Skip over navigation

How To Force Yourself To Do Work

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 5, 2010
Picture a lazy, uneventful afternoon. You haven't started your summer reading yet, and right now you're busy with your favorite traditional summer pastime (making pancakes and whipping them out the window at confused passersby). Besides, you can read a page per minute, so you have,... More  →
How To Force Yourself To Do Work

How to Be Awesome: Back to School Edition

By ContributorAugust 4, 2010
We'd say jgrudzy has no idea what she's talking about, but then again... —Sparkitors August is usually a fairly stressful time for students: a new school year is beginning, and new school years are like burlap sacks full of suck. You're probably so focused... More  →
How to Be Awesome: Back to School Edition

SparkLife Culinary Institute: Eggplant Parm

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 4, 2010
Welcome back to the SparkLife Culinary Institute. Today we challenge Chef Boyardee to make a better Italian-inspired dish than our Eggplant Parmigiana (Eggplant Parm to its friends). Reasons we love this recipe: 1. It is so easy, you could make it in... More  →
SparkLife Culinary Institute: Eggplant Parm

A Day in the Life of a Chem Lab Intern

flunkybed, Queen of Comedy, we've misssssed you! At least we know where you've been. —Sparkitors I really miss having a normal teenage summer. The type of summer where I become a basement-dwelling nocturnal rat and sleep 13 hours a day, totally oblivious to the... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Chem Lab Intern

A Day in the Life of an Engineering Student in India

WHEW. And we thought AP Calc was impossible. Yttr Wolf, you are SMART.– Sparkitors Both of my parents are engineers, so from a young age, my brother and I were set upon the engineering path.... More  →
A Day in the Life of an Engineering Student in India

Blogging A Visit From My Cousins

You may say you don't like kids, jtjuvenile, but we think you're a big 'ol softie at heart.—Sparkitors Disclaimer: Unlike most fourteen year old girls, I find drooling toddlers and small kids repulsive. Sorry, but I had to tell you: that background information... More  →
Blogging A Visit From My Cousins

My Crush is Really Old

aroha999, we love you, but HELLO: aren't you forgetting Clint Eastwood?!?—Sparkitors Ah, the 1900s. For a lot of men, these were the best years of their lives. I'm talkin' real men. Men of substance. Men with hot bods and... More  →
My Crush is Really Old

Teaching Mom SparkSlang

GirlWhoWrites writes Diary of a High School Freshman. We think we want her mom to start writing for us, too. —Sparkitors Unless you live under a rock on Mars or are extremely new to SparkNotes, you inevitably will notice that Sparklers have... More  →
Teaching Mom SparkSlang

What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 4, 2010
If we know you, Sparklers, and we think we do, you're a bunch of fun and quirky individuals. And there's no better way to show off your fun and quirky individuality than by painting vibrant colors onto the keratin at the ends of... More  →
What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?

How NOT to Eat in Front of Your Crush

By Kathryn_WilliamsAugust 4, 2010
It was during the fish course, when he lifted his head from the half-eaten Arctic char on his plate, a decorative lettuce leaf hanging from the side of his mouth, and reached across the table, gesturing at my filet of sole. "You gonna... More  →
How NOT to Eat in Front of Your Crush