Skip over navigation

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By ContributorJune 1, 2011
Lonks' choice this week is a favorite of the Sparkitors! Book #34: The Perks of Being a Wallflower Author: Stephen Chbosky Reason for Reading: Three reasons: 1. Several Sparklers have suggested it, and so have several friends. 2. I loved the title! 3. A movie... More  →
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

It's Gettin' Hot in Here

Lyra had a giant crush on her BFF James. Is she finally ready to move on? —Sparkitors I am melting from the day’s relentless heat. The warmer it gets, the more I want to drive home, turn the air conditioning on to super-freezy, and... More  →
It's Gettin' Hot in Here

Presenting...Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 1, 2011
Two weeks ago, we gave you the greatest gift ever: an album of Sparklers and Manklers all gussied up for prom, rockin' tuxes, top hats, monocles, Converse, and princess-worthy dresses like high school style CHAMPS. Then, we... More  →
Presenting...Your SparkLife Prom King and Queen!

Ask Jono: Helping Someone with Depression

By Jon_SkindzierJune 1, 2011
Dear Jono, My problems a bit of a toughy: my best friend is depressed. He does a great job of hiding it, except for a post on his blog. He poured his heart out about how he feels. He cuts his wrists. He doesn't... More  →
Ask Jono: Helping Someone with Depression

10 Reasons the TARDIS is Cooler Than the DeLorean

kamurphy1218 pits Doc Brown's ride against Doctor Who's—and there's no telling who will come out on top.—Sparkitors In Dan Bergstein's post about Back to The Future, he made the ridiculous claim that the DeLorean is a better time machine than... More  →
10 Reasons the TARDIS is Cooler Than the DeLorean

You Know You're From Asheville When…

InsaneRunningKid sent her submission with this heading: "In case you guys ever run out of material to post and are left with either this or a history of pocket lint. Do the pocket lint one first, then consider this."  We didn't even glance... More  →
You Know You're From Asheville When…

The Life of a Boy Magnet

Maddy K, we like your style. —Sparkitors Well Sparklers, I am not going to lie: I have been known to attract a couple of men in my time. They just can’t resist the magnetic field of looove swirling about me. Though I am as... More  →
The Life of a Boy Magnet

Blogging Wicked Lovely: Part 2

By Megan PrietzelJune 1, 2011
Megan is back with her second installment of Blogging Wicked Lovely, and it's got enough faeries to haunt your dreams for a thousand years.—Sparkitors Chapter 2: Aislinn is still being stalked by Donia and Keenan but won’t go home because her grandma will... More  →
Blogging Wicked Lovely: Part 2

So You Want To Study Abroad...

LadyM, Sparkler extraordinare and author of the My French Adventure series, offers some words of wisdom about taking on an awesome adventure.—Sparkitors Maybe this series has made you think a little bit about the exchange experience. Maybe you're thinking... More  →
So You Want To Study Abroad...

A Guide To Summer Jobs

By Jon_SkindzierMay 31, 2011
In today's economy, it's required to use the phrase "in today's economy" at least once and then cite some dire statistics before you talk about the job market. While considering your job prospects, remember that you may run into more competition for existing... More  →
A Guide To Summer Jobs