Skip over navigation

Kid Stuff We Still Find Kool

By Kathryn_WilliamsJuly 30, 2010
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us Kid! Grown up schmown up. Who says just because we vote, pay a mortgage, have a "job" and can already sense the rumblings of a midlife crisis that we have to stop loving... More  →
Kid Stuff We Still Find Kool

Battle of the Side Dishes

By Lauren PassellJuly 30, 2010
It's a side dish smackdown! We paired popular side dishes, weighed their strengths and weaknesses, and, after weeks of sleepless nights, marathon taste tests, and interviews with philosophers, theologians, and that kid who works the drive-thru at McDonalds, we've found a clear winner. Ready? Let's... More  →
Battle of the Side Dishes

How To Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 4: Music

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 30, 2010
This is the fourth in a series of posts that will basically make you perfect at everything by the end of the summer. If you'd prefer to fake being perfect instead, well, we'll cover that, too. Today's Topic: Music. Learning an instrument can be frustrating.... More  →
How To Be a Renaissance Sparkler, Part 4: Music

Life According to Ginger: Packing List

By ContributorJuly 30, 2010
So I’m going to gloat a little bit now. If you object to this, please avert your eyes. Ahem. Here goes. I am totally going to have my own bathroom at school next year! (I assume it will look exactly like the one in the... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Packing List

What REALLY Happens in a Yoga Class

By Lucy HutchinsonJuly 30, 2010
In theory, yoga seems like the perfect non-sport for those of a less athletic persuasion. It's indoors, it's quiet and non-competitive, nobody punches anyone, and kicking, throwing, or catching are not requirements. But don't be fooled. Yoga isn't all that it seems. There's still time to... More  →
What REALLY Happens in a Yoga Class

What Not To Do When You Meet Dan Bergstein

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 29, 2010
As most of you know from playing our "Who's That Sparkitor?" guessing game last week, your SparkLife writers and editors all got together here in NYC and had a party! And while it was very exciting to finally see our fellow writers in... More  →
What Not To Do When You Meet Dan Bergstein

The Ellie Report: Don't Let Your Breakup Break You Down

By ContributorJuly 29, 2010
Ellielikespie, we could have really used this column BEFORE we went all Carrie Underwood on our ex's car. GAH. —Sparkitors It's happened to the best of us: we wake up to a world filled with puppies, rainbows, and hopeful dreams of figuring out... More  →
The Ellie Report: Don't Let Your Breakup Break You Down

Myths About Being an Adult

By Ashley SpencerJuly 29, 2010
It's not fun, being trapped at home with your family. Every three seconds you’re thinking, I can’t wait to be old enough to move into my own place so I can throw my dirty socks on the floor, eat pickles straight outta the jar a... More  →
Myths About Being an Adult

Burger King, How Could You?

mj_adams, we too feel betrayed. But even more than that, we feel HUNGRY. Anybody got some fries?—Sparkitors

It’s been over a decade since my last kid’s meal, but I just assumed that as far as the toys

... More  →
Burger King, How Could You?

The Perks of Babysitting

peaceonearth34 does her own art! *applauses* —Sparkitors It's summer vacation!! You know what that means: surfing, swimming, sun, and...babysitting? Wait, what? If you have a little sibling, cousin, neighbor, etc., then you've had to babysit at least once this summer. And that can really, really suck.... More  →
The Perks of Babysitting