Skip over navigation

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Theme Parties!

By ContributorDecember 30, 2010
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from studying at a state university, it’s that people love a good theme party. My Monday morning brunches are often filled with friends’ tales of creative costumes. At college, there seem to be certain, standard, go-to themes—think Toga Party... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Theme Parties!

How to Deal with Evil Teachers

There's no better way to prepare for the new year than with Aisling_Queen_of_Sarcasm's guide to handling the inevitable—horrible teachers. —Sparkitors Silence engulfs the classroom. The seconds tick by with a torturous slowness. Sweat gathers over your brows. Your fingers twitch with nervous anticipation. Suddenly, there... More  →
How to Deal with Evil Teachers

Surviving Your APUSH Class

oneandonlybit90's guide might be your only hope for makin' it through APUSH alive.—Sparkitors Cue dramatic lighting, the smoke machine, and the band kids you paid to dress up as demons: it's the dreaded AP U.S. History class (commonly known as APUSH) coming to suck... More  →
Surviving Your APUSH Class

Terrible New Year's Resolutions

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 30, 2010
Everyone's going on about their inspiring resolutions—all, "I'm going to run a 10K," and "I'm going to do more volunteer work," and "I'm going to invent a universal language that lets the people of the world communicate in tones of peace and mutual... More  →
Terrible New Year's Resolutions

Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em: Things That I Both Love and Hate

By ContributorDecember 29, 2010
ecm8 needs to make up her mind—now WE can't decide if we like Christmas!—Sparkitors We've all got 'em: the things we can't stand to live without—and we sort of can't stand, period. They're a part of our everyday lives,... More  →
Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em: Things That I Both Love and Hate

Blogging My Boy Diet: All the World's a Kiss with Creepy Ginger?

Talie, CONGRATS!!! —Sparkitors All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS its winter break. That means NO Diva (my enemy), NO Creepy Ginger (her boyfriend), and NO Drummer Boy (my non-crush). Exactly what I need. But before break, something interesting happened. Well, I mean it's... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: All the World's a Kiss with Creepy Ginger?

The Top 10 Things That Shouldn’t Be on a Year-End List

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 29, 2010
As we close in on December 31, you can feel the list-makers start to twitch with excitement. Watch as they churn out titles like, "The Biggest Events/Bloopers/Memorable Moments/Most Viral Posts of the Year." Or "The Best Albums/Books/Movies of the past 12 months." Or "The Ten... More  →
The Top 10 Things That Shouldn’t Be on a Year-End List

A Sparkler's New Year's Resolutions

Reading this post made us wish we lived in England, just so we could watch trashy TV shows with JazzPanda.—Sparkitors If you're anything like me, you've spent a lot of time recently sitting on your couch watching... More  →
A Sparkler's New Year's Resolutions

One-Hour Christmas Cleanup

By Jon_SkindzierDecember 29, 2010
Christmas is great and all, but after it's over, your house is full of stuff that suddenly has no use whatsoever. There's a tree in your living room, which in July would be cause to call an emergency lumberjack, and you now own a bunch... More  →
One-Hour Christmas Cleanup

My Hipster Resolution

By ContributorDecember 28, 2010
~ArtotheEm~ has big plans for the new year; if she follows her schedule to a T, she'll be a true-blue hipster for sure!—Sparkitors 2010 is almost over—which means we all have to start thinking about resolutions for 2011. This... More  →
My Hipster Resolution