Search Menu
Menu

QUIZ: What Greek God Are You?

By Becky FerreiraOctober 16, 2012
Among the many things the ancient Greeks were awesome at was storytelling. They made up myths about gods so irrational and self-indulgent that it's a wonder they kept the world running at all. From wine-guzzling hedonists to fleet-footed tricksters to sun-riding kings, the Greek pantheon... More  →
QUIZ: What Greek God Are You?

My Not-So-Secret Crush

By Lauren PassellOctober 16, 2012
I have a "secret" crush on Kal Penn. It is a secret only to him. I have told everyone on the planet. I have tried to tell him, but that has proven more difficult than expected. To illustrate this best, I present to you A... More  →
My Not-So-Secret Crush

How Could A Wrinkle in Time Be Any Better? Make It a Comic Book!

By Becky FerreiraOctober 16, 2012
Great news, Masterminds: the tesseract is officially back in style! What's a tesseract, you ask? Oh, just a cosmic cube with the power of the universe inside. And earlier this year, we watched The Avengers fight to keep this mysterious power source in safe hands.... More  →
How Could A Wrinkle in Time Be Any Better? Make It a Comic Book!

My Secret High School Crush (and the Uber-Embarrassing Poem I Wrote in His Honor)

By Lisa BernierOctober 16, 2012
Ah, high school. I remember it well. The moss green lockers. The toilet stalls decorated with curse words and variations of BH + CK = Heart. The hormone surges I romanticized into a love I kept secret and safe. Much like Gollum, I too had... More  →
My Secret High School Crush (and the Uber-Embarrassing Poem I Wrote in His Honor)

EVEN MORE Things You Do For Fun That May Be ILLEGAL Where You Live

Last week, we hit you with a bunch of weird-but-true illegal things. This week, we found even more. Yep, the following list is REAL, crazy, and totally illegal. 1. In Florida, men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. Exposed... More  →
EVEN MORE Things You Do For Fun That May Be ILLEGAL Where You Live

8 Hilarious College Mascots

By ElodieOctober 16, 2012
If we learned anything from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, it's that half a sport's appeal is in its mascots. (What? That wasn't the lesson?) Since we can't use Veela and leprechauns (I hear you, Notre Dame, but until your leprechaun can spout... More  →
8 Hilarious College Mascots

The Best Etsy Halloween Costumes!

Stumped for a totally unique Halloween costume? We got you. Many of these Etsy costumes can be reworn to school dances, and all can be spiced up with a pair of FANGS.  More  →
The Best Etsy Halloween Costumes!

5 Horror Movies with Geeky Girl Appeal

By Vadim NewquistOctober 16, 2012
Everybody loves a good scarey movie but given the fact that horror is such a testosterone fueled genre sometimes it's a little tough for geeky girls to find one that they can relate to. Well here's a handy-dandy list of genuinely shocking horror pics with... More  →
 5 Horror Movies with Geeky Girl Appeal

Geeky Girl Glam: TARDIS Blue and a Fez, Too!

By Allison EmmOctober 15, 2012
This post goes out to Nacanaca12 and allthingssherlockanddoctorwho who requested a TARDIS blue post (not that I needed much convincing). Thank you dear Nerdfaces for the suggestions, and keep them coming. In honor of our darling Doctor, I’ve put together a Whovian look More  →
Geeky Girl Glam: TARDIS Blue and a Fez, Too!

The Middle Name Game

By Emily WinterOctober 15, 2012
Middle names are so weird. Like, WHY ARE THEY? Do you like yours? Do you have a cool one? Do you want to know MINE? Let's play The Match the Sparkitor (and Intern) to His/Her Middle Name Game! Sparkitors + Intern: 1. Emma Chastain 2. Emily Winter 3. Chelsea Aaron 4.... More  →
The Middle Name Game