Skip over navigation

Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Cats Are Evil

By reidfaylorAugust 8, 2012
FROM: writersoul I just finished a month-long job as a day camp counselor for 2-year-olds. With screaming ringing in my ears and my head dizzy from all the toys thrown at me, I am now about to spend a whole month at home. What... More  →
Let Me Give You Bad Advice: Cats Are Evil

Some Things You Might Have Missed at the Olympics

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 8, 2012
The Olympics can be a bit confusing, and with all the events going on in a different time zone (for most of us), it's easy to miss things. Luckily for you, we've collected some the most important videos from the Olympics so far...including some of... More  →
Some Things You Might Have Missed at the Olympics

"OMG" Was Actually Invented in 1917

By Emily WinterAugust 8, 2012
Excellent news! Some fancy fart made up "OMG" back in 1917 in a letter to Winston Churchill. The recently-discovered letter below—written by a guy called Lord Fisher—is now the first known document containing the popular initialism. Now if anyone ever tries to call you out... More  →
"OMG" Was Actually Invented in 1917

Ask Jono: Super-Casual Dates

By Jon_SkindzierAugust 8, 2012
Dear Jono, I was hoping for some male perspective on this situation I have. I met this guy through a school sport. We’ve talked a few times now, and I’m really starting to fancy him. One of my good friends is dating one of... More  →
Ask Jono: Super-Casual Dates

Real Terrible Thing: Non-Optional Pregnancy Tests at School

By kat_rosenfieldAugust 7, 2012
Hey, you! Yeah, you, with the computer and the eyeballs and the pants. Are you pregnant? No? Huh, that's weird. Because someone said you were? So you're just going to have to take this test to prove it. And if you're pregnant, you can't hang out here.... More  →
Real Terrible Thing: Non-Optional Pregnancy Tests at School

THE INTERNET DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. OR DOES IT? (HINT: IT DOES. MAYBE.)

By Chelsea DaggerAugust 7, 2012
HOWDY, BUTTS. I'd like to start off by thanking all of you scholarly, lovable dweebs for participating in Writer Wars; whether you're an old pro who's been around since the beginning or a newbie who's just joined us recently, I want you to know that... More  →
THE INTERNET DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. OR DOES IT? (HINT: IT DOES. MAYBE.)

Holding On: Chapter 24

By ContributorAugust 7, 2012
Catch up on Chapter 23 of willwriteforhearts' story right here! They said there’s not much more to do then wait for my side to heal, which sounds a little less than fun. I guess that’s what you get for running around with broken... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 24

How to Break Out of Your Funk

Finally, I've found a solution for the sad, depressed teenage girls across the world who spend the best years of their lives locked up in their rooms! Whether your boyfriend broke up with you or they closed the Taco Bell two blocks down from your... More  →
How to Break Out of Your Funk

The Truth About Band

Alright, there are a huge amount of posts about marching band here on SparkLife...and I’m just here to add to them. I'm going to be a freshman this year and just got done with my first ever band camp! I’ve seen a lot, heard a... More  →
The Truth About Band

Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande Get Their Own TV Show

By Jennifer GrudzieckiAugust 7, 2012
With iCarly ending this fall, Jennette McCurdy is moving on to her next project...with Victorious's Ariana Grande! If you watch Nickelodeon, then you know these girls as Sam and Cat ...which, coincidentally, is what their show is going to be called.  Sam & Cat follows Sam and Cat... More  →
Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande Get Their Own TV Show