Skip over navigation

Ask a Teacher: Does Participation Really Count?

By Mr. KatsibubasSeptember 1, 2011
Q: Does participation really count? A: I was always shocked when a teacher would explain that participation in class discussions was going to have a large effect on my final grade. To go along with all of the awkwardness that comes with being in high school,... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Does Participation Really Count?

Worst Kiss Scenarios and Wheelchair Dancing

By ContributorSeptember 1, 2011
thatshowiroll21 is getting ready to move-in to her dorm, but she can't stop thinking of make-out mishaps. —Sparkitors Lately I've been thinking about the goals I set for freshmen year, especially the one about getting my first kiss. It dawned on me... More  →
Worst Kiss Scenarios and Wheelchair Dancing

Hate Your Roommate? Try This.

By Ashley SpencerSeptember 1, 2011
Sharing a room is hard, especially if you were one of those lucky kids who was never forced to co-habitate with a sibling. If you get to college and discover that your roomie is the exact opposite of the cool, welcoming, friendly human you were... More  →
Hate Your Roommate? Try This.

It's Official: Snape is the Most Popular Dude in the World

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 1, 2011
The Guardian just released the results of their "Who's your favorite Harry Potter character?" poll, and the winner is none other than the sulky, shampoo-resistant Severus Snape, who is surely performing victorious hip-thrusts in a moldy basement at this very moment. Snape won by... More  →
It's Official: Snape is the Most Popular Dude in the World

My Dominican Adventure: The Brave Beginning

Jazzy, aka villanous_mwaha, is now an exchange student in the DR! We can't wait to hear all about her adventures. —Sparkitors I have been having a lot of trouble writing of late because my life right now is so full of stuff. But I... More  →
My Dominican Adventure: The Brave Beginning

Four Reasons Why Breaking Dawn Will Rock Your Socks Off

Nicole_Lyn is really looking forward to the next Twilight movie. (Bet you never thought you'd see THAT sentence on SparkLife!)—Sparkitors

It’s pretty much become a widely accepted fact that the Twilight “saga” (that word is way too epic for those... More  →

Four Reasons Why Breaking Dawn Will Rock Your Socks Off

Proud To Be in the Itty Bitty Titty Committee

How could we not publish Mystery Puncher's post with a title like this. —Sparkitors SMALL BOOBS—I have them. Most 16-year-olds are bigger than a 34A, but that's where I've been since 7th grade. Back then I'd say I was average, but as everybody grew and... More  →
Proud To Be in the Itty Bitty Titty Committee

Shivani Explains Makeup: Concealer Edition

By ShivaniAugust 31, 2011
Concealer is foundation’s fraternal twin sister; they are very similar, but possess key differences. Concealer is thicker and heavier than foundation and as a result will obscure more glaring blemishes. Tube, stick, pot, compact, or cream, most concealers fall into two broad categories: neutralizing and... More  →
Shivani Explains Makeup: Concealer Edition

What Does Your Favorite Cuisine Say About You?

By Rachel KorowitzAugust 31, 2011
Whether you're a total gourmand or your mouth waters when you hear a can opener, your favorite cuisine may be the key to decoding your personality, your mystique, and dare we say it, YOUR SOUUUUUUL. (Did you like the echo effects... More  →
What Does Your Favorite Cuisine Say About You?

My New Semester's Resolutions

By ContributorAugust 31, 2011
Classes have officially started! To all those who haven't started school yet and are gloating that it's still summer for you: personally, I'm THRILLED to be back in school. So hah. Well. Conditionally thrilled. I'm not the biggest fan of the whole “homework” concept, but hey.... More  →
My New Semester's Resolutions