Search Menu
Menu

Camp NaNoWriMo: Your Summer Writing Challenge

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 6, 2012
If you're like me, you always wish you could do NaNo in November, but you never do. Because, well, there's all those dumb exams. Plus the holidays; because really, who wants to be struggling to write over Thanksgiving? (Okay, the answer to that is clearly... More  →
Camp NaNoWriMo: Your Summer Writing Challenge

Science Fiction and Fantasy Author Ray Bradbury, 91, Passes Away

By Will RossJune 6, 2012
In sad news for geeks everywhere, award-winning Science Fiction and Fantasy author Ray Bradbury passed away today in California. He was 91 years old. Though known best for his novels like Fahrenheit 451, and The Martian Chronicles, Bradbury was also a prolific writer of plays (stage and... More  →
Science Fiction and Fantasy Author Ray Bradbury, 91, Passes Away

Future Facebook Feature Upgrades (Say That 5 Times Fast)

By ContributorJune 6, 2012
Facebook has recently added a feature that allows users to “Star” their closest friends in order to see vital information about them as soon as it is uploaded. We can’t help but wonder what other exciting new Facebook upgrades we're in for in the future.... More  →
Future Facebook Feature Upgrades (Say That 5 Times Fast)

Inappropriate Summertime Crushes

By Melissa AlbertJune 6, 2012
Unless you're starring in a movie musical about life on the boardwalk, your love life is about to get boring. All your school-year crushes are heading to lacrosse camp, or their basements, where they'll be playing Diablo III and developing scurvy till September. But... More  →
Inappropriate Summertime Crushes

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are ENGAGED??!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 6, 2012
Yes, you read that right. Liam Hemsworth, AKA Gale, AKA Brother of Thor, has officially proposed to 19-year-old Miley Cyrus, AKA Future Lindsey Lohan. We feel old. Like, really old. And we have to ask ourselves, why on Earth would Liam do this to himself?... More  →
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are ENGAGED??!

Non-Green Pet Peeves

By Jon_SkindzierJune 6, 2012
Being environmentally conscious is not easy for some people. Old folks, for example, grew up in an era where there was no such thing—you'd shovel some coal into your Chevy Land Barge and take a drive out into the country, and if... More  →
Non-Green Pet Peeves

Talie Gets Her Gun

By TalieJune 6, 2012
Have you ever had that moment when you’re being chased by intimidating henchmen of a top-secret branch of the government in their top-secret lab? And suddenly you hit a dead end and you realize  you're a goner? BUT THEN you realize that you have your trusty... More  →
Talie Gets Her Gun

Should the Bison Really Be America's National Mammal?

By Brandon SpecktorJune 5, 2012
We all know The United States of America has a national bird: the bald eagle, a.k.a. "The Bison Of The Skies." But old baldy may soon have some competition if a recent Senate bill passes, officially assigning the USA a national mammal as... More  →
Should the Bison Really Be America's National Mammal?

Blogging the B&N.com Must-Reads: Perfect

By ContributorJune 5, 2012
Okay, I know I promised you guys Dead to You by Lisa McMann, but I lied. Or, more accurately, I underestimated how popular it was (I’ve been on the hold list at my local library for three weeks now). So I decided to move on... More  →
Blogging the B&N.com Must-Reads: Perfect

How (and Why) You Should Love One Direction

By ContributorJune 5, 2012
I’m sure you’ve alllll heard the words “You’re insecure, don’t know what for,” and I know what you're thinking. No, I'm not just another 11 year old girl swooning over “You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful.” Really. No, I'm 16 years old swooning over a song called... More  →
How (and Why) You Should Love One Direction