Skip over navigation

Is Teen Tanning About to Be Banned?

By Jennifer GrudzieckiMay 31, 2012
Watch out, all ye summer sunbathers: the governments about to pass a law that's going to stop you from laying in the sun! Okay, just kidding, but almost. Here's what's up: in many states, like New York and New Jersey, the legal age for allowing teens... More  →
Is Teen Tanning About to Be Banned?

Red Carpet Style at Cannes-Part 2!

By Chelsea DaggerMay 30, 2012
But the Cannes slideshows will NEVER, EVER END. (Except today is the last one, so enjoy it.) Let's all take a gander at what the celebs wore on the Riviera red carpet and mock them mercilessly for any fashion missteps. (JUST KIDDING. We would never mock. Well, maybe silently More  →
Red Carpet Style at Cannes-Part Deux!

Which Actor Likes Singing to Taylor Swift?

By Aislinn ShevlinMay 30, 2012
The floor of the Sistine Chapel... #underrated More  →
Which Actor Likes Singing to Taylor Swift?

6 Television Shows to Watch to Counter Your Sherlock Withdrawal

By ContributorMay 30, 2012
If you're like me, Sherlock left a hole in your heart the size of which you haven't seen since you watched all of the Doctor Who episodes in one pajama-clad week. You wonder why the boys in your life lack Cumberbatchian cheekbones. You... More  →
6 Television Shows to Watch to Counter Your Sherlock Withdrawal

Cute Animals Share Their Thoughts About Summer

By Kathryn_WilliamsMay 30, 2012
We're over the Memorial Day hump, which means, IT'S SUMMER!!!! (Sorry, Southern-Hemi Sparklers.) We did not see any giraffes, ducks, or fainting goats at our holiday barbecue (though the gopher got belligerently drunk on spiked watermelon), but that does not mean the wild ki More  →
Cute Animals Share Their Thoughts About Summer

How Fictional Characters Can Affect Your LIFE

By ElodieMay 30, 2012
Since we’re all Sparklers and self-proclaimed nerds of the highest caliber, it’s no surprise to us that fictional universes can be life-changing. Who here sobbed at the end of The Book Thief? How many of us started fist pumping uncontrollably when Gryffindor won the... More  →
How Fictional Characters Can Affect Your LIFE

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Protecting Your Horcruxes

By reidfaylorMay 30, 2012
FROM: Pianogirrl Reid, I've had a boyfriend for 8 months today!! And well the problem is...there are a few guys ummm still after me as u say it. kinda creepy cuz their in my gym classes and next to me in mmost of... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Protecting Your Horcruxes

The Trailer for Les Miserables is HERE!

By Chelsea DaggerMay 30, 2012
Remember back in the day when you guys had CODE RED PANIC ATTACKS over the news that Les Miserables was soon to become a major motion picture? You gave the distinct impression (by stating it outright) that if Hollywood botched this... More  →
The Trailer for Les Miserables is HERE!

How to Dump a Friend

By Randy WalkerMay 30, 2012
It happens to everyone: you meet someone, you like him/her, you enjoy this person's company, you start hanging out, you go to each other houses, you become friends. Everything’s great. And then, for one reason or another, there comes a point when you realize you... More  →
How to Dump a Friend

Metalhead Update: Things Are Happening!

By ContributorMay 30, 2012
Catch up on Metalhead's latest NBK news here! So, I have some cool news for you guys. First of all, Lindsay (who you've probably met by now) and I have a bit of a scheme. Seeing as our Drama teacher/director/etc. is... More  →
Metalhead Update: Things Are Happening!