Search Menu
Menu

Christmas Songs: the Good, the Bad, and the Different

By Ricki HurtadoDecember 11, 2012
If you have left your home at any time since November 1st, 2012, chances are you've heard a Christmas song or two. Now, I'm no Grinch when it comes to holiday music. I actually like can tolerate a couple of the tunes. But... More  →
Christmas Songs: the Good, the Bad, and the Different

The Super-Spectacular Sparkler Handwriting Slideshow: Part Two!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiDecember 11, 2012
Welcome to Part Two of our handwriting contest! You probably saw Part One, so you know we got HUNDREDS of handwriting samples from all you wonderful Sparklers. And we're giving awards to each one of you! Do with them what you will, but promise us you won't brag too much.On More  →
The Super-Spectacular Sparkler Handwriting Slideshow: Part Two!

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 11th

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 11, 2012
The world ends in ten days, but you should still be smiling. Here’s why. 1. It’s not Christmas. Take a deep breath. There is still plenty of time to shop, bake, decorate, mail cards, and buy Dan a puppy named Randy. (HINT) 2. The internet is... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 11th

We Tried Bacon-Flavored Candy Canes So That You Wouldn't Have To

By Lisa BernierDecember 11, 2012
Ah, the candy cane. This classic holiday treat comes in many different sizes, stripes, and flavors—but which one should you choose to rocket you straight to a blissful sugar coma? We endured the burden of tasting several versions in order to write you this thoroughly... More  →
We Tried Bacon-Flavored Candy Canes So That You Wouldn't Have To

College Essays: Spiritual Leadership

By Lauren PassellDecember 11, 2012
The Prompt: College seeks students who will thrive in the academic, spiritual and community life at Calvin. With this in mind, how do you see yourself contributing to the Christian learning environment at Calvin? Our Sparkler's essay: College life becomes hectic, or so I have heard. Amid... More  →
College Essays: Spiritual Leadership

10 Funny and Fantastic Christmas Ornaments

By Ricki HurtadoDecember 10, 2012
Christmas tree ornaments can get monotonous. You've got your Santa, your snowman, maybe a nativity scene or angel if you're religious, and as always, the shiny orbs of solid colors. But wait—there's no reason to be so boringly traditional. Here are 10 awesome... More  →
10 Funny and Fantastic Christmas Ornaments

Jaden Smith Out-Stunts His Dad in the After Earth Trailer

By Josh PeriloDecember 10, 2012
What is Jaden Smith known for, if not being a pint-sized version of his butt-kicking, wise cracking dad. Now we finally get what we've been waiting for since Jaden started his acting career only a handful of years ago: a screen duet with daddy dearest... More  →
Jaden Smith Out-Stunts His Dad in the After Earth Trailer

How To Get Ready for The Hobbit Premiere

By Tim WainwrightDecember 10, 2012
Alright people. We all know The Hobbit is coming out next week. The only question is: how are we going to do it in style? Maybe some of your friends have said things like, "We should totally go on opening night", or "Let's dress up!" While... More  →
How To Get Ready for The Hobbit Premiere

The Funniest Holiday Tweets of the Week!

By Josh SorokachDecember 10, 2012
Did the holidays even exist before social media? Probably. If Twitter was around back in 1993, I imagine young Josh would have tweeted, “Hey Santa, thanks for this blindly bright purple sweater! I’m sure my classmates will be understanding and respect its originality. NO More  →
The Funniest Holiday Tweets of the Week!

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 10th

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 10, 2012
Here are 25 glorious reasons to be happy on this dreary, crappy Monday! 1. You still have 14 shopping days until Christmas, and remember: Sneaker sizes typically run small and quality diamonds rarely have an odor. 2. It’s the third day of Hanukkah! This is the day... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 10th