Skip over navigation

Finals Week: Do or Die

By Lindsay PuvelMay 13, 2011
Analogies are never perfect. Some, however, get pretty darn close. Though Alfred Lord Tennyson was supposedly writing about the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War, the eerie similarities between the experiences described in his iconic poem, “The Charge of the Light Brigade,” and those... More  →
Finals Week: Do or Die

Dropping the Bomb

By ContributorMay 13, 2011
SHE KNOWS. Sparklers, I said in my very first post that my immediate family knows about my sexuality. My mom was the first one to find out, and because I come from a strongly Catholic family, she’s always assumed I would stay single. That is no... More  →
Dropping the Bomb

How to Enjoy Your Mono

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 13, 2011
Good ol' mononucleosis. According to the National Institutes of Health, it is "a viral infection causing fever, sore throat, and swollen lymph glands, especially in the neck." According to your mother, it's the kissing disease—STD Lite. But don't feel like a Victorian prostitute;... More  →
How to Enjoy Your Mono

How To Show Your Appreciation for an SO

By Jon_SkindzierMay 13, 2011
Compliments are like parking tickets: if you don't pay them from time to time, you deserve to have your car impounded. Be forewarned that guys often have difficulty with this, so give them partial credit for at least trying. More  →
How To Show Your Appreciation for an SO

What I Wish I'd Known As A Freshman

Freshmen of the world, rejoice: CaptainMorganaMarie is here to help.—Sparkitors Every once in a while, this little voice in my head goes “Oh, my God. I’m a senior! I’m going to college next year! I’ll... More  →
What I Wish I'd Known As A Freshman

Every Day in France is the Best Day EVER

The more LadyM tells us about her study abroad vacation in France, the more we want to build a machine that will allow us to switch places with her and STEAL HER LIFE.—Sparkitors I had the best day ever—because, for the first time... More  →
Every Day in France is the Best Day EVER

The VLOG: Softball Strategy SPECTACULAR

By Chelsea DaggerMay 13, 2011
If there's one irrefutable rule about softball, it's that winners never cry. But our team never wins, which means we can cry all we want. We cry while we're batting. We cry while we're pitching. We even cry while we're shouting cleverly-rhymed cheers about the... More  →
The VLOG: Softball Strategy SPECTACULAR

Guilty Pleasures That Are Surprisingly Legal

Liz_Nash, we love the way you think. And we demand a membership card to Liz's Love Library! –Sparkitors Some things are so good you just know they have to be bad. But what’s better than demolishing an entire chocolate cake by yourself, or spending... More  →
Guilty Pleasures That Are Surprisingly Legal

You Know You're From Houston When...

ecm8, we wish we were in Texas right now. We're so cold in New York, we've got our gym clothes covering our shivering legs. :( —Sparkitors These "You Know You're from [insert place here] When.." posts have spread faster than the flu in... More  →
You Know You're From Houston When...

You Know You Go to an International School When...

By ContributorMay 12, 2011
An Anonymous Sparkler has us green with envy over her cultured education. —Sparkitors You know you go to an international school when... you "shop" for schools like you're buying a house. you can truly name every person in your grade (because there are usually only around... More  →
You Know You Go to an International School When...