Skip over navigation
Menu

The Casual Vacancy Book Club: Welcome to Pagford, Where Everyone Is Sad

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 27, 2012
Book Club is now in session! Please pass the Cheetos. First of all, I feel like an idiot for showing up to this thing in my bloomers while most of Pagford seems to wear nothing but splayed-open dressing gowns and spray tans. When early press buzz... More  →
The Casual Vacancy Book Club: Welcome to Pagford, Where Everyone Is Sad

33 Revelations from this Epic New J.K. Rowling Profile!

By Brandon SpecktorSeptember 27, 2012
Even rarer than finding a reliable Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher is finding a truly informative interview with Joanne "J.K." Rowling. The wealthiest woman in the world and mother of modern wizard fiction understandably doesn't need to gab to the press very often. But when... More  →
33 Revelations from this Epic New J.K. Rowling Profile!

Top 7 Coolest Recently Discovered Species

By Becky FerreiraSeptember 27, 2012
A new species of monkey was identified last week, and believe me, they are beyond adorable. Known as lesulas, they have beautifully pensive faces, blonde hair, and hilariously bright blue butts. The find got us thinking about how many other interesting new species have been More  →
Top 7 Coolest Recently Discovered Species

Top 5 Reasons Why Neil deGrasse Tyson Should Be President

By Swapna KrishnaSeptember 27, 2012
The current presidential race seems like it's been dragging on for years. We know the candidates, we know the issues. Blah. What it really could use is some new blood, someone completely different to shake things up. We nominate Neil deGrasse Tyson for the following... More  →
Top 5 Reasons Why Neil deGrasse Tyson Should Be President

The Identity Thief Trailer Has a Hobbit Joke AND Reckless Throat-Punching. I LOVE IT.

By Chelsea DaggerSeptember 27, 2012
Your mid-afternoon entertainment has just arrived, Sparklebutts, and I'm about to serve it up on a silver platter (actually, it's a block of wood that I've colored with a gray Sharpie to resemble a silver platter. We're not made of money over here). ENJOY: While you... More  →
The Identity Thief Trailer Has a Hobbit Joke AND Reckless Throat-Punching. I LOVE IT.

The Case Against NaNoWriMo

By kat_rosenfieldSeptember 27, 2012
The word counters are at zero. The support forums are abuzz with plot maps and character studies. The carpal tunnel-preventing wristgear is in place. And in a few short weeks, this year's National Novel Writing Month will kick off with the clickity-clack-clack-clack of a hundred... More  →
The Case Against NaNoWriMo

What Not To Wear: the DUDE Edition

By Lisa BernierSeptember 27, 2012
Mostly, I don't quibble with what guys wear. Do I understand why they consider their favorite pair of dirty jeans The Pant God's gift to legwear? No. But I don't judge—wear what makes you happy, ya know? However, there are some sartorial choices Y chromosomes make... More  →
What Not To Wear: the DUDE Edition

Green Day's New Album "Uno" Proves They're Still Punk-Rock Legends

By ContributorSeptember 27, 2012
Talk about your ambitious projects. Green Day's shooting pretty high with their latest set of releasesit's a triple album being released over five months called Uno! Dos! Tre! Punk rock fans young and old have been... More  →
Green Day's New Album "Uno" Proves They're Still Punk-Rock Legends

40 Ways to Pose for Your Homecoming Photos

By Chrissie GruebelSeptember 27, 2012
Homecoming is happening whether you like it or not. People are coming home! I don't know who said people are, but they're coming. Home. And you better put on a damn dress. And get a date. Or get some friends to hang out with. And ... More  →
40 Ways to Pose for Your Homecoming Photos

Send Us Your College Application Essays to Critique!

By Emily WinterSeptember 27, 2012
Sharpen your Crayolas and putcho thinkin' bonnets on because it's COLLEGE CRAPPLICATION TIME, Y'ALL. Remember last year, when you spent your weekend nights rollerskating around your crush's block in a pink pleather catsuit hoping he'd peer out his window and be impressed for some reason? (No?... More  →
Send Us Your College Application Essays to Critique!