Skip over navigation

Incoming High School Freshmen, I Give You: The TRUTH

By ContributorAugust 9, 2011
Blue_lights_of_ny is a little harsh, but SO IS LIFE. Get used to it. (Don't worry, we're kidding. Mostly.)—Sparkitors The start of high school is rapidly closing in upon us. Almost-Seniors are drinking it up, Almost-Juniors are signing... More  →
Incoming High School Freshmen, I Give You: The TRUTH

How to Kill Time at an Office Job

By ContributorAugust 9, 2011
SunBrightSparrow, we're definitely going to try that time stamp thing, as soon as we figure out what, exactly, a time stamp is.—Sparkitors Like a lot of college kids, I have a job this summer to help pay my tuition. Unfortunately, my summer job doesn’t... More  →
How to Kill Time at an Office Job

Open Thread for August 9

By SparkLifeAugust 9, 2011
Donya is our new favorite person in the world because of her impeccable taste in photos (and blogs): Anyone that reads Dan's Harry Potter blogs can tell why I chose this specific picture out of hundreds of pictures I took on my... More  →
Open Thread for August 9

Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate Chip Pancakes

By ShivaniAugust 8, 2011
After reading Shivani's latest post, we were really hungry—but we also wanted to barf. Now THAT'S the mark of a successful chef.—Sparkitors My friend Meeghan airmailed me a placenta. She said it was a gift from the people of the African village she... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Why You Should ALWAYS Tip Your Waiter

By ContributorAugust 8, 2011
If stupid_nickel is your waitress, you better tip BIG.—Sparkitors This is in response to that very, VERY wrong post about not tipping. I'm sorry, ChloeChum, but you are COMPLETELY off... More  →
Why You Should ALWAYS Tip Your Waiter

5 Tips for Surviving High School Without a Best Friend

sammers1020 breaks down high school for the BFF-less teenager —Sparkitors At some point in all of our lives, we have to experience the huge blob of stress called high school. And with it, the many obstacles that stubbornly stand in... More  →
5 Tips for Surviving High School Without a Best Friend

Why I'm REALLY Joining the Tennis Team

Three weeks ago, I was lying on my couch, debating whether I should join the tennis team or not. I had a pretty good pro/con list going. Pro: Exercise is good for your body! Con: I eat enough during the season to negate any effects exercise might... More  →
Why I'm REALLY Joining the Tennis Team

A Word of Advice to the College-Bound

TanTantheLadiesMan isn't in college yet, but he still knows a lot about it. Maybe.—Sparkitors It’s August, which means people are gonna start packing their things up and head off to big ol’ college soon.  However, for me and the rest of you not-college-bound-yet,... More  →
A Word of Advice to the College-Bound

Toga Parties and Feelin' Fly: Camp Electric Part 4!

Camp's not over yet! Metalhead865 gives us more deets on his rockin' summer.—Sparkitors Time: 10:44 PM (Central) Location: Dorm Mood: Tired Okay, first of all, I now love Sanctus Real. They're basically an awesome pop rock worship band. Electra and I had to find seats in the... More  →
Toga Parties and Feelin' Fly: Camp Electric Part 4!

Have You Heard of Planking?

Planking sounds a bit silly, and when put in a sentence (“I’m going to go plank that concrete Target ball.”) a bit dirty. But it’s not, really. I promise that this is nice clean fun for the whole family! Provided you have family members willing... More  →
Have You Heard of Planking?