Search Menu
Menu

Things You Shouldn't Attempt Yourself

By Lucy HutchinsonMay 1, 2012
It is fairly obvious that there are some things you shouldn't do unless you are a trained professional. Open heart surgery, for example, or fire juggling; if you find yourself requiring either of these things in your everyday life, it's best to call on someone... More  →
Things You Shouldn't Attempt Yourself

Would You Rather: Dating Edition

By SissyMay 1, 2012
Sitting around the lunch table gets a whole lot more interesting and exciting when someone suggests a rousing game of “Would You Rather…” Since we all know love and lust are everyone’s favorite topics, we've made a great little list of love-ly topics. Would you... More  →
Would You Rather: Dating Edition

B&N.com Teen Must-Reads: Does Hunger Games Make the Grade?

By ContributorMay 1, 2012
It's part 3 of dac's new series, and she's about to tackle a very familiar title...—Sparkitors Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Synopsis: Do I really need to summarize it? Has one of y’all has been living under a rock... More  →
B&N.com Teen Must-Reads: Does Hunger Games Make the Grade?

10 Things to Expect from Season 2 of BBC's Sherlock

By ContributorMay 1, 2012
Season 2 of BBC's Sherlock is finally hitting the United States May 6th, on PBS. May the fan-rejoicing commence! If you don't know what Sherlock is... you poor soul, please do yourself a favor and go watch Season 1. If you've watched both Season 1... More  →
10 Things to Expect from Season 2 of BBC's Sherlock

Final Dark Knight Rises Trailer Debuts. Pick Up Your Jaw!

By Eric GarneauMay 1, 2012
Two minutes and twenty seconds of WHAT?! And OMG. And DID THAT SERIOUSLY JUST HAPPEN FOR REAL?! That is the only way to describe the final Dark Knight Rises trailer, which debuted last night after fans scoured the globe putting it together frame-by-frame as part... More  →
Final Dark Knight Rises Trailer Debuts. Pick Up Your Jaw!

The Weirdest Standardized Test Question Ever

By kat_rosenfieldApril 30, 2012
Are you familiar with animal psychology, vegetable fashion trends, and standard operating procedures when confronted with combative, loquacious tropical fruits? No? Ha! Ha, ha! FAILURE. ...Or at least, that's what the New York State Board of Education seems to think of all the students who were... More  →
The Weirdest Standardized Test Question Ever

Five MORE Albums I'm Really Excited For

By ContributorApril 30, 2012
Yes, Sparklers, there's music out there that's actually worth listening to (as opposed to Justin Beiber's latest hit.) I did a post on five albums that I was really excited for back in January, and most of those albums turned out... More  →
Five MORE Albums I'm Really Excited For

College Movie Clichés That Actually Happen

You know how sometimes, you see things in movies, and can’t help but think, “No. Absolutely not. There’s no way that ever happens in real life”? Well, most of the cinematic clichés about college life turn out to be based in reality. For example: 1. Toga... More  →
College Movie Clichés That Actually Happen

How to Master the Stay-at-Home Summer

So you’re not jetting off to Milan this summer? You weren't accepted into some obnoxiously intense six-week athletic program? You haven't even got an excruciatingly dull family vacation to South Dakota to look forward to? It’s entirely possible that many of you aren't bothered by the... More  →
How to Master the Stay-at-Home Summer

Dudes, Do NOT Dedicate These Love Songs to Your Crush

By Melissa AlbertApril 30, 2012
A guy with a guitar thinks he can get away with saying anything. But just because you put a back-beat to it, doesn't mean it's what a girl wants to hear. We will run away laughing (or, in one case, crying) from any guy who... More  →
Dudes, Do NOT Dedicate These Love Songs to Your Crush