Search Menu
Menu

How to Connect With Your Mom

By Chrissie GruebelMay 9, 2012
You're always saying to your mom, "Fear not, Mom. I promise I'm eating three meals a day and everything's clean"—but if she can't see it, she doesn't believe you. Moms are very visual creatures. Skype opens the door so your mom... More  →
How to Connect With Your Mom

What I'm Doing INSTEAD of Doing My Homework

By ContributorMay 9, 2012
Sure, I’ve got a giant history paper due, a math quiz to study for, a French debate to prepare for, and an AP History test to worry about, but that doesn’t mean that I’m actually doing any of that stuff! Let’s face it: the world... More  →
What I'm Doing INSTEAD of Doing My Homework

The Best Breakup Advice My Mom Ever Gave Me

By Melissa AlbertMay 9, 2012
In my last year of college, I was dating this guy who was a real piece of work. Let's call him George. He dumped me, I took him back. He dumped me again, I started seeing someone else. But for some crazy reason,... More  →
The Best Breakup Advice My Mom Ever Gave Me

Real Things We've Done to Avoid Being Hit On

By Valerie BurnMay 9, 2012
Getting hit on is the worst. Not because the guys are gross or we’re sooo modest, but it’s just really uncomfortable. Perhaps we need to learn how to take a compliment, but all we can hear is STRANGER DANGER when someone tries to flirt with... More  →
Real Things We've Done to Avoid Being Hit On

Star Style at the Met Gala: Which Dress Would You Wear to Prom?

By Chelsea DaggerMay 8, 2012
All your favorite starlets hit the red carpet last night for one of the most glamorous events of the year: the Metropolitan Costume Institute Gala (it's basically like the Yule Ball for celebs, but with fewer angsty Quidditch superstars and more hot gingers). And while the d More  →
Star Style at the Met Gala: Which Dress Would You Wear to Prom?

Ask Jono: Teasing Friends

By Jon_SkindzierMay 8, 2012
Hey Jono, My situation is a little weird, I guess. Sometimes I really don't like my friends, to the point where it feels like a lie to even call them friends. They'll do stuff like make fun of me for being short or... More  →
Ask Jono: Teasing Friends

A (Christmas) Mother's Day Story

By Eric GarneauMay 8, 2012
I don't really like Christmas. Actually, I kind of hate it. I suppose my reasons for that are pretty selfish. The size of my family is precisely two: me and my grandmother… that's it. And since I spend a lot of time with my grandmother... More  →
A (Christmas) Mother's Day Story

The Worst Moments for Your Cell Phone to Ring

By ElodieMay 8, 2012
We Sparklers are people from all different walks of life. But there’s one crucial life component we all have in common: some day, whether it be in the near or distant future, we’re all going to forget to turn off our phones at the worst... More  →
The Worst Moments for Your Cell Phone to Ring

The Best Advice My Mom Ever Gave Me

By Chrissie GruebelMay 8, 2012
When I was little, I used to fight with my older sister. A lot. Like, one time? She and I were playing rockstar or something, and she was singing into a box cutter. No, I don't know where my parents were and no, they didn't... More  →
The Best Advice My Mom Ever Gave Me

May Horoscopes

By Jon_SkindzierMay 7, 2012
The winds of change are blowing, Aries, but unfortunately that's only because a nearby bank exploded, so wear a helmet if you venture outdoors, and carry a large bag with a dollar sign on it. You are destined for prosperity, but that's only because your school bus will break More  →
May Horoscopes