Skip over navigation

25 Things We're Thankful for This Year

By Ashley SpencerNovember 24, 2010
There are a few things we're thankful for every day, including Auntie SparkNotes' thoughtful, deeply insightful advice; Dan Bergstein's hilariously random posts and constant tweets; and Chelsea Dagger's fiendishly difficult brain teasers. But sometimes, we forget to... More  →
25 Things We're Thankful for This Year

School is un-American. We've Got Proof.

By ContributorNovember 24, 2010
skysquirrel417 has officially blown our minds, and made us laugh so hard we choked on our stuffing. Ain’t nothing wrong with Thanksgiving pre-eating! –Sparkitors You know those long and tedious geometric proofs they make you do in math class? Those “if-then”... More  →
School is un-American. We've Got Proof.

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time…

quirky*ghost learned her lesson the hard way—but hey, at least she's got some hilarious stories to tell!—Sparkitors We've all been there: you have an idea that seems brilliantly stupid-proof, but when you put... More  →

Life According to Ginger: Your Personal Guide to Thanksgiving Break

I guess I’m not exactly qualified to give advice about how to handle going home for Thanksgiving, seeing as this is my first year handling this sticky situation, but BEAR WITH ME. I did go home for a week for fall break, and I made... More  →
Life According to Ginger: Your Personal Guide to Thanksgiving Break

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerNovember 24, 2010
Last week's riddle was a smashing success, except for one small detail: as SpacemanSpiff777 pointed out, I completely failed to realize that Lucius and Legolas weren't the only twins at the basement ping pong tournament: Gandalf and Dumbledore have been brothers... More  →

How to Write The Anti-Essay

By ContributorNovember 23, 2010
Watch out, teachers' pets: Lauren is about to shake things up.—Sparkitors Do you loathe your World Lit teacher with every fiber of your being? Is your AP Lit grade high enough that you can handle tanking a big assignment?... More  →

Zingers for Vegetarians on Thanksgiving

By Lauren PassellNovember 23, 2010
You know, it isn't always easy being a vegetarian. Squash is really hard to prepare, salads at fast food restaurants are, like, greasy, and family meals can be stressful—especially if you have one of those grandparents who lived through the depression and thinks you're crazy... More  →
Zingers for Vegetarians on Thanksgiving

Survival Strategies For Your Poetry Class

By ContributorNovember 23, 2010
Megan_Adams feels your poetry pain—and she's here to help.—Sparkitors If you’re anything like me, you dread the prospect of Poetry class. It's unavoidable, often painful, and always, ALWAYS, horrifying: you shake with terror when your teacher asks... More  →

Megan's Life Lessons: 3 Things I Wish I'd Learned Before Going to College

By Megan PrietzelNovember 23, 2010
jedimastermegan is about to change your life (and increase your animosity toward bananas by 76%).—Sparkitors Now that I’m a grown up, I have things like responsibility and accountability and laundry in my life. It rocks, but it... More  →

How to Be Awesome: The Flirter's Edition

By Jennifer GrudzieckiNovember 23, 2010
Jenny is a Sparkler. AND she's our intern. AND she's the awesomest person in this office. AND...okay we got nothin'. —Sparkitors Have you ever met a single person who didn’t want to know how to flirt? I haven’t. And, in school (and the rest... More  →
How to Be Awesome: The Flirter's Edition