Skip over navigation

10 Ways to Guarantee a New Year's Eve Kiss

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 29, 2011
Lights are twinkling, confetti is falling, and a 20-piece brass band suddenly appeared out of nowhere to play Auld Lang Syne. You close your eyes, pucker your lips, stick your face out, and... open your eyes, realize no one's there, and excuse yourself to the... More  →
10 Ways to Guarantee a New Year's Eve Kiss

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic 101

By ContributorDecember 29, 2011
SomedayI'llBePartOfYourWorld is here to educate you on My Little Pony. Are you ready to become a bronie? —Sparkitors Ever since regenerating into a bronie (still not a ginger though), I have become aware of the complete dearth of pony material... More  →
My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic 101

Top Ten Ways to Get Your SO to Dump You

By Josh PeriloDecember 28, 2011
So, you think your relationship has run its course, but you don’t really know how to end things. In fact, you don’t really want to end things. It’s difficult to find the words, the timing, and the guts to pull the plug... More  →
Top Ten Ways to Get Your SO to Dump You

The Woes of Being Way Too Tall

By ContributorDecember 28, 2011
vballsoccerhorsechic is fed up with all the fun-sized whiners out there. Can you blame her?—Sparkitors Over my career as a professional Sparkler, and human in general, I’ve read/heard/seen/experienced a lot of complaints about being short. And although I’m sure being... More  →
The Woes of Being Way Too Tall

Ask a Teacher: Do You Get Upset When Students Know Things You Don't?

By Mr. TocheDecember 28, 2011
Q: Do you get upset when students know things you don't? A: Of course not. I mean, of course students will know things I don't. For example, I don't watch much TV, get to the movies very often, or keep up with popular music. Yes, I'm old.... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Do You Get Upset When Students Know Things You Don't?

A Field Guide to Terrible Guys

Worried about dating? Never fear! pandasaurus1 is here to save you from a billion dating mistakes! —Sparkitors I have dated a pretty decent amount in my short lifetime and I have seen it all. You see, Sparklers and... More  →
A Field Guide to Terrible Guys

Let's Just Be Friends

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 28, 2011
For all of you Sparklers and Manklers out there stuck in the friend zone, Niva has found a song you can relate to. Well, mostly. Except for maybe the part about stapling signs to your forehead, because ouch. Send in your favorite videos to contribute@sparknotes.com!... More  →
Let's Just Be Friends

Back in the Mainstream: Popular Music that Rocks

TetrisIScool is 'fessing up to her un-hipster-like music tastes. Can anybody relate?—Sparkitors There was a time in my life where I tried my hardest to avoid the mainstream music scene. I was sick of the overdone computer-generated beats and fake baselines accompanied... More  →
Back in the Mainstream: Popular Music that Rocks

Should You Choose Reincarnation?

By ContributorDecember 27, 2011
UnicornDangerClub-CornOnMyHead doesn't want you facing death until you've weighed all your options. –Sparkitors So, dying’s not fun. I mean, I'm pretty sure it’s not fun, but opinions do vary on what happens when you’re actually dead. Of course, everyone knows that the Grim Reaper... More  →
Should You Choose Reincarnation?

Ask a Teacher: Can You Tell When a Student Has a Crush on You?

By Ms. DameDecember 27, 2011
Q: Can you guys tell when a student has a crush on you? And what, if anything, do you do about it? A: Teachers can absolutely tell when students have crushes on them. I know I can. I can take any number of approaches when... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Can You Tell When a Student Has a Crush on You?