Search Menu
Menu

Chelsea Dagger vs. Dan Bergstein: The Great SparkLife War!

By ContributorAugust 28, 2012
Howdy Sparklers!  Metalhead and I (crazywritergirl) were overwhelmed and ecstatic at the response to last week’s article. Thanks to one smashing commenter, I have a new singleness-power line: “I am a strong nerdy white chick…”  You, my dear, are... More  →
Chelsea Dagger vs. Dan Bergstein: The Great SparkLife War!

Things You Didn't Know You Needed for Back to School

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 28, 2012
Most people pack their backpacks full of boring, useful things like pens, notebooks, and other school supplies. But we know better. We know that school requires an entire aresenal of tools, and school supplies are just the beginning. The strong, the creative, THE SURVIVORS c More  →
9 Things You Didn't Know You Needed for Your Back-to-School Survival Kit

The 17 Best Back-To-School Books

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 27, 2012
Yep, even better than the year when your Spanish teacher brought cupcakes every Wednesday. Why will this school year be so awesome? Because you're going to be the best version of yourself—confident, brilliant, and hardly sweaty at all—once you read the books on this list More  →
The 17 Best Back-To-School Books

Meet Some of The NFL's Geekiest Players!

By Beth MishlerAugust 27, 2012
The NFL’s regular season is set to begin soon, so we decided to celebrate it, Mindhut style—by paying tribute to some of the sport’s geekiest guys. Here’s a list of the most geek-friendly football players playing in the NFL today: Lance Briggs, Chicago Bears Linebacker Briggs, a... More  →
Meet Some of The NFL's Geekiest Players!

What If Members of One Direction Invaded Your Favorite TV Show?

By Josh SorokachAugust 27, 2012
Recently, I stumbled across a little band named One Direction and let me tell you something, these kids got it. What’s “it” exactly? One might describe it as an ineffable quality you need to personally experience to fully understand. I describe it as a musical... More  →
What If Members of One Direction Invaded Your Favorite TV Show?

What I Learned My First Week On Campus

By ContributorAugust 27, 2012
I have officially been living on campus at my brand new college for 1 week now, and as one might expect, things aren't quite the way I expected them to be... So I decided to make a list of the top things I have learned... More  →
What I Learned My First Week On Campus

Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Every Other Day

Book: Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Synopsis: Kali D’Angelo is your typical high school outcast, but only every other day. The rest of the time she’s kind of a superhero (imagine if Claire Bennet from Heroes was somehow blended with Alice from... More  →
Blogging B&N Teen Must-Reads: Every Other Day

Premium Rush is An Action-Packed Thrill Ride

"Yeah, I ride. Fixed gear. Steel frame. No brakes. Can't stop...don't want to." That and Joseph Gordon-Levitt flying through the air in slow motion start off one of the more exciting and more obscure films I've seen this year. At its core, Premium Rush is an... More  →
Premium Rush is An Action-Packed Thrill Ride

Neil Armstrong, We'll Miss You!

By Robert IsenbergAugust 27, 2012
This past weekend, Neil Armstrong passed away. Like firefighters and saints, NASA astronauts are some of the most uncontroversially awesome people to walk the Earth—or any cosmic body, for that matter—and his passing is felt by all. But heroes are heroic for different reasons to... More  →
Neil Armstrong, We'll Miss You!

Faye's Summer Recap: Awkward Romance GALORE

By FayeAugust 24, 2012
NOTHING! I did nothing this entire summer. You can stop reading right now because I’ve got nothing to say. Zero, zip, nada. At least, that’s what it feels like whenever I think about the last 117 days. Lucky for me and my awful memory, I took... More  →
Faye's Summer Recap: Awkward Romance GALORE