Skip over navigation

Harry Potter Has a New Girlfriend (And It Ain't Ginny the Lamp)

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 10, 2012
Well ladybutts, if you had your heart set on dating the greatest wizard of all time, you are straight out of luck; Daniel Radcliffe, the geeky star of our Hogwarts-heavy dreams, has a girlfriend. You may now commence with the hysterical weeping (but save those... More  →
Harry Potter Has a New Girlfriend (And It Ain't Ginny the Lamp)

Ask a Teacher: What Is the Best Way to Study for a Test?

By Mr. JungJanuary 10, 2012
Q: Hey Mr. Jung, what's the best way to study for a test? I can study for hours but it never does me any good when it comes to taking the test. Do you have any suggestions? A: The best way to study for a test... More  →
Ask a Teacher: What Is the Best Way to Study for a Test?

How To Survive A Lonely Lunch

By ContributorJanuary 10, 2012
claudiachance is the Darwin of the cafeteria.—Sparkitors When left alone by flaky friends at lunch, you may feel like the lone guppie in a piranha tank. After all, being spotted solo is just about the most status-crushing thing that can... More  →
How To Survive A Lonely Lunch

How to Catch a College's Eye: The Southern Edition

Nicole_Lyn has some great tips for all you countrified college-bound boys and girls!—Sparkitors We’ve all been there. And by "we," I of course mean the incredibly large percentage of Sparklers who live in small, small towns with names that sound like food preservatives. This is... More  →
How to Catch a College's Eye: The Southern Edition

The History of Rock Part 3: Amazing Female Rockers

Luna_22 continues her History of Rock series with this post: a list of girl rockers! Prepare to be amazed. — Sparkitors My previous posts focused on my favorite bands, which consist of mainly males. But let us not forget the women that... More  →
The History of Rock Part 3: Amazing Female Rockers

Fashion Fake Out: How to Look Like a Million Bucks on a Budget

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 10, 2012
It's a little-known fact that fashion and style are two completely different things. If complicated wiring is somehow involved and/or you're led to believe you must accessorize with a live animal, that's probably fashion and you should definitely give it a big "oh, hell no." Style,... More  →
Fashion Fake Out: How to Look Like a Million Bucks on a Budget

How Not to Alienate "Normal" College Students: A Guide for Former IB Kids

dac213 has some advice for all you ex-Ibers out there: don't be Lieutenant Dan. —Sparkitors I’m ex-IB, which means I was a part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program in high school. Like many ex-IBs, I got to college and found out that no... More  →
How Not to Alienate "Normal" College Students: A Guide for Former IB Kids

The Year of Faye

By ContributorJanuary 9, 2012
Faye's back with some New Year's resolutions and a refresher course on the all-too-confusing World of Boy. Are you ready for the Year of Faye? —Sparkitors It’s official: 2012 is the Year of the Faye. Well, I just made that up, but this is... More  →
The Year of Faye

Annoying Things That Happen at the Mall

We think Ceci has had a serious of terrible shopping trips... —Sparkitors You've experienced it: that complex haven of weird smells, creepy stares, and bad fashion (no, I'm not talking about your little brother). The shopping mall. It's amazing, it's fun, it's a great... More  →
Annoying Things That Happen at the Mall

Newsflash: Your Parents Love You.

All right, you guys. It's time to get real. So a long time ago, when I was a wee 18-year-old, I wrote an angry post about coming out to my parents. While everything in it is true, as a world-wise 19-year-old, I now... More  →
Newsflash: Your Parents Love You.