Search Menu
Menu

How to Handle Being the Least Photogenic Person Ever

By ElodieMay 4, 2012
There are some people that photograph really well because the camera just loves them. The rest of us groan internally whenever it’s picture time. We like to think our faces aren’t inherently unattractive, but in that one instant—when a button is pushed, pictures are... More  →
How to Handle Being the Least Photogenic Person Ever

The 19 Faces You'll See in Prom Photos

By Emily WinterMay 4, 2012
WE LOVE PROM ...but not every prom photo turns out how you planned. Here are 19 faces that are bound to show up in your prom Facebook album, whether you like it or not. More  →
The 19 Faces You'll See in Prom Photos (with Animals)

Reid Faylor Has a Girlfriend: I'm Buying an Engagement Ring!

By reidfaylorMay 4, 2012
Guys, I don’t mean to overexcite you, but I have big news: I’m shopping for an engagement ring. I know, it might sound crazy, but I’m starting to think Candace might very well be the one for me. Candace, if you don’t know her, is... More  →
Reid Faylor Has a Girlfriend: I'm Buying an Engagement Ring!

Blogging Disney: Fun and Fancy Free

By Scott GreenstoneMay 4, 2012
This week, Scott tackles one of the lesser-known Disney flicks. To catch up, click here! —Sparkitors I hope you guys appreciate all the trouble I go to watching these films. For this ancient production, I had to feed the VHS tape into my crusty... More  →
Blogging Disney: Fun and Fancy Free

My Mom Taught Me Everything I Know About Boob Jokes

By SissyMay 3, 2012
I vividly remember that when I was a child, my mom repeated the phrase, “men are ayotta stupey, women are ayotta smart.” (Note: she used babytalk because I was, basically, a baby, and because she probably wanted to offend my father less.) My mom made... More  →
My Mom Taught Me Everything I Know About Boob Jokes

Outlaw Photoshop! And These 10 Other Things!

By Dan_BergsteinMay 3, 2012
Are people looking too pretty these days? Airbrushing (a technique that hasn’t actually involved air or brushes for the past two decades) is a common practice in every magazine and advertisement. Armies of photo editors spend their days making sure models and actors look 170%... More  →
Outlaw Photoshop! And These 10 Other Things!

Amazing True Facts about Cinco de Mayo

By RG DanielsMay 3, 2012
1. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican pride and heritage. In some Mexican towns it is customary to shoot a gun at a lake and scream the chorus to the Spice Girls’ hit from 1997 “Wannabe.” 2. May 5th is the anniversary of the... More  →
Amazing True Facts about Cinco de Mayo

Play-Writing and Awkward Situations

By ContributorMay 3, 2012
Talie is back in class and ready with a whole new bucket of awkward! —Sparkitors Hello my dearest, darlingist, most WONDERFUL Aparklers ever!! Guess where I’m writing/typing this? College. Yes, COLLEGE. I have finally returned to the... More  →
Play-Writing and Awkward Situations

Adventures in Sand Surfing

The secret is out. I’m actually an extreme sports junkie. I spent last Saturday trekking across the desert, looking for snakes to fight. And I didn’t wear sunscreen. All right, now that my mother has fainted, I’ll tell you how I really spent last Saturday. The... More  →
Adventures in Sand Surfing

A Sparkler Sums Up Current Events!

Hi y’all. How’s everyone doing? Good? Good. Allow me to start with an anecdote: I was sitting in Close-up class last year (for those of you who don’t know, Close-up is a current events class), and the teacher asked who had watched the State of... More  →
A Sparkler Sums Up Current Events!