Skip over navigation

The Daily Trials of an English Major: Romance! Action! Peer-Editing!

By ContributorDecember 6, 2010
Courtney Guth is going to reveal the secrets of English majors. SPOILER ALERT: she mentions literary devices! —Sparkitors In the words of my ever-so-hilarious sassy friend: “Look at your life! Look at your choices! What? What? What are you doing?” Upon entering college, I... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: Romance! Action! Peer-Editing!

17 Uses for a Candy Cane

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 6, 2010
Every holiday has its classic candy. Halloween has candy corn; Easter has chocolate eggs; Valentine's Day has conversation hearts; Labor Day has Twizzlers. And, of course, Christmas has candy canes. Those minty sweet crooks of twisty red and white sugar are like Christmas wrapped in... More  →
17 Uses for a Candy Cane

Confessions of a College Matchmaker: Potential Match #1

If emMCie's column were a rom com, she would totally end up with Jerry. We're just saying! —Sparkitors Seeing as my roommate and I share the bonds of cohabitation (there’s a certain connection you make with a person when you know what her... More  →
Confessions of a College Matchmaker: Potential Match #1

I Go To... Georgia State University

rissyloves, aka Clarissa Wallen, brings us the lowdown on GSU. Enjoy! —Sparkitors Here’s the basic beats: School: Georgia State University Location: Downtown Atlanta Size: About 30,000 undergrads Type: Public Number of Majors offered: 55 But here’s the breezy truth: Academics: At such a big school, you’d think that every single class... More  →
I Go To... Georgia State University

Forks, Washington: Don't Believe the Hype

DrakeObsessor has the inside scoop on Bella's hometown; you're gonna want to read this before you take your "I HEARTZ TWILIGHT" road trip. —Sparkitors

Until recently, my beloved home state of Washington was best known for... More  →

SparkMacho—A Mankler's Defense of SparkLife

krusty_the_krab wants to ask you a question: are you man enough to use SparkNotes?—Sparkitors

I've been using SparkNotes for years, but I definitely wasn't prepared for the recent site makeover: one... More  →

The Holiday Guide to Effective Regifting

With this post, _LadyM_ has saved us millions of dollars. Just a heads-up: you're all gettin' Milk Duds for Christmas.—Sparkitors Life can be rough when you're a student on a budget, and this is never... More  →

Five Holiday Jobs That Aren't (Too) Hideous

By Rachel KorowitzDecember 3, 2010
It's the holiday season, and you have to buy presents for your eight siblings, your mom, your dad, your cat, five sets of grandparents (we won't even ask how that happened), plus all your cousins, friends, and the people in your Harry Potter fan-fic group.... More  →
Five Holiday Jobs That Aren't (Too) Hideous

How To Survive Cabin Fever

By Ashley SpencerDecember 3, 2010
If you live in a wintry state (aka anywhere in the Midwest), you’ve had cabin fever every year since you were born. By cabin fever, we mean the claustrophobia, boredom, and panic that set in when you're isolated in a small space, like your house,... More  →
How To Survive Cabin Fever

A Day in the Life of a Malaysian International Islamic School Student

By ContributorDecember 3, 2010
Three math classes. Three. Math classes? setmefreeb, you amaze us! –Sparkitors I was born in Libya, raised in Canada, and currently live in Malaysia. Don’t ask me why I live here of all places, my parents just love to travel! I go to an... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Malaysian International Islamic School Student