Search Menu
Menu

The Weirdest Things to Doodle When You're Bored

By Melissa AlbertMay 2, 2012
Sometimes you're bored in class, and you begin to doodle. And sometimes your brain turns off, and your hand keeps moving. And every once in a while, you snap back to consciousness, see what you've written, and want to yell "GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN!" at your own hand.... More  →
The Weirdest Things to Doodle When You're Bored

What Is This Robot Thinking?

By Emily WinterMay 2, 2012
Here are some ideas: I can't reach the third motor controller on my communications panel. Can you give it a scratch? Stop looking at my infrared sensor breast plate. No, I haven't seen Cabin in the Woods yet. Please stop yammering about it, YOU BUTT. You don't even have... More  →
What Is This Robot Thinking?

The Media Thinks You're Drinking Purell

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 2, 2012
First they came for the vanilla extract. Then it was the Nyquil. Demi Moore reminded us of the dangers of canned whipped cream. There was i-Dosing. Something about nutmeg? And don't even get us started on that whole disgusting tampons-in-vodka thing. (If you... More  →
The Media Thinks You're Drinking Purell

How To Meet His Parents

By ContributorMay 2, 2012
Faye and Ash make the next big relationship move ... will it be awkward? -- Sparkitors Meeting your boyfriend’s parents. It’s right up there with going to the dentist and taking final exams. Now normally, a couple might wait years before... More  →
How To Meet His Parents

Should You Follow Your Mom's Advice?

By Janet ManleyMay 2, 2012
Moms love to help and give advice. When you got your finger stuck in the door at age five, she had a plan. When you overate pineapple and your tongue went numb at age 11, she was there with a remedy. When you rode the... More  →
Should You Follow Your Mom's Advice?

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Wear Less Helmets!

By reidfaylorMay 2, 2012
Some really tough questions in this week's batch! Thankfully I was here; I'm pretty sure I guided people in the right direction. Again, if I didn't answer your question, here's a general, all-purpose piece of advice: most people will trust anyone dressed as a police... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Wear Less Helmets!

I Was a Teenage Bird-Watcher

By ContributorMay 2, 2012
There comes a time in all of our lives when, looking around, we are forced to re-evaluate the choices that led us to our present circumstances. That is to say, we wonder what the heck we’re doing. That point came for me at 4 a.m. in... More  →
I Was a Teenage Bird-Watcher

10 More Badass Men of Literature

By Molly HoranMay 2, 2012
As so many of you pointed out in the comments of my original Badass Men of Literature post, there's a lot more than ten guys that need to be given props for their bravery and general awesomeness. Now the question is,... More  →
10 More Badass Men of Literature

10 Things My Mom Always Always Says

By Lauren PassellMay 1, 2012
What better way to kick off our Mother's Day celebration than with some mom-ish quotes!? 1. I need another coat like I need a hole in my head. You would think this means she doesn't need a new coat, but she always says it right before... More  →
10 Things My Mom Always Always Says

Are You Frightened, Sparklers? Not Nearly Frightened Enough.

By Chelsea DaggerMay 1, 2012
Today seemed like the perfect opportunity to bust out that good ol' Aragorn quote—because if ever there was a time for all of us to put on our "I'M GREATLY A'FEARED" capri pants, that time is now. The tales you butts submitted in... More  →
Are You Frightened, Sparklers? Not Nearly Frightened Enough.