Search Menu
Menu

TRAILER ALERT: Rock of Ages

By Chelsea DaggerJune 11, 2012
My favorite part about this trailer (aside from the amazing music, the incredible cast, and TOM CRUISE GETTIN' HIS ROCKSTAR ON) is the line that Alec Baldwin's character, Dennis Dupree, utters about 20 seconds in: "This place is about to become a sea... More  →
TRAILER ALERT: Rock of Ages

Children's Books That Never Get Old

By ContributorJune 11, 2012
Summer is a great time to sit down and read books that don't require much thought (though I suppose if you want to whip out your copy of The Three Musketeers, go for it). Now, I love mindless YA novels just as much as the... More  →
Children's Books That Never Get Old

10 Badass Women Of Classic Literature

By Molly HoranJune 11, 2012
Badass women seem to be everywhere this summer. The Black Widow is kicking all sorts of butt in The Avengers, the heroine of Brave is showing off her archery skills while some how managing to keep her massive (awesome) hair... More  →
10 Badass Women Of Classic Literature

In Defense of Paranormal Teen Romance

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 11, 2012
Paranormal teen romance novels are hard to defend. A teenage time-traveling vampire girl falls in love with a suspiciously beautiful dude with a dark past? A mermaid with violet eyes has dreams of a ghost girl whose murder was never solved? An already-dead girl falls... More  →
In Defense of Paranormal Teen Romance

The Book That Changed My Life: ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac

By RG DanielsJune 11, 2012
When I was 15, I got heavily into music and movies. There was something about the creative process that mystified me. I was very curious by how something was made, how a person sat down and just created something with his/her imagination. This curiosity led... More  →
The Book That Changed My Life: ON THE ROAD by Jack Kerouac

Watch the Live Stream of DoSomething.Org's Social Change BOOT CAMP!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 9, 2012
What's this?! A post on a Saturday?!? INCONCEIVABLE! As you butts well know, us Sparkitors are a bunch of lazy taters, and there are very few people that could get us to do actual work on a weekend. A... More  →
Watch the Live Stream of DoSomething.Org's Social Change BOOT CAMP!

The Friday Awards: It's Time to Tour the Dungeons

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 8, 2012
Sparklers, we regret to inform you that no one was able to correctly decode last week's secret message (though there were a few hilarious attempts). Not even after we gave you a clue.... More  →
The Friday Awards: It's Time to Tour the Dungeons

How to Make Banana Pancakes

By ShivJune 8, 2012
Is it possible to get a summer hangover? Like you have so much unfettered fun and stay up all hours of the day and end up so burned out as to feel physically ill? I think I may have one. I woke up today without plans... More  →
How to Make Banana Pancakes

Horror Movie Review: The Descent 1 and 2

By ContributorJune 8, 2012
One of the many observations that I’ve made since I joined as a Splurker a few millennia ago is this: Blogging and Review series have become as much a component of everyday-Sparklife as the Punishment Salmon, Gary’s comment-eating, and the Writers Wars. Usually, these blogs... More  →
Horror Movie Review: The Descent 1 and 2

Blogging Disney: Lady and the Tramp

By Scott GreenstoneJune 8, 2012
Alright, it's time to get real; I don't like dog movies. I'm sorry. I never have. They always bother me slightly and fail to connect with me emotionally. Why make a movie about dogs when you can make a movie about pirates and Indians and... More  →
Blogging Disney: Lady and the Tramp