Skip over navigation

On Curfews and Lost Trust

By ContributorAugust 1, 2011
We know from her last post that Ginger looks like Emma Stone. Maybe that's why her parents don't want to let her out at night? —Sparkitors Let me tell you a story. In high school, I was a really freaking good kid.... More  →
On Curfews and Lost Trust

Auntie SparkNotes: Curses!

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 1, 2011
Dear Auntie, Hello there! I have a problem. I am a Christian, and I do not believe in using curse words. However, at school, people don't think the same way. They curse all of the time. I know that I will have to deal with it... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Curses!

5 Easy Ways to Stay Politically Active

By ContributorAugust 1, 2011
bricked94 has done the impossible: she's made politics FUNNY.—Sparkitors Most Sparklers are under 18 and, therefore, under the legal voting age, also known as the age of representation (just kidding, I made that up). While it may seem hard to remain... More  →
5 Easy Ways to Stay Politically Active

Open Thread for August 1

By SparkLifeAugust 1, 2011
We LOVE this cool, artsy photo of bamboo taken by Dance.Girl.Sparkle. We used to have an inexplicable forest of bamboo in our backyard growing up, and one time our sister fell on a stump and practically impaled herself... More  →
Open Thread for August 1

Ask Jono: Reconnecting

By Jon_SkindzierJuly 29, 2011
Dear Jono, Me and a Mankler were mutually attracted to one another a few months back (without knowing it). Now that we see each other less often and it's gotten to the sad state that we aren't talking like we used... More  →
Ask Jono: Reconnecting

Auntie SparkNotes: A Family Affair

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 29, 2011
Dear Auntie, About seven months ago, I made the decision to date a guy who is part of a family that is friends with my family. Things were going great until about a month ago, when he broke up with me for no apparent reason.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: A Family Affair

Life as a Moderately Severe Asthmatic

By ContributorJuly 29, 2011
MissE1000 gives you the rundown on life with asthma!—Sparkitors I'm here to write about a fairly common disease: Asthma. When you think of asthma, you probably think “Oh yeah, my best friend has to use her inhaler before gym... More  →
Life as a Moderately Severe Asthmatic

An Ode to Dying Friendships

TanTantheLadiesMan tells you how to heal after a friendship ends—and dudes, this is some seriously good advice.—Sparkitors I’ve had a rough week, my friends; I’ve learned a crappy lesson the hard way. I'm writing this not because I want... More  →
An Ode to Dying Friendships

Who Wears Short Shorts?

By kat_rosenfieldJuly 29, 2011
Way back at the beginning of the summer, after watching one too many old movies involving high-seas romance on luxury cruise ships, I impulse-bought a pair of high-waisted, super-small, 1940s-style sailor shorts with two cute rows of nautical brass buttons on the front. They were... More  →
Who Wears Short Shorts?

Five Ways to Deal with Life's Lemons

emelster took her lemons and turned them into a SparkLife post. She's officially a lemon magician! –Sparkitors We've all heard the saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." But let's face it: who really sits around thinking "Boy, isn't life great?  I was... More  →
Five Ways to Deal with Life's Lemons