Skip over navigation

Bad to the Bone: Teens Across the Ages

By SissyFebruary 28, 2012
“Kids these days” is a phrase that’s been around virtually forever, since that’s how long teens have been doing bad things in their basement with parents just upstairs. America’s youth has always experimented with strange new behaviors, styles, and attitudes. Lots of times their innovations... More  →
Bad to the Bone: Teens Across the Ages

Dennis is Dead (But Writer Wars Lives On)

By Chelsea DaggerFebruary 28, 2012
Sorry for the delay in this week's post, butts; as some of you know, I accidentally destroyed the internet yesterday and spent several sweat-soaked hours in the SparkLife tech department trying to rescue my water-logged keyboard from death. Alas, Dennis (Dennis is what... More  →
Dennis is Dead (But Writer Wars Lives On)

The Time Kat Pierced Her Own Ears

By kat_rosenfieldFebruary 28, 2012
Before we go any further, I should confess: this is not a story of my first ear piercing. My first ear piercing was no big deal, actually; I was ten (or thereabouts), and my mom—who had somehow reached the positively ancient age of forty without... More  →
The Time Kat Pierced Her Own Ears

Cheezits, Crushes, and Prom Epiphanies

By ContributorFebruary 28, 2012
theatregeek_bookworkm<3 brings you the second installment of her prom series! Be warned: there are hives, man pushups, and CUTE BOYS involved.--Sparkitors I'm so sorry, Sparklers. I have let you all down tremendously...because nothing has happened to me over the past week. No prom revelations. Not... More  →
Cheezits, Crushes, and Prom Epiphanies

Look! A No-Pun Jeremy Lin Headline

By Chrissie GruebelFebruary 28, 2012
We're jumpin' on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon and we know you want to tag along, so here are the top 10 most important things you need to know about this breakout NBA all-star: 1. You can make so many puns with his name: Jeremy-oh-My! Jeremythinks the... More  →
Look! A No-Pun Jeremy Lin Headline

21 Things To Look Forward To

By Lucy HutchinsonFebruary 28, 2012
It seems like everyone is always worrying about the state of things. The state of the economy. The state of the environment. The state of the union, whatever that means. The state of your bedroom, young lady, it's disgusting, you're not going anywhere until you... More  →
21 Things To Look Forward To

Angst! Lots of Angst!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiFebruary 27, 2012
altophone135 has a playlist to meet all your angst-ing needs. Listen to this, and you'll be able to whine just like Harry in the Order of the Pheonix. And seriously, who wouldn't want to angst like that? "You Don't Know Me"... More  →
Angst! Lots of Angst!

One Rehearsal, Three Boys

By ContributorFebruary 27, 2012
alexsarcastic221 says she thinks of Joe as a little brother. Do we believe her?? —Sparkitors Military school is like a different world—an alternate universe, really. A place where "yo mamma" jokes run rampant, and where directors threaten to turn guys playing eunuchs into actual eunuchs.... More  →
One Rehearsal, Three Boys

I Can't Stop These Turtle Facts (More True Turtle Facts)

By reidfaylorFebruary 27, 2012
I'm sorry, but I just can't stop it. I can't stop these turtle facts. It's like a faucet, and the water keeps coming out, and right when I try to turn it off I remember that I'm afraid of faucets. And also, instead of water,... More  →
I Can't Stop These Turtle Facts (More True Turtle Facts)

The Time Kathryn Got Her Ears Pierced

By Kathryn_WilliamsFebruary 27, 2012
In order to tell the story of me getting my ears pierced, I need to back up a little bit to something not at all related to shooting a hole in my earlobe and stuffing it with a cheap, gold-plated stud. I was... More  →
The Time Kathryn Got Her Ears Pierced