Search Menu
Menu

Geeky Girl Halloween: Aviatrix

By Allison EmmOctober 22, 2012
As an Art Deco freak, I’ve been in love with the trends of the 1930s ever since I was little girl playing with toy airplanes. Women back then were challenging themselves to do things they never had before. This Halloween, I’m going as an Aviatrix in honor of those early More  →
Geeky Girl Halloween: Aviatrix

Chat Between Dracula and Frankenstein

By Scott GreenstoneOctober 22, 2012
We know that Frankenstein is the scientist, and Frankenstein's MONSTER is the green guy, but for simplicity's sake, we're just calling him Frankenstein in this Halloween G Chat. Frankenstein: Dude! Its been so long! Dracula: OMG Fran. What you been up to? Frankenstein: Just traveling across Antarctica. I... More  →
Chat Between Dracula and Frankenstein

The Best Fan Fiction Sites Ever!

By Tim WainwrightOctober 22, 2012
Sometimes, shows get canceled and book series end. This makes us sad. But with fan fiction, a whole community of likeminded people can get together to write and shore stories in our favorite universes, keeping the dream going! Want to know what happened to Hermione... More  →
The Best Fan Fiction Sites Ever!

Petition to solve problems affecting Sparklife

By FantasyBookLoverOctober 22, 2012

Hey Sparklebutts!

I have decided to start a petition to solve problems affecting Sparklife. Join me in my cause and let us have this post featured on the front page.

Here's what we want:

1) Formatted Sparkler posts

2) Editable profiles

3) Destruction of RLC (which implies that Gary won't

... More  →

This 3D Sidewalk Art Will Make You Doubt Reality

By Becky FerreiraOctober 22, 2012
Need some inspiration for sprucing up your neighborhood's sidewalks and streets? Kurt Wenner is your man. Not only has Wenner produced beautiful 3-D street artwork all around the globe, he invented the medium. He has also worked as a scientific space illustrator for NASA (be More  →
This 3D Sidewalk Art Will Make You Doubt Reality

What Your Halloween Candy Says About You

By Rachel KorowitzOctober 22, 2012
From the vault: This post was originally published on Oct. 22, 2010. This year, instead of dressing up, you decided to chill at home and hand out sugar bombs to the local trick-or-treaters. But did you know that the candy may be saying more about... More  →
What Your Halloween Candy Says About You

Which American Literature Heroine Are You?

By Katie HayOctober 22, 2012
Sure, we all love a swashbuckling and strapping male hero, but let's be honest: if it wasn't for the classic heroines of American Lit, the fiction landscape would be pretty drab. Heroines in Classic American Literature often indicate both the society’s outlook toward women at... More  →
Which American Literature Heroine Are You?

8 Ways To Cheat At NaNoWriMo

By Lisa BernierOctober 22, 2012
NaNoWriMo, the time when professionals and amateurs scribble frantically away in the hopes of earning themselves the prestigious title of novelist, and...um...can you see why I would be terrible at trying this? I can't even write one sentence without losing steam midway. For those (like myself)... More  →
8 Ways To Cheat At NaNoWriMo

Cats, Ghana, and College Application Essays

By Lex LuthorOctober 22, 2012
Decisions are the worst! Sparkler Angela sent us two essays she’s deciding between: one about cats—are they good or evil, friend or foe, smart or incredibly, unbelievably, maddeningly stupid?—and one about her experience at an orphanage in Ghana. Here is my feedback on the cat essay: AMEN,... More  →
Cats, Ghana, and College Application Essays