Skip over navigation

Vocab Word of the Day!

By Chelsea DaggerApril 14, 2011
EPIC VOCAB SHOUT-OUTS from yesterday's post go to: sayWHAT??shutUP!!: Saying that Rebecca Black's song "Friday" is the worst song ever has become a platitude; I propose we call it the worst thing ever created... More  →
Vocab Word of the Day!

Brag About Your Acceptance Letters!

By Miss MarmApril 14, 2011
I want to hear where everyone got into school. Did your first choice accept you? Are you stressing about which school to choose?  Tell me everything! ... More  →
Brag About Your Acceptance Letters!

How To Weasel Out Of Doing Chores

By Jon_SkindzierApril 14, 2011
Between school, studying, part-time jobs, and household chores, many teens are left with some negative number of hours in any given day. You could try to get around this deficit by multitasking (eating tacos in the shower, mowing the lawn while asleep) or cutting back... More  →
How To Weasel Out Of Doing Chores

Blogging My Boy Diet: PROM Is Here!

By ContributorApril 14, 2011
Talie has the best night ever, and we couldn't be happier for her!—Sparkitors Well, last time you heard from me, I had an EXTREMELY TERRIBLE dilemma: prom was going downhill faster than my dog runs after any... More  →
Blogging My Boy Diet: PROM Is Here!

Why Your Siblings Will Always Be Better Than You

By Jennifer GrudzieckiApril 14, 2011
You've always had that nagging feeling in the back of your head. Now we're here to confirm: your siblings are way better than you. They always will be. It doesn't matter what order you were born in, it doesn't matter who's in charge. They're just... More  →
Why Your Siblings Will Always Be Better Than You

My French Adventure: Daily Life in France

LadyM continues her quest to make us die of jealousy; even CHORES are fun in France!—Sparkitors The Grocery Store: What has been a stunningly boring chore for all my life has new meaning. French grocery stores are exciting! First off, the shopping carts... More  →
My French Adventure: Daily Life in France

Never Been Kissed Michigan: The Nature of the Crush

thenameselodie gives us the low-down on her crushin' style—and throws us another curveball about Ace!—Sparkitors As a high school girl who’s had more than her fair share of crushes, I can say with certainty that there are several phases unique to having a... More  →
Never Been Kissed Michigan: The Nature of the Crush

The Life of an Anxiety Sufferer

QuirkySpark explains what it's like to have anxiety and offers advice for others like her.Thanks for speaking up!—Sparkitors I'm 17 years old, and I suffer from anxiety. I was diagnosed with it only a few months ago when I was essentially having... More  →
The Life of an Anxiety Sufferer

Open Thread for April 14

By Chelsea DaggerApril 14, 2011
We received this doodle from an anonymous Sparkler, and all we can say is "WE WANT SOME MORE." We don't understand it, but we love it. ... More  →
Open Thread for April 14

The Daily Trials of an English Major: That's a Class?!?

By ContributorApril 13, 2011
We're jealous of Courtney Guth—we want to take gypsy classes!! —Sparkitors At a certain point in the semester, students across all college campuses, majors, and fields face the same antagonizing dilemma: What do I take next semester?! Many colleges require certain electives, and, of course, there... More  →
The Daily Trials of an English Major: That's a Class?!?