Search Menu
Menu

The Best Advice My Mom Ever Gave Me

By Chrissie GruebelMay 8, 2012
When I was little, I used to fight with my older sister. A lot. Like, one time? She and I were playing rockstar or something, and she was singing into a box cutter. No, I don't know where my parents were and no, they didn't... More  →
The Best Advice My Mom Ever Gave Me

May Horoscopes

By Jon_SkindzierMay 7, 2012
The winds of change are blowing, Aries, but unfortunately that's only because a nearby bank exploded, so wear a helmet if you venture outdoors, and carry a large bag with a dollar sign on it. You are destined for prosperity, but that's only because your school bus will break More  →
May Horoscopes

When My Mom Texts

By SissyMay 7, 2012
Because my mom is all about being my BFF, she likes to do everything I do (actually, she does things she thinks I do, but which I’m actually too cool for). She buys flared jeans, watches “The Voice,” and dismisses annoying things with a quick... More  →
When My Mom Texts

Moms vs. Teens: A Lexicon of Misunderstanding

By Melissa AlbertMay 7, 2012
Mom superpowers include supersonic hearing, the ability to see through their children's BS, and a couple of cute vests from the 80s hidden somewhere in their closets. But it's the hearing that's really impressive. Here are a few examples of how mom... More  →
 Moms vs. Teens: A Lexicon of Misunderstanding

The Hit List: Jonathan Coulton

By ContributorMay 7, 2012
As my answer to Metalhead's call for more Hit List posts, I give you internet super-star Jonathan Coulton. You may already know of his work: he's the guy who wrote Still Alive for the game Portal, then Want You Gone for... More  →
The Hit List: Jonathan Coulton

Ain't No Party Like an Anti-Prom Party

Metalhead fills us in on his totally rockin' weekend, which included dangerous amounts of cream soda and dancing. We're surprised he made it out alive.—Sparkitors Well, Prom came and Prom went, and I didn't go. But I made the weekend extremely... More  →
Ain't No Party Like an Anti-Prom Party

The Perks of Being a Collegiate Loner

Let’s get one thing straight: I am in no way against having friends. I enjoy the perks of collegiate loner-ness, but I wouldn’t mind a companion or two either. This post was written mainly to remind the collegiate loners (and loners in general) that being... More  →
The Perks of Being a Collegiate Loner

5 Reasons Why Summer Isn't So Great

If you find it increasingly difficult to roll out of bed in the mornings, or you often have the overwhelming desires to strip off most your clothes and jump into the nearest standing body of water, or you just want to sit around and do... More  →
5 Reasons Why Summer Isn't So Great

Empty: A Sparkler Book Review!

By ContributorMay 4, 2012
The book: Empty by Suzanne Weyn The plot: The year is 2022—ten years from now. Oil reserves worldwide are growing more scarce by the minute. Gas and items that require oil to be produced are becoming more and more expensive. Travelling by plane is... More  →
Empty: A Sparkler Book Review!