Skip over navigation

Open Thread for June 27

By SparkLifeJune 27, 2011
Hilarious Sparkler aleyna22 sent in this pic of her and her pal jazzyjuicebox94 in front of a very scary locker in their school. We feel a horror movie coming on.... More  →
Open Thread for June 27

My Crush, Boy Genius

By ContributorJune 24, 2011
Albrolengarn has learned that being a nerdy, awkward dork is pretty much the same as being a stone-cold fox. The only difference? CONFIDENCE.—Sparkitors We all feel foolish around our crushes; ask any scientist, and she'll tell you it's a... More  →
My Crush, Boy Genius

How To Defeat An Obsessive, Potentially Lethal Crush

NinjaRadishes tells you how to dismantle an obsessive crush (it's a lot like dismantling a bomb).—Sparkitors Picture it: I’m sitting on the floor in my room, wedged between my stereo and my bed, surfing the cool waves... More  →
How To Defeat An Obsessive, Potentially Lethal Crush

How To Approach Your Crush and Not Freak Him Out

CJ's got some good advice. Do you have the guts to try it? —Sparkitors So, I've been reading a lot of these crush posts, and nobody really seems to point out the right way to talk to their crushes without freaking them, or getting... More  →
How To Approach Your Crush and Not Freak Him Out

Sparkler Crush Photo Album!

By Chelsea DaggerJune 24, 2011
We're about to rub your face in all the cuteness you can handle; get ready to gaze upon (and possibly barf in the direction of) Sparklers and their real-life crushes! More  →
Sparkler Crush Photo Album!

You Know You're Polish When...

grace_return7, we make pierogies at least once a month! —Sparkitors My family is actually not very Polish by percentage, but we have tons of Polish customs. You probably have a Polish family if one of more of these applies to you... 1. Pierogies are... More  →
You Know You're Polish When...

It Totally Pays To Be A Facebook Stalker

purplepheonix has logged some serious time on the internet over the past 2 years. We hope she had cheap wi-fi.—Sparkitors Picture it: a cruise ship docked in sunny Fort Lauterdale, just about to pull out of port.  Me,... More  →
It Totally Pays To Be A Facebook Stalker

Crushing on the Bus

We *think* this is from an anonymous Sparkler, but we lost the email it came in. Sorry Sparkler! Email us with your name! —Sparkitors So as a sophomore in high school I go to my first debate meeting. There is a practice debate going... More  →
Crushing on the Bus

Should This Sparkler Give Up On Her Crush? WE THINK NOT (But We Need You To Help Us Decide).

that_other_leah thought she would never crush again—but then she found a guy who changed her mind.—Sparkitors I spent the first few months of this school year reveling in the fact that I was finally over my crush... More  →
Should This Sparkler Give Up On Her Crush? WE THINK NOT (But We Need You To Help Us Decide).

Unprovoked Grinding=The End of a Crush

Stephanie had a big-time crush on a seemingly sweet guy—but he didn't quite turn out to be Prince Charming.—Sparkitors I am about to relay what is probably the most embarassing crush related story I have ever heard. How do... More  →
Unprovoked Grinding=The End of a Crush