Skip over navigation

Never Been Kissed Michigan: Maybe Dates, Jaywalking, and Badassery In General

By Chelsea DaggerApril 7, 2011
thenameselodie goes on an ACTUAL DATE. Maybe. It's hard to tell. BUT EITHER WAY, WE'RE EXCITED.—Sparkitors “I knew it!” I made some not-so-subtle “shut up” gestures, but Allison continued to fist-pump and cheer noisily, drawing the attention of half... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: Maybe Dates, Jaywalking, and Badassery In General

You Know You're from Connecticut When...

By ContributorApril 7, 2011
Well, Anonymous Sparkler, if the boys are wearing pink and the girls have boy names, how can you tell who's who? —Sparkitors Connecticut. It's a beautiful state that features a lot of variation in culture. An hour drive can take you from lavish estates... More  →
You Know You're from Connecticut When...

The First Day Of The Rest of Your Life: Introducing The VLOG

By Chelsea DaggerApril 7, 2011
Today is the day you've been waiting for ever since Chelsea Dagger invented the internet. Why? Because today is the day that SparkLife debuts a technology unrivaled anywhere in the world: the VLOG. The VLOG was created by the... More  →
The First Day Of The Rest of Your Life: Introducing The VLOG

Things You Should Never Let Your Crush See You Doing

By Kathryn_WilliamsApril 6, 2011
The thing about dating is that it's kind of like fishing. You want to appear to be a succulent, plump, sexy earthworm (Halloween costume idea!!!) until your fish is hooked, at which time you reveal that you're really just a limp,... More  →
Things You Should Never Let Your Crush See You Doing

The Daily Trials of an English Major: My Career Plans

By ContributorApril 6, 2011
Although graduation is what seems like eons away, it’s never too early to start thinking about what I’m going to do when I enter the “real world,” that scary place where I have to cook my own food, pay my own bills, and be even... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: My Career Plans

Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

Lis93, we're so proud you survived all these interviews. And without breakfast, no less! –Sparkitors Being a British Sparkler (Britkler?), some things about the SparkCollege posts confuse me. For one thing, "college," to me, is a place you go to around age 16, not... More  →
Interviewing at Oxford: Anxiety, Othello, and a Distinct Lack of Breakfast

You Know You're from The Bronx When...

a_elbereth_gilthoniel, we think you're hilarious. Does that make us super-awesome? —Sparkitors I know someone already wrote a "You Know You're From" post about NYC, but I'm from the Bronx, so I've got a bit of a different take on things than the... More  →
You Know You're from The Bronx When...

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post: christinepotter: Many Potter fans feel an umbrage towards Harry's vile, conniving, prejudiced professor, Umbridge (hence the name similarity). AwesomePossum214: Stacy's mom makes no one feel unbrage, 'cause she's got it going... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

Phi Beta Dagger

By Chelsea DaggerApril 6, 2011
Last week's Think Tank was a bit out of the ordinary; instead of asking you to solve a riddle, we asked you to write us a poem. We were secretly planning on stealing your best verses for our forthcoming haiku collection, tentatively titled... More  →
Phi Beta Dagger

What the What?: Girl Yawns in Class, Mouth Stays That Way

By Emily WinterApril 6, 2011
In honor of Holly Thompson—the girl who yawned in class and her face stayed that way (yes, this is really real)—we'd like you guys to count how many times you yawn in school today. Add up your yawns in a single class... More  →
What the What?: Girl Yawns in Class, Mouth Stays That Way