Skip over navigation

What to Eat When You're Too Busy to Eat

By ContributorMay 10, 2011
Shivani forgets to eat; your Sparkitors forget NOT to eat. —Sparkitors One of the great ironies in my life is that although I love food, I forget to eat it regularly. In times of particular stress—let’s say now—I am so consumed by thoughts of... More  →
What to Eat When You're Too Busy to Eat

The Graveyard Book

Lonks is more than 30% done—but is it cheating a bit to read a "children's" book?—Sparkitors Book #32: The Graveyard Book Author: Neil Gaiman Reason for Reading: I have a goal to eventually read every Nobel Prize winner, and I absolutely... More  →
The Graveyard Book

Holding On: Chapter 8

willwriteforhearts' suspenseful story just keeps getting better and better!—Sparkitors Monday. Today he’s coming. Today. Her little toy is coming today. I can barely stand the thought, fuming internally with the intensity of a heated furnace, stomping downstairs, purposefully loud. I mean really… Does she think of us at... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 8

You Know You're From Florida When...

alexthenotsogreat, you are hilarious. Now we know exactly how to fake Floridian status next time we visit our assorted elderly relatives! –Sparkitors Oh, good ol' Florida... It's not just a place with beaches and a multitude of fruit festivals. No, there is so much... More  →
You Know You're From Florida When...

My Best Friend's Prom Date

Lyra—who's in love with her bestie—is back with a bittersweet prom story! And we're still not sure what to think of James's behavior... Sparkitors I am... RAGINGLY JEALOUS. Okay, phew. Now let me explain: my first-ever prom was Saturday night, and I spent it extremely jealous... More  →
My Best Friend's Prom Date

Open Thread for May 10

By Chelsea DaggerMay 10, 2011
Here's what CJ has to say about her lovable pup: This is my dog, Duke. He's a Rottweiler. He's not a mean rott, he's really a darling of a dog... aside from getting his leash tied up around trees, and barking at the neighbors' dogs every... More  →
Open Thread for May 10

The Discreet Art of Warm-Weather Buzzkilling

By kat_rosenfieldMay 9, 2011
Ah, spring! It's a time of sunshine, of southern breezes, of the sweet chirping of baby birds intermingled with the tinkling siren song of the ice cream truck ±a time when the world grows green, and the earth turns warm, and a young person's thoughts... More  →
The Discreet Art of Warm-Weather Buzzkilling

Guide to Graduation Parties

By ContributorMay 9, 2011
Don't be surprised if your dog gets more attention at the party than you. Even if it is your special day. More  →
The Hit List: Emery

Why Starship is Beast

mrs.draco416 wants you to watch Darren Criss' latest offering—but we're guessing most of you don't need any convincing.—Sparkitors If you're a super-mega-ultra-mondo-gigantic Harry Potter fan like me, you've watched both A Very Potter Musical and A Very... More  →
Why Starship is Beast

Showin' The Love for Lady Gaga

M.Bee wants you to see a different side of Lady Gaga—the side without all the INSANE FACE IMPLANTS.—Sparkitors The words I'm about to tell you are words I never imagined myself saying. Or... More  →
Showin' The Love for Lady Gaga