Skip over navigation

Geek Week Initiation

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 16, 2012
Prospective brothers and sisters, you have made it through your Geek Week pledgeship. You have sufficiently convinced us that you can name all 11 actors who've played Doctor Who (and which ones had perms), can complete the Friday New York Times... More  →
Geek Week Initiation

My Geekiest Moment: I'm Makin' Nachos!

By Lauren PassellJanuary 16, 2012
Splogger Lauren Passell confesses her geekiest moment in honor of Geek Week! —Sparkitors In middle school, I was quite the prize package. I wore huge rimmed glasses (because I had to) and a clip on bow tie, suspenders, and Kangol hat (by choice). Except... More  →
My Geekiest Moment: I'm Makin' Nachos!

Down with Winter Break!

By ContributorJanuary 16, 2012
5 weeks of break is entirely too much break. People in high school probably won't get this. But the college kids out there know what I'm talking about. When you're in college, it's pretty easy to get used to your own schedule. You know, staying up... More  →
Down with Winter Break!

Who Was Your Best-Dressed at the Golden Globes?

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 16, 2012
WHAT'S CRACKA-LACKIN', MY BUTTSKIS? Did anyone happen to catch the Golden Globes last night? I didn't, because I was busy eating peanut butter out of the jar with a fork and putting the finishing touches on my application to be Ryan Gosling's personal chef ("fork... More  →
Who Was Your Best-Dressed at the Golden Globes?

Ask a Teacher: Advice for Overachievers

By Mr. FossJanuary 16, 2012
Q: I'm the type of student who writes two page papers when asked to write a paragraph, corrects teachers, and bursts into tears at the sight of an A-. What do teachers think of students like me? A: I can’t speak for all teachers, but what... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Advice for Overachievers

You'll Have to Listen to This Playlist Twice

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 16, 2012
RingoLover6 loved the first song on this playlist SO MUCH, she built an entire playlist to go with it. We admit, it's pretty good, and definitely worth listening to twice...but you'll have to listen to ALL the songs first. (Seriously, do it.) 1. More  →
You'll Have to Listen to This Playlist Twice

How to Shut Down Pickup Lines

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 13, 2012
Join us out on this limb: pickup lines work basically zero percent of the time. Are we right? Love stories should just begin with the word, "Hi" and evolve over a casual conversation where each person shares likes and dislikes. Maybe a hilarious anecdote or... More  →
How to Shut Down Pickup Lines

Fun Ways to Ask a Guy to Turnabout That Are Almost Like Entrapment

By Lauren PassellJanuary 13, 2012
Haha, just kidding! It's not really entrapment, kind of. But if you're going to be brave and ask someone to Turnabout, you want to ensure the chances of them saying no are as low as possible. So let's get smart, ladies! Let's get tricky. It's... More  →
Fun Ways to Ask a Guy to Turnabout That Are Almost Like Entrapment

Why It's Way More Fun to Crush on Famous (or Fictional) People

By ContributorJanuary 13, 2012
xXxOhime-SamaxXx tells us why it's better to love celebs and imaginary dudes—as if we needed any convincing (JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT OBSESSION, ANYONE???).—Sparkitors We've all had a crush on someone before, right? And maybe some of us have even been judged for our... More  →
Why It's Way More Fun to Crush on Famous (or Fictional) People

Cute Love Songs!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 13, 2012
Maggie sent us this awesome playlist of all the adorable love songs out there...oh, and one extra. If this playlist doesn't make you want to hug a unicorn or pet a fluffy puppy, well, there might be something wrong with you.... More  →
Cute Love Songs!