Skip over navigation

This. Is. Veronathon.

By ContributorJune 30, 2011
strangeNilikeit is blogging her summer at Shakespeare Camp, and it seems like there's not shortage of Romeos to go around. —Sparkitors Sparklers, I’ve been craaaaazy busy. Doing what, you ask? Oh, you know, camping in the woods, memorizing lines, and organizing a colossal 24-hour Romeo... More  →
This. Is. Veronathon.

My Spanish Professor Is Actually Doctor Who

pretty_little_writer has a theory—and if she's right, high school just got REALLY AWESOME.—Sparkitors This past year, I made two important observations. The first was that the show Doctor Who is amazing, and I must have been living under a rock... More  →
My Spanish Professor Is Actually Doctor Who

Megan Prietzel's Summer Readins' (for the Avid Summer Reader)

By Megan PrietzelJune 30, 2011
Summer is awesome and a big part of that awesomeness is that you get to read. THERE ARE BOOKS, AND YOU GET TO READ THEM, AND THERE IS NO TEACHER MAKING YOU ANALYZE THE SYMBOLISM OF THINGS. During the summer, a lot of us go... More  →
Megan Prietzel's Summer Readins' (for the Avid Summer Reader)

I'm In Love-With Your Talent

Adele TheBlond says it's A-OK to crush on a senior citizen—as long as the dude has mad harmonica playin' skillz.—Sparkitors For those of you who aren't familiar with the term "Talent Crush," I'd like to explain. A talent crush... More  →
I'm In Love-With Your Talent

You Know You're from Ukraine When…

Do you have to be Ukrainian to obsessively reuse plastic bags, Octoberbird? Because if so, we're getting on a plane. –Sparkitors Although I’m an immigrant with ten years' (as of June 9th!) experience living in the good old United States, I’ve never doubted that... More  →
You Know You're from Ukraine When…

How to Enjoy Your Summer Without Dying a Horrible, Bloody Death

By Megan PrietzelJune 30, 2011
I love summer. The heat! The no snow parts! The sun that makes things not cold! It’s a magical time when walking around without shoes is not only acceptable behavior, it’s PAR-TAY BEHAVIOR! Feel like jumping face first into a giant cement block containing a... More  →
How to Enjoy Your Summer Without Dying a Horrible, Bloody Death

How to Make Your Waiter/Waitress Like You

By Kathryn_WilliamsJune 29, 2011
The waiter/waitress–patron relationship is a delicate one. As a former waitress, I always want my waiter/waitress to like me. I want him/her to think, "That girl knows what it's like to be a waiter/waitress." I want him/her to go back into the kitchen and announce... More  →
How to Make Your Waiter/Waitress Like You

Holding On: Chapter 12

By ContributorJune 29, 2011
In this chapter of willwriteforhearts' story, we're dying for Nick to reveal his secret to Sam—but will he ever find the courage to do it?—Sparkitors “Will you stop it?” “Stop what?” Nick’s been jittery since last night’s venture and he hadn’t bothered to tell... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 12

Does This Sparkler Have What It Takes To Get a Rhodes Scholarship?

By ContributorJune 29, 2011
a_larae91 wants to land one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world—and she needs your help to do it!—Sparkitors I was under the impression that... More  →
Does This Sparkler Have What It Takes To Get a Rhodes Scholarship?

How To Act When You Run Into Popular Kids Over The Summer

By Jon_SkindzierJune 29, 2011
It's always awkward figuring out how to approach people from school in the summer months, though the problem is a little more pronounced with teachers. (Do they sit around all summer droning about supply-side economics to the dog? Almost certainly yes.) Other... More  →
How To Act When You Run Into Popular Kids Over The Summer