Search Menu
Menu

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Ender's Game

By ContributorAugust 7, 2012
Check out all of dac213's series here! Book: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card Synopsis: It’s the future, and the earth has barely survived two wars with the buggers (aliens intent on destroying humanity). The world government, certain that... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must Reads: Ender's Game

How to Daydream About Your First Kiss

By ContributorAugust 7, 2012
I, like many Sparklers, am NBK. But I am also VGAFAGFNBKTBK, or Very Good At Fanaticizing About Going From NBK To BK. Yeah it’s a long acronym, but WHO CARES. So get your head off the pillow and listen up, cause instead of helping you... More  →
How to Daydream About Your First Kiss

Win a Date With Josh Hutcherson!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 7, 2012
Guys, your lives are about to become a romantic comedy. Why? Because Josh Hutcherson is auctioning himself off for charity! It's a dream come true! Well, sort of. Josh Hutcherson is auctioning off five tickets to a group dinner with him; the proceeds will benefit Abby... More  →
Win a Date With Josh Hutcherson!

The Great Gatsby Is Pushed Back to 2013

Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby was supposed to come out this December, along with Les Miserables and The Hobbit (two other books-turned-movies that we're super excited about). Buuuuuut...Gatsby isn't going to come out this year. The movie's release has been delayed until the summer of 2013,... More  →
The Great Gatsby Is Pushed Back to 2013

The Final Maximum Ride Book Is Out!

Nevermore: The Final Maximum Ride Adventure came out yesterday. As the title suggests, it's the eighth and final book in the Maximum Ride series and, well, we're kind of glad it's over. Don't get us wrong, we're still eager to know what happens (Will the... More  →
The Final Maximum Ride Book Is Out!

Awkward Episode 6: "What Comes First: Love or Sex?" Recap

By Molly HoranAugust 6, 2012
Three Little Words Jenna is freaking out because Jake declared his love for her and she answered with an oh-so-poetic, "Awesome." Her mood isn't brightened by the news that her mom's best friend is engaged to a guy... More  →
Awkward Episode 6: "What Comes First: Love or Sex?" Recap

Happy Monday Thoughts

By Emily WinterAugust 6, 2012
It has come to my attention that today is the first day of school for some of you. Luckily, even I, the grumpiest Sparkitor, keep a few inspirational one-liners in my back pocket for emotionally rainy Mondays. This is a slideshow of all of them. (Though, from now on, I'll pr More  →
Happy Monday Thoughts

Would You Go to Video Game High School?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 6, 2012
Okay, we all know the day is coming when video gaming will be the most popular sport out there, and video game stars will be idolized like famous athletes, and nerds will rule the world. We do all know this day is coming, right? Well, that... More  →
Would You Go to Video Game High School?

We Feel Really, Really Bad for McKayla Maroney

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 6, 2012
16-year-old McKayla Maroney is an amazing gymnast. She's recognized almost universally as the world's best vaulter, especially after her near perfect vault in the team finals, which she stuck with an incredible landing. And that's why it's such a shock that she didn't win the... More  →
We Feel Really, Really Bad for McKayla Maroney

The Great Gymnastics Hair Debate

By EmmaAugust 6, 2012
The U.S. women's gymnastics team is the #1 best in the world. They are supreme athletes who can basically fly. They are perfect in almost every way. But they have one weakness: Their bizarrely messy half-ponytails! OK, obviously the hair debate... More  →
The Great Gymnastics Hair Debate