Skip over navigation

In or Out: Carey Mulligan's Blue Shoes

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 20, 2012
It's Casual Friday at the SparkLife office, and on Casual Friday us Sparkitors like to take full advantage of a time-honored and beloved tradition: mocking Dan Bergstein's choice of footwear. Last week he strutted in wearing a pair of 6-inch yellow heels, and man oh man,... More  →
In or Out: Carey Mulligan's Blue Shoes

Good Ol' Country Music

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 20, 2012
Wolfenwarrior was kind enough to point out that we here on SparkLife are severly lacking in country music...which is true, because, well, this little intern hates country music. (Except for Taylor Swift, who is kinda too gooey to hate.) In any... More  →
Good Ol' Country Music

The Geek Quiz: What Kind of Geek Are You?

By Melissa AlbertJanuary 20, 2012
Hey, you! Yeah, you, the one sitting there reading this Internet quiz about geeks, during Geek Week, on a site that celebrates geekiness 366 days a year. You've already accepted, nay, embraced both your inner and outer geek—you've even survived the grueling... More  →
The Geek Quiz: What Kind of Geek Are You?

The Illustrated Guide To Geekery

By kat_rosenfieldJanuary 19, 2012
You might have noticed that Geek Week has come to SparkLife—and with it, a celebration of all things nerdtastic and geekalicious! But there's just one problem: some of you... well, how to put this delicately?... just aren't geeky enough to play ball. But that's okay! Becau More  →
The Illustrated Guide To Geekery

Ask a Teacher: Does Your Mind Ever Wander While You're Teaching?

By Mr. JungJanuary 19, 2012
Q: Does your mind ever wander while you’re teaching class? What do you think about? A: To be honest, my mind stays razor-focused at all times, and brings an almost frightening intensity to bear on every single solitary…I’m sorry, what were we talking about? The apartment... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Does Your Mind Ever Wander While You're Teaching?

#27: Dancing in Public

By ContributorJanuary 19, 2012
Talie's blogging her bucket list! Jealous? We are! —Sparkitors This week was like a roller coaster ride through Crazytown. I started my new job as a personal assistant, which means that not only do I have to manage my life, but also someone else’s... More  →
#27: Dancing in Public

The Lazy (and Cheap!) Girl's Guide to Beauty 'N Stuff

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 19, 2012
Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves, ladies; the tips below are foolproof ways to avoid beauty faux-pas! They're also ideal if you're lazy and uncoordinated, because let's be honest; makeup's fun and all, but we're not splitting atoms over here. Use 'em and love 'em! Or,... More  →
The Lazy (and Cheap!) Girl's Guide to Beauty 'N Stuff

How To Name Your Indie Band

By Brandon SpecktorJanuary 19, 2012
So, you’re in a band! You wrote some material, met a drummer who doesn't smell like his parents' garage, and you’re finally getting that take of "(Jenny You Are My) App Store" down tight. But now you have a decision to make. It is the hardest,... More  →
How To Name Your Indie Band

The 5 Albums I'm Most Excited for in 2012

Music expert Metalhead presents the list of albums he can't wait to listen to!—Sparkitors In just the first two weeks of January, my Facebook feed has been flooded with a ton of my favorite bands (old and new) announcing that, yes, they're bringing... More  →
The 5 Albums I'm Most Excited for in 2012

Are English Classes Totally Worthless?

SirAlecoftheIntegral makes a bold claim, but can he back up his big talk? (We're really into the phrase "big talk" right now.)—Sparkitors I recently read a SparkLife post all about the Glorious Classics, and I couldn’t help but think how... More  →
Are English Classes Totally Worthless?