Skip over navigation

Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: Pick a Dress, Any Dress

By ContributorApril 12, 2011
Alright, Sparklers -- you know you want to. It's time to vote on Faye's prom dress! Click through the slides to see Faye in beautiful dresses from Diane & Co., then vote for your favorite! More  →
Faye's Quest for a Prom Date: Pick a Dress, Any Dress

Making My Prom Dress: Almost Finished!

Whimzy could be the next winner of Project Runway; this girl's got sewing SKILLZ.—Sparkitors I can finally see the light at the end of tunnel!  The dress is all put together (and it fits!) and at this point, my big concern is handwork.  The... More  →
Making My Prom Dress: Almost Finished!

Life In a Wheelchair

crimsonandclover23 is one of the bravest Sparklers we know, and we're sure you'll be as inspired by her story as we are!—Sparkitors Hi, Sparklers! Today, I'm here to share my story with you; I'm sure we're a lot alike, but my life has... More  →
Life In a Wheelchair

What NOT To Do When You Get Rejected By SparkLife

mysticjadeshoe knows that just because we don't accept your post, doesn't mean we don't lurve you.—Sparkitors So it's Wednesday, and you've just eagerly pulled up Comments of the Week. Or perhaps you just opened Phi Beta Dagger in hopes... More  →
What NOT To Do When You Get Rejected By SparkLife

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 12, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post go to: JustAnotherUsername: Twas the greatest effrontery I ever bared witness too...he wanted paper AND plastic! sayWHAT??shutUP!!: Say What demonstrated unbelievable effrontery when she suggested she... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

One Year, 100 Books: While We're Far Apart

Lonks is almost 25% done! HOORAH!—Sparkitors Book #24: While We’re Far Apart Author: Lynn Austin Reason for Reading: My mom’s best friend lent it to her, and she thought that I’d enjoy it. Quote: Esther's father halted the lazy swaying of the porch swing. "Listen,"... More  →
One Year, 100 Books: While We're Far Apart

Open Thread for April 12

By Chelsea DaggerApril 12, 2011
grace_return7 says: My school did a thing called Marathon Dance which is 27 hours of dancing and raising money for charities. There are costume parties throughout the night, and one of them was "A Day At Sea." My boyfriend decided to be really cool... More  →
Open Thread for April 12

Is High School Just Like College? Kinda.

By ContributorApril 11, 2011
I am continually befuddled by the similarities between high school and college. I mean, in my extremely humble opinion, college kicks high school to the curb, then steals its lunch money. But despite the total pwnage, there is undoubtedly overlap.  As anyone who has ever applied... More  →
Is High School Just Like College? Kinda.

My French Adventure: Springtime in Paris

By ContributorApril 11, 2011
LadyM explores the city of love and lights—and eats Chinese food along the way!—Sparkitors Maybe you know the song Springtime in Paris. It's an Anglo-Franco mix, but roughly translated, the Franco part goes something like this: A croissant for me,... More  →
My French Adventure: Springtime in Paris

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 11, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from Friday's post go to: Sparky007xxx69420666: I have an insatiable appetite for pizza, ice cream, ramen, kool aid, and SparkLife. as396: I have an insatiable desire for my overly loquacious and unnecessarily... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!