Skip over navigation

You Know You're from New York City When...

By ContributorMarch 18, 2011
Come visit us, tiglerie! —Sparkitors New York City is (arguably) the capital of the world and home to a barrage of arrogant rap stars with egos the size of a computer manual. It's where all self-respecting 1920s gangsters were born (before they moved to... More  →
You Know You're from New York City When...

Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Evasive Maneuvers Are The Best Maneuvers

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 18, 2011
Great googily moogily: it appears you sly foxes are positively ACES at extracting yourself from bad dates! Chelsea Dagger really could have used these strategies last week, when she went on a date with a fellow who A: didn't believe that Harry Potter really existed... More  →
Interview With A Sparkler, Round: Evasive Maneuvers Are The Best Maneuvers

How to Make Your Skin Amazing In Time for Prom

By Kathryn_WilliamsMarch 18, 2011
Have you ever had that nightmare where you walk into prom, look down, and panic as you realize—your epidermis is showing! Your weird cousin’s dirty jokes aside, your skin is your largest organ. It comprises about 16% of your body weight (gross). So if it’s not looking More  →
Slideshow: How to Make Your Skin Amazing In Time for Prom

NBK in Alberta: To Priest or Not to Priest

By ContributorMarch 17, 2011
This week, Lunar's got priests, Super Smash Brothers, and thoughts on Adam Lambert. Enjoy! —Sparkitors If there was an award for the laziest SparkLife writer ever, I would be too lazy to accept it. Srsly. Emma (my Sparkitor) said I could take a vacation... More  →
NBK in Alberta: To Priest or Not to Priest

Confessions of an RA: How to Land a Summer Internship

By Lindsay PuvelMarch 17, 2011
Are you in college? Do you like to make coffee and file paper? Do photo IDs make you feel important? Do you want something a little more prestigious on your resume than “sandwich artist at Subway”? If you answered yes to at least two of... More  →
Confessions of an RA: How to Land a Summer Internship

7 Things Everyone Should Know About Dancers

JustToBeQuiet wants you to know that even if she can't beat you in push-up contest, she can sure as heck take you in crunches.—Sparkitors

1. We have no arm strength. Yep,... More  →

7 Things Everyone Should Know About Dancers

The Think Tank: Oh, How The Tables Have Turned

By Chelsea DaggerMarch 17, 2011
Chelsea Dagger is le'diculously excited about today's riddle ("le'diculous" is a lot like "ridiculous," except better, because it seems French)—so excited, in fact, that she spent the last hour doing victorious hip thrusts back and forth from the vending machine to her desk (the two... More  →
The Think Tank: Oh, How The Tables Have Turned

My French Adventure: Crepes, Culture Shock, and Scandal!

LadyM, this is the funniest vocab lesson we've ever had. —Sparkitors The tail end of my glorious February vacation has arrived. Naturally, you want to know all about it. So we'll do this in the style of a French vocabulary lesson. Ready? 1. Rentrer: To... More  →
My French Adventure: Crepes, Culture Shock, and Scandal!

You Know You're from Philadelphia When...

leaha_the_shteve, what is "wooder ice," and more importantly, does it involve chocolate? —Sparkitors The City of Brotherly love. A top historical spot in America, this city is booming with passionate people. Are you one of them? You know you're from Philadelphia when… ... More  →
You Know You're from Philadelphia When...

Unsolved Mystery: The Lone Shoe on the Highway

By Dan_BergsteinMarch 17, 2011
Drive down any highway in America, and sooner or later you’ll spot a lone shoe on the side of the road. It’s usually black, but sometimes un-black. It looks beaten up and defeated as it sits on the road, watching the cars zoom past with... More  →
Unsolved Mystery: The Lone Shoe on the Highway