Skip over navigation

7 Reasons Why "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Is Still An Amazing Show

By ContributorJune 13, 2011
hekore11 hated vampires before hating vampires was cool. That's hardcore.—Sparkitors This show was awesome way before Twilight-mania struck, and it's still awesome even after Stephenie Meyers ruined vampires for everyone. Need more convincing?... More  →
7 Reasons Why

Everlost

Lonks tackles another Shusterman book—and thankfully, this one sounds a lot less terrifying.—Sparkitors Book #37: Everlost Author: Neil Shusterman Reason for Reading: I really enjoyed Unwind, but a lot of Sparklers told me that it was not Shusterman’s best work. Then,... More  →
Everlost

Hey, Your Holiness, Those People Are Grinding

strangeNilikeit is blogging her summer at Shakespeare Camp. We'll admit it: we're insanely jealous. —Sparkitors Apparently I know more Sparklers than I thought. I know a lot of awesome people, and Sparklers are awesome, so there was bound to be some overlap. Any of... More  →
Hey, Your Holiness, Those People Are Grinding

Does Anybody Smell A Gas Leak?

We never thought we'd  publish a post on this topic, but TanTanTheLadiesMan changed our minds.—Sparkitors I’m just gonna come out and say it:  This post is about farting (I’d apologize to my mother for using such language, but she’s more... More  →
Does Anybody Smell A Gas Leak?

How to Get Rid of an Unwanted House Guest

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJune 13, 2011
House guests—those friends of your parents who make awkward small talk, tell you how big you've grown, but treat you like you're still in diapers. We know they make you want to tear out all your hair with a toothbrush. We know they make you... More  →
How to Get Rid of an Unwanted House Guest

10 Reasons Why Narwhals Are the Best Animals to Ever Live

NicholleTheNarwhal, we gotta tell you: these things TERRIFY us. We thought they were just myths, and now we are living in fear.—Sparkitors

A few weeks back, TheSillyGiraffe wrote a post explaining why... More  →
10 Reasons Why Narwhals Are the Best Animals to Ever Live

Life After Harry Potter

little_miss_sparky embraces life after Potter; are you strong enough to do the same? We're definitely, definitely not.—Sparkitors On July 15, the final film in the Harry Potter series will be released.... More  →
Life After Harry Potter

Creative Ideas for Summer Diaries

By Lucy HutchinsonJune 13, 2011
Are you about to have the summeriest summer since that teen movie about a really great summer? Of course you are! Your summer is going to be all kinds of fantastic, because we said so! You're going to need to keep a record of events,... More  →
Creative Ideas for Summer Diaries

Open Thread for June 13

By SparkLifeJune 13, 2011
We spent the last 3 hours trying to think up an elaborate joke about "reindeer games," but alas, we got nothin'. So just enjoy this adorable pic of asweetdream361, whose pup is celebrating Christmas in June.... More  →
Open Thread for June 13

How Do You Cure Writer's Block?

By ContributorJune 10, 2011
Courtney Guth is so blocked, she's basically Leonardo DiCaprio. —Sparkitors As I write this, it's 12:03 AM. My problem: this article was due three minutes ago, and I’ve encountered that which all writers fear—writer’s block. Gasp! Yes. Writer’s block is terrible, terrible predicament for... More  →
How Do You Cure Writer's Block?