Skip over navigation

A Day in the Life of a Theater Major at an Arts School

By ContributorJanuary 25, 2011
bwayboundmargo doesn't spend her days swing-dancing with Zac Efron. Or DOES she?—Sparkitors I go to a middle school that's strictly audition-only, which means that unless you're extremely talented, you're not getting in. At our school you can... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Theater Major at an Arts School

NBK England: Looking Hot, You Saucy Minx

By ContributorJanuary 25, 2011
You know how everyone always says, "The British version is hilarious!"? Well, now we have our own British version, Laura. —Sparkitors Hi. My name's Laura... And I've never been kissed. *applause* "Hi, Laura." I'm Laura, I'm in high school and (shock, horror), I have never been kissed. Once upon a... More  →
NBK England: Looking Hot, You Saucy Minx

Megan's Life Lessons: How To Survive The Snow Apocalypse

By Megan PrietzelJanuary 24, 2011
Here’s a little-known fact: snow is cold. Here’s another, less obscure fact: being cold sucks hardcore. In fact, it sucks so horribly that it forces dozens of people into a state of winter hibernation in which they drown their discomfort in disgusting amounts of junk... More  →
Megan's Life Lessons: How To Survive The Snow Apocalypse

The Sparklers’ Guide to Ex Etiquette

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011
jtjuvenile wants to help you get off the self-pity train, first stop Stalkerville!  –Sparkitors One of the most difficult thing about breaking up is that you never know quite where your butt is perched on the ever-shifting “Let’s just be friends” seesaw. No matter... More  →
The Sparklers’ Guide to Ex Etiquette

Awesome Person of the Week

By ContributorJanuary 24, 2011
aleaffallsonloneliness wants to introduce you to the raddest redhead around; check her out!—Sparkitors Florence + the Machine is a fantastic band with an incredibly talented frontwoman named Florence Welch. I hope people don’t write her off as... More  →
Awesome Person of the Week

Open Thread for January 24

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 24, 2011
We're officially declaring today a national holiday, Sparkleheads. Why? Because it's Chelsea Dagger's sister's BIRTHDAY! She's turning the big 2-0, and since she's the most brilliant (5x smarter than Hermione Granger), talented (she can sing like the WIND), and beautiful (gorgeous red hair? killer blue... More  →
Open Thread for January 24

18 (Mostly) Untested Ways to Get Over the Flu

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 21, 2011
As a survivor of the Great Swine Epidemic of 2009, I have been there and done that when it comes to trying stupid things to shake the icky, stomach-churning, limp-limbed snot fest that is the flu. Desperate times call for desperate... More  →
18 (Mostly) Untested Ways to Get Over the Flu

A Day in the Life of a Hospital Patient

By ContributorJanuary 21, 2011
Stupid_Nickel trades real food and decent sleep for a veritable parade of babies and hot nurses. Good deal?  –Sparkitors Hi there! After reading this post, I thought to myself, "Hey, I was just in the hospital a little while ago for jaw surgery!... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Hospital Patient

A Day in the Life of a Dancer on School Break

Yadayadayada, just reading this makes us sweat. —Sparkitors This is my average Saturday: 6 a.m.: My alarm clock, which I forgot to reset for school break, goes off. Unlike some Sparklers, I never click the snooze button... mostly because there isn't one (gasp). Instead, I... More  →
A Day in the Life of a Dancer on School Break

10 Things I Learned at the Aquarium

MMflowers' post makes us want to go SCUBA diving reallllll bad. —Sparkitors I just went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in California with my cousins, because nothing screams "winter activity" like going to the aquarium. Anyway, here are some things I learned: 1. If... More  →
10 Things I Learned at the Aquarium