Skip over navigation
Prom

Comedians Are as Hot as Oatmeal That Is On FIRE

By ContributorSeptember 19, 2011
TanTan knows the secret to winning your crush's heart: make 'em laugh.—Sparkitors Why did the super-attractive lady cross the road? Because the guy on the other side was hilarious! HAHAHA. See what I did there? I made a funny about how girls... More  →
Comedians Are as Hot as Oatmeal That Is On FIRE

The 5 Stages of Grade Grief

By ContributorSeptember 19, 2011
Sometimes in life, you don't get straight A's. By “you,” I absolutely don't mean “me.” I always get straight A's. Anyway, these are the five stages you pass through when you get, say, a 63% on your Intro to Physics problem set. Denial: You think, "I'm... More  →
The 5 Stages of Grade Grief

Nothing Rhymes with "The Emmys" (Believe Us, We've Tried)

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 19, 2011
Okay, so we didn't actually WATCH the Emmys (mostly because the tiny Brooklyn hovel in which we reside does not have a television)—but, thanks to the limitless magic of the internets, we're now certifiable experts on what went down at last night's award show. Consider... More  →
Nothing Rhymes with

Real Life Shiz with Ash

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 19, 2011
Good morning, Sparklers, and thank you for attending my class on REAL LIFE SHIZ. I wish there had been a class like this when I was in high school. All I learned was that we need to know enough math, science, and English to... More  →
Real Life Shiz with Ash

Open Thread for September 19

By SparkLifeSeptember 19, 2011
soccer2rules<333 sent us this adorable pic along with this message: This is a hat I got at the mall, the hat's name is Wombat and the penguin I'm holding is my penguin Glacier :D I LOVE PENGUINS!!! and hermionerules5 and... More  →
Open Thread for September 19

12 Ways to Spot a Freshman

By ContributorSeptember 16, 2011
Being able to spot a freshman is a valuable life skill. Seriously. Freshmen are fun friends to have—for some reason, they look up to you. Believe you're full of wisdom. There are a couple of freshman girls on campus who know me only as “Emma... More  →
12 Ways to Spot a Freshman

Ask Jono: Dating a Sibling's Ex

By Jon_SkindzierSeptember 16, 2011
Dear Jono, I come to you with a question of social acceptability. You see, there is this boy. He is a senior, and I am a junior. We've gotten to know each other somewhat recently; we've been talking a lot and he has asked... More  →
Ask Jono: Dating a Sibling's Ex

Ask a Teacher: How Do You Deal With Serious Student Problems?

By Mr. JungSeptember 16, 2011
Q: How do you deal with serious student problems? A: Be forewarned: you won’t, I hope, find much humor in this post. Jokes would be in bad taste, I think. But the question is a good one, and since it was put to me, I’ll do... More  →
Ask a Teacher: How Do You Deal With Serious Student Problems?

How to Save a Dying Conversation

Flyergirl13 tells you how to breathe life back into a convo that's headed for dead. Check out her personal blog here!—Sparkitors We've all had conversations, whether on Facebook, in text, or in real life, that are going along fine and then start... More  →
How to Save a Dying Conversation

Why Saying "I Dislike Swimming" Is Kind of an Understatement

HolyCereal! just wants you to stop soaking your body in shark-infested pee water. Is that so much to ask? –Sparkitors The crisping of leaves has begun, the bindings of new textbooks have been cracked, and the dying screams of summer vacation can be heard... More  →
Why Saying