Skip over navigation

Why You Should Be Watching BBC's Sherlock Holmes

By ContributorAugust 31, 2011
thereal_Ang makes a case for one of the cleverest detective shows on television.—Sparkitors I won't lie, when my best friend first told me to check out BBC's Sherlock, I was more than a bit skeptical. The idea... More  →
Why You Should Be Watching BBC's Sherlock Holmes

Elodie's Off to College (But Only If She Finishes Packing)

By ElodieAugust 31, 2011
I’m packing for college. And by that, I mean I’m chucking everything into a disorganized heap in the middle of our living room, hoping all my socks will just come to life and pack themselves. As stated in previous posts, I’m pretty much the... More  →
Elodie's Off to College (But Only If She Finishes Packing)

Here Are Polaroids of Tom Felton and Rupert Grint. You're Welcome.

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 31, 2011
In a matter of seconds, your beady little eyes shall be feasting upon Draco Malfoy and Ron Weasley, stars of Band of Outsiders' fall campaign (and also of a little-known movie franchise called Harry Potter). Their scruffy, charmingly disgruntled faces will forever be... More  →
Here Are Polaroids of Tom Felton and Rupert Grint. You're Welcome.

Interesting Lies To Tell During Ice-Breaker Activities

By Lucy HutchinsonAugust 31, 2011
'Sup, collegiates? How have your first few classes been? You've probably had to play those great "gettin'-to-know-each-other" games where you have to describe yourself using an adjective that starts with the same letter as your name, and you suddenly realize you've forgotten what an adjective... More  →
Interesting Lies To Tell During Ice-Breaker Activities

What To Do If Your Roommate Hates You

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 30, 2011
Every roommate experience takes some tact to navigate, but sometimes you and your roommate are so obviously mismatched that you are more likely to win the Space Olympics—which is not a thing that exists—than you are to finish the semester with both of... More  →
What To Do If Your Roommate Hates You

Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 30, 2011
Congratulations, writers; last week's entries were GUT-WRENCHINGLY DEPRESSING. I guess I have no one to blame but myself; I did ask you to write about a brush with death, a prompt which, looking back, didn't really have as much potential for inspiring fart... More  →
Know What's Super Hilarious? DEATH! Except Not.

Ask a Teacher: On Spiral-Bound Notebooks

By Mr. TocheAugust 30, 2011
Q: Are there any school supplies that drive you nuts? A: Spiral-bound notebooks. I'm not saying that they're creations of the Devil himself; they're more likely the products of the fevered dreams of the illegitimate offspring of Satan. Seriously, why do these things still exist?  We... More  →
Ask a Teacher: On Spiral-Bound Notebooks

Blueprints for the Black Market: An Album Review

By ContributorAugust 30, 2011
Metalhead865 gives one of a his favorite bands a closer listen—but will he like what he hears?—Sparkitors Summer's done and school's in session, so it's about time I started getting back into music reviews. I may write another NBK soon, but for now, it's just... More  →
Blueprints for the Black Market: An Album Review

Why I'm Scared Senseless of Senior Year

eatwheaties51 is a little nervous about starting her senior year, so let's give her a good, old-fashioned Sparkler show of support!—Sparkitors The time has come. The reckoning has begun. The end is upon us. Class of 2012,... More  →
Why I'm Scared Senseless of Senior Year

An Open Letter to Guys Everywhere

Rachcar1 has something important to say, and all y'all gentlemen best be listening.—Sparkitors

Dear guys everywhere,

I'm sure that at one point or another, you've complained about girls not liking you. Now, while I doubt that most of you are

... More  →
An Open Letter to Guys Everywhere