Skip over navigation

The Return of the King (Writer Wars is BBACCCKKKK)

By Chelsea DaggerJanuary 17, 2012
You butts know that scene in Lord of the Rings when everybody thinks Aragorn is dead, and then he busts through the doors of Helm's Deep like the muddiest badass in Middle Earth? Well THAT is what's happening on Writer Wars today; it... More  →
The Return of the King (Writer Wars is BBACCCKKKK)

Summer Action Movies We'd Like to See

By Josh PeriloJanuary 17, 2012
Here in the deep, dark, dankity dank of winter, it seems like light years away from the buttery smell of the summer movie cineplex beckoning to us with its action packed offerings. The only thing that can get us through these chilly doldrums is... More  →
Summer Action Movies We'd Like to See

New Ways to Geek Out in 2012

By Josh PeriloJanuary 17, 2012
We’re only a handful of weeks into the new year and some of us seem to be slipping back into our old, 2011 ways already. Watching the same shows. Reading the same books. Geeking out over the same old same old that... More  →
New Ways to Geek Out in 2012

How to ENJOY Eating Lunch By Yourself

By ContributorJanuary 17, 2012
sumsparkler one-ups claudiachance's post and tells you not just how to survive a lonely lunch, but make the most of it!—Sparkitors I know most people hate eating... More  →
How to ENJOY Eating Lunch By Yourself

This Music Will Probably Destroy the World

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2012
I, KittieBratCat, was looking on the back of the package of my guitar strings, and I noticed it has band names on it! And some of them are really good: John Mayer, Aerosmith, Ac/Dc, System of a Down, Counting Crows, Fuel, Guttermouth, Blink-182,... More  →
This Music Will Probably Destroy the World

Geek Week Real Talk: Comedy Nerd 4 Lyfe

By Chrissie GruebelJanuary 17, 2012
Sparklers, I am a comedy geek. And it's terminal. The symptoms started out fairly mild—watching marathon stand-up comedy specials, memorizing Christopher Guest movies, wearing out my copies of books by Ellen DeGeneres and Jerry Seinfeld … you get it. Back... More  →
Geek Week Real Talk: Comedy Nerd 4 Lyfe

How to Land a Geeky Boyfriend in 5 Easy Steps

By Jennifer GrudzieckiJanuary 17, 2012
It is an uncontested fact that Geeky Boys are the most amazing, handsome, adorable, and wonderful boys on the face of the Earth. (Note: this fact may or may not be based on the fact that the writer is dating a Geek.) Well, with all... More  →
How to Land a Geeky Boyfriend in 5 Easy Steps

4 Atypical Reasons I Hate Having a Cold

By ContributorJanuary 16, 2012
Everyone hates having a cold. You sound like you're drowning, you can't hear, smell, or taste anything, and there is absolutely nothing that will make the misery go away. But having been sick recently, I realized there are four not-so-typical reasons why having a cold... More  →
4 Atypical Reasons I Hate Having a Cold

Geek Week Initiation

By Kathryn_WilliamsJanuary 16, 2012
Prospective brothers and sisters, you have made it through your Geek Week pledgeship. You have sufficiently convinced us that you can name all 11 actors who've played Doctor Who (and which ones had perms), can complete the Friday New York Times... More  →
Geek Week Initiation

My Geekiest Moment: I'm Makin' Nachos!

By Lauren PassellJanuary 16, 2012
Splogger Lauren Passell confesses her geekiest moment in honor of Geek Week! —Sparkitors In middle school, I was quite the prize package. I wore huge rimmed glasses (because I had to) and a clip on bow tie, suspenders, and Kangol hat (by choice). Except... More  →
My Geekiest Moment: I'm Makin' Nachos!