Skip over navigation

Writer Wars: You Guys Make the Brothers Grimm Look Like Total Amateurs

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 26, 2011
I can't BELIEVE that no one chose to re-write the greatest fairy tale of all time, Flubber. COME ON, PEOPLE. It was a Robin Williams CLASSIC—though I would have been just as a happy with sometime taking a chance and putting a modern... More  →
Writer Wars: You Guys Make the Brothers Grimm Look Like Total Amateurs

Open Thread for July 26

By SparkLifeJuly 26, 2011
Allow us to translate Stanley the Robot's incoherent ramblings: DANGER, WILL ROBINSON. WE ARE OUT OF OPEN THREAD PICTURES. If you've got cute, funny, or righteously awesome photographs, send 'em our way with your username and a brief... More  →
Open Thread for July 26

What To Do When You Miss Your S.O.

By ContributorJuly 25, 2011
BonnieBellez, we can't get over your first DO. ...We're DOing it now! —Sparkitors Summertime is full of laughter, smiles, and days spent with friends. Summer flings are common and encouraged. But sometimes you have something deeper than a fling, and sometimes you are separated... More  →
What To Do When You Miss Your S.O.

10 Ways to Annoy Your History Teacher

We love this simple list from dac213, though we feel terrible for her teacher. —Sparkitors I spent the year in a history class with three of the most annoying boys in my grade. If I learned anything from them, it's how to get on... More  →
10 Ways to Annoy Your History Teacher

The Five Types of Chat Room Users

jtjuvenile is an expert on interwebz socializing; we could all learn a lot from this girl.—Sparkitors After visiting several different anonymous chat rooms, I have collected sufficient evidence to state that 3/4 of the people online suffer from the... More  →
The Five Types of Chat Room Users

ACNE: The Finale (There Will Be Actual Fireworks)

By Chelsea DaggerJuly 25, 2011
Okay, so there won't be actual fireworks. Actual fireworks are illegal and incredibly dangerous, especially when your sweat happens to be flammable (it's like I perspire kerosene, really). But there WILL be figurative fireworks, which are almost as fun, and not nearly as frightening to... More  →
ACNE: The Finale (There Will Be Actual Fireworks)

The Five Different Types of Adults

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJuly 25, 2011
If there's one type of humanoid that teenagers don't understand, it's adults. How do you act around adults when each one seems to have different expectations? What should you say to those grumpy, caffeine-addicted creatures? There's only one way to tell: sort them into categories! 1.... More  →
The Five Different Types of Adults

Open Thread for July 25

By SparkLifeJuly 25, 2011
This pic, submitted by HappyMadPuzzler, both terrifies and delights us (sort of like that guy on the subway who uses his teeth to play his guitar). Apparently Happy's been having some problems with everyone's least favorite interwebz monster; all we have... More  →
Open Thread for July 25

Notes From an IB Insider

By ContributorJuly 22, 2011
idkwhy.really writes a love letter to what sounds like one of the best non-magical school programs around. –Sparkitors This is my second year in IB, and all I have to say about these two years is WOW. I can definitely say that I've been thoroughly... More  →
Notes From an IB Insider

You Know You're From Lebanon When...

By ContributorJuly 22, 2011
LadyBlueBerry, we hope your dozens of cousins means you have places to crash all over the world! –Sparkitors What has the awesome "You Know You're From..." series by my fellow Sparklers been missing? A post about life in Lebanon, that tiny 4,015-square-mile land by... More  →
You Know You're From Lebanon When...