Skip over navigation

How To Entertain Small Children Using Deception and Foot-races

By ContributorJuly 7, 2011
Flyergirl13 is much better at hanging out with little kids than we are; we usually just give them 23 Red Bulls and lock them in the bathroom. And yes, there are several pending lawsuits.—Sparkitors I spent a week in The Middle Of Nowhere,... More  →
How To Entertain Small Children Using Deception and Foot-races

Stupid Questions About Lord of the Rings-Answered!

By ContributorJuly 7, 2011
Chloechum is an expert on all things elvish and Tolkien-y—but does she have the answer's to Dan's burning questions?—Sparkitors After reading Mr. Bergstein’s questions about the Lord of the Rings, as a dedicated Ringer I felt compelled to explain. I’m sure... More  →
Stupid Questions About Lord of the Rings-Answered!

How to Pack for College (and the Real World)

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 6, 2011
Whether you're moving away for good or just heading off to college, packing your whole life into a handful of boxes is a frustrating chore, in part because you will almost certainly fail at it. You'll get to wherever you're going and... More  →
How to Pack for College (and the Real World)

How to Not Feel Awkward In Your Bathing Suit

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 6, 2011
Self-conscious at the pool? Hey, you're not alone! The prospect of being seen publicly in a bathing suit can reduce even the bravest human to a quivering blob of terrified jelly. But before you throw in the towel and spend your summer inside, we've got some useful tips and t More  →
The Illustrated Guide to Conquering Bikiniphobia

Princess Nevermore: A Nostalgic (and Vaguely Hostile) Look Back

By ContributorJuly 6, 2011

Nicole-Lyn is back with another hilarious book review!—Sparkitors

I’ve written and read a few book reviews in my time, and now I want to do something that will get readers to say that I'm “startlingly original...breathtakingly funny...the thesaurus is... More  →
Princess Nevermore: A Nostalgic (and Vaguely Hostile) Look Back

How to Succeed at Shakespeare Without Really Trying

strangeNilikeit is blogging Shakespeare camp, n-we-like-it. —Sparkitors This past week at Shakespeare Camp has been crazy. As our assistant director Rainbow says, “Things just got real, son.” The Bus Song Contest was as entertaining as ever. My bus, the Upper Maryland Narwhals... More  →
How to Succeed at Shakespeare Without Really Trying

Corporal Punishment: It Actually Sounds Like a Great Idea! (OR NOT.)

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 6, 2011
GET THIS: At St. Augustine, a New Orleans high school, students are protesting—not because they want to put an end to paddling (the disciplinary practice of beating a student on the backside with a wooden paddle) but because they want to bring paddling... More  →
Corporal Punishment: It Actually Sounds Like a Great Idea! (OR NOT.)

July Horoscopes

By Dan_BergsteinJuly 6, 2011
Why are you wearing pants? There is no reason to wear pants in July unless you’re 80, and then you should always wear pants because no one wants to see your granny gams. Will this be a month of relaxation and rest, or a month... More  →
July Horoscopes

Here, There Be Dragons

Did Lonks think this book was a winner or a dud? Read on to find out!—Sparkitors Book #42: Here, There Be Dragons Author: James A. Owen Reason for Reading: Sparkler lissalovesmusic suggested this on my review of Nine Days... More  →
Here, There Be Dragons

My (Impossibly Awesome, Entirely Imaginary) Future Career

LadyM doesn't require much out of her job; just a million-dollar salary and a playpen for her horse.—Sparkitors I guess I've reached that point in my life: the end of my senior year, the moment when I've got to start making preparations for the... More  →
My (Impossibly Awesome, Entirely Imaginary) Future Career