Skip over navigation

C-Dags Has A Plethora of Super-Sweaty Admirers

By Chelsea DaggerMay 3, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post go to: SecretlyAWizard: My mother chastises me when I beg too much for that orange kitten at the pet store. IT'S ONE OF MY DREAMS TO OWN AN ORANGE CAT,... More  →
C-Dags Has A Plethora of Super-Sweaty Admirers

The White House Gathering—I Was There!

By ContributorMay 3, 2011
The rowdy celebrations following Osama Bin Laden's death have provoked controversy and misquoting. Here's Courtney Guth's insider take. —Sparkitors Like many Americans, I can recall exactly where I was on September 11th, 2001. It was a Tuesday morning, and I was a... More  →
The White House Gathering—I Was There!

The Historian

Lonks is 30% done with her goal! AMAZING.—Sparkitors Book #30: The Historian Author: Elizabeth Kostova Reason for Reading: I found it once while playing with the book suggestions feature at My B&N and thought it looked absolutely fascinating. Quote: "As a historian, I have learned... More  →
The Historian

The Perilous Art of Re-Friending on Facebook

amaryllismoon is a genius in the ways of the interwebz.—Sparkitors So you go through your Facebook friends and purge your account of the people you never talk to or don't like because they post weird pictures of ducks every... More  →
The Perilous Art of Re-Friending on Facebook

I'm in Love with My Best Friend

Meet Lyra, who is trying to decide if she should go for her best friend. Even we're not sure what to think! —Sparkitors Searching for love in your best friend is too hard to... More  →
I'm in Love with My Best Friend

The Perfect Cure for a Broken Heart: Poutine!

By ShivaniMay 3, 2011
Getting rejected is bad enough. But getting rejected in a tree?? Shivani deserves some cheese and fries. —Sparkitors Funny story, sparkle-bots: I have been pining away after the most attractive specimen of a man for the past three or so weeks. To be honest, I wasn't... More  →
The Perfect Cure for a Broken Heart: Poutine!

A Few Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Stop Talking About Twilight

Don't worry, TheWittyNickname fully appreciates the irony of a post that talks about not talking about Twilight.—Sparkitors I know you may be sick of the recent flood of Twilight articles, and that just proves my point: WE'VE GOT TO PUT AN END TO THE... More  →
A Few Reasons Why Everyone Needs To Stop Talking About Twilight

The Yankee's Guide to Surviving the South

Yes, ColonelofGC messed with Texas. But put your sawed-off shotguns down, Southern Sparklers, it's satire! –Sparkitors The South is a wonderful place to visit—but only if you're already living there. If you're a Yankee traveling through God's Country, then you'll have a bit more trouble.... More  →
The Yankee's Guide to Surviving the South

HOW COULD THIS HAVE ESCAPED OUR ATTENTION?!?

By Chelsea DaggerMay 3, 2011
DID YOU BUTTS KNOW THAT THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 TRAILER WAS HAPPENING? Of course you did, because unlike Chelsea Dagger, you don't live in a tiny television-less tupperware container in Brooklyn, and you have access to such unthinkable luxuries as "commercials" and "the internet"... More  →
HOW COULD THIS HAVE ESCAPED OUR ATTENTION?!?

You Know You're From Pakistan When...

idkwhy.really. is here to explain her culture to you! —Sparkitors I really do love all of the "You Know You're From..." posts. However, I noticed that nobody has done anything on foreign countries, and even though I grew up in America, my... More  →
You Know You're From Pakistan When...