Search Menu
Menu

Which Celeb Looked Hottest This Week?

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 19, 2012
Let's celebrate by Fed-Exing 40 buckets of triple-fudge icing straight to my desk!! And maybe a few Totoro bean bag beds! And I certainly wouldn't say no to one hundred million dollars' worth of gold krugerrands! MY, AREN'T WEDNESDAYS DELIGHTFUL! Now that we've crossed off More  →
Which Celeb Looked Hottest This Week?

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling Look UH-MAZING In These Pics From Gangster Squad

By Chelsea DaggerDecember 18, 2012
Let me guess: you're TIRED. You're probably in the middle of finals week, and your will to live is dangerously depleted, and your brains are leaking out your ears, and all you want is to collapse onto a giant hamburger bean bag and somehow feed yourself handfuls of Sour Patc More  →
Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling Look UH-MAZING In These Pics From Gangster Squad

Baby It's Cold Outside, as a Modern Facebook Chat

By Valerie BurnDecember 18, 2012
The hit song "Baby It's Cold Outside" as a modern-day Facebook chat. Kaylee: ok I gotta go :) Sent: 10:01 pm Aiden: No u should stay, it’s like really cold outside Sent: 10:02 pm Kaylee: yeah, but we're typing on computers, sooooo...... Sent: 10:03 pm Aiden: yeah but... More  →
Baby It's Cold Outside, as a Modern Facebook Chat

The Secrets of Making Toys

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 18, 2012
Santa gets all the credit, but the elves do all the work. We had a chance to chat with George and Ayleen Gaspar, owners of October Toys and hosts of the show Toy Break. They make and sell toys for a... More  →
The Secrets of Making Toys

What Your Gift Unwrapping Style Says About You

By Kathryn_WilliamsDecember 18, 2012
The splintery winter light falls through the windows, across your face. You open your eyes. It's today, it's this morning, it's now. You swing your feet from the warm cocoon of your blankets to the cold floor and rise. Perhaps you splash water on your... More  →
What Your Gift Unwrapping Style Says About You

Introducing Japanophile: Geek-Tastic Jewelry With a Special Discount Just for SPARKLERS!

By Megan PrietzelDecember 18, 2012
I hope you’ve got your shopping pants on, guys, because the Japanophile Shop on Etsy is offering Sparklers TEN PERCENT off their orders. Say whaaaat?!?! I KNOW, IT'S AMAZING. Everything in the shop is handmade, ridiculously adorable, and a perfect stocking stuffer... More  →
Introducing Japanophile: Geek-Tastic Jewelry With a Special Discount Just for SPARKLERS!

Blogging My First Midnight Premiere

By Scott GreenstoneDecember 18, 2012
My family isn't into movies, and they're not into staying up late, so they never even thought about midnight premiers. That's why I was so determined to attend The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey at midnight on December 14th. I've never been to a midnight premier... More  →
Blogging My First Midnight Premiere

25 Reasons to Celebrate December 18th

By Dan_BergsteinDecember 18, 2012
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!” said someone in August. The Christmas season has spread well past December 25th, but it’s almost REAL Christmas! All the planning, shopping, crying, and eating will reach it’s epic finale one week from today. If you’re still... More  →
25 Reasons to Celebrate December 18th

The 4 Main Differences Between Geeks and Nerds

By Steven RomanoDecember 18, 2012
Think you're a geek? Then you'd probably be offended if someone called you a nerd. Got nerd-pride? Then you probably look at geek culture as nothing more than glorified hipsterism. Think there isn't a real difference between the two? Oh brother, are you in for a... More  →
The 4 Main Differences Between Geeks and Nerds

Pros and Cons of the Apocalypse

By Danielle KraeseDecember 18, 2012
The ancient Mayans famously predicted that the world’s end would take place on December 21st, and for quite some time, this premonition prompted little more than smug jokes and a couple of doomsday-based box office hits (our favorite was The Day After Tomorrow, when Jake... More  →
Pros and Cons of the Apocalypse