Skip over navigation

Holding On: Chapter 4

By ContributorApril 11, 2011
In the last chapter of willwriteforhearts' fantastic story, Alice was sprinting away from a mysterious figure...but who is he, and what does he want?—Sparkitors Okay. I’m okay now. It’s just… I’m okay now. Why’d I do that? My head whirs in response, searching... More  →
Holding On: Chapter 4

The Amazing Life of a Bando

By ContributorApril 11, 2011
Starkidette, we can't tell if you're talking about band or the members of an elite crime-fighting squad. Either way, we're taking up an instrument today! –Sparkitors Marching band. You know you’re a bando if 1. you walk in step, 2. you identify... More  →
The Amazing Life of a Bando

How To Calm Down and Go To Sleep

By Rachel KorowitzApril 8, 2011
It's 11pm, but the tiny hamster that turns your brain-wheel just drank a double red eye. Since he's going for a land speed record, your mind is racing from topic to topic, and you're covering everything from sincere worries ("When can I start researching... More  →
How To Calm Down and Go To Sleep

Cooking with Shivani: Churros con Cajeta. Yum Yum.

By ShivaniApril 8, 2011
Before we read Shivani's post, we didn't know cajeta existed. Now we know, and we want to marry it. —Sparkitors So I  went to India last week, and brought something back. Any guesses? TYPHOID FEVER. Which basically amounts to me lying in bed for a... More  →
Cooking with Shivani: Churros con Cajeta. Yum Yum.

Only You Can Prevent Homophone Abuse

By kat_rosenfieldApril 8, 2011
Beware the difference between COMPLEMENTARY, meaning "accompanying or well-matched," and COMPLIMENTARY—which means "giving praise" (or "free of charge"). More  →
Only You Can Prevent Homophone Abuse

Can Robots Lead to Love?

By ContributorApril 8, 2011
Robots. That’s right, people, the following involves robots. But not yet. Even though I’m really excited about the robots. We must be patient. Okay. First of all, I think it’s finally safe to say that Spider Man and I are friends. Well, I’m pretty sure. Semi-positive. Actually,... More  →
Can Robots Lead to Love?

How to Get Your Friend Back After Making an Unwanted Advance

By Ashley SpencerApril 8, 2011
It was like a terrible episode of Dawson’s Creek. You looked into your best friend’s eyes and realized you were digging her. And so one day, when she came over for her usual afternoon hang sesh, you tried touching her knee as you watched TV.... More  →
How to Get Your Friend Back After Making an Unwanted Advance

Win Money! Apply Now!

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 8, 2011
Do you want $5oo??? Yes. You do. You just need the chance to get it. Right? This is it, Sparklers. Your Chance. The deadline for applicants of the Third Annual SparkNotes Yearbook Awards (AKA The Most... More  →
Win Money! Apply Now!

Ask Jono: Tall Girls And Short Boys

By Jon_SkindzierApril 8, 2011
Dear Jono, You.Are.Hilarious! I love your posts! About my question...I've been wondering about this for a while and I'm still confused... My problem is I'm really weird around guys. Look I'm really tall (5'11) and 90% of the guys are shorter than me, so when a guy shorter... More  →
Ask Jono: Tall Girls And Short Boys

SHA-ZAM! It's Your New Astrological Sign!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 8, 2011
Do you guys remember back in January, when astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society claimed that the moon's gravitational pull had changed, consequently shifting the stars' alignment and forever altering your zodiac sign? Did you stop reading that sentence after th More  →
SHA-ZAM! It's Your New Astrological Sign!