Skip over navigation

...Try, Try Again

By ContributorJune 23, 2011
Could we borrow your neon green confidence suspenders sometime, anonymous Sparkler? —Sparkitors The power of a crush is extreme. It can reduce my brain to a flaming pile of mush. It can turn short, nerdy guys into veritable gods by Facebook stalking standards. And,... More  →
...Try, Try Again

Your Crush Alert Scale

By Rachel KorowitzJune 23, 2011
Much like terror threats, mineral hardness, and the worlds spiciest peppers, crushes deserve their own scale. Here's our fool-proof ranking system, listed from least to greatest levels of crushy, crushed-out passion. Crush Level Mervin/Eunice: This is the ultimate friend crush.... More  →
Your Crush Alert Scale

How Chelsea Dagger Got Me a Date

SarahBellum37 finally connected with her crush—thanks to the legendary perspiration of the sweatiest Sparkitor ever.—Sparkitors It all started in band practice. Our AC wasn't working, so the director asked "Is anyone else sweating?" I replied "Yeah, I'm sweating harder than... More  →
How Chelsea Dagger Got Me a Date

Keeping Your Options Open

Keep your friends close, but keep your crushes closer, 1chance14. —Sparkitors The secret crush. We've all had one. You know, the kind in which "secret" refers to the fact that everyone knows about said crush except the crush himself? Yeah, that is the kind... More  →
Keeping Your Options Open

The Perks of Being Fun-Sized

acs14 isn't the tallest kid on the block, but she might be the smartest!—Sparkitors As someone who belongs to the "5’3’ and under" population, I’ve heard a myriad of “politically correct” terms for us short people, ranging... More  →
The Perks of Being Fun-Sized

A Field Guide to the Italian Grandmother

Siobhan Speiran, we love this post. And we're pretty sure we'd love your Nonna! –Sparkitors Italian Grandmothers, also known as “Nonnas,” take immense pleasure in hearing their progeny speak broken, pseudo-Italian. Their day to day concerns range from who killed Nick on the Young... More  →
A Field Guide to the Italian Grandmother

The (Formerly) Quiet Kid Speaks Up-Again!

TheQuietKid may have to change her username after her last post and her newest installment! We're so proud of all the progress she's made!—Sparkitors Dear Sparklers, First off: whoa. I’ve read every single comment on my last article and was... More  →
The (Formerly) Quiet Kid Speaks Up-Again!

10 Reasons Why Crushes SUCK

MerlinsBaggiestYFronts is fed up with all this mushy love stuff. Sing it, sister.—Sparkitors This is for all those people out there who are crying during Crush Week because a) their crush is unreachable, unavailable, or incarcerated; b) their crush doesn’t know they exist... More  →
10 Reasons Why Crushes SUCK

Shin-Kicking, Scandal, and THAT Smile: Elodie Explains Her Crush History

thenameselodie is a professional crusher. Seriously, this girl should be getting PAID.—Sparkitors It’s Crush Week! It’s Crush Week! Guys—this is my week. This is the equivalent of me hearing a Jay-Z song at one of those middle school dances and bringing the whole gymnasium... More  →
Shin-Kicking, Scandal, and THAT Smile: Elodie Explains Her Crush History

What Does a Drum Major Do?

By ContributorJune 22, 2011
This is a co-written column by Synesthesian and Verisimilitude_andthensome about their marching band! –Sparkitors Hello! Marie, aka Synesthesian, here. Considering we will be taking you through our whole season with one group of people,... More  →
What Does a Drum Major Do?