Skip over navigation

The Best Of SparkLife: Quotes Edition

By ContributorAugust 18, 2011
lia.lovegood has put together a priceless collection of some of the most hilarious words ever written on SparkLife. You better put on your laughing pants.—Sparkitors I'm just an average teenager who is (GASP!) completely obsessed with the Harry Potter phenomenon and reading in general.... More  →
The Best Of SparkLife: Quotes Edition

Ode to Dan Bergstein

By ContributorAugust 18, 2011
alexsarcastic221, we second all of these emotions. —Sparkitors Dan, oh Dan, how shall I describe thee? With your luscious brown beard come sit here beside me. Tell me of werewolves and jetpacks and swords Of wizards named Harry and dark, evil lords While Edward and Jacob and Bella... More  →
Ode to Dan Bergstein

The Many Sweaty Faces of Chelsea Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 18, 2011
This slideshow is going to make you wish that cameras were never invented. It’s going to test your tolerance for pain. It’s going to force you to ask, “How many photos could there possibly BE of Chelsea Dagger making finger guns?!?” (The answer is infinity.) You sho More  →
The Many Sweaty Faces of Chelsea Dagger

Ask a Teacher: Do You Gossip About Students?

By Mr. JonesAugust 18, 2011
Welcome to Ask a Teacher! In this new series, a group of hilarious educators will tell you the TRUTH about what goes on in the teachers' lounge. First up, meet Mr. Jones!—Sparkitors Q: Do you gossip about students with the other teachers? A: Absolutely. I wish I could... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Gossip About Students?

Dan Bergstein Saved My Life

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 17, 2011
You know he's funny. You know he's fabulous. You know he's got a semi-inappropriate fixation on the biological workings of Edward Cullen's vampire peni— er, well, the point is, you know practically ALL THE THINGS about Dan Bergstein. But what you didn't know is that... More  →
Dan Bergstein Saved My Life

Political Songs to Whip You into a Rebellious, Socially-Conscious Frenzy (Somebody Will Wind Up Offended)

By ContributorAugust 17, 2011
{Insert_Witty_Username_Here} is ready to rock 'n roll, political-style.—Sparkitors Guess what! It’s summer, which means I have waaay too much time on my hands! And the best thing to listen to during the summer is, and always will be, angry/inspiring rebellious music that may or... More  →
Political Songs to Whip You into a Rebellious, Socially-Conscious Frenzy (Somebody Will Wind Up Offended)

8 Words that Belong in the Dictionary

alexsarcastic221 has a bone to pick with the dudes at Merriam-Webster.—Sparkitors As an aspiring author as well as a bookworm who spends an unhealthy amount of time thinking about the English language, I feel that there are a few words... More  →
8 Words that Belong in the Dictionary

Dan's Advice for Aspiring Writers

By Dan_BergsteinAugust 17, 2011
The question I get asked the most is: How do you become a writer? I usually give a sarcastic response such as, “Wear more purple.” But as part of Dan Bergstein week here at SparkNotes, the real answer will finally be revealed. How do you... More  →
Dan's Advice for Aspiring Writers

Creative Ways to Save Money

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 17, 2011
For a lot of us, money is tight these days. People everywhere are implementing stricter budgets, frantically grabbing handfuls of pennies from wishing wells, and going to the park to reverse-feed the ducks, which is the act of stealing the breadcrumbs that a... More  →
Creative Ways to Save Money

The Metal Band You Can't Miss: Disciple

Metalhead865 wrote this post after seeing Disciple's phenomenal live performance at Camp Electric—you can check out his camp journal here!—Sparkitors Before I start, I'd like to thank Kevin Young of Disciple for giving my true love, Animated_Apathy, a video shout-out... More  →
The Metal Band You Can't Miss: Disciple