Search Menu
Menu

Val's Favorite Fall Looks

By Valerie BurnSeptember 11, 2012
Don’t get me wrong—I love summer. But I really love fall. I like being able to cover up a little and I really, really, really (x 100) (can you tell I really like this?) like layering. Still, I hate putting away all my cute colorful pieces. So this fall, I vow to combin More  →
Val's Favorite Fall Looks

They Might Rename a Town in Kansas "Smallville." No, Really!

By Celina DurginSeptember 11, 2012
One comic book geek is determined to make Smallville a reality. His Facebook page dedicated to changing the name of Hutchinson, Kansas to “Smallville” is approaching 2,000 likes. Artist and die-hard Superman fan Christopher Wietrick created the page in July with co-founders Ben... More  →
They Might Rename a Town in Kansas "Smallville." No, Really!

How to Crush on a Teacher

By Caitlin O’TooleSeptember 10, 2012
We’ve all been there. We’ve all had gnawing crushes on teachers that just won’t go away. So, what do you do about them? We’ve got some tips and tricks that’ll help make the most of your crush … without crossing any lines! First things first: Be... More  →
How to Crush on a Teacher

My Attempt At Being A Fashionista: A Chronicle of Fashion's Night Out

By Lisa BernierSeptember 10, 2012
For the past 4 years, Fashion's Night Out has been an integral part of New York Fashion Week. FNO invades Manhattan for one day each September, when participating stores stay open late hosting designers, models, celebrities, and fashion-obsessed regular people for... More  →
My Attempt At Being A Fashionista: A Chronicle of Fashion's Night Out

10 Best Compliments For Your Teacher

By Lauren PassellSeptember 10, 2012
Nobody likes a butt-kisser, but we all know that there are things you can say that will make your school year a little better, and they just so happen to be semi-butt-kissing-sounding things. If you are lucky, your teacher rocks and these things aren't even... More  →
10 Best Compliments For Your Teacher

Chronicles of a College Sophomore

By FayeSeptember 10, 2012
Reasons sophomore year of college is the best year, ever: 1. Because I’ll be your exclusive source for all the AWESOME! But who am I? I’m Faye! I've been writing for SparkLife since high school, when you guys picked my prom dress. And... More  →
Chronicles of a College Sophomore

Spillit.me: One More Way To Find Out What People Think About You

By Lisa BernierSeptember 10, 2012
Recently, I stumbled across a site called spillit.me. The concept of the site is that you enter your information, make a quick profile, and then are able to select personal questions that people—friends, family, anonymous strangers—can answer. Terrifying but intriguing, right? I filled out a... More  →
Spillit.me: One More Way To Find Out What People Think About You

How to Pull an All-Nighter for No Particular Reason

By ContributorSeptember 10, 2012
We all hate bed times, and bed times hate us. Too bad our parents don’t understand the need for us to stay up late and just enjoy the night while it lasts. But what if, on the off chance you do pull an all-nighter, you... More  →
How to Pull an All-Nighter for No Particular Reason

How to Be the Worst Babysitter Ever

By ElodieSeptember 10, 2012
It’s not all that hard to be a halfway capable babysitter. What takes real skill is achieving the kind of blatant incompetence with children that most people associate with convicted criminals or Phil from The Hangover. If that’s your noble goal, this guide is all... More  →
How to Be the Worst Babysitter Ever

What Kind of Geek Chick Are You?

By Allison EmmSeptember 10, 2012
Dearest Lady Masterminds! If you’re on this site, you’re obviously a geek. But have you ever wondered what subgenre of geek? While each of you is undoubtedly a unique combination, this quiz might help you narrow it down. Enjoy! 1. Your bedroom is decorated with: a)      Vintage... More  →
What Kind of Geek Chick Are You?