Skip over navigation

Railroad Towns=Not Exactly Paradise

By ContributorJune 20, 2011
aleyna22 just moved to a tiny new town—and she also seems to have transported to a new decade. Well, an old decade. A decade from the past? GAH. You get our point.—Sparkitors My darned laptop keeps setting the date to 1980, and... More  →
Railroad Towns=Not Exactly Paradise

How To Deal With an Obsessive Crush

Whales and jails and deep, crush-y tales, from WeDidntStartTheFire! —Sparkitors Everyone has crushes. Everyone, at one point in their life, will be physically attracted to something. These levels of attraction vary however. Usually, it’s an “Oh, you’d make a good mating specimen” type crush.... More  →
How To Deal With an Obsessive Crush

Sisterhood Everlasting

Lonks gives one of her highest ratings yet—and you might be surprised by the book that won her over!—Sparkitors Book #38: Sisterhood Everlasting Author: Ann Brashares Reason for Reading: I call The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books my... More  →
Sisterhood Everlasting

The Three-Day Crush

purpleabsofsteel may have an unfruitful habit of three-day crushes, but we think her current crush sounds promising! —Sparkitors In my life, I’ve had multiple crushes. These boys have been tall, short, fat, skinny, smart, stupid, and much more. Though each of these boys... More  →
The Three-Day Crush

Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg: The Best Bromance Ever

lucille-bluth has zeroed in on two of the cutest, funniest, most talented dudes in Hollywood. We are now officially rabid, hysterical Eisenfield fangirls.—Sparkitors The call to arms of sorts by SparkNotes and the article on bromances got... More  →
Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg: The Best Bromance Ever

Surviving an All-Nighter, the Jewish Way

supertoasty613's night of atonement may or may not have involved donuts. But it DEFINITELY involved coffee. –Sparkitors On the tenth day of June, we Jews celebrated the holiday of Shavuot, on which one of the customs is to stay up learning the... More  →
Surviving an All-Nighter, the Jewish Way

What Should I Do About My Older Crush?

Star Girl keeps messing up when she's around her crush, and she needs your advice! —Sparkitors I'm a girl with a crush. He's smart, and deep, and the bass player of a really awkward band. The guy I have a crush on is my... More  →
What Should I Do About My Older Crush?

How Do I Love Taylor Lautner? Let Me Count The Ways.

LOTR_junkie6 sent in this hilarious parody of Shakespeare's classic sonnet—and all we can say is, Taylor Lautner better watch his back (and his front).—Sparkitors To HND or not to HND, that is the question parents are mortally... More  →
How Do I Love Taylor Lautner? Let Me Count The Ways.

How I Got My First Kiss-In Third Grade, Wearing a Bridesmaid Dress

Even as a 9-year-old, meowing_giraffe had more game than us.—Sparkitors It's the summer of 2005. Four elementary school kids sit outside on a sun-bleached deck, talking about the recently discovered wonders of YouTube. Two of them are... More  →
How I Got My First Kiss-In Third Grade, Wearing a Bridesmaid Dress

Open Thread for June 20

By SparkLifeJune 20, 2011
DOES ANYONE EVEN READ OPEN THREADS ANYMORE? Whatever. It matters not. What DOES matter is that this pic, submitted by prolife795, is AWESOME. The detail! The scope! The spectacularly shiny lenses of her sunglasses! We are in awe. Happy Monday, beezies.... More  →
Open Thread for June 20