Search Menu
Menu

10 Reasons We Can't Wait to See Snow White and the Huntsman

By Chelsea DaggerMay 29, 2012
That's 96 hours, 5,760 minutes, and an incalculable number of seconds (I'm a Sparkitor, dammit, not a mathematician) until Snow White and the Huntsman thunders into theaters and consumes your beating heart (that last part will be much more fun than it sounds, trust me). Here More  →
10 Reasons We Can't Wait to See Snow White and the Huntsman

The 10 Best and Worst Gifts to Send to Your Long-Distance Boyfriend

By FayeMay 29, 2012
Girlfriends are so easy to shop for. You just have to get them the usual things—flowers, chocolates, promises you don’t intend to keep—and they’ll be happy. It’s much more difficult to find the perfect gift to send to your boyfriend. That’s why I’m here! It’s... More  →
The 10 Best and Worst Gifts to Send to Your Long-Distance Boyfriend

How to Write a Non-Cheesy Fantasy Novel

By ContributorMay 29, 2012
Come on, don’t tell me you haven’t looked at a favorite fantasy novel and thought, “I could do that.” I don’t remember why I started, but it’s been almost five years since I began my first novel, and I’ve learned a thing or two since... More  →
How to Write a Non-Cheesy Fantasy Novel

Teen Jailed for Missing School?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 29, 2012
Beware, all ye school skippers out there: it turns out you can go to jail for missing school! Diane Tran found that out the hard way after racking up more than ten unexcused absences at her Texas high school. Tran is an honors student. She takes... More  →
Teen Jailed for Missing School?

The Most Annoying "Mary Sues" in Fiction

By Melissa AlbertMay 29, 2012
Most often found lurking in fan fiction, Mary Sue inspires rage in all who read her. Afflicted with such traits as unflinching goodness, inexplicable sex appeal, and comically overwritten good looks, Mary Sue is often the character the author wishes... More  →
The Most Annoying "Mary Sues" in Fiction

What Your Profile Picture Says About You

By Jon_SkindzierMay 28, 2012
Your profile image is some variation of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster, which was designed in 1939 because flustered Englishmen were dropping their monocles and eating crumpets with their hands instead of with a crumpet fork. But Nazis were no excuse for churlishness, a More  →
What Your Profile Picture Says About You

There May Not Be Unicorns, But At Least There's the FRIWARDS!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 25, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS, BUTTS: IT'S FRIDAY! And sure, it's miserable and rainy outside, but our hearts are bright and sunny on the inside! Why, you ask? Because it's a looooooonnng... More  →
There May Not Be Unicorns, But At Least There's the FRIWARDS!

Blogging Disney: 12 Questions About Alice in Wonderland

By Scott GreenstoneMay 25, 2012
One of the hard things about writing this series is that I never know how Sparklers feel about each movie. Do they like this movie or do they hate it? Will they judge me if I say I wish Bambi's Dad was my dad? And... More  →
Blogging Disney: 12 Questions About Alice in Wonderland

TURTLE FACTS: The Glorious Return!

By reidfaylorMay 25, 2012
My dear Reiders, it has finally arrived: the glorious return of Turtle Facts! For a long while, I shared the terrible burden of my turtle-centric knowledge with you, gave you a glimpse into the turtle-unknown, and shared life’s many subtle yet beautiful turtle-secrets.... More  →
TURTLE FACTS: The Glorious Return!

Ask Jono: How To Approach Guys

By Jon_SkindzierMay 25, 2012
Hi Jono! So I read some of your advice, and it's actually good! (Most of my guy friends aren't very good at it.) So I thought I would ask this question that's been bothering me for SO long: So i'm a sophomore in... More  →
Ask Jono: How To Approach Guys