. And every once in a while, you snap back to consciousness, see what you've written, and want to yell "GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN!" at your own hand.... More  →
The Weirdest Things to Doodle When You're Bored

What Is This Robot Thinking?

By Emily WinterMay 2, 2012
Here are some ideas: I can't reach the third motor controller on my communications panel. Can you give it a scratch? Stop looking at my infrared sensor breast plate. No, I haven't seen Cabin in the Woods yet. Please stop yammering about it, YOU BUTT. You don't even have... More  →
What Is This Robot Thinking?

The Media Thinks You're Drinking Purell

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 2, 2012
First they came for the vanilla extract. Then it was the Nyquil. Demi Moore reminded us of the dangers of canned whipped cream. There was i-Dosing. Something about nutmeg? And don't even get us started on that whole disgusting tampons-in-vodka thing. (If you... More  →
The Media Thinks You're Drinking Purell

How To Meet His Parents

By ContributorMay 2, 2012
Faye and Ash make the next big relationship move ... will it be awkward? -- Sparkitors Meeting your boyfriend’s parents. It’s right up there with going to the dentist and taking final exams. Now normally, a couple might wait years before... More  →
How To Meet His Parents

Should You Follow Your Mom's Advice?

By Janet ManleyMay 2, 2012
Moms love to help and give advice. When you got your finger stuck in the door at age five, she had a plan. When you overate pineapple and your tongue went numb at age 11, she was there with a remedy. When you rode the... More  →
Should You Follow Your Mom's Advice?