Menu

Did This Sparkler Nail Her College Essay?

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 8, 2012
Sparkler brods21 sent in her college application essay for me to review! Her prompt was, "Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence." Here's what she wrote: “Stick your thumbs out. It’ll align your arms... More  →
Did This Sparkler Nail Her College Essay?

10 Wardrobe Staples, 20 Adorable Outfits for Fall!

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 5, 2012
But after some pretty intense adding and a few bouts of hysterical sobbing, I've concluded that 10 multiplied by 2, is, in fact, 20. And this is fantastic news! Why, you ask? Well, it not only proves that I'm basically a NASA-level mathematician, it also serves to demonstrat More  →
10 Wardrobe Staples, 20 Adorable Outfits for Fall!

Things That Should Not Smell/Taste Like Pumpkin Spice

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 5, 2012
Every fall brings the crackly-fireplace deliciousness of pumpkin spice—that miraculous combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and allspice. It's the aromatic mix that turns the regular goodness of dessert/candles/coffee into SO AMAZING MY FACE JUST FELL OFF AND I DON'T CARE. While pumpkin spice is wonderful... More  →
Things That Should Not Smell/Taste Like Pumpkin Spice

Mumford and Sons' Babel Is Bestseller of the Year!

By Scott GreenstoneOctober 5, 2012
Last week, British folk hit Mumford and Sons released their sophomore album, Babel, and people all over the world went crazy. Foot-stomping became a staple. Screaming "I Will Wait" from rooftops was an international phenomenon. But this week, things haven't quieted for the down-to-earth group... More  →
Mumford and Sons' Babel Is Bestseller of the Year!

How to Date Your BFF

By ShivaniOctober 5, 2012
There are lots of perks to dating your best friend. You’re already comfortable with each other, have an awareness of each other’s idiosyncrasies, and probably never run out of things to talk about. Adding a little kissing and hand holding to the mix could only... More  →
 How to Date Your BFF

The MindHut SCIFI SMACKDOWN 5: Gandalf versus Professor X!

By Becky FerreiraOctober 5, 2012
As expected, the fourth MindHut Smackdown between River Tam and Buffy Summer—Whedon's warrior women!—was seriously close. In fact, it was won by only a single point. Dearest Masterminds, River defeated Buffy, with a vote count of 10 to 9. I know, I know, it's hard to... More  →
The MindHut SCIFI SMACKDOWN 5: Gandalf versus Professor X!

Other Awesome October Holidays (Because Halloween Shouldn't Get All the Credit)

By ElodieOctober 5, 2012
October plays host to some of the greatest and most delicious holidays of the year. I don't know who decides any of this; maybe there's a committee somewhere that thought our lack of National Greasy Foods Day was one of the greatest oversights in history.... More  →
Other Awesome October Holidays (Because Halloween Shouldn't Get All the Credit)

October Horoscopes!

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 5, 2012
Perfection is nothing more than relentless practice, Aries, so go back to your relentlessness lessons, and soon you will be the best person in the world at not relenting. Be stoic this month, like Marcus Aurelius, who was that guy in Gladiator who died. Not that one, the oth More  →
October Horoscopes!

A Glimpse into Christopher Columbus' Twitter Feed

By Danielle KraeseOctober 5, 2012
In 1492, Columbus may have sailed the ocean blue, but what took place after that point is more controversial than putting ketchup on scrambled eggs (just, don't do it. Please). It doesn’t really matter whether you believe that Señor Colombo in fact discovered... More  →
A Glimpse into Christopher Columbus' Twitter Feed