Skip over navigation

My French Adventure: Crepes, Culture Shock, and Scandal!

By ContributorMarch 17, 2011
LadyM, this is the funniest vocab lesson we've ever had. —Sparkitors The tail end of my glorious February vacation has arrived. Naturally, you want to know all about it. So we'll do this in the style of a French vocabulary lesson. Ready? 1. Rentrer: To... More  →
My French Adventure: Crepes, Culture Shock, and Scandal!

You Know You're from Philadelphia When...

leaha_the_shteve, what is "wooder ice," and more importantly, does it involve chocolate? —Sparkitors The City of Brotherly love. A top historical spot in America, this city is booming with passionate people. Are you one of them? You know you're from Philadelphia when… ... More  →
You Know You're from Philadelphia When...

Unsolved Mystery: The Lone Shoe on the Highway

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 17, 2011
Drive down any highway in America, and sooner or later you’ll spot a lone shoe on the side of the road. It’s usually black, but sometimes un-black. It looks beaten up and defeated as it sits on the road, watching the cars zoom past with... More  →
Unsolved Mystery: The Lone Shoe on the Highway

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Pool Sharks and Broken Hearts

thenameselodie is a pool-playin' hustla; she'll win the game, but will she get the guy?—Sparkitors Last week I was at my friend Holly’s house, engaged in one of the most ancient of female traditions: trying on outfits in anticipation of what I call... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Pool Sharks and Broken Hearts

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Spring Break! (Well, Almost)

By ContributorMarch 16, 2011
While Courtney Guth enjoys spring break, we'll enjoy staring out our office windows while softly weeping :0/ —Sparkitors There are currently 3 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes, and 22 seconds until spring break—not that I’m counting or anything. I’m all for being productive and... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Spring Break! (Well, Almost)

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 16, 2011
BAHHHHHHHGGLLARGGHHH. That was the sound of Chelsea Dagger dying. Yes, dying. She has all kinds of allergies stuck up her half-eaten-hamburger-shaped nose (and she also just read The Maze Runner and was profoundly impacted by James Dashner's many absurd descriptions of nose shapes). Her giant... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

Tips for Flyin’ Solo at Prom

rhymenocerous16 knows that you don't have to have a date to have the time of your life at prom! Preach, girl!—Sparkitors I’ve noticed that despite the vast collection of prom articles on SparkLife, none of them really... More  →
Tips for Flyin’ Solo at Prom

You Know You're From Cleveland, Ohio, When...

Ney_Ney92, you've got us convinced! Cleveland must rock! —Sparkitors Cleveland, Ohio, is often called The Mistake by the Lake. True, we're not perfect (just check out our sports teams), but I have lived in a suburb of Cleveland my entire life and am only... More  →
You Know You're From Cleveland, Ohio, When...

One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

Book #19: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) Author: Cassandra Clare Reason for Reading: My friends have been pestering me to read it for a while, and then I found a copy that was in pretty good condition in a secondhand bookstore a... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: City of Bones

Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate French Toast

By ShivaniMarch 15, 2011
Shivani's first recipe features chocolate, butter, and bread. If it had bacon, it would be just about perfect. —Sparkitors Ahoy, Sparklers! Today I’m going to tell you about the glory that is chocolate bread. Chocolate bread is a sexy, magical food that goes down the hatch,... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate French Toast