Search Menu
Menu

Help a N00b: Where Should I Start with Doctor Who?

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 21, 2012
I'm a fan of time travel. I was raised on movies like Terminator and Back To The Future, and video games like Chrono Trigger. (If you're unfamiliar with this title, Google "the best game ever made and actually the peak of human achievement.") But for... More  →
Help a N00b: Where Should I Start with Doctor Who?

The Superfantastic Friday Awards!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 21, 2012
Whoopie for Fridays! We love Fridays. Why? Because each weekend means that Winter Break is getting closer. (No, it's definitely not too early to get excited for the Holidays.)... More  →
The Superfantastic Friday Awards!

How To Pick Your Pseudonym

By Lisa BernierSeptember 21, 2012
So you've decided that you want to be a writer. Yay! Here's what awaits you: sleepless nights, copious amounts of caffeine, a constant stream of rejection, TONS of editing, and more rejection. If none of this puts you off, then congratulations,  and welcome to the... More  →
How To Pick Your Pseudonym

Gale, She's Just Not That Into You: Our Favorite Fictional Characters in the Friendzone

By Melissa AlbertSeptember 21, 2012
Nothing's worse than being put in the friendzone...except, of course, having strangers start walking around wearing T-shirts with "TEAM (YOUR ROMANTIC RIVAL)" written on them. But everyone loves a love triangle, and somebody's gotta be left out. To celebrate all the... More  →
Gale, She's Just Not That Into You: Our Favorite Fictional Characters in the Friendzone

The Casual Vacancy Book Club Starts RIGHT HERE on Thursday!

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 21, 2012
Less than a week, y'all! While you've been enchanting your eyeballs and index fingers in preparation for the release of J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, we've been busy sewing tweed patches on our cloaks and bloomers. Know why? 'Cause starting next Thursday SparkLife will be the... More  →
The Casual Vacancy Book Club Starts RIGHT HERE on Thursday!

Shel Silverstein: Celebrating the Man, the Myth, the Legend

By Chrissie GruebelSeptember 21, 2012
I will sing Shel Silverstein's praises from every mountaintop forever and ever, until the end of days. I remember my sister getting Where the Sidewalk Ends for a birthday or something—I have no idea who gave it to her but, oh man. We read that... More  →
Shel Silverstein: Celebrating the Man, the Myth, the Legend

The Hunger Games: A Bad Lip-Reading

By Jennifer GrudzieckiSeptember 21, 2012
What do we love more than the Hunger Games? The Hunger Games combined with funny stuff! And that's why we love this bad lip-reading of some scenes from the Hunger Games movie so much: because it's hilarious, and actually kind of plausible, and okay, fine, because... More  →
The Hunger Games: A Bad Lip-Reading

In Defense of Sororities (and Toga Parties)

By FayeSeptember 21, 2012
All sorority girls are the same. Why should I have to pay for friends? Girls in sororities refuse to hang out with non-sorority girls. Either you’ve heard things like this, or you’ve actually witnessed something that convinced you that sororities are full of hazing, stupid, mean girls who... More  →
In Defense of Sororities (and Toga Parties)

Ask a Teacher Is Back!

By Emily WinterSeptember 21, 2012
Attention, Pudding Faces. (We mean that with love. We're starving.) After a summer hiatus, SparkLife's Ask a Teacher column is BACK IN ACTION. What does this mean for you? It's time to fill up you metaphorical paint gun with every question you've ever wanted to ask... More  →
Ask a Teacher Is Back!