Search Menu
Menu

5 Halloween Costumes for Plus-Sized Girls

By ContributorOctober 19, 2012
As you all know, Halloween is fast approaching, and everyone is deciding exactly who or what they want to dress up as. Now when it comes to costume shopping for me, it's usually disappointing, because it seems like none of the good... More  →
5 Halloween Costumes for Plus-Sized Girls

How to "Accidentally" Create an Inside Joke with Your Crush

By Josh SorokachOctober 19, 2012
When SparkLife asked me to help them save love (my words, not theirs) by writing a post that divulged my super-secret inside joke methodology, I was admittedly nervous. My first thought was to shoot back a sarcastic email. “Sure. I’ll do it. Why don’t I... More  →
How to "Accidentally" Create an Inside Joke with Your Crush

Hang These Pictures of Me All Over Your Room

By SparkyOctober 19, 2012
But not next to pictures of kittens. Seriously. It's in my contract. ... More  →
Hang These Pictures of Me All Over Your Room

Pixel Puzzle Challenge: Scary Movie Edition

By Becky FerreiraOctober 19, 2012
Tis the season for ghouls and horror! Put your knowledge of scary movies to the test by guessing which films these images are from. And if the puzzle leaves you hungry for more 8-bit art, check out Kyle McCoy's Pixel Art Shop! More  →
Pixel Puzzle Challenge: Scary Movie Edition

Classic Novels Turned into Horror Stories

By Randy WalkerOctober 19, 2012
We quick-review five of them! 1) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies This book is the first, and undoubtedly the most well-known, work in the “mash up” genre. Its premise is basic: What happens when you set Jane Austin’s novel about English high society in the... More  →
Classic Novels Turned into Horror Stories

The Bully Report Results Are In

By Chelsea DaggerOctober 18, 2012
Back in April, we teamed up with our awesome pals at DoSomething.org to help you take a stand against bullying—and today, they released the results of the Bully Report, a Facebook survey that was completed by over 50,000 teens. The data... More  →
The Bully Report Results Are In

Auntie SparkNotes: My Parents Are Splitting Up

By kat_rosenfieldOctober 18, 2012
Hi Auntie, Today I got some hard news: my parents are splitting up. I know this happens a lot nowadays, but my parents seemed so in love with each other. Now it feels like everything about love and relationships I've learned is a complete lie.... More  →
Auntie SparkNotes: My Parents Are Splitting Up

The Most Amazing Pet Halloween Costumes In the World!

By Vadim NewquistOctober 18, 2012
Why should humans have all the Halloween fun? Especially since it's so awesome to see our four legged friends dressed up as our favorite monsters or personalities from the world of Geekdom! So here's our picks of the most awesomely dressed Halloween critters on the net! More  →
The Most Amazing Pet Halloween Costumes In the World!

News Flash! Everybody Knows Your Secrets

By Melissa AlbertOctober 18, 2012
You know all the embarrassing secrets you've been hiding? Not the deep and dark kind, but the crappy little ones: Who you have a crush on. What you really cover in peanut butter and devour when you're alone. What's hidden beneath your mattress... More  →
News Flash! Everybody Knows Your Secrets

"Dumbledore Comes Back!" J.K. Rowling Straight-up Lies on The Daily Show

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 18, 2012
J.K. "Slippery Jo" Rowling was in NYC this week to promote The Casual Vacancy and be generally British and awesome. Alas, our strongest attempts to cast the media credentials spell came up dry, so we could not make it to her speaking gig... More  →
"Dumbledore Comes Back!" J.K. Rowling Straight-up Lies on The Daily Show