Skip over navigation

The Little Prince

By ContributorJune 28, 2011
Lonks takes on a childhood classic!—Sparkitors Book #41: The Little Prince Author (and Illustrator): Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Reason for Reading: This is my best friend’s favorite childhood book, and she was completely appalled when I told her that I had never... More  →
The Little Prince

6 Reasons Why Glee Is Actually Not That Great

SunBrightSparrow is about to set off a lot of metaphorical bombs. TAKE COVER, GLEE FANS.—Sparkitors I’m going to say something that I fear is going to make me really unpopular: Glee is just not that good. Now, I didn’t always think this. I... More  →
6 Reasons Why Glee Is Actually Not That Great

New Series Alert: WRITER WARS!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 28, 2011
Sparklers, what's the one thing you love MOST in this world? No, don't say "butts." Don't say "Dan Bergstein," either. Or "bacon." Or "a to-scale bacon replica of Dan Bergstein's butt." In fact, just stop guessing; we'll tell you what you love most in the world;... More  →
New Series Alert: WRITER WARS!

The Sparkler's Guide to Yearbook Signatures

Longer_Than_Forever hopes you have a great summer and will see you next fall. She's just much more stylish about saying it. –Sparkitors As the school year comes to an end, you may suddenly find yourself in possession of a yearbook. While the pictures will... More  →
The Sparkler's Guide to Yearbook Signatures

Open Thread for June 28

By SparkLifeJune 28, 2011

I Wish I Was In Dublin submitted this sweet birthday pic for her pal Don'tWorryBeHappy. We're a little late in publishing it, but better late than never, right? Happy Belated B-day!

... More  →
Open Thread for June 28

How to Love the Beach as a Non-Beach Lover

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 27, 2011
In this world, there are two kinds of people: mountain people (not to be confused with hillbillies) and beach people. I am a mountain person. Which doesn't mean that I don't like the beach or that I won't invite myself to a friend's... More  →
How to Love the Beach as a Non-Beach Lover

11 Reasons to Roller Skate

By ContributorJune 27, 2011
Dumblydorr wants you to get off your butt and strap wheels to your feet. It's a dangerous idea, and we fully support it.—Sparkitors Bored with summer already? Looking for a really cool activity that doesn't involve rewatching Doctor Who... More  →
11 Reasons to Roller Skate

The World Needs More Mermaids. (Yes, Mermaids.)

FaylinnNorse is president of the Mermaid Fan Club. She is also Vice President, and Treasurer. And Secretary General.—Sparkitors I'm writing order to bring up what I feel is a very important issue: mermaids. You're probably giving me weird looks right... More  →
The World Needs More Mermaids. (Yes, Mermaids.)

Why I'm Episcopalian and Proud of It!

CrazyWriter17 celebrates her religion, with a little help from her friend Robin Williams. –Sparkitors Religion is a tricky subject. All around me, more and more people are declaring themselves atheists. I can definitely see why: almost every day on TV, you can see some... More  →
Why I'm Episcopalian and Proud of It!

How Not To Hate Your Siblings

TanTanTheLadiesMan brings his legendary wisdom to the sibling front.—Sparkitors If you've got brothers or sisters, I can pretty much guarantee that at one point, you've dropped to your knees, shaken your fists at the heavens, and screamed furiously into... More  →
How Not To Hate Your Siblings