Search Menu
Menu

Ask Jono: Making New Friends (Even In Terrible High School)

By Jon_SkindzierApril 20, 2012
Hey Jono! So I have a problem very similar to this girl whose letter you answered a while back.  Only thing is, I’m a high school freshman, not a college one, and I have no friends.  Of course, I have some people... More  →
Ask Jono: Making New Friends (Even In Terrible High School)

The Worst Possible Biopic Castings

By Melissa AlbertApril 20, 2012
In a casting seemingly based solely on somewhat similar facial hair, Ashton Kutcher has been chosen to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming biopic about the Apple genius. This begs the question: 1) If we paste our beard hairs on ... More  →
The Worst Possible Biopic Castings

10 Badass Men Of Literature

By Molly HoranApril 20, 2012
When it comes to laughing in the face of danger, superheroes have their special powers (or at least special suits) to back them up—but the badass men of literature have to rely on their wits and their charm. Sherlock Holmes could definitely outsmart Iron Man,... More  →
10 Badass Men Of Literature

Reid Faylor Has a Girlfriend: Spaghettification

By reidfaylorApril 20, 2012
Questions! So many! Let’s answer them! FROM: the_lol_chick If Candace decided that if you wanted to be her boyfriend you had to shave off your beard, get a tattoo that said "I love haters," and adopt a poodle, would you do it or break up... More  →
Reid Faylor Has a Girlfriend: Spaghettification

12 Dating Tips from Famous Nerds

By Eric GarneauApril 20, 2012
We recently hit up the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2)—our favorite Midwest geek convention. Between interviews with well-known comic artists, we took a time-out to focus on another of our favorite topics—how to get cute nerds to fall in love with us. Luckily, there... More  →
12 Dating Tips from Famous Nerds

Four Ridiculish Spring Recipes

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 19, 2012
Spring has SPRUNG, Sparklebutts! At least if you live in the southeastern United States, like me. If you live in the Arctic Circle, hang in there! If you are a food-lover, then part of the joy of this bounteous season is the return of farmer's markets... More  →
Four Ridiculish Spring Recipes

Blogging Barnes&Noble.com's "Must Reads for Teens": Lenobia's Vow

By ContributorApril 19, 2012
You know how stereotypical teenage girls like to online window-shop for clothes? Well, when I’m bored, I like to online window-shop for books. One of my favorite sites is, of course, barnesandnoble.com. The other day I was browsing the “Must-Reads” in... More  →
Blogging Barnes&Noble.com's "Must Reads for Teens": Lenobia's Vow

Adventures in... Water Aerobics?

By ContributorApril 19, 2012
Well, I have officially sunk to a new low—literally! It was an in-ground pool. Some people may ask me why, at the tender age of 18, I decided to engage in an activity that most reserve for their twilight years. I say, why not? When someone... More  →
Adventures in... Water Aerobics?

Katniss Meets Barbie: One Doll to Rule Us All

By Chrissie GruebelApril 19, 2012
Yes, "technically" Katniss is a "Barbie." Still, let's imagine the Katniss Barbie to have all the fire and spirit of real Katniss (and by "real" we mean either Jennifer Lawrence OR Katniss in the book OR me doing Katniss cosplay—choose you own adventure). Barbie might be... More  →
Katniss Meets Barbie: One Doll to Rule Us All

Absolutely, 100%, Completely Legit K-Pop

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 19, 2012
Are you Sparklers ready to test your love for K-pop? Because this stuff is for real. This is not auto-tuned dance tracks with English haphazardly thrown in in the chorus. Nope, the songs you're about to listen to are 100% LEGIT (according to Som-Mai,... More  →
Absolutely, 100%, Completely Legit K-Pop