Search Menu
Menu

15 Bad Titles for College Application Essays

By RG DanielsOctober 25, 2012
We conducted a completely, genuinely not real poll and found that 98% of students find the essay portion of a college application to be the most daunting. While that essay is meant to stand out and show enrollment offices why you belong on that... More  →
15 Bad Titles for College Application Essays

Diamond Planets and Cookie Monsters in Space?

By Vadim NewquistOctober 25, 2012
There is a planet made out of diamonds. Out. Of. Diamonds This strange planetoid of bling-bling (dubbed 55 Cancri e by its discoverers) has a carbon-based composition containing an outer layer of DIAMOND (sorry, it's just kind of nuts) that composes nearly a... More  →
Diamond Planets and Cookie Monsters in Space?

Ask Jono: Flirting Without Flirting

By Jon_SkindzierOctober 25, 2012
Dear Wise and Knowledgeable Jono, I'll just keep this short... Is it possibly to start a relationship, like a romantic one, with a guy without flirting? Because I am a girl who fails miserably in that category, possibly because of my fear of rejection. The answer here kind of depends... More  →
Ask Jono: Flirting Without Flirting

Picking Katy Perry's Birthday Present: A Quest in Limericks

By Brandon SpecktorOctober 25, 2012
On her birthday Katy looked blueSo I knew just what I must do:I'd unleash that one giftTo make her mood shift(And maybe she'd smooch me once, too). More  →
Picking Katy Perry's Birthday Present: A Quest in Limericks

Guide for First-Time Voters

By RG DanielsOctober 25, 2012
From the Vault: This post was originally published in August of 2012. We thought you guys might like to revisit it before the election! There are tons of things that make America great: hot dogs, "Spongebob Squarepants," fail videos on YouTube, and, most of... More  →
Guide for First-Time Voters

I Got in Trouble AGAIN

By SparkyOctober 24, 2012
It seriously wasn't me this time, Oh Precious SparkLife Squashnuggets. Click and I'll show you PROOF. ... More  →
I Got in Trouble AGAIN

How to Become the President

By reidfaylorOctober 24, 2012
FROM: FantasyBookLover How do I become the POTUS? POTUS can mean a lot of things—Petter Of Thin, Unkempt Shrews; Passenger Of Twenty Ugly Sedans; Purveyer of Taffy, Unctions, Smiles; Pot-stirrer Of Truly Unappetizing Stews—but I will assume you mean President Of The United States. Besides statistically... More  →
How to Become the President

5 Animals With Secret Weapons

By Steven RomanoOctober 24, 2012
Recently in an NBC News report, scientist Noriko Iwai of the University of Tokyo had discovered that the extremely endangered Otton frog has a nasty surprise tucked away in its “thumb”: a spiny dagger! Used for fastening itself to a mate (okay, ow), fighting off rival ma More  →
5 Animals With Secret Weapons

Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: Cinder

By ContributorOctober 24, 2012
Book: Cinder by Marissa Meyer Synopsis: Cinder’s stepmother and elder stepsister consider her a disgrace and embarrassment, and society at large has deemed her a disposable pariah. Her only friends in the world are her younger stepsister, Peony, and a robot with a unique... More  →
Blogging B&N.com's Teen Must-Reads: Cinder

Halloween TV Episodes to Watch While You Gobble Candy Corn

By Beth MishlerOctober 24, 2012
What do you do after you've gone out and collected all the candy you can cram in your face? Watch TV! And not just any TV... something Halloweeny! Any number of shows have made Halloween-themed episodes, so we're here to help you separate the wheat... More  →
Halloween TV Episodes to Watch While You Gobble Candy Corn