Skip over navigation

The Universe Hates Me

By ContributorJune 14, 2011
whompingwillow13 is convinced the world is against her. We definitely remember feeling that way when we were 16, too. Hang in there, dude!–Sparkitors If you’re like me, you know that life isn't a walk in the park. You don’t... More  →
The Universe Hates Me

How To REALLY Get a Girl

keepcalmandcarryon tells the fellas how to land a ladyfriend. (Why did we just start talking like it's 1954?)—Sparkitors So, you’ve all read TanTantheLadiesMan’s thoughts on how to get a girl, but honestly, judging... More  →
How To REALLY Get a Girl

How To Make Your Body Language More Friendly

By Jon_SkindzierJune 14, 2011
You'll occasionally hear that up to 70% of communication is nonverbal. "Nuh uh," other sources will insist, "it's, um, 93%," shortly before some other source concludes that it is, in fact, one million percent. These figures are all sort of More  →
How To Make Your Body Language More Friendly

Do You Ride a Kangaroo to School? And Other Questions NEVER To Ask an Australian

Aussie native tumtumtree takes pity on us Yanks and answers our dumbest questions...except the one about Marmite, which we're afraid to ask. –Sparkitors Every country has its stereotypes. We all know that every single Canadian loves ice hockey, people from... More  →
Do You Ride a Kangaroo to School? And Other Questions NEVER To Ask an Australian

Why The Tony's Were Ah-mazing

fruitninjaa MADE THESE CUPCAKES. With her BARE HANDS. Each one has its own little starched white shirt and tie as a nod to the hit Broadway play "The Book of Mormon." If we were going to fall... More  →
Why The Tony's Were Ah-mazing

Open Thread for June 14

By SparkLifeJune 14, 2011
Pistachiosaregreat is the most hard-core studier we've ever seen; what you're looking at is a WALL of notes, all hand-written by her in the tiniest letters imaginable. Pistachios calls it the "Wall of Philosophical and Ethical Musings (read: PAIN)." We hope... More  →
Open Thread for June 14

You Know You're From Manassas When...

By ContributorJune 13, 2011
It seems like mach1mustanggrl spends a lot of time in her car. But judging by her username, at least it sounds like a nice car. —Sparkitors Manassas is a suburb about 20 minutes (with no traffic, which never happens) away from Washington DC.... More  →
You Know You're From Manassas When...

7 Reasons Why "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Is Still An Amazing Show

hekore11 hated vampires before hating vampires was cool. That's hardcore.—Sparkitors This show was awesome way before Twilight-mania struck, and it's still awesome even after Stephenie Meyers ruined vampires for everyone. Need more convincing?... More  →
7 Reasons Why

Everlost

Lonks tackles another Shusterman book—and thankfully, this one sounds a lot less terrifying.—Sparkitors Book #37: Everlost Author: Neil Shusterman Reason for Reading: I really enjoyed Unwind, but a lot of Sparklers told me that it was not Shusterman’s best work. Then,... More  →
Everlost

Hey, Your Holiness, Those People Are Grinding

strangeNilikeit is blogging her summer at Shakespeare Camp. We'll admit it: we're insanely jealous. —Sparkitors Apparently I know more Sparklers than I thought. I know a lot of awesome people, and Sparklers are awesome, so there was bound to be some overlap. Any of... More  →
Hey, Your Holiness, Those People Are Grinding