Search Menu
Menu

Adventures in Paddle School

By ContributorMay 10, 2012
Well, this is it. After weeks of various activities, each ending in varying levels of disaster, the paddling trip I’ve been preparing for is almost upon me. Yes, in mere days I will be canoeing 103 miles (that’s 165 kilometers, for you metric folks) down... More  →
Adventures in Paddle School

Five Rom-Coms That Are Just Wrong

By Melissa AlbertMay 10, 2012
Enjoying a romantic comedy requires suspension of disbelief, and we accept that. Weird coincidences, quirky best friends who would qualify for institutional life were they real, gorgeous women whose successful careers make them undateable: we'll pretend to believe it all! But sometimes, a movie crosses... More  →
Five Rom-Coms That Are Just Wrong

We Support Obama's Stance on Gay Marriage

By Emily WinterMay 10, 2012
Yesterday, President Barack Obama publicly announced his support for same-sex marriage. With a nation split on the issue and elections coming up in November, it was a bold move for Obama—and we here at SparkNotes couldn't be more thrilled. If you're reading this post, chances are... More  →
We Support Obama's Stance on Gay Marriage

Celebrities We Wish Were Our Teachers

By Scott GreenstoneMay 10, 2012
Of course, we've never had crushes on our teachers. I mean, come on, who does that? We're just saying that if our teachers happened to be some of these people, our fancies might just be tickled. Then again, some of these celebrities would simply be awesome, outside of any cr More  →
Celebrities We Wish Were Our Teachers

How to Improve Your Momversations

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 10, 2012
Mother's Day is almost here, and you know what that means: Mom will be expecting a nice, long, meaningful momversation (and no, texting doesn't count—you have to call her!). But conversations with your mom can be complicated, not to mention fraught with... More  →
How to Improve Your Momversations

The Worst Mother's Day Gifts

By RG DanielsMay 10, 2012
To quote the great philosophy of the 1970s Swedish pop band, ABBA: “Mamma mia, here I go again”. It’s that time of year where we give our props to Mom for all that she does. Let’s not mess it up by giving her any of... More  →
The Worst Mother's Day Gifts

Writer Wars! (Sorry, That's the Most Creative Title I Could Come Up With This Week.)

By Chelsea DaggerMay 9, 2012
REALLY, BUTTS?! I ask you to write a short story about attempting the impossible, and NO ONE WRITES ABOUT SKIING THROUGH A REVOLVING DOOR?! Color me disappointed (mostly because I purchased a set of skies AND a freestanding revolving door in anticipation of... More  →
Writer Wars! (Sorry, That's the Most Creative Title I Could Come Up With This Week.)

How to Make Mother's Day Brunch

By Rachel KorowitzMay 9, 2012
Making Mother's Day brunch for your mom is great because you get give someone you really care about (i.e. your mom) a homemade present, which is basically a super-classy way of saying, "I stopped doing me-centric stuff and thought about you because I love you... More  →
How to Make Mother's Day Brunch

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Love Advice

By reidfaylorMay 9, 2012
A lot of love advice questions this week–I thought I’d group them all together. If I didn’t answer your question, here’s some general all-purpose advice: there isn’t an argument you can’t win by forging the President’s signature. Onto the questions! FROM: SkaterFish As a young... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Love Advice

Holding On: Chapter 19

By ContributorMay 9, 2012
Click here to catch up on Chapter 18 of willwriteforhearts' gripping story! Before his car crash with Dad, Nick was the athlete of the family. He has this big-guy build that so characterizes your average jock in high school, and I guess... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 19