Skip over navigation

Why Running is the Coolest Noun I Know (Plus a Shout-out to My Mom!)

By ContributorMay 19, 2011
InsaneRunningKid really must be crazy; jogging for more than 3 feet makes us want to barf, and then die, covered in barf. It's not pretty, is what we're saying.—Sparkitors Running is probably the most fantabulastic thing known to man,... More  →
Why Running is the Coolest Noun I Know (Plus a Shout-out to My Mom!)

The Profound Lesson I Learned From Getting Pantsed In Front Of My Crush

This hilarious story by mckenna has an "Appreciation Days" twist you'd never expect!–Sparkitors There I was, my face blushing the unfortunate color of a tomato, my hands shaking from gripping plastic rocks, my legs rooted to the ground, unsure of how to react... More  →
The Profound Lesson I Learned From Getting Pantsed In Front Of My Crush

Elodie Tackles "That Guy" (Figuratively, Not Literally)

thenameselodie wants to find love, but she's still hung up on a crush that just won't quit!—Sparkitors My senior year is winding down. Mock elections are coming up, grad party invites are being handed out like candy on Halloween,... More  →
Elodie Tackles

Pick Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

By Chelsea DaggerMay 19, 2011
The moment has finally arrived, Sparklebutts: it's time to pick your SparkLife prom king and queen! This slideshow is filled to the bursting with adorable pics of all y'all in your finest prom frippery, and it's your job to pick which of your peeps deserves to wear the crown More  →
Pick Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

Freshman Year is OVER

By ContributorMay 18, 2011
Courtney Guth is done with her first year—we can hardly believe it! Time flies! *sniff* —Sparkitors The essay prompt asked me to describe my personal mantra and how it related it to my everyday life. I sat for a while and pondered. This was... More  →
Freshman Year is OVER

How To Appreciate Things (If You Are Kind Of Spoiled)

By Jon_SkindzierMay 18, 2011
We're all at least a little spoiled, in the sense that we're typing this on a computer and you're reading it on one (or on a phone that would have qualified as a secret government supercomputer a decade ago). Sometimes we all need... More  →
How To Appreciate Things (If You Are Kind Of Spoiled)

Top Five Reasons to Love Your Teachers

tbug15 loves teachers, and we can see why! —Sparkitors The Sparkitors asked us to write about something "spectacular" or "thrilling" for Appreciation Days. And while most people do not describe their teachers using either of those words, I think teachers deserve them. I say... More  →
Top Five Reasons to Love Your Teachers

Love Me or Leave Me... Alone

Lyra still can't stop daydreaming about a future romance with her best friend James, but now she's wondering if he's different from all other immature teenage boys. —Sparkitors James, James, James… The name rings down every street of my mind. It’s like a fire drill... More  →
Love Me or Leave Me... Alone

Holding On: Chapter 9

In willwriteforhearts last chapter, Nick was contacted by a mysterious man—but does he want to help him or hurt him? “Is…” My voice rises quickly, getting hysterically loud. Keeping my eyes on him, I hesitantly put my backpack on the kitchen table... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 9

Megan Prietzel is Blogging Wicked Lovely. For Reals.

By Megan PrietzelMay 18, 2011
A few things before I begin: I know this book is about fairies. I know that a lot of people like it. I know that I like fairies, and therefore, I ought to like it too. And with that said, let’s dive right in, shall... More  →
Megan Prietzel is Blogging Wicked Lovely. For Reals.