Skip over navigation

Something Creepy This Way Comes (Hint: IT'S NOT YOUR MOM. Zing!)

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 19, 2011
BUTTS, HALLOWEEN IS ALMOST UPON US. You know what else is almost upon us? Our inevitable deaths. But also, Creeper Week! Creeper Week starts on October 24, and yes, it is just as terrifying as it sounds. During Creeper... More  →
Something Creepy This Way Comes (Hint: IT'S NOT YOUR MOM. Zing!)

Dan Makes Haunted Eggs

By Dan_BergsteinOctober 19, 2011
Halloween was once a holiday about ghouls and monsters, but it’s become a month-long craft party. Every magazine and daytime talk show will teach you how to make cute pumpkin people and endearing ghost cakes. Screw that. I’m bringing the scary back to October by... More  →
Dan Makes Haunted Eggs

Family Force 5 Releases "III"

By ContributorOctober 19, 2011
Metalhead865 reviews his favorite band's new album—but will it live up to his expectations?—Sparkitors ARRIGHT PARTY PEOPLE. So, Family Force 5's new record, III, just came out. Seeing as FF5 is my favorite band, I pre-ordered the album as soon as I could.... More  →
Family Force 5 Releases

The Pros and Cons of Being Fresh Meat (aka Freshmen)

Debbira just started high school, but she's pretty much got it all figured out already. Now, we bestow her wisdom unto you.—Sparkitors I'm a freshman. In high school. Yep, a 9th grader! I know most of you are farther... More  →
The Pros and Cons of Being Fresh Meat (aka Freshmen)

A Menu of Delicious Liberal Arts Majors!

Look out, accounting and business majors: RunsWithScissors09 is about to convince you to go liberal. Liberal ARTS, that is. Zing! We'll be here all week.—Sparkitors College is like an expensive camp: you share communal bathrooms, bond over the horrible food, and you always... More  →
A Menu of Delicious Liberal Arts Majors!

Ask a Teacher: Are People Naturally Good Or Bad at Math?

By Mr. TocheOctober 19, 2011
Q: Are people naturally good or bad at math, or do some people just say that to excuse their laziness? A: Everyone is naturally good at math. If you couldn't do math, you wouldn't be able to survive. And I don't just mean being able to... More  →
Ask a Teacher: Are People Naturally Good Or Bad at Math?

Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Boyfriend Upgrade

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 19, 2011
Dear Auntie: A few months ago, my boyfriend and I met at a church and at school and started dating. We have been dating for 10 months now, and still deeply in love. It's not perfect, but it's great. When you read what I'm about to... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: Operation Boyfriend Upgrade

The Pros and Cons of New Friends

By ContributorOctober 18, 2011
So, for the first time EVER, I brought a friend home from college for fall break. Now. Don’t freak out. This is not a “friend” (much to my high school friends’ chagrin), but a friend. Promise. It’s only been 2 out of our 7-day trip,... More  →
The Pros and Cons of New Friends

The Ten Worst Things to Do on a Plane

By ContributorOctober 18, 2011
BonnieBellez, we think you'd make an excellent air marshall. –Sparkitors Hey Sparklies! It's been a while. I would exchange pleasantries, but I'm peeved. See, I travel a lot. And every time I travel, it seems like 75% of the other people on the plane... More  →
The Ten Worst Things to Do on a Plane

If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 18, 2011
WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AMS. And MANKLERS. And BUTTS. And EVERYONE who participated last week—you rocketed the number of comments up to 124! You're princes, each and every one of you. You also seem to know more about embittered enemies and elevator interiors than I... More  →
If We Were Trapped In An Elevator, We'd Want You With Us. But Bring Some Snacks.