Skip over navigation

How to Make your Latest Catchphrase Blow Up

By Ashley SpencerJuly 21, 2010
Believe it or not, there was a time when people walked up to their “peeps” and told them“ you da bomb.” Now, in 2010, these words seem archaic and beyond lame. Who came up with this shiz (another one!)? Apparently, slang doesn’t even have to... More  →
How to Make your Latest Catchphrase Blow Up

Swedish Fish: The Perfect Snack Bar Food

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 21, 2010
Swimming and snack bars go together like Batman and Robin or leopards and our friend Josh (Josh really likes leopards). Most swimming pools have a snack bar. But the choices can be overwhelming, running the gamut from ice cream to hot dogs. You don’t want... More  →
Swedish Fish: The Perfect Snack Bar Food

How To Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 3: Poetry

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 20, 2010
This is the third in a series of posts that will basically make you perfect at everything by the end of the summer. Or show you how to fake being perfect. Whichever. Today's Topic: (Writing) Poetry. Q: So what's this "poetry" all the attractive celebrities are talking... More  →
How To Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 3: Poetry

The 10 Best Birthday Presents Ever

By ContributorJuly 20, 2010
ilovemarcandre29, we're pretty sure that a bar of soap would make even Harry Potter grimace, and he once got a toothpick for his b-day.— Sparkitors We've all gotten those awful birthday presents: the lame kitten sweaters, the bag of underwear, and the occasional wrapped... More  →
The 10 Best Birthday Presents Ever

Are You Having the Summer of Your Life?

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 20, 2010
You're having an amazing summer—but is it the best summer of your life? To find out, answer these questions. Have you beaten Joey "Jaws" Chestnut, three-time defending champion of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, in downing frankfurters? Have you fallen in love at... More  →
Are You Having the Summer of Your Life?

The 5 Types of Top Bunk Inhabitants

By Lucy HutchinsonJuly 20, 2010
When life gives you lemons, you can make lemonade, or lemon chicken, or lemon meringue pie, or all three in a glorious, lemony feast. When life gives you the bottom bunk bed, there's not much you can do except lie awake, seething with rage and... More  →
The 5 Types of Top Bunk Inhabitants

Fiction Writing: How To Create a Main Character

Thanks for all the great tips, RainOnMe797!— Sparkitors Writing seems so difficult. Even when you have your story, setting, or background developed, there are always those pesky little things called characters to work out! It can be insanely aggravating... More  →
Fiction Writing: How To Create a Main Character

Blogging the Softball Experience of a Klutz

Lyndseylove, we totally feel ya. People used to run for cover when we came to bat. And that was t-ball.— Sparkitors I am not a coordinated person. Seriously.  My cerebellum, that nice thing that resides in our brains and keeps most of us upright,... More  →
Blogging the Softball Experience of a Klutz

Four Types of Epiphanies

By ContributorJuly 19, 2010
We just had an epiphany: one25centpeice is AWESOME.— Sparkitors We all have them: those mind-blowing moments of realization that either bring us great happiness or make us feel like a total idiots. The most common... More  →
Four Types of Epiphanies

Life According to Ginger: So. Bored.

By ContributorJuly 19, 2010
It's the middle of the summer, and I'm bored out of my mind. I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't have a job. Each week, I work 40 hours and sleep about 50; that leaves 78 hours in which I'm... More  →
Life According to Ginger: So. Bored.