Search Menu
Menu

Blogging Disney: Sleeping Beauty

By Scott GreenstoneJune 15, 2012
So last week's post raised some hackles and showed me a nice dividing line between dog people and cat people. Dog people like Lady and the Tramp, cat people like The Aristocats. Fox people like Robin Hood. (Go fox people!) Here's some of my... More  →
Blogging Disney: Sleeping Beauty

My Book Log

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
I am a senior, and so last fall I had to write an essay to send to all of the colleges I was applying to. I wrote about books because books have always been a major part in my life—up until last year my parents... More  →
My Book Log

In Honor of His Birthday, Here Are a Bunch of Photos of Neil Patrick Harris Looking Awesome

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 15, 2012
Neil Patrick Harris turns 39 today, Sparklers! Since we have a big ol' celebrity crush on him (it doesn't matter that he's 20 years older and definitely not interested), and since the world can never see enough of Neil Patrick Harris looking amazing, here are a bunch of phot More  →
In Honor of His Birthday, Here Are a Bunch of Photos of Neil Patrick Harris Looking Awesome

Pop Quiz! Test Your Pop Culture Knowledge

By sparktechyJune 15, 2012
Oh, you've kept pace with Taylor Swift's celebrity boyfriends, but do you *really* know pop culture? This test will tell you if you are truly next-level in the trivia department. ... More  →
Pop Quiz! Test Your Pop Culture Knowledge

Trailer Alert: LOOPER (Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the Love of Our Mutual Lives)

By Chelsea DaggerJune 15, 2012
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, how do we love thee (and your epic new movie trailer)? LET US COUNT THE WAYS. 1. There is time travel in this movie. TIME TRAVEL. How many times have I asked you butts to build me a time machine?! BILLIONS. Or at least... More  →
Trailer Alert: LOOPER (Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the Love of Our Mutual Lives)

Literary Love Matches We Want to See

By Melissa AlbertJune 15, 2012
If we were given the magical ability to hang out with all our favorite literary characters (and those we love to hate), we wouldn't waste our time warning them to stop being so prideful and prejudiced, or to drop the vampire... More  →
Literary Love Matches We Want to See

9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

By reidfaylorJune 15, 2012
I love to read, and for the most part, I tend to at least moderately enjoy every book I read. It is very rare I find a book without anything worthwhile in it, a book so amazingly bad it actually makes me angry. The worst... More  →
9 Books I Hate That Everyone Else Loves

Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By ContributorJune 15, 2012
If you watched the MTV movie awards, you know that The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is being made into a movie. And the cast is awesome. Harry Potter star Emma Watson joins Ezra Miller (Patrick) and Logan Lerman (Charlie) as Sam,... More  →
Why You Should All Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Why I Hate the Invisible Man (Not "Invisible Man")

By ContributorJune 14, 2012
It's obvious that we Sparklers love books of all kinds. We take honors English courses just so we can use the excuse "Uhh...I'm only reading this for class. Psh!" before digging in to all those stuffy classic novels with glee. That in mind, imagine my... More  →
Why I Hate the Invisible Man (Not "Invisible Man")

Super Cool High School Dance Video

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 14, 2012
Yes, it's another dance video featuring high school kids on a high school campus. BUT IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME. Why is this video so much better than everyone else's? Here's a few reasons: The dude dancing is totally adorkable. His hair, his dance moves, his clothes... The editing... More  →
Super Cool High School Dance Video