Search Menu
Menu

Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: The Outsiders

By ContributorSeptember 18, 2012
Book: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton Synopsis: Ponyboy Curtis is a greaser, living below the middle class line on the “wrong” side of the city. Still, he knows where he stands. He and his gang hold their own against the Socs, gangs of rich... More  →
Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: The Outsiders

12 Weird Facts About Dreams

By ElodieSeptember 18, 2012
Dreams have been fascinating people since the dawn of time. Ancient Egyptians thought they were the gods sending messages. Sigmund Freud believed they were the window to every forbidden desire your subconscious has ever repressed. Whatever they are, we all have them (that's scientific fact),... More  →
12 Weird Facts About Dreams

Would You Watch the Twilight Marathon?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 18, 2012
Breaking Dawn Part 2 is premiering in theaters on November 16! The Twilight series will finally be over! But wait: before you make it through Twilight's grand finale, Summit Entertainment has one last thing planned: a Twilight marathon! Summit is working with movie theaters to have... More  →
Would You Watch the Twilight Marathon?

Cute Animals Quoting Books

By Scott GreenstoneSeptember 18, 2012
In the future, Facebook will go the way of the Model T and blogs will be like the phonograph, but books? Books are forever. More so even than diamonds. Books will always be cool.So for those times when you want to impress Girl Wearing Frames at your local Barnes and Noble, c More  →
Cute Animals Quoting Books

Overrated/Underrated: High School Edition!

By Josh SorokachSeptember 18, 2012
When you’re in high school, every test, every crush, every single date feels like the most important event in the history of the world. It’s difficult to properly gauge just how important something truly is while it’s happening. For example, right now I’m fairly certain... More  →
Overrated/Underrated: High School Edition!

The Worst Jobs in Student Council

By Rachel KorowitzSeptember 17, 2012
Not everyone gets to be vice president or secretary. Let's just hope you don't wind up with one of these offices: Student Body Informer: Keeps track of minor infractions of the rules using CIA/FBI/KGB/Inception tactics. Reports said infractions to Principal/Headmaster with delight. Acts as... More  →
The Worst Jobs in Student Council

The Best New Instagram Filters...in Our Dreams

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 17, 2012
Why are we obsessed with Instagram? Because there's no better app for making your life look like that of a 1970s indie rocker on tour in the American west (with filters Kelvin, Nashville, Rise), or a hipster fashion plate who works... More  →
The Best New Instagram Filters...in Our Dreams

Make Your Own Tank Top!

By ShivSeptember 17, 2012
I fell in love with a $120 tank top. I did not buy it, however, because I refuse to buy $120 tank tops on principle. Especially as this was an ultra-casual shirt made of cotton and polyester. The style, however, stuck with me, so I ended up making my own. This shirt is great More  →
Make Your Own Tank Top!

Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Where Things Come Back

By ContributorSeptember 17, 2012
Book: Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley Synopsis: The disappearance of Cullen Witter’s younger brother during the summer before his senior year forces him to re-examine everything he thinks he knows about his life, his town, and the people in... More  →
Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Where Things Come Back

Check Out This Insanely Good 13-Year-Old Singer!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 17, 2012
Carly Rose Sonenclar might be only 13, but she's got the voice of someone much, much older. And it's incredible! Carly performed "Feelin' Good" on The X Factor last week and she's already an internet sensation. The judges were skeptical at first, but Carly's singing... More  →
Check Out This Insanely Good 13-Year-Old Singer!